15 years helping Israeli businesses

About Quicken

Rental property and personal finances management solution with tenant information tracking, income management, and expense tracking.

Learn more about Quicken

Pros:

Every updated gets better. I love to be able to track every dollar I spend, and can categorize it.

Quicken ratings

3.9
3.5
3.9
3.7

7.1/10

Quicken has an overall rating of 3.9 out 5 stars based on 418 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Quicken before?

Susan
Susan
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Ideal for My Solorpreneur Marketing Consulting Business

Comments: I am very pleased with the ease of entering data into the system. It saves me the cost of having a bookkeeper. I am able to categorize expenses myself and take full advantage of knowing what i was buying for business and for personal life. I know it is saving my a lot on my taxes, as I have proof of my deductions versus just guessing. It used to take me days to prepare my docs for my CPA not it is in a matter of hours I have all the numbers she will need.

Pros:

The best feature I like is the way you can split items on a receipt into their own categories. For example, I go to Walgreens and buy cosmetics, copy paper, thank you notes, and business head shot photo prints. I enter Walgreens for the Payee, then I assign / split where the expenses will go in my categories. Cosmetic - Personal Care, Copy Paper, thank you notes - Business: Office Supplies, Photo prints - Business: Photography. I make my tax reporting a breeze for my Schedule C line items. I also love generating reports on income and expenses. Great for planning or estimating funds for seasonal work loads.

Cons:

It actually has more features than I want to use. For example - the investment section, I tried to use it - but to enter buy - sell information and dividends and details was way too time consuming for me. I just as soon get my reports from my brokerage firm.

KASSANDRA
Owner - President in US
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

Quicken is great for small businesses

5.0 last month New

Comments: I have been using quicken for years and its been easy and user friendly.

Pros:

Easy to download transactions. Specialized report save fuction. Cloud sync to view on other devices.

Cons:

Every once in a while it auto catorgories something worong.

James
Treasurer in US
Religious Institutions, 2–10 Employees

Expensive

3.0 2 months ago New

Comments: I have been using Quicken since the DOS days. I never had any problems until the new owners took over. The program has been very glitchy ever since. Since this is the only program out there that is not overkill for my small church, I am forced to use it.

Pros:

The financial reports I can generate is very flexible.

Cons:

The program is becoming very expensive to use. There are glitches with some of the updates which messes up the check register. Many problems with connecting with my Wells Fargo accounts.

Laurie
office manager in US
Real Estate, 2–10 Employees

offered a whole new way to budget

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: Hard to use in the beginning, however customer support has been great and has always been able to answer any questions I have with ease and just make it easy for me. The product overall has been great and truly helped transform the way we do our accounting.

Pros:

Quicken does so much more than your standard budgeting and financial keeping. It has helped streamline our business and has been so efficient in our accounting needs

Cons:

it was definitley hard to use at first. it took some time and asking lots of questions to really understand it. customer support has been great though

Justin
Director in US
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Quicken is easy to use

5.0 last month New

Pros:

Easy to use platform for keeping track of personal finance.

Cons:

Takes a little bit to get your views the way you want them and the process of labeling charges into correct categories is a bit manual.

Thomas
President in US
Real Estate, 2–10 Employees

Worst Software Package I know - DON'T BUY IT!

Comments: This is the worst software and, as far as I can tell, none of their staff are interested in helping, nor are they anything other than simpletons without knowledge of their product. STAY AWAY.

Pros:

relatively inexpensive as compared to other options.

Cons:

DOES NOT WORK. Even when I did all it asked and upgraded - it is not able to use multiple files I provide.

