• Overall
    4.7 /5
    4.6 /5
  • Customer Service Software
    4.9 /5

About QuickBooks Time

Employee time tracking with mobile app and GPS. See who's working, where, on what projects - all in real time. Easy payroll integration

Learn more about QuickBooks Time

Showing 5,479 reviews

Travis w.c. M.
Environmental Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/02/2020

"Simple Timesheet Solutions"

Comments: Tsheets makes it simple for the employee, project manager and accounting team to record hours, gather information and track projects. Glitches eventually work themselves out but I've grown to expect some issues when enrolling new employees, even though they have the same setup. I appreciate that it integrates with Quickbooks as well.

Pros: Easy to run reports by custom date range, project, customer and employee. This is crucial for our accounting and project management.

Cons: The permissions can be confusing when setting up new employees, whereby the employee(s) were unable to access features by phone or computer even though their permissions were identical to another employee's. Of particular issue was entering hours manually rather than clocking in/out -- the option simply wouldn't show up on their end. It seemed to take making the same changes several times before the program "clicked". Perhaps there can be a copy/paste feature for new employee profiles.

• Reviewed on 25/02/2020
Diamond A.
Senior Accountant
  • Reviewed on 17/06/2020

"Easy to use"

Comments: I have had a pleasant experience overall. I would recommend for general time keeping.

Pros: Tsheets is super easy to learn and use. This software is basically self explanatory. Takes just a few seconds to set up a new user and get going.

Cons: Their customer service is lackluster. Not the easiest to contact and not very knowledgeable. Could use improvement in this area.

• Reviewed on 17/06/2020
Denise P.
Hospitality, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/05/2020

"Great Software"

Comments: I love it and the employees do too.

Pros: Its easy to keep up with employees time. Also the scheduling is awesome. The mobile app is great and easy to use.

Cons: I think there should be a little more examples on some of the areas to better understand what it offers. Also the ability to add employees to connect was a little difficult. The texting area on the link did not allow my employees to get on.

• Reviewed on 28/05/2020
Carolyn R.
Chief Move Maker
Individual & Family Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/10/2019

"Fantastic Customer Service"

Comments: Tsheets has helped me speed up my payroll process (down to about 5 minutes to double check and submit payroll). We use Tsheets project reports to track progress on each job, and invoicing is simple using either Quickbooks or the project reports. Adding Unpaid Time Off to the Scheduling feature has allowed us to retire our shared company google calendar, which we were outgrowing.

Pros: Besides the speedy and thorough customer service (thank you BD1 et al), I love the fact that Tsheets integrates with Quickbooks desktop. We use the data for both payroll and invoicing, which saves us hours each week. We also just started using Tsheets for scheduling, eliminating yet another piece of software needed.

Cons: The top item on my wish list is for Tsheets to sync with google calendar quickly. Other than that, there are a few minor features I'm hoping Tsheets will add, such as the ability for a manager to approve a single shift instead of an entire day, which will be great for companies with employees that work for multiple clients.

• Reviewed on 14/10/2019
Jessica Y.
  • Reviewed on 27/08/2019

"Ease of Use"

Comments: Awesome. Customer service has been always great and accessible. The follow-up and follow-through is amazing and makes me feel valued as a consumer.

Pros: Ease of Use is definitely on the top of my list. To be able to seamlessly transition between clients and projects without stopping my timer and opening up window upon window or tab upon tab makes life easier. Reporting is also easy and allows me to identify how much time I've spent on a client and/or project, what's billable, and how staff spent their time. It also allows my company to be in compliance with overtime based on company settings and breaks by just having a separate button for that. Love it.

Cons: I don't currently like that if a client has a subclient/project/job (whatever you call it), you have to track your time at the subclient level and are no longer able to track at the client level. Timekeeping should be flexible enough to allow for both.

• Reviewed on 27/08/2019
Michael S.
  • Reviewed on 04/05/2017

"Dominic was very prompt very polite very personable and very helpful!"

