• Overall
    4.6 /5
    4.6 /5
  • Customer Service Software
    4.8 /5

About Syxsense

Stay one step ahead of any threat with advanced and proactive endpoint security that predicts, detects, and neutralizes vulnerabilities

Learn more about Syxsense

Kerry L.
IT Security Analyst
Biotechnology, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/10/2020

"A worthy tool in any seurity arsenal"

Comments: Very satisfied with the product and it has been instrumental in our security program

Pros: I like the ability to see statuses at a qucik glance and this product provides that. No time wasted searching. Easy to use. Many, many features and more keep getting added

Cons: Some of the more advanced features coulds do with better documentation

Ajet I.
Automotive, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/10/2020

"Good system for patching servers"

Comments: we are using them for almost 2 years and are very satisfied. Are able to patch 1000+ remote servers.

Pros: Its easy to setup, cloud based so you don't have to setup and configure any on-prem infrastructure, can patch servers without being connected locally to them i.e over vpn or on same subnet

Cons: Not much, it works really well, sometime when they have new features they might break some tasks and support is not fast in fixing them but that does not happen very ofthen

Adam N.
  • Reviewed on 07/10/2020

"Syxsense has made management of remote users a breeze"

Comments: Our company had a problem with management of users working from home. If they did not connect to VPN there was not a lot we could do to keep the machine patched and secure. Ever since we installed the Syxsense agent on all our machines we can keep them up to date and connect to them with one click from the dashboard.

Pros: Being able to connect to remote machines easily was a big need for us and syxsense makes it very simple for the administrator and the end user. Patching computers automatically and being able to see the inventory of computers is very useful for me.

Cons: The amount of steps you have to go through to create a task I feel could be improved.

Wilfredo L.
IT Assistant
  • Reviewed on 12/07/2019

"Mid size company using Patch Manager to manage Desktop/Laptop updating policy"

Comments: Outlook windows updates were causing issues and since wsus packages these we could not manage the updates with out a tool, since CMS we are not able to verify the update before deploying.

Pros: The ease of use, we have spent less time managing the program and less time assisting with issues since the deployment of CMS/ Patch Manager.

Cons: Not sure yet seems to work fine on all aspects and functions

• Reviewed on 12/07/2019
Paul M.

"One of our key tools"

Comments: We use Syxsense to quickly associate and end user with a device, for remote control of devices and of course to maintain patching on all devices

Pros: We really like the user friendly interface. It gives us a quick view of all of our devices and access to them using the remote control element.

Cons: This may be operator error but there seems to be a gap in assessing and deploying patches to machines that need them. For example, if we see that a particular machine needs a patch it would be useful to know which other machines need the same patch. The only way I know to do this is to note the patch # and then look up that patch under Patches and create a job from there. IT would be very helpful to see and do this right from the patch view under the an individual machine. Another wish list item would be regarding asset mgmt. While this gives us some asset mgmt ability it falls short of a complete solution

Dustin W.
Network Engineer
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/06/2019

"Still Implementing but so far Impressed"

Comments: We have a unique environment where we have 11 total sites and fairly slow links to some of our more remote locations. Pushing windows updates across these links was next to impossible. Cloud Management Suite helps us to fix this issue by allowing the system updates to come down over our faster internet connections at these sites instead of trying to push it across our much slower ELAN.

Pros: The ease of deployment was a huge selling point for my organization. We have been able to include the client on our images which wasn't an option with some of the other solutions that we looked at before purchasing Cloud Management Suite. We also really like the fact that we can upload our own custom install packages into the cloud and push them down to our clients at our 10 remote locations.

Cons: The web console can be a disjointed at times. Every now and then the page doesn't refresh properly and I am forced to go back and repeat the same process over again. I think that this is fairly common with web consoles though and is a huge hindrance to our overall workflow.

Amanda B.
Senior IT Developer
  • Reviewed on 06/06/2019

"Great Product Great Support"

Comments: Its been great, so easy to use and helpful beyond imagine

Pros: I like the customization! I can run specific patches on specific devices at specific. I can schedule night patches, I can exclude servers, and can review the task. I also love the support, I always get a response that day and get a follow up as well

Cons: The limited reports and that some were removed.

Jayson J.
It manager

"Syxsense"

Pros: Easy patch deployment in and out of the organisation’s network.
Possible to deploy software too

Cons: Slow web console interface, needs to refresh at timess

Samuel R.
  • Reviewed on 11/04/2016

"Excellent product, makes OS and Application patching as easy as it gets"

Comments: I have a background with SCCM 2012, Seccunia, Desktop Central, and a few other endpoint management systems... and I will hand it to these guys at CMS... they have made a product that is very intuitive and very easy to get up and running.
Their customer service was also excellent. They were very quick to respond, always available to help, and good people all around. I would recommend them to any small business with limited IT resources who want a simple platform to get up and running quick with no on-prem server to maintain and no week long training classes required to administer.

