15 years helping Israeli businesses

About Airtable

Empower teams to build apps that connect the organization and drive outcomes—no code needed.

Learn more about Airtable

Pros:

It is easy to understand, configure, and use. Customer service is great.

Cons:

The UI is still slightly complicated, and I had a lot of trouble finding documentation on linked fields.

Airtable ratings

4.4
4.4
4.5
4.5

8.7/10

Airtable has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 2,014 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Airtable before?

Filter reviews (2,014)

luz mary
luz mary
teacher in Colombia
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

The Perfect Tool for Collaboration

5.0 last month New

Comments: This platform has changed my life in many ways. It's like someone listened to all my organizational needs and solved them with a magical solution. I love how I can build scalable and flexible applications, all while maintaining strong control over management and governance.

Pros:

This platform is amazing! I love how it combines the flexibility of a spreadsheet interface with great features like file attachments, kanban-style card stacks, calendars, and reporting functions. It's like you've found the treasure trove of collaboration tools.

Cons:

What I like least about this platform is that sometimes the options can be a little overwhelming, especially for new users. But, once you get the hang of it, it's a fantastic experience!

Alexander
Customer Care in US
Information Technology & Services, 201–500 Employees

Great task manager tool

5.0 last month New

Comments: The overall experience is great, I can now manage my projects easily.

Pros:

The ease of use of this software makes it great. The pricing is also cost-effective. The user dashboard looks simple.

Cons:

It is working well with me, I have no issues with me.

Katie
Quality Manager in US
Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

Downhill

Pros:

I have been an Airtable user for years, and have always been impressed with its ease of use and the pace of improvements to the product itself.

Cons:

Airtable has recently suffered from a lack of customer support while simultaneously (in my experience) a higher rate of usability issues/bugs. Now, they've changed their pricing structure to revoke email support from the lowest priced tier. They expect users to be able to solve their own problems via the community discussion boards and less-than-sufficient/often outdated self help articles/pages. If there was a robust library of documentation, this might be acceptable, but there is not. We might consider upgrading to the higher tier of service, but I have submitted at least 5 contact forms to speak with a salesperson, but have not received any outreach from their sales team. I suspect we will have no choice but to abandon Airtable, since we use it for critical business operations and cannot risk having it break without any customer support to troubleshoot, but also we have been unable to get in touch with any salesperson to upgrade to the higher-level accounts that come with email support.

Retail, 2–10 Employees

Game changerl

Comments: Overall experience has been great to be honest

Pros:

This product has been a game changer for my company. Being an Ecommerce business with inventory and teams. It has made it easy to set up bases, automations, dashboard to track a lot. It has made order management so seamless for easy for my teamm less clutter and so many features that has helped the business. Love that I can create multiple bases.

Cons:

It has evolved over the years with their updates. But I think the dashboard can be better. They can definitely take a few features from clickup especially with things like tracking and notes.

Ivan
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 2–10 Employees

I like airtable

5.0 last month New

Comments: I really like the platform for my personal project but it can get quite expensive

Pros:

Automations are the best thing I’ve seen if you are willing to dive in is really newbie friendly

Cons:

The records limits and the pay per user model they should give more bundles specially for small teen

Christiana
Social Media Manager in US
Financial Services Software, 2–10 Employees

Spreadsheet reinvented

5.0 last month New

Comments: In events planning meeting deadlines is very important,this tool has helped us to manage projects and deadlines from one place.

Pros:

I like how flexible and customizable Airtable is it allows us to organize data in different set of views,the calendar and timeline views are particularly very helpful to our organization.

Cons:

It has a steep learning curve for team members with no or low technical expertise.

Anncarol
Office Admin and Accountant in US
Financial Services Software, 11–50 Employees

The most flexible low code productivity software in the market

5.0 last month New

Comments: This platform has greatly increased the efficiency of our event planning businesses which has translated to higher revenues.

Pros:

I like Airtable views which allows us to transform the look and feel of our data depending on our workflow.

Cons:

Nothing in particular it has a very intuitive interface, colourful design and modern design which makes it very interactive and easy to use.

