TutorCruncher Reviews

4.6 (152) Write a Review!

About TutorCruncher

Tutoring business management software that offers timesheets, scheduling, payroll, invoicing, and tutor-student matching capabilities.

Learn more about TutorCruncher

Pros:

Cons:

Editing repeating lessons can be confusing and unintuitive.

TutorCruncher ratings

4.3
4.7
4.5
4.6

9.0/10

TutorCruncher has an overall rating of 4.6 out 5 stars based on 152 user reviews on Capterra.

Sort by

Have you used TutorCruncher before?

Jason
Jason
Education Management, 11-50 Employees

A must for all tutoring businesses

Comments: Life-changing. Seriously. Before this we were with Learnspeed and it was far less user-friendly and we were spending more.

Pros:

It looks so professional to all our customers. All our tutors easily understand how to use it without nearly any training. Customers are very comfortable logging in and giving us their CC. Overall, just fantastic.

Cons:

Every once in awhile I'll come across a missing feature. I then need to create a personal bot for our company that makes up for it. For example, it lacks PayPal integration for paying our teachers/tutors.

3 years ago

What a great review, Jason. We're really thankful for your feedback! I hope the benefits continue to rack up for your company, there are also some big improvements coming in the next few weeks as to how we can pay out to your tutors via TutorCruncher. We'll let you know as those improvements go live!

Bonile
Managing Director in South Africa
Education Management, 2-10 Employees

Fantastic software, and great support!

4.0 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

Easy to implement and use for everyone in teams. It saves my time by proving a database management feature, automated personalized emails and other useful resources.

Cons:

My website is made from templates and not through web development, so I am unable to intergrade other important features like white labelling the software. It makes it hard to win prospects but once won everything goes smoothly.

last week

Hi Bonile, Thanks for the great review! We're happy to hear the platform has helped you save time with your business

Vicky
Owner in Netherlands
Education Management, Self Employed

Good quality software

Comments: Good! Apart from the two improvements I wrote about, I love TutorCruncher and I think you did a great job at building it.

Pros:

The number of options available and the fact that it simply works. Other types of software don't always work, so I was happy to see TutorCruncher does what it is supposed to do. I like the number of options and the client-student system works really well, as does the invoicing.

Cons:

Two things: 1) The software does not work intuitively. Options are difficult to find and are not where a client expects them to be. I'd advise you to work with someone who knows about customer experience in software and who is willing to update the software with your customer in mind. As a client, the software has clearly been designed by someone who is good at building software, but who is not specialised in customer experience. 2) Translations. These options are horrible. There are many words one can translate in TutorCruncher, but once I did, the original English terms appeared on the invoices, still. When I asked about this, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] told me the translations are just there 'for you'. For me? I don't get why it works like this. I'd advise you to either a) make sure the translated terms appear throughout TutorCruncher as well as - most importantly! - on the invoice to the client's customers, so that the client won't have to build a new invoice using Moustache. And b), I'd also be interested to work with you to translate the software to Dutch or other European languages. In that way, your clients won't have to translate at all, and it will provide you with the opportunity to start selling the software here in the Netherlands (as there is no Dutch software available atm).

2 years ago

Hi Vicky, Thanks so much for your review! It is really great to hear that you are enjoying using our system. With regards to the translation part of our system, there seems to be a bit of confusion. Our translations work for end users only (clients, tutors, student), which is why you will not be be able to see these changes on your admin profile. We are always working to improve our system, so we would be very happy to get in touch with you and get a bit more feedback about what we could do to improve our translations and the easy of use of the system! Please feel free to write us a quick email.

Joanne
Director and Teacher in UK
Education Management, 2-10 Employees

I wish I'd signed up sooner.

Comments: We have found the customer service team really helpful in enabling us to role out the use of Tutor Cruncher slowly as we were very nervous we could end up in a digital muddle.