Doug
owner in US

Poor Customer service

Comments: I have used Quicken for more than 10 years. In the past few years, the Quality of the updates has been poor and the price has gone up. Customer service has declined in Boise office. Guatemala service is better but still language problem. Do not start with Quicken Home and Business!
Letter to the current [sensitive content hidden] of Quicken
I have contacted Quicken, according to your records at least 6 times this year 2024. I have been a customer for at least a dozen years.
The problem was finally resolved today 3/11/2024. It was related to files that go back in time and or the size of the file. I cannot imagine it is the size nor the date, it just does not make sense to me. However today, thanks to a person in Guatemala it was resolved after approx 2 hrs.
I really am upset that after speaking with a person in Boise last week for almost 2 hrs (#10890242) I was told it was an issue with my computer. I believed him, because I had spoken with numerous to Quicken support on that issue and the renaming error issue.
I have spoken with [sensitive content hidden] at your Boise office and they have extended my subscription for 6 mos.That is the best they can do for me! [sensitive content hidden], did confirm when looking at the notes I was told by the agent. That it was a problem with my computer blocking and I should take it in and get it checked. I did take it in!
But going back to the issue of my time and not correct advice, I spent $175.00 to have my computer checked, I was told by your employee that was the issue. It was not, according to [sensitive content hidden], the correct procedure was to escalate the problem. That was not done according to the notes, case #10890242. If it would have been escalated, I would not have incurred the expense. I still would have 15 or 20 hours of my time.
I have to keep Quicken to run the rental properties I own. I need the data in case I am audited. So I would have to switch to another program or continue with Quicken. I would prefer to stay as switching would require substantial time and effort for a 74 year old person.
My time and for that part yours, on the support time is probably 15 hours or more. That does not include my hold time or the issue that I now have to add back all the passwords to the institutions and double check to make sure there are no issues.

If you do not think that is fair, then I will have no choice but to continue with Quicken. But I will let other users know of my difficulties when they choose companies like yourself.
I do hope this note will help you in the future, as far as training and obvious flaws in the computer program.
I have run many companies including a number of my own. It is not the money, it is my time! I also always wanted feedback from my customers to help me improve my companies and our services. I am sure you also want that for your many companies.

Pros:

Was easy now difficult especially after updates

Cons:

The value has gone out the window, I think this happened when they were bought

Jodi
Controller in US
Real Estate, 51–200 Employees

Our company has been using Quicken for over 15 years and we are very satisfied,

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: I use it daily and it works well! No qualms at all.

Pros:

The software is efficient, easy, and works very well.

Cons:

I am overall very satisfied. There is nothing I can think of that needs improvement.

Wes
Wes
Principal Software Engineer in US
Information Technology & Services, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Quicken is the Grand-Daddy of Personal Finance Tools, I can't Quit It.

4.0 last month New

Comments: I've used Quicken for such a long time, It would be difficult to switch to an alternative. I general it works for me, and I see no evidence which indicates I should check into alternatives.

Pros:

It is highly evolved for tracking personal expenditures, and the performance of personal investments.

Cons:

The smallest price point at which I can get it, is rather high. I wish it had more tailored pricing based upon the features you need.

Joana
Disc jockey in Philippines
Broadcast Media, 2–10 Employees

Finance management

4.0 last month New

Pros:

It helps a lot with my budgeting in my monthly expenses

Cons:

Other budget assistance and financial management are not effective

Tamara
Adjstmnt Analyst and Generalist in US
Civic & Social Organization, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Its all about the profits now......

Comments: Although I am sounding as though I am resistant to forwarding technology, I am not. There are just certain things that I feel should be more protected and so far, technology has failed to prevent hackers and identity thieves from accessing peoples information due to companies insistence in having our information all over the internet and web. There was nothing wrong with the old QUICKEN but greed is no playing a part in the new QUICKEN that separated from INTUIT.

Pros:

I loved it when it was an actual software that could be purchased and had no yearly subscription fee. Prior to them separating from Intuit, this was my software of choice. Ease of use and the ability to choose to have your information inaccessible to internet hackers and not out there for anyone to see.

Cons:

2007 saw the end of exceptional quality. Went from a software that you can purchase and utilize without having to pay a yearly subscription to a for profit only software with yearly subscription in 2017-2018 update. Now if you want to use this software you have to pay for it yearly. 2007 utilized an update that caused major issues with previous versions. The font became too large to fit in the windows that popped up, the reconciliation failed to work properly, did not give accurate numbers.(Quicken blamed this on the PC Operating system....Funny, no other software on my PC had these issues). They refused to fix the issues they created and then came out with a new update that once you applied the update, 2017-2018, you had to start paying yearly or live with the issues that were created by the previous update. I now have fuzzy font, like old school DOS systems, and a yearly subscription for more bells and whistles that I will ever utilize. Not everyone wants to use mobile access and expose themselves to more and more risk of hackers to steal information.

Craig
President in Dominican Republic
Retail, 2–10 Employees

User since the 1990's

Comments: Since late 2022 it has been horrible.

Pros:

I have always liked how easy it was to learn and use Quicken. Getting started is easy.