Seseyon
Customer Relations Officer in US
Financial Services Software, 51–200 Employees

Get projects organized with Airtable

5.0 last month New

Pros:

I like how it visualize data in an organized and aesthetically pleasing manner. Great with keeping track of projects statuses.

Cons:

It’s very user friendly with great designs and features, so no dislike.

Gikge
communication in US
Education Management, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Customizable project and task management tool

5.0 last month New

Pros:

I love the advanced tools like the drag and drop features that enable easy customization and working on various projects and many teams enhancing collaboration.

Cons:

The only downside is that the onboarding curve might take time.

Consumer Goods, 2–10 Employees

Work Faster with this Powerful Tool for Any Workflow

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

Airtable has a user-friendly interface and I love that it has real-time collaboration with team members. Each table can be customized with text, numbers, attachments, and links to data in other tables. It has 100s of prebuilt templates for tracking marketing campaigns, content calendars, product roadmaps, product-planning, asset production and customer insights. You can also create tables easy with AI tools, without needing any code.

Cons:

Airtable has a per-user pricing model that can be pricey for users who are just starting out. There is also attachment space restrictions, which may be inconvenient when uploading larger file sizes.

Delia
Delia
Startup founder in Australia
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed

Why I use Airtable to store my data

Comments: I run a site called Wikihospitals, and display international health technology services. This data all needs to be linked together, so I can see information like country of origin, founder's details, technology used and medical specialty covered. Airtable was a great discovery for me. I can shared my data easily, embedded it into my website and am now transforming it into a fully fledged directory site.

Pros:

Before Airtable, pre formatted databases were costly platforms to subscribe to, and extremely difficult to create from scratch (for the non coder). Airtable is just dead easy to use. It looks like a spreadsheet but behaves like a database. You can import or export data as a CSV file. You can share a link or embed a view into you website using iframe code. It is also lightning fast. You can link any number of different 'sheets' together. You can selecting different types of 'fields' ie numerical, date, multiple select, calculations, upload document etc. You can also display your data in a range of 'views' from maps to calendars to gallery views of pie and bar charts.

Cons:

When using the embed code option, it doesn't show that well on a mobile device. Apart from that, it's really the perfect software for people with a large amount of data and no code skills.

Theresa
VP of Operations in US
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Our Team Went From Zero Organization to Project Pipeline Wizards

Comments: By using Airtable we are able to communicate with our clients better using the "Calendar" base. We are able to show our clients what we are doing for them the entire month. Being transparent with them and having this very cool interactive Calendar that shows our reports and ad creative really puts us at a whole new level in their eyes.

Pros:

This software is super easy to use and has so many different options for "viewing" which allows something for everybody. There are so many different connections as well and the Block features allow our team to be very efficient with our client projects.

Cons:

There is no way to reach out to somebody on customer support. I wish there was a chat option for customer support. There really isn't any training that comes alot with it. There are some videos but if there was a way to setup a webinar with an account manager there to help us learn more ways we could be using it, that would be ideal.

Tyler
Director of Data and Outcomes in US
Philanthropy, 501–1,000 Employees

Forget Excel and use AirTable instead!

Comments: Airtable is a game changer! Since we can create views on the fly, especially ones that link to our calendars, we're able to track projects really easily, and communicate changes across our entire team. We even started using it to tracking employee training hours, and it's saved us countless hours per week.

Pros:

Airtable combines really advanced features with and easy to use interface, allowing some members of the team to set up a base, and allow others to maintain/update it. This has allowed us to store complex data, but make it accessible in different views, depending on the business need.

Cons:

Airtable could be improved with some better formula functions. For example, if you wanted to calculate formulas based on some type of filter, such as an aggregate function, it is very difficult or impossible to do. We usually have to extract the data through their API and then process it for more complex needs.

Denise
Denise
Marketing Specialist in US
Marketing & Advertising, 201–500 Employees

Airtable is a great collaborative project manager

Comments: My team and I like Airtable because it helps us keep track of all of our clients in one central location. My initial impression was that it wouldn't really make a difference in our regular operations, but now I see how wrong I was. With Airtable, users are able to work with many data types in a grid-based environment. It also facilitates the development of cloud-based apps that are easily integrated with other infrastructure.