Pros:

I had been aware of Tutor Cruncher for over a year but thought it was expensive at first. Eventually, I found myself and my admin spending hours on tasks that were not bringing in any revenue and decided to look into it further. We took the plunge and have never looked back. Tutor Cruncher is literally saving us hours of administration time every month meaning that we can spend more time matching our clients and tutors together. The Client Pipeline feature is fantastic for tracking leads. We were losing leads before due to not having the time to do follow ups. We've also saved money in not having to have a separate mailing system to keep our clients up to date with new products and offers. If you were like us, wondering how it could make a difference, give the free one month trial a go before you get so busy chasing paper.

Cons:

I'd love to see an improvement on being able to create sub sets of files in the uploaded documents section.

last month

Thanks for the lovely review Joanne! We're delighted to hear the platform has helped you allocate your time efficiently. We look forward to continue working with you in the future :)

Tim
Owner in Canada

A Reliable Teaching CRM

Comments: Positive and overall helpful and needed for day-to-day operations of my business.

Pros:

It seems to be built by someone with experience in tutoring or teaching. It has everything needed to manage clientele with some areas that could be expanded for more expansive use.

Cons:

The inability to integrate several payment options like Paypal, amazon, etc. And not being able to pay in my currency (CAD).

7 months ago

Hi Tim, Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! It's great to hear that TutorCruncher has helped with the day-to-day operations of your agency. We are excited to continue working with you in the future! :)

Mohammed
Centre Manager in UK

Quick feedback

Comments: It has helped us grow as a business

Pros:

Very comprehensive set of features, ease by which you can scale a business with Tutor Cruncher

Cons:

SMS flexibility, the ability to email specific jobs etc

last month

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review Mohammed! We hope the platform will continue to help your business grow in the future :)

Pascal
Owner in France
Education Management, 51-200 Employees

Tutoring software review

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: Overall experience is really good. The support team is always available and very responsive. And for the price, TutorCruncher is an amazing investment. All the other softwares that I found online were way more expensive, either charging based on the number of tutors, or wouldn't have all the functions needed. I found that TutorCruncher was the best because it had all the functions I was looking for being a tutoring company with booking, scheduling, tracking, and accounting all becoming automated. It is an amazing software for tutoring companies.

Pros:

The best part of TutorCruncher is the accounting. The automatic charging of clients through card payments, along with the auto generated invoice works really well. Clients only have to put in their card once, and after they are automatically charged by the system. The mass emails also is great because it eliminates tedious emails to clients that one would have to send manually, and keeps clients in the loop/up to date. The tracking of how much each tutor needs to be paid works really well so tutors can be paid at the end of the week/month, or whatever time frame.

Cons:

The integration was a little difficult, just making sure everyone adjusted to a new system with accounts and booking lessons. It was a big change. However, it is totally worth it because once you transition totally to TutorCruncher, it works really well on a large scale. There are some bugs in the software that can be annoying, but TutorCruncher's customer service is very helpful in resolving issues.

last week

Hi Pascal, Thanks for taking the time to leave us such a detailed review! Glad to hear the accounting features within the platform have helped manage your business. We look forward to continue working with you in the future.

COO in US

Great Customer Service and a Robust Management Platform

5.0 last week New

Comments: It has helped as scale and we implemented it at a critical point of growth for our company.

Pros:

For the most part, it was the most intuitive software we tested. It is not overly sexy or elegant, but it is robust and customizable while being user-friendly. The team is also very helpful and responsive.

Cons:

As I mentioned, there is some room for growth in elegance and feeling like a high-end product from the client experience. From an admin perspective, it is excellent and gets the job done. No regrets about choosing to go with them.

Adolfo
CEO in Guatemala
Education Management, 2-10 Employees

Great software for tutor management

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: Tutorcruncher is easy to use. It has made our scheduling process easier and also helped us to keep our receivables up to date. Customers no longer receive classes they haven’t paid for.

Pros:

We are a tutoring company with several tutors on payroll. Tutorcruncher has made easier the management of the tutoring and scheduling process. Scheduling is very easy and keeps informed of any changes all parties involved. The ability to send a quick lesson report after each lesson is great. I love that customers can give us feedback and leave reviews easily.