• Reviewed on 11/04/2016
Jeremy T.
  • Reviewed on 21/04/2016

"Great software"

Comments: We chose Patch Manager because it was a cloud based system and we have many users who travel. We can verify all patches have run without the user ever having to login with VPN. Great software. The support have been perfect, they have helped us with any issues (mainly on our side) that have come up.

• Reviewed on 21/04/2016
Paul B.
Wholesale, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/10/2020

"Additional features and reduced costs."

Comments: My over experience with Syxsense Manage has been excellent. When I came into this role there had been a lack of follow up from my MSP on why patches where failing and as a result the estate wasn't patched to a level I was happy with. It only took 3 months with Sxysense Manage to get every machines completely 100% patched, including some key 3rd party applications not just Microsoft and Apple Mac OS patches.

Pros: It has allowed me to have a granularity over my estate patching that I never had when I had a Managed Service Provider patching my estate for me. The remote control function is good in that all a device needs is to have an internet connection for us to be able to fix issues. This has helped us fix VPN issues, remotely. Reporting, the detailed reporting is invaluable to prove the system is doing what I expect and when.

Cons: Remote control tools is a little "flakely" over lower bandwidth connections.

• Reviewed on 08/10/2020
Won P.
It administrator
Biotechnology, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/11/2020

"Syxsense makes sense if you are a small company who needs almost one stop management"

Pros: The ability to do almost everything one would need in IT administration.

Cons: Bugs with remote connectivity and control, website issues with site rendering. Lack of ability to transfer more than one file at a time from a target system

Richard B.
Sr Vice President Information Technology
Banking, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/12/2020

"Syxsense, Best tools for application and patch management"

Comments: Exceptional product. Industry leader!

Pros: We evaluated several products. Syxsense surpassed their competitors on all features. It's easy to understand and the application functionality is very intuitive. Deployment was completed quickly through login script and the application become functional within a matter of a couple days. The Syxsense team was knowledgeable and quick to respond to any questions or configuration concerns. This product surpassed our objectives which rarely happens.

Cons: Improvements could be made in executive reporting capabilities.

• Reviewed on 16/12/2020
Derek E.
Sr. IT Support Administrator
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 1,001-5,000 Employees

"My review on SyxSense"

Comments: My overall experience is great. This has become my go to application and is used daily for me. I enjoy the ability to connect to a users machine without approving the connection. This is very handy when troubleshooting with non technical people. Last, I also enjoy that the connection last even when the computer is not signed in. This has been very handy as I can restart a machine, connect to it, and log back in to complete the troubleshooting steps I am doing.

Pros: I love the software overall. There are a few things in particular I use the software for: Remote access, Viewing a computer's inventory (Installed applications, computer information, logged in user, disk space, and patches). I love the ease of connecting to a users machine. I love the ease in packaging the software.

Cons: There are a few glitches that need improving with the software. First, the remote access option works well. But, switching between the monitors is not so great. I have found that our users working on a wifi connection do not allow us to swap between monitors. If the user is on a wired connection, it appears to work fine. When we first began using the software, swapping worked great. Then, after the last update, it stopped. Also, I noticed that there was a box added to the recipents computer that shows when we connect and offers a disconnect option in the center of the screen. Users have been disconnecting the session as that was the first time they saw that box and they panicked. I am not sure if this should be removed, but relocating it when the connection is established would be great. It should not pop up in the center of the screen and disturb their work. I liked the version before that came in the taskbar and had to be clicked to open the disconnection box. Also, it did not pop up in the middle of the screen in interrupt their work. If this could be moved, it would be great.

Shannon R.
IT Support
Legal Services, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/05/2017

"Pleasure to deal with"

Comments: Its a great tool that I use daily and wouldnt be able to do my job without it!

Pros: I LOVE this software. In our organisation it is used as an assets DB, Remote control tool and its our patching tool too. As we have offices all over the country its not convenient to go down to the offices every times there is an issue nor is it cost effective for the business, so using CMS is great as we can connect the PCs/ Laptops in seconds to resolve issues and manage machines. The support staff are excellent at resolving any problems quickly and do a thorough job to make sure everything is resolved before closing down the ticket. The training staff are great too! No question is too silly and they are always happy to help with what ever issues / queries we had - IE setting up software deployments and using patch manager.
I would highly recommend CMS for small and large business. Other Verismic products are just as high quality as this one.

• Reviewed on 19/05/2017
Nichollas A.
IT Tech Support
  • Reviewed on 07/10/2020

"Syxsense helped me learn"

Comments: Being a young professional, I learned with Syxsense how much important a patch update is and how they affect the workstations, most of time helping dealing with issues with previous patches. Moreover, it makes the environment much easier to take care of having so many useful functionalities that help us in a Daily basis.

Pros: The software have a broad range of functionalities that help an IT environment that goes from letting you check a PC information through inventory to updating patches, creating specific tasks like installing a software and having security options to help maintain your environment as safe as possible.

Cons: The pop up window whenever I am creating a task looks weird for having to side scroll to view some information.

