Microsoft PowerPoint Reviews

Filter by:

• Overall
  • Customer Service Software

About Microsoft PowerPoint

Industry leading digital presentation platform with many different design themes. Typically bundled with Microsoft Office.

Learn more about Microsoft PowerPoint

Showing 18,884 reviews

Bahubali B.
Bahubali B.
Owner & CEO
Machinery, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/09/2021

"PowerPoint Review"

Comments: In my years of using this software for preparing innumerable outstanding presentations for my customers, I never had a complaint regarding my presentation. One needs to practice to master, all the cool features of this software and make use of their applications. It is very easy to navigate through this software. In my opinion, this software is the best for making all-around presentations right from students to professionals.

Pros: Pros: PowerPoint is a dominant presentation software that will not any have problems with any type of presentation. It is versatile and Users can create online slideshows. The best advantage is that this software has many functions and features for creating creative and attention-grabbing presentations. With this software, it is very simple to deliver extremely good presentations that are easily understandable and professional. I think this software is the most user friendly and flexible. PowerPoint software has a great built-in library of themes and design templates to make beautiful unique presentations. With this software, it is very easy to quickly convey a new idea or concept. I recommend this tool because it is simple and has a lot of possibilities. With PowerPoint, you can change a difficult explanation into a simple presentation.

Cons: Cons: PowerPoint is not good for creating art or illustrations. If you want original graphics, then first you have to create in some other soft wares and then you have to import into PowerPoint Which is a tedious job. It all depends on the presenter to make use of the slides appropriately.

• Reviewed on 03/09/2021
Francesca G.
Freelancer
Financial Services Software, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/02/2021

"The program you must have"

Comments: I would highly recommend this to any financial advisor who wants to present a pre-view of the final product, it is easy to use, it allows you to present graphics that helps you with the presentation and to further understand the products possible results. I use this program since I’m in school, at least 10 years, and this program has had a lot of improvements, which I appreciate, as it has help me developed better as a professional by having better experiences when doing presentations

Pros: Everyone know at or at least have an idea of what is ppt and how to use it. Is the most widely used and available software and it is just as useful in the business world as it is in classrooms. The program has multiple tools and powerfull features that help any type of professional in any circumstance, furthermore, is compatible with the majority of the computers, so the file can be opened in any device and can be connected with other Microsoft programs such as Excel when talking about graphs. It has a wonderful mopbile app that works very well and allows to edit your work anywhere, not necessarily with a computer.

Cons: The final file of PPT is lo large, which complicates the process of sending it through email, and in some cases, to even open the file. Furthermore, the app doesn’t help you with a color pallet, and in so many cases templates are way to repeated, instead of providing options considering the background of the user. The special effects are, in my opinion a distraction from the purpose of the presentations. One of the flaws this program has, is that when working with vectorial images, which are the most used currently to have a better quality, it doesn’t have the capacity to groupe all the pieces together, so every time you want to move or adjust the image, you have to select every piece to move it properly.

• Reviewed on 01/02/2021
Souhil S.
Souhil S.
Entrepreneur
Design, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 29/11/2020

"The Best Professional Presentation Software in The Market"

Comments: Powerpoint is an Amazing software and I recommend it for everyone who us looking for professional and affordable presentation software.
Whatever you are planning to use for school, university, business, teaching...Etc. this software is a great choice for everyone, and it will save you a lot of time and a headache by creating simple and really well-designed presentations and you will definitely get attention when presenting it.
I really love it and love all the features and the Microsoft team is doing an amazing job with every version we get and I really feel the change every time.
I will keep using it for my personal and my business projects and I will keep recommending it to everyone.

Pros: I like it because It's very simple to use and everything you need you will find in the toolbar.
Great value for the price
I use it for my personal projects and for my Business presentations and I have used it for University projects too and I never had any problem.
I really like the animation and the transitions library.
I also, use it to convert my presentation to animated videos by saving them as an MP4 file.
I also, use it to convert my presentation to images and to PDF files.
Their Mobile app is great, and no need to take your laptop or pc with you and, you can just connect your phone to a TV or Data show and play the Slideshow from your phone.
It allows me to insert images and videos and audio files and add them to my presentation and also, I can add links and I can click on them to redirect me without closing the slideshow.
They have a lot of templates, and you will find exactly what you are looking for and you don't need to create a presentation it's very simple and you can just change the text and you are ready to go.
I really like the crop option inside PowerPoint because I don't need to use image-editing software to edit my images and I like the image effects too.
The best thing about PowerPoint is you really don't need an internet connection to open .ppt files.
I like the integration with other Microsoft software like word and excel for example.