Comments: organization and time savings are the two biggest benefits

Pros: Overall ease of use is phenomenal! its extremely convenient, my employees love it. the cloud access is probably my favorite feature. being able to add and edit job codes from the mobile app is great! theres just so many things i love about the software that i cant begin with a review and keep it under 1500 words. in short i like the: compatibility with xero, square and others, i like the functions it can provide with scheduling, job reports etc. the pto is simple and easy to understand which is great. The customer service is absolutely out of this world. i think that might actually be my favorite part of the software. i cant thank you guys enough for putting such an emphasis on that end of things! in todays day and age its a lost service and dealing with tsheets support is always pleasant, easy and fast! very very refreshing!!

Cons: the cons i have are, certain functions are a little hard to get the hang of, for instance the overtime calculator and job costs function, i wish there was a way to add expenses to each employee such as insurance, social security, medicare etc so i could have an itemized list of what each job actually costs and what percentage of it is fixed costs and what can be trimmed or cut out. The complexity and highly indepth nature could be considered a con or a pro its a double edged sword really, i love all of the functions but i feel as though i need to take a class just to understand all of the functions and how to properly use them to make tsheets as effective as it can possibly be. so the in depth nature is fantastic if i were to take the time to train myself or pay to train an employee but a bit of a con when i dont exactly have a ton of spare time to train myself and budgets are tight due to re investing into the company tools and etc. i realize calling that a con is a bit of a stretch because it should be figured into company budget for training/reinvesting but a simplified version could be good or step by step tutorials for each individual function would help so i can train myself on what immedeately is important vs training on the entire software on some stuff i may never need/use. hope that helps! your software is amazing! keep up the fantastic work!!

• Reviewed on 04/05/2017
Hector P.
  • Reviewed on 25/04/2017

"Never ever have I experienced such consistently awesome customer service. Customer rep just made my day!"

Comments: Knowing what employee is where does a dream come true. GPS tracking is one of the most useful features. Also, being able to produce reports by date, customer, employee, and any combination of those makes me significantly more effective at performing my job well.
The system also makes runny payroll a piece of cake. Add to that the ability to create custom fields for tracking mileage on vehicles and/or expenses and/or anything else I could ever think of!

Pros: Everything. First and foremost is the customer service; Unparalleled. Ease-of-use and interface are so simple, even 'non-tech-savvy' people will have no problems understanding basic functions.
Just moments ago, Customer rep helped me out by showing me some 'special buttons' that let me make changes without having to constantly ask the TSheets team for help!
I have never had a negative customer service experience with TSheets; if anything, service gets better and better as time goes on!

Cons: There are bugs in the app software whenever it gets updated, but that is something their tech team is always working hard to fix and stay on top of, so it's typically not a problem for very long.
...and I wish that I could manage two companies that could upload to two separate Quickbooks companies from the same TSheets account (but I know that's a lot to ask for).
It would also be great if notifications could be sent via text message without having to pay extra.

• Reviewed on 25/04/2017
Alisa Q.
Principal
Architecture & Planning, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 07/09/2019

"TSheets Setup with CSR"

Comments: CSR was incredibly knowledgeable, patient, did not hesitate to help me on all issues that I brought up.
He is an asset to your T-Sheet in all ways for the new user, and I never felt unable to ask a question or bring up an improvement that would help me in my business.
Of all the support reps his voice was clear and intelligible, not always the case with Apple, but made learning T-Sheets a pleasure. I had never used T-Sheets before but paid for it for a year, and with CSR's help I look forward to changing my way of time tracking. I certainly would wait for his assistance again in the future!

Pros: The flexibility of being able to see how your time is spent and easily move between projects. it is great to be portable with the use of my iPhone and iMac.
I like the different ways you can report your time and activities.

Cons: The main website is too hokey with plants incorporated with a slick iMac.
The colors are not compatible with the efficiency of the product. See Apple website and products.
You need to redesign to attract more designers and architects to your product.

