15 years helping Israeli businesses

About Todoist

Todoist is the world’s #1 task manager and to-do list app, simplifying life for both you and your team.

Learn more about Todoist

Pros:

It’s integration into email, browser, and other tools is a wonderful feature. Nothing else has helped me get things done like todoist.

Cons:

There are some features that are lacking such as inability to add details to your tasks, limited entries and even some basic features such as reminders are not available in the free version.

Todoist ratings

4.6
4.4
4.4
4.5

8.6/10

Todoist has an overall rating of 4.6 out 5 stars based on 2,413 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Todoist before?

Filter reviews (2,413)

Ziva
Ziva
Sales Services Manager in Portugal
Retail, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Todoist is very reliable for planning and organizing tasks.

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Todoist has given me an incredible platform for managing my tasks. It allows me to effectively plan for my day to day duties by arranging my tasks in accordance to their priorities. It has helped me achieve a good work-life balance that has allowed me to have more productive days.

Pros:

Todoist simple user interface makes it an easy to use product. It allows me to neatly arrange my daily tasks based on their priorities. Has reminders that always keep me updated on the tasks am supposed to attend to. Adding tasks is very easy and takes little of my time. It helps me break down my tasks into smaller tasks that are easy to monitor and manage.

Cons:

My experience with Todoist has had no blemishes. I love everything about it so no dislikes.

Adam
Founder in US
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Fluid way to manage the company's workflow.

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: Todoist took the complexity out of the communication aspect of the business. My experience so far has been positive. It saves us countless hours in coordination between team members as well as between different departments.

Pros:

This software provides an efficient way to manage the workflow and keep track of the progress of different aspects and departments inside the business simultaneously. I like the integrations it provides with other platforms as well as the ease of use and simplicity aspects.

Cons:

Besides the late customer service replies and the occasional bugs in the app, I don't think there is much they got wrong.

Education Management, Self Employed

A Mixed Bag

3.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

One thing I enjoyed thoroughly was the interface and the choice of colors, both for the overall theme and individual customisation.

Cons:

There is a lack of seamlessness. Things feel labored and clunky, especially given the labored way in which to-do aspects and productivity and calendar aspects do not blend in a user friendly manner.

Matías Sebastián
Matías Sebastián
CEO in Ecuador
Design, 2–10 Employees

Excelent App for Project and Task Management

Comments: The overall experience is good and I love it. I always recommend it to anyone.

Pros:

I'm thoroughly impressed by Todoist's simplicity and versatility. It allows me to create as many projects as I wish, offering endless personalization options to enhance my experience. I use it for everything from team management and personal projects to daily tasks, appreciating its straightforwardness. The integration with Google Calendar is a standout feature, automatically syncing tasks to my calendar, which is incredibly convenient. Todoist’s simplicity, coupled with its powerful features, makes it an essential tool for managing various aspects of life and work seamlessly.

Cons:

I believe Todoist could further enhance its utility by improving its reporting features. Having more detailed statistics for frequently used projects or insights into peak productivity periods, such as the most active weeks of the year, would be invaluable. This enhancement would provide a deeper understanding of work patterns and project progress.

Darius
Director in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, Self Employed

ToDoist Tips & Prime Features

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

What I like the most about ToDoist. The platform really enables users to build organized task list, even planning small or large scale projects, also assignments of any kind. ToDoist is a very good way to stay organized if busy each day. Business or even Personal task can be managed with ToDist.

Cons:

I don't have a least feature to share regarding the cons of ToDoist. Other than that the more favorable features are at an additional charge. If a user wants to utilize them within the applications platform.

Barbara
Barbara
Director of Claims in Mexico
Insurance Software, 11–50 Employees

I've loved Todoist for over 5 years

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: My overall experience using Todoist is a very positive one. It's easy to integrate other programs, calendar notifications are easy to schedule. Notifications are sent to whoever's been assigned the task. You can also hide the completed tasks to avoid visual clutter.

Pros:

I love how easy it is to create and edit tasks and projects. There's also the capability to give access to certain people, not everyone. The notifications pop up on my phone and calendar, it's great.

Cons:

Not much I don't like about it except the fun features are additional costs. But Tiago's gotta make money somehow!!

Mohammed
Mohammed
Engineer in Egypt
Construction Software, 51–200 Employees

To do list software review

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

It improves the motivation and improves the memory because your task will not be forgotten its very good feeling when you have one task done

Cons:

a lengthy running to-do list can be intimidating

Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

Todoist review

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Pros:

I like that this app is so so easy to use! I really like that I can easily add my tasks and easily work with them, edit them and so on. All of the tasks are easily managable.

