15 years helping Israeli businesses

About Squarespace

Squarespace offers an all-in-one Commerce platform that gives you everything you need to run your business and sell online.

Learn more about Squarespace

Pros:

Easy to deploy and integrates (albeit not seamlessly) with GoDaddy, where we were previously hosting our website. Excellent customer service.

Squarespace ratings

4.4
4.4
4.3
4.3

8.3/10

Squarespace has an overall rating of 4.6 out 5 stars based on 2,972 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Squarespace before?

Filter reviews (2,972)

Teighlor
Teighlor
Owner in US
Consumer Services, Self Employed

Squarespace is a great product

5.0 last month New

Comments: My overall experience was outstanding using Squarespace!

Pros:

What I enjoyed most about the product was in website building, the templates choice, makes it so easy to build a great looking website.

Cons:

I wish there were easier ways to navigate through controls.

Ikenna
Full Stack Developer in US
Religious Institutions, 51–200 Employees

Squarespace is the Most Reliable Website Builder of this Era

5.0 last month New

Comments: Website design and landing pages creation.

Pros:

Squarespace offers WYSIWYG & drag and drop functionality which makes it easy to design websites.

Cons:

Squarespace has all the features that I yearn to use on a daily basis.

Evrim
Evrim
CEO in Germany
Human Resources (HR) Software, 2–10 Employees

No Support - do not buy

1.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

NOTHING AT ALL I am regretting ever getting in this tool

Cons:

They do not have a 24/7 support system as claimed They just reply via email in 2 days if you are lucky, and then ghost you because they are not able to understand and solve your problem, they can jsust send you articles

Ben
Creative and Communications Director in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11–50 Employees

I couldn't be happier with Squarespace as a web-building platform

Comments: This platform was a winner from the start. I had done trials of a few other builders, and I caught on to this one the fastest. It's extremely intuitive, and they have tons of beautiful virtually plug-and-play templates that anyone can use to make a stunning website.

Pros:

Squarespace is so easy to use. Although having a design background helps, you don't have to have one to understand and use this platform. Having said that, it's also an incredibly powerful tool, with comprehensive features.

Cons:

As I have found with any website-building tool, there always seem to be a handful of features that seem like no brainers, but aren't offered. I found this to be the case when I wanted a scrolling carousel of images. But, there are always work arounds, and although it was a bit more work, I figured out how to use the tools offered to get close to my desired result.

Joshua
Digital Media Director in US
Religious Institutions, 2–10 Employees

Great Website Hosting Platform!

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Squarespace makes it easy to design and manage a website, for those who need something easy. They have most of the features I need, and continue to improve!

Cons:

I wish SO BAD that they would make calendar events that could repeat for a set time (like once a week for x number of weeks). It's a simple feature that they just won't update! It's huge for our church. Maybe one day...

Julia
Graphic Designer in US Virgin Islands
Design, Self Employed

Sleek & Intuitive. All in one platform.

Pros:

I like that squarespace is very sleek and modern looking. All of the templates are essentially set up so you can swap out your own content. I've tried every other platform and I return to Squarespace because I just find it to be really intuitive.

Cons:

There's not much I don't like about it which is why I've used it for over 5 years.

Antonia
Owner in US
Online Media, 2–10 Employees

A Holliday

5.0 last month New

Pros:

Very easy to use very knowledgeable and skillful

Cons:

Nothing it’s been a very convenient product to have

Katherine
CEO in Mexico
Executive Office, Self Employed

SQUARESPACE EASY TO USE

5.0 last month New

Pros:

SQUARESPACE is super easy to use and is reasonably priced. SQUARESPACE is a very good website builder/designer for product based business owners who are starting or who don't know to use complicated softwares.

Cons:

I haven't seen it has course integration

Cassie
Communication in US
Farming, 11–50 Employees

No website design experience needed!

Comments: Very pleased. Editing the website on the backend reflects exactly how the website looks from the front end.

Pros:

No website design experience needed to learn how to create and design webpages.

Cons:

I wish the refund process was more simple.

Architecture & Planning, 201–500 Employees

Good to go

4.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Easy to use and modern designs, lots of possibilities

Cons:

Expensive and not possible to pay by invoice for customers

Joshua
Office Administrator in US
Religious Institutions, 2–10 Employees

Squarespace gives you web-designer results even if you don't happen to be one.

