• Overall
    4.7 /5
  • Customer Service Software

About ISL Light

ISL Light remote support software lets you control a remote computer or mobile device. It's cross-platform, secure, fast, customizable.

Learn more about ISL Light

Matevž O.
CIO
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/05/2020

"Easy set-up, does the job"

Comments: While some services were overloaded during the COVID crisis, there have been no technical difficulties with ISL. The service is robust, intuitive and works well.

Pros: There is very low overhead with this software, users don't need to install anything and remote support can be up and running within half a minute from call.

Cons: Running services or applications with elevated privileges on the remote computer is a bit of a hassle.

• Reviewed on 28/05/2020
Andrew S.
IT Consultant
  • Reviewed on 24/07/2020

"ISL Light has streamlined our business."

Comments: ISL has always been a pleasure to deal with. On the VERY few ocassions we have had an issue it was resolved quickly with knowledgeable support staff. I would highly recommend ISL for 'always on' connections and help desk support. We use the performance details often to help diagnose our clients problems, all integrated into the ISL platfrom. Brilliant!

Pros: ISL Light is easy to implement and integrate into our website and daily business tasks. Our clients like the ability to have transparency when using the software and the tools it enables us as business to help them with.

Cons: A more lightweight client installer would be good but this is a small request as most clients can connect with our instructions over the phone.

• Reviewed on 24/07/2020
Matjaž D.
Support/Development
Consumer Electronics, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/07/2019

"ISL Light"

Comments: We mostly support people in the USA, Denmark, Arab emirates.

Pros: slo support, multiple monitor connect is nice

Cons: I can not prepare a remote access in advance. I have to open software, generate session ID and then wait a really long time for the installer to tell the customer to download it. Generating link is nice, but I still need to be there at the beginning.
It is really confusing whenever session drops, sometimes it reconnects and writes some data into chat window? why chat window?
Whenever you have chat open and remote and also file transfer it is really hard to manage all those windows.
Audio chat would also be nice.
Connecting to some remote in Arab Emirates can take up to 5 minutes.

by ISL Online on 03/09/2019

"Audio chat would also be nice. "
Audio chat in an active session is possible.
You can check out the following guide which will show you how to use it: https://help.islonline.com/37390/230353

"Connecting to some remote in Arab Emirates can take up to 5 minutes. "
Long connection times can be caused by a number of reasons (network issues, ports unavailable, ...) If you can reproduce this issue, we can help you see the exact reason why the connections take a long time. You are most welcome to visit our live chat so we can connect to one such computer and check the issue.

"Having multiple administrators use the same Session ID would be also a nice feature."
Since the session code (Session ID) contains a lot of important information about the session, each session code is unique. However, you are able to invite other operators into the session by using the 'Invite operator' option: https://help.islonline.com/37390/166673#invite-operator

Yours sincerely
Domen Vidmar
ISL Online Team

• Reviewed on 09/07/2019
Gary H.
MD
  • Reviewed on 31/10/2019

"ISLOnline easy to use"

Comments: It allows me to support my customers 24-7 not just Monday-Friday 9-5. It saves site visits and allows me to quickly fix a problem.

Pros: Easy to setup and supports multiple platforms. You can add multi sessions for a fixed fee. Flexible subscription I started off with a price per use with a few customer then upgraded when the I built a larger customer base. Recently I have started to use the Web Conference feature for hosting online demos.

Cons: I would prefer a drag and drop to specific folder when transferring files. I would also like remote printing

by ISL Online on 12/02/2021

The newest ISL Light version added support for our new File Manager functionality. This functionality will allow you to simply transfer files between the local and remote computer by drag and dropping files in a simple-to-use graphical interface. Currently, the File Manager functionality is available for ISL AlwaysOn connections, as well as on-demand sessions where the remote client is a Linux or macOS machine. For on-demand connections with Windows remote machines, by default, this functionality is not available. However, if you would require this functionality in such a session, it is possible to instruct the client to download the ISL Light application instead of the ISL Light Client, then in the ISL Light application choose Options -> Join and join the session this way. Then, the File Manager functionality will be available in this session as well.

• Reviewed on 31/10/2019
Nigel S.
  • Reviewed on 03/07/2019

"Use ISL Remote Desktop to perform Remote Support"

Comments: We have been using ISL for around 5 years, and it is the mainstay of our ability to provide remote support to our clients. We have also been able to allow users to access their own computer when working away from their desk using some of the tools provided by ISL, which makes the product a hit with our clients as well.

Pros: The ability to group users together, to easily assign who on our support team can access which computers, and the ease of transferring files from ourselves onto the remote computer. And perhaps the greatest value is that we can set up the various parameters in a command line executable, so we don't need to set them up by hand every time.