Pros:

One of my favorite features is the ability to personalize each of my boards. Not only that, but I have the ability to work closely with my team by syncing and discussing our respective projects and making use of our shared notes. It's incredible how many wonderful things there are in the Universe. Airtable helps me plan out my monthly social media posts in advance. I'm able to keep on top of things and make timely social media posts because I plan ahead. My knowledge and experience have taught me to be more methodical and cooperative in my job.

Cons:

Every once in a while, things aren't as user-friendly as they could be. Sometimes I'll make my own template, but first I'll look at tens of others to get ideas. Be patient with the procedure; it will take some time to complete. Once set up, the interface is typically straightforward.

Laurène
Head of Customer Success in France
Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

Airtable is very powerful for building internal tool or back-offices, UX could be more user-friendly

Comments: We use Airtable in several ways:
- Internal ticketing system + reporting (works great)
- Custom apps for our customers, synced with our own software (back-office logic is great, end-user UX is not, we should have used a third-party app builder to make it more user-friendly)
- CRM extension (good for one-off analytics)
- Database for some automations using Make.com (having structured data really helps)
We are overall satisfied, we manage to do everything we want and integrate Airtable with our other software. We hope that Airtable Interfaces will get better, along with some improvements in formulas.

Pros:

Airtable is very powerful. It makes database logic accessible to non-developer profiles. Being able to view your data in so many different ways is great. Usecases are endless.

Cons:

I was disappointed by the inability to create easy-to-use apps for the final user. You can either share the entire database with them - which can be overwhelming - or cherry-pick views you want to share with them - which is impractical, especially because those views aren't editable. This makes Airtable great to build internal tools for tech-savvy teams, but in order to make it usable by other people you'll have to use a third-party app builder (Airtable will then be used as the database / back-office of your app). In addition to that, I sometimes get frustrated with some formulas, especially "datetime" formulas and recursive logic. These can become overly complicated in Airtable.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 2–10 Employees

Airtable is my new bestie. (Nonprofit)

Comments: The interface is beautiful, user friendly, and with the incredible variety of field types, powerful views and filters, you can accomplish almost anything in here. I used Sharepoint Lists and Microsoft Flow at a previous organization, and this is a million times better. What a beautiful piece of tech!

Pros:

This software is incredibly powerful, and once you get the hang of it, pretty simple to use. We are so grateful for the nonprofit discount, which makes it affordable for our organization. We're using it to manage grant applications and awards in tandem with other software such as Typeform, Gmail, Google Drive, and Slack. It has many powerful built in automation capabilities, and works very well with Zapier for even more power.

Cons:

Airtable can take some effort and training to learn and master, in order to use it to it's maximum capacity.

Yelle
Yelle
Co-founder & Brand Strategist in US
Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

Neat AF Content Management for SMM

Comments: Overall I am so glad we chose to set up on this platform! It keeps all our posts so neat in one spot.

Pros:

I think Airtable is the best tool out there for a team to prepare social media content. We took inspiration from other Social Media Manager's setups and adapted them to our needs. I love the way we set up each column as text, links, uploads, etc. so that we could repeat our flow every month. I really love how the comments work, especially on the videos where I can click and drag to leave a comment on an exact timestamp and section of that frame. Lastly, I appreciate that Airtable has a mobile and desktop app so that I can see the little red number notification that signals that I have to respond to something.

Cons:

I wish we got notified by email for leaving a comment even if it didn't @ mention our teammate. Also, I wish a Google Doc-type form could live with a project.

Kelly
Kelly
Design Engineering Manager in US
Computer Software, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Excellent application integration and fast database creation

Comments: Using Airtable, we are able to consolidate data for teams working in different locations, ensuring that everyone always has access to the most up-to-date information. I can organize and analyze seemingly impossible data on a spreadsheet with the help of Airtable, and I can even perform some really deep reasoning without knowing how to code.

Pros:

I appreciate the adaptability. With the help of drop-down menus, department-specific colors, and the ability to sort data by any number of criteria, I can easily organize my data into useful chunks. Though I'm only just getting started with Airtable, I'm enjoying my time with it and am looking forward to learning all there is to know about it.

