• Overall

About TutorCruncher

Tutoring business management software that offers timesheets, scheduling, payroll, invoicing, and tutor-student matching capabilities.

Learn more about TutorCruncher

Product Rating

Product Rating

Usage

Sort by

Have you used TutorCruncher before?

Ajla D.
Head of Marketing and Recruitment in UK

Best software

5 last year

Comments: I just love it. Its a great software with so many features that you can make use of

Pros:

I came across Tutorcruch software in January 20, i wished i had come across before. I just love this system. Because of how smart it is, it has allowed me to develop new product and services

Cons:

The coding part, but since i have passed all details to my IT officer who helps me with everything.

Alternatives Considered: Blackboard Learn

Reasons for Choosing TutorCruncher: I wanted a software where i am able to see everything i am doing and in addition i can look at my clients progress

Switched From: 10to8

Reasons for Switching to TutorCruncher: More friendly for younger students

last year

Hi Ajla, Thank you so much for your review! We are also very excited that you chose to use TutorCruncher and are enjoying it see much. We look forward to continuing to work with you!

Alexander K.
Owner in US
Education Management, 2-10 Employees

Infinitely valuable tool for a small-medium sized tutoring business

5 2 years ago

Pros:

Sockets provide out-of-box integration with our own cloud-based platform and CRM Everything from billing, merchant services, tutor matching, online whiteboard integration is provided by TutorCruncher Simple job/lessons workflow Easy customizable forms and workflows

Cons:

Socket needs to be better documented and provide more customization Hosting option is too expensive Should provide customer support in US timezones

Alternatives Considered: Oases Online

Reasons for Choosing TutorCruncher: Tutorcruncher has a better integration option with my website and CRM system More customization options available Better integration with billing and merchant services The smaller company provides better tech support and a more personal experience

Switched From: Teachworks

Reasons for Switching to TutorCruncher: Same as above

2 years ago

Hi Alexander, Great to see that you're getting a lot out of TutorCruncher so far! Your pro list and benefits cover a lot of the points we're really proud of, so we're chuffed about that. I've made a note for us to work harder on upgrading the Socket documentation, and tech support from a US timezone is on the way too. Thanks again, Fionn

CEO in Canada
E-Learning, 2-10 Employees

Very good tutoring management platform - has some downsides but overall I highly recommend it

4 last year

Comments: TutorCruncher has been and still is a very good solution to my tutor management needs. My company relies on TC as a sign-up and login portal, making it super convenient and easy to professionally manage tutors and the tutoring itself, and appear professional too, all without doing much work!

Pros:

It is easy to use and appears professional to most people, has lots of automaticity in-built you don't need to set up yourself.

Cons:

Overall the UX design is a little confusing and looks a bit outdated, and the support staff take a while to get back to you (but not that long, just not instant).

Alternatives Considered: Teachable

Reasons for Switching to TutorCruncher: Because it has much more features and an overall solid 'build' - everything you need is there and overall well laid out, for an affordable price. As long as you don't compete with my business in Canada (lol), I recommend using TutorCruncher.

last year

Hi, Thanks so much for getting in touch! We are very happy to hear that you are enjoying our platform. We are always looking for ways to improve and update our system, so we will be sure to pass your suggestions from changes regarding UX and other areas onto our team!

Eric R.
Founder in US

Valuable Tutoring Management Software

5 2 months ago New

Pros:

Ease of implementation, how it takes care of every aspect of running a tutoring firm, and how it's constantly evolving for the better by aggregating the experience of tons of education companies.

Cons:

No complaints really, we've used TutorCruncher for years and plan on continuing to do so.

2 months ago

Hi Eric, Thanks for taking the time to leave such a nice review! It's great to hear that TutorCruncher has helped with different aspects of your company. We are excited to continue working with you in the future! :)

Stanley X.
Owner in Canada
Education Management, 2-10 Employees

A well developed platform with continuous improvement and new features.

4 last year

Comments: I guess I am most impressed at the fact that they have good client service that generally get back to your problems within 24 hours. Also they continue to develop and perfect the software, making it more and more suitable for my need. They even developed a video conference integration themselves to resolve the program I have with other integrations. Best part it, its free of charge (I hope it stay this way).

Pros:

TutorCruncher offers basically everything my tutoring business needed. From CRM, teacher/client database, website implementation, and online classes. It also have payment integration too, but since I collect my fee from other means, I didn't really get to use that, but its available.

Cons:

I use it to provide service to Chinese customers. The translation process is available, but not automated. I essentially have to translate things one by one. Also, it doesn't let me or the user to switch between languages. So I had to put in both English and Chinese at the same time for users. Works, but made the interface messy.

last year

Hi Stanley, It is really great to hear that you have had a good experience with TutorCruncher. Thank you for your review! We are always working to improve our system, so we will make sure the devs take a look at your suggestion for improving translations!

