15 years helping Israeli businesses

About Similarweb

Similarweb is a software & data company specializing in web analytics, web traffic, competitive intelligence and performance.

Learn more about Similarweb

Pros:

The software is pretty easy to use. The learning curve isn't steep at all.

Cons:

This can then make forecasting for certain sites difficult.

Similarweb ratings

4.6
4.2
4.4
4.1

8.6/10

Similarweb has an overall rating of 4.5 out 5 stars based on 150 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Similarweb before?

Nikola
Nikola
Research and Analytics Specialist in Poland
Management Consulting, 201–500 Employees

Great tool for web analytics

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

It's a really well-rounded tool with lots of features, from basic website metrics and ranking to keyword analysis and cross-shopping. It's extremaly intuitive and easy to use and you can download all the results in PDF or Excel format or download ready-made visualizations as pictures. Results look great on presentations for clients and give lots of insights on how clients are using their websites compared to their competitors.

Cons:

Not all the features are available from the start and you need to buy additional "packages" of features, such as separate geographies etc., which can be very costly.

Rajsak
Transformation Director in Thailand
Accounting Software, 51–200 Employees

"Similarweb" Valuable tool for our Media agency to gain a digital competitive edge.

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: Similarweb Features such as website categorization, audience demographics, and engagement metrics are often praised us for it depth and usefulness.

Pros:

I like the Marketing Insights the most as Similarweb offers insights into digital marketing strategies, including referral traffic, search keywords, and social media effectiveness, enabling us to optimize our marketing efforts.

Cons:

Application Data Features: low features on app. such as app traffic and engagement metrics comparing to the website analytic.

Mateusz
Senior Research Analytics Specialist in Poland
Management Consulting, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Web traffic analysis

Pros:

Its very intuitive and easy to use. Compared to other products it provides good data, with a really good feature for quick exporting.

Cons:

The data we get needs to be crossed check with internal tools for accuracy.

Chrystian
Marketing Manager in US
Computer Hardware, 10,000+ Employees

SimilarWeb helps me make business decisions

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: I use SimilarWeb a few times a week to look at a variety of different things. Sometimes, just for the sake of curiosity, I will poke around and learn more about my industry or other things that interest me. Definitely a useful tool for someone who has a variety of outside partnerships.

Pros:

I love SimilarWeb. Helps me with my job in Marketing to evaluate keywords, partners, and competitors in the space. No other tool like it (that I know of). Happy that my company invested in SimilarWeb Pro accounts.

Cons:

Obviously, the information in a platform like SimilarWeb is not going to be flawless; you definitely see some things that make you wonder, but it is definitely the best source available currently.

Novri
Data Strategist Group Head in Indonesia
Marketing & Advertising, 51–200 Employees

Great tool for competitive analysis

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

Similarweb excels in providing comprehensive analytics data and competitive insights, making it a vital tool for businesses. Its detailed metrics on traffic sources and user engagement, combined with powerful competitive analysis capabilities, allow users to benchmark against competitors and identify industry trends. The user-friendly interface ensures that even complex data is easy to interpret, making Similarweb an indispensable resource for any business aiming to enhance its digital strategy.

Cons:

While Similarweb offers exceptional analytics data and competitive insights, one notable drawback is its limited data period. Users can only access data for up to one year, which can be restrictive for businesses needing to analyze longer-term trends and historical performance.

Stephen
Publisher Development Analyst in Netherlands
Marketing & Advertising, 501–1,000 Employees

My go to tool for market/keyword research

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

One stop solution for my market and keyword research.

Cons:

There's nothing I can think of as of now.

Elisa
Senior Digital Specialist in Hong Kong

Similarweb review

4.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

Similarweb excels in providing robust competitor analysis. I found it extremely beneficial to compare our website's performance against our competitors, uncovering valuable insights into their traffic sources, top-performing content, and audience behavior. This feature allowed us to better understand the competitive landscape and make informed strategic decisions.

Cons:

While Similarweb offers valuable features and insights, the UI can be somewhat challenging to understand, especially for new users. It would be beneficial for the platform to invest in improving the user experience and providing clearer guidance to ensure a smoother onboarding process and enhance usability.

SimilarWeb Review

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: It's been great. I will genuinely use it more to sort out companies.

Pros:

I think getting knowledge of a particular company is very easy through SimilarWeb. Helps me to gain knowledge to fetch details of the company.

