15 years helping Israeli businesses

About FreshBooks

An easy invoicing and accounting solution starting at $1.50/mth (first 3 mths). Join 24 million people who've already used FreshBooks.

Learn more about FreshBooks

Pros:

The ease of use and support, combined with the price point make a great deal.

Cons:

Still lack and if we forget to save it will be lost.

FreshBooks ratings

4.5
4.4
4.3
4.3

8.3/10

FreshBooks has an overall rating of 4.5 out 5 stars based on 4,406 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used FreshBooks before?

Filter reviews (4,406)

Josh
Josh
Architecture & Planning, Self Employed

My life was a mess until I started using Freshbooks.

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: When I think about using Quickbooks or Excel I start to have a panic attack. When I think about using Freshbooks I get a refreshing feeling of a calm, relaxing wind.

Pros:

I record my time and expenses and it automates everything else.

Cons:

I don't have any complaints. It just works and seems simple and easy.

Web Design and Founder in US
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Awesome Small Business Invoicing & Time Tracking Tool

Comments: Overall, I love using Freshbooks for time tracking and billing clients. It is easy to use and makes my agency look very professional.

Pros:

Freshbooks helps our digital marketing agency keep track of tasks completed for clients and allows us to list those tasks on invoices that can be paid via ACH or Credit Card online by our clients very easily. Freshbooks templates are very professional looking and my clients have a very good experience.

Cons:

I wish payments would process to our bank account faster. Sometimes invoices go to spam when sending emails to customers through Fresbhooks messages.

Reah Lyn
Production Worker in Philippines
Telecommunications, 201–500 Employees

Freshbooks

3.0 2 months ago New

Comments: My overall experience with Freshbooks was amazing and great.

Pros:

The things that I like most with freshbooks was helping me manage my project easily.

Cons:

I don't have any complain with Freshbooks overall it's good.

2 months ago

Hey Reah Lyn, thank you for taking the time to share your review of FreshBooks. If there's ever any feedback or feature suggestions you wish to share, please feel free to reach out to our Support Team via https://www.freshbooks.com/contact. Our team can ensure your comments are shared with the right folks here. ^DM

Stephen
CEO in US
Internet, 2–10 Employees

One of the best accounting softwares to have out there on a budget

Comments: My overall experience with fresh books is excellent I've never had any issue with the system it works perfectly fine customer service responds right away if you do have any issues I remember I missed a payment and they gave me a call to remind me and even gave me enough time to pay it without canceling my account or not allow me access.

Pros:

Fresh books is really easy to use I love the integration of being able to have my invoices paid having the instant liks and much much more This is just a great software all around to manage your business.

Cons:

I wish it integrated more with other softwares like high level and other CRM softwares but hopefully they'll add this in the future other than that everything else is great.

Telecommunications, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Fresh books to the max

5.0 last month New

Comments: This is a great application and software as well. I don’t have any bad comments about it. It is so nice and it is worth the price.

Pros:

I love it. I love how it works smoothly. It is very useful on my everyday work life. I use it in the morning in the afternoon and in the evening it is part of my every day. Use love how this system works. The software is fast.

Cons:

Nothing everything is OK for me. I find it really good. I hope you also find it perfect for you. It was a very good software.

Cosmetics, 11–50 Employees

FreshBooks: A User-Friendly Solution for Streamlined Accounting

4.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: Overall, FreshBooks offers a seamless and efficient accounting experience tailored for small businesses and freelancers. Its intuitive design and automation capabilities streamline financial tasks, improving productivity and accuracy. Despite some cost considerations, the value it provides in terms of time-saving and ease of use makes it a highly recommended tool for managing business finances.

Pros:

FreshBooks excels with its user-friendly interface and comprehensive invoicing features. It simplifies time tracking, expense management, and financial reporting, making it ideal for small businesses and freelancers. The automation of tasks like recurring invoices and late payment reminders saves time. Integration with numerous apps enhances its functionality, making accounting straightforward and efficient.

Cons:

The pricing structure can be a downside, especially for very small businesses or freelancers on a tight budget. Some advanced features require higher-tier plans, limiting access to essential tools for lower-tier users. Additionally, while generally intuitive, certain complex accounting tasks may still necessitate additional support or integration with more robust accounting software.