Cons:

I think there maybe could be more functions, but maybe that would make the app less easy to use and more chaotic

Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

So far, so good. Has everything I need in a simple task manager

4.0 last week New

Pros:

Was quite simple to get started. Just downloaded it and started adding tasks right away. No complicated setup or anything. The design is clean, which I like. It's not cluttered, so I can see what I need to do without getting distracted. I can check my tasks on my phone and laptop, which is super handy.

Cons:

Wish I could change the look of it a bit more. More themes or color options would be nice. For now, it's fine, but I might need more features later, like integration with other project management tools Shared some feedback with the support team but didn't hear back. : 👎

Mohammed Abdul
Mohammed Abdul
Software Engineer in India
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

A Honest Review From A Todoist User

4.0 last week New

Pros:

The task and project management features I use more often, and I like them the most.

Cons:

Todoist should have more customizable widgets. Like putting everything—tasks, project management, and calendars—in one widget.

Financial Services Software, 51–200 Employees

A Fully Featured Task Management Solution for Individual and Organizations

Comments: My overall experience with Todoist is very satisfactory and will recommend Todoist to most of the people. The UI is fantastic, feature set is almost complete, integrations and API are nicely done and pricing is very effective. If they can add some additional features like custom day start and end time and also durations for tasks, it will be a 5 star rated task management solution.

Pros:

The things I liked the most about Todoist is its feature set. It has got nearly all the features you can ask from a task management service. Also, integrations is a strong point of Todoist. It has a two way Google Calendar sync, also integrates well with Zapier and IFTTT. The API provided by Todoist is very powerful and lets a user/developer automate stuff to a deeper extent.

Cons:

The thing I liked the least about Todoist is lack of duration of tasks. There is no way to set a start and end time to the task which can lead to various miscalculations. Also, there is no option to set custom day start and end time, which can be problematic for some people.

Financial Services Software, 51–200 Employees

How would I live without it?

Comments: Overall, I wouldn't change anything about the layout of Todoist. I could not stay organized or finish a good portion of my job without Todoist. It's relatively simplistic, but I love that about it, and I appreciate the intuitiveness of the tool in general.

Pros:

Todoist is very easy to use. I like that I can create a task and add as many notes to it as I need. When I don't have the time or brain power to finish a project at the end of the day, I create a task in Todoist so I can pick up where I left off the next day. It's easy to move the due date on any task if anything changes. The most significant way I use Todoist is to fill in the gaps on any work processes that are not fully automated. I set tasks out in the future all the time to make sure the final step is compete. Without Todoist I would be at a loss!

Cons:

The only thing I don't like about Todoist is it doesn't always log my completed tasks immediately. When I mark a task as completed, it should disappear from my list right away, but sometimes it doesn't update until I have refreshed the page. I'm guessing this is an issue that will be solved by the Todoist team soon.

Nigel
IT Manager in UK
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

Get things done in style!

Comments: I have become a ToDoist advocate and highly promote ToDoist to everyone I work with. My clients have now started to share projects with me and 1:1 collaboration is in place with as many team members that I need to work with.

Pros:

ToDoist has been amazing! It's so simple to create shared projects and collaborate in tasks. Start by getting your team together to offload all the clutter from their minds and organise this into manageable workflows. ToDoist has been great in reducing email, converse more in person and use the comment feature to communicate on each individual task.

Cons:

I can't find any faults with it in all the years I've been using it. It's amazing!

Darien
Darien
Associate Pastor in Canada
Religious Institutions, 11–50 Employees

Todoist is a powerful, intuitive to-do list application with many features & only a few flaws

Comments: Overall, Todoist has been a life-saver, allowing me to simplify my work life and organize the numerous projects & tasks I have to juggle. While it can be complicated at times and lacks certain features I would love to see, it is the best project management app I've ever used, and I would sorely miss it if Todoist were to be shut down.

Pros:

Todoist has simplified my work life - helping to organize all my tasks, projects, and meetings in a simple way that ensures no project is missed. While there is a bit of a learning curve to figure out how to best utilize & organize the platform, the simplicity of it's core features makes it easy for anyone to pick up and use. You are able to hop on their website or app and add a task in an instant; with the ability to schedule the due date, priority, and set it up in a specific project very quickly using their shortcuts. With their team collaboration features, you are also able to assign specific tasks to specific people, allowing for quick and ease collaboration and project management. Plus, Todoist offers numerous templates that help facilitate setup, and a very simple "Karma" rewards system that helps encourage use (and helps make you feel accomplished).

