15 years helping Israeli businesses

About Booksy

We're here to streamline the small stuff, so you can focus on running your business rather than the other way around.

Learn more about Booksy

Pros:

Ease and App...great costumer service...even haircutting clothes delivered in person.

Booksy ratings

4.3

8.1/10

Booksy has an overall rating of 4.4 out 5 stars based on 359 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Booksy before?

Lou
Lou
Tax Preparer in US
Accounting Software, 2–10 Employees

All in one CRM like App

Comments: My overall experience was a great experience and i will continue to use this app.

Pros:

It acts like a CRM but a great scheduling app.

Cons:

None everything is perfect and i would high recommend this to all my entrepreneurs.

Larissa
Cosmetologist in US

Wonderful app

Comments: My overall experience is wonderful

Pros:

It’s easy and accessible, I love that my clients can book when ever they want with out having to go through me.

Cons:

I’m not quite sure at the moment, i know there were like two things that i didn’t care for much but, none that comes to mind at this very moment.

Roma
Customer Manager in US
Legal Services, 11–50 Employees

Why Booksy Is The Best Scheduling Solution

5.0 last month New

Pros:

It makes facility management easy It handles booking and reservations well It comes with calendar sync I like the ease of scheduling online

Cons:

No major flaws and Booksy has all we need

sergey
oner in US
Accounting Software, 2–10 Employees

HORRIBLE SERVICE

1.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: I had a terrible experience with Booksy. Customer service was so unhelpful and slow to respond when I encountered big issue.
The thing is anyone can create a fake free account using my name and address and set prices lower than mine. When I asked to delete those accounts support asks me to send them some papers to confirm that it's my account and they don't remove fake accounts! When asked to be connected to a manager, they say "he will call you back" but no one ever does. Horrible service and I am losing clients and money because of fake accounts. This is illegal!
Overall, I would not recommend using Booksy until they improve their app and customer support significantly.

Pros:

I cant find something what i like after terrible experience with a customer service

Cons:

Customer service support are totally unprofessional App often crashes

2 weeks ago

Hi Sergey, I'm sorry to hear about your experience. Your feedback is important to us and will be shared with our team to prevent similar issues in the future. Please email us at [email protected] with reference to this review, and we will do our best to resolve the issue.

Latoria
Nail Technician in US

Perfect Assistant

Comments: My overall experience with Booksy is wonderful!!!. The customer service and response time is amazing. There’s nothing more frustrating than being in the middle of trying to do something , needing assistance, but you are unable to connect with help desk or support until the next day.

Pros:

The selling point for me was the automatic appointment reminders that are sent to the customers. I used to sit up every night and send out appointment reminders to all of my customers.

Cons:

When the sw did not allow for deposits.

Kiara

Top 3 booking apps

Comments: It has been great, me and my team love Booksy and since we started using it everything has been more easy going for us and the clients.

Pros:

The thing i like most about Booksy is how easy and user friendly it is for my clients. How they can book at any time they want and see my availability and my teams available spots.

Cons:

The only thing i dont like about Booksy is the monthly rate is much more expensive than any other booking aops.

DESIREE
esthetician in US

Great service

Comments: besides the few glitches i have had a pleasant experience with booksy. I like how it is integrated with GOOGLE, Instagram, and FB.

Pros:

besides the customer service i like that i can send booking reminders to customers as well as they get an automated message to leave a review I can post reviews to my IG Its integrated with GOOGLE, FB and IG I can post pictures to my profile

Cons:

when sending confirmations it does not give the client an option to click on "confirm" rather it just send the confirmation. the photos that come on my fb page does not reflect my service for example- there is a picture under each service and sometimes a guy/girl is having a laser treatment and I work with waxing. my cancellation policy and my no-show policy are different and I wish i could use both depending on the circumstance.

Leila
Strategic planning advisor in US
Education Management, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Meets the need for clientele

Pros:

I purchased this software for my daughter who is a brand new salon owner. I wanted to make sure that she was able to communicate with her clients in a way that would be effective and easy to use so that she did not have any issues. For the volume she's currently taking in, this works well and it's not stressful.

Cons:

I'm personally not a fan of the app visually. To me it seems a little dated however that's just an aesthetic. The app definitely does what we need it to do so no complaint there.

EDUARDO
EDUARDO
ASESOR DE IMAGEN/STYLISTA/MAQUILLADOR in Colombia
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11–50 Employees

Powerful tool and easy to use.

Comments: Since the implementation of Booksy, we have automated the entire operating system of the salon so that the organization of the agenda of the staff, is done much more efficiently and effectively, additionally have increased our levels of productivity, in addition to customer satisfaction, as they should not wait long to be served, another fundamental aspect is the generation of alert and notifications that keeps active the group of stylist and hairdressers. On the other hand it offers us the possibility of generating financial reports with just one click, the fact of being able to take the invoicing with this tool has been of great help for us.

