15 years helping Israeli businesses

About Airtable

Empower teams to build apps that connect the organization and drive outcomes—no code needed.

Learn more about Airtable

Pros:

It is easy to understand, configure, and use. Customer service is great.

Cons:

The UI is still slightly complicated, and I had a lot of trouble finding documentation on linked fields.

Airtable ratings

4.4
4.4
4.5
4.5

8.7/10

Airtable has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 1,956 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Airtable before?

Filter reviews (1,956)

Duncan
Duncan
Content Strategist in Australia
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Must-Have Blend of Spreadsheet and Database

Comments: Airtable is fantastic. I've made it a part of basically every publication and content hygiene process we have, and have recommended it to all our clients. If you work in marketing, this tool should definitely be at the top of your software stack.

Pros:

Airtable has been a genuinely game-changing piece of software for my business. I can't think of another tool that makes managing the content lifecycle so effortless. The way you can organise bases, set up automations, and easily manage everything from social media to email campaigns to content assets is exceptional, to the point where I've made it an integral part of our content processes with clients.

Cons:

Overall, Airtable is an excellent tool. If I was being picky, the two negatives that have stood out to me are the pricing (it gets quite expensive if you have multiple users working in a base) and the fact that it's not great at certain types of data management due to the way records work. You can't necessarily replicate everything you can do in Excel/Sheets here; it's much better as a way to track and manage assets than as a mathematical tool.

Retail, 2–10 Employees

Game changerl

4.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: Overall experience has been great to be honest

Pros:

This product has been a game changer for my company. Being an Ecommerce business with inventory and teams. It has made it easy to set up bases, automations, dashboard to track a lot. It has made order management so seamless for easy for my teamm less clutter and so many features that has helped the business. Love that I can create multiple bases.

Cons:

It has evolved over the years with their updates. But I think the dashboard can be better. They can definitely take a few features from clickup especially with things like tracking and notes.

Matthew
Digital media in UK
Environmental Services, 51–200 Employees

I think good for databases but found overwhelming for daily task use

3.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

I tried using Airtable for task management, and it's useful because you can customize it a lot. It's like mixing a spreadsheet with a database, which is great for keeping everything organized.

Cons:

I switched to Monday.com, it just clicked better for me. Monday.com makes it super easy to see who's doing what and by when, with those visual boards and automation features that cut down on the repetitive stuff. Plus, chatting and updating stuff directly in tasks? Super handy. So, for keeping my tasks and projects on track, Monday.com ended up being my go-to.

Kelly
Kelly
Design Engineering Manager in US
Computer Software, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Excellent application integration and fast database creation

Comments: Using Airtable, we are able to consolidate data for teams working in different locations, ensuring that everyone always has access to the most up-to-date information. I can organize and analyze seemingly impossible data on a spreadsheet with the help of Airtable, and I can even perform some really deep reasoning without knowing how to code.

Pros:

I appreciate the adaptability. With the help of drop-down menus, department-specific colors, and the ability to sort data by any number of criteria, I can easily organize my data into useful chunks. Though I'm only just getting started with Airtable, I'm enjoying my time with it and am looking forward to learning all there is to know about it.

Cons:

It can be cumbersome to keep track of which users have access to certain databases and tables, therefore you may prefer to use a different platform when communicating with stakeholders.

Joe
IT Consultant in France
Maritime, 11–50 Employees

Slight learning curve but rich featured database tool

5.0 last month New

Pros:

There is no database use case that Airtable is incapable of fulfilling. We had complex requirements for a custom shift tracking application, we were able to hire an Airtable developer and build out our tool exactly as required.

Cons:

- Calendar function could include more in-built functionality - More UI customisation options (icons, tab colours)

Vanessa
Principle in Canada
Program Development, 2–10 Employees

Airtable makes it all better

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: I have brought Airtable to countless organizations as a consultant and I highly recommend it for its reliability, easy of use, and flexibility.

Pros:

Airtable unlocked my ability to create and maintain high quality data, and use it immediately in a variety of other software appliations.

