Filter by:

• Overall

About Patriot Accounting

Affordable, easy, yet powerful accounting for small business owners and their accountants. Streamline your money management.

Learn more about Patriot Accounting

Brittany N.
Brittany N.
Strategic Account Specialist in US
Government Administration, 201-500 Employees

My experience with Patriot Accounting

5 10 months ago

Comments: My overall experience with Patriot Accounting is remarkable since it has eradicated accounting errors.

Pros:

The way Patriot Accounting enables me to automate all accounting at ease is the best aspect ever on my user end.

Cons:

I hardly come across hindrances when using Patriot Accounting, and I use it on a daily basis at workstation.

Karen D.

WD Review

5 10 months ago

Comments: So far it has been our go to system for bookkeeping and maintaining balance sheets, providing up to date information in just a couple minutes. Everything is laid out so that it's easy to find what you're looking for, moving smoothly from one section to another.

Pros:

Easy to navigate once you've experienced it for a short time. Includes all important aspects and functions any small business would require.

Cons:

Had a little trouble with integrating beginning balances for certain accounts and could have used a little more explanation. We still use Quickbooks for our customer information and estimates, as it didn't integrate or download as needed from QB into Patriot.

Scott R.
Scott R.
Managing Member in US

Patriot Accounting Software

4 11 months ago

Comments: I like easy access , i have had no real issues and easily used reports to fill out taxes

Pros:

mostly use it for Billing and payroll, I love the feature that I can now pay subs through the Payroll tool

Cons:

adding new accounts is not logical and I have had trouble adding balance sheet account groups

Edward K.
Managing Partner in US
Consumer Goods, 2-10 Employees

I can run my business rather than worry about payroll

5 10 months ago

Comments: Don't use accounting only Payroll

Pros:

Easy to use and setup. You do all the report filing. Fast and accurate technical support.

Cons:

Took a little time to learn how to use it.

Jeff C.
Legal Services, 2-10 Employees

Great Price. Not intuitive, but gets the job done

4 last year

Comments: Patriot seems like a payroll company which later added accounting. The payroll module is so easy to use and they appear to have thought of everything. The accounting module is much more quirky and seems a bit haphazzard. But their people are friendly and accomodating, so hopefully, they will up their game on the accounting side. From a price standpoint, you can't beat them for an on-line program that can be shared among users (staff, bookkeeper, attorneys, etc).

Pros:

We switched from QuickBooks and that process was fairly easy, along with great support from Patriot. That's the best part of the software - the people at Patriot. They are prompt, attentive, and seem genuinely interested in improving their product. A close second is the Payroll product. It is ridiculously easy to use and far less expensive the most other on-line payroll services.

Cons:

It is not intuitive. For example, if you just want to look at your general checkbook ledger, you cannot just click on an icon. You have to go to reports and then find the one that says "account balances." There are a number of things that make sense after you do them (voiding or deleting a check is a multistep process), but it's frustrating trying to find them. One of the biggest head scratchers is that printing a three-part check only prints on two parts of the check. That seems like a pretty basic item to fix, but it's still only two-parts.

Tracy G.
Environmental Services, 2-10 Employees

Good

5 last year

Comments: Ive never had any problems and staff is always helpful

Pros:

Its very user friendly and helps with paying employee tax. We dony have employees at the moment but they still submit the paperwork and I dont have to think about it.

Cons:

I really with they would calculate quartlerly taxes and submit them. Quickbooks even though I am not a fan of them they had that option and it was so easy. I would pay more just for this feature.

Claire R.
Construction, 2-10 Employees

Patriot accounting and payroll software

4 2 years ago

Comments: Overall Patriot has been responsive, easy to use and has saved me time with taxes. I don't think they have as many features developed yet as QuickBooks and that may cause me to switch but I'm happy for now

Pros:

Patriot is extremely user friendly for someone who is new to accounting and small business. I've been mostly able to figure it all out by myself, and when I do need help their customer support team is awesome. I love their feature to pay taxes for is and it is well worth the price so I dont have to worry about it.

Cons:

One thing that I dislike about this software specifically for a painting business is that if I have an employee working interior and exterior hours within the same pay period , there's no way (that I'm aware of) to use a multitude of L&I codes for different hours when I run payroll.

Tim O.
Automotive, 2-10 Employees

Great product, great service & great value!

5 last year

Comments: No problems and Patriot makes accounting/payroll a breeze!

Pros:

It's ease of use and support when needed that explain things in simple, non computer person language!

Cons:

What is there not to like! Great product and service...when i need help they are there!

Dj W.
President in US

Perfect for Tracking 1099 Subcontractor Payments

5 last year

Comments: Fantastic. Their customer support - whether on the phone or through the chat feature - is top notch. Very responsive, friendly and knowledgeable people.

Pros:

Patriot Accounting is the best tool I've used for tracking 1099 subcontractor payments throughout the year and producing the necessary end of year forms for tax filings.

Cons:

I only use the quick pay features and reporting in the accounting software

Connie L.
accounting in US
Construction, 11-50 Employees

Great

5 10 months ago

Comments: Customer Service is great

Pros:

It is not to robust for a small businees

Cons:

paying invoices is not smooth. would be nice to pay deposit instead of the whole invoice

Tim W.
Real Estate, 11-50 Employees

Very happy with Patriot Software

4 11 months ago

Pros:

It is easier to use and get started than quickbooks

Cons:

I wish there were more videos to help with some accounting education.

Brandy G.
Attorney in US
Law Practice, 2-10 Employees

Quality of Patriot Software usage

5 11 months ago

Comments: Fantastic!