Liam R.
IT Systems Administrator
Wholesale, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/10/2020

"Patch Management Made Easy"

Comments: Overall, the product is helping us save time, and be more efficient when it comes to patch management. It also makes sure that our devices are up-to-date and secure against the many new threats that come about.

Pros: One of the main pros of this software is the ability to easily see the status of your devices in one place, to easily pick out devices that need updating. Being able to click on the device and view a fully detailed view of the device and the patches available for it saves so much time for us as in IT department. Another pro is the ability to schedule patch installations to avoid downtime during the day. The report feature is also very useful for auditing and tracing purposes.

Cons: I am happy with the product and can't think of an improvement at this time.

Chris K.
IT Operations Manager
Telecommunications, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/02/2017

"Way better Patching compared to VNC"

Comments: Our company has over 300 computers and we were managing them one by one with VNC. We had no way to automatically deploy patches, software, anything. It was getting more difficult to keep every comp up to date as the company was getting bigger. We were looking for a program that we can push update software to all of our devices at once instead of installing it one device at a time.
Customer service has been amazing and we've saved so much time. I've already referred Cloud Management Suite to several other companies.

Pros: Automatic patch deployment, easy to use, really good customer service. Saves us a lot of time.

• Reviewed on 14/02/2017
Jameson O.
IT Support Specialist
Mining & Metals, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/11/2020

"Syxsense Cloud-Based Endpoint System"

Comments: The customer support has been great and so has the training.

Pros: The automated tasks you can create for scanning, patching and deploying is amazing.

Cons: The only thing I'd love in an update would be the ability to remotely deploy multiple software's to one or many computers.

• Reviewed on 17/11/2020
Narasimha B.
System ENgineer
Facilities Services, 501-1,000 Employees

"Syxsense Feedback"

Comments: I dont have to worry if my systems are patched because I can run them on a schedule with Syxsense

Pros: The ease of running patches, pushing software to remote computers and the remote feature in Syxsense are the key factors that I liked about the product

Cons: The UI was really bad couple years ago when we got the software but it has developed a lot over the time.

Arnold G.
IT Department
Insurance Software, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/03/2017

"The only way to manage enterprise workstations"

Comments: We have used several methods for managing our workstation PC's. We used automatic updates, WSUS, a few shareware programs and all of them were very time consuming and marginally effective at best. We have 70 employees, each with at least two devices and an IT department consisting of 1. We starting using Patch Manager a little over a year ago and never looked back. Their support team helped me configure everything to get us up and running. A few months later they called to make sure everything was OK. I had a few questions they answered quickly. I have been very pleased with Patch Manager as it has freed my time for other issues.

Pros: Easy to use, priced right, great support

• Reviewed on 15/03/2017
William F.
  • Reviewed on 02/05/2016

"Great for the small shop IT department"

Comments: Maintaining all systems and infrastructure can be a challenge for any IT department. Leaving everything to one person, that becomes almost impossible. With sales agents on the road more than in the office we needed a product that would allow use to update, as well as manage software from a distance. Cloud Management Suite has brought all this together for us, at a fraction of the cost a managed service provider would charge. For those IT professionals who want to take the headache out of patch and software management, so that you can focus on what really matters than this is the software for you!

• Reviewed on 02/05/2016
Paul R.
Head of IT
Wholesale, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/10/2020

"An essential tool for any IT Department"

Comments: Overall I would recommend this for anyone trying to stay on top of the security element of their network. Its is an essential tool for any IT Department.

Pros: This software allows you, at a glance to see exactly where you are with your patching on each device.

Cons: Sometimes and rarely you may get sync issues but support have always been on hand to resolve the issue and quickly.

Ètienne R.
Legal Services, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/03/2020

"Syxsense patch management is instrumental in making telework happen"

Comments: A couple of years ago, our organization saw a need to move its patch management technology, which was on-prem, to a cloud solution. As we started to transition to a mobile workforce, we quickly realized that we needed to have the same visibility into the laptops as we had into our desktops and servers. We vetted several companies. None offered the capability and simplicity of the Syxsense.

Pros: Syxsense is much more than a patch management solution. Syxsense gives us the ability to deploy software and provide remote assistance to our employees no matter where they are in the world.

Amid the COVID-19 pandemic, with more and more of our employees being required to work from home, Syxsense has been instrumental in making telework happen for our organization.

Cons: Having a cloud solution is a huge benefit over what we were using, which was on-prem. There's nothing I like least.

• Reviewed on 31/03/2020
Sean M.
Director of IT
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/10/2020

"Patching rescue to Covid-19"

Comments: I've been able to address Windows patching for staff who no longer come into our network due to Covid-19, as well as software patching capabilities. Remote management has also been helpful as well as basic system review/maintenance in the background without the user's input(CMD/Powershell).

Pros: The software allows us to easily manage the Windows/software patches to our fleet of users forces to work remotely due to Covid-19. the software was easy to deploy and fairly intuitive to use.

Cons: So far I haven't found any drawbacks to the system.