15 years helping Israeli businesses

About PaySimple

PaySimple is the leading payments management solution for service-based businesses, powering the cashflow of over 20,000 companies.

Learn more about PaySimple

Pros:

Another positive is that they deal with the Credit Card bank, thus managing security issues such that you never have to fear the dreaded "Clawback" due to your own mistakes. A neat friendly package.

Cons:

Terrible customer service. Unsure of mobile presence, they seem to have multiple apps for the same thing published.

PaySimple ratings

4.4
4.5
4.3
4.3

8.2/10

PaySimple has an overall rating of 4.5 out 5 stars based on 298 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used PaySimple before?

Brian Del Terzo
Brian Del Terzo
Program Director in US
Financial Services Software, 11–50 Employees

The BEST payment gateway on the market!

Comments: From customer service to our assigned customer success manager, the team is available to assist. Chat support is also available inside the gateway. They have gone above and beyond to help us with our business.

Pros:

The robust features, ease of implementation, beautiful GUI layout that is easy to use and navigate. There is nothing that we need for our business, our team, and our clients that PaySimple does not accommodate.

Cons:

There are still some disconnects between the contact record details and transaction records that are still coming together that would make certain customized reporting even easier.

Ty
Music, 2–10 Employees

Paysimple was a game changer for our business!

Comments: Paysimple solved 95% of the problems we had encountered implementing recurring billing for our business

Pros:

The recurring billing makes doing business so easy. We no longer have to chase down late payments and the easy-to-use forms put our clients at ease. All the features a business needs with no frills!

Cons:

An easier way to automate recurring billing from an online sales page would be very helpful

Outsourcing/Offshoring, 10,000+ Employees

PaySimple made my life simple.

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

As a user, I appreciate PaySimple's user-friendly interface and seamless payment processing capabilities. It simplifies invoicing, recurring billing, and online payments, which has streamlined my business operations significantly. The robust reporting features provide clear insights into revenue trends and customer payments, enhancing financial management. However, occasional customer support delays can be a drawback. Overall, PaySimple is a reliable tool for managing payments efficiently.

Cons:

Least? Everything i liked in this , this is amazing

Jed
President in US
Legal Services, 2–10 Employees

Paysimple

Comments: Payments

Pros:

Easy to set up good to use easy interface

Cons:

No way to see total transactions cant set payments on days

Nurul Iman
Nurul Iman
Information Technology Assistant in Malaysia
Banking, 10,000+ Employees

Simpe payment processor

Pros:

Quick and helpful instructions were provided during the configuration procedure. The increased traffic has supported our marketing efforts towards our website since we started accepting online payments from our clients.

Cons:

Unfortunately, we couldn't limit credit card purchases to just one item. Credit card payments are accepted for appraisals but not mortgages.

Seaton
CEO in US
Executive Office, Self Employed

I am NOT a happy camper & I will NOT recommend PaySimple

Comments: Was great ... until this Covid Crisis. I now need to really watch every penny.

Pros:

It is simple to set up a transaction and accepts ACH

Cons:

I do not like the $50 charges per month duding Covid when my company is on the edge of failure. I do not like the inability to change my address. I will soon be looking for a service that does NOT charge $50 per month!

Sean
CEO in US
Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

CreditSmarts Review

Pros:

Ease of use and customer portal. Albeit, the customer portal could use a few key improvements. Otherwise, great design.

Cons:

There is no statement of accounts for the company to generate and email. There is no ability to auto generate invoice numbers (optional).

Nancy
Business Manager in US
Construction Software, 2–10 Employees

PaySimple - true to name

Comments: Overall, from set-up to going live with PaySimple, we have been very pleased with the ease of use for both our company and our customers.

Pros:

The set-up process was very easy and supportive. Allowing our customers to pay online through our website has brought more traffic to our site which helps with our marketing attempts.

Cons:

Nothing comes to mind at this time. There isn't anything negative I can share.

Michaela
Business Manager in US
Medical Devices, 2–10 Employees

10 out of 10

Comments: We really needed a more secure way to store customer cc information and PaySimple has a beautiful system for that. It has really been a time saver having recurring billing plans set up as many of our customers are on a monthly subscription plan.
Overall 10/10, I have greatly appreciated this service and its functionality.

Pros:

I have been very impressed with the ease of set up. We were set up and fully using this system within 4 days. I appreciate the quick glance reports that are found on the homepage, that indicate the our monthly sales as compared to the previous month.

