• Overall
    4.7 /5
    4.6 /5
  • Customer Service Software
    4.7 /5

About Hiver

Hiver is a Gmail-based customer service solution that helps teams collaborate on shared inboxes like [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]

Learn more about Hiver

Andrea G.
  • Reviewed on 04/03/2018

"Awful experience!!! After integrating this tool, my clients stopped receiving my emails."

Comments: None. Hiver completely derailed our operations at a period of peak media coverage.

Pros: Hiver features initially seemed great. I was eager to make use of their promised benefits. Unfortunately, Hiver completely halted our operations for over a week and lost us a great deal of business. Throughout it all, their team was unapologetic and dismissive of the role that Hiver had in derailing our email communications with clients. Rather than seeing this as an opportunity to resolve and repair clear technical defects, they blatanly blew off our repeated requests for support.

Cons: I tested out many collaborative email tools before deciding to go with Hiver. I was impressed by the intuitive design, canned response functionality and mobile app. Unfortunately, several days after installing the tool, we began to suspect that our clients were not receiving our emails consistently. I reached out to Hiver several times over the course of a few days and received no response. This lapse in email functionality coincided with some significant and favorable press coverage - our site traffic was nearly double what it normally was - and yet we went for 10 entire days without a single new client at a time when we would normally have 10-15 new clients typically. I tried for an entire week to engage help from the Hiver team. They insisted - and continue to insist- that their tool does not impact email sending functionality. I would beg to differ. As soon as I uninstalled Hiver, my communications with clients returned to normal. On a final note, to top this off, my team and I are 3 women. When we called Hiver's India-based support team, they were loudy making obvious, derogotary remarks about our being female and unable to understand their tool - calling us 'Dumb Blondes'. Highly inept and unprofessional team. Also worst nightmare for a growing startup!

• Reviewed on 04/03/2018
Charlie R.
Partner

"Easy Email Management"

Comments: Great overall experience that has helped us become more efficient and communicate very effectively.

Pros: Hiver is a great way to manage a shared inbox efficiently and integrates easily with Gmail. Our team is able to assign emails, share notes, and easily see a chain of communication ensuring all incoming enquiries are dealt with quickly and efficiently. There are easy ways to set up template copy too, accessible to the whole team.

Cons: No cons, it's good to be aware that once an email is assigned to a staff member, you won't see this email thread again unless you actively search for it.

Brian C.
Senior Solutions Manager
Management Consulting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/06/2020

"Excellent Add-On to a Gmail-centric Workflow"

Comments: Overall, I very much like Hiver and think it is an excellent service that solved our very real problem when redesigning our company's architecture. I have been pleased not only with the functioning of Hiver, but also with the seemingly kind people behind the scenes who are always improving Hiver and are always available for a questions, if one arises.

Pros: Our company moved over to G Suite in an effort to move to cloud-based operations from our previous terminal server setup (Windows-based ONLY; accessibility was relatively limited if not at the office). When making the switch, we note that Gmail does not have a shared mailbox function – something that our company entirely relies on. So though you're getting the "Suite" of apps that are necessary (and excellent) for operations, a large piece of the puzzle was absent. HIVER offered EXACTLY what we were looking for. Accessibility to shared email addresses/inboxes for a small or large number of employees. Hiver is an excellent and essential tool in our company's toolbox. Furthermore, the customer service I receive is always quick and accurate and a smile seems to be permanently attached to the customer service reps, making it not only easy, but also pleasant, to address issues.

Cons: Our company works entirely online – browser-based and mobile devices. Hiver has an iPhone app that we use and it is constantly improving, but the iPad app is the iPhone app on a bigger screen. Hiver's latest update duplicates the size parameters of the iPhone app, so it is not just enlarged (causing a grainy picture) but rather readable. The downside of the app version is that I can't seem to compose a new email from one of the shared mailboxes. While traveling I may need to send an email from a shared address, but cannot do so with the Hiver app. Further, Hiver sorely leaves behind the template functionality – something that our company depends on – and I can't seem to create signatures for the various addresses. A new iPad app may be a longer project, but if the shared templates and signature functions could be addressed, that would take Hiver to a new level for companies such as ours. We are also looking at investing in Hiver again for a new setup, but I note that the prices have become quite high. While G Suite itself is $12/user, if you require more than one shared inbox (which seems very likely) you're paying almost double @ $22+/user for Hiver, which then starts to crank up the price making it seems like less of a "value". It may require some planning, but Gmail offers alternatives to the shared inbox which may appeal to customers who would find this too expensive.

Fanni V.
Senior People Operations Coordinator
Financial Services Software, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/06/2020

"A real difference in admin heavy teams"

Pros: Our team is small enough and the volume of admin tasks is manageable, so using a Jira ticketing system would have been far to restrictive. I appreciate the flexibility Hiver gives while still helping us organise tasks. The 3-4 of us manage the same mailbox where queries come into from the rest of the organisation, so it was hard for us to keep track of what has and hasn't been actioned, and by whom in the team. Hiver lies on top of this mailbox and allows us to assign queries to each other and mark the status of the emails which was a game changer for us. In addition, Hiver's analytics tool helps us understand what most of the queries are about and thus where to focus our energies when coming up with self-service options.