Cons: I really never had any problem with PowerPoint and I have been using it since high school and I did a lot of projects on it.
But, they can add more templates to cover other topics.
and they also can improve the copy/paste between word, excel, and PowerPoint because sometimes the formate is not copied correctly.

• Reviewed on 29/11/2020
Harshil K.
Internship
Automotive, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/11/2020

"More than a Presentation"

Comments: Awesome, First-class, Full with a lot of Potentiality and learning with proper preparation.

Pros: PowerPoint is an tool to present a report or analysis with a very good outlook and understanding. I normally use it every as I am a presenter in my team and I work over the dates and presentations a lot. I generally knows all important featue of PPT and of course a lot more to be known in the coming time. I had also created a MCQ question on PPT and it works superbly via hyperlink function. Also animation is an icing on cake for the presenters. I use a less amount of animation as I am using it for a professional purpose. Secondly I had also created poster in PPT as it is one hidden feature which many didn't know. But poster presentation is a great feature of PPT. The tables can also be linked with respected excel via embedded feature which I use a lot .

Cons: Not a much, but if the suggestion of ideas sections can be given some more degree of freedom ny which the presentation can be improved a lot. Secondly auto animation feature can be a game changing feature if the company can have a thought over it.

• Reviewed on 17/11/2020
Kayla M.
Independent Business Owner
E-Learning, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/11/2020

"Powerpoint and Teaching"

Comments: Overall, I would one hundred percent recommend this to any instructor attempting to teach a course. Even within school programs it is great to use for presentations and can often capture the attention of the students, as this seems to be what motivate and captures the attention of this generation.

Pros: Recently, I began teaching through the Arise Platform. Currently, I service for multiple different companies like Comcast, Disney Resorts, and Dicks Sporting Goods. As a teacher, I teach three week classes at a time. For each class I am required to have PowerPoints. Microsoft PowerPoint moves quickly, is easy to navigate, easy to present, and even allows me to place extra notes for the students. It allows for citations, it allows you to input videos and images. It is easy for beginners and even professionals are able to use PowerPoints and be successful. Designs are quick and easy, it has a valuable amount of templates for whatever topic you may be presenting.

Cons: The thing I like the least about this software is how many different areas there are throughout the application. It can be difficult to navigate when first beginning to use it. It also allows for laziness when it comes to presenting for those who may be poor speakers. When owning a business or being a teacher it is important to not use your presentations as a crutch. I have seen many lazy instructors use PowerPoints for that precise reason. There is a large abundance of special features and I have seen through many presentations, instructors getting carried away with the features and it takes away from the meaning of the delivery.

• Reviewed on 14/11/2020
Joko A.
Digital Marketing Strategist
Computer Networking, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/08/2020

""The Most Ideal Approach to Present or Offer Data, or Present a Subject""

Comments: We have been utilizing Impress and Keynote beforehand yet they appear the old adaptations of intensity point, you see the reconciliation that you can get with PowerPoint its more complete and well disposed to oversee, regardless of whether they are free or being a piece of the product that the PC incorporates PowerPoint fits with all the necessities that my work requires and past.Finally, Power Point is the perfect programming on the off chance that you required to share data, present a business thought, or anything anyplace in a simple and in vogue way. We love utilizing PowerPoint.

Pros: • I have been utilizing PowerPoint when I was an understudy and now in my expert life is a fundamental instrument. It has changed from numerous points of view yet every one of them has been so as to improve. Presently you can utilize it anyplace and it works in the entirety of your gadgets, tablets , PC, or your telephone, regardless of whether you don't have the product on term you can get access through your hotmail or viewpoint bookkeeper. Microsoft has improved the experience of clients by helping them to choose a plan agreeing with the thoughts or subject that you will introduce, it gives style and structure that is extremely useful for getting the consideration from your crowd.
• It's the most broadly utilized and accessible programming (which means such huge numbers of individuals have it so it's conceivable you'll be able to send/get a record and open it. Utilizing the Master slides highlight which is the place you can set and "fix" your logo set up to show up on each slide, have an assortment of slide positions/formats to browse, and even set a typography template/style set.

Cons: Some of the time the recordings that you incorporate into the slides doesn't work, uniquely on the off chance that they are originating from YouTube, possibly it depends of the variant of the product.

• Reviewed on 15/08/2020
Anthony R.
Senior Analyst
Utilities, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/03/2020

"Powerpoint - The Best Presentation Software On the Market"

Comments: My overall experience with Powerpoint has been overwhelmingly positive. I've been using the software for years and never had any issues with my presentations. Having used it from everything to school projects, business presentations, and training new employees, I can testify to how truly versatile this product is and essential to creating professional presentations. Don't settle for other presentation software, because in my experience none are as simple to use and feature rich as Microsoft's Powerpoint.