Cons:

In the last year Quicken changed their product so it only works on one computer. I have used Quicken for over a decade with OneDrive as the main storage for the database and more recently my own personal server. This made using Quicken essential for travel between my office, my home and on my laptop during travel outside the country or on family vacation.Quicken no longer allows this type of functionality and only allows you to store the main database on a local 'C' drive. Yes, you can copy and paste the database onto another computer (if you remember to do so before leaving), but then you need to re-sign into all your financial institutions. Unfortunately, the product is no longer business friendly and has rolled back to twentieth century technology when people only had one computer to use.Why programmers made this horrible decision is beyond me since almost everything has moved to cloud based programming or allows you to store and use a database from an online storage platform.

Phil
Principal in US
Real Estate, Self Employed

Serious improvement is only possible with serious measurement

Comments: These days we all have multiple accounts: checking, savings, investing, real estate, retirement, etc. All these accounts are necessary in today's world, however, keeping track of them all is a serious problem. Quicken is a tool that will bring all of these accounts into a single dashboard and help you stay on top of all the changes. While Quicken is an older piece of software and will probably never see a full rewrite to make it more modern, it is the only option for serious personal finance and it works well enough to get the job done.

Pros:

It allows me to stay on top of my finances by downloading transactions from all my accounts into a single dashboard. It allows me to answer any question I have about my finances.

Cons:

It is slow! Simple tasks like reconciling an account can be aggravating as the hourglass icon comes up way more often then it should for a simple task. I have run this on a modern Intel Core i7 processor and it is still a dog. You definitely need to be patient with this software.

Daan
Senior Accounant in Netherlands
Accounting Software, 11–50 Employees

Amazing -cheap- accounting software

Comments: Great experience.

Pros:

The software has a solid UI so it is easy to see where your money goes. Easy to use and practical. Great for small to medium businesses because it is not very expensive and has many features.

Cons:

The interface can look a bit outdated to some, but al the information you need is there. In 1 place. Very convenient.

Linda
Real Estate, Self Employed

Have used for many years and with every upgrade keeps getting more bugs

Comments: Works well for personal finances - checking, savings, credit cards

Pros:

Easy to learn, set up account. Can also use the software for my other businesses and personal stuff. Lots of ways to run reports that are useful. Nice to be able to download transactions from my bank and credit card accounts.

Cons:

End of year tax schedules have bugs, Income reminders for rent payments do not show up correctly, Support is through a forum and they mainly tell you to run a file validation and that's it, Option to "Link a bill reminder to an online account" has never worked, New Zillow feature to asses value of property does not work. The only way I got good support was to pay another dollar for premium support and spent hours on the phone with a tech as he had me restore old backups trying to find a file that didn't cause the error... We never did find one that didn't cause the error. I am limping along with how it is working and currently looking for other software for my rental properties.

Roger
Property Manager
Management Consulting, 2–10 Employees

USe it daily and have since the early 1990,s

Pros:

Puts all your finances in one place, updates all accounts with minimal keystrokes rather than having to go to each website yourself (Saving lots of time) works like an on-screen checkbook. See your net worth accounts and liabilities in one place. Navigation is easy as a click of the mouse.

Cons:

Intuit, the author, recently sold Quicken to an Investment Group. When Microsoft dropped MS Money, Quicken became the Monopoly in the market. Now the new company made some changes and icons are different, some screens have pop-up windows that don't work right, and the internet is full of complaints from long time users. Most of the glitches I found are minor, but changes were made so that everyone had to renew in-order to be able to access all your accounts online with Quicken, a strategy they may use to continually force upgrades and fees! Watch for this. This is what happens when someone sees a chance to capitalize on a monopoly!

Cheryl
Accounting Software, Self Employed

Great Personal Bookkeeping Software

Comments: I really love using Quicken. I would definitely recommend it for use for personal bookkeeping.

Pros:

Quicken is very, very easy to use. It is great for bookkeeping for personal accounts. The basic Quicken does not track debt and investments, so if you want to do that you have to upgrade to the more expensive one.

Cons:

This software cannot really be used for business use. Also, I used to be able to buy the CD and install it on my computer and use it for 3 or 4 years. Now you have to pay a yearly fee to use the software. Also, when I bought the CD I could keep up with my loans and investments. Now you have to pay quite a bit more to do that.

Homeowner in US
Accounting Software, Self Employed

Data loss after update

Comments: Up until my purchase last year, Quicken served me well.