Pros:

Booksy is a platform for scheduling appointments, is very easy to use and configure, does not require learning curve, is also very complete, has a self-service portal built so that your customers can self-manage and make the reservation in the agenda with the professional of their choice, additionally, provides other benefits such as: staff planning, real-time scheduling and automated appointment management, point of sale (POS) and a powerful marketing and loyalty tool. Its layout of the board is very visual which facilitates having the most timely information at your fingertips. It has a very affordable price and in general it is a very functional program.

Cons:

It is necessary to incorporate the inventory control functionality so we can centralize all administrative aspects of salon management with this tool.

Barbara
Senior Insight Manager in UK
Marketing & Advertising, 201–500 Employees

I used it to book a manicure and it was super easy

5.0 last month New

Pros:

Clear interface, intuitive to use, great overall

Cons:

I didn't receive an email confirming my appointment, it would have been nice to get one on the back of my scheduling

Anne

Booksy is Garbage

Comments: They are a garbage company. Customer service is unresponsive. I had repeatedly asked them to delete my client list from their server prior to the data breach. Eventually they assured me that they had done that. Two weeks later another salon had my entire list.

Pros:

When books he purchased Genbook I kept some of the useful features.

Cons:

Once Booksy took over, I lost my entire cancellation list. Several appointments did not make it in the changeover and I was double booked. They gave my entire client list to another, competing salon who began marketing to all 1500 clients

2 years ago

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We are so sorry to have created confusion as you transitioned to Booksy. Please reach out to support so we can help resolve this confusion.

Karol
Karol
Hairdresser in US
Public Relations & Communications, Self Employed

Over Charged My Bank Account

Cons:

AWFUL!!!! This app has overcharged my bank account several times. I have tried to contact them several times and they will not get back with me. I have emailed them, called them and no response. I have been very patient. Still no response. Not even the [SENSITIVE CONTENT] will respond to me. Just shows the business ethic on their end and the lack of compassion towards the hairdressers that pay them to have their service. We as hairdressers are extremely busy. They billed me on the third of this month and then again on the 11th for $29. They also charged me $29 for messaging which I opted out of when I first got the app but they charged me anyway. So BEWARE OF THIS APP AND THE CHARGES! I have tried to erase my bank information and all other personal information, it will not let me erase my information. So now I have to call the bank and change bank cards. This is a HIGE HASSLE when I tried to be patient and nice about this on going issue for MONTHS! When you call you get blown off to the app chat line or asked to email them! COWARDS if you ask me!! Quick to take your money 💴 but hide when they make a mistake in taking too much mistakenly!

2 years ago

We're sorry you've had this experience with your subscription payments and we appreciate your patience as we work for a resolution.

Salon owner in US

Booksy Review

Comments: Foxy has solve so many problems in my business that allows people to give me reviews pay a fair appointments in advance it text them emails them and make sure that I don’t have to spend my time answering phone calls and text

Pros:

But I could use this as a point of sale versus paying for square and PayPal also that Clients could pay me in advance and I can vary the amounts

Cons:

Help desk on different time zone, and constant emails

Heather

What am I paying for?

Comments: Pretty bad. Not impressed at all.

Pros:

Very client friendly. Super easy for them to book and reach you.

Cons:

Customer service is atrocious. I have been waiting over 24 hours for the chat team to get back to me after they stopped responded mid conversation. They will just completely ignore you. You have to wait forever to to get someone on the phone. They have an option to have your daily- yearly reports sent to you from the app. It used to work and now you can only do it from a desktop computer or a tablet. The option to do it from the app is there but it doesn’t work. You will book an appointment and it will disappear off your book or never show up. Let’s not talk about how long it takes to get your money from them. I refuse to even take payment through them because they are so inconsistent with fees and will tell you your money has been sent when it hasn’t. All in all I’m not sure what I am paying for. I wouldn’t recommend Booksy ever.

2 years ago

We're so sorry you've had this experience. It is never our intent to leave anyone in the lurch with their business. You might join a webinar where you will have the opportunity to ask questions, get answers, and see how Booksy works with a Booksy expert.

Gemma
Director in UK

Poor update

Pros:

Customers can book online without having to call and stop us in work. The app seems to work great for customers

Cons:

The update. The fact it sometimes double books appointments. There is no colour difference with appointments so hard to figure out who's coming when under each person. The app doesn't seem to like any iPhone, iPad systems.

7 years ago

Thank you so much for your valuable feedback. We need to hear both the good and the bad to produce a better product, so we appreciate that you've come forward with this information. Right now, our first priority is addressing the negative experience you have had with the with the newest version. We remember the issues you had with the iPad and the double bookings and, as the new version has been stabilized, we hope that these issues are no longer a problem. This does not excuse those issues on our side and we understand your frustration as a busy professional. We can't apologize enough for the setbacks you may have encountered, and thank you for your patience during those times. We would like to speak with you personally to cover any issues you'd like to discuss (e.g. color). Hopefully, we can find solutions that meet your needs and prevent future inconveniences to your business.

tracy
owner/stylist in Canada
Cosmetics, 2–10 Employees

so easy in my day to day business

Comments: I absolutely swear by it. keeps life organized and clients accountable

Pros:

I love that the interface is easy for both the salon and our clients to use. its awesome that I have so many different reports at my fingertips.

