• Overall
    4.6 /5
    4.6 /5
  • Customer Service Software
    4.4 /5

About Todoist

Todoist is the world's #1 to-do list & task manager to organise your life and work.

Learn more about Todoist

Showing 1,373 reviews

Ross Y.
PM
Entertainment, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/05/2021

"A robust todo tool for those that want a fresh Trello alternative"

Comments: Used successfully for a while, until Trello came out with some features that made using yet another tool redundant, such as setting date and time for tasks and subtasks and viewing the tasks in various layouts.

Pros: Great usability features - quick capture of todo tasks from any text, shortcuts for everything, subtasks, notes for tasks, sharing with team, various views of the tasks (board, list, calendar, gantt).
Support in all browsers, as an extension and standalone, phone app with reminders - everything works in perfect unison.

Cons: Some of the features that other tools offer for free are behind a paywall, such as saving notes with a task or attaching files, or team sharing.

• Reviewed on 04/05/2021
Khazianah H.
Business Analyst
Telecommunications, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/02/2021

"Help me tracking task progress"

Comments: Me and my colleague really glad that we are changing to Todoist as our main to-do list software. None of our task is left behind because we forgot to do it, as this software will remind us for any task that is unfinished and has past its due date.

Pros: All my task that i created in this software are track-able which really helps in managing my work list and my personal to-do list. Setting reminder to my event using the calendar can be integrated to my google calendar, as i usually using google calendar as my main scheduler.

Cons: Storing and sharing my document internally using Todoist is not easy as they promoted. I prefer to integrate it with other storing services that has not limit on the file size.

• Reviewed on 25/02/2021
Nigel M.
IT Manager
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 11/02/2020

"Get things done in style!"

Comments: I have become a ToDoist advocate and highly promote ToDoist to everyone I work with. My clients have now started to share projects with me and 1:1 collaboration is in place with as many team members that I need to work with.

Pros: ToDoist has been amazing! It's so simple to create shared projects and collaborate in tasks. Start by getting your team together to offload all the clutter from their minds and organise this into manageable workflows.
ToDoist has been great in reducing email, converse more in person and use the comment feature to communicate on each individual task.

Cons: I can't find any faults with it in all the years I've been using it. It's amazing!

• Reviewed on 11/02/2020
Software Engineer
  • Reviewed on 05/12/2019

"Good value for your money"

Comments: I mostly use Todoist to manage my daily routines. But there are still rooms for improvement for teamwork.

Pros: Keyboard Shortcut is one of the best feature of Todoist. Having the ability to set all information such as time, project, label, etc task without leaving your keyboard is very useful when I plan the tasks for the next day.S

Cons: Sometimes I want to add notes for a task, currently, I have to create the tasks first, then click on each tasks and add the notes, this is a bit cumbersome. Having ability/keyboard shortcut to add notes during task creation would be really helpful.

• Reviewed on 05/12/2019
E-Learning, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/08/2019

"What Did I Do Before Todoist?"

Comments: I've definitely seen myself become more productive with the integration of Todoist in my life. I've gotten in a good habit of writing tasks down in Todoist as they come so I'm not forgetting anything. I love that you can just easily have the list in front of you at all times to constantly remember what you have to do. The biggest thing has been the reoccurring tasks - I've been able to keep up with some tasks that can be menial and sometimes slip to the back burner on busy days. I love tracking my progress and really seeing how much I have improved with Todoist.

Pros: What I love about Todoist is how easy it is to organize all my to-dos and tasks for a day and where they fall on my list of priorities. I love being able to quickly jot things down as I'm running from meeting to meeting and integrate it into my Outlook so I get reminders if something slips. Having the option to make something occur weekly has also helped me remember things that sometimes I can let fall in the back of my mind. I've been able to track my progress on how well I've been doing and seeing the number of recurring tasks that I have kept after is so rewarding. As a visual person, I love the color coding to help with prioritizing. It also helps when you have multiple teams in Todoist, so you can assign them the tasks and they know which level of priority the tasks are. Overall, Todoist has changed the game in how I organize and get things done.