Cons:

Videoconferencing and video recording is expensive on Tutorcruncher ‘s platform.

last week

Hi Adolfo, Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! Great to hear the platform has made your scheduling process that bit easier.

Christopher

Tutoring Pros

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

The ease of use. You can have parent book session and have a tutoring program that works autonomously.

Cons:

The payment system has confused son of my clients between credit request and paying for a session.

last week

Hi Christopher, Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! Happy to hear that you have found the platform easy to use

Amber
CEO in Canada
Education Management, 11-50 Employees

Tutor Cruncher Does The Crunching So We Don’t Need To!

Comments: Overall, while there are always learning curves for all, Tutor Cruncher's team has worked seamlessly with our team to ensure that the transition and daily use is smooth. I, personally, appreciate that I can gather questions from my team and take them to the Tutor Cruncher team and we can dialogue about them. This communication makes for an amazing working relationship!

Pros:

As we grew as a Tutoring Agency, it was great to have a system that already had thought of how such a business operates so that the transition could be seamless for our team and our customers.

Cons:

As with any software, there are improvements that with time can be expected. Our tutoring team would love there to be a built-in spell check for reports and outgoing emails!

last month

Hi Amber, Thanks for taking the time to leave us such a nice review! Glad you're enjoying the platform :)

Ronshea
CEO in US
Education Management, 2-10 Employees

Amazing customer support and system overall!

Comments: The business is simply much easier to manage with TutorCruncher! Everything is basically all in one place and affordable for a startup company! Most importantly, TutorCruncher continues to upgrade and implement new innovative features which are key to keeping up with and staying ahead of the ever-evolving tutoring industry. Thanks, TutorCruncher for being the best in the game!

Pros:

I can't stress how pleased I am with the TutorCruncher system. We are a fairly new tutoring company and this tutor management system has allowed us to present our company in a very professional way. From the tutor profile listings on our website, email reminders, one-click links (LessonSpace) down to the Transfer Wise payment / Accounting system, we are very happy with how we were able to create and integrate the system and make it our own.

Cons:

There was a bit of a learning curve at first, but the videos help out a great deal. Batch scheduling can be super time-consuming. I wish there was a way to import an excel spreadsheet of client/student's name, date, and times especially if it's the same students and times for the entire school year. It would be great to offer the learning path, electronic assignments, and test because it would save us time and resources from having to go out of the TutorCruncher software for those necessary features.

7 months ago

Hi Ronshea, Thank you so much for your lovely review! It's great to hear that the platform has helped your new tutoring company. We are excited to continue working with you in the future! :)

Ajla
Head of Marketing and Recruitment in UK
E-Learning, 2-10 Employees

Best software

Comments: I just love it. Its a great software with so many features that you can make use of

Pros:

I came across Tutorcruch software in January 20, i wished i had come across before. I just love this system. Because of how smart it is, it has allowed me to develop new product and services

Cons:

The coding part, but since i have passed all details to my IT officer who helps me with everything.

2 years ago

Hi Ajla, Thank you so much for your review! We are also very excited that you chose to use TutorCruncher and are enjoying it see much. We look forward to continuing to work with you!

Alexander
Education Management, 2-10 Employees

Infinitely valuable tool for a small-medium sized tutoring business

Pros:

Sockets provide out-of-box integration with our own cloud-based platform and CRM Everything from billing, merchant services, tutor matching, online whiteboard integration is provided by TutorCruncher Simple job/lessons workflow Easy customizable forms and workflows

Cons:

Socket needs to be better documented and provide more customization Hosting option is too expensive Should provide customer support in US timezones

2 years ago

Hi Alexander, Great to see that you're getting a lot out of TutorCruncher so far! Your pro list and benefits cover a lot of the points we're really proud of, so we're chuffed about that. I've made a note for us to work harder on upgrading the Socket documentation, and tech support from a US timezone is on the way too. Thanks again, Fionn

Lizbeth

Highly Recommend

Pros:

TutorCruncher is a wonderful Tutoring Platform for any size business. I own a small tutoring business and this has been a reliable resource the company uses every day. The organization and layout of the client and student information is great. Tracking of lessons, reporting, and invoicing features are vital and are presented in a user-friendly way. There are many options to integrate other great platforms such as Zoom for virtual lessons. Additionally, the customization features are extensive. Overall, exceptional.