Cons: It can sometimes take a few minutes between the user providing access and it appearing as an available remote system on our console

• Reviewed on 03/07/2019
Mark L.
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 14/02/2019

"Great Value Remote Support Software"

Comments: I used to use LogMeIn and was approached by ISL to try out there product initially I said no then the price of the other product had its third increase in twelve months which made it too expensive. Since then I haven't looked back, I can connect to my clients quickly and securely and provide the type of service my clients expect as if I was there in person. I must use the software three to four times a day on average and now most of my support work is done remotely saving journey time and fuel cost. It's made me more efficient.

Pros: ISLOnline has all the features of it's competitors but at a more competitive price. The software is continually being developed and improved and can be branded to suit your company needs. It supports remote connections to multi platform and devices and has a chat platform for you to converse with your customers which can be added to your website. Technical support is first class and they are extremely helpful when you first begin using the software. You get an evelauation period to trial the fully featured software and this can be extended if needs be so you can be sure. Did I mention the price?

Cons: I would like to see some improvements in the Remote support logging page as I use this to generate invoicing information and it takes an export of the log and some reformatting to get it in the state I need.

by ISL Online on 28/02/2019

Hello,

thank you for your review!

We are currently developing some new features for the reports page, which will soon show the name of the computer in the list aswell, making it easier to see which computer you were connected to in a particular session.

If you have any requests which you would like to see added to the reports page (or to ISL products in general) please send us an email to [email protected] or visit our live chat on our website www.islonline.com!

Best regards,
Domen Vidmar
ISL Online Team

• Reviewed on 14/02/2019
François D.
Administrateur
  • Reviewed on 21/12/2019

"Using ISlRemote daily"

Pros: Very easy to use, simple to install, easy to remotely control a new computer using "invite". Isl light is also available for installation on remote computer for unattended control and on local computer so you don't have to login on a web page but juste start a local software.

Cons: Only information available is a complete description about the remote computer (CPU, ram, processes and so on) and lats connection time. Impossible to know how many time spend remotely by computer or by group on a period of time. Impossible to know wich computer have been accessed last month. Impossible to share a session like with TeamViewer ou AnyDesk. An the local app crashes after a while.

• Reviewed on 21/12/2019
Jan S.
Computer Hardware, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 26/01/2021

"My customers like ISL"

Pros: What I most like about this software: it can take admin ownership on the fly...

Cons: I have a lot of pc's controlled by my central interface. It should be able to delegate an account to a subset (group of pc's) ... Example : the local it-manager of one of my clients should be able to access 'his' machines where I installed Always On without seeing my other clients machines...

• Reviewed on 26/01/2021
Robert D.
Accounting Software, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/05/2020

"Frequent user"

Comments: We are serving our customers with additional services due to remote desktop usage.

Pros: It works well, quite reliable and support is outstanding.

Cons: It lacks some features - for example - double screen comes in one big windows (instead of two seperate).

• Reviewed on 29/05/2020
Mauricio C.
Enginner
Computer Software, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 18/12/2019

"ISN and ISL"

Comments: It is the perfect tool to establish a remote connection with users and prospects. It is our right hand.

Pros: Ease of use and connection always constant

Cons: It has no disadvantages. It has everything that is needed for a good job.

• Reviewed on 18/12/2019
Kurt T.
Accountant
Accounting Software, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 23/03/2021

"The best feature for working remote"

Comments: I use it almost every day : a few clicks and you're in business without interruption.

Pros: Very reliable. Connection always durable

Cons: Maybe the price could be a little less ?

Andrea L.
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 11/05/2020

"Review of ISL"

Pros: Its really easy for my customers to access ISL online

Cons: If administrator rights are needed on the clients PC and the end user clicks ok i can't control the end users screen anymore

• Reviewed on 11/05/2020
Philip K.
Owner & Lead Technician
  • Reviewed on 04/06/2019

"consistent and essential tool"

Comments: This saves many miles and many hours of customer frustration. It allows instant support to customers - they all find it easy to use the islonine.net/join facility.
I use the permanent remote function to keep my machines patched and secure.

Pros: I came to ISL some years ago searching for a tool for my MSP company. Needed security with simplicity and reliability.
The support is excellent and swift - whatever hour of the day or night.
This is the tool I cannot and will not do without!

Cons: nothing wrong with it at all. If I wanted all the extra features on another product I would pay the very high price. But my business works perfectly with ISL LIght Remote Desktop

• Reviewed on 04/06/2019
Gary S.
Technical Director
  • Reviewed on 16/02/2020

"ISL makes our business run smooth"

Comments: We use Remote Support, Remote Access (Always on), and Live Chat (Pronto). It simplifies connecting with anyone, anywhere. The remote support is probably the easiest on the market. We have a link to the Live Chat on our website and that allows us to immediately communicate with customers, then effortlessly connect to support and even do audio or video chat as well.

Pros: It can connect TO any platform, FROM any platform. Most of the time we just use PC to PC, but I also connect from my phone sometimes, which is very convenient.

Cons: No complaints with ISL. It is only down when the internet is down.

• Reviewed on 16/02/2020
Ivan F.
tech support
  • Reviewed on 14/09/2019

"Straight forward"

Comments: It does the job.