Cons: Sometimes I do experiences glitches with the Outlook plug in and the tasks don't always integrate with my calendar to update me. I also can get too many updates for my recurring tasks sometimes as well, which doesn't happen too often, but is still something that can throw me off through the weeks. Sometimes the templates available aren't always the most efficient for that area of work (i.e. the content calendar one is a little too simple and doesn't always organize the content super clearly). There aren't that many cons to Todoist in my opinion!

• Reviewed on 21/08/2019
Software Developer
Financial Services Software, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/07/2019

"A Fully Featured Task Management Solution for Individual and Organizations"

Comments: My overall experience with Todoist is very satisfactory and will recommend Todoist to most of the people. The UI is fantastic, feature set is almost complete, integrations and API are nicely done and pricing is very effective. If they can add some additional features like custom day start and end time and also durations for tasks, it will be a 5 star rated task management solution.

Pros: The things I liked the most about Todoist is its feature set. It has got nearly all the features you can ask from a task management service. Also, integrations is a strong point of Todoist. It has a two way Google Calendar sync, also integrates well with Zapier and IFTTT. The API provided by Todoist is very powerful and lets a user/developer automate stuff to a deeper extent.

Cons: The thing I liked the least about Todoist is lack of duration of tasks. There is no way to set a start and end time to the task which can lead to various miscalculations. Also, there is no option to set custom day start and end time, which can be problematic for some people.

• Reviewed on 22/07/2019
Home Inspector
Real Estate, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 19/04/2019

"Streamlined Planning on All Devices"

Comments: I used Todoist a few years back and loved it. I then switched to a different platform for one reason or another, but ended up coming back to Todoist for its ease of use and ability to have recurring tasks. I use it for my personal tasks as well as for my business tasks.

Pros: I use Todoist for both my personal task manager as well as my business task manager. I'm a work-from-home mom with a growing business and I like that I can seamlessly use this for ANY task I need to complete. I am able to put household chores, personal projects and work projects all in one. It allows me to organize and categorize all of my to-dos I add. I love that I can have this on my desktop, tablet and phone and they seamlessly update constantly. It helps me know what needs to be done wherever I am. The other thing that I absolutely LOVE and saves me tons of time is that I can make some tasks recurring. I am able to add weekly, daily or monthly tasks to my to-do list. This has helped me so I never forget a task or skip doing things that come up just once in a while. When life gets really busy, and unexpected things come up I can easily change my tasks to a different due date. This makes a world of difference in actually getting my tasks done. Instead of having a to-do list a mile long, I can re-prioritize what I have left and add it to different days as needed.

Cons: My only complaint is that I'm not able to see what I've checked off in the free version. Sometimes a task will get accidentally bumped and marked as done on my phone, and I have no way of going back to retrieve what it was without paying. The other thing I wish there was in this software was a way to add these items to my calendar. I use Google Calendars, and it would be really nice to be able to take a task and place it on my calendar schedule as well to keep my life super organized.

• Reviewed on 19/04/2019
Angela V.
Campus Lead and Data Specialist
Primary/Secondary Education, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/12/2019

"Good Tool for List Makers"

Comments: When our school switched from Outlook to Gmail I was extremely frustrated with the options available for tracking my to-do list and projects. I researched and tried several different options but did not find anything that met my needs as well as Todoist. My position requires I wear a number of different hats and have a number of diverse, unrelated projects in progress at the same time. I needed something to help me track the associated tasks and was looking for an electronic solution rather than going back to a paper day planner.