Comments: Overall, I love this product. Everything just works, all the time. No patches, no updates. Easy, easy, easy. And when I made the switch, the actual initial setup of the site took less than a day. Granted the copy was all mostly written, and I was largely just copying and pasting. But still--the whole website was user-ready in a day.

Pros:

Squarespace gives a fantastic user experience at every step of the process. Setup is a snap, site design and layout are easy, with a click-and-drag graphical menu system that makes it easy to visualize the overall structure of the site. Page design is super easy, with drag and drop modules that provide a wide range of functionalities. And there is an integrated store and payment system powered by Stripe. I also love the code block module -- this has been super helpful in beginning to integrate our directory functionality into the website. If you know some HTML, this can be a big plus in adding features. The responsiveness is nearly flawless and (almost always) looks exactly the way I want it to, no matter what device I'm using.

Cons:

Squarespace does not provide a native file serving solution. Our organization needs to provide documents, forms, and announcements to members. I have created a workaround using Google Drive and a hyperlinked index page on the site, but if I were not already able to use Google Apps script, the maintenance of this index page would be cumbersome. There is also no member-forum type module offered by Squarespace. Again, there are workarounds for this, but it would be nice to have a native solution. Also, the Squarespace calendar module does not integrate with Google Calendar. Once again, I have found a workaround for this using an <iframe> in an HTML code block, but it would be nice if there were native Google Calendar integration offered by Squarespace.

Patrice
Founder in US
Entertainment, Self Employed

Be Fancy....AND Simple....Live Your Website Dreams!

Comments: Overall, Squarespace gets the job done and looks good doing it! I do hope that there's continued improvement in the area that I mentioned above, but overall, I've been happy with Squarespace.

Pros:

What drew me to Squarespace initially were the aesthetics. The style and choice of their templates were a cut above what I had seen on Wordpress or WIX - of which I did try using both platforms at one point in time. I also LOVE how user friendly Squarespace is! Even if you're not super techie, it feels very intuitive and dare I say...fun to use...

Cons:

One of my biggest cons lies within the "blogging" aspect of Squarespace. There are a great deal of limitations in formatting, especially if you don't know how to code. When creating a draft of a blog, Squarespace does not *automatically save anything as you go....so I cringe at the times that I've lost an entire blog post because something froze --- the remedy I was told was to simply type out a blog post in another application (Word, etc.) and then post it in the blog section. But I often find myself editing a draft in Squarespace -- making final corrections.....so I have to be veryyy careful to only edit in my "Word" document and not make any changes once I put it into Squarespace or it has the potential of being lost....

Kinsey
Kinsey
Photographer in US
Photography, Self Employed

Web Design, but make it fun.

Comments: I first started using Squarespace under another Photographer, whom I was managing their studio and day to day "to-do's". I took over her website maintenance and blog, to which was surprisingly easy to navigate. I loved how I was able to read analytics and see what content was working and what was not. The sleek layouts made a few easy clicks look like I spent 4 years in web design. So it was really a no brainer when I decided to start my own business; I knew I would be showing my work to the world through Squarespace. There is just something about the designs of these Squarespace websites that look stunningly polished and exceptionally functional.

Pros:

As a former user of Wordpress, I found Squarespace to be a breath of fresh air. I've be using it since 2014 and have never looked back. It actually made designing my website and grabbing analytics fun! When navigating the software, it felt like I had been here before. It was so easy to find the tools and customize the fonts and sizing to my preferences. Adding pictures in where I need them is easy and the layouts they offer display my work in such a beautiful fashion that even I'm blown away. All in all, I love this software because it offers so many different themes and customizations without being confusing. It's actually fun and I love that a blog is included with my site. It's like a whole other site to customize and tweak to your taste. I was never a blogger before but now I don't have a choice, Squarespace makes it too easy to make excuses now.

Cons:

There are very few things that come to mind when talking about disliking this software. I do wish there was a larger library of fonts readily available for each area of customization, across all themes.

Education Management, Self Employed

A beautiful website, tailored to you

Comments: I have a beautiful, functional website to direct clients to. It has a blog, a shop where they can purchase items and much more. The site allows me to capture visitor information, make sales and create first interactions with me and my services. It allows me to have a "home base" from which I launch all of my projects and ideas. I have had Squarespace for several years now and never plan to change--it's really that good! I have experimented with other providers but never found anything so well crafted and easy to use.