Cons: The analytics tool is not always very accurate. We'd like to understand what our response time is but often this is very skewed for some reason and isn't realistic. I think this is still a work in progress for them.

• Reviewed on 24/06/2020
David Q.
Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/06/2020

"Hiver is Gmail's best kept secret"

Comments: Extremely positive. Our team has come to depend on it and use it every hour of every working day. Very positive and enaging support team also for the few times we've had questions.

Pros: We love the ability to tag our colleagues on emails relating to them and add internally viewable comments alongside the email thread. Unlike almost all the competitors we tested Hiver doesn't take you out of your Inbox workflow - it simply extends what you can do in Gmail in really cleaver ways.

Cons: The shared mailbox feature while great adds too many icons to the left menu in Gmail. A small complaint I know but I like to keep things as clutter free as possible.

Jr A.
Operations Manager
Logistics & Supply Chain, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/09/2019

"Hiver"

Comments: great for managing a team, Hiver is very helpful and easy to work and make sure that any problem you occur is addressed a 100%

Pros: Easy to manage a team with, full visibility and different rolls.. good analytics for reporting

Cons: better reporting, with more robust and customizeable anayltics

• Reviewed on 17/09/2019
Bartek M.
Operations Manager
Professional Training & Coaching, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/09/2019

"Awesome Product"

Pros: I highly recommend this product for how well it integrates with Gmail / Google Custom Domain Mail. This product has been tremendously helpful in improving our email support and provide the tools necessary for properly tracking support requests and collaborating as a team!

Cons: Honestly, I had to think hard to come up with something I dislike about the product. The only thing may be that the emails synced via the "Shared Mailbox" functionality also show up in search results when you try to search your own mailbox for emails. There is a way around this by using special search criteria, but a generic search will return results from the Shared Mailbox as well as from your own "personal" mailbox.

• Reviewed on 11/09/2019
Sales & Marketing Manager
Industrial Automation, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/03/2019

"I'm a Surv-Hiver"

Comments: Hiver for us has been an accelerator and a generator for new business, just by keeping our team organised. It is the BEST shared inbox app available and we tried 3/4 others in the months before going for Hiver. The shared mailbox feature is simple to set up and works exactly as you would want it to - as an inbox view-able in the same way by multiple selected users. From there we can assign emails to relevant people (this feature is incredible and makes the email pop up in the users inbox without even the need to navigate to a different folder) and take non relevant emails ou of the folder allowing a seamless workflow between our sales and support team.

Pros: The shared mailbox features is incredible and provides exactly what we needed when looking into a viable Email sharing solution for Gmail. We use the shared mailbox for our [email protected] and [email protected] email addresses and they can be shared seamlessly between colleagues and assigned without any clashing, or duplicate emails being sent out. Works an absolute treat

Cons: At times, since the support is only US and India based, the time difference means support is not always available to us UK time.

• Reviewed on 15/03/2019
Elise L.
Business Manager
Construction, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/10/2019

"An essential tool in our business"

Pros: We use Hiver to delegate tasks, share responsibility for customer-facing email accounts among on-site office staff and virtual assistants, and provide searchable history for customer communications across multiple parties. Hiver is the only solution we've found that's a G Suite add-on that meets our needs.

Cons: The mobile app is ok and has improved lately but there's still room for innovation there.

• Reviewed on 07/10/2019
Nnamdi I.
Job Captain
Architecture & Planning, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/09/2019

"Ease of getting up to speed"

Pros: I really liked the fact that all the correspondence that my team had with clients and consultants were easily compiled in one location that is easily searchable.

Cons: I dont have anything negative to say about this software.

Claire B.
Deal Desk
  • Reviewed on 23/06/2020

"Easy to use tool for managing inbound requests to a shared mailbox"

Comments: Shared emails (visibility) and coverage during vacation / sickness
Prioritisation of tasks

Pros: Assigning emails to certain individuals
Option to leave an item in pending status with tags helping to understand why it is pending
Notes to alert other users about something relevant to the subject

Cons: Not able to make someone else a "follower" of a topic / email.

William H.
Business Owner
Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/08/2018

"Best of Class Email Collaboration"

Pros: The software works great and is reliable. By instituting a hierarchy for managing our mail via Hiver, it has unlocked countless hours of productivity for our executive team all the while providing accountability for email communication and the prevention of issues slipping through the cracks.

Cons: The software was a bit difficult to set up for our company's needs and the price point is up there. Our researched showed there there really aren't any great competitors out there that integrate this well with Google. I mentioned productivity gains earlier, and in the balance of considerations, pricing was not a huge priority for us if we could find the right functionality--which we did with Hiver.

• Reviewed on 13/08/2018
Priyanka P.
Clinical Director/Partner
Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 Employees

"Excellent Addition!"

Pros: I really enjoy the save and close feature when I know an issue has been resolved. It helps me keep track of everything I need in my busy job!