• Reviewed on 07/09/2019
Ruthie M.
Administrative Assistant
  • Reviewed on 08/01/2020

"Easily track time (in live time)"

Comments: We were having issues knowing where the guys in the field were when we needed to, now without making a phone call or sending an e-mail, we know right where they are. This has made the on the spot scheduling simpler as well as cut down on the overtime (needed or not).

Pros: That with just a couple of clicks by the techs in the field they let me know what job they are on and how long they have been there. I like that from the office when in the "Who's Working" tab, I see everyone that is on the clock, what job they are on and how long then have been on the clock. (Watching for overtime).

Cons: When the techs choose a customer from the list they have to select a location (and that is an extra click for them, and they are not always able to locate the location they want, so the time sheet does not exactly match up with billing. But, once approve time sheets are synced in QB it is a simple fix.

• Reviewed on 08/01/2020
Jason H.
Estimator
  • Reviewed on 26/11/2019

"Accurate timesheets increase productivity"

Comments: Accountability to my payroll pro and ultimately to myself is it's best advantage. Being able to generate reports with data that I can transfer into our accounting software saves us time which translates into dollars. Let's face it, labor is your number one cost. Tracking your employees without having to purchase expensive GPS equipment is the best you can get.

Pros: The GPS logging tells me when my crew shows up to the job. Each clock in and clock out has a GPS location associated with it so I know they aren't stuck in traffic trying to clock in. This has increased production because Im assured they are getting their 8 hours in. This is great when I cant physically be on the job site. With so many contractors available my margins are sometimes razor thin, I have to be able to account for every dollar. While this app doesn't magically make them work faster or better, it does ensure that I'm getting honest time from my subs and employees and I can show a marked increase in profits from it.

Cons: GPS is sometimes not so great. It's not the fault of the App which uses a phones location service. This is a combination of satellite and cell tower triangulation. Away from cities and urban areas, accuracy suffers. Still most of my work is around the 4th largest city in the U.S. so I'd rather use it then not have it.

• Reviewed on 26/11/2019
Linda G.
Retired
Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 03/03/2018

"TSheets is Finally Here and I Love It!"

Comments: QuickBooks, and the add-ins like TSheets, are FUN. If you are a geek like me, it's really fun. I am concerned about rising subscription prices. I only feel it's a good deal if it's less than I used to pay for periodic upgrades. So far, most do. Also, I like to have the works in my books whether I use it or not, but it's all extra per month right now. There are start up deals, which are good. I give Intuit FIVE STARS once again. No problems. Thank you.

Pros: My son, a techie, turned me on to HarvestApp and I loved it. It was simple, fast, inclusive and easy. However, it didn't integrate quite as nicely with QuickBooks as something built for QuickBooks. TSheets is as easy as HarvestApp and really does so much more.

Cons: As far as "Ease of Use" I would say nothing like this would be "easy" for anyone not acquainted with QuickBooks or utility software programs as not everyone needs it. However, for me, an accountant, property manager, broker and mortgage loan originator AND past caregiver, this software rocks and I find it very easy. It is intuitive and does everything I need. It's new, like QuickBooks Online, which has just in recent years become really mobile online. I love them both with a passion.

• Reviewed on 03/03/2018
Moataz R.
Account Manager
Security & Investigations, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/01/2020

"Resolving time stamp issues"

Comments: It's a great tool that helps capturing accurate time and location when we have employee on the road/ field.
By using t-sheets we were able to save thousand of dollars by saving on overtime, we saved time by linking and bridging the t-sheets hours with our quickbooks full service payroll, by utilizing this step running payroll was much smoother and faster

Pros: We were able to get a time stamp for every job and location proximity where our employees punched in.
this feature saved us money and the hassle of chasing staff to confirm there hours.