Pros: I can create projects for each of the different roles I play at work and at home. Each individual task can be assigned to the appropriate project. Tasks can be assigned due dates and I can view my tasks for the day or get a broader view of the next seven days. By moving up to the Premium version I also gained the ability to add comments, subgroups, and activities. Each task can be assigned a priority to help identify the tasks that are most critical. Todoist was easy to learn. I also liked being able to have a list of tasks for the day sent to my email each morning.

Cons: Comments were not available in the free version. The subgroups option was not available when I first started using it.

• Reviewed on 07/12/2019
Michelle A.
Seamstress
Arts & Crafts, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/03/2021

"Simplify your life!"

Comments: My overall experience has been so positive! I love the Projects Feature because it allows me to work on my school assignments that I have to complete with between 4 or 5 students so easily. The collaboration tools allow me and my fellow students to share notes and to-do lists on joint assignments with a breeze and it makes it clear who is assigned what portion and when it needs to be completed by.

Pros: I use Todoist for everything in my life that I need to keep track of. On a daily or weekly basis I track my school assignments, workout schedule, bills that are due as well as my son's online school assignments. If there is an important day coming up on that Calendar I make sure to jot it down in Todoist so when that day arrives I do not forget! Another positive feature of Todoist is it allows you to neatly have one location where you can keep all of your bookmarks from browsing the internet. I like this a lot better than overloading my Bookmarks bar. It has increased my productivity immensely and without it I know I would not get nearly half as much done. I begin each day creating my daily list of tasks and then check to see if I need to add anything for the upcoming week and then month. I order them by importance and that allows me to get done what needs to get done first.

Cons: I wish we could color code things better but that is such a minor complaint in an otherwise great software.

• Reviewed on 22/03/2021
Paul B.
OHN
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/02/2020

"Organise your day with ease"

Comments: I have generally loved todoist, especially for being smart and easy to use. Give it a try and am sure you will love it

Pros: I like the app mostly for its easiness.
You type a task and the enter button is just on your right, ready for entry.
When you enter your task, the text field doesn't close, allowing you to enter multiple tasks until you finish, then enter again to exit. You'll then see your list of tasks well arranged in your widget.
I like the widget in that your tasks can be marked done right from the widget, one task at a time.
Time and dates are automatically detected as you type. For example, you may just type "new visitor coming at 5pm tomorrow" and todoist will pick the time and tomorrow's date and keep a reminder at that specific time, so convenient.
You can create multiple widgets, each with its own category of tasks or reminders, for example, inbox, within 7 days, personal, office or any other category as you may wish to personalize.
It gives you the freedom to apply color themes of your choice.
You can also customize the way you want to be reminded by the app.
Snoozing can also be customized.
Your activities can be synced and be managed on different devices.

Cons: A space between tasks in the widget is unnecessarily wide.
The widgets cannot be made transparent. It occludes my beloved wallpaper.

• Reviewed on 05/02/2020
Kay R.
Education Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/10/2019

"Incredibly solid product. All the features you'd expect."

Comments: Really great. Still use it every day many years later.

Pros: Fast! It's super simple and reliable. That's clearly the main focus of Todoist. It works every time. It's on all platforms expected. If you're looking for speed, reliability, and scalability, this is the task manager.

Cons: It lacks advanced features such as timers and advanced auto-schedulers. Skedpal has some great auto-scheduling features I'd like to see Todoist adopt. And I'd love countdown timers for knocking out to-dos. Lets say I have 30 minutes, tell me what tasks in what order to do with a countdown timer for each task.

• Reviewed on 04/10/2019
Steve B.
Team Member
Hospitality, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/04/2020

"The Go To Productivity Tool For Mobile and Desktop"

Comments: I'm the type of person who's focused when I want to be, however, distractions easily occur which is why I needed a tool to assit with my tasks and goals. Todoist has signigicantly improved that for me and I am forever grateful for having this tool via my laptop, desktop and mobile device with their mobile APP. Overall I'm very satisfied with Todist and there is a free option for people who are just starting out. I'd highly recommend it.