Cons:

I feel like refunding partial amounts is more deeply hidden in the platform than I expected it to be. (however, when I did have a question about how to do a partial refund/credit, I was pleasantly surprised at how quickly I received a comprehensive answer.)

Ken
Manager in US
Real Estate, Self Employed

Okay Replacement for Quickbooks Online ACH functionality.

Comments: Very hard time getting clearing house established. The first transaction was a large security / first / last month's rent. It took 2 weeks to FINALLY get the funds released from the clearing house. I also had not realized the extra fees charged by PaySimple for the larger transaction over 5K so was surprised there and will bill future large bills directly from QBO. Since that poor start, monthly payments have gone smoothly other than having to manually enter rent invoices for each apartment in PaySimple every month and still needing to generate monthly (unsent) invoices in QBO as the the invoices generated on PaySimple to not transfer over to QBO.

Pros:

It saved me >$50 per month in a real estate setting with multiple tenants each paying >1K per month

Cons:

1) There are no ways to set up automatic recurring monthly invoices. You need to duplicate existing invoices manually and change the dates. 2) If multiple payments transfer on a single day, QBO gets confused and you have to manually track down which ones paid.

Sarah
Project Manager in US
Banking, 51–200 Employees

Our Experience with PaySimple

Comments: Overall fairly good. Lack of communication & transparency from our initial setup call to where we are now. We were never informed (or at least explicitly) that Forte would process the payments so this added some confusion. Also lack of clarity around our monthly limits (individual & collective) -- we found out in the middle of a month that we had reached our limit & had many mortgage payments pending.

Pros:

Customer service is what has kept us using PaySimple. Every person that I have spoken to has gone above and beyond to help out with any issues that we have had. The platform is relatively easy to use. I like the custom invoices & receipts that are sent to clients.

Cons:

Launching & integrating PaySimple has been MAJOR for us as online payments are so important in our industry and help to prevent any delays in the process as well as providing convenience to our clients. We had two issues with collecting online payments: First, we were unable to limit our ability to accept credit card payments for only one product. We are unable to accept credit cards for a mortgage payment; whereas we can accept credit card payment for appraisal, we had to turn the ability to use a CC off for any catalog product and create a form specific for appraisals. The ability to accept credit cards was all or nothing - for all products or none. The second problem we encountered was the system's inability to accept American Express. When we turned on the feature to be able to accept credit card payments, we were uninformed that this excluded American Express. It wasn't until we had a client attempt to make a payment 10 times using an AMEX card that we realized. Another issue that I have with this software is the confusion & lack of flexibility regarding user roles. As mentioned above, we use PaySimple to collect mortgage payments and appraisals. The department who collects each payment is different. The user who collects mortgage payments is an admin & I want her to receive all emails - however the users who send out the form to collect appraisals don't need to know about mortgage payments. I had to set them to Sales but they don't get email of payment made.

CEO & President in US
Computer Networking, 11–50 Employees

PaySimple review

Comments: I’ve used this service for many years. Requested better reports and reporting for all of them. It’s never been done. I have to use quickbooks in tandem as a result.

Pros:

It’s easy to use. Repeating payments are easy to setup and process.

Cons:

It has terrible reporting. The dashboard isn’t configurable and would be great for reports, but there is no way to edit it.

Amanda
Administrator in US
Individual & Family Services, Self Employed

Lives up to its name

Pros:

Simple to use and easy recurring payments

Cons:

The reporting is useless for me. I use this program to process all our one time and recurring payments throughout the year and am unable to get a yearly total of each customers giving.

Joel
Sports, 2–10 Employees

my review title

Pros:

recurring billing option ability to integrate forms into website

Cons:

no inventory management backend is messy (old style forms and new style forms make it messy) cannot delete old category items and entries

Tara
Office Manager in US
Music, 2–10 Employees

We love PaySimple!

Comments: PaySimple is a great asset to our business. Customer service is fantastic with quick responses to question via phone and text support. Highly recomended.

Pros:

Recurring billing is by far the most useful feature for us. In combination with the online store, our clients will register and set up their recurring billing and then it goes on until cancellation. Very easy and convenient!

Cons:

It's a bit complicated to give partial refunds. I with this process were easier. It's nice that there is a feature where you can add a custom field for clients but this custom field is not searchable and I wish it were.

Shane
IT Manager in US
Wholesale, 11–50 Employees

One of the best decisions our company made!