Samir
Insurance Claims Specialist in US
Insurance Software, 10,000+ Employees

Great but needs improvement.

4.0 last month New

Pros:

The invoicing is instant, which is very important, you charge your customers and get paid really fast. They also have an option or feature called tracking to not miss billable time

Cons:

The feature to track billing sometimes lags and is slow and definitely needs improvement.

Charles
Designer in Papua New Guinea
Arts & Crafts, 2–10 Employees

My experience with freshbooks

Comments: I praise freshbooks for it's, simplicity, efficiency and the ability to streamline accounting tasks for small businesses and freelancers.

Pros:

I like FreshBooks for its user-friendly interface and intuitive features, making accounting tasks simple and efficient.

Cons:

It handles complex accounting tasks and consider its pricing structure more transparent compared to other options.

Carter
Consultant in US

Freshy fresh!

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

I loved the accounting assistance and ease of use of the platform! I was brought into a firm that was using it, and used it as a partnership forum to get everyone paid.

Cons:

It took some onboarding help to get me up to speed, can be overwhelming in general to get a new system. Not really a “fresh books” issue though.

Joana
Disc jockey in Philippines
Broadcast Media, 2–10 Employees

FreshBooks review

4.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

I like it's intuitive design, making it easy for users to navigate and understand without extensive training.

Cons:

It's relatively expensive compared to some other accounting software options, especially for businesses with multiple users or complex needs.

Don't Waist Your Money on Any Other Accounting Software

Comments: We struggled to find a solution that would allow us to easily track the time for multiple employees and make billing as simple as a couple of clicks. Most everything we used or tried required multiple systems that either didn't integrate at all or didn't integrate well, and required a lot of time to prep invoices and collect payments. Frehsbooks eliminated all of those issues and paid for itself in the first month.

Pros:

It saves my team hours of time every month. It easy to manage clients, track subscriptions, track hours and send invoices. Oh and it makes taxes season a breeze! The milage tracking feature has saved me over thousands per year in taxes since they released it.

Cons:

The only complaint I have with Freshbooks is the Expenses feature. It has the ability to connect to your bank account to automatically pull in your charges, however, it never stays connected to our bank and it becomes a hassle. But they are great about helping to resolve the issue when it happens.

Molly
Molly
Photographer in US
Photography, Self Employed

FreshBooks as a Photographer (solo small business)

Comments: I have been using FreshBooks for over 2-years and am currently using it. I used FreshBooks a long time ago when they were new and more minimal. It has been great to see them grow up. The cost is a bit steep so I may not continue to use them -- I'm 50/50 at the moment. If they provided more value for the cost I would consider it a good investment, but paying for a CRM on top of that is expensive. Overall I do love the software!

Pros:

I love the clean and friendly UX of FreshBooks! It is a pretty efficient piece of software that helps me get paid quickly and easily. I feel it has grown up so much over the years too. Invoicing is super easy and tracking expenses. Those are my primary base needs to run my business.

Cons:

I do wish that entering client information was a bit more intuitive as I feel like I'm doing input for a client into my contacts, importing it to my CRM, and then hand inputting into FreshBooks again feels redundant. I would really really really love to see a Mac App to complete the mobility and desktop experience. I dislike having to open a web page to manage things on a daily basis.

Julia Maria
Julia Maria
Market Specialist in Mexico
Information Services, 51–200 Employees

It amply met my expectations and satisfies the company's needs.

Comments: When we implemented it, it was a lifesaver, as it makes day-to-day financial work easy and not at all intimidating, especially. It helped us save a lot of time, as we can focus on what we do and let Freshbooks do the rest. I especially like the professional look of the invoices without having to spend too much time designing or using design software. Anyone can create an attractive and professional invoice in minutes and I appreciate that.

Pros:

I like how adaptable it is and how it can be used for any need. We have been using it in the company for a couple of years now, I already knew it from my freelance work and I can attest to the goodness and simplicity of the system. At the moment we have the Plus subscription and I find it very complete and affordable.

Cons:

I would like the application to be more complete and useful because I would like to have a complete view of my invoices when I am not at my desk.