Cons: It works great for my company. I personally don't see anything that could be improved at this time

Virginia C.
Account Manager
Printing, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/04/2019

"Hiver review"

Pros: Emails can be seen by all staff with program (if linked) without the need to have to log in to different personal email accounts. Notes can be left for other users as well.

Cons: Searching for a specific email can be very challenging.

• Reviewed on 05/04/2019
Jorge R.
Tracking Assistant
Logistics & Supply Chain, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/02/2019

"Corporate email just got 100 times easier"

Comments: A great tool that makes corporate email communication seamless, clear and easy

Pros: Best tool for email communication in large companies

Cons: I have not found anything I dislike, it’s user friendly and has the exact amount of options to make everything easy

• Reviewed on 01/02/2019
Carl M.
  • Reviewed on 20/05/2014

"The best app. we have ever purchased to help run an efficient office"

Comments: We run an office with 2 virtual workers, who work away form the main office, and 4 other workers in the main office.
Grexit allows us to allocate tasks to individual workers, avoid any duplication of work, and keeps a clear workflow for all to see. Works brilliantly with my android phone too. This means that even if I am out of the office, if is easy to distribute the days work flow to individual co-workers.

• Reviewed on 20/05/2014
Greg M.
  • Reviewed on 24/10/2014

"Great!"

Comments: Fantastic product for sharing or collaborating mail without all the forwarding. Simple to setup and use and the guys have a great attitude toward accommodating your requests. Thank you!

• Reviewed on 24/10/2014
Felix M.
VP
  • Reviewed on 20/02/2015

"So easy to use!"

Comments: I use it with a few of my employees and it is so easy to track who's done what and to access important information instantly.

• Reviewed on 20/02/2015
Gary W.
  • Reviewed on 27/03/2015

"Great app, A+"

Comments: Great extension that does what it promises. Very helpful support staff as well.

• Reviewed on 27/03/2015
Brian M.
  • Reviewed on 27/11/2014

"Does what it says on the box"

Comments: It works really well, and the customer support is really snappy.

• Reviewed on 27/11/2014
Bryn S.
Director of Operations
  • Reviewed on 10/09/2019

"Hiver has been a game changer our account management team!"

Pros: Hiver has made it so much easier for our client-facing teams to collaborate with each other and better serve all of our clients' needs. Everybody can see all the emails coming in, leave internal notes for each other, mark emails as pending/closed, use templates...the list goes on. It's been a huge game changer!

Cons: I wish we could use Hiver for even more. Everything about it is great, including amazing customer service, and so now I want to get rid of our other software/integration app providers and just use Hiver exclusively.

Juan david N.
Customer Care Rep
Consumer Electronics, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/09/2019

"Managing a team was never easier!"

Comments: KPI measurement Prioritizing emails, Coworking with shared inboxes, Highlight important emails that need immediate attention.

Pros: This add will make teamwork 100% easier and more efficient. I can start by saying that the fact that it will sort every upcoming email to the person in charge is amazing, not only because it will help to have a more organized shared box, but it will also let us supervise the email flow from our colleagues and give them a hand whenever they need or are out for vacation. On the other hand, having the option to leave comments on the memo field, will also help us to remind important information or simply inform our colleagues about something. Last but not least, Hiver gives us the opportunity to work with shared mailboxes and prioritize whatever is important for the team and allows us to "Close" every task that no longer needs our attention.

Cons: It was hard for me to find a con for this tool as it offers all the essential features that I need to sort my emails
and supervise the email flow for our team. However, I found probably a glitch when emails that are on "pending" status are not automatically opened whenever they get a reply.

• Reviewed on 18/09/2019
Michael W.
Sales Manager
  • Reviewed on 22/06/2020

"Hiver was a game changer for us"

Comments: Hiver has been awesome from a trial to full implementation. I was able to get exactly what I needed for my team and it has made our sales department so much better. Emails can easily get out of control and after struggling with basic Gmail for so long it was time to find a solution. Hiver became the perfect solution for us and it was the easiest pitch to my boss to get it.

Pros: Assigning emails to our team members has been a game changer. We are no longer fumbling over ourselves and can clearly see who is handling which email. It has added organization and accountability that was lacking on our team when it came to handling our main sales email account.

Cons: The analytics are easy but we don't use them very much.

Operations Specialist
Real Estate, 11-50 Employees

"Hiver Review"

Pros: Helps organize shared inbox and keeps members of company accountable for getting back to customers. No excuses for not seeing an email - Hiver makes it so easy to keep track of hundreds of daily emails!

Cons: I want customizable notification settings - I get emails assigned to me everyday and don't need that info but being able to see the times that a colleague @'s me will be super helpful and those seem to get lost in the notifications.

Christina O.
AP/AR Manager
Logistics & Supply Chain, 501-1,000 Employees

"Excellent Product"

Pros: Very intuitive and easy to implement. Allows for internal communication without creating extra emails within an email conversation. Handles high volume with ease. Ability to add tags and auto-assign emails based on multiple conditions. Ability to schedule outgoing emails and SLA-violation rules.

Cons: Inability to mark notifications as unread, however this is an upcoming feature.