15 years helping Israeli businesses

About Timely

Run your salon like a pro with easy-to-use booking software that puts you in control of the whole client experience.

Learn more about Timely

Pros:

Communication is key for a small business with a number of employees, Timely allowed management to bypass certain communications by utilizing Timely.

Cons:

When we brought it to their attention, they informed us that the problem we have with their software is why a lot of salons choose to leave Timely or not subscribe to Timely.

Timely ratings

4.7
4.7
4.4
4.5

8.8/10

Timely has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 700 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Timely before?

Mark William
Mark William
Chef / Content Creator in Australia

Easy to use

Comments: Solved our previous complicated process of clients booking online.

Pros:

Ease of use - very easy for our non technical staff to get using it. Simple UI makes it like other familiar software. I love the integration with Google Contacts and Google Calendar - our clients are impressed when we answer phone calls using their name.

Cons:

- They recently introduced packages - but they can't yet be booked online by clients. We have a work around in our setup - but it causes a bit more admin work. - I'd also like to see more options for the rules around when consult forms are sent out. - International clients have trouble booking with us - since you can only allow clients with the same phone country code as the business to book in online. - Having some difficulty with Mailchimp integration - we've switched to Timely > Zapier > Mailchimp instead of Timely > Mailchimp directly.

Bonita
Owner/Lash & Brow Stylist in Australia
Consumer Services, Self Employed

I love Timely

Comments: 10/10 love every step I've taking with timely.

Pros:

Timely has been super easy to use, the help guides are very explanatory. I think I have only had to contact the timely team 2 or 3 times in the 3 years I have been using timely. It has made my business work so much more smoothly with less admin required from me (I have a hard enough time keeping up with all the other admin work there is)

Cons:

I cannot think of any right now but I love that you have feedback links handy so if something feels like it could be improved the button is right there. I don't have to stop what i'm doing to let you know what my thoughts are.

Paul Cedric
Automation Engineer in Philippines
Industrial Automation, 11–50 Employees

Timely review

5.0 last month New

Pros:

Neatly done and can accommodate you in timely manner

Cons:

Sometimes loading problem or it is just the network error.

Ray
Owner/Operator in Australia
Consumer Services, 2–10 Employees

I don't even know where to start!

Comments: It should work well for a single person operator looking for basic scheduling/tracking of appointments but if you've got a multiple staff and lots of products, definitely consider other options first. Timely has a lot of growing to do and at the current rate, it's going to be a very long growth!

Pros:

The support team is fantastic and the application itself 'looks' great. Looks are very deceiving though. The most basic functions work well. Beyond that, there are plenty of issues, including lots of unfinished features.

Cons:

Far too many features are left unfinished. Every time something new is released I'm left somewhat shocked how basic functionality that could complete the feature is left out. Even Stock Management is tedious and unituitve. Something basic like not being able to make recurring appointments that have more than 1 service. Limited to a total of 160 characters for SMS. Sales Reports report incorrect/misleading figures. No customer accounts. No loyalty system. Can't create custom value gift vouchers on the fly (they all need to be preset amounts). If you have more than one staff member, you're going to be in for more surprises - good luck to you! There is far too many things to mention. I could go on but hopefully you get the point. Approach the application with caution, and if it means paying for additional month or two to PROPERLY test it out, do it! It could save you a lot of grief in the long run. Timely say they care about customer feedback but in the 2.5 years we've been using it, very little has been done to improve even basic functionality. In fact, not a single one of the things I've mentioned above has been addressed in that time. Given all the new (incomplete) features being released without first addressing the swarm of issues currently present is further proof.

Darlene
Senior Accountant in Philippines
Accounting Software, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Efficient and Reliable: A Timely Review

Pros:

Ease of use. This is what I always look at when availing or using products. As a busy individual, I would want to use something that does not require so much of my time. Timely helps me with my time management, Helps me book appointments with ease with zero to no errors.

Cons:

At first, I struggled using timely as it was my first time using scheduling software and I had limited technical experience

Isabel
Beautician in UK
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed

Perfect System for a single user

Comments: Overall my experience with timely has been great. I recommend it to all my other friends who are beauticians. It’s helped me to elevate my business 100%.

Pros:

Timely has been instrumental in my business becoming more serious and structured. I love timely in all aspects but the ones that stick out to me are TimelyPay - it is so seamless and gives me peace of mind if a client no shows, my clients also find it so handy when they don’t have to bring their purse. I also love all of the reports, it helps me with my tax return at the end of the year and the Future Value report is great for seeing what you will be earning that month. I also love the timely aesthetic it’s clean simple modern and fresh.

