15 years helping Israeli businesses

About PCRecruiter

Web-based, multi-platform solutions for recruitment, sourcing, staffing and RPO with flexibility and power at an affordable price.

Learn more about PCRecruiter

Pros:

There was not a feature that we wanted that we couldn’t have with PC Recruiter. We have used several applicant tracking systems and this is the most robust feature for the money that we found.

Cons:

We were advised to The solution is to re-authenticate often and is very frustrating.

PCRecruiter ratings

4.1
4.6
4.2
4.4

8.4/10

PCRecruiter has an overall rating of 4.3 out 5 stars based on 388 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used PCRecruiter before?

Traci
Traci
Business development director in US
Construction Software, 11–50 Employees

PCrecruiter

Comments: This is the second software of this type we have utilized at our company. Previously, we used ziprecruiter. By comparison, we have found this software to be much more user friendly and easier to put into active use.

Pros:

The job posting feature is the most important and most often utilized future offered by the software during t our company's staffing activities.

Cons:

We haven't found any negative attributes to the software in our usage so far.

2 years ago

Thanks so much for the review! We appreciate your business!

Danielle
CRM Administrator in US
Staffing & Recruiting, 201–500 Employees

Amazing one system for all our needs - ATS/Recruiting and Marketing/Candidate Relationship Manager

Comments: It is wonderful to have everything in one place and to not be working from spreadsheets.

Pros:

One of the best things is how customizable the system is. We can run reports from any of the screens or fields. In addition, the Analytics that it provides is helpful. Before deciding on PCRecruiter, we looked at and did demonstrations with many other companies. It was very time-consuming, and we were starting to think we couldn't find anything that would work. Then I, by luck, stumbled across PCRecruiter. Our sales rep was very accommodating, answered all our questions, and took the time to hear what we were looking for. It will be one year in November since we started working with PCRecruiter. It is simple to work with. It also allows you to set specific views of fields on the screen based on the person's job title. So that people only see the fields that are important to them. You can also make fields show for people as a read-only so they can see the response in that field, but it will not allow them to fill it in or change it. It has been one of the best decisions we could have made to switch to PCRecruiter. Their support staff has been fabulous whenever we have any problems or questions. They always respond with an immediate answer or can fix whatever the issue is. Everyone should switch to using PCRecruiter.

Cons:

There isn't anything that we don't like about PCRecruiter. On the contrary, we are thrilled with it.

2 years ago

Thank you, Danielle! This is the sort of review that any vendor loves to read! We are proud to be part of your success and we look forward to sharing all sorts of great improvements with you in the future!

Meredith
Biotechnology, Self Employed

Overall a good product for a small business.

Comments: Overall it is a nice system. Not the easiest to use but it is a nice price point and is workable for a small business.
I have worked with several systems in the past with more powerful capabilities but PCR is not bad for the price. But I think I should have talked to some other users first about their experience porting over their data.

Pros:

A good value for a small company that is on a tight budget.

Cons:

-Transporting my data over tp PCR from my old system was time consuming and cumbersome. A lot of the data ported over awkwardly and has required a lot of cleanup on my part. -I feel like the strength of the system lies in the back-end capability as opposed to the front end. Boolean searches are not easy to run to find candidates that already exist in the database. (Example: You cannot use the * (wildcard) in PCR like you can in a true Boolean search). -Follow-up activities are very hard to find and awkward to manipulate from their "Activities" tab. -You cannot easily find previous placements when viewing a candidate profile. -You cannot save the parameters you use most often when running reports on your open positions. (They call "Job Orders" positions in their system). You have to re-enter everything from scratch every time.

Olivia
Operations Associate in US

PCR Strengths and Work-Ons

Comments: PCRecruiter has allowed our firm to track complex data and manage a LARGE amount of data. The support from PCRecruiter's consultants is amazing! [SENSITIVE CONTENT] has helped our firm so many times.

Pros:

Our team loves the in-depth search function that it allows. You can find a lot of information in the system. We love the keyword function - User Defined Codes that are searchable allowing people to be categorized. We use mass importing all the time. PCR capture is great when it works. We love how customizable the database is. Specifically that you can configure rollup screens, search results, candidate cards, etc.