Cons:

sometimes, things disappear and we need to log out and log back in. but the glitches are getting better.

Scott
Scott
E-Learning, Self Employed

Almost Non-Existant Customer Service or Follow Through

Comments: Horrible. I'm guessing their software was ok... I was told at one point that someone from their support team would call me to go over the software features, but it's been almost 6 months and that hasn't happened. I'm just astounded that a company, who is there to help people like me run a business, which is my livelihood, would completely drop the ball and LITERALLY SHUT DOWN THEIR PHONE SUPPORT.

Pros:

I had an account originally with Genbook (which I loved). They were bought out by Booksy. The only positive thing I can say is that they were able to transfer everything from Genbook to Booksy, so I didn't have to re-create any services.

Cons:

I literally could not get ANYONE on the phone to help when my account was migrated from Genbook. They completely... and I mean COMPLETELY... shut down their phone support. The absolute only option for support was their chat feature, and most of the time I had to wait days for a response, and one time I literally waited WEEKS for a response. There was no option to start a new chat conversation... I was just stuck with no answers, when trying to run my business.

2 years ago

Thank you for the feedback! We never intend to deliver a less-than stellar experience and we're sorry to have not met your expectations. We understand the frustration and have taken action to build up our support team to be more responsive to users on our platform.

Kevin
Fine Art, 11–50 Employees

Great Booking System

Pros:

Cons:

I would prefer staff to be able to be chosen then the staff's availability

Devin
Devin
Tech Support Engineer in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

Could very well work for your business, but since Genbook was bought out we had to switch. Not GOOD

Comments: Its been terrible. The onboarding team was very helpful but they're only useful while you move over. The tech support is pretty much non existent

Pros:

Seems easy enough of and straight forward but does not do what We need/want it to

Cons:

When clients are sent to book there are advertisements for other competitors and business with similar products in the main header/banner of the booking webpage. We cant take payment through Booksy to track analytics if someone wants to pay in store. Customers have to pay through an email sent after the appointment scheduled. Its not a conducive, streamlined or well configured UX.

2 years ago

Your customers can pay for their services any number of ways, really however you want to accept payments. You can give them the option to pay for services through the Booksy app using Mobile Payments, in-store with the Booksy Card Reader, or by any offline payment method like cash or gift card.

josh
Consumer Services, 2–10 Employees

Best of the Best

Comments: Great

Pros:

Great customer service that actually interact with you. Everything is always easy and taken care of. Booksy appreciate their customers and thats why i appreciate them. Highly recommend!

Cons:

N/A nothing to complain about. Everything is awesome

Crystal
Hair stylist in US

Long time customer

Comments: It was good at first, after covid things changed, mainly getting help and customer service.

Pros:

All in one marketing tool. Great for new stylist as it helps bring in clients.

Cons:

Customer service is not as good as when I originally started with them. Not all features work properly. I feel like they started to nickel and dime. Can't choose how you wanted deposits taken ( has to go thru their payment system). Was not as customizable as I'd like it to be

2 years ago

Thank you for your feedback! We're sorry your experience with support hasn't met your expectations. We value your input and commit to delivering excellent experiences in the future.

Nicola
Owner in South Africa

Simply amazing

Comments: I have really enjoyed using booksy, I can use it on the go when clients phone and I'm not at the salon. It's been really easy to use I have only had 2 problems with it and was fixed within 5 minutes. I know I don't have to stress when I'm away and my staff members won't struggle with using it.

Pros:

This software is easy to use, can be used on a pc, tablet or phone. Clients find it easy for booking online. If there is a problem the support is always there and quick to respond

Cons:

The only thing I wish it had was more managing software for staff wages and etc so I wouldn't have to pay extra for another software system. Also wish that you didn't have to always have a clients email to send receipts wish it could send to the cellphone number and lastly it needs capabilities for voucher functions

Reginald

Booksy Review

Comments: When it’s good it’s really good and when it’s bad it’s really bad.

Pros:

Easy to use and customer friendly app.

Cons:

App always goes down without notice and customer support never takes credit. Always says it’s something I must’ve done when I’ve done nothing. And never been offered any type of compensation for appointments lost due to app going down sometimes for an entire day. I’ve lost a lot of money with booksy. And it’s recommends other barbers to my long time clients. Very disrespectful!

Lynette

Awesome

Pros:

Easy to use. Very simple. Amazing features. I love the pre pay system as well as the scheduling systems.

Cons:

I don’t like that the customer can’t pay remaining balances through the app

Kimberly
Beauty Entrepreneur in US
Individual & Family Services, Self Employed

Booksy The Best

Pros:

Everything. Great service and quick customer support

Cons:

Really not much to complain about. BOOKSY is just a great tool to use to grow your business