Comments: We have moved the majority of our customers from using their Credit Card (and incurring fees) to ACH/EFT. This has saved our business a TON. It was incredibly easy to implement and we had help from day one. If we need something (which we never do), they always get back to us in a timely manner.

Pros:

PaySimple is incredibly user-friendly. We chose PaySimple as a processor for doing EFT transactions for our Accounts Receivable. We were spending a TON in Credit Card fees, and our customers had been asking for a way to pay by check over the phone or online. PaySimple was hands-down the best of all we looked at! The implementation process was great and support is amazing.

Cons:

Lack of integration with our ERP software - which we work around by using reports

Roxanne
billing coordinator in US
Construction Software, 11–50 Employees

Best decision for AR

Comments: My overall experience has been great. PaySimple has been one of the best decisions for our AR department. I have seen a positive response from our customers. Especially now after the pandemic, this is a great source to have since technology is key and a more simple way to collect.

Pros:

It is very easy to navigate for me and our customers.

Cons:

There is one feature I would like. Currently there are two different companies that I work for and I would like the option to be able to switch over to each companies portal without having to login each time.

Christina
Practice Manager in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11–50 Employees

Great product for our business needs!

Pros:

We use PaySimple on a daily basis from in person transactions, future billing and payment plans.

Cons:

We have not found flaws for our business needs at this point but we do not use all the platforms Paysimple has to offer.

Marc
Consumer Electronics, Self Employed

As the name suggests, it's just Simple.

Comments: The product is easy to use, customizable and the customer service is there when I need them.

Pros:

All businesses need an easy way to bill their customers. My business requires it monthly for every customer to generate the recurring revenue that my company depends on. PaySimple offers an easy way to do this and I can rest easy knowing that on the 3rd day of the month, the funds hit my bank account.

Cons:

I would like a way to place monthly recurring billing on invoices with multiple products sold to an individual account.

Susan
Manager in US
Medical Practice, 11–50 Employees

Ease of use

Comments: It works for our needs but could be more user friendly.

Pros:

The recurring payment feature. Ease of use when taking a payment from a customer.

Cons:

Searching a customer from different screens is very cumbersome. Searching criteria is not consistent from screen to screen. Some screens require first name first and others require last name first. Payments via checking withdrawal do not appear on our daily failed payment report.

Jorge
Chief Instructor in US
Sports, Self Employed

It’s been great for years!

Comments: Overall, Paysimple has great customer service and is easy to understand!

Pros:

The software is user friendly and does a lot to let you get a complete view of your business!

Cons:

After the software was improved, I had difficulty in adapting to the new software.

Curt
Therapist in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11–50 Employees

Strong, Effective Product

Comments: This software has allowed my company to streamline payment collection across our team of employees and contract workers. It’s allowed us to innovate by incorporating QR tags to collect payment which has helped us stay up with the tech savvy our clients are expecting.

Pros:

The ease and user friendliness has been helpful from roll-out up to now.

Cons:

Navigating some of the duplicate profiles that can build up in the customers section.

Tom
Finance Manager in US
Legal Services, 11–50 Employees

Pros

Comments: I have only been with Harris Federal for about 6 weeks. Overall, my experience with PaySimple has been great.

Pros:

It is easy to use and customize. Also [SENSITIVE CONTENT] is great. He has been really helpful in helping me learn the program and utilize it more fully.

Cons:

There was an issue this past week with billing schedules not running as they should have. This disrupted payment plans that need to stay on schedule

Bobbijo
Customer Care Manager in US
Security & Investigations, 2–10 Employees

Customer Service, A+!

Comments: I have always had amazing experiences with the customer service! Whether big or small I felt important with my issue. The applications are great and easy to use and learn. Our team would highly recommend PaySimple as the best tool for their needs!

Pros:

The ease of use and how many tools they have inside the program to help manage.

Cons:

Personal Preference, I would like to streamline the dashboard. Taylor it to what our company uses all the time, not have a generalized set up.

Sameen
President in Pakistan
Accounting Software, 11–50 Employees

Recurring Bill

Comments: My overall experience is great so far. Hopefully it remains same.

Pros:

That we can debit our client fee anywhere without disturbing them and we are getting monthly payment on time.

Cons:

When i complaint about bad list, it never resolve and i even do not know how my client ended up in bad list. We save account numbers then whenever we need them we can not get it from paysimple.