Cons: As per the employee , the app drains the battery because it always truing to get the location

Shaytoya S.
Business Operations
  • Reviewed on 21/04/2020

"Great for scheduling and employee clock in"

Comments: We have been pleased with TSheets, the product price is not bad for everything we get with it.

Pros: Easy to use and train our employees. We have been using it for about a year and have not had any issues with the employees being able to clock in. If an employee forgets to clock in, I can manually insert hours.

Cons: We had an issue with an employee clocking in when they were off, they couldn't really stop that from happening.

• Reviewed on 21/04/2020
Elissa S.
Automotive, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/01/2018

"Efficient, functional, & great customer service."

Comments: It's quick and easy to implement. It saves us time (and thus money) when tracking employee hours, and makes converting employee time to customer bills super fast.

Pros: TSheets has streamlined our time-tracking and made my job as Office Manager a breeze for the past year. The Kiosk app makes it easy for our employees to clock in/out, keep track of what project they're working on, and note EXACTLY what it was they did each day. This also makes billing our customers so much better, with accurate descriptions of each day's work. We previously relied on employees entering their times/descriptions at the end of each day, resulting in a hold-up when multiple people needed to use the single available computer (not to mention dozens of post-its scattered in the office for folks who hadn't had a chance to enter time and had to write it down for later). No longer a problem!

Cons: There are still a few features we wish would synchronize with QuickBooks. We know it's not a short-coming on TSheet's part, as QB would need some tweaks as well to make things compatible, but those little things would sure be a great asset to us. We had a few glitches with the Kiosk App, but TSheet's customer service is excellent and they sorted it out for us. Every now and then the issue pops up again, which is a mild inconvenience, but easily fixed.

• Reviewed on 10/01/2018
Jessica S.
Project Coordinator
  • Reviewed on 13/02/2020

"Labor cost, the variable that can tank your projects budget"

Comments: we are solving labor issues. it has been a budget buster for us because we were not capturing it in real time. T sheets has great reporting functions on cost for regular hours and OT hours. It has been eye opening and has improved how we schedule our team members time.

Pros: I can monitor cost on all my projects from my computer. the reporting function allows me to update the PM team on their labor cost to date. No guess work. When you have 18 projects and 45 employees spread out a metro area this tool is invaluable. Besides, it cost pennies compared to the time it saves me!

Cons: I wish they had more live training sessions. the opportunity to go to T Sheets U and earn a certificate type program. I have a new hire that I am going to task with T Sheets. The Learning curriculum is choppy and segmented.

• Reviewed on 13/02/2020
Cody D.
Secretary
Utilities, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/01/2018

"Pretty awesome service"

Comments: Thanks to customer rep. for being so awesome and helpful! Taking 45 minutes out of her day to help me and having to get others involved to resolve my problem was perfect.

Pros: This product is amazingly helpful for running any size of business. I started with just me and one employee and we are now up to ten. TSheets makes it extremely easy to keep track of your employees hours, and locations when on the clock. With my employees being out in the field if their hours don't aline with schedules I can easily see where they were when they were racking up hours. Another great feature is the fact that the services integrate right in with QuickBooks Online allowing me to approve the employees hours right into my payroll software. Finally, the customer service is absolutely amazing. Today I was helped by customer rep. and she was very helpful in taking her time to figure out what was wrong with my account through a whole step by step process.

Cons: I feel like this product could really use a lot of work for people who need to schedule just time slots without all of the required information. For me its more of a thing to let my workers know that they are working then all of the required information I have to put in.

• Reviewed on 24/01/2018
Stephanie R.
Ops Manager/Franchise partner
  • Reviewed on 31/05/2017

"Amazing customer support!"

Comments: I gave the app a 3 in the "value" section ONLY because we are a Canadian customer and the exchange rate is killing us at the moment.

