15 years helping Israeli businesses

About Chatra

Modern live chat and chatbot solution facilitating personal communication between you and your customers.

Learn more about Chatra

Pros:

Very simple and customizable integration with great customer service. It provides peace of mind for buyers who may be hesitant to buy from an unfamiliar company.

Cons:

There was no ticketing system and was really basic to use.

Chatra ratings

4.8
4.7
4.5
4.6

9.0/10

Chatra has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 453 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Chatra before?

Eugene
Eugene
CEO in Thailand
Internet, 2–10 Employees

nice chat for the website

Pros:

Simple has a free plan, applications are well made and the interface is nice to work in.

Cons:

Skipped webchats moved to another tab which is accessible with 2 clicks (should be 1 click max)

Reema
Associate Director in US
Civic & Social Organization, 2–10 Employees

Wonderful Chat Service for LiveChat on Websites

Comments: Overall, getting the chat feature on our website has been wonderful. I highly recommend it, as we have had a wonderful experience.

Pros:

Chatra has a number of very helpful features. The auto-replies, which can be pre-typed for common questions, are amazing and save time for repetitive questions. I also love that there is both a desktop and mobile. It allows you to see who is on the website, and the pre-chat view, where you can see what they are typing in real time before they submit the message, is amazing. You can think about what you want to say before they hit send, or look for the link they will need and have a quick response time.

Cons:

My biggest complaint is definitely that there is no spell check on the mobile version, and it is not compatible with the OS spell check software for the default keyboard on either android or apple products. It also does not let you know when it periodically logs you out of the app, so I have gotten fussed at by my boss for missing a chat because I thought my phone would notify me if we get a message, only to not get any notification. The Desktop version is almost too good at notifying you (you get to pick a noise and it will very much let you know when you have a chat) so this is mainly a mobile issue.

Stuart
Company Director in UK
Sporting Goods, 2–10 Employees

Auto renewed without approval, ignore emails

1.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: very poor - customer service is totally non existent.

Pros:

nothing. I stopped using it after a few months as it has a lot of bugs around messaging (i.e. if you message on native apps it doesnt show in chatra)

Cons:

the fact i cancelled after 6 months and they then charged me £204 to renew (when I had not authorised or requested a renewal - i had cancelled the app in shopify). they then ignored 4 of my emails.

3 weeks ago

Hi Stuart! The billing team has already processed your request, and you will receive a reply shortly. As for the messaging bugs that you've mentioned, could you share more details?

Sheldon
Website developer and English language teacher in UK
E-Learning, Self Employed

Great customer chat software with equally outstanding App

Comments: This is the perfect software for chatting to customers. If you want more features, the paid subscription is great, but if you just want the basics, the free option works a treat.

Pros:

This software is great if you are starting out small, since the free package (which I'm using) is fully functional and serves all live chatting needs. The App is also great and sends phone alerts when a conversation is started, meaning you don't need to stay logged in on a browser the whole time. I live and work in China and a perennial problem here is the great firewall of China (all things Google are a no-no) but it works super-fast here because there are no calls to googleapis (for JavaScript files), the downfall of many websites and software products. The emailed transcript of conversations is also a nice feature (though I believe standard, for this type of software). The company is also not pushy, so while there are occasional emails about the product and services, they are not bombarding you with emails to upgrade to a paid or more expensive option.

Cons:

There isn't really anything I dislike about the software. The only thing is maybe the free trial, which gives you full functionality (useful for trying), so if you are going for a free or lower tier subscription, you might get attached to some features which later disappear.

Raoul
CEO in South Africa
Supermarkets, 2–10 Employees

my experience

Comments: chatra software allows me to direct customers who wish to have more information on a product in order to make the purchase. thanks to chatra, i have managed to convert several customers. i also like the fact that it notifies us by email when we are not connected.

Pros:

The Châtra software has a very nice design and is very easy to set up. I also like the fact that we can customize the name, the photo and even adapt its color to our website.

Abb-d
Abb-d
Director in UK
Design, 2–10 Employees

One of the Best Free Engagement Tools

Comments: Using chatra has been great, we had an increase of engagement and enquiries as a result.

Pros:

It's free, easy of use, comes with a desktop and mobile app for easy access and gives you enough customisation options to make it feel like part of your website.