Cons:

Contacts are very low in comparison to other Softwares like Zoominfo or Apollo.io

Jimmy
Business Development in US
Telecommunications, 201–500 Employees

It's a nice app with mediocre data quality.

Comments: It was helpful for assessing the size of different revenue opportunities.

Pros:

The UI and design is very clean and easy to use. Most of the things you'd want to use it for are immediately obvious.

Cons:

The data, particularly in terms of page view and session volume, is usually not even directionally accurate.

Marketing & Advertising, 1,001–5,000 Employees

An intelligent tool with lots of potential for Advertisers

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Pros:

- Competitive Intelligence: SW it's great for benchmarking our digital performance against competitors and industry leaders. - Extensive Datasets: High amount of datasets to study and identify potential leads and understanding market trends. - SEO Tools: Useful to optimize where our customers' attention should be.

Cons:

- Data presence on smaller websites can be less available or accurate

Anil
Marketing Executive in Türkiye
Marketing & Advertising, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Marketing Analysis with SimilarWeb

Comments: I am using Similarweb to understand market, our competitors and have analysis for our marketing perspective.

Pros:

You can understand each section of your website that you are targeting the market, get insightful data to understand.

Cons:

Similarweb is really expensive, there are lots of feature to use but the price is quite expensive.

Online Media, 2–10 Employees

A Must-Have Tool for Online Professionals

Pros:

I can name just a handful of online tools that I would undoubtedly recommend to any professional in the online media space - SimilarWeb Pro is one of them. With just a few button presses, we can gain access to what seems to be remarkably accurate data and insights from our competitors. All of this is easy to use and is presented very well. The tool has helped us with backlink building (by finding similar sites) as well as just tracking our general performance.

Cons:

One of the biggest talking points for our company in the lead-up to testing SimilarWeb was that they offered no free trial or way of actually testing the pro version of the software before purchase. This was a major point of consideration and almost led us to not proceed.

Chamath
Chamath
Chief Technology Officer in Sri Lanka
Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

Best option for digital marketing

Comments: When it comes to competitive analysis SimilarWbe Pro playing a huge role in there. Visual charts and graphs give you more valuable information. SimilarWeb Pro is a very powerful tool when compared to other tools available in the market today. If you need to test it out before you signup they are providing a free t

Pros:

With Similarweb, you will not only get hold of analytics from your website site but also an observation of the target. The target you have defined and their respective interactions with websites in competition. We name it as a life worthy experience for your ultimate business. There are two alternative scenarios revealed by the Similarweb. The first one is, supporting you to identify your place in the field concerning the niche and the industry. And the second one is the panorama of your competition and the entire game you were playing. With having all this information, we can make correct decisions and find what the people truly want in the future.

Cons:

When it comes to Cons, the Pro version is very expensive for small businesses. Referrals reports aren't very accurate.

CSM in US
Sports, 201–500 Employees

Great to get info

Comments: I liked it a lot upon introduction, it made my job easier on a day to day basis.

Pros:

Similar web gives you a lot of key information about companies you might be interested in doing business with or interested in.

Cons:

Parts of the tools are rudimentary and redundant, overall it works well but there are more versatile alternatives.

Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

One of the most accurate tools for measuring site traffic

Pros:

When it comes to estimating site traffic of your competitors, it's so difficult to find a halfway decent tool that will give you something accurate. I've consistently worked with clients and my own company and checked the actual analytics data besides their estimated traffic. I don't know how they do it, but it's extremely helpful in getting a better perspective on the competition.

Cons:

At some point it would be fantastic to get a social media analysis section and see what is happening on competitors Social Media.

Internet, 11–50 Employees

Great tool to benchmark your website performance in comparison to competitors and the industry

Comments: I use SimilarWeb Pro to compare my company's website performance with the industry leaders for several countries. It helps me understand our position and identify improvement opportunities.

Pros:

SimilarWeb Pro allows you to compare your website metrics, such as number of visits, time on the website, bounce rate, etc, with your competitors and the Industry in general. It's a great tool for you to understand your position, your visitors profile, your website strengths and weaknesses, and make strategic decisions for product and marketing.

Cons:

Their dashboard is very heavy and slow, and only allows you to add up to 5 players. Also, their exporting function to .xlsx or .csv is very limited.