Pros:

Squarespace allows you to select a plan that fits your needs. You can choose plans with unlimited pages, commerce options and much more. I love that it's made to be user friendly and there is no coding required (you can code as an advanced option but it's really not at all needed since they offer you everything). You can add all kinds of features to webpages, like forms, surveys, images and much more just by adding elements they call "blocks". This makes it very easy to customize the website to look, feel and operate just like you would like. If you previously couldn't realize your website dreams due to a lack of technical know-how, you can use Squarespace to design like a pro.

Cons:

Sometimes it can be slightly unintuitive as to where to find something, so it takes me a few extra minutes to find out where I can tweak a specific setting. Customer support is excellent and fast to respond but only by email or chat, not by phone. You do have to upgrade to a higher plan for some features, like abandoned cart recovery at checkout, for example; however, for the value they offer, I think all the upgrades are worth the cost.

Bridget
Sales in US
Construction Software, 2–10 Employees

You get what you pay for

Comments: After trying multiple free website building options, I finally relented and tried out the demo version on Squarespace to see what the learning curve would be like, and if it would be worthwhile ot go the paid route for a website. The answer was a resounding yes, and I've subsequently built 3 more sites with them since our first one. I tell every new business owner starting out, check out squarespace, save yourself the headace of the free platforms that limit creativity, and watch your business grow by the day.

Pros:

Ease of use Easing learning curve layout options customizations options sleek templates quick onboarding

Cons:

Towards the beginning of my experience with Squarespace, I needed some customer sesrvice and the process to find where I could go for help was not easy. This was back in 2017 however, so I'm not sure if that process has improved since then (I'd like to think so!)

Mark
Executive Director in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, Self Employed

Allowing my nonprofit's website to stay adaptive and relevant amidst an ever-changing web.

Comments: Squarespace won me over after years of thinking I could do a better job "designing it" on my own with free templates for WordPress. Time and time again I would spend days or weeks on the site, be happy with it, and then months later it would all be out of date, look old, and not function in the ways that information transfer had shifted by internet users. I decided that a professional, clean and easy to use Squarespace site, with robust back-end capabilities is what I needed, and I have not been disappointed.

Pros:

Squarespace really has their act together in offering a clean, easy to use , beautiful web building platform. I run a media and video production nonprofit, and the needs and functionality of my site have evolved almost yearly since 2013. The way that people engage with content on the internet is always changing, and I got caught up in the flow of trying to always evolve the website to keep up. I used GoDaddy and WordPress for too many years, and eventually migrated them all to Squarespace because it was all just so much more streamlined, modern, clean and simple. I now have the basic website I need, and know that there are many many ways to customize it if needed without messing up the whole site (as happened many times on WordPress) I changed my entire .com and .org from a WordPress template on GoDaddy, and could not be happier with the customer service I received from Squarespace, they were so helpful in getting everything aligned for the transition.

Cons:

I wish there were maybe 15-20 more templates, and that a few of them were specifically meant for video galleries, as that is what my organization focuses on in our storytelling, videos. I would love a template tailor made for aggregating videos. For now I can use a photo gallery or blog and adapt it, which works fine, but my wish list would be a video focused and designed template.

Lola
creative director in UK
Design, 2–10 Employees

Great design features but need more e-commerce support

Comments: I enjoy using Squarespace. If the e-commerce features are more competitive, it would be a perfect website builder!

Pros:

Squarespace is amazing for putting together an attractive, professional website in no time. Having used various website builders over the years, I'd say Squarespace is the most beginner-friendly. The website templates are beautiful and very easy to edit - no coding or design skills required! Because of Squarespace's extensive customisable design elements, it is best for portfolio websites - where stylish layout is important and you don't need advanced e-commerce features. And being one of the most established website builder platforms around, you can also trust that your website will be secure.

Cons:

Squarespace isn't so great in terms of e-commerce integration. For example, it lacks the infrastructure to create useful shipping options (e.g. free delivery over £50), which should be an essential e-commerce feature. If you're looking to build an online store, I wouldn't recommend Squarespace.

Maria
Creative Star and Founder in US
Apparel & Fashion, Self Employed

My Love for all things Squarespace!

Comments: Incredible and stress free.