Cons:

Starting out with this platform can be a bit rough. The categorization and functionality are challenging to get used to at first. However, there is a magnificent support team including [SENSITIVE CONTENT] that guides a new user through the platform and how to get the most out of it, also troubleshoot any concerns.

10 months ago

Hi Lizbeth, Thank you so much for your lovely review! It's great to hear that TutorCruncher has helped your tutoring agency & the switch hasn't been too difficult. We are excited to continue working with you in the future! :)

CEO in Canada
E-Learning, 2-10 Employees

Very good tutoring management platform - has some downsides but overall I highly recommend it

Comments: TutorCruncher has been and still is a very good solution to my tutor management needs. My company relies on TC as a sign-up and login portal, making it super convenient and easy to professionally manage tutors and the tutoring itself, and appear professional too, all without doing much work!

Pros:

It is easy to use and appears professional to most people, has lots of automaticity in-built you don't need to set up yourself.

Cons:

Overall the UX design is a little confusing and looks a bit outdated, and the support staff take a while to get back to you (but not that long, just not instant).

2 years ago

Hi, Thanks so much for getting in touch! We are very happy to hear that you are enjoying our platform. We are always looking for ways to improve and update our system, so we will be sure to pass your suggestions from changes regarding UX and other areas onto our team!

Pippa
Director in UK

Changed my company dramatically

Comments: It’s a fantastic product, with fantastic support. I can’t believe anyone would sign up to Tutorcruncher and regret it.

Pros:

It saves you hiring an admin person. It streamlined invoicing. With TutorCruncher running in the background, you can focus all your efforts into building your company and making it better. I was pretty nervous as a CRM is such a vital aspect of the business and difficult to change once started. But I never looked backed after.

Cons:

The only real Con for me, is that it’s designed for an agency. So has all the features you would expect for self employed tutors. My tutoring business is a company and everyone is paid by PAYE, I wish I could turn all the self employed features off. Eg, the amount Tutorcruncher tells tutors that have earth, is not what they get in their wages. Also I wish it had a feature that could collect the millage to make a our tutors milage claims automated. But that is just wishful thinking.

2 years ago

Hi Pippa, What an absolutely lovely review, thanks so much! You're absolutely right that CRM is a massive business decision so really happy you're confident that you made the right choice with us! I'll have a conversation with our team today to see if there's a way we could better account for income taxes like PAYE. Tutor mileage claims is definitely an ambition too (maybe something to release alongside the app), we'll continue brainstorming it on our end. Thanks again Pippa, stay well and I'm sure we'll be chatting again soon. Best, Fionn

Facilitator in South Africa

Good software with a range of possibilities, though it takes some getting used to.

Comments: Managing tutors' hours is much easier and saves the business valuable time.

Pros:

The wide rang of incorporated functions is valuable to businesses. The ease of logging tutors' worked hours and payroll saves time and effort. The administrators can easily see the current statistics of the business, giving necessary insights. The weekly updates on jobs that have gone cold are great for keeping track of which tutoring jobs are still taking place and which have stagnated. The software also offers payment options which regrettably are not compatible with all international banking institutions. Multiple user options on a single account makes it simple to manage clients, students and tutors. The client/user support is fantastic!

Cons:

The software is not intuitive to use and takes a while to get used to. The process feels as though it should be streamlined a bit as there is a lot of clicking involved. The back buttons on some of the pages do not work and do not take a user back to the previous page.

4 years ago

Hello there, thanks for taking the time to leave us a great review. We are glad that tutorcruncher helps your business to manage different functions and is easy to use for you and your users. We are happy that you can easily see the current company statistics day by day, it definitely helps you to have a overview of your business at all times. If we can further simplify the step-by-step processes in TutorCrucher, then we¿ll be in a very good place overall. Thanks again for your feedback!