Pros: Very intuitive and easy to use. Undefeated access runs in no time. Like the menu with additional features .
Windows with Admin rights popup to your screen and no need for intervention by a client side.

Cons: Sending a file could have less steps. When dropping the file on client window, client could have just a popup window with confirmation weather to receive or reject a file.

• Reviewed on 14/09/2019
Kirk G.
Retail, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/07/2019

"Great Product - Easy to use"

Comments: We use ISL Light Remote Desktop in our call center to remotely connect to customers for support. My IT team also uses the ISL to remotely access servers when on the road.

Pros: I love that you can do both Remote Sessions with customers and have Dedicated Connections to certain computers. I can use it from my desktop or my phone and it is easy to use. Saves me time and headaches.

Cons: The only thing I do not like is the big box that indicates you are connected when using a remote session. It could be smaller. I can reduce it down but it just is an extra button click that is not needed.

• Reviewed on 08/07/2019
Gemma D.
Operations Director
  • Reviewed on 17/04/2019

"Best remote access tool out there!"

Comments: ISL provides a safe and secure way for us to access customers desktops, it enables them to demonstrate the issues they are experiencing as we can both view the screen at the same time. It is easy for end users to establish a connection and for our tech team to use as well. It provides all the required features and is a very cost effective piece of software.

Pros: ISL enables us to quickly and easily connect to customers computers, it has a simple straightforward interface and includes all the needed features. Chat and file transfer are a bonus.

Cons: Nothing bad to say! It works really well!

• Reviewed on 17/04/2019
Elwin J.
IT Systems Engineer
  • Reviewed on 21/11/2019

"The best remote tool"

Comments: I am very happy and satisfied about the choise, it has really helped me in my everyday work

Pros: I like the ease of use, the client can easy join the session and allow the operator to take over.

Cons: It is a little bit difficult to set up the On Prem version and personalize it.

• Reviewed on 21/11/2019
Mario V.
Food Production, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/06/2020

"It works fine for our company"

Comments: It does what it should do

Pros: It works quickly and reliably

Cons: The price is high, especially if you need multiple subscriptions

• Reviewed on 26/06/2020
Ben H.
Network Engineer
  • Reviewed on 29/01/2020

"Works well for us"

Pros: Has proven very stable and reliable, both from an admin and user perspective. Requires very little maintenance, and also works every time we try to use it.

Cons: The only downsides are probably due to Apple more than ISL. It is a challenge to use for remote support on MacOS, requiring extra steps for the user to authorize the technician, and is somewhat crippled on iOS. The good news: it does work on Apple products, at least at some level

• Reviewed on 29/01/2020
Angela C.
Company Secretary
  • Reviewed on 17/07/2019

"islonline - does the job"

Comments: Generally good. Sometimes I find the accessing of files from the other person isn't as obvious as it could be.

Pros: It works, both for us and our customers.

Cons: Using it when people have multiple screens and I have 1. The font size is too small.

• Reviewed on 17/07/2019
Kleder S.
Support Supervisor
  • Reviewed on 09/01/2019

"ISL Light Remote Desktop has the best set of tools"

Comments: In an environment with multiple support engineers working from office or home to solve hundreds of multiple customers incidents on daily basis ISL Remote Desktop really shines! It's the most reliable, manageable and scalable solution out there.

Pros: - Very well documented;
- Professional Support;
- Compatible with most of Operational Systems and platforms;
- Scalability;
- User management full of possibilities;
- The best set of tools for remote access;

Cons: - The Price is up to the product you may say.

• Reviewed on 09/01/2019
Vojko D.
Manger
  • Reviewed on 10/12/2019

"Review"

Comments: Solution is simple to use and easy to to navigate customer.

Pros: The ISL is realy useful tool and it is very easy to use. It is also very simple to navigate user to get to session.
Like it.

Cons: We use server licence. Premise instalation could be simplier.

• Reviewed on 10/12/2019
Paul P.
Head of Support and Customer Relations
  • Reviewed on 20/03/2019

"ISL Light - One of the best products that we've used"

Comments: ISL Light provides us with a simple to use approach to maintaining our client's business software, and updating their servers

Pros: Low file size and ease of explanation of connection process makes it straight forward to use in the real world when we can be dealing with a variety of levels of IT familarity.

Cons: Much the same as many remote screen sharing applications, they're unable to provide the native screen scaling that Remote Desktop Connection offers. This causes issues when working on remote users desktops, in particular servers, as the overall screen size can be drastically different to your own.

• Reviewed on 20/03/2019
David B.
Associate - IT Services
Real Estate, 51-200 Employees

"A great alternative"

Pros: My organisation used another brand of remote access software for many years but eventually the price hikes for features we didn't require became too much. This software enables me to provide support to staff with the essential features I require, plus a few extras.

Cons: It would benefit from being able to see which computers are not in any groups. But that is a minor thing.