Cons:

No downsides to Airtable, however it could use more training on how to design data systems that can be shared when onboarding new colleagues

muskan
Customer operations in UK
Banking, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Amazing life saver tool, efficient and convenient

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: - I love the product, in the earlier days during the training, it seemed a bit difficult nut to crack but once you get hang of it, it is the best tool you will find for task managment.

Pros:

- It priorities tasks as per the requirements which makes it easy to work on the most important task in no time. - It tracks the progress and updates in the workflow. - Easy to use as using it daily for more than 8 months now.

Cons:

- A bit hectic when one could not close the task as we need to fills multiple forms to but it otherwise helps to update the task in the detailed manner so that it could be easy for the next person to understand the context. - sometimes act funny.

Saviour
MANAGER in Zambia
Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

Airtable is exactly what you need to start using.

4.0 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

It is Easy to organise and track information in my own way that i need.

Cons:

Slow loading and laggy interaction while i was working with large databases.

Sarah
Senior Project Manager in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11–50 Employees

Makes my job easier!

5.0 last week New

Pros:

I love the tag feature, and that you can see all communications in one thread.

Cons:

That you can't move a section from date to date.

Computer Games, 201–500 Employees

Airtable for Multiple iGames Data

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

Customizable View, and multiple view links that can be shared differently depending on who you want to provide the custom view

Cons:

none so far, been using Airtable for quite some time now, I would say I'm very much familiar on how to use it

Higher Education Software, 1,001–5,000 Employees

So close to perfect!

Comments: Overall I appreciate and enjoy my use of Airtable. I really like its capabilities for tracking projects and tasks. If it was FERPA compliant it would be my one-stop shop for project management at work!

Pros:

Airtable is fantastic for project management, especially if you need to share your work with others. I recently used Airtable for a week-long event at my workplace with many moving parts - several events per day, many catering contracts, many chaffeurs and cars to keep track of, etc. I love that Airtable gives you the option to categorize entries and sort by category. Using Airtable helped me keep track of all my tasks involved in coordinating the events. I also like how easily you can share it with others and work on it with others. The interface is clean and works well for me both on my desktop and tablet. The last thing I like most about this software is the ability to have an attachment field. When coordinating travel for myself and others, I appreciate being able to attach our flight itineraries, travel approvals, and any other important documents directly to the table. It's a great way to keep it all in one place.

Cons:

Airtable does have a bit of a learning curve that took me a while to navigate. I did not find their introductory templates or videos as helpful as I would have liked, so it took me longer than anticipated to get used to the software and really start using it on a daily basis. Lastly, I really wish Airtable was FERPA compliant. I work in higher education and so I cannot manage ALL my projects and tasks in Airtable, just the ones that don't involve student data. This splitting of softwares depending on which project I'm working on is kind of a pain and interrupts my work flow.

Shawn
Shawn
Owner in US
Photography, 2–10 Employees

Great Amalgamation of a Spreadsheet & Database

Comments: I have used AirTable in several areas of my life, but the best example is with a high school program I volunteer with. We have 150 students with 15 advisors, with over 100 data points, in 20 locations. Prior to AirTable, keeping track of everything was a nightmare. Something as simple as trying to contact a student involved either all advisors adding all 150 students into their phone contact list (and update every year) or calling the lead advisor who had to look through a stack of papers to find a number. With AirTable it was as simple as typing in their name and pressing their cell number which automatically dialed them up. I could go on and on about how much AirTable has changed the way I do many aspects of my business and personal life, this was just an example to show how easy it makes things.

Pros:

The fact that basically all database applications I tried were basically meant for enterprise-level businesses, and generally required a steep learning curve to even set up. I only needed basic database functionality, and to be able to easily edit single or groups of entries. AirTable solved this perfectly. Also, the team over there seem to be constantly adding on new functionality, which I see and realize that could solve problems I did not even realize I had. The best part is just how easy it is to use. I have some people on my team that are far from tech-savvy, and with a quick overview, they were even able to utilize it.