Cons:

Todoist offers numerous systems, but unfortunately it can be a bit of a learning curve to learn all the shortcuts (especially when they change periodically) and an effective way to organize the projects & tags. As well, while they offer simple ways to import their templates and allow you to export templates of your own, they don't offer a simple cloud storage solution for those templates - so to load an exported template, you need to download it, keep it, and reupload it when needed. Lastly, they lack the ability to setup certain types of tasks; such as a task with subtasks that all repeat weekly - currently you can schedule them all to happen each week, but the subtasks end up getting listed as full tasks on the due date.

Management Consulting, Self Employed

Trailblazer

Comments: I really liked it. Todoist works exceptionally well, smooth like butter and does not get in the way of organizing your life. The minimalist design language was one of the first of its kind back when they first started out as an online-only service. In the meantime they have introduced native apps for all major platforms. Expect this to just work, and work well. Tags are an especially useful future as are priorities. This helps you see with a glance (or using a filtering function) what is relevant or important. Todoist is great if you want to adhere to the GTD philosophy or if you want to create your own customized system to manage your tasks. I have not used the collaborative function but would expect it to work well too.

Pros:

Todoist has keyboard shortcuts down. That makes it easy and fast to navigate once you are familiar with it. Quick entry is easy and fast. The app gives you lots of ways to slice and dice your todo list, such as favorites, different priority levels and lables. Different views, such as a Kanban type of board can help organize and manage your task list. One thing that makes Todoist especially easy to use is that you can add tasks by email, you can add attachements (the word doc you need to read is right there).

Cons:

I am not a fan of subscription services. The free version is great to test the service but too limited to use as daily driver. If you are ok with paying a monthly fee, then the 4$/month (3$ if you pay for the whole year upfront) is a reasonable ask. This and the sheer number of functions steered me towards an alternative as I was looking for something simpler. In my experience, more features just meant more distractions from actually checking off items on my task list.

Sarah
Sarah
System Administrator in US
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

A Great Way to Keep Yourself Organized and Productive

Comments: It has a lot of wiggle room. Jobs may be broken down into smaller tasks, and each task can be scheduled. Custom categories can be created by you. On the go, there's an app to keep track of things. Has access to a wide range of equipment. And you'll get daily email reminders, with a lot of encouragement, as well.

Pros:

Todoist is a simple task management tool. Todoist may be accessed from a variety of devices. There are two ways to access it: online and on the go. User satisfaction will be enhanced by the fact that data is synchronized and may be modified simply. Managing task lists is a breeze because to the user-friendly layout, which makes it easy to find the most important features. It is possible to prioritize activities in Todoist, as well as add comments to each job and estimate the amount of time it will take to finish it.

Cons:

You have to keep going and be aggressive in order to succeed. A to-do list might start to feel like simply another thing to check off your list if you aren't actively interested in it. That's not Todoist's fault, though. But if you're serious about utilizing it, you'll need to put in the time and effort.

Tim
Sr. Consultant in US
E-Learning, 2–10 Employees

The best task manager I've used; and it keeps getting better

Comments: Really good. I liked it at the start. And they continue to add more features.I can email tasks to my app. I can share sections of the app with others.

Pros:

It is that rare combination of full-featured and SO easy to use.If you want to add a project, you go to the project list, right click, and choose "Add a Project."A dialogue shows up to let you add a task. You can type in "Turn in report Tues at 3 p.m." and you'll get task added that has a deadline right when you wanted. Or set up a board and track projects through stages. You can also set up sub projects and sub tasks for each task.It will tell you all the tasks due today, tomorrow, overdue, whatever timing you indicate.

Cons:

You can't do dependencies. It's not great at telling you how long your project will take.You can schedule tasks way out in the future. But you can't rely on Todoist to add up the time of subtasks to tell you how long the entire task will take.

Shanna
Social Media Specialist in US
Marketing & Advertising, 501–1,000 Employees

Todoist: Where My Professional and Personal Lives Meet

Comments: Todoist is reliable, simple and collaborative. It's less glitchy than other options, and has streamlined my life so now I can spend more time knocking out my tasks and less time prioritizing work and personal tasks through multiple different systems.