Pros: Powerpoint is an intuitive and easy to use solution for creating any type of presentation. With a wide array of tools and features, the user is able to make presentations as simple or complex as desired. No frills projects can be made with minimal input and effort. More complex projects can utilize features such as slide animations in the form of transitions, bouncing text, sounds, moving images, and more. The best part about the software is how highly customizable the presentations are which means you are only limited by your own creativity. There are plenty of free presentation themes available that will give your presentation a sleek and professional appearance. You can also create a custom theme or purchase others if the free selection doesn't meet your preferences. The software gives you the option to record your voice and do virtual presentations if you are not able to present in real time which is a nice feature. Additionally, users can create charts, graphs, and smart art, which can help convey data in a visual format that is most suitable to your needs. Most importantly, presenting with the software is a breeze. Transitioning through slides can be done manually on the keyboard or through a wireless remote. This process is seamless and generally speedy depending on how many graphics and animations that need to load. Because of its sheer versatility, ease of use, and variety of customization options, there is no better presentation software than Microsoft Powerpoint.

Cons: I have no true functionality complaints about the software. However, I do think there is one feature that can be slightly improved. When exceeding a certain amount of text on a slide, Powerpoint will automatically resize the font so that the text will fit neatly onto the slide. At some point, the text will become too small to be readable during a presentation. Instead of continuing to resize the text so that it will fit onto the slide, Powerpoint should give the user a warning that the text will become too small to be legible while presenting. That way the user has an idea of when too much text has been put onto the slide and would be better off saving that information for a new slide. Perhaps after reaching a certain font size.

• Reviewed on 18/03/2020
Kristen B.
Writing & Editing, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 04/02/2020

"PowerPoint is the Gold Standard for Presentation Software - Recommended!"

Comments: PowerPoint is designed for giving presentations. Back in the day we'd give these presentations in a room via a projector, but now we give our presentations online through screen-sharing services like GoToMeeting. PowerPoint is great because it still allows us to give that same presentation, with our slides, animations, graphics, videos, media, charts, reports, and so on, through our computer screen. I can pre-record my presentation as part of the PowerPoint, or speak live. I have a lot of options and PowerPoint provides even more through its software. Those familiar with Microsoft will have no problem with the PowerPoint interface. And those new to Microsoft will get the hang of it quickly, because Microsoft designs their products to be intuitive.

Pros: If you're in business, you know PowerPoint. Everyone knows PowerPoint. It's essential for any business, because we all use it. I know that if I create a presentation in PowerPoint, it will run on computers 99.9% of the places I go because everyone uses it. It's easy to use, and Microsoft has made it practically intuitive with drag-and-drop functionality. Most of us have been using PowerPoint for decades as it is, but the fact that it's become easier to use and more flexible makes it essential for any business.

Cons: Like many Microsoft products, a small business owner like myself does not have any need for many of the high-level functions of this software. Also, the cost is a factor for those who are on a shoe string budget, especially given that there are free options out there if you're willing to sacrifice some of the bells and whistles that PowerPont offers, as well as the ability to save files in Microsoft's proprietary file extension (that would allow you to open your saved file on other computers that have PowerPoint).

• Reviewed on 04/02/2020
ICT Systems Coordinator
Music, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/05/2019

"The Well-Deserved Leader of Presentation Software"

Comments: PowerPoint is used regularly across the business by office workers and senior executives alike. It is one of the most common forms of displaying information in meetings, and will no doubt be used in this way for many years to come. Information and support can be found in abundance online, and everyone it seems is familiar with the concept of PowerPoint and can navigate its UI well.

Pros: PowerPoint is very well established and as such everyone has experience with using the software in various situations and can navigate its UI well; this has meant we have had to provide less training than we normally would need to provide. There is an abundance of support information online for if users run into issues. From a technical standpoint, PowerPoint was incredibly easy to deploy as part of an Office installation package and can be maintained via GPOs. PowerPoint is filled with features; you can import media such as videos or pictures, use slide design templates to spruce up a presentation, and create slide transitions to add some magic when moving from slide to slide in presentation view. When presenting in a dual-screen mode, the presentation will display on one screen and notes/next slide previews will show on the other, which is useful for presenters.

Cons: PowerPoint can struggle with extremely large video files (upwards of 1GB) when inserted into a presentation, however it does provide a compression utility in the application to decrease video file sizes to improve performance. The basic design template can come across as a little boring (white background and black text), but this can be altered using slide design templates and text formatting tools.

• Reviewed on 08/05/2019
Daniel T.
Daniel T.
Growth Pastor
Religious Institutions, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/02/2019

"Presentation Software for Business and School"

Comments: Overall, this software has been incredibly valuable. I have been using it now for almost 20 years. I have always loved the way the software works, the ease of use, variety of customization settings, and its ability to present anything I need. I currently use it to teach lessons in a church and school setting with video, text, and charts/spreadsheets. It has helped me numerous times present content in a simple, fun, and engaging way.