Rachel
CEO in US
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Freshbooks is the ultimate for a service-based business

Comments: It was a good onboarding experience. I didn't call support and had us rolling in about 2 hours. The things I miss from Quickbooks aren't here, but they are continuing to build out the system. Hopefully we can get some of those critical features sooner than later.

Pros:

I used to love Quickbooks. It had an app, it had time tracking. Then everything I loved was taken away. Freshbooks is the choice we made because it was built for a small service-based business. Recurring billing, time tracking, payment processing, it's all built in and easy to use. It took me 2 hours to get setup completely and it was a great experience. It's great for an owner who needs to be able to just run their business.

Cons:

This is a major miss on the accounting side of the house. If you came from Quickbooks, you know how important double-entry accounting is, in depth reporting with punchouts, a quick dashboard into profitability. This isn't the case with Freshbooks. You will need an accountant to help at the end of the year. Ours had to rebuild our system because it doesn't believe in a cash-based accounting system.

Bryan
CEO in Ghana

Effortless Invoicing with FreshBooks: A Game-Changer for Small Businesses

Comments: Overall, my experience with FreshBooks has been excellent. As a small business owner, I appreciate the platform's user-friendly interface and seamless invoicing capabilities. While the software may lack some advanced accounting features and could benefit from more detailed reporting options, it more than makes up for it with its ease of use and efficiency. The pricing plans may be a bit steep for some users, but the value that FreshBooks provides is undeniable. Overall, I highly recommend FreshBooks to any small business looking to streamline their invoicing and accounting processes.

Pros:

FreshBooks offers a variety of features that make invoicing and financial management effortless, including customizable invoices, recurring payments, automated late payment reminders, time-tracking, and expense tracking. As a digital marketing business owner, I was pleasantly surprised by how seamlessly FreshBooks integrated with our existing workflows, saving us time and effort on a daily basis. Their platform's user-friendly interface and efficient features make it a top-notch solution for small businesses looking to streamline their financial processes.

Cons:

Although FreshBooks is a great invoicing and accounting software for small businesses, it may not be suitable for larger enterprises with more complex financial needs. Some advanced accounting features such as inventory management or fixed asset tracking are missing from the platform.While FreshBooks provides a range of useful reports, some users might find that the options are not as extensive as they would like. For instance, the software could benefit from more detailed insights into sales trends, expenses, and cash flow.While FreshBooks is an excellent invoicing and accounting solution, some users may find the pricing plans to be relatively expensive, particularly if they only require basic invoicing functionality. Additionally, some users may be disappointed to find that certain features are only available on more expensive plans.While FreshBooks has a user-friendly interface, certain features can be challenging to navigate, particularly for users who are not tech-savvy. For instance, creating custom reports or integrating third-party applications can be a bit complicated.While FreshBooks does offer a mobile app, some users may find that it lacks certain features and functionality. For example, tracking time and expenses on the go can be a bit clunky, and the app could benefit from more advanced project management tools.

Maciej
Co-founder & Marketing Director in Kuwait
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

FreshBooks is a comprehensive accounting software

Comments: Overall, I have had a great experience with FreshBooks. It's a comprehensive accounting software that makes it easy to track expenses, manage invoices, and keep track of payments. The user interface is straightforward and simple to use, making it easy to navigate and get the information you need quickly. The customer service team is also always available to answer any questions you may have. The only downside is that it can be difficult to set up and configure, especially for those unfamiliar with accounting software.

Pros:

FreshBooks is a comprehensive accounting software that makes it easy to track expenses, manage invoices, and keep track of payments. The user interface is straightforward and simple to use, making it easy to navigate and get the information you need quickly. Additionally, the customer service team is always available to answer any questions you may have.

Cons:

The only downside to FreshBooks is that it can be difficult to set up and configure, especially for those unfamiliar with accounting software. Additionally, some of the features are a bit limited and could be improved.