Pros:

The Projects Feature is the absolute best part of Todoist! I was working between a few different programs (Outlook, Google Tasks, Google Notes, Smartsheet and Evernote), and needed one central place to keep notes and to-do lists for my personal and professional life. The collaboration tools allow me and my coworkers to share notes and to-do lists on joint projects, and me and and my husband to share home renovation punch lists and store to-buy lists, all in one central place. My life feels so much more streamlined since making the switch!

Cons:

Since I've worked with so many different programs, I do miss certain functionalities of other programs: the Gantt-style like Smartsheet offers, the ability to sync with my email as seamlessly as Google and Outlook, and task contingency so that not all "to-dos" are shown at once, but overall I landed on Todoist due to it's simple interface and introducing any of the those features would take away from that. The one thing I would change for new users is that it's simple, but not intuitive to schedule recurring tasks. I had to Google the answer, and while it's easy (simple typing "every Monday" after the task does the trick) it seems like putting an icon would have been a no-brainer.

Norzihan
Norzihan
Recruiter in Malaysia
Telecommunications, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Simple tools, but effective

Comments: Staying focus on task in hand and know which task needed to be complete first help me to expedite my work load and keep everything is in order within the time frame. It has help with my time managing and i would love to recommend Todoist to every team to try it.

Pros:

Using Todoist to managing daily task and to-do list and to automatically notify me of my pending task is very easy to do with this software. Todoist really simplifying my work process and letting me to planning my work and task for the next 7 days. Delegating task in project to my team members can be done simply by giving them access to the project.

Cons:

I will be ineffective to execute a complex project with Todoist, as they are missing some critical project management feature like agile kanban board that i need for collaborating project cross department. The emojis in the chat is not necessarily useful and should be replace with other useful feature.

Alexi
Owner in Canada
E-Learning, 2–10 Employees

Never Forget a Thing and Get it Done

Pros:

I love how intuitive and pretty the interface is, meaning, that I am not discouraged or afraid to open the software. The most important feature is definitely the natural language processing that is extremely intuitive and understand what I try to do.

Cons:

If you are bilingual or write tasks in multiple languages, the software may become confused.

Recreational Facilities & Services, 1,001–5,000 Employees

A Highly Capable Task Management System

Comments: This software has been highly effective at helping me track not only personal tasks but organize business projects amongst a team that operates in a non-traditional office environment. By utilizing Todoist, we have ensured more effective tracking and increased our completion rate of tasks. It also allows for an easier sharing of information, allowing everyone to be informed.

Pros:

Todoist is an excellent task management system that works well for both personal and business use. It offers the ability to easily organize projects and sub-projects as well as breaking tasks into smaller steps under one heading. It does take a traditional list format, as opposed to the visual card layout of Trello, but many people may find that they prefer this style. The following features are ones that I have found to be extremely valuable in my roughly two years of using this software: --Comments - the ability to make multiple comments on a task and even attach files has been great for both my personal and professional project management workflow. --Assigning tasks - being able to assign tasks to specific team members is great for managing complex projects and tracking accountability. --Integrations - integrations with popular services such as Outlook, Spark, Slack, Siri, Alexa, etc. make it easy and convenient to add tasks from anywhere. The ability to easily add an email is especially helpful. --Labels - the ability to label tasks and projects and then filter based on those labels is extremely helpful. --Natural language input - the ability to quickly and easily add a date, reminder, file in a project, or assign a person during the initial creation step makes it much easier to create detailed tasks. Overall, I've found this software to be useful and would highly recommend both the free and premium versions.

Cons:

Sometimes, depending on the OS, the interface can be funky. For example, I find the interface for iOS/mobile to be slightly harder to use when it comes to easily rearranging projects/tasks or making comments quickly. I'd also like to see better visual organization in the form of custom icons for tasks. Though the ability to change colors exists, this often isn't enough during complex use. It would also be highly useful to assign tasks to multiple people or groups, instead of one particular person.

Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

The Task Manager you'll actually want to use

Comments: My overall experience with Todoist is great. In search of more complex features, I tried many other alternatives, but in the end I found myself always coming back here. Its ease and pleasantness of use are something I cannot do without.

Pros:

I have tried tons of project management and task management solutions but this is by far my favorite. The interface is clear and simple to use, always responsive and reliable. My favorite feature? The automatic recognition of the task information from the entered text. This is literally the feature I want in every other project management platform and the one that always keeps me coming back to Todoist. The simplicity with which I can write "Do this tomorrow at 12:00 #projectname @label" and the system automatically puts everything in its place ... I can't help it.