Cons:

-There is no duplicate check for Mass Importing that can catch all duplicates in the database. The "skip if duplicate found" function is not thorough enough. We need to be able to check name record imports against first and last name, all phone fields and all email fields. -PCR capture tool turns itself off automatically all the time while team members are trying to use. Talking like multiple times in an hour. -PCR capture tool doesnt integrate with ZoomInfo talent os. Making it hard to pull data. -When you are on the notes section of a record and you right click to delete, edit, etc. that popup stays up when you leave that screen. It is really annoying because you have to position your right click so you can work around it. -When you are in a pipeline and you right click on a name to edit details, the pop up stays up even when you leave that screen. -When name records on your mass import are connected to a company in PCR, the company keywords don't get copied to the records. - When mass importing the number of characters of keywords you can map maxes out at a certain number. - Mass texting is not available directly out of PCR.

2 years ago

Thank you for the review, Olivia! We'll pass along your feedback to the development team for consideration.

Vince
Sr Director in US
Staffing & Recruiting, 51–200 Employees

PCR over the years

Comments: The biggest value beyond the capturing of information in an easy to get to fashion. Over the last 10 years (since the initial release of the Portal) the product has been much easier to get new people using. Having it be "in the cloud" makes it simple to get to regardless of where you are at. The nature of our business is not everything happens when you are sitting in your office. Literally you can be anywhere in the world (even in Afghanistan) and have access to your desk.

Pros:

The fact that the software flows the same way our business does. Unlike generic CRM products or worse ATS products "for recruiters," PCR enables a headhunter a way to easily track the relationships that you build over the years. Our business is selling. It could be opportunities to people or taking a high-performance candidate out to companies and managing the process. In recent years the update roadmap has been far better than it was in the past as well as the quality of those updates. The combination of the Outlook Portal, Capture and Version 9 also make it easy for new people to get started using it Profiles are a great way to capture the data you need and to have the candidate or client do it in their own words for you. ALso love the new mobile app.

Cons:

It's TOO flexible. The ability to customize screen layouts makes training multiple locations a challenge. Also, the custom report writing tool is a bit arcane

5 years ago

Thank you for the review, Vince! We appreciate your business.

Staffing & Recruiting, Self Employed

A fully functional user friendly system!

Comments: One of the biggest challenges for people like myself in the staffing industry is how to effectively leverage all of the technology available to optimize the staffing workflow. With the integration PCR has with Outlook and LinkedIn I am able to have an operationally efficient workflow that saves me time and positions me for success!

Pros:

PCRecruiter is very easy to navigate and the integration with Outlook and LinkedIn is excellent. In addition to the system working very well with Outlook and LinkedIn, it has a great mobile interface that makes navigating the system on the go a great option.

Cons:

I don't have any cons as I feel that PCR is one of the best systems available at a very affordable price point.

5 years ago

Thank you for reviewing PCR, John! it's wonderful to hear that PCR is meeting all of your needs so well.

Amanda
CEO in US
Banking, 2–10 Employees

Made by engineers for engineers

Comments: I just found out, after 18 months of using this software, that there is a standard set up with MRI, that was never offered to us by PCR. So, we have not been able to use this software correctly or to its full capacity. Our set up is wrong, and now we have to dig ourselves out of the poor set up and teach ourselves what the system can do, so we can get set up to the appropriate settings recommended by MRI. Overall, not a good experience.

Pros:

Fully customizable. The people that get it set up properly and taught right out of the gate love it.

Cons:

It is customizable, but only if you know what you want, and how to explain it and explain it to a techie. This is not an intuitive product. When we set up, we were asked what we wanted, but having never used it, we couldn't articulate what we wanted.

5 years ago

Thank you for the review, Amanda - our apologies on the confusion during your roll out. We'll look into the internal processes that took place to see how the MRI template was missed during your setup.

Bonnie
Medical Devices, Self Employed

Great Recruitment Platform

Comments: I really like this platform. They gave me good training (recorded so I can review it at any time), and are there for support in a timely fashion.

Pros:

I love the PCR Capture for LinkedIn. I can easily capture the information my contacts put on LI including their picture. Even though you can download the contact information directly from LI, most of the time the email address and phone numbers won't transfer so this way I know I have the information in my PC Recruiter database.

Cons:

I have trouble customizing pages and sometimes it's hard for me to have a candidate change companies within the software.

4 years ago

Thanks so much for your review of PCRecruiter! Regarding customizing pages, our training team would be glad to assist with that at any time. Changing companies can be achieved from the action menu at the upper right corner of the name record - just select that option and pick the company to re-link the name to. If you need help with anything just email [email protected] and they can give you the specifics.