Cons:

Slightly more customization around the button would be ideal. Though this is a small compromise.

Karen
owner in US
Cosmetics, Self Employed

Worked Well for Me

Comments: I enjoyed using Chatra.

Pros:

Chatra worked well for me, but I wasn't able to afford to upgrade to obtain the features I found most useful.

Cons:

None really, it was a good program; but I found one that was more relevant to what I needed, for less money.

Paul
Creative Director in UK
Design, Self Employed

Perfect Chatting

Comments: Chatra allows me to communicate with potential leads. It's been in place for less than a year, but has already generated a substantial amount of new business.

Pros:

Very quick to implement using a Cloudflare app. Easy to style to match my site.

Cons:

A longer trial would have been nice, I guess?

Andi
Owner in US
Accounting Software, Self Employed

Easy to use and setup!

Pros:

What I loved about Chatra is that it's easy to use and setup. It's basically a plug and play option for your website. While I don't use the more advanced features, I appreciate that they are there and like that as my business grows I can upgrade to a more robust plan. Overall, I find the interface easy to use and more people have contacted me since installing Chatra on my site.

Cons:

I wish there was a way to archive conversations rather than deleting them

Pedro
Pedro
Senior Global Digital & eCommerce Manager in Netherlands
Consumer Goods, 11–50 Employees

Very good chat solution

Comments: It was really good, only used he paid version during the trial period but then I kept using the free version,

Pros:

They have a free version of the software that has enough functionality to allow a SMB to use it on their site to do customer support. Really easy to integrate through Google Tag manager making it simple even if you don't have technical knowledge. Also allows you to setup business hours and then has a log. Also it has a mobile app.

Cons:

On the free version only one user is allowed at the same time and also it lack a lot of integrations with other tools. In the case they leave you missed messages the interface could be better.

6 years ago

Thanks for the feedback, Pedro!

Daniel
Daniel
Owner in US
Retail, 2–10 Employees

Tested 20+ Chat Systems - Chatra Ranks #1 For Our Agency & Clients!

Comments: I've tested many systems out from CRMs, Inventory Management, Marketing Automation, etc. When I found Chatra It seemed like a copycat(ish) of Intercom.io' design. But once I gave them a shot it was so much more! #1 Reason this is a must have is because Chatra has brought our engaged customers from one every once in awhile (something like 1-2 per week if we were lucky) to 2-5 per day. That might not seem like much to some companies but we sell high dollar packages and subscriptions so the ROI is huge. There is just something about the way it is presented and the customers react to it. If you use something that is traditional then customers don't even see it anymore. Some other chat systems I FULLY tested and in some cases signed up for and used full time:
- Intercom.io
- Tidio
- Pure Chat
- and many more!
Here is what I like:
- My team can see everything and take on chats and transfer them super easy.
- Multiple team members can chat with a client at one time making a group chat easy and it feels right.
- The customers actually leave their info unlike other systems. Customers never wanted to leave their info in other systems we used but when we added Chatra to our site customers actually add the info in so we can continue the conversation by email and know who they are.
- Presentation is amazing to the client and feels natural.
- We can pick up chat from the chat app or from our email box. This is really nice because that works with our CRM too.
- Since the presentation is so well implemented the customer is not expecting an instant reply. We have used other systems that have similar functionality but people would be upset thinking that we were right there.
Who I think this is for: If you are busy and don't want to worry about being at your computer when your live chat is visible or deal with being "Offline". This allows you to always be online but if you are not right there then the customer knows you will be back shortly to pick up the conversation by email or on the website depending where they are. This is amazing for us because we are not big enough to have someone watching the chat box all day, we cannot worry about leaving our computer at a moments notice and having upset customers. What I don't like: Integrations are sparse and I hope they come up with a Zapier connection or more support for Zapier specific webhooks format so we can structure the data is a better way.

8 years ago

Thanks for the feedback, Daniel! We plan to add Zapier integration in the future (but there's no ETA yet, unfortunately), so stay tuned!

Events Services, 11–50 Employees

We love chatting with Chatra!

Comments: Chat has really helped us be more available to customers without always having to be tied up on the phone. We love it!