Cons:

I wish with the reports where you can chose what length of time you want to see we had a “Next Month” option instead I have to use “Specific Date Range”. Other than that one issue I don’t have anything bad to say about timely!

Natasha
Spa Director in Australia

Timely Software reviewed by a Software Extremist

Comments: Accessibility and modernity have become key benefits of doing business with Natashas Skin Spa, and of working for us.
Staff are perceived as more professional, feel more professional, and provide an overall better client experience. Clients and staff benefit, business makes more money, I personally am free to work from anywhere I like due to full time access via the cloud, and I now take month long holidays instead of being tied to the premises.

Pros:

The best thing is the improved income - more bookings, more online bookings, more repeat bookings, more free marketing content produced by staff using the photo diary feature.

Cons:

Needs a strong set of reporting filters added to enable segmented marketing.

Timely Response

3 years ago

Thank you so much for sharing your experience, Natasha. We really appreciate the consideration you put in when you chose us and we're thrilled to hear how we'll you're getting on - especially the month long holidays! x

Iliyan
Manager in Bulgaria
Legal Services, 2–10 Employees

A powerful and very useful time tracking tool

Comments: For sure, my brief experience up to now shows the program is very useful, much more than expected!Please consider adding n option to automatically issue invoices on the basis of the generated reports (or synching this feature with another outside invoicing program?). This will save the business a lot of time and will make you stand out from the competition!

Pros:

It's the calendar syncing. Please work on better syncing with Outlook Calendar.Other than that, Timely is very user-friendly. The mobile app is not so much, one needs to navigate through several screens to find the necessary tools. There a lot of options on the app you can explain better how to be used

Cons:

I am missing the synching with the Outlook Calendar. Sometimes, the program doe not run fast enough when prompted initially. Also, some lagging occurs from time to time. There is a delay sometimes in connecting via the app too but not too often.

Adeena
Assistant director in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 51–200 Employees

Great task management system

Comments: It is a super great app and gathers all data you need

Pros:

We used this to track projects that employees said were taking to much of their time. We were able to see how much time was actually spent on projects

Cons:

I had a hard time using it with IOS but worked amazing with windows

Laurence
Dean in US
Education Management, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Timely So True With Right Now Scheduling

Comments: I like Timely and appreciate efficacy of use

Pros:

Easy of use, friendly customer supports and education

Cons:

Need for more hands on training opportunities

Susan
owner in US

This is the closest to perfect I have found in scheduling software for hair salons.

Pros:

The absolute best part of this software, that sooooo many companies are missing, is the ability to set up your appointments for double-booking/power-booking/piggy-back appointments. Whatever you want to label the method of scheduling, it is a method that almost every single successful hair stylist uses so we can take an appointment during the time that hair color is processing. These guys also make it very relaxing if you plan to have more service providers in the future. You will not need to calculate a higher rate when the big day comes. That one is also a rare and beautiful gem in the world of salon software! The online booking widget and mini-website are customizable, look sharp and they optimized for mobile websites. It even works with WIX!They also have email campaigns, reminders via email and SMS/ text messages. You can decide at what time intervals your messages go out. This is super handy if you tend to goof up when rescheduling a client. The default is set for 10 minutes and I think it's perfect. If you accidentally put someone down 15 minutes later than intended and move it when you realize 3-4 minutes later, your customer will only get one notification. The correct one. Very cool!

Cons:

There isn't anything that I "dislike" about the software. There are a couple of things that should be implemented that are a bit mind-boggling as to why they are not already. Such as tips... That is probably the most annoying thing I have found. You have to create a product named "Tip" and add it every time that your customer tips you, which is every single sale. It's not a huge problem when you are checking the customer out. The headache comes later when you are doing your accounting and you have to do separate calculations, rather than just sending it straight over to your accountant. The last booger is that the texts/SMS are not included in the plan price. You must purchase them separately. However, this could be a "pro" for those that don't want to use the SMS feature. Surely the price would be higher if they were included.

Alana
Cosmetic Tattooist / Brow Artist in New Zealand

Lans Artistry

Comments: Good system to use. Price is the only thing that I feel somewhat dissatisfied with, there are already so many additional costs for a small business and this is just one of many systems I need to use.

Pros:

It is user friendly, has a nice interface and a lot of useful features

Cons:

I find the marketing link to mailchimp isn’t as user friendly and that I need to just manage my email marketing in mail chimp directly. I found it difficult to transfer my mailing list over. Cost increase between 1 and 2 users is nearly double which is quite significant for a small business and other systems do not charge as much for additional users.