Darrell
Owner in US

PC Recruiter is OK but a bit expensive

Comments: Mediocre. The features are advanced and there are a lot of bells and whistles. Just make sure you need all that before paying them the ridiculous $500 to get set up, then $99/month + about $1,000 if you want to import contacts. Try Big Biller. Much more user-friendly.

Pros:

The platform downloads the photo of individuals in the database which makes it easy to put a name to a face.

Cons:

The sales team. The sales team promised the world when they were trying to get me set up. The salesperson promised that he was my point of contact and I should reach out to him any time. Then when I needed him, he blew me off.

3 years ago

Thanks for the review, Darrell! We recognize that PCR isn't the perfect tool for everyone, but we're glad you found the right fit for your business' needs. There is no charge for importing contacts, but there may be an initial charge if you're looking to convert the database from your previous platform to PCRecruiter's format at setup time. This is common to most systems and our in-house data conversion team does this at a very competitive rate compared to most vendors we're aware of. If you simply want to import a spreadsheet of contact info etc. that can be done by the user at any time. It's disappointing to hear that our team didn't reach the high standard of service we're known for - we'll be taking your feedback to management!

Eoghan
Solutions Architect in Canada
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Fully featured, supported and powerful recruiting CRM solution

Comments: Our requirements outgrew our Zoho One solution for working with 1000s of volunteers. PCR was the clear winner after an extensive competitive process.

Pros:

Amazing customer support from evaluation through implementation and beyond. Their dev team is also top-notch.

Cons:

Setting up the system is a lengthy process due to the huge level of complexity and customization possible. Not really a con but rather a lesson learned. Better functionality for bilingual system would be a huge plus!

4 years ago

Thank you so much for the review, Eoghan! We appreciate the opportunity to serve your business.

Jan
Owner and Recruiter in US
Recreational Facilities & Services, 2–10 Employees

PCR Recruiter by Jan Plessner, Motorcycle/Powersports Industry Talent Search Business Owner

Comments: Experiencing success as a first-time recruiter within 90 days of my start date (2012) and growing my volume of placements to consistently earn the #1 or #2 spot in the firm. Experiencing success right out of the gate after launching my own recruiting firm in Feb 2016.

Pros:

I have been using PC Recruiter for as long as I have been recruiting, for about 6 years now. I used one other candidate tracking system about a year ago when helping another recruiter on a project. I like how PCR is an extension of me. I understand how most of the functions work. The tech hotline team members are the best. The training person is awesome, too. They are constantly updating the system. The system has never let me down. The system itself never goes down either. The updates are done late at night. With PCR, I can keep track of all my e-mail communications. I use the PCR mail integrated right there in the system. Emails are automatically linked/attached to each candidate. It's an easy program to learn and there are countless ways to access the information you need. I find PCR to be an intuitive system. When a new version was launched a few years ago, I felt like my suggestions were heard as they were fine-tuning the new edition. I am a successful recruiter because I am efficient on PCRecruiter. When a client needed proof that I submitted a candidate before they hired him, I was able to pull together all the dates, emails and history needed to get paid for the placement. It's a great all-around system and I can't imagine working without it. Mac for life. PCRecruiter for life.

Cons:

The scheduling feature of the program is confusing, especially when it comes to different time zones. Some of my clients prefer I send a meeting notice to them so they can accept it and move it to their calendar. I haven't really mastered using this function or felt confident enough to use the meeting scheduler on a regular basis. I think it would be cool to be able to color code or customize how different positions look on the system. Just like you can upload a company logo or a candidate's headshot...it would be nice to be able to color code positions with a wrench for a technician role for example, or a dollar sign for a controller job. I am a visual person and would like to make the live roles look different than the jobs that are filled, closed or on hold. Some of the functionality is over my head. But I know that training is available for every feature of the system. All I would have to do is schedule it with representative. She's great. When I used PCRecruiter in my past working for another company, I didn't like how other recruiters could go in and "steal" an active candidate who I was working with, without my permission. I think this issue was due to the fact that 6+ recruiters were competing for the same talent in this shared database and some recruiters lacked integrity and manners. There was also no enforcement of a fair and equitable system to share the database.

Jeremy

Best Applicant Tracking System Out

Comments: We have been able to truly streamline our interview stages and processes with PCR.

Pros:

The loading speed of each & every page. The integrations with partnered companies, such as Ring Central, Outlook and website job board is truly remarkable. We have utilized Fleetware, TalentAPP and looked into Bullhorn. Ultimately, PCR was our choice because it's a solid and reliable software, i'd say you get a bang for your buck. Plus, the customer support team is outstanding and addressed all issues or concerns during our integration process.