Pros: Many pros. I find it incredibly easy to use; love that I can see the project reports in "decimal" hours as that is how we track our painters' time. Love that I can include links to our work-orders within the scheduled job. Also, love that we now have a live location field so our painters can simply click the address and it opens their map app for live directions. And finally, the customer service is simply outstanding. Every rep I have spoken with has been friendly, happy, willing to go above and beyond to assist. Special shout-out to one of the customer representative who was super helpful today, and quick to answer all my questions!

Cons: Turning off a mobile clocks user out. We have 20 painters so it is frustrating when several do this in a day and forget to adjust their clock-out times end of project. Would be great to always see the menu for "active" projects (jobs) when finding/plotting them on the schedule (default menu is "Assigned"). Perhaps this be a "setting" users can adjust in future? Would also be great to search time sheets by project instead of just employee.

• Reviewed on 31/05/2017
Shaun d S.
Business Owner
  • Reviewed on 25/04/2018

"Spend more time working instead of seeing if your employees are working"

Comments: Since I use Quick books it only made sense to use Tsheets since they are a division of Quick Books. And by using both it was easier to put a cost to an entire project so when I invoiced for time and materials there was hardly ever any raised eyebrows! Two thumbs up and if I had a third I'd raise that one as well!

Pros: Easy, Easy set-up between Gusto and Tsheets. Most of our freelancers are either remote or out of Country so it's hard to "check-in". As well as if they are onsite with a customer, you can use this on a tablet or phone so your time and work is notated. Go one step further and by using a shared work space not only can you see that they're online, but gone are the days of "I forgot to log my time etc.....because as an admin......Tsheets will not forget thus I can adjust what I need to before it goes to payroll.

Cons: I guess the only thing I can really find as being a negative.....if I set up X hours for employees, some may need only 10 hours a week and others may need 40 hours a week, so I say "no overtime" but since I do not see the reports, I cannot see exactly how that is brought to our attention because I have indeed paid overtime in a few instances and I do not recall ever having this confirmed as being ok or not?

• Reviewed on 25/04/2018
Jennifer C.
  • Reviewed on 23/10/2019

"Works great!"

Comments: This program has helped in time saving, on the accounting side, w/not having to enter timesheets. And the fact that they developed a Spanish version, after requesting it (numerous times but they did listen!), is unheard of in this industry.

Pros: The ease of use, as the last time tracking software we used was so wonky. The customer support is EXCELLENT.

Cons: Needs to allow more options per crew/employee defaults for time increments. A couple of other details but not too much.

• Reviewed on 23/10/2019
Tracy B.
Consumer Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/06/2017

"Best Customer Service EVER!!"

Comments: LOVE!

Pros: Every time I call in the people genuinely happy to help. They are so friendly and easy to connect with. During dead air times when I was waiting for things to load, the rep conversed with me about all sorts of great topics. She was funny and eager to explain without making me feel dumb. She helped me work through payroll reports and project reports as well as brainstormed "work arounds" for separating payroll and overtime in different territories. T-sheets always has an answer and if by chance they don't, you can request that they add or change things. Ive been with Tsheets for over 2 years and I can say they are always improving and responding to customer recommendations extremely fast.

Cons: Would love them to offer an entire dispatch system and customer data base. If they offered another program that did that, our company would be set!

• Reviewed on 15/06/2017
Mike K.

"Saves time and $$$"

Comments: We used to use paper timesheets for our employees hours. It wasn't accurate and we always had to ask for hours (often getting incomplete timesheets turned in). Today, with TSheets, we are able to do so much more than track hours worked. We can easily run payroll reports for payroll, sync to quickbooks if we need to, as well as track hours worked for a particular job (helping tremendously for job costing). We can also keep our employees honest by utilizing the GPS tracking.

Pros: We like Tsheets because it saves us time and allows us to accurately track our employees working hours.

Cons: Not a huge fan it is now an Intuit company. It is also not consistent with GPS tracking on some employees. Not sure if it their phones or if it is the software or our employees location from day to day effecting the proper tracking.