Amy
Amy
Owner/ Project Manager in US
Consumer Services, 2–10 Employees

FRESH ISNT ALWAYS QUICK ( or efficient)

Comments: Fresh books was recommended by a friend that utilizes it for her drop shipping business. She recommended it due to pricing, great for a small set up however, if u have one or more employees or accounts payable or receivables then don't bother it was a disappointment

Pros:

What I liked most was pricing and ease of initial set up

Cons:

What was least favored with this software was the amount of double to triple entry of data and ledgering had to be checked and rechecked due to inaccurate totaling and the taxes aren't even close to kept accurate here.

last year

Hey Amy, thank you for taking the time to share your review of FreshBooks. I have shared your feedback with our Product Team on your behalf. You can check out any changes and updates made in FreshBooks here: https://support.freshbooks.com/hc/en-us/articles/11925619511053-Changes-Updates-in-2023. If there's any other feedback you wish to share or if you need any assistance, please feel free to reach out to our Support Team: https://www.freshbooks.com/contact ^DM

Erica
Erica
Content Designer in US
Design, Self Employed

Stellar customer service. Simple interface.

Comments: FreshBooks helps me do the essential tasks of invoices and expenses while also helping me get a big picture view of my business's financial health.

Pros:

I started my freelance business nearly 3 years ago, and after initial struggles with Quickbooks (I even had a 2-hour training session with a Quickbooks instructor who just further confused me), I put off dealing with the financial side of my business for over a year (until my CPA was hounding me for tax stuff). Upon the recommendation of another freelancing friend, I decided to give FreshBooks a try. I finally got FreshBooks up and running, and I was amazed at how much it relieved my stress, rather than adding to it. The basic setup is simple and straight-forward, but as my business has grown, I've been impressed with little tricks built into FreshBooks that helps me save time and get a better overall view of my business. Also, I don't think I've ever experienced such consistently helpful and friendly customer service. Any time I call with a question, the person on the phone is empowered to help me out.

Cons:

There are even more integrations and advancements that I think FreshBooks could offer to be even better. Here are a few examples: + I'd love to be able to do some kind of forecasting of income based either on draft invoices for project currently in the works, or estimates that have been accepted. + I wish I could set up estimates so clients could accept/reject specific line items so that I could send one estimate with different options, rather than multiple different estimates. + I wish I could apply discounts to specific line items in the invoices rather than the subtotal of the entire invoice so I could discount my services without discounting passed-along expenses I incur. I've shared such feedback and other minor requests with the FreshBooks team, and they've sounded receptive, so I hope updates/upgrades like these will one day be available.

Charles
Owner in Canada
Construction Software, 2–10 Employees

The Worst online Invoicing System on the planet

Comments: Freshbooks is the worst company I have every dealt with. I had a legitimate complaint about the software duplicating, triplicating and some times four versions of the same transaction. They ignored my complaint for over a year and when I finally reached a VP to discuss, then cancelled my account in under 48 hours losing years of business information, including invoices, contacts etc. Freshbooks goal is to get your money and then destroy you business. To add insult to injury, 18 months after Freshbooks canceled and deleted my account, they charged my credit card for another year subscription. Basically Freshbooks wants your money, prepared to sell you a horrible solution, will kick you off if you complaint too loudly and then charge you for another year with zero accountability. Freshbooks should be facing fraud charges and or a Class Action lawsuit. I expect either very shortly in the future.

Pros:

The software was easy to use and did allow me to set up a single customer with multiple email address (you can not do this on Quickbooks)

Cons:

The software was horrible. It would duplicate, triplicate and sometimes four times recreate the same bank account or credit card entry. this made life for my book keeper a nightmare. You then complain about this oversight and Freshbooks would ignore your complaint, indicate it was a once only issue (which it never was) and eventually will kick you off their platform with less than 48 hours notice losing years worth of business information, including invoices, contacts etc. Freshbooks will go down in the Hall of Fame of worst business software platform ever. My advise to all is avoid this platform at all cost and use another online solution. Freshbooks will screw you over the first chance they get.

Heidi
attorney in US
Law Practice, Self Employed

Great for timekeeping and invoicing, but challenging for bookkeeping

Comments: Great for invoicing and timekeeping, but bookkeeping function requires a course in accounting or more in-depth training that I just didn't have time for.

Pros:

As an attorney in solo practice, the timekeeping function is great. I can use my app or use the computer easily, and it tracks my time in a neat report for clients beautifully. I also find invoicing clients very simple, although I've found some difficulties with customization when it comes to my clients on retainer. Otherwise I've been very pleased.