Cons:

I would say it takes time inputing new client companies to the system. I'd like to see a feature that allows parsing information from google into PCR company fields.

5 years ago

Thanks for the review, Jeremy! The idea of a Google parser is interesting - perhaps it's something that could be accomplished within PCR Capture. Post your idea in our Ideas & Requests forum, if you haven't already!

Kathryn
Business Manager in US
Civil Engineering, 11–50 Employees

Best Database on the market

Comments: PCR Capture increased our database input with good information and saved us time of having to copy and paste or type records.

Pros:

PCRecruiter is user friendly. I like how each user can setup the records to flow with the information they need to view most.

Cons:

I would like to be able to download metrics report based on what information the users input. At this time, I can only get a viewable report of a total number on information input.

4 years ago

Thanks so much for the review, Kathryn! We actually just added a CSV Export for the Metrics report in our release this week. Check with our support team if you need any assistance!

Vice President in Canada

Overall very good ATS.

Comments: Very good, they are getting better everyday. Great Staff, Trainers are improving since we first implemented. First rate organization. Would Highly recommend.

Pros:

Excellent customer service, powerful back end, never crashes, interface isn't pretty but does the job. Works well with MS Outlook for email. Keeps track of everything, open API

Cons:

Reports, too many, not as easy to customize.

4 years ago

Thanks so much for the review, Chris! We think you'll be happy with the interface and workflow improvements coming throughout the year as well!

Market Partner in US
Hospitality, 11–50 Employees

My review

Comments: OVerall experience has been good. There is a small learning curve.

Pros:

The software integrates files and tracks email.

Cons:

The app is minimal features. When I email from PCR, I cannot track that email in my email account. Yet when receiving email, it tracks that. Sometimes the system moves a little slow.

5 years ago

Thank you for the review, Michael! Regarding email tracking, both sent and received mail should be tracked if things are configured properly. Check in with our training team for troubleshooting.

Manny
President in US

Outstanding value and the features are world class.

Pros:

I have used the biggest and most popular ATS systems in over 10 years as a corporate recruiter in Fortune 500 environments. Now that I am an independent headhunter, I am amazed at how much value and features you can get out of a smaller ATS like PCRecruiter. Some of these include being able to upload information and profile pictures in a few quick steps. The most amazing thing about PCR is the tech support. You can call and get an immediate resolution to almost any issue. If it can't be resolved right away they make a point to get it done in the matter of hours, not days and weeks. Lastly, the price is right!

Cons:

There is not much I don't like as the software is very user-friendly. About the only thing is being able to change the color scheme.

6 years ago

Thank you for the glowing review, Manny! And we do have alternate color schemes on our "to do" list in the development department.

Managing Partner in US
Medical Devices, 2–10 Employees

The recruiter's companion!

Comments: I've used Main Sequence's PCR for many years and it is truly the recruiter's companion. Do you think you have what it takes to bill a million plus? You might, yet not without the right tracking software. I should know because I've billed many millions using this system and this is the system that made it possible. High billing activity takes a system that is easy to use, scale-able to large volumes of activity yet useful for part timers, saves time, performs solidly, and has the backing of a knowledgeable support team. I've explored the options and nothing compares.

Pros:

Easy to use, reliable, scale-able, customizing options galore, can be conformed to fit your style, and is easy to use 'on the fly'. For beginners and advanced users, there is excellent training available. If you're stumped on an issue there is excellent LIVE support available. And these are knowledgeable support people who understand our business.

Cons:

I honestly don't have a complaint!

Cory
Human Resources in US
Construction Software, 51–200 Employees

Middle of the Road Product

Comments: If I was looking for a cost effective ATS for a smaller company, I would purchase PCR again as long as I wasn't going to ask it to do to much.

Pros:

I liked the flexibility of PC Recruiter ATS. You need to have better than average computer knowledge to get decent results from the software, but overall, for the price point, it's not terrible. PCR has a built in AD source tracker and support is always willing to provide a pixel for AD sites they do not work with regularly. Candidate tracking is very flexible and search functions are ok, they can be great if you understand how to work with the advanced search features, which takes a little studying.

Cons:

CRM. Lacks function and flexibility in the way it's configured the same as the ATS side. It's very difficult to track prospects through a work flow. Canned reports are difficult to set up. Information doesn't transfer from one section of the database to the other, causing you to have to run multiple reports to achieve the desired results.