Pros: Microsoft PowerPoint is an essential tool in my business and school toolbox. I use PowerPoint weekly to create mostly text presentations that teach and share ideas. What I like most:
1. Ease of use:
- There are built in templates ready for me to begin designing my slides.
- All the tools I need to create slides are at the top and right hand side easy for me to access.
- A slide pane on the left helps me see where I am in my presentation and select individual slides for editing.
- Presentation is simple, just the click of the spacebar, arrow, mouse, or presenter allows me to advance my slides or go back.
2. Autosave: There are times when I have to leave my desk and my project will auto save.
3. Presentation Mode: I use this mode when I "extend my desktop" for use with a projector (you can access this setting by typing "project" in the search bar on a Windows 10 computer). Presentation mode allows me to see what slide I am currently on, what slide is next, and has a timer to see how long my presentation has been going. It also has features like play, back, forward, etc...
4. Embedding: PowerPoint allows me to embed audio files, video files, spreadsheets, word docs, or pdf into the slides. It is great to be able to incorporate the necessary things I need to present my project or lesson.
5. Transitions and Animations: The transitions and animations feature is helpful because it includes a lot of pre-programmed settings to creatively change between slides or text.

Cons: Here are a few things I dislike about the software:
1. The presentation software only works linearly. What I mean by that is I cannot jump between slides or make a uniquely motioned presentation like Prezi. PowerPoint simply goes from one slide to the next to the next. While PowerPoint more than makes up for this with the animations and transitions offered and its ease of use, I do wish it had some of the unique features of Prezi.
2. I find the animations feature to be a bit difficult. It isn't as intuitive as I would like. What I mean by that is when I do bullet points for a lesson outline I have to select the text I want to animate, then select the animation I want, then select "Move Forward on Click" in order to get the presentation points to go 1, 2, 3, 4, etc... instead of the default, which is all at once. I find it a bit cumbersome.
3. One could argue that while customization is a bonus of PowerPoint, it can also be a negative. The software requires a bit of a learning curve.

• Reviewed on 22/02/2019
Nathaniel M.
RN
Hospital & Health Care, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/11/2018

"Best presentation software for windows platforms"

Comments: This has been a tool used in my life since I was in grade school. The evolution of presentations varied greatly over that time. I have seen integrated media, animated slides, advanced templates allowing for various trivia game style presentations and presentations designed to present themselves. PowerPoint has been a staple tool for communication in the same way that email and telephones have been staples to businesses or other organizations.

I never found any issue with PowerPoint that was not easy to solve with tools built into the program. Any advanced presentation styles could be found online and easily implemented.

Pros: The best aspect of this software is that it is user friendly.
Slideshows come with preset themes with easily alterable color schemes.
Integration of media content with or without internet access.
Best of all, as a leading software in the market, any PowerPoint presentation can be read on Windows and Mac platforms whereas slideshow programs originating on Mac do not always cross over well to Windows.
Use of advanced slides is made simple as they can be downloaded as a new template scheme.
One example of this is using PowerPoint to play Jeopardy style trivia to engage the audience.
This presentation tool is a staple for education in any setting. Medical professionals' training and conferences, business place meetings and marketing, schools or universities, and as updates and newsletters through email. The versatility is remarkable.

Cons: There is a lack of collaborative features in real time. Currently many features of what Google has introduced with Docs and Slides allow people to work on the go in real time. PowerPoint is more sophisticated than any online platform but if it were to integrate even a few of the collaborative features available to other Microsoft products such as OneNote then there would be nothing to complain about.

• Reviewed on 15/11/2018
Bonnie M.
educator
Higher Education Software, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/09/2018

"PowerPoint"

Comments: I work in both business and higher education fields in everything from application software set-up, international communications, or budget timelines to educating teachers in the integration of technology into the classroom from Early Childhood Development up through high school and/or Special Education as well as adult Organizational Management and Leadership, and Business Data and Information Management all of which requires presentations and dissemination of information in an effective and manageable way. Using PowerPoint for all of these needs has truly been a successful venture. With the ability to add graphics, hyperlinks, voice over recordings, embedded videos, music, timed and professional transitions and the options to save as editable presentations, or view only automated slide shows and Digital Stories, I have been able to create robust and interactive presentations that I share on a regular basis. Whether it’s a live, in-person presentation, or an emailed or uploaded slideshow or digital story, I can trust that PowerPoint will help me share and educator others.