Pros:

What I like most is it’s ease of use, new Fluid Engine and their stellar customer service.

Cons:

At this point with the new Fluid Engine and new design features I cannot think of anything else I would want; however that doesn’t mean there aren’t always new features that can be added. What I do know is that Squarespace listens to their users and they have responded by adding incredible new features and functionality. They continue to provide the best quality and reliability for their customers and that’s what keeps me a Squarespace user.

Darren
YouTuber in Spain
Broadcast Media, 2–10 Employees

For simple website design and amangement look no further.

Comments: I think squarespace is great. For a non technical user what this provides me with is a very simple and quick way of developing and managing an attractive website with all the functionality needed.

Pros:

Squarespace makes designing and managing your website simple. Making edits, implementing redesigns are quick and easy to complete. This was the main reason we switched as we wanted anybody to be able to manage the website with no need for technical web skills.

Cons:

Sometimes the way things work are not intuitive, they remain easy, but initially the way to achieve something is not always obvious. Additionally Squarespace in my opinion is not designed for high end, high functionality websites so for some the service may be limited.

Dave
Dave
Founder and Arts Chaplain in Canada
Music, Self Employed

Squarespace remains my top choice, but just barely.

Comments: I used to build my own sites - first manually then through Wordpress. I used to have a lot of security issues. Multiple hacks and breaches. Lost sites and downtime. I haven't lost a wink of sleep over a website since I signed up for Squarespace. For me, that's worth the money I pay. The software is beautiful, slick and simple (once you understand it - it's a bit quirky). But the cost keeps rising while other, cheaper options keep getting better. I still love Squarespace, but it's increasingly tough to recommend based on price.

Pros:

Squarespace is easy to set up (a site can be completed in an hour or less if you have all the info you need ready to go). Once a site is live, it rarely has any issues, becomes visible on Google fairly quickly, and there are no security worries to deal with as everything is hosted on THEIR servers, not mine. The templates are the best in the business and it's difficult to make a Squarespace site look ugly. Not impossible of course, but tough :) Drag and drop interface is great and integrations abound.

Cons:

Squarespace has become increasingly expensive, moving more and more features to higher and higher tiers. Their e-commerce options are great for a simple store with few product options, but you cannot change the image of a product when a customer selects a variation of that product - like a different colour of shift, for example. This was a deal-breaker on a recent project and drove us toward Shopify. Wix sites used to look terrible. They can now look pretty good (again, mileage may vary with templates and design skills). Bandzoogle has more features for bands at a better price point. Weebly has great design options. All claim easy drag and drop interfaces. All offer cheaper options than Squarespace for a similar feature set. Squarespace domains are free for the first year only. Then, thye cost more than many other options. I found that one out the hard way.

Mimi
Integrated Producer in US
Marketing & Advertising, 51–200 Employees

Allows anyone to be a professional, easily

Comments: Overall, I am pleased with Squarespace. I think it is the most professional website builder out there. However, its price point and its inconsistencies hinder it from getting a 10/10 on my end.

Pros:

I like how easy to customize and use Squarespace is and always has been. Especially with their latest version release, site building has become more customizable than ever. Their templates also serve as awesome inspiration. Customer service is also quick, friendly, and efficient.

Cons:

There are some inconsistencies across templates and versions. Things like adding a caption to galleries or password protecting a portfolio page - which you'd think would be options, based on previous templates or other modules/page types, are not available across the board. This is frustrating when you're building a site with a specific vision in mind, but you can't achieve those results. CX associates have also told me that there are 'bugs' that are being sent to tech teams, however they can't provide updates on ETA's for fixes. It has been a month since I was told that, still no fix. It's not a good look to have such a tech-forward company fail on promises or updates to users on bugs, or elements that are prohibiting from utilizing the platform in the ways expected. Squarespace is also quite pricey compared to its competitors.

Internet, 11–50 Employees

When minimalism was a luxury

Comments: I trully believe SS is being hold hostage by its once glorious minimalist phyloshophy and streamlined way of doing things. Their templates all look the same now.

Pros:

Squarespace helped us develop good looking and fuctional website in no time, with outstanding streamlined interface and ease of use with minimalism in mind. + Premium fonts.

Cons:

In my personal opinion, I think SS is lost with its minimalist phyloshopy and streamlined way of doing things. It was good a couple of years back when it was the only kid in town but websites have developed so much that the need for robust features and fuctionality is more a necessity than a commodity now. They just released their extension feature but it consist of no more than a few addons.

Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Nice software, but fragile and randomly freezes or glitches

Comments: Overall it’s a pretty good experience. Although there are glitches and times when it simply freezes for no apparent reason . This can be infuriating, especially after writing a lot of content, and it will not save or update the text (we pay for the gigablast fastest business internet our ISP sells). Sometimes it will save an old draft, not the current one, this makes me want to scream. Sometimes it will delete things I don’t want it to accidentally I’m not sure what the problem is, there needs to be a general undo button. Something that can protect you if the website is glitching or acting nuts..

Pros:

The stylish look of the fonts and web design. The styles look professional enough, the competitors looked too childlike or complicated to setup. I also like that you can do most of the editing from the app, not just the laptop.

Cons:

What concerns me about this software, is the lack of ownership over all the work put into the website. Software companies these days are becoming political and illogical at times. Although my team and company doesn’t deal with anything political like that, it’s in the back of our mind’s that eventually we will need to break off from Squarespace because they have too much power over our website and servers. All it takes is one new CEO who is ‘Woke’ or a Twitter tweet with no accountability or responsibility, to blow up and a company’s online presence can be severely compromised. Like I said what we do is not even controversial, but We have seen from other marketing firms, weird issues like that concerning square space and competitors. So as time goes on and we become more profitable, the goal is to eventually break away from Square space over lack of control over our own website and servers.

Anna
Anna
Head of Communications in Switzerland
Arts & Crafts, 2–10 Employees

Beautiful websites!

Pros:

Before switching from Wordpress to something more contemporary, I thoroughly researched the offerings, and a lot of website-building platforms seemed to have little difference between them. But I trialed most of market leaders every since, and I can surely say, squarespace websites are the prettiest. For businesses that rely heavily on the visual element of their marketing, that is super important. And the recent update (the possibility to overlap blocks and place them anywhere on the grid, regardless of the page structure) is an absolute game-changer, and I am totally in love.

Cons:

The only thing that I am not entirely satisfied is how Squarespace approaches multi-language websites - I had to turn to a third-party plugin. It is not a deal breaker for me, but it was just strange not to offer this in the first place.

Virginia
Communications Manager in US
Information Technology & Services, 51–200 Employees

The argument for Squarespace over Wordpress: for simplicity and beginners

Pros:

There are many, many website creation platforms… and making the wrong decision is a disaster no one should have encounter. Because Squarespace and Wordpress are so prominently recognized, this review is intended for those trying to decide between the two. Overall, I would recommend Squarespace for organizations, entrepreneurs, small size businesses, startup company, or anyone who wants to take a more simplistic approach to building their website. Wordpress would be better utilized for websites with a lot of content, images, or heavily customizable needs and/or larger businesses. Pros Squarespace website generation platform is a heavily controlled and monitored environment, run only by the company itself. All the testing is done within their own environment to ensure all plugins, tools, etc. are running correctly at all times. Squarespace is a great fit for beginners who would prefer to have the web creation platform make the decisions for you or those who want something simple and navigationally instinctual. Navigating my way around Squarespace took me a simple day to learn its ins and outs; it took me nearly a year to learn all the unique, in-depth features of Wordpress. Because Squarespace is not an open source platform, its customer support team is available 24-hours a day, to help resolve issues and provide advice (via live chat). It’s their responsibility to fix any plugins, or issues that arise outside of your control. In contrast Wordpress is an open source platform, meaning the responsibility for fixing any issues that arise would fall on you; you will most likely need to hire outside help if you are a beginner and/or have little tech/coding experience. Although Wordpress is more customizable (developers/programmers can create their own plugins, themes, and tools and apply it to your site for a specific look) you take the risk of running into potential compatibility issues; open source does not always guarantee 100% reliability.

Cons:

Because Squarespace is a more simplistic approach to web creation, you don’t have the option to fully customize the theme or jazz it up the way you may want. If you are really looking to create a website that is fully automated and stands out from the general information website I would suggest WordPress. I have not found Squarespace’s community help center to be as helpful in providing answers or pointing me in the right direction, however you always have support available to you; Wordpress has a larger collection of help forums on the web that can help you figure out fix issues, compatibility, coding adjustments, etc.