Rik
US

I have been working with PCRecruiter since 2003

Pros:

I like the integration and all the features, from recruiting, database, sales, the ability to manage and drive the whole process in one place that makes it very useful to upload information and communicate and track all processes from the client to the applicant, recruiting, sales and it is flexible to be able to support any discipline or industry.

Cons:

It takes a little while to get used to the system and to learn all the different modules.. it's very robust. Saying that, the support team and training team are very responsive and help so much when I need to learn something knew or if I have support issue it has been resolved quickly 100% of the time. Then entire company that I have spoken with or needed their help has always been responsive and very friendly and easy to work with.

Barbara
Placement Director in US

Solid ATS product

Comments: We have had a good experience with PCRecruiter. We do not use the system to its full capability. I do believe we could get much more out of the system than we currently do. I am surprised that our account rep does not try to get us to do more!

Pros:

PCRecruiter is user friendly and has a good price point.

Cons:

When we created customized fields, we did not realized that they were not "smart." They are not as useful as the built in fields.

5 years ago

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, Barbara! We'd be interested in hearing more about your ideas for smarter custom fields - visit the Ideas & Requests forum on our helpdesk to make a suggestion if you haven't done so!

Tania
Managing Partner in US
Hospital & Health Care, 11–50 Employees

PCR, the software for the I.T. junky and the average day person!

Pros:

I like how you can capture information from other sites LinkedIn and resumes vs having to manually enter names, employer, title, contact information etc. I also like all the reporting features for tracking metrics and that all emails, as long as the contact is in PCR, will be linked to the appropriate record. This makes searching for prior conversations very easy.

Cons:

Prior to PCR we had a very simple software, so the hardest part for our team was learning all the amazing, time saving features available with PCR as well as the best workflow process and keeping the daily activity levels up. There is a learning curve, but well worth the time upfront to make sure you are utilizing the software to the best of its ability for your business.

Linda
Recruiter in US
Hospital & Health Care, 2–10 Employees

Great Product for a Great Price

Comments: I've been using PCRecruiter for over 10 yrs and have tried other types of software and returned to PCRecruiter. It handles everything so well and is a great help with my recruiting business

Pros:

Easy to use - helps me to remember what needs to be done through scheduling and activities - keeps track of all of my candidates and clients

Cons:

Form letters have to created in the Systems tab so it can't be done as you work from a roll up.

4 years ago

Thank you for the glowing review, Linda! We're glad you're finding PCR to be the best solution for your business!

Gregory
Programmer in US
Medical Practice, 1,001–5,000 Employees

A great less expensive option for high volume recruiting

Comments: Setting up a system like this is always difficult. We found that, with the exception of some custom forms that weren't completed to spec, this system was easy to setup and nice to use.

Pros:

Once PCRecruiter is setup, it is easy to use. It has many great features, like a memory of what you accessed last, so you don't have to remember which candidates you were working with. If you use the integration with Outlook, most recruiters won't have to use a separate browser. The ability to write custom SQL queries and the smart merge capability of the import process are also very nice.

Cons:

The interface is a little dated. I believe they are working on updates though. If you hire them to create custom forms or applications, it feels like you get a contractor who may not know what they should. Their other support staff are great though. The in program email system could use some work. Setting the system up to pass through Office365 exchange servers with a generic email account, didn't work out. We ended up spinning our own exchange server to handle it.

Hospital & Health Care, 2–10 Employees

User Friendly and Reasonably Priced!

Comments: Overall PCRecruiter has given me a good place to keep track of my companies and candidates, and it's user-friendliness have allowed me to train employees in a short period of time.

Pros:

It's easy to use and there are many search options that allow you to find companies and names easily.

Cons:

Some search capabilities, such as duplicate name or company search, could be much better. They also NEED to install an option to customize the layout, like PCR 8 used to offer. The "standard" layout they require you to use does not fit my needs.

5 years ago

Thank you for the review! The layouts on most screens can be customized (particularly the main name, company, and job records). If you need assistance with the customization, reach out to our support team and they'll be glad to work it out with you!

Aya
Office Manager in US

Great ATS!

Comments: All experience using PCR so far is great! PCR is a very nice program, company, and staff! The call center is helpful as well. It is so worth to use it at our company.

Pros:

I use PCR every day. Always PCR catches up the trend of technology and has new features. Once you learn how to use it, it is very easy and friendly to use. I also like the training system. When we request training at our site, a trainer comes to our office. The trainer is always very friendly and knowledgeable. After the training, always he follows up with our questions as well. Great service!

Cons:

There are so many features. It is probably a great thing, but it is hard to catch up with new features of technologies.