Pros: In today's technologically infused world I engage daily in both business and higher education fields (both public and private), and I find time after time that PowerPoint (PPT) is my go-to presentation software program! I think its versatility and ease of use (without any formal training) has to be my favorite thing about PPT. I can provide an editable version of a PPT presentation to my students (or staff), or I can provide them with an automated slide show/video that they can simply watch to receive the desired information.

Cons: I think if I had to ask for any improvements it would be that the program would automatically prompt the user upon saving the file, if he/she would like to “compress pictures/graphics to reduce the size of the file.” I have many students who have complained that they cannot upload their presentations or that it takes was too long for their files to upload into our online classes. This often can be due to the size of their files which can be quite large because of their inserted pictures/graphics. I know to always compress my graphics before saving the file, but even when instructed to do this students will often forget when under the pressure of submitting a graded or important presentation/slide show. I have experienced this with staff and other faculty/colleagues as well. Offering a simple prompt upon saving the file that asks the user “Would like to compress pictures/graphics to reduce the size of your file?” with the same ‘Target output’ options that are available on the Compress Pictures tool, would save effort, size, and time!

• Reviewed on 20/09/2018
Jose de jesus R.
Jose de jesus R.
Gerencia de Área Plataforma Tecnológica
  • Reviewed on 27/06/2018

"My experience using Microsoft Power Point"

Comments: This software has allowed me to share my experience with a product that has helped me a lot in my professional environment, as well as see the evaluations of other professionals before acquiring it and have a good opinion of them and know their benefits.

Pros: I am a user of Microsoft Power Poin which I use daily, it has been a very useful work tool, since I can make presentations with professional quality, not only within the institution where I work as a leader of the Technological Platform but also in other private organizations to which I work giving advice.
It seems to me that the tools of text editing, the incoportacion of images, photographs and videos give a great professionalism to this great tool.
The effects of transition gives a very attractive option which causes the participants to have their attention to 100% of the subject.
Also, the incorporation of Data from Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access complements the information that I want my listeners to be attentive.
I can widely recommend the use of this great tool that gives a very important touch to my work, being able to project all the ideas and important concepts of the activity.

Cons: As a regular user of Microsoft Power Point, I can say that one of the few disadvantages that it has is the use of new versions that incorporate functions that when opening or running on a computer with an old version, these wonderful effects are lost. have been used, what we have to do frequently if we want to share is to save for previous versions.
Also, it has against this software that we must always be protected with a good anti virus, that protects the operating system from malicious software and that at the time of sharing our presentations is not infected and we cause disloyalty to our colleagues.
Something very interesting is not to include too many animations that distract the attention of the participants. Also, the file would be very heavy with a lot of megabits.

• Reviewed on 27/06/2018
Thierry J.
Thierry J.
Business Administrator
Hospital & Health Care
  • Reviewed on 05/06/2018

"I use PowerPoint on a daily basis with the objective of creating training content for my team."

Comments: This software allows me to really deliver training content to my peers and employees. It is useful even when creating e-learning content using other recording software in tandem with PPT.
I believe that it is an absolute requirement to learn and understand how to use Microsoft PowerPoint. The updates and improvements made by Microsoft have really made this product a must use for corporations and single users alike.

Pros: PowerPoint is a very straightforward and comprehensive software, when used for the simple task of delivering quick, text-centric content it is a cost-effective and simple tool to use. Users have the ability to create fast and easy to read presentations for a wide variety of purposes. There is a reason why MS. PowerPoint is a standard application and a requirement for most professionals. The application has an added benefit of being accessible on tablets and mobile devices. Another great feature is the "presenter view" which allows the presenter to view and anticipate the content being presented when creating a presentation you can also add comments to further add details to your slide.

Cons: PowerPoint's slide-based model is one of the oldest tricks in the book, it is absolutely the simplest format one can think of to deliver content aside from emails. However, in 2018 there are far better options out there such as Adobe Captivate and Camtasia (which has PowerPoint integration).
The hyperlinking is faulty at times and can use some improvement. The files can get damaged when transferred, especially via email.
Adding audio or video to PowerPoint could prove slightly complicated at times if you are not well versed in how to use it.
PowerPoint requires creativity if you want your slides to not be boring.

• Reviewed on 05/06/2018
Platform UX Manager
  • Reviewed on 22/05/2018

"Old but good"

Comments: I have been using this product for years and it gets better and easier with every version.
It is dependable and solid.
I find it easy to use, and easy to explain to others how to use it (I am considered and expert of this tool in the company I work at).
Although some features are hard to find even though they are highly needed - like resizing of files - I still think this is a good tool with high value for money.

Pros: Powerpoint is easy to use. Once you understand that the secret is an extensive use of the mouse right click - you can get almost anything done. The color, fonts, sizes and other features behave the same as in all other MS products. So if you ever worked with Word or Excel it is a pretty seamless experience even for beginners. A lot of the available features change according to the item that is currently selected, thus predicting your next steps and needs. This behavior in the product has been improving more and more from one version to the next.