Rebecca
Owner/ Skin Therapist in Australia

Have been working with Timely for over 6 years

Comments: They are great to deal with, overall would definitely recommend them as a salon software company.

Pros:

For someone who isn’t very technologically savvy, overall the system is easy to use, looks neat and tidy and has some great features to help keep track of the financials. The support is great but I am on the highest tier of payment so I’d definitely expect that.

Cons:

A couple of the features seem to be better in theory than practice but a phone call to the help desk usually helps work out how fix a problem. However, Timely are great at taking feedback when something could be done better from a working point of view. The transaction fee for online bookings and stored credit cards is high which is not favourable. I don’t know the overall costings of other software companies but I wouldn’t say what I pay monthly is ‘average’ from talking to other business owners but I s’pose you pay for what you get.

Gordon
Owner in Australia
, Self Employed

not there yet guys!

Comments: I've used timely for a while, fantastic until you discover another system,
I was happy with Timely until my wee map icon would not take me to Google (app) maps a bit of a bugger when you're a mobile service provider and need fast easy effective solutions, today I just discovered the solution to my problem, that's after asking Timely customer service for help, got the stock standard replies plus all the team have tried to solve the issue! the answer was simple I would have expected all the Timely peeps would have solved that one! & by the way, the problem was not a Timely one but you did not go that wee bit further to help me
so after a few weeks, i went searching for another system found & set more tried them both (and a few others. very good on par with Timely but found a different program and I am now very happy.
As a mobile service provider, when I receive a phone call within 60 seconds I need to key in my clients details & book their job, the map thing, is also a must I don't need to be typing in addresses into google maps, a lot of the time my Timely invoices were not syncing with xero, so i switched to a competitor and gave the log in details to my book keeper and happy days, i can now send automated requests for reviews with using a outside system, i can tag my clients and search them this allows me to send reminders vouchers discounts easier than the Timely set up.
The overall cost for me does not matter all of the systems are within coooeee of each other so thats not an issue.
thanks Timely peeps

Pros:

easy to set up and use

Cons:

lacks functionality

Sumeet
CEO in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11–50 Employees

Timely

Comments: Excellent product and features that are at a very reasonable price. The software offers more features that we don't utilize just yet, but may in the near future.

Pros:

Integration with our current process and systems was easy. It actually made it more efficient. It is user-friendly and employees/clients find it to be "high-tech"

Cons:

Sometimes the software lags (rarely) and requires us to stop and refresh/restart the program. The cost is reasonable but we wish it was slightly cheaper.

Mark
Director in New Zealand
Education Management, 2–10 Employees

Great System

Comments: Usign the timely calendar has made booking clients in much easier, whether in the office or out on the road - plus we have been able to include an online booking system as well.

Pros:

Timely allows us to manage our instructors and locations really well. Everything is programmed in so different services that take different amounts of time are all booked in automatically, including breaks and padding time between sessions.

Cons:

As yet Timely does not allow me to see all appointments booked for different locations within the calendar software. It compensates by allowing us to export to a google calendar but this is not the ideal way of doing things for me. I want to see all appointments for all staff in one view. However - Timely do listen and have a team who are working to improve things as they go. I have to accept that my situation is unusual and therefore lower on the priority list to provide a solution - but at least I know it is on the radar. As a small business owner I would prefer keeping costs down as much as possible. I would prefer to see an entry level subscription that allows 3-5 staff without an extra monthly charge.

Ben
Director in UK
, 2–10 Employees

Timely has organised our Pet care business immaculately!

Comments: We used to manage our customer appointments using a written diary, however at the rate our business has scaled in 12 months, this was simply not an effective solution. Following extensive research into finding the best cloud solution for our pet care business, Timely provided the most customisable yet simplistic solution that ticked all the boxes I needed ticking. Managing customer appointments is so simple and extremely effective in minimising customers no shows with Timely's reliable customer reminders. We have booked over 2000 appointments in the past 12 months without a single hitch. Were extremely please with how this integrates so well with our operations.

Pros:

Ease of use for appointment scheduling, Customer notifications have saved us a lot of customer no shows, The Dashboard is very useful for a snapshot of daily weekly, monthly sales data. Ability to log in from anywhere is great. Invoicing is also very easy.

Cons:

The IOS mobile app need further development to allow a number of simple tasks, i.e. notifications, deletion of appointment permanently, ability to view sales and customer information. Development needs more focus, I dont believe I've seen any functional updates since release.