Cons:

I had a very difficult time using the bookkeeping software on the program. I couldn't customize taxes, and I found that because I have no background in accounting I was really messing up frequently. I ended up outsourcing bookkeeping to Bench, which has worked out fine but it's only been a couple of months. the difficulty using Freshbooks for bookkeeping made tax time very difficult and stressful because I had to completely redo what I had entered in the program.

4 years ago

Hey Heidi, thank you for taking the time to share your review of FreshBooks! I'm glad to hear that you've had an overall positive experience using FreshBooks, aside from the bookkeeping side of things. FreshBooks does aim to be an intuitive software so folks can manage their books effectively, but we're always welcome to hearing feedback about what could be improved. You can provide that feedback directly to our Support Team, who can be reached at 1-866-303-6061 Monday through Friday, 8am-8pm EST or [email protected]. ^DM

Richard
Richard
Chief Door Stop in US

Great product paired to the friendliest support in financial software.

Comments: The biggest benefit we receive is how easy it is to send invoices and get paid online. Freshbooks makes this a lot easier than some of the other solutions we've tried over the years.

Pros:

Freshbooks is a simple and straight-forward accounting solution. It's delivered with relatively small amount of standard accounting categories so you're not overwhelmed placing expenses into their proper buckets and adding new categories is quite easy. Our business doesn't have a ton of complex expenses - and if yours does, Freshbooks might not be a good fit. What we love about Freshbooks is how straight-forward their invoicing system has been. It's easy to create recurring invoicing and it integrates with popular credit card processors to facilitate easy online payments. Perhaps the attribute that has kept us with Freshbooks through the years is their customer service - it's amazing. Customer service has always been super friendly, easy to understand, and they always seen eager to help. This interest and willingness to be helpful goes a long way.

Cons:

The only con we've experienced with Freshbooks is their limited subscription levels. We've exceed their standard top level package but we're not quite big enough to financially justify a custom/enterprise package. It seems Freshbooks is ideal for customers with a lot of recurring transactions - which, we have more individual transactions than recurring so this is part of our problem. Regardless, Freshbooks staff has always been quite helpful in offering up solutions to help us make the most of our subscription limits (500 active clients).

Randall
Randall
IT Support Specialist in US
Higher Education Software, 1,001–5,000 Employees

FreshBooks provides small businesses with some of the best invoicing and billing features available.

Comments: Billing and invoicing were made much easier using this software.

Pros:

FreshBooks gives small businesses a well-designed and intuitive user interface that can easily be used for a variety of different functions, most notably billing, and invoicing. Users are given a wide array of attractive template designs to choose from when creating invoices, allowing for catchy, yet professional looking documents. FreshBooks also provides users with tools for team collaboration, estimates, and projects, all of which can be easily navigated and set up to increase your small businesses' ability to maximize communication, send automatic reminders, submit proposals, and secure jobs with relative ease. As an accounting package, FreshBooks also provides users with the ability to perform some fundamental bookkeeping and accounting functions, has some bank reconciliation functions, enables you to accept online credit card payments, and provides many of these features via their full-featured mobile application. Last but not least, FreshBooks provides excellent customer service from the start. A detailed and easily followed tutorial will help new users get started, while their well-trained staff is always ready to provide users with answers to any questions or issues they may encounter. FreshBooks is very proud of their customer service and their customer satisfaction rating, and it really shows when you speak with one of their representatives.

Cons:

One limitation in FreshBooks as an accounting package is the fact that they utilize single-entry accounting. While this may not be an obvious flaw to a new small business owner, it will become apparent as more accounts are created, employees are hired, and payment options are implemented. Single-entry accounting is quick and simple, but it certainly leaves something to be desired. Over the years some application updates have diminished or completely removed some useful features, like service and customer records, and inventory tracking, all of which were very convenient and helpful features.

Entertainment, 11–50 Employees

Awesome invoice and billing system

Comments: By far the easiest to use
invoicing/billing software ever if you ask me. We're saving time and money because we use Freshbooks. This is one app that I actually recommend to people I know.

Pros:

Freshbooks is extremely user friendly. It's also a high quality product with a lot of good features and personalized settings. Awesome project and time tracking. I like to use the mobile app because we're traveling a lot and still need to use the service. It's easy to open and start working on whenever and wherever I want. I've never lost my work either. It feels like the app actually knows what I need and makes suggestions to help. I love that.