Cons: There is a difference between the product version for Mac and PC. I find the PC version more robust and friendly.
Presentations, especially those with a lot of graphics can become very heavy. The feature allowing to reduce presentation size is hidden, and you have to be an advanced user to easily find it.
It is still frustrating when you copy slides from one presentation to another and all the design changes. In order to keep the original design you have to know where to look for the "keep original design" command. I have seen this happen many times and waste a lot of people's precious time, all because this feature is hidden. That is a shame.

• Reviewed on 22/05/2018
Elena C.
Employee Engagement Manager
Human Resources, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/05/2018

"I use PowerPoint all the time. It is my primary presentation software."

Comments: We are able to create attractive bespoke presentations for internal use as well as client projects with ease.

Pros: I find ppt very easy to use, and have been using it since I can remember. It has all of the essentials I need to create a good looking, professional presentation, and features that make it look like I know a lot more about design than I do. Designing a background by uploading a file and making it transparent, for instance ... looks stellar. Adding in some animation also makes your presentation feel more interactive, but doesn't take much effort at all. The available icons make it look more modern. There are a number of features that contribute to ease of use as well. It is easy to paste graphics/text in (for instance, ours or a client's company logo) and insert other pictures and files. Things are easy to insert, move around, play with, duplicate and edit. I also appreciate that there are templates you can choose when you aren't feeling very inspired. There are usually multiple people who are looking at the same ppt in our company, so the ability to insert comments is also super helpful. All of this being said, I think the software has a lot of other capabilities and functionalities that I have most likely not explored. For instance, every time I ask my Director of Marketing about something related to ppt, she usually shows me something I did not know before, and says that she discovers these features solely by Googling how to do something.

Cons: One thing I would say that I would love to see is some sort of process map feature. When I need to make a very custom process map I use Gliffy, export the diagram, and copy/paste it into my ppt presentation. Also - and this is a big one - for whatever reason, I have a lot of trouble when I am using the Slide Master View to insert a logo which needs to be on every page. I have Googled it, played with it, and always end up doing it manually (as in, pasting our logo onto every single slide). To be honest it drives me NUTS.

• Reviewed on 10/05/2018
Shenali V.
Undergraduate
Education Management, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/10/2019

"PowerPoint Review"

Comments: I am a daily user of MS PowerPoint and I create numerous presentations on a daily basis as a part of my career. Throughout the past years I've completely depended on PowerPoint to fulfil these tasks because no other software seemed to add up to my requirements and satisfaction. Though there are a very few drawbacks, MS PowerPoint has always pleased me. It's trully a very successful software.

Pros: As a member of the MS office suite PowerPoint is a very easy to learn software like the rest of the MS Office softwares. It is the accepted standard for presentations in the business world and is accepted in the corporate industry globally. It not only allows you to add various multimedia contents to the presentation but also to customize them individually which is a great feature. PowerPoint also gives the option of custom slide show which is a huge time saver. With its wide adaption it has become an essential software in the corporate world. It also has a wide range of templates and add-ons through which it has never failed to please its users in producing the perfect presentations for their requirements.

Cons: The only drawback of MS PowerPoint is that it's version dependant. If you create a powerpoint presentation with a specific version and run it in a computer or laptop with a different version it cannot be run. So the presenter needs to carry his/her laptop around in order to avoid embarrassment. Also the video playback feature tends to get stuck during a presentation sometimes which puts the presenter in quite a situation.

• Reviewed on 03/10/2019
Luis O.
Freelancer
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 06/03/2021

"PowerPoint Review"

Comments: I have created a lot of presentations for small, medium businesses, big clients with co-workers, as a consultant, seller, trainer. to do a quick framework and then do the decoration if the time is allowed.
overall it's a good software that gets you out of rush trouble to do a presentation for a group of people in a basic way with a tiny touch of customization to accomplish the work.

Pros: PowerPoint is a Straightforward tool for making and showing a presentation with a good intuitive interface. It also the most common presentation software known meaning that the format extension will not be a problem at all when you share or collaborate with others in the creations. it is also versatile with a lot of features like clickable infographics, embedded videos, use it online.
It gives you the power to create fast and build the structural framework of your ideas quickly to communicate with the impact of the visualized expression.

Cons: PowerPoint has its limitations for the arts and graphics capacities when you try to modify some SmartArts Infographics that are quick to create but meager/poor to impress with something new out of the box like graphic customization is a little stressful. if you want to incorporate in the slides you will need to use another software as illustrator canvas photoshops to complement and work from Cero in other place and then paste it into the slides. also, the SAS implementation to work with give you some annoying situations for restrictions in the use and slowly run due by more resources of memory from the computer.