Pros:

I have used Quicken for 20+ years for personal and business needs. After my 2006 Mac crashed, I bought a new 2022 MacBook Pro and installed the latest version of Quicken. I spent considerable time setting up accounts, bank imports and entering data for the year 2021, and for one reason or another did not enter any new data after tax day 2022. On opening the program today, I installed the most recent update, as one would usually do, after which, I discovered that all my newly entered financial data on this brand new laptop and newly installed program no longer existed. I praise the technical support team for at least attempting, but failing, to help me.The checkbook feature of Quicken for Mac 2007 that this awful program replaced was bullet proof and never failed me in the many years I had used it until the computer itself died. I do not trust that this couldn't happen again, so I am going to switch to a simpler checkbook accounting system that does not nickle and dime you with "membership" fees. Be warned that running their update could cost you.

Cons:

That I lost precious data that technical support was unable to retrieve.

Sharon
owner in US
Arts & Crafts, Self Employed

Business malpractice

Comments: poor

Pros:

Able to keep tax records weekly for my small business.

Cons:

Quicken arbitrarily changed the rules after purchasing this software. I have used this software for 8 years and purchased the program in 2016. After purchasing a new computer this week, and being unable to transfer my program to it, I was told I had to now pay for a yearly subscription of $60/year. Initially, I was given the option of purchase vs subscription and chose purchase. I now am told I have to pay for subscription yearly. If I had known this at the intial purchase time, I would have chosen another software or set up my own on excell. This is poor business practice by this company and I would never recommend them to anyone. I was never notified of any changes with my initial purchase. This would be considered malpractice by most other businesses. They should honor past agreements.

Just works

Comments: Works and just is what I need for my small business.

Pros:

I have been using quickens for a very long time, it works for my needs. I run a simple company and do not use many of the features that are provided. The one feature that I do like the most is being able to download from the bank to the program to make sure I have the correct balance. However, when you send out a check sometimes via the bank check program it may post twice when written then when cashed. Just something to keep in mind. It also works for when I need to start and complete my taxes.

Cons:

When you send out a check sometimes via the bank check program it may post twice when written then when cashed.

Business & Rental Mgmt

Pros:

It keeps up with my rental expenses as well as my business

Cons:

It takes a while to figure out but customer service is helpful

Law Practice, 2–10 Employees

Not nearly as good as the Quicken of old before sold by Intuit

Comments: I have been using Quicken for decades and it was always wonderful software. Since Intuit sold out Quicken simply has far more bugs, does not work nearly as well as the prior versions. Its too late for me to switch, but if you are starting out in your own business, consider whatever alternatives out there are available before getting bogged down with this now very buggy product. Its the old cliche I guess, "if it ain't broke don't fix it". Of course this new company had to change everything up, in particular the reports function and now I find it misses transactions often enough that I don't trust the software for accuracy.

Pros:

It does its job though not nearly as well as the older versions

Cons:

Very, very buggy and far more difficult to use than the older version

Ali
administrator in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11–50 Employees

Updates have bugs

Comments: Until a couple of years ago when the company was sold, all was fine, after they keep sending updates and they have bugs and I cannot used the software. Their customer service, never pick up and wasted hours of my time trying to fix. SO, if your time has no value, then this software is good but if you are effected by downtime, do not but this software.

Pros:

Used to like it when there no bugs in updates

Cons:

the forced updates have bugs. I had to let the update done this morning before I use it. After update, I cannot print checks. it goes in a look back to printing checks. Have spent many hours trying to reach customer service but no one picks up.

Bill
President in Canada
Management Consulting, 2–10 Employees

There is no better Financial Manager

Comments: I've been using Quicken for over 20 years and have a file with that much information. Because Quicken offers various ways to categorize data, I'm able to get very accurate information on my spending. The ability to interact with online banking is very good. While it has some modernizing to do, Quicken is hands down the best financial manager out there.

Pros:

The company really cares about users. It is as detailed as you want to be. Can manage data in various ways for you to know exactly how you're spending your money. You can store PDF bills and documents in your accounts.

Cons:

Doesn't work well with touch. It's coming along but not there yet. There are a couple undocumented "features" which can really screw up your data.

Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

Subscrption Only - Goodbuy Quicken

Comments: Basic checkbook maintenance is good. All the "whistles and bells" added are not worth the cost.

Pros:

Easy to use

Cons:

Used Quicken for 20 years for only Checkbook management - latest versions REQUIRES an annual payment for services not used. Per Quicken Support - while the software is usable without renewing, you cannot remove the full side banner (top to bottom screen) and banner on the top that insists you renew, renew, renew. This is so irritating I switched software. If you are looking for a simple tool to just manage your checkbook QUICKEN is NOT it.