Cons:

Their forms have a bit to be desired, but that is mostly just the appearance when I send them out. Also when sorting and filtering, it requires 3 or so clicks, when I think they could make it one.

Denise
Denise
Marketing Specialist in US
Marketing & Advertising, 201–500 Employees

Airtable is a great collaborative project manager

Comments: My team and I like Airtable because it helps us keep track of all of our clients in one central location. My initial impression was that it wouldn't really make a difference in our regular operations, but now I see how wrong I was. With Airtable, users are able to work with many data types in a grid-based environment. It also facilitates the development of cloud-based apps that are easily integrated with other infrastructure.

Pros:

One of my favorite features is the ability to personalize each of my boards. Not only that, but I have the ability to work closely with my team by syncing and discussing our respective projects and making use of our shared notes. It's incredible how many wonderful things there are in the Universe. Airtable helps me plan out my monthly social media posts in advance. I'm able to keep on top of things and make timely social media posts because I plan ahead. My knowledge and experience have taught me to be more methodical and cooperative in my job.

Cons:

Every once in a while, things aren't as user-friendly as they could be. Sometimes I'll make my own template, but first I'll look at tens of others to get ideas. Be patient with the procedure; it will take some time to complete. Once set up, the interface is typically straightforward.

Laurène
Head of Customer Success in France
Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

Airtable is very powerful for building internal tool or back-offices, UX could be more user-friendly

Comments: We use Airtable in several ways:
- Internal ticketing system + reporting (works great)
- Custom apps for our customers, synced with our own software (back-office logic is great, end-user UX is not, we should have used a third-party app builder to make it more user-friendly)
- CRM extension (good for one-off analytics)
- Database for some automations using Make.com (having structured data really helps)
We are overall satisfied, we manage to do everything we want and integrate Airtable with our other software. We hope that Airtable Interfaces will get better, along with some improvements in formulas.

Pros:

Airtable is very powerful. It makes database logic accessible to non-developer profiles. Being able to view your data in so many different ways is great. Usecases are endless.

Cons:

I was disappointed by the inability to create easy-to-use apps for the final user. You can either share the entire database with them - which can be overwhelming - or cherry-pick views you want to share with them - which is impractical, especially because those views aren't editable. This makes Airtable great to build internal tools for tech-savvy teams, but in order to make it usable by other people you'll have to use a third-party app builder (Airtable will then be used as the database / back-office of your app). In addition to that, I sometimes get frustrated with some formulas, especially "datetime" formulas and recursive logic. These can become overly complicated in Airtable.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 2–10 Employees

Airtable is my new bestie. (Nonprofit)

Comments: The interface is beautiful, user friendly, and with the incredible variety of field types, powerful views and filters, you can accomplish almost anything in here. I used Sharepoint Lists and Microsoft Flow at a previous organization, and this is a million times better. What a beautiful piece of tech!

Pros:

This software is incredibly powerful, and once you get the hang of it, pretty simple to use. We are so grateful for the nonprofit discount, which makes it affordable for our organization. We're using it to manage grant applications and awards in tandem with other software such as Typeform, Gmail, Google Drive, and Slack. It has many powerful built in automation capabilities, and works very well with Zapier for even more power.

Cons:

Airtable can take some effort and training to learn and master, in order to use it to it's maximum capacity.

Brett
Brett
Lead Developer in US
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

Airtable is the Spreadsheet (and more) Application Everyone Needs

Comments: As I mentioned before, I am now using the application for QA and bug tracking, but have also used it for task tracking on collaborative projects I work on, which I've found to be really effective. I run my own business and am the only employee, so I don't need a full fledged project management solution and found this to be a great alternative when working with other companies that don't use one for web development, either. Since Airtable also provides different ways to view data (Grid, Form, Gallery, Calendar, Kanban) the ways in which this product can be used are infinite. There's even a mobile app!