Pros:

Our support team has loved having a chat option in our software. It has cut down a lot on the phone calls we receive and it helps us answer our customers' questions immediately, with the option to ask questions and follow up as necessary. Our customers have also expressed that they really like having the chat feature on our website. We can have multiple team members available at one time, have chats assigned to different chat teams or have different tags depending on where the chat originated in our system. It has been great!

Cons:

The only think I can think of is that it sometimes crashes (using the browser version).

Thank you!

sofie
designer in Germany
Design, 2–10 Employees

fantastic online business help

Comments: It really helped with the customer communication, I always think that if you have a doubt with something regarding the understanding of the features on a website, the customer might give up very fast, because it takes too much time to go to your email and send a​ message and then wait to get an answer, with Chatra this problem is solved, people/consumers can get real-time answers to their question while being on the website, it made indirectly things better for my business by making things easier for my customers

Pros:

I really like how easy and pleasant it is to be used, the platform design is very modern and clean, and it integrates well with the desktop application. Another thing that I really like is that you can also create​ automated messages based on the different situation, therefore it is very flexible and helps in any kind of situation the users.

Cons:

There is not really something that I don't like, it just can get a bit costly if you need more than one online agents, but there are pretty flexible options, even the free one is already quite convenient.

Thanks, Sofie!

Jack
Founder in Peru
Internet, Self Employed

Great find!

Comments: I've been through a few customer support chat systems over the last couple of years. PureChat, Olark, and one other I can't remember. They all had various benefits, and shortcomings. One day I got a message from someone at Chatra asking me if I'd be interested is switching away from Olark. I don't usually respond to cold calls but it looked like a decent system so I gave it a try. 6 months later and I'm still very happy with the choice. The web interface is very easy to use, the integration with HelpScout fits perfectly in my workflow, and I've connected it to Easy Digital Downloads to show customer information alongside my support chats. Their mobile app does everything I need, and support has been very helpful whenever I needed it. I'd highly recommend Chatra to anyone looking for a customer support chat system.

Pros:

Interface, mobile app, integrations

Cons:

Wish they had a way to see current visitor activity and manually trigger a chat like Olark does

8 years ago

Thank you for the feedback, Jack! We are currently working on a feature that will allow you to see the list of online visitors and manually start a conversation, so stay tuned!

Cindy
owner in US
Arts & Crafts, Self Employed

Nice enhancement to my customer relations

Comments: Customers consult with me whilst placing an order, and I can give them confidence in their selection and personal attention. I can provide an immediate resolution of the customer's questions. Customers who might not make the effort to email are communicating with me.

Pros:

Customers have another way of contacting me. When I'm online, it is spontaneous like a conversation. Chatting on Chatra keeps them on my website so they can order.

Cons:

I often don't know who the person is. Maybe that's not a problem with the software, but I wish people were required to give their name. And sometimes they will not leave their email so I have no way of responding to their query.

5 years ago

Thanks for the review, Cindy! You can check "Get messages only once the contact form is filled" and "Get offline messages only once the contact form is filled" options in the Chatra Bot settings to make the contact form required. In this case, visitors will not be able to proceed until they enter their name and email. Hope this helps!

Susan
Owner and Founder in Canada
Apparel & Fashion, Self Employed

My Chatra Review

Comments: I've been using Chatra for close to a year now. Integration & installation was simple. Set up was also simple but took a few tests to fully understand how the options I built up worked on my site. Helpdesk support is quick and very helpful. I like how I receive sounds on my iPhone when a customer is on my site. I can connect with anyone, anytime. I didn't have this option before Chatra. Connecting with customers at the time they need answers has been so important to building community with my customers. I also love how the conversations I've been able to create read like I'm online. Customers can interact with my message, this gives me time to get on the app and respond in real time. Oh, I have tried other chat apps. I didn't keep them long. Thanks, Chatra; you're a keeper!

Pros:

See my review... but I like how we've been able to build chat conversations for customers when I'm not online. It reads well and people respond to it.

Thank you, Susan!

Bienvenido
Caregiver in US
Hospital & Health Care, 51–200 Employees

Chatra - is used for CHATting RApidly!

Comments: Chatra can really be used for CHAtting RApidly. With its features, it defines what a real chatting software should be.