Jelena G.
Australia
51-200 Employees

Loving our new operating system !!

5 5 years ago

Comments: Tutorcruncher is FANTASTIC and is a refreshing change from the old system we were using.
The features (although we have not fully utilised all of them yet) are fantastic and as we explore the system we are excited to use more and more of the handy features available.
Sam from the support team has been a godsend when it comes to promptly answering any (and I mean any! silly as they may be sometimes) question and problem in detail. Despite the time difference between us in Sydney (Australia) and him in the UK he is always reachable.
Overall the staff and clients are thrilled with tutor cruncher and what it has to offer.

Pros:

It is user-friendly. contains all the information in one spot. the support is fantastic and it is accessible by the clients.

Cons:

a few minor issues like limited information on reports; I would like to be able to print client balance information. Navigating from Payment order back to the list sometimes requires a few too many clicks. Admin should be able to edit lesson charges and change the lesson status once it has been completed, cancelled or even deleted (possibly have levels of admin where the highest level has the permission to change this)

5 years ago

Hi Jelena, thank you for leaving us a fantastic review. We are really pleased that you have got so much value out of TutorCruncher since you moved over. There is still plenty more for you to take advantage of I am sure, so we look forward to continuing to help you get the most out of our services. Thanks again!

Amber S.
CEO in Canada
E-Learning, 11-50 Employees

Tutor Cruncher is Fantastic!

5 last year

Comments: From the moment we were deciding to purchase TutorCruncher to today, I have not found their level of service or committment to our company has laxed.

Pros:

The ease in which I am able to do scheduling and invoicing has saved me time in other areas of my business.

Cons:

As an everyday user, sometimes there are certain functions that I feel should happen intuitively. In these cases, I send my thoughts to the help desk and it’s been amazing the functions that have been changed in the time I’ve been with them to refelct these asks!

last year

Hi Amber, Thanks for your review! It is great that you are really enjoying out system. We are also excited to hear that you have seen improvements and changes in the system when you have requested them. We work hard to take all client feedback on board!

Admin Expert in Australia
11-50 Employees

Great software; the single platform where tutors, managers, clients and students can refer to

5 4 years ago

Comments: Central platform for all parties concerned in a tutorial company.

Pros:

- Functionality - creates and records lessons accurately - Feedback system - especially fits with our business

Cons:

- Ease of use - it's sometimes confusing when you want to edit previous lessons, such as deleting them, changing their feedbacks and such. Sometimes you can click into a lesson that says "Editable" but then you cannot delete it. Would be better if the rules around how lessons can be cancelled/deleted are more clear.

4 years ago

Hello there, thank you very much for your review. We are glad that TutorCruncher helps your business to manage different areas of the business, such as managing relationships with your tutors, clients and students. It is also good to know that you find the lesson report system useful when you record lessons. If we can further simplify the step-by-step processes in TutorCruncher, then we¿ll be in a very good place overall. Thanks again for your feedback!

Perry G.
Founder in UK

Tutorcruncher is a great product, I don't know how I'd run my business without it.

4 4 years ago

Pros:

The features in this product take away the hassle of running my business. The ease of use is great, and the team have thought very hard about what tutoring agencies need.

Cons:

The search functionality could be better at displaying results in a more user friendly way. Otherwise a great product.

4 years ago

Hello Perry, thanks for taking the time to leave us an excellent review. We are pleased to know that TutorCruncher is helping you a lot in the management of your business, even to say that you would not know how to do without! We are happy that TutorCruncher is easy to use and allows you to perform many tasks. We are working hard to improve the functionality of the system and the search functionality will soon be better at displaying results. Thank you very much Perry for you great review.

Oscar H.
Oscar H.
CEO in UK

Excellent support and a platform that is developing fast. Would highly recommend.

5 4 years ago

Pros:

Integrated system for hours and for bills make it a very good customer experience. I like the fact that parents can log in to review their total activity.

Cons:

Is slightly clunky navigating through screens. When you are going through numerous students or tutors you have to click back and forth.

4 years ago

Hello Oscar, thank you very much for your review. We are really glad that TutorCruncher is an excellent system that help to run your business efficiently. We are also happy that your clients like TutorCruncher and parent can log in to review their activities and lesson planning. We are working to improve the functionality of the system, and we try to adapt TutorCruncher to the needs of our users. Thank you very much for the review Oscar!

Erika I.
Business Manager in Japan

Adaptation for Asian / Non-UK users

4 last year

Comments: Great system, great customer service! When we initially switched to Tutor cruncher , the system didn’t have the “japanese yen” option added so the coders were able to do that for us with a customization fee. Super response and great personalization!