Karen A.
  • Reviewed on 13/03/2017

"Customer Experience Team is AWESOME"

Comments: Hey first let me say I love, love love me some T-Sheets. No matter who I call, I always get great customer service and the functionality of the program is FANTASTIC and makes my job as Office Manager for a painting company so much easier! Today I had a problem and called customer service and spoke to her who was SO FUN to talk to. So enthusiastic and positive and HELPFUL. Turned out it was entirely a user error (like - duh - I didn't know what day it was kind of thing) - and she didn't even make me feel stupid. hahahaha - no seriously - she was awesome. Please give her a pat on the back! thanks Karen Armstrong - Carlson & Strand Painting

Pros: Before - the guys filled out paperwork with their hours. Every single week it was a headache - they didn't turn it in at all, or they put the wrong codes or they messed up how many hours they worked - or what the project name was. It was a real NIGHTMARE! Now with T Sheets - it is so easy for them to enter it on their cell phones and I have very few problems. If they do get something wrong or forget something, it is so easy to fix!

Cons: I can't think of a thing I don't like about it!

• Reviewed on 13/03/2017
Samuel H.
Service Coordinator
  • Reviewed on 10/07/2018

"I use TSheets to track my time, and also use the schedule to for my team."

Comments: Part of the scheduling is really nice, I like that it will send shift reminders to the employees. Also our finance and departments heads can go back and use data for metrics from the schedule.

Pros: I like the ease of use and the ability to set up a field that will remain and I can clock in and out. I also like that the schedule will send a reminder to employees.

Cons: What I like least is that the schedule is not searchable like Google Calendar. Also I don;t like the sync it performs with Google Calendar. When I post something on the TSheets schedule it doesn't show up on the Google Calendar immediately. It usually shows up the next day which doesn't really help because my team needs to see it immediately. We still use the Google Calendar because there are more options like it is searchable and it can be used to for things like reserving a vehicle from our fleet, or booking a conference room.
It would also be nice if we could sync with Google Cal both ways, I'm sure that would be really difficult though. Did I mention you CANNOT search the schedule?

• Reviewed on 10/07/2018
Dan S.
Co-Owner
  • Reviewed on 08/04/2019

"It works! And it's a time Saver!"

Comments: We jumped to lightspeed with T-Sheets. Our previous system was paper timecards with employees guesstimating their own time spent on projects. With our growth spurt from 3 to 10 employees we needed a solution that was much more accurate and would save me from going insane while adding up paper timecards. T-Sheets did the trick!

Pros: Tracking time for employees is my personal nightmare. There are 10 of us and we're all working on up to 7 different projects at once. Tracking that sucks and T-Sheets makes it SO MUCH EASIER to track individual jobs and employees. The reports are fantastic for T & M jobs, and they also allow us to audit past jobs to see how we performed and how profitable (or not) the project was.

Cons: The PTO and Vacation settings have been a challenge for me. I'm a relatively smart person but reckon I haven't spent enough research time on it to truly make it successful. That said - the PTO submission form is a little clunky and could be easier to use. I'm still glad it exists though!

• Reviewed on 08/04/2019
Eric P.
IT Manager
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/12/2018

"Amazing and easy to use time sheet solution"

Comments: Tsheets make it easy for us to track employees and hours, and import into our payroll software to accurately calculate payroll.
With Tsheets, there's no longer a need for physical time cards since employees can clock in using the mobile apps on their phones. This has greatly streamlined procedure for our time sheets and has resulted in happier employees.

Pros: I like the integration with our payroll software as this ensures that employee data are correctly and easily tracked for payroll purposes.
Another thing I like is that the app is very easy to use and has a nice and user friendly UI.
Customer support is literally out of this world. The team is very quick to respond to any issues and are generally very knowledgeable and helpful.

Cons: Other than occasional glitches with the android app, I've got absolutely nothing to complain about. I hope that gets taken care of though.

• Reviewed on 20/12/2018