Pros: What I particularly like about Todoist is the overall layout. Whether using a mobile device, the APP or desktop, it's layout is comparable to your typical email provider, which makes it easy to navigate as well as to get the tasks done at hand.

Cons: The premium upgrade caters to a large majority for those that are in need of assistance to their productivity, however the downside is that the current pricing $3 per month (as of 28/04/2020) appears to be somewhat of incredible value, however, it's commitment to pay only annually, may question a lot of first time users as to whether the $36 up front cost is worth paying for the upgrade. The upside to this is that their current "business" plan does have a monthly option of only just $6 a month, enabling a lot of short time task users to commit morever their premium plan. Happy days!

• Reviewed on 28/04/2020
Mitch G.
Partner
  • Reviewed on 27/11/2018

"Todoist Keeps EVERYTHING Organized"

Comments: Todoist has given us a central place to keep track of everything we have to do. I use it as a quick daily planner, a place to store a few pieces of data that are needed often, and a way to keep up with home tasks, work projects and family responsibilities. The software is very well thought out!

Pros: Having tried a number of different list software apps ...this one had all the features I was looking for and a few that I hadn't even considered. Todoist works everywhere--there is a windows 10 app, a phone app, a panel for Outlook and a web version--very convenient. It does what most list apps do, but has some important features that really help: 1) You can make a series of individual named lists and items within can be hierarchical. 2) items on lists can be scheduled, tagged, labeled and highlighted. 3) Lists can be shared with other users and in that case items can be assigned. 4) List items can have notes and items attached. 5)Shared items can be set to notify list users when something changes.

Cons: Occasionally it is difficult to move an item to a specific depth in a hierarchy by dragging. However there are right click menu items that help solve that.

• Reviewed on 27/11/2018
Kyle P.
Sr. Digital Marketing Manager
  • Reviewed on 27/09/2019

"Best To Do List App"

Comments: I haven't used an app that is able to more easily capture action items. The smart labeling/scheduling when using the "quick add" functionality is magical.

Pros: Todoist's best strength is that it is up to the user how deep you want to get with its features. On its face, Todoist is exceedingly simple to use. However, if you dig and research a little, you'll find virtually any feature you want related to a to-do list is there.

Cons: Currently, I don't love the integration with Google Assistant or Siri Shortcuts, but I do need to spend more time setting it up. Would also love the iOS app to sync with the system dark mode settings.

• Reviewed on 27/09/2019
Alfredo S.
Co-Founder & Managing Partner
Investment Management Software, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/08/2018

"Todoist for Business and as a Project Management tool"

Comments: I've first used Todoist as a personal task tracker, and seen it evolve into a more powerful platform. I gave it a test with my company (marketing agency and also an investment fund) and use it with my team. I am very pleased about all its easy integrations, very straightforward UX and a big complete help center with a lot of information to help you right configuration.

Pros: One of the things that me and my team enjoyed the most was the ease of use, that starts as a task tracker but evolves into more complex settings. Also, there is a lot of information on how to set it up according to your personal or professional needs. Only the paid versions let you modify some setups, but for its cost it's worth the investment.
Another interesting thing is that it lets you live with two profiles on the same platform, your personal one and your business one which helps ease switching accounts or apps between your personal "shopping list" and your projects

Cons: There are few things me and my team didn't like, and it's mostly a lack of things that some other PM tools have, such as a timeline view for project completion and advancements.

• Reviewed on 15/08/2018
Keenan C.
Accountant
Real Estate, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/11/2018

"Why Wouldn't You Use This?"

Comments: I have used Todoist for over three years and I have zero complaints about functionality. I cannot think of a bug I have encountered within the app. I have it on every device I own. And the blog is great, too!