Stanley
Owner in Canada
Education Management, 2-10 Employees

A well developed platform with continuous improvement and new features.

Comments: I guess I am most impressed at the fact that they have good client service that generally get back to your problems within 24 hours. Also they continue to develop and perfect the software, making it more and more suitable for my need. They even developed a video conference integration themselves to resolve the program I have with other integrations. Best part it, its free of charge (I hope it stay this way).

Pros:

TutorCruncher offers basically everything my tutoring business needed. From CRM, teacher/client database, website implementation, and online classes. It also have payment integration too, but since I collect my fee from other means, I didn't really get to use that, but its available.

Cons:

I use it to provide service to Chinese customers. The translation process is available, but not automated. I essentially have to translate things one by one. Also, it doesn't let me or the user to switch between languages. So I had to put in both English and Chinese at the same time for users. Works, but made the interface messy.

2 years ago

Hi Stanley, It is really great to hear that you have had a good experience with TutorCruncher. Thank you for your review! We are always working to improve our system, so we will make sure the devs take a look at your suggestion for improving translations!

Sarah
Chief Operations Officer in UK

Impacting our productivity

Comments: The team at TutorCruncher are responsive and provide support in a variety of ways. Their knowledge base is really user friendly and the team members themselves have consistently made themselves available to provide specific support and respond to queries as we have made them. I very much appreciate the collaborative approach, particularly in relation to the development of new features and system improvements.

Pros:

TutorCruncher has made a significant difference to our activity as a business - a range of functions that have really helped us to centralise information, run and provide analytics for a range of stakeholders and have robust records for delivery, client payments and tutor payments etc. Functionality such as the creation of enrolment forms that can be embedded onto our webpages has improved customer experience significantly.

Cons:

There are some nuances to the software that we didn't necessarily appreciate the value of in our initial set up phase, which we are now backtracking on! It would be great to have the 'availability' function track across all branches within the organisation so that branch managers can see the full picture of tutor availability. Similarly, it would be great if there could be a process of cloning/duplicating JOBS - this would be a major timesaver for the way that we use the system currently.

last month

Hi Sarah, Thank you so much for your lovely review! We are excited to continue working with you in the future! :)

Rory
Managing Director in UK

Great piece of software

Comments: The Profs started using TutorCruncher about half way through our first year of operations, and since then, we haven't looked back. TutorCruncher has freed up a significant amount of administrative time, allowing us to put our time and energy into business growth. It has allowed our company to scale smoothly, and the TutorCruncher team have been open to taking onboard our suggests for changes and extra features to support our business growth. Very happy with the product.

Pros:

Smooth integration of all aspects of the business. Easy to use for our contractors, clients, and in house team. Fantastic billing system, integrated with online payment companies for very swift payment turnaround.

Cons:

We have dealt with the occasional bug and teething issue, but these are solved very quickly by their in house team.

5 years ago

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a great review, Rory. We are very pleased with the impact you feel our services have had on The Profs, particularly in terms of scalability and growth opportunities that TutorCruncher has helped provide. We are grateful for your prudent and effective suggestions for improving the system and are always happy to continue developing our services in line with the needs of successful businesses like yours. Thanks again, Rory!

Lisa
Director in UK
Education Management, Self Employed

Outstanding experience

Comments: Adds credibility to our agency by using a professional software.

Pros:

The customer support is unparalleled; the live chat service enables us to reach out to the team should we need help at any point. However, the software has been well designed and optimises the user's experience so it's not often we need to do so.

Cons:

Not much can be said at this point. Perhaps I could suggest an extra feature; there could be a list of subjects that tutors can manually "select" so that we can reach out to tutors who tutor this specific subject instead of sending out mass broadcasts. Similarly, if there are students who are studying a particular subject / level, perhaps there could be a way of categorising this so that we could send valuable content via email marketing.