Pros:

The software is user-friendly, easy to setup your business information.

Cons:

I really did not find anything that I disliked.

Brooke C.
Business Owner in US
Veterinary Software, 2-10 Employees

Great Program!

5 11 months ago

Comments: Very helpful!

Pros:

I did my own payroll and tax submission the first year we were in business. I had no idea what I was doing! I signed on with patriot and life became so much easier! No more forgetting taxes or form submissions, etc.

Cons:

No cons, not used for payroll and it’s great!

Noman F.
Accountant in US
Accounting Software, 2-10 Employees

User Friendly

5 11 months ago

Comments: Overall, I am satisfied with this software

Pros:

Patriot accounting is very user friendly. Patriot customer support is also very helpful.

Cons:

Integration from the other product was easy. I dont see any Cons as of now.

Jacob B.
Construction, 2-10 Employees

Leaves something to be desired

4 last year

Comments: The staff was very persistent in reaching me. However when I did finally have time to answer their call. The person on the line snickered at the difficulties that I had expressed and ultimately they were not able to really help me. I sent a support request awhile back that I have not heard back from. I do not feel like my issues have been taken seriously. This has turned me off from me using the software. I have realized what issues I need to fix but the clunkyness has also made working with the software feel like more of a chore than an asset. I need things to just work so that I can focus on my business.

Pros:

I like it’s intention. It has all the right things going for it. Dedicated staff, walkthrough for set up, all of the right features that you would need.

Cons:

It is clunky. I have very difficult time fixing my mistakes in set up. I would have a much better time if I could go back and batch edit. This difficulty has made me unable to use. I wish I could more easily import and export information. Excel files are limited. It would be nice if there was an api so that I could actually integrate.

Patriot Software Response

last year

Hi Jacob, Your experience is not typical for our users and is concerning to us. We are reaching out to you now to try to help you with your setup and are here for you until your questions are answered!

Paul G.
President in US
Law Practice, 2-10 Employees

Great value, Excellent Convenience

5 last year

Pros:

I love that Patriot Software calculates and reports all my payroll tax information. As a small business owner, I don't have time for all the busywork that used to come with payroll and taxes. I had tried QB for payroll and never could make it work.

Cons:

My business is small, so Patriot Software covers all my needs.

Gary W.
Construction, Self Employed

Patriot review

5 11 months ago

Comments: Any time I asked a question, it was taken care of quickly and efficiently. I did not have to stress or worry about the outcome.

Pros:

I like the ease of use, Having only 1 employee at the time, it is a breeze. It would take about 5 minutes to do payroll.

Cons:

I have not had any areas that did not exceed my expectations. I think I do not come close to utilizing all that it has to offer.

Karissa M.
Professional Training & Coaching, 2-10 Employees

love patriot

5 last year

Comments: absolutely love

Pros:

love how easy running payroll is but yall sending in taxes saves my life

Cons:

I need to learn more... so idk at this time

Brandon C.
CEO in US
Staffing & Recruiting, 11-50 Employees

Extremely small business friendly.

5 2 years ago

Comments: Very friendly and responsive customer service. It's allowed me to keep a large volume of record keeping.

Pros:

Efficient and has a friend UI experience.

Cons:

Payroll from business accounts are difficult to set up ( for my bank)

Jennifer S.
president in US

My Review of Patriot Accounting

3 last year

Comments: Overall my experience has been acceptable. Some features are very easy to work with while others seem to be more difficult, like keeping a running balance for the checking account where it is easy to see.

Pros:

I really like the ease of the accounts reconciliation feature and the invoicing feature as well. Invoicing helps me to be sure I know whom I have collected from and what I am still owed.

Cons:

I do not like that when using the withdrawal/deposit feature that there is no way to tell what my bank balance is without going to reports. Very inconvenient.

Jeffrey C.

Patriot Payroll

5 11 months ago

Comments: been very positive

Pros:

Ease of use and monthly cost for payroll prcessing

Cons:

initial set up with tax information getting set uo

Harry N.
Real Estate, Self Employed

Single employee company

5 11 months ago

Comments: Overall, it has been positive.

Pros:

The software is relatively easy to use but the best part is if you are confused, you can get customer service to help you out and they usually walk you right through the process.

Cons:

I wish there was a feature that reminded you that you have to input your payroll. I pay myself quarterly and sometimes I forget to input the payroll. I would appreciate an email telling me that based upon my quarterly payroll I should input my stuff before it is too late.

Kristen M.
Insurance Software, 2-10 Employees

Great Value for the Money

5 last year

Comments: I have been very happy with Patriot Accounting. The payroll system is super easy to use. The entering of expenses can be a little clunky, but it is doable. I would recommend Patriot to any small business owner that wants to streamline their accounting with an affordable and easy alternative.

Pros:

The payroll system is super easy to use.

Cons:

Entering expenses can be a little clunky.

Todd P.
Ceo in US
Consumer Services, 11-50 Employees

Great Product

5 10 months ago

Pros:

Very affordable and easy to use. They handle all the painful tax matters that go along with doing payroll.

Cons:

There are a few categories that are hard to track like employees loans.

Cathleen R.
Business manager in US
Construction, 2-10 Employees

Happy user but could use improvements

3 11 months ago

Comments: I am staying with this software because its easy to use, I wish it was a little better but way easier than intuit quick books so I am staying with patriot.

Pros:

I love how easy it is to set up the software. Payroll functions are general and easy to use as well.

Cons:

I don't like how I can not fully customize reports, it only goes back 3 months for some payroll and vendor functions. Also the invoice feature is not good, the invoices look bad and are not very customizable.