Pros: In the paid version, the reminders are a life saver. The notes feature for different tasks lets you give greater context to your task if needed, which is a great feature. You can add links, or other files to the notes section, as well. Those are the two biggest improvements, in my experience, over the free version. The user interface is the definition of simple, and the scheduling features can read your mind! It's like a personal assistant telling you when things need to be done. And the ability to use it across devices is second to none. For business, the Outlook and Gmail add-ons are a must. The ability to assign tasks directly from email is a beautiful thing.

Cons: This is nitpicky, but I am not really a fan of the optional color schemes. First world problems, am I right? (This shouldn't be a deal breaker for anyone thinking of using Todoist.)

• Reviewed on 01/11/2018
Freelance Developer
Design, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 10/12/2019

"Minimal but highly functional"

Comments: I love this for shopping lists, day to day tasks and reminders, recurring tasks (times for social media posts, etc), appointments and all the small individual elements around projects. I use it as an addendum to my physical planner for a digital solution on the run. I

Pros: Being frank I love Todoist for daily time management solutions, though more in the personal realm. It helps a great deal professionally to stay on task, is simple and straight forward to use, and lacks most of the clutter of all of the other apps I've tried to this end. With projects it's great for a simple alternative to a kanban system, especially for people who want a text task list vs. a visual system, and is easy to organize/categorize tasks and share between users. Karma is a fantastic feature to kind of gamify a to-do list, being able to see how on task you've stayed and how you're faring in follow-through is great. I enjoy reviewing the charts and chasing streaks.

Cons: For team or project management I prefer a visual node based system, I'm generally on the creative side of productivity and I've seen a bit of a disparity in preferences between different factions (engineers vs artists), and while this is probably a great minimal alternative for management for the engineers I've worked with, I think the more creative-intuitive side of teams might feel uninspired or motivated to get the most out of this.

• Reviewed on 10/12/2019
Hardian N.
Digital Marketing & Media Officer
Food Production, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/09/2019

"a simple yet awesome to do list"

Comments: I've been using it like 3-4 years ago, and i always comes back to this app, it is dead easy, the only problem is when you have a very long term plan, sometimes its a bit hard to lay down the activity and drown on your own task setting. but in the end i always end up using this app again and again.

Pros: - held the principle of KISS (keep it simple stupid) very well but it can go complex as needed (attachment, comment on task, label, filtering, color tag)
- has multiple app (windows & android for me)
- very easy to use (could use sentence in setting the task date, like "buy milk tomorrow at 9am")
- can drag and drop task, so you can design a very detailed task
- quick sync, sometimes when i use google keep to take note it doesnt sync as fast as todoist
- has dark mode
- the founder has commitment not to sell out, no vc, so we dont have to worry expecting any sudden change in the flow of the apps.
- cheap

Cons: - karma system... meh
- not very good for long term plan, like if you go very very detailed, you could drown on your own tasks

• Reviewed on 30/09/2019
Jason S.
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/12/2019

"Never forget a task again"

Comments: Overall, I love Todoist. Best of the best for task management.

Pros: I use Todoist for all my notes. It's awesome. I used to use Wunderlist, but since that's being killed off by Microsoft (well, rebranded to "ToDo's"), I switched to Todoist. It's great software and I never miss a task.

Cons: Wish it had more integrations with project management software like Trello and Atlassian Jira; this would make my organization even easier.

• Reviewed on 12/12/2019
Adarsh R.
E-Learning, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/02/2018

"The one list app to rule them all"

Comments: This software really helps me keep my life organized on a day-to-day, hour-to-hour basis. In conjunction with a good calendar and top-level management platform (like Trello) it can really improve your workflow.