• Reviewed on 06/03/2021
Shayne H.
Shayne H.
Director of Sales
Internet, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/02/2019

"The only presentation tool I've used my entire life!"

Comments: I've used PowerPoint from the time I was in Middle School. I was introduced to the application when I had to create a presentation on the ill-effects of smoking back in the 6th Grade. Since then, till this day, I'm still loyal to the application and I have mastered it. PowerPoint has been an integral part of my life and will continue to be.

Pros: 1) Time/Place Utility: You can easily download and use PowerPoint virtually anywhere! Plus, it's highly likely that you'll find PowerPoint in most professional settings, if not all of them. 2) An Aide to your Narratives: With the average human attention span being about 9 to 10 seconds, PowerPoint lets you create visual presentations that will aide your narration and reduce the element of boredom. It can also lead to an increase in the concentration power of your audience and can facilitate an engaging exchange between you and your audience. 3) Highlight what is important: Powerpoint lets you insert images, alter their size, move them across a slide and many other things. But what's even better is that you can add pointers or shapes to highlight specific key information from your slide. 4) Animation: Too much of animation is a bad thing, but you can animate pointers, shapes or any sort of information, in order to draw the attention of your audience to key information. 5) Hand-Outs: PowerPoint lets you print hand-outs and give them to each participant so that your audience can follow up or track where you in your presentation. Not only does it help people with weak vision (probably those who sit far away) but it can also increase the retention power of your audience as they can go through it much later. 6) Dual Monitors: PowerPoint has a 'dual monitor' option where you can see more information in one monitor as opposed to what your audience sees in the other monitor.

Cons: 1) Distraction: If you don't strike a balance between your presentation and your narratives, chances are that your audience may get distracted by the elements of your presentation and lose track of what you are saying at the moment. But this is a personal factor and there's nothing much that can be done by PowerPoint for this.

• Reviewed on 19/02/2019
Summer Intern
  • Reviewed on 16/12/2018

"Still One of the Best Presentation Tools on the Market"

Pros: Microsoft PowerPoint is a well-featured and easy to use program for creating and presenting presentations. PowerPoint makes it very easy to create visually appealing presentations with its templates, transitions, animations, and SmartArt. The interface is capable without being too cluttered and makes it easy to quickly create and reformat slides.
After creating a presentation, there are a variety of formats for exporting to both digital and physical media, which I believe is one of the best features of the program. For example, a .ppsx file can be created that will automatically boot to the slideshow after opening, or a presentation can be printed out in 6 slides per page with space for annotations.
PowerPoint also integrates with other programs in the Microsoft Suite such as Excel and Publisher where excel and publisher charts and graphics can easily be transferred over..

Cons: PowerPoint is paid software and typically part of the Microsoft Office Suite. This means that you must seriously consider the benefits of using PowerPoint over an option like Google Slides, which may not have some of the features but is offered for free. Competitors like the ones found in the Google Suite also have some more features that are either on Google due to it being on the cloud. This includes autosaving and collaboration, easy embeds of online images and videos, and being able to use the Google Sheet on any platform.

• Reviewed on 16/12/2018
Fidelis achugamonye A.
sales Executive
Information Technology & Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/02/2021

"Microsoft Powerpoint 2021 Review"

Comments: My overall experience is awesome. This software has helped me a lot to present my papers and analysis to my company managers in an easily understandable view using charts and tables that can take the whole of my screen for easy visualization.

Pros: Microsoft Powerpoint is a great presentation software. I use this software to design the layout of my document tile, body, and bulleted words that I will present at a conference or board meeting. It really has great features such as the ability to choose from an already made template for ease of use, the ability to drag and drop designs and edit words associated with it. It also has animation and effects features which help my design to be dynamic and responsive during a presentation. Using the transition features I am able to time and scroll the pages in a presentable manner in a way that my audience enjoys the move and follow up. This software is easy to install and use. At the end of my design, I can easily save and export my file in different formats such as PowerPoint(PPT) slides and video. It can easily be integrated with other apps such as Microsoft word and excel.

Cons: The cons of this software are that the important points and large amounts of in-depth information such as words when trying to make it fit in in one slide while at the same time trying to make it bold with large fonts is not easily entertain rather you need another slide for it since it is bulleted.

• Reviewed on 10/02/2021
Lana S.
Lana S.
Business Development Manager
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/11/2018

"Most effective and fascinating way of presenting information."

Comments: Overall it is absolutely right to say that power point is considered to be the backbone of my work, without it my work would have been rather difficult enough. I have been taking help out of it since when I was a student; I kept on using at all levels. For me PowerPoint has a big part behind my every success.