Pros:

As an early adopter of Airtable, I've seen the program grow from a more functional and intuitive version of Excel to a full fledged application that can do anything from spreadsheet management to producing a CRM or project workflow. Initially, I used the application for QA and bug tracking, but now I use it for inventory for art I collect (I can even include photos for visual reference), lead tracking and generation, and a few other practical things. The more I use Airtable, the more I'm impressed with how much potential the application has to positively impact any business, organization, or individual.

Cons:

For first time users, it can be a bit intimidating, especially if checking out the application, casually. One great resource that Airtable introduced is Airtable Universe, which highlights and demonstrates working and real examples of how companies and industries are using Airtable to track deadlines, scheduling, and a slew of other use cases. I would recommend that as the starting point for any novice of the application or anyone interested in giving it a try.

Patricia
Patricia
Writer & Designer in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51–200 Employees

Game changer

Comments: Our team uses Airtable as a centralized location to track our project progress. We've even hacked it as a CRM on occasion, and used it for event planning, reporting--anything that requires you to organize lots of information in a standardized way. The resistance to using yet another platform was strong at first, but once we got into it, everyone has become an Airtable advocate.

Pros:

When a co-worker recommended Airtable, I was predictably skeptical. Who needs yet another spreadsheet software I said, with an internal (ok, maybe external) eye roll. But this is no mere spreadsheet platform. It is the only one you will ever need. Ever. Again. The functionality that make it worth it to switch from Excel or Google Sheets might seem insignificant when you look at them on a features list. Colored labels, grouping, filtering, view options, etc. But you have no idea what a big difference they make! Airtable makes it possible to put in all the data you have, but the key to its success is it lets you filter it down to only the essential information you need to see to make the decisions in front of you. It's the database that actually helps with decision-making. And the more I use it, the more uses I find for it!

Cons:

There are very few cons to Airtable. It's simple to use, and the potential is limitless. Once you start putting bases together, you just don't want to stop! One thing that is slightly non-intuitive is the relationship (or lack thereof) between different "tabs" of data. Read up on those before you go that route. You can also start getting out of hand pretty quickly with creating lots of different views, but nothing a little intentionality can't address. We trained our entire team on using Airtable for project management, and it's been the best decision we ever made.

Lindsey
Lindsey
Creative Services Manager in US
Consumer Services, 501–1,000 Employees

Professional Services Company use Airtable for "Smarketing" (Smart Marketing)

Comments: Our Marketing Team decided to move our overall planning from Excel to Airtable in early 2020. Our main issue with Excel was that it made collaboration difficult and clumsy. We wanted a solution that provided an easy way for our team to plan both our Marketing Calendar as a whole and individual events. Airtable has streamlined both. For our overall Marketing Calendar, Airtable has provided a solution that shows us all our upcoming events, projects, publications, etc. in an easy to visualize calendar. Our team members can add and move events as they are added and expand the records to include more detailed information. We can easily see what each team member is working on and when their projects are due. For our events, Airtable created a single source of truth for speakers, attendees, parties, etc. The ability to store documents such as contracts, PowerPoint documents, etc. within Airtable means that no one is searching their email for related documents. Airtable has saved us both time and effort and made collaboration a breeze.

Pros:

Airtable has made our Marketing planning efforts smarter. We love how easy it is to collaborate using this software. Each member of our team is able to easily add, update and expand on events and content they are working and everyone has a view of the team's goals as a whole. We also love now expanding and linking records gives us the ability to dive deeper into any one event / piece of content and learn more about the status. Finally, we love how easy it is to report on our activities from a bird's eye view or on a deeper level by exporting any of our tables and sharing with our executive team.

Cons:

The only con of this software is that we had a bit of learning curve when we got started. We had a few customizations on our old Excel model that we lacked, but we've since been able to get all our functionality back and more. We also struggled a bit with linking records and getting our tables to sort in a way that made the most since for us. Again, we've since solved all these issues and don't miss our old Excel model at all!

Sean
Owner in US
Performing Arts, 2–10 Employees

Love the loads of options! Hate the exposure of our content!