Pros:

Chatra is very useful in our company because it is important that we keep on chatting from time to time taking care of our patients. This software lets you respond to the messages in real-time. I did not experience any logs in using it and so I believe it is perfectly designed by the developers. No problem also of using multiple screens while this software is in use.

Cons:

A perfect real-time communication software for all types of businesses. It will never compromise the information needs of all the people connected to this software across the company.

I use Chatra on a daily basis to handle support and pre-sales. It's by far the best!

Comments: Chatra makes customer support and pre-sales dead simple.

Pros:

I love the ability to see what the user is typing in real time, even before they submit their message. Also, they offer a really nice app for Mac.

Cons:

While they have many features that competitors don't have, they lack in some basic features like the ability to manually send chat transcript.

Jessica
Client Support Manager in US
Real Estate, 11–50 Employees

This has reduced customer cancellations by 25%!!!

Comments: Customer retention increased, our representatives love it, and our customers love it. Chatra is awesome, and when we have any issues, their support team is responsive and helpful.

Pros:

Chatra is amazing. Easy to use, responsive customer service, great design and functionality. Our customers rave about Chatra, and since implementing it last year, we have had a 25% drop in cancellations! Our customers find it easier than ever to get help with our programs.

Cons:

No real cons about Chatra... Maybe one improvement would be allowing our reps to have a chat section, to communicate with one another separate from the customer chats.

Thank you, Jessica!

Food & Beverages, 51–200 Employees

Great way for us to talk with our customers on our website

Pros:

I love Chatra, and we still use it today in our startup. It makes interacting with customers on our website so intuitive and easy for both us and our customers.

Cons:

I have nothing bad to say about Chatra, I will continue to use it in the future.

Thanks for the review!

Marius
CEO in Germany
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Simple, beautiful, Love it

Comments: The best Live Chat Software I found so far! Told it it all my friends and I‘m using it in every project.

Pros:

I really like the modern look of the chat Chat Client and also the functionality and also the functionality convinces me. I have been looking for a good live chat for WordPress for a long time and Chatra is exactly what I was looking for. Also the Smartphone App enhances the whole project.

Cons:

The functionality of the free version is unfortunately limited to a minimum. But I can live with that. Chatra is still unbelievable.

Nikhil
devops in Netherlands
Internet, 2–10 Employees

great for instant communication with customers

Comments: Excellent app, paid for itself within a couple of days. Helping customers through checkout in particular is great. Also seeing what they are typing before they send helps save time in replying, their location is visible - also very helpful in anticipating questions. Switched from another chat service to Chatra due mainly to its deep integration with Help Scout - chats and offline messages are added into Help Scout as new support tickets, giving us a full picture of customer support. So far we're loving Chatra! With native desktop and mobile apps, our team is able to help customers with their orders or product enquiries anywhere. Probably my most valuable app.

Thanks, Nikhil!

Julia
Director of Administrative Services in US
Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

Great service, easy to implement and use.

Comments: Great service to offer customers the ability to chat with your organization. Simple to setup and start using right away.

Pros:

Super simple to get setup and going, also great ease of use for both the representative and customer side.

Cons:

Wish they had a round robin type of option to rotate the chats through multiple representatives within the same department.

Thank you, Julia!

Computer Hardware, 2–10 Employees

I heart Chatra

Comments: Overall a very good software for any organization needing a functional group chat.

Pros:

The user interface is great! Chatra is very intuitive and easy for anyone to use.

Cons:

I'm not a big fan of Chatra's free version, you definitely need to get the upgrade or it's just not worth it. Unfortunately, the upgraded versions are a bit expensive.

Thanks for the feedback!

Cyndi
CEO in US
Arts & Crafts, Self Employed

Makes it easy to connect

Comments: Answering questions and communicating with customers quickly.

Pros:

It’s an easy way for customers to connect with and gets their questions answered quickly.

Cons:

I wish there was a way for them to always include their email so you can respond. If they forget to include their email, you aren’t able to respond.

5 years ago

Thanks for the feedback, Cyndi! Please make sure the email field is "required", and also check the "Get offline messages only once the contact form is filled" option in the Chatra bot settings. In this case, visitors will not be able to proceed without leaving their email address.