Pros: Amazingly easy to set up and get started
Integrates well with your existing software
Has a great feature set that actually makes managing your to-do list a lot easier
The task creation flow is very streamlined and easy to use
Labels + filters + priorities help you quickly organize and sort through your tasks
It's on literally every single platform you can imagine
The Karma point system is strangely motivating, and also provides good metrics to give you insights into how your working

Cons: There are some weird errors on Android that sometimes crash the app
On Android, I can't simply click a link I have stored as a to-do -- I have to edit that item and copy/paste the link into my browser manually which is a pain
The Windows 10 app needs some serious work

• Reviewed on 13/02/2018
Antonio M.
  • Reviewed on 11/01/2021

"An amazing solution for tracking simple tasks"

Comments: I used it for the last year (during the height of the pandemic) to track my tasks and to deal with everyday organizational issues. It helped me track what needs to be done in a time when every day feels the same.

Pros: It is plain and simple and does exactly what needs to be done. There is no overload of options, just exactly what is advertised - a to do list.

Cons: I loved it and there was nothing more that I would ask for!

• Reviewed on 11/01/2021
Nora T.
Arts Grant Writer
Performing Arts, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/10/2018

"Amazing task manager"

Comments: Todoist helps me every day decide what I am going to do and prioritize! I rely on it fully. I always try to get all my coworkers to use it too, as it can be a great collaborative project management tool as well as a task management app.

Pros: Todoist is the best task manager I have ever used, largely due to its amazing customization, beautiful color coding, and satisfying interface. In my job I often plan follow ups far in advance and act as project manager on complicated jobs--Todoist allows me to schedule things far into the future, put them off when needed, and assign tasks to different teams all in the same place. The comment feature is also key when delegating tasks because it can almost replace an email telling an employee the context of a task. Finally, the "karma" seem gimmicky but, as a goal-oriented person, it actually increased my productivity.

Cons: I only wish Todoist could have a more seamless integration with GCal or have it's own calendar view. If you are trying to plan out a project and working backward from a due date, this kind of view would be really helpful.

• Reviewed on 15/10/2018
Steven Y.
Operating Partner
Restaurants, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/11/2019

"Everyone Should Use This"

Comments: Extremely satisfied, require all my management to use it as well.

Pros: The ease of use for Todoist allows you to completely control the way you attack your day, week, month and year. An excellent and simply tool with as many add-ons as you could need.

Cons: The Project Build is sometimes hard to navigate for larger products (100+ Tasks), but there are ways to get around that.

• Reviewed on 29/11/2019
Henro V.
Student
Computer Software, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/05/2021

"Your own personal planner"

Comments: I plan everything that I have to do on Todoist. This app can be a life-changer to people who are forgetful and who struggle to prioritize. This app ensures that you are always on track with your work.

Pros: Todoist is extremely easy to use regularly. It has an interactive interface and helps the user in every way that they might struggle with. Planning your week has never been this easy; with literally a few clicks to set up an event or a test that you should be reminded of, you never have to worry about if everything is done or not, because you can see everything you have to do right in front of you.
Todoist also has a feature that allows you to give an activity a due date by simply typing the time and date in text format, and the app interprets it for you.
Todoist shows you how productive you are on a daily basis, to keep you motivated on doing something fruitful.
You can set recurring tasks as well to prevent you from having to type them in repeatedly.

Cons: There are a few features that can be used, but they may be a bit unclear to understand. A clear tutorial can definitely be added for people who want to have a tour through the interface and the functions of the app.

• Reviewed on 31/05/2021
Retail, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/08/2018

"I can't imagine my life without Todoist"

Pros: Todoist is a must have app. I've tried a few others but none that is as simple and easy to use as Todoist. I started to first use this app to help me keep track of my personal life. But shortly I found that it could help organize my business routines too. The recurring tasks feature is a tremendous benefit for me. Set it and forget it until you're reminded of the task again. I love the 'karma' feature as well. It helps me keep track of my performance over time. Easily syncs across all my devices and has a robust offline capabilities.

Cons: There is one minor inconvenience when using the software. When you add a new task to a project, you cannot create a sub-category from the get go. So, the new task goes to the bottom of the list. Then you have to scroll to the bottom and drag and drop the task under the sub-category you want to put it in.

• Reviewed on 20/08/2018