Comments: Our experience has been great outside the frustration of the exposure of the public view URL. We wouldn't be able to offer this portion of our services to our customers without a much more expensive custom solution. It was pretty intuitive to work with even some of the more advanced aspects of database creation. And the airtable community even gave us some really solid walkthroughs on some much more advanced integration with google drive through the use of integromat. I was pretty impressed with what we could achieve. The support team responded quite kindly from the request to find some code changes that might allow us to remove the external link from the embed views, but they have not actually addressed the issue with a solution.

Pros:

We came to airtable because we were looking for a solution to index the massive amounts of files in our google drive and make them SEARCHABLE by many different criteria. (We were frustrated that google drive, dropbox, etc did not use real TAGS - and even what they did offer was not searchable by our clients who are not logged in) Airtable blows everything I've found out of the water in terms of types of fields (from URLs to emails to multi-select text options, etc) linked records, dates, etc. And they are all wonderfully searchable and sortable. We also love the ability to link records, create forms, etc. In short- airtable gave us the ONLY solution we could find that also was at a price that was VERY reasonable.

Cons:

The embeddable PUBLIC view has a major problem for us (and MANY others if you read the forums) We CAME to airtable for this function of being able to give our customers an embedded view (in our website) of our tables. And I'm thrilled that it WORKS WELL. I'd love to give them a bit prettier options to sort and filter. (The functions work GREAT but non-savvy clients might take a while to figure it out) My main complaint - and a complaint of MANY airtable users on the forums - is that the "public view" has both a non-removable branding logo on the bottom of the embed (even in the highest paid tiers) and it ALSO has a non-removable "View larger version" link at the bottom of the embed. If you click the "View larger version" link... it opens up a new browser window and exposes the URL of the public view of the table. So if your content is SUPPOSED to be behind a paywall for your customers... they can now see the URL, copy it, bookmark it, cancel their subscription, and still have access to all of your content. Or they can share that URL with anyone else they want! Airtable has been asked to remove these from the embed window for years. Personally I don't care at all that the logo is there. But we REALLY need to remove the "View larger version" link. We would go with the 3rd party miniExtensions - their portals look GREAT - but unfortunately our platform at Mighty Networks does not accept their iframe embeds. (but it DOES work with airttable iframes!)

Wonderful solution to spreadsheets, needs more restrictive access, tech support needs improvement.

Comments: We can have many views of the same data in one place without duplicating the data. Each person can have their own view based on the data they need to see. The biggest benefit we've had is time saving and the ability to access this data anywhere, at any time.

Pros:

Last year I was on the search for a solution to replace XLS and found Airtable. Previously we were using microsoft xls, as we found even GoogleDocs didn't work for our purpose. We produce hundreds and up to thousands of products for one event and previously used xls to keep track of production and for by line item invoicing purposes. The ability to have all the data in one spreadsheet but then filter things out in a specific view that allows you to see only what you want is useful and makes it so you don't have to have multiple spreadsheets with the same data. For example we have an invoicing view, that's filtered easily to show costs. Then a post event inventory view where clients can see what they can use for next event. We also have a QC view where our team members can easily QC the product without all the unnecessary data in their view/way. We also use filters to easily show us what still needs to be approved and what is left to be produced for the event. It's a been a great way for us to manage large scale projects and our clients love it. Also, the fact that it has a phone app is helpful to us since we work events, we are constantly on the road traveling and not always at a computer. The ability to download the spreadsheets is simple also, so when I need to create an XLS file to accompany our invoice, this is simple and easy for me to do.

Cons:

The #1 priority for improvement that every Airtable user complains about is the lack of restrictive access. Access is "all or nothing" so if I give my clients "Read" access, they're only limited to one view and can't edit or note anything. If we give them "Edit" access they are able to edit anything in our entire database, including our pricing, so that doesn't work. We want, for example, a customer to be able to go and note/change info for one column and not be able to add/remove anything. For example they could go in and put "approved" for a line item that they approve for production, but can't change any cells not in that column. I'm not confident in their tech support at this time . Recently we had some data loss issues that created mass concern. We added data to specific cells in an existing spreadsheet, and the next day the data was gone. Airtable keeps record of any change in a cell and there was no record of us ever entering the data, like it never happened. We provided specific examples and their explanation of "packet loss" on our end makes zero sense. Based on data that we entered that day, we added a photo, then added a date, photo, then date... all the photos stuck, the dates did not, so it would mean that every other second a packet data loss happened? They still haven't given a suitable answer to this, and if you can't rely on the data you enter being there, that's made us think twice about moving to the paid version, which we were about to.