Cons:

Although Todoist's greatest strength is its ease of use, in the professional world sometimes you feel the need for a few more features. A more granural sharing system, multi-step activity status management, different views for the activity list, gantt charts, etc.). There are many things that could be added and that many other more complete project management platforms offer.

Joshua
Owner in US
Consumer Services, 2–10 Employees

As both a business owner + someone with a busy personal life, Todoist helps keep me on track!

Comments: ToDoist has allowed me to keep track of my endless list of to-dos across both my business and personal life.

Pros:

I've used several "To-Do" list apps in the past, but none of them have ever stuck, until ToDoist. What started as a way for me to keep track of work tasks quickly became my go-to app for keeping me honest with my never-ending list of to-dos both in business and personal life. The ability to create multiple to-do lists and share them with multiple (and unique) people sets us up for success and accountability. I also love being able to assign a task to somebody on the shared list and provide a due date for each individual task. I've also connected ToDoist to my Amazon Echo Dot, so I can ask support team to add items to my shopping list or tasks to my to-do list. When a task is completed and checked off by someone other than me, I love that I get a mobile push notification confirming that fact, in real time. Finally, having the app on my phone along with on my iMac makes for seamless use regardless of where I'm currently working. Overall, I've been very satisfied with ToDoist!

Cons:

There are some quirks to the program, but nothing that turns me off from using it. For example, each list is considered a "Project" and each project can have sub-categories. When adding a new task to a project, you are not given the option of a sub-category. Therefore, the task defaults to the bottom of the list. You then have to scroll to the bottom and drag/drop the task under the sub-category you want it to be in. I sometimes accidentally drop it in a fashion that it creates a sub-sub-category and then I have to manually change everything in that sub-category back over. I also have not found value to the Productivity Score I am given on a daily basis, along with a lifetime score. I appreciate the psychological benefit of game-ifying your to-do list, but it's just not something I find necessary.

Martha
Occupational Health and Safety Manager in Malawi
Food & Beverages, 1,001–5,000 Employees

You can do it with Todoist

Comments: I have been managing my daily tasks at personal and home level. My general testimony is that for every task I have for that day, if I have it on todoist, I know I'll do it.

Pros:

The first thing that will capture your attention is the logo itself. The symbol of three white ticks in a red background gives an inner feeling of success amidst a dangerously busy day. The app has both a free version and a paid version. The paid version is priced from $4 to $5 per person per month, which is reasonable. When you open the app, you are welcome with the Bird's eye view of your week. You plan your tasks and fill them into the timeslots of your choice, so you can see how your week appears on the dashboard. This helps you to readjust your plans sensibly. Todoist works perfectly well on almost all well-known platforms. You have all the assurance to find your data on every gadget you use, because everything is synched, making you less likely to forget a thing. Todoist can also work flawlessly on your device without a data connection and still sync everything when you are back online. You'll find Todoist most suitable for personal routine or daily quick plans and tasks. You can share tasks with family members and set reminders at intervals of your choice. The app can be integrated with various productivity applications like Google calendar, Jira, Slack, zendesk, Gmail, Outlook, Teams Zapier, etc. I also like the swiftness and the AI applied in Todoist. As you type your task in the text box, the app automatically detects time and date in your sentence and accurately sets a reminder at that specific date and time.

Cons:

I have not experienced any problem with the application so far. I would have said it here. If I am to compare with other apps under the same category, I am sure I was going to have complaints.

Angela
Angela
Campus Lead and Data Specialist in US
Primary/Secondary Education, 11–50 Employees

Good Tool for List Makers

Comments: When our school switched from Outlook to Gmail I was extremely frustrated with the options available for tracking my to-do list and projects. I researched and tried several different options but did not find anything that met my needs as well as Todoist. My position requires I wear a number of different hats and have a number of diverse, unrelated projects in progress at the same time. I needed something to help me track the associated tasks and was looking for an electronic solution rather than going back to a paper day planner.

Pros:

I can create projects for each of the different roles I play at work and at home. Each individual task can be assigned to the appropriate project. Tasks can be assigned due dates and I can view my tasks for the day or get a broader view of the next seven days. By moving up to the Premium version I also gained the ability to add comments, subgroups, and activities. Each task can be assigned a priority to help identify the tasks that are most critical. Todoist was easy to learn. I also liked being able to have a list of tasks for the day sent to my email each morning.

Cons:

Comments were not available in the free version. The subgroups option was not available when I first started using it.