Cons:

It can be cumbersome to keep track of which users have access to certain databases and tables, therefore you may prefer to use a different platform when communicating with stakeholders.

Food Production, 201–500 Employees

Handy Collaboration Software for Remote Teams

Comments: We've been very happy with the service from Airtable for managing some of our tasks and collaborative environments. It has a very intuitive design, you can just pick it up and start using it as soon as, and it basically requires no setup which was good for our IT resources. Other than that, it's reasonably priced, and maintains good performance even when a few people are working on the same sheet at the same time. Very happy overall.

Pros:

We really enjoy having a lot of different features available that we can explore, mainly stuff like document management, database, and data workflows. It lets you cover different needs without having to get a few separate tools and ten have to sync them together. The ability to consolidate all those feature sunder one roof is also good for the budget of course.

Cons:

I'm not sure if it rises up to the level of tools like Monday and Asana for project management. There aren't as many project customization options and it tends to get a bit all over the place when the number of projects starts to increase. It would be good to have more views for projects and more customizations on the project level.

Devlyn
Apparel & Fashion, Self Employed

A spreadsheet is a spreadsheet, right? Wrong!

Comments: I love it so much I support it financially, which is a big deal for me. I'm a very small business and a monthly subscription is always viewed suspiciously. But I love how they are constantly building in new features that make it more and more usable. Things I didn't even know I wanted until it existed. And there is a free option! I just wanted access to the premium features. I'm currently using it for:
-production queue
-development outlines and goal setting
- inventory tracking linked with vendor management
- galleries of photos incorporated on my website and on Facebook
- managing home chores and tasks
- keeping track of any number of personal and professional lists

Pros:

I like this software so much that I pay for it monthly, and I don't consider 25 a month "cheap" for me. But it has been so useful that I can't imagine not having access to all the features. It's complicated to say what I like most because that entails an explanation of what it does. It basically combines spreadsheets with databases and then allows you to view your data in a multitude of customizable ways. And share just the parts you want to share, or all of it. You can also add collaborators or have clients input information directly through forms. You can take all of this and embed it on your website or on facebook. The various views can be a gallery of photos, or a more standard spreadsheet, or you can output it to lists like an address list, or set it up to print labels of just the records you want to include. You can use it for project management and production queues, keeping track of vendors or clients, sorting and updating inventories. It's really brilliant to the point that I've moved away from other spreadsheet programs, task management systems and photo gallery software in favor of using Airtable.

Cons:

It's not perfect! There are a few things I haven't figured out how to do or it's fairly clunky still. But much of that is my own lack of skill in certain areas. I'd love to utilize API but I'm still too much of a novice to really figure it out. Once I do, though, I feel like it will take my website to another level. One of the features is the ability to take a group of records and output it into a format you create. It would be great if there were some templates available for this sort of thing, but I'm not even sure how that could be implemented. It could just be my own laziness!

Sean
Performing Arts, 2–10 Employees

Love the loads of options! Hate the exposure of our content!

Comments: Our experience has been great outside the frustration of the exposure of the public view URL. We wouldn't be able to offer this portion of our services to our customers without a much more expensive custom solution. It was pretty intuitive to work with even some of the more advanced aspects of database creation. And the airtable community even gave us some really solid walkthroughs on some much more advanced integration with google drive through the use of integromat. I was pretty impressed with what we could achieve. The support team responded quite kindly from the request to find some code changes that might allow us to remove the external link from the embed views, but they have not actually addressed the issue with a solution.

Pros:

We came to airtable because we were looking for a solution to index the massive amounts of files in our google drive and make them SEARCHABLE by many different criteria. (We were frustrated that google drive, dropbox, etc did not use real TAGS - and even what they did offer was not searchable by our clients who are not logged in) Airtable blows everything I've found out of the water in terms of types of fields (from URLs to emails to multi-select text options, etc) linked records, dates, etc. And they are all wonderfully searchable and sortable. We also love the ability to link records, create forms, etc. In short- airtable gave us the ONLY solution we could find that also was at a price that was VERY reasonable.