Felix
Felix
CEO in Australia
Accounting Software, 2–10 Employees

A Comprehensive Review of Airtable: Key Features, Common Critiques, and Overall Recommendation

Comments: Overall, I've found Airtable to be a powerful and flexible platform that has greatly improved my productivity as a small business owner. Its customizable fields and views, integration with other tools, and collaboration features have all been invaluable in helping me manage my work and stay organized.

Pros:

As a small business owner, there are several key features of Airtable that I have found particularly helpful in managing my work and staying organized.One of the standout features for me has been the ability to create custom fields and views. With Airtable, it's easy to create a database that is tailored to my specific needs, and the views feature allows me to see and interact with my data in a variety of different ways. This has been especially helpful in keeping track of important information, such as client details, project milestones, and team schedules.Another key feature that has been helpful is the integration with a wide range of other tools and platforms. I've been able to easily connect Airtable with my other work tools, such as my email client and project management software, which has made it much easier to manage my workload and stay organized.The collaboration features have also been very useful, as I've been able to share my databases with my team and work together on projects in real-time. This has greatly improved our efficiency and has allowed us to stay on top of our work even when we're not all in the same location.

Cons:

I have mixed feelings about Airtable. On the one hand, I have found the platform to be extremely helpful in organizing and managing my work. The customizable fields and views, integration with other tools, and collaboration features have all been invaluable in helping me stay on top of my workload and stay organized.However, there are a few common critiques that I have encountered as a user of the platform. One issue I've had is the limited free plan. While I appreciate that Airtable offers a free version of the platform, the limitations on the number of records and attachments can be a drawback for small businesses like mine that need to store a large amount of data.Another issue I've encountered is the complexity of the platform. While Airtable does offer a wide range of features, I've found it to be somewhat difficult to learn and use, especially for someone like me who is new to database management. The learning curve has been steep, and I've had to spend a lot of time trying to figure out how to use the various features and tools.Finally, I've been disappointed with the price of Airtable. It's a premium product, and it can be expensive compared to other database management tools on the market. As a small business owner, I have to be careful with my budget, and the cost of Airtable is a significant investment.

Rosalina
Executive Assistant/ Freelancer in Philippines
Insurance Software, 2–10 Employees

"Unlocking the Power of Data: An In-Depth Review of Airtable as a Project Management Tool"

Comments: In general, Airtable is a flexible and easy to understand project the executives device that offers a scope of customization choices and mix capacities. While there are a few impediments concerning detailing, computerization, and estimating, Airtable is major areas of strength for a for groups searching for an adaptable and cooperative undertaking the board arrangement. Likewise with any product, it's critical to painstakingly assess your choices and consider your particular business needs prior to pursuing a choice.

Pros:

Adaptable: Airtable is a profoundly adaptable instrument that can be utilized for a large number of uses, from project the executives to occasion arranging.Easy to understand: Airtable's UI is instinctive and simple to explore, making it open for colleagues with various degrees of specialized mastery.Adaptable: Airtable permits clients to alter the look and feel of the stage to suit their requirements, including the capacity to add custom fields and coordinate with different apparatuses.Joint effort: Airtable makes it simple for colleagues to team up on projects continuously, with the capacity to share tables and work together on undertakings.Combination: Airtable incorporates with numerous other programming devices, for example, Google Drive, Dropbox, and Slack, making it simple to smooth out work process.