Pros:

The interface is super legible and our clients and students have complimented how easy it is to use. The “call for application” function has been very useful for us when requesting for tutors. The online payment integration and system (Stripe, credit request, subscription, pay run) has been the most beneficial to us.

Cons:

haring the prices we charge per lesson to our tutors. It would be great if we could display the HOURS of purchase left to the tutors. I would like to be notified when a client charges credit via top up.

last year

Hi Erika, Thanks so much for your review, its really great to hear that you are enjoying our system and our integrations!

Woody W.
Director in UK

Quality tutoring software

5 5 years ago

Comments: Having used it from the inception I think one cannot find a better piece of software for tutoring businesses

Pros:

Easy to use

5 years ago

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, Woody. It's great to hear that you value our services so highly, we look forward to continuing to make your operations streamlined and effective. Thanks again!

Sarah C.
Owner and tutor in UK
Education Management, Self Employed

excellent

5 4 years ago

Comments: It is simple and easy to use and makes all my invoices for me.

Pros:

I like the ability to create invoices and lesson plans with ease and to send out a message to all my clients.

Cons:

I dislike the way that if you make a mistake on the invoicing you cannot remove it unless you change the date parameters.

4 years ago

Hi Sarah, thanks so much for leaving us a tremendous review! We're delighted that you find the system simple and easy to use in providing you an extremely valuable service. On a side note, if you ever make any mistakes with your invoices, you can void them and re-issue a corrected version. Thanks again, Sarah!

Cherith H.
Director in UK
Education Management, 2-10 Employees

TutorCruncher makes it possible to manage tutoring in a human friendly way.

5 2 months ago New

Comments: By paying the extra I have had some virtual one-to-one sessions that have been very helpful. The overall experience is excellent with TutorCruncher.

Pros:

The fact that it works so well for tutoring as it is built from experience, that it is great for payment and invoicing and that it can work for adult learning.

Cons:

I wish that the lesson report was available as a PDF for the Tutor who has written it. That would be helpful.

2 months ago

Hi Cherith, Thank you so much for your lovely review! It's great to hear that you are enjoying the platform so far. We are excited to continue working with you in the future! :)

Michelle F.
Owner in Canada
Education Management, Self Employed

Makes managing my business so much easier!

5 4 years ago

Comments: - All my users can access client information from anywhere, and see what jobs are available
- Tutor profiles help me quickly discern who would be best for a client
- Clients can input changes and update credit card information safely and securely

Pros:

- The developers are constantly adding new features and adapting to our needs - Interface is easy to use and nicely streamlined - Integration with Stripe makes me feel confident that my clients' information is secure

4 years ago

Hello Michelle, thanks for taking the time to leave us a wonderful review! We are very proud that TutorCruncher helps you to manage your business easier! We are always working to adding new features and we would like to do it according to user¿s needs. This is the reason why we like feedback. We are happy to provide you with a secure system where all your data is protected. Thank you very much Michelle.

Alexandra H.
Tutoring Coordinator in US

Fantastic Customer Support

5 last year

Comments: One of the best things about TutorCruncher is the unparalleled customer support. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] are always available to respond to questions, provide helpful advice, and guide my learning process. I can't begin to express my gratitude.

Pros:

As I got to know the software, I started wondering if it had certain capabilities. Everything I wished for already existed. They have thought of everything!

Cons:

I do not have any criticisms. The software is customizable and well-organized.

last year

Hi Alexandra, Thanks so much for your review! We pride ourselves on providing great customer service, so we are very happy to hear that you have found our support team so helpful. We look forward to continuing to work with you in the future! Best, The TutorCruncher Team

Education Consultant in UK
Education Management, 201-500 Employees

Efficient, effective and time saving

5 4 years ago

Pros:

Everything can be done from the one site. It tracks everything- sessions, hours completed, tutors details, payments, invoices, etc.

Cons:

There are very few issues with the software. If anything the setting up of tutors and the specialisms could be simplified. Connecting students to paying clients is a little convoluted too.

4 years ago

Hello, thank you for taking the time to leave us an excellent review. We are really pleased that TutorCruncher has proved so useful in facilitating effective and interactive management helping you with payments, billing and lesson scheduling. Let us know if we can help you with something in particular, we are always available to help our users. Thanks again for your review.

Kairat T.
developer in Kyrgyzstan

Great product

5 last year

Comments: It helps automatize many tasks in out business

Pros:

I loved great customer support, thanks to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]! Also, api documentation is clear.

Cons:

Seems that all is good, no complains for now.

last year

Hi Kairat, Thank you so much for your review. It is really great to hear that you are so happy with our customer service team. We look forward to continuing to work with you in the future! Best, The TutorCruncher Team

Ian piolo O.
Ian piolo O.
School Staff in US

Awesome software!