Cons:

The embeddable PUBLIC view has a major problem for us (and MANY others if you read the forums) We CAME to airtable for this function of being able to give our customers an embedded view (in our website) of our tables. And I'm thrilled that it WORKS WELL. I'd love to give them a bit prettier options to sort and filter. (The functions work GREAT but non-savvy clients might take a while to figure it out) My main complaint - and a complaint of MANY airtable users on the forums - is that the "public view" has both a non-removable branding logo on the bottom of the embed (even in the highest paid tiers) and it ALSO has a non-removable "View larger version" link at the bottom of the embed. If you click the "View larger version" link... it opens up a new browser window and exposes the URL of the public view of the table. So if your content is SUPPOSED to be behind a paywall for your customers... they can now see the URL, copy it, bookmark it, cancel their subscription, and still have access to all of your content. Or they can share that URL with anyone else they want! Airtable has been asked to remove these from the embed window for years. Personally I don't care at all that the logo is there. But we REALLY need to remove the "View larger version" link. We would go with the 3rd party miniExtensions - their portals look GREAT - but unfortunately our platform at Mighty Networks does not accept their iframe embeds. (but it DOES work with airttable iframes!)

Wonderful solution to spreadsheets, needs more restrictive access, tech support needs improvement.

Comments: We can have many views of the same data in one place without duplicating the data. Each person can have their own view based on the data they need to see. The biggest benefit we've had is time saving and the ability to access this data anywhere, at any time.

Pros:

Last year I was on the search for a solution to replace XLS and found Airtable. Previously we were using microsoft xls, as we found even GoogleDocs didn't work for our purpose. We produce hundreds and up to thousands of products for one event and previously used xls to keep track of production and for by line item invoicing purposes. The ability to have all the data in one spreadsheet but then filter things out in a specific view that allows you to see only what you want is useful and makes it so you don't have to have multiple spreadsheets with the same data. For example we have an invoicing view, that's filtered easily to show costs. Then a post event inventory view where clients can see what they can use for next event. We also have a QC view where our team members can easily QC the product without all the unnecessary data in their view/way. We also use filters to easily show us what still needs to be approved and what is left to be produced for the event. It's a been a great way for us to manage large scale projects and our clients love it. Also, the fact that it has a phone app is helpful to us since we work events, we are constantly on the road traveling and not always at a computer. The ability to download the spreadsheets is simple also, so when I need to create an XLS file to accompany our invoice, this is simple and easy for me to do.

Cons:

The #1 priority for improvement that every Airtable user complains about is the lack of restrictive access. Access is "all or nothing" so if I give my clients "Read" access, they're only limited to one view and can't edit or note anything. If we give them "Edit" access they are able to edit anything in our entire database, including our pricing, so that doesn't work. We want, for example, a customer to be able to go and note/change info for one column and not be able to add/remove anything. For example they could go in and put "approved" for a line item that they approve for production, but can't change any cells not in that column. I'm not confident in their tech support at this time . Recently we had some data loss issues that created mass concern. We added data to specific cells in an existing spreadsheet, and the next day the data was gone. Airtable keeps record of any change in a cell and there was no record of us ever entering the data, like it never happened. We provided specific examples and their explanation of "packet loss" on our end makes zero sense. Based on data that we entered that day, we added a photo, then added a date, photo, then date... all the photos stuck, the dates did not, so it would mean that every other second a packet data loss happened? They still haven't given a suitable answer to this, and if you can't rely on the data you enter being there, that's made us think twice about moving to the paid version, which we were about to.

Felix
Felix
CEO in Australia
Accounting Software, 2–10 Employees

A Comprehensive Review of Airtable: Key Features, Common Critiques, and Overall Recommendation

Comments: Overall, I've found Airtable to be a powerful and flexible platform that has greatly improved my productivity as a small business owner. Its customizable fields and views, integration with other tools, and collaboration features have all been invaluable in helping me manage my work and stay organized.

Pros:

As a small business owner, there are several key features of Airtable that I have found particularly helpful in managing my work and staying organized.One of the standout features for me has been the ability to create custom fields and views. With Airtable, it's easy to create a database that is tailored to my specific needs, and the views feature allows me to see and interact with my data in a variety of different ways. This has been especially helpful in keeping track of important information, such as client details, project milestones, and team schedules.Another key feature that has been helpful is the integration with a wide range of other tools and platforms. I've been able to easily connect Airtable with my other work tools, such as my email client and project management software, which has made it much easier to manage my workload and stay organized.The collaboration features have also been very useful, as I've been able to share my databases with my team and work together on projects in real-time. This has greatly improved our efficiency and has allowed us to stay on top of our work even when we're not all in the same location.