5 years ago

Thank you for the fantastic review, Lisa. We are glad that the team at Telios Tutors find the system well designed and easy to use, in the event that you might need any support it is always forthcoming! In terms of your email marketing, you can create and apply custom labels to your users so that when you send out broadcasts you can target specific users.

Michelle
Michelle
Director in Australia

Tutorcruncher has literally made my administration so much easier.

Comments: Time is money and this software saves me heaps of time. It has also increased my business's capacity to grow without me having to employ another administration person.

Pros:

- easy to track jobs and lessons - turned my paper lesson reports into electronic ones - empowers my tutors and clients - time sheets are managed once tutors mark a lesson complete - compared to their competition, price versus features is unbeatable - great support. The guys at Tutorcruncher area always very responsive and they are on the other side of the world for me

Cons:

- Credit requests and invoicing is done a little bit different from how I used to do it and required a change to my internal business processes. If there is an amount still owing on a credit request, I'd like to see that marked as transferred to the invoice when the invoice supersedes that credit request - I don't use it to track tutor pay because our Australian casual employment pay rates are too difficult to implement. I simply export tutor hours and manually enter into Xero's payroll.

4 years ago

Hello Michelle, thanks for the fantastic feedback! We are delighted that TutorCruncher has helped you streamline your company's services and that you have made the most of our lesson report. We are proud to know that we provide effective support even if we are on the other side of the ocean! We are working to improve the credit requests. Thanks again Michelle.

Jelena
Australia
, 51-200 Employees

Loving our new operating system !!

Comments: Tutorcruncher is FANTASTIC and is a refreshing change from the old system we were using.
The features (although we have not fully utilised all of them yet) are fantastic and as we explore the system we are excited to use more and more of the handy features available.
Sam from the support team has been a godsend when it comes to promptly answering any (and I mean any! silly as they may be sometimes) question and problem in detail. Despite the time difference between us in Sydney (Australia) and him in the UK he is always reachable.
Overall the staff and clients are thrilled with tutor cruncher and what it has to offer.

Pros:

It is user-friendly. contains all the information in one spot. the support is fantastic and it is accessible by the clients.

Cons:

a few minor issues like limited information on reports; I would like to be able to print client balance information. Navigating from Payment order back to the list sometimes requires a few too many clicks. Admin should be able to edit lesson charges and change the lesson status once it has been completed, cancelled or even deleted (possibly have levels of admin where the highest level has the permission to change this)

5 years ago

Hi Jelena, thank you for leaving us a fantastic review. We are really pleased that you have got so much value out of TutorCruncher since you moved over. There is still plenty more for you to take advantage of I am sure, so we look forward to continuing to help you get the most out of our services. Thanks again!

Chase
Program Manager in US

Tutorcruncher is definitely an improvement from our previous software for tracking employee hours.

Pros:

It is very user friendly! My staff required very little training to learn how to use and implement it. Same with clients once they are sent the link to create their profile they are able to do it with ease as I haven't heard one complaint. Also, automatic package tracking is such a bonus with Tutorcruncher! I also appreciate that you can customize reports for sessions by targeting specific areas for feedback that our tutors and coaches fill out. This helps us increase our quality of service.

Cons:

When adding new appointments using the calendar, I wish you could double click on a day to then be prompted to create a new `lesson on the day clicked on. This would further increase efficiency when inputting schedules. It would also be great to be able to mark lessons complete with ease directly from the calendar page. Another thing is deleted appointments it would be great to more easily recover them than having to search through ALL previously deleted lessons; ideally I'd like to go to the job, see the deleted lesson, then click recover to bring the lesson back while I still have the job opened up. Last piece of feedback would be to create more filters (like searching jobs using a tutor filter).

4 years ago

Hello Chase, thank you for taking the time to leave us a great review. It makes us happy to know that TutorCruncher is easy to use and even your tutors have no problems in managing and planning lessons with many students. The same happens to clients, once the profile is created they can receive invoices and pay quickly. In this way you can manage your tutoring efficiently and professionally. Thanks for your review!