Andrey
Business Development in Slovenia
Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

Great platform for comprehensive analysis of any website or app!

Comments: Lots of useful data for competitors analysis which SEMrush doesn't have!

Pros:

My favorite feature is that I can see the exact traffic sources that generate traffic to any website. Marketing mix reports are great for export. App analysis feature is awesome, you can see lots of useful data. Google Play keywords analysis is also very comprehensive.

Cons:

I don't like when you sort the results by some columns there's no data and they ask you to upgrade. Also the data range is 12 months only and splitting data by countries is locked as you need to upgrade to a more expensive plan. There are also some freezes in Firefox when using the website.

Jordan
sdr in US
Internet, 201–500 Employees

Jordan's Review

Comments: really good, I wish every website showed sessions and bounce rates though.

Pros:

the ease of use, and the functionality to find bounce rates and sessions. is really helpful and insightful.

Cons:

is costly to upgrade to the paid version where the free version gives you a taste of the offering. not every website is tracked.

Kinga
Contributing Writer in Poland
Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

Must-have if you want to achieve success

Pros:

SimilarWeb PRO delivers a lot of useful data you can use to analyse your competitors' performance or even verify some site you would use for promotion. SimilarWeb PRO helped us save money - otherwise we could have burnt it on campaigns which are far away from being effective.

Cons:

Pricing, pricing, pricing. However, take it as an investment (as it unlocks a lot of data for you) or try the free, limited version.

Haik
Digital Marketing Specialist in Armenia
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Find the Worthy Websites

Pros:

SimilarWeb is one of my personal beloved tools to work with, especially the extension. The tool allows you to find out everything you need - starting from the website estimated traffic and ending with the in-depth review of the sources they are getting their traffic from. The keyword research is also important to note, as it is very useful for out-competing the market.

Cons:

The issue I have noticed is that the small websites do not get the traffic analysis due to the low amount of traffic, and some websites are not registered in the system so you do not get enough information about them.

Catherine
Catherine
Marketing Manager in US
Computer Software, 201–500 Employees

Very useful

Comments: I use it a lot for prospecting and finding new sites to work with. I've found it very useful.

Pros:

Similar Web comes in handy when I need to know the traffic of specific websites that we want to partner with. i also use the Similar site section to find similar websites for me to use for prospecting.

Cons:

Overall I haven't had any issues with it. It's easy to use.

Devraj
CEO in Nepal
Civil Engineering, 11–50 Employees

Gives accurate site traffic and performance

Comments: It gives traffic and analytics that I use for my own site analysis and also for competitors' site analysis.

Pros:

It gives competitive insightful data for my sites including SEO, traffic source, traffic types, and more.

Cons:

Its web browser extension takes a longer time to load fully.

Katherine
UI/UX analyst in US
Retail, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Take a Peek Into Your Competition Strategy

Comments: Quite satisfying. It has helped us identify different opportunities and room for improvement when it comes to keywords, referrals, channel investment, geographic traffic and of course that sneak peek and x-ray scan on your competitors website.

Pros:

It's pretty intuitive, easy to use as a member of a team and to collaborate as well due to it's feature of creating and sharing dashboards. The quality of the data is impressive and so valuable to understand how your brand is performing within a competitive landscape.

Cons:

It is quite expensive but it's totally worth if your goal is to increase market share.

Retail, 11–50 Employees

SimilarWeb Review

Comments: Overall, we use SimilarWeb to try and gain a sense of what other partner sites do in terms of qualified traffic that can be sent our way for sales.

Pros:

Different levels of reporting for a number of 3rd party sites that we aim to partner with. The free version was solid enough to upgrade to Pro. Love the different channel reporting they offer!

Cons:

Some of the metrics included do not seem too accurate, but they are good enough to provide a ballpark range.

Sophie
CEO & Founder of several online business ventures in US
E-Learning, 2–10 Employees

Great tool to have as a web designer!

Comments: This software helps me present potential web design clients with traffic data about their current websites. I can then tell let them know exactly how a new web design can convert their traffic into subscribers or potentials buyers.

Pros:

I was looking for a tool that would help me estimate how much traffic the websites of potential clients were getting. Similar Web Pro gives me access to that data and more. I can then use this data when I'm writing pitches to people who need their websites updated.

Cons:

I don't have any complaints. Perhaps there could be a way to print out the website results instead of having to do a screenshot?