4 2 years ago

Comments: A very good software with vast range of functionalities but needs some time to get used to

Pros:

There is a vast range of functionalities that can be very valuable to your business. Logging of tutors makes tracking of their work hours easy.

Cons:

Going around the software will take some time to get used to as it is not as intuitive. Give it some time and your experience with it will improve.

2 years ago

Delighted to hear that you're a fan, Ian! I hope you get a lot of value out of TutorCruncher and do let us know in the future if there's anything we can improve. In the meantime we'll be working on making things a little bit more intuitive! :)

Tuan N.
CEO in Vietnam

Great supports

5 3 years ago

Pros:

The support team is great. They always help us to solve the problems

Cons:

We can't customize (translate it into our country native language)

3 years ago

Hi Tuan, thanks a lot for reviewing TutorCruncher! We're glad to see that you are happy to see that you enjoy using our software. To make our users and also your lives easier, we have a huge translation update coming up which will allow you to translate your TutorCruncher company account in your own language. We're always happy to help, so don't ever hesitate to get in touch Tuan!

Alice W.
Manager in Australia

TutorCruncher is a useful software but the team dosen't always respond well to requests or feedback

3 4 years ago

Pros:

Ease of use and range of functions. Different ways of seeing information (calander, lists etc).

Cons:

Having to submit a report to make lessons complete and open them in a new screen.

4 years ago

Hi Alice, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We're glad you see that you enjoy using the functionalities on offer in TutorCruncher. We would definitely like to improve upon your experience of customer support, as we take pride in offering a dedicated an in-depth support package to the users with which we work. You can always reach us via the online chat and we would be delighted to understand how we can better work with you going forward.

Andy W.
Partner in Australia

The customer support has been very helpful for those new to the system

4 4 years ago

Pros:

It has an intuitive and useful method of not just managing invoicing but also timetabling with students and tutors

Cons:

For Australians, there is no payment system for tutors which must be conducted manually via bank account transfers

4 years ago

Hello Andy, thank you for taking the time to leave us an excellent review. We are happy that TutorCruncher helps you to run your business, managing invoices and scheduling timetables for students and tutors. The automatic payment is not yet available in Australia, we are very hopeful of providing it soon. Thanks again for you review Andy.

Harriet C.
UK
Used the Software for: Not provided

A very happy client

5 6 years ago

Comments: I have been beyond impressed by the whole team at TutorcCruncher. They are efficient, hard working and friendly and ALWAYS get the job done. I would highly recommend them.

5 years ago

Thank you for your kind review, Harriet. We are as committed as ever to making sure companies like yours are - and stay - happy. Thanks again!

Jason R.
Jason R.
Owner in US
Education Management, 11-50 Employees

A must for all tutoring businesses

5 2 years ago

Comments: Life-changing. Seriously. Before this we were with Learnspeed and it was far less user-friendly and we were spending more.

Pros:

It looks so professional to all our customers. All our tutors easily understand how to use it without nearly any training. Customers are very comfortable logging in and giving us their CC. Overall, just fantastic.

Cons:

Every once in awhile I'll come across a missing feature. I then need to create a personal bot for our company that makes up for it. For example, it lacks PayPal integration for paying our teachers/tutors.

2 years ago

What a great review, Jason. We're really thankful for your feedback! I hope the benefits continue to rack up for your company, there are also some big improvements coming in the next few weeks as to how we can pay out to your tutors via TutorCruncher. We'll let you know as those improvements go live!

Bonile S.
CEO in South Africa
Education Management, 2-10 Employees

Absolutely useful happy with the TutorCruncher Platform!

5 last month New

Comments: Administration, communication, mass emails, invoicing etc was taking too much time and now TutorCruncher allows these to be setup and done quickly, enabling us to focus on growth.

Pros:

We integrated the platform to our website for the tutoring company. It has almost all the functionality we needed, including a CRM management system, email automation, video integration etc. Really saves time and allows the administrators to focus on business growth. I also want to thank the Tutor Cruncher admin staff for helping us genuinely and with unbelievably high level of support.

Cons:

Not sure if this is available but I haven't seen it yet. A feature for tutors to request funds from their available balances to be paid to their bank account. Currently the administrator generates a payment from their end.

Alternatives Considered: Yo!Coach, HubSpot Marketing Hub and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Switching to TutorCruncher: TutorCruncher has an affordable payment plan vs. Yo!Coach; TutorCruncher has Relevant features (without limits) for our type of business vs. Hubspot

3 weeks ago

Hi Bonile, Thank you so much for your lovely review! It's great to hear that you've enjoyed all of TutorCrunchers functionality. We are excited to continue working with you in the future! :)