Cons:

We only need the inventory feature for a small portion of our sales so I haven't used it a lot, but I don't think it's as good as others I've used. Specifically inventory tracking.

No Two-Factor Authentication - Very bad overall security

Comments: Freshbooks has been in business for years but does not have a basic Two-Factor Authentication feature to prevent hackers from gaining unauthorized access to customers' accounts. Not having this feature borders on negligence. This is a basic standard feature that other cloud accounting software XERO and Quickbooks have had for years. Not having two-factor authentication is alarmingly bad because tens of thousands of Freshbooks customers are trusting Freshbooks with a ton sensitive company data about their finances, customers, bank information, credit card processor information, and prospects etc into Freshbooks. If hackers get a password, they can easily access this valuable information because there is no two-factor authentication to stop them from getting in. Does Freshbooks take customer security seriously? Apparently not. I emailed them about this dangerous lack of basic security features and as of December 2019 Freshbooks says there is no plan to add two factor authentication in the future. Their answer as the same as it was when I wrote them in 2018 about this problem. Their answer was that they would pass this suggestion along to their programmers so they can give it future consideration.

Pros:

Ease of use and straightforward, simple interface. Easy invoicing.

Cons:

Freshbooks lacks all of these industry standard security features: No Two-Factor Authentication at login. No IP address blocking to prevent certain IP addresses from logging in my account. No log/audit showing when I last logged in and out of the account. No forced internet timeout/log out when the account has been left untouched for a while. This is standard on other online accounting software and is used by most banks as a security feature.

5 years ago

Hey there, thank you for taking the time to share your review of FreshBooks. I certainly understand where you're coming from regarding features like two-factor authentication. While my colleague that you spoke with recently is correct that this isn't a feature we currently offer, I have flagged your feedback for our Product Team to review directly. This is a team we have a FreshBooks who reviews and gathers customer feedback for issues and concerns like what you've raised. If there's any other feedback you wish to provide, please don't hesitate to reach our to our Support Team at 1-866-303-6061 Monday through Friday, 8am-8pm EST or [email protected]. ^DM

Randal
Randal
Managing Partner in Canada
Computer & Network Security, 2–10 Employees

"New" Freshbooks has completely make this formerly amazing service...unusable & frustrating

Comments: Loved them for more than a decade, until the "New" version completely left us wondering what went wrong. Their support has been great, helping us to move to another platform, but again, the "New" version is making that transition even harder, although we haven't tried to export from "Classic", so I could be wrong.

Pros:

The previous "Classic" edition was so easy to use, powerful in its simplicity and quick. The only thing I can say about the "New" version is that it is pretty.

Cons:

The "New" version might be pretty, but it has become pretty awful to use. The platform is now so slow, we often wonder if we clicked on something...so we wait (e.g. create an invoice). Navigation used to be simple, but that is no longer the case. It takes many more clicks to find the information I need. I've been using now for about 2 months, so I know where to go, but it takes so much longer now. Invoicing & applying payment now prone to mistakes. The Credit card option will be ON/OFF for all subsequent invoices, so it's hard to make an exception (e.g. hardware) for one invoice. We have to constantly check a few options for every invoice, making the whole process much longer. Billing for time is somewhat better. It now shows ONLY the clients that have unmilled time, but once you create an invoice, the client will stay in the list for a good 15 minutes, making this feature cool, but useless. All in all, being moved to "New" has been an absolute nightmare and has caused us to completely lose faith in this company, which I have been using since its inception. We are sad to say, the problems by far outweighs the pretty interface, and we find ourselves forced to use something functional.

3 years ago

Hey Randal, thank you for taking the time to share your review and raise these concerns. I'm sorry to hear that you've experienced some issues when using FreshBooks - I have passed this feedback along to our team on your behalf. Feedback from customers like yourself is absolutely valuable for the changes and updates that are made to FreshBooks. You can keep up to date with all the changes and updates our team is making here: https://support.freshbooks.com/hc/en-us/articles/360054235012-Changes-Updates-in-2021. If there are any questions or concerns our Support Team can assist with, our contact information can be found here: https://www.freshbooks.com/contact. ^DM