Pros: If I have to write about positive aspects they are really uncountable, the most fantastic tool that consist of numerous editing tools in order to make presentation more and more colorful. It is the most reliable and preferable application for crating professional presentations.
PowerPoint is much highlighted product of Microsoft that keeps much value in our lives. Like this is the product we use and by the help of it we try to attract others towards our actions.
It is full featured tool and it also comes with unbelievable shortcut commands for making our work easier and faster. It is all about the best quality product.

Cons: I am fully satisfied with this outstanding software. I feel really difficult to find any cons. One of the thing that I consider not a major problem is that, sometimes when I prepare my presentation and try to save my work in different formats here the issue comes, while saving work in PDF file it breaks the file and gives an error. But after some attempts I receive the correct response. Well this is the issue I had but not a major issue. I do not go against this product because I have a strong connection with PowerPoint and I have to depend on it.

• Reviewed on 07/11/2018
Senior Program Officer
International Trade & Development, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/01/2021

"Review of Power Point"

Comments: Power point is a great tool. It has made my talks come alive with the use of images and videos. I like playing around with its features. So far I am still learning about Power Point even though I have been using it for more that 10 years, I still find there is more to learn and use in my work place.

Pros: PowerPoint is fun to use. I like all the features and functions. One particular feature that I like playing around with when preparing for a presentation is the layout. Whenever I right click on a slide and choose layouts, Power Point automatically provides options of layouts that can be used. That ensures I vary the presentation from one slide to the next from slide 1 to the last slide on the presentation. Hence, making my presentation interesting and keeps the audience captivated from the start to the end of my talk.

Cons: One issue I have with Power Point is playing a video using a link on the power point. When I am doing a presentation to audience that are joining my presentation via online (on Microsoft Teams) and in person. The link to the video is inserted on the Power Point. When I clicked the link instead of the video playing on Power Point, it directs me to the Youtube channel to view the video. Once the video ends, I will have to close the Youtube channel and go back to Power Point. Most times in my presentation, when using a video link in my presentation I switch off slide show and click the video link to view the video inorder to avoid the link directing me out of Power Point into Youtube. So what I found is when playing videos on slides that is not on slide show, the video plays on Power Point but when playing videos on slides that are on slide show the video is directed to Youtube. This means I have to switch back to power point after a video is complete in a presentation or talk.

• Reviewed on 09/01/2021
Trina H.
Trina H.
Coordinadora editorial
11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/07/2018

"An essential software for my area of work."

Comments: A software that must belong in a mandatory way to your compendium of software used in your company, corporation, or business. The potentials that you get from Powerpoint will not be found in other software.

Pros: Currently I work as Editorial Coordinator, and it is necessary for me to generate excellent written content, but also expository, since many of our sponsors seek the highest quality in the editorial of their artistic and musical themes. Microsoft has designed this fabulous work tool that has allowed me to project in a pleasant and dynamic way, all the potentials that I have as a professional in the area of editorial projects, making my visual exhibitions works of art that have been valued and rewarded in new projects financed by different types of institutions. Powerpoint has qualities of all kinds, expositive, analytical, customizable, aesthetic. All this is combined into wonderful tools for developing dynamic and static templates, elaboration of explanatory tables, insertion of images and videos to the slides, among many other options that make your research and exhibitions excellent works of high quality.

Cons: This software must be managed at its maximum capacity, that is, to make quality presentations, you have to handle the full spectrum of options offered by Powerpoint, but, the presentations tend to be very basic and gray, losing the essence of the idea that you want to transmit to the public.

• Reviewed on 31/07/2018
Deepak G.
Apparel & Fashion, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/11/2019

"Excellent Software for Business Presentations"

Comments: Power Point helps us to make perfect and most appealing presentation on daily basis to showcase our products to our customers on day to day basis. It also helps us to describe various procedures and processes to our internal work teams and in turn makes it easy for them to understand in a slide to slide and step by step description. Over all its is an absolutely amazing tools to win business and increase your productivity and efficiency.

Pros: The Best thing about Microsoft Powerpoint is it's user-friendliness. It has been made absolutely as per the convenience of a persons who has never taken any formal or professional training to use this software. The user interface has been designed is such a way that all the options practically required are readily available right there on the toolbars above with the most appropriate and indicative icons. The transition affects, animations, and themes are absolutely wonderful. Another wonderful thing about Powerpoint is that is it a popular software so whenever to carry your presentation in a Pendrive etc. you can plug it into any system and you are ready to go.

Cons: Although there is not much to hate about Powerpoint, but still the area where it can improvise is the variety of templates on various themes that can be offered as a part of the standard package. It shall save the user from effort for searching online for that perfect theme for the presentation for various occasions/ categories/products.

• Reviewed on 13/11/2019