Cons:

I have mixed feelings about Airtable. On the one hand, I have found the platform to be extremely helpful in organizing and managing my work. The customizable fields and views, integration with other tools, and collaboration features have all been invaluable in helping me stay on top of my workload and stay organized.However, there are a few common critiques that I have encountered as a user of the platform. One issue I've had is the limited free plan. While I appreciate that Airtable offers a free version of the platform, the limitations on the number of records and attachments can be a drawback for small businesses like mine that need to store a large amount of data.Another issue I've encountered is the complexity of the platform. While Airtable does offer a wide range of features, I've found it to be somewhat difficult to learn and use, especially for someone like me who is new to database management. The learning curve has been steep, and I've had to spend a lot of time trying to figure out how to use the various features and tools.Finally, I've been disappointed with the price of Airtable. It's a premium product, and it can be expensive compared to other database management tools on the market. As a small business owner, I have to be careful with my budget, and the cost of Airtable is a significant investment.

Rosalina
Executive Assistant/ Freelancer in Philippines
Insurance Software, 2–10 Employees

"Unlocking the Power of Data: An In-Depth Review of Airtable as a Project Management Tool"

Comments: In general, Airtable is a flexible and easy to understand project the executives device that offers a scope of customization choices and mix capacities. While there are a few impediments concerning detailing, computerization, and estimating, Airtable is major areas of strength for a for groups searching for an adaptable and cooperative undertaking the board arrangement. Likewise with any product, it's critical to painstakingly assess your choices and consider your particular business needs prior to pursuing a choice.

Pros:

Adaptable: Airtable is a profoundly adaptable instrument that can be utilized for a large number of uses, from project the executives to occasion arranging.Easy to understand: Airtable's UI is instinctive and simple to explore, making it open for colleagues with various degrees of specialized mastery.Adaptable: Airtable permits clients to alter the look and feel of the stage to suit their requirements, including the capacity to add custom fields and coordinate with different apparatuses.Joint effort: Airtable makes it simple for colleagues to team up on projects continuously, with the capacity to share tables and work together on undertakings.Combination: Airtable incorporates with numerous other programming devices, for example, Google Drive, Dropbox, and Slack, making it simple to smooth out work process.

Cons:

Restricted revealing: While Airtable offers essential announcing highlights, it very well may be restricted as far as cutting edge investigation and information representation.Expectation to learn and adapt: Airtable's broad elements and customization choices can carve out opportunity to learn, particularly for clients who are curious about information bases.Restricted robotization choices: Airtable offers some mechanization highlights, however more perplexing work processes might require extra instruments or custom prearranging.Evaluating: While Airtable offers a free arrangement, the paid plans can be costly for bigger groups or organizations with numerous clients.Portable application: While Airtable has a versatile application, it is less practical than the web rendition and can be challenging to use on a more modest screen.

Jordan
Co-Founder in US
Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

Airtable is a 10x product

Comments: In general, I'd recommend Airtable to anyone who quickly needs to gather data and manage it. Airtable makes it so easy it will start to feel like instinct.

Pros:

We use Airtable in two distinct ways that are critical to our business. The first is lead management. We track all our leads, the status of them, and any other relevant info in Airtable. This makes it easy for anyone to come in and see the status of a deal at any given time. The second way in which we use the product is for collecting data / surveying users. We are constantly talking to our users and trying to collect feedback on a regular cadence. Airtable has made it so easy to build a form and then manage / sort the responses in their tool. Filtering the data is just as important as collecting it to begin with, and I don't know another tool that makes it as easy as Airtable does.

Cons:

What will trip me up every now and then is Airtable's naming conventions in the product. It's not a deal breaker by any stretch but for anyone not already familiar with the product, it's confusing to explain to other stakeholders and makes onboarding take a bit longer than you might expect.