Cons:

Restricted revealing: While Airtable offers essential announcing highlights, it very well may be restricted as far as cutting edge investigation and information representation.Expectation to learn and adapt: Airtable's broad elements and customization choices can carve out opportunity to learn, particularly for clients who are curious about information bases.Restricted robotization choices: Airtable offers some mechanization highlights, however more perplexing work processes might require extra instruments or custom prearranging.Evaluating: While Airtable offers a free arrangement, the paid plans can be costly for bigger groups or organizations with numerous clients.Portable application: While Airtable has a versatile application, it is less practical than the web rendition and can be challenging to use on a more modest screen.

Rafael Antonio
Rafael Antonio
Building engineering in Spain
Construction Software, Self Employed

The first of its class

Comments: It is really great. Consistence is maintained across the months and I didn’t experienced any data corruption or problems. User activity debugging is really fast and easy too.

Pros:

The interface and ease of use are unbeatable, so much so that the competition does what it can to copy it.On the other hand, the speed and ease of maintenance makes it incredible for handling a large amount of data: filtering, automation, etc.

Cons:

The price is incredible high for managing a small business but the free tier is enough for most of the tasks.

Jordan
Co-Founder in US
Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

Airtable is a 10x product

Comments: In general, I'd recommend Airtable to anyone who quickly needs to gather data and manage it. Airtable makes it so easy it will start to feel like instinct.

Pros:

We use Airtable in two distinct ways that are critical to our business. The first is lead management. We track all our leads, the status of them, and any other relevant info in Airtable. This makes it easy for anyone to come in and see the status of a deal at any given time. The second way in which we use the product is for collecting data / surveying users. We are constantly talking to our users and trying to collect feedback on a regular cadence. Airtable has made it so easy to build a form and then manage / sort the responses in their tool. Filtering the data is just as important as collecting it to begin with, and I don't know another tool that makes it as easy as Airtable does.

Cons:

What will trip me up every now and then is Airtable's naming conventions in the product. It's not a deal breaker by any stretch but for anyone not already familiar with the product, it's confusing to explain to other stakeholders and makes onboarding take a bit longer than you might expect.

Animation Software, 11–50 Employees

fantastic solution for information-oriented project management

Pros:

* lends itself well to building information tracking resources * simple data-driven layout * scalable project areas my operations team uses airtable to manage a lot of information flow and have converted complex tracking resources into the airtable format. the fact that we now utilize the app for a lot of these solutions is a testament to its immediate strengths. i enjoy how airtable doesn't necessarily force me into any specific workflow, which has been the major reason why other project management solutions don't work--everyone has a different philosophy around project management.

Cons:

* pricing model * learning curve * communication management * lack of certain standard features there are a lot of glaring pain points that my team encounters on a weekly basis which makes airtable, not necessarily the perfect solution but rather the best we've found so far. first off, airtable is too expensive for my company based specifically on their pricing model. to note, airtable charges per user per workspace. each member of my team manages specific projects related to a different area of the business. for ease of organization, we have a separate airtable workspace built to accomodate each employee. for example, we have a workspace for finance projects and a workspace for customer support projects. from a visual project management standpoint, this makes the most sense. sometimes our finance manager will need to engage and comment on a project base going on in the customer support workspace and vice versa. this engagement occurs daily. if you're a single user, incredibly small team or your company is client-based (where these costs would go into your billing), airtable's pricing model may not be much of a hinderance. there is a high learning curve when you get started. this is about a week of tutorials and deep-diving into the app. a lot of this time was spent modifying personal workflows to best utilize airtable. after that week of hair-pulling and a lot of cursing at our computer screens everything immediately became easier. one strong flaw in airtable is its team communication solutions. you have the ability to run comment strings on individual data rows, but an overall tab dedicated to general discussion would be immensely helpful to streamline discussion and reduce the amount of hunting/pecking for information. for a project management solution, airtable is fairly weak at offering seemingly standard task management features like scheduled notifications and workback timelines. after enough online digging, you can sometimes stumble upon a "good enough" solution. on this subject, archiving is not at all available, which is one of the more "seriously?" missing features.