Jennily
Full Specialist in US
Cosmetics, Self Employed

EASY SOFTWARE FOR BEGINNERS

Pros:

The thing I loved the most is that Timely will provide an invoice for tax purposes and to send to customers if need be. Setting up in general was fun and easy, definitely cut my time down in half.

Cons:

I would love Timely even more if I could add pictures of my work under my services when are booking so they know exactly what to book. I also wish the add ons didn’t have to be in a separate category and was listed under the service for easy add on.

Timely Response

4 years ago

Hi Jennily, Thanks for your review! So pleased to hear you're loving Timely, and those are some great ideas too! As you know we're always looking for ways to make software even better, I'll pass along your suggestions to our product team :)

Matthew
Business Development in US
Hospital & Health Care, 2–10 Employees

A software that truly streamlines business operations

Comments: We are a health and wellness business specializing in massage therapy and corrective exercise. We were at one time using a server/client software that served as a scheduling and POS system. The software was expensive annually, had hefty monthly fees for features that should have been included. The features it did have were poorly implemented and pieced together. Customers voiced their concerns and opinions regarding our checkout and scheduling processes. Moving to timely was a move to streamline and create efficiencies. It was also to reduce overhead and hardware maintenance. The move to Timely has brought some great features to both our staff and clients. We've have nothing but positive feedback.

Pros:

The simplicity of the user experience is great. Clean UI allows for quick and easy scheduling and checkouts. Clients love the online appointment booking. Paying during the online booking has been a positive experience. Our staff enjoys the mobile remote access and notifications when appointments are booked. We also enjoy the continued support and enhancements being made to deepen the software.

Cons:

If there is one feature we could get, it would be an integrated POS. With that said, we currently use Square and it's working fabulously.

Sam
Permanent make up artist & Aesthetics in UK

Amazing booking system

Comments: Fantastic & the team are always really helpful

Pros:

Amazing booking system Which has massively reduced the amount of time spent dealing with client enquiries. Our clients find it easy to use and are able to find out relevant information such as services offered, pricing & availability

Cons:

Consult forms are not simple to set up, more templates for the beauty industry would be helpful as aimed more at hairdressers

Sally
Owner Operator in Australia
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed

Many love this software, but it wasn't for me.

Comments: I think the quality was excellent. It was on the more expensive side but I guess you get what you pay for.

Pros:

I found it easy to use and had all the features you could need.

Cons:

I didn't like that it was developed in the US, and I'm in Australia so I have now found a local product to use/support

Belinda
Hairdresser in New Zealand

How Timely works for me

Comments: Great software, easy to use and helps the everyday running of the salon run smoothly....

Pros:

I fine timely most beneficial for my company.most of all I find it easy to use and saves me alot of time in everyday tasks....

Cons:

The only thing I can think of that could be beneficial to add would be more options under the reoccurring appointment option

Kyla
Owner /Operator in New Zealand
Hospital & Health Care, 2–10 Employees

I haven't looked back

Comments: I have saved myself a lot of money since changing to an online service provider. I am really happy with the rapid response to questions or any problems I may have through the email service. It's great that things are simple to use not over complicated.

Pros:

What I like most is the easy access to all my bookings etc whether I be at work at home or out having a coffee.

Cons:

Not sure whether its my computer being older or internet connection sometimes I find the selection you make e.g. service you have chosen wont appear and you have to re click it a couple of times before it will select. I think there was also something with the voucher set up when some body buys a voucher it would be good if there were some kind of tracking or code for every voucher sold as we manually keep track with expiry dates and voucher numbers in a book.

Lorraine
Hairdresser in UK
Hospitality, Self Employed

L’Reigns Hair Salon

Pros:

I love the ease of use with Timely as I am not very good with computers and technology so I find the system pretty easy to navigate and work out

Cons:

I would like a loyalty scheme to be available. Some things are o my available to higher levels and as I am a sole trader I am on the bottom level

Vanessa
Director in US
Alternative Medicine, 2–10 Employees

Why isn't everyone doing this?!?!?

Comments: Their customer support is amazing, which I have only had to use 2x, they are that good! To have your calendar access anytime anywhere on any device, who wouldnt love it!! And with the ability to send text reminders to our customers phones has cut down on missed appointments drastically! This service is a must for our family owned business. Wouldn't do without it!!

Pros:

The price is perfect, and with all that they offer -- Id expect to pay much more. I love the services and accessability of the gettimely calendar. And if theres a problem, they are all over it right away. Cant say enough good things about them!

Cons:

I wish that it was also an ap that I could put on my phone and devices, that way I wouldnt have to get onto the internet just to check the calendar, but its pretty perfect as it is. :)