• Overall
    4.3 /5
    4.3 /5
  • Customer Service Software
    4.1 /5

About Itemize

Fast receipt scanning and easy expense reporting on the go or in the office. Don't settle for standard. Itemize.

Learn more about Itemize

Mathy W.
Flying Giraffe Travel, Oasis/Palm Coast Travel, a member of Signature Travel Network
  • Reviewed on 08/03/2018

"Getting me organized with ease."

Pros: The ease of use is wonderful and it has enough options for me to keep track of business, personal and charity spending.

Chief Transformation Officer
Financial Services Software, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/11/2018

"Good app to track expenses"

Comments: The concept/app is very good, but need to improve the use for multiple countries

Pros: Great ACR capabilities, so identify most of the texts of the invoices.

Cons: Multi currency/countries does not work well. Do not have a favorites countries/currencies list so it is hard to add bills of other countries. Bug adding bills manually.

• Reviewed on 17/11/2018
Paul B.
2-10 Employees

"Itemize is pretty good"

Comments: Had some customer support issues when they were transitioning me from the original version to the new one and they weren't as responsive initially. It got better and the people I did talk to to get my account fixed were friendly and helpful. App itself is pretty good though it does have the capability to freeze up on occasion when trying to save a receipt. Don't love the subscription model, but it is what it is. I wish that Itemize would do better at automatically categorizing charges that are processed through Square, PayPal, etc when I forward the email to them. They don't track it back to the vendor, but instead it gets listed as Square/PayPal/other payment processor. It's funny because I forward my Itemize invoice that comes via email, and Itemize doesn't even recognize that it is an Itemize bill. Anyways, I think there is room for improvement, but it mostly serves my purposes pretty well which is saving my receipts for my business and categorizing them.

Pros: Quick, much better reading capability (OCR), pretty simple.

Cons: Recognize the emailed payment processing better -- so we see the actual vendor and not "Square". Wish there was a little more reporting/summarizing capabilities.

by Itemize on 26/10/2016

Thanks for the great review. Unfortunately with the automatic processing on digital receipts, we have to use the email address and logo from the original e-mail forwarded, this is something we hope to change in the future. Please feel free to reach out to us at [email protected] if you ever run into any issues!

Sonu B.
Business Systems Analyst
Financial Services Software, 1,001-5,000 Employees

"Excellent financial tracker"

Comments: Love the ease of use and functionality that this app offers. Keeps all of my information in one place and makes it quite easy for access when needed. Will recommend to all. Worth the money.

Pros: Easy to use and access.

Cons: Crashing at times.

by Itemize on 26/10/2016

Thanks for the great review! We have recently released our most stable build to date so we hope that you do not experience any future crashing issues. We have noted your suggestions on the receipts and will add them in for future development. Please feel free to contact [email protected] for any questions or suggestions you have in the future!

C lynn M.
IT Tech
  • Reviewed on 08/03/2018

"This app has saved me so much time!"

Pros: 1. Never have to look for a receipt again
2. Stores accept pictures of the receipts for returns
3. End of the year report for tax purposes - The is has saved me HOURS of year end time when doing my taxes

Cons: 1. Categories - wish I could just make my own and delete the other ones
2. Sometimes it's slow to connect to server so it takes a while to update my database.
3. Wish I could set up auto reports - where it would send them to my email monthly, yearly.

Ryan G.
Entertainment, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/10/2016

"Great for teams and business owners"

Comments: I can't save a receipt to save my life and I keep getting scolded by my accountant. Even more difficult is getting the rest of my team to save theirs since they use company credit cards. With Itemize, it's easy for us to remember and actually save the receipts. I also love that my accountant can pull up everyone's in one place. Great product, we'll continue to use.

Pros: Ease of use, makes not saving receipts inexcusable.

Cons: Initial setup required a scanned agreement, felt outdated for an app. I'm sure that's been resolved.

by Itemize on 05/10/2016

Great to hear you are pleased with your Itemize experience! If you ever have any problems, please reach out to us at [email protected] and we will be happy to help you!

Robyn P.

"Stop fiddling"

Comments: I think the software has real potential. It's lighter than the others and has all the right ingredients. I feel that the user experience could be less 'windows' and more 'mac' like. The drop down boxes are clunky and one step too many. Why do they have to be hidden when they need engaging with ? The app should be reliable and not as far away from the computer as it is and I think that the changes you make behind the scenes should be made public rather than just doing them. I don't understand why it took so long to get the save tags function working again when we rely on this thing working and no one kept us informed. I like itemize very much and I want it to succeed but that tag issue was nearerly the end !

Pros: Ease of use

Cons: User interface could be so much slicker

by Itemize on 26/10/2016

Sorry to hear about the issue with the tagging and we are happy to tell you that tags are working now! Thanks for the review and as always feel free to reach out to [email protected] if you have any questions or suggestions!

Herbert B.
Retired Chief Information Officer

"Been longing for you!"

Comments: Great tool! Had a few kinks in the beginning with totaling, but they were resolved. I would love to be able to add check deposits. I use it to keep track of expenses as well as deposits. It is my ACCOUNTING software. I see so much potential with this tool. Would be nice to add manual expenses as well. Perhaps that's available in an upgrade Version. I don't know. Anyway, I love it. It is much, much better than manual entries all the time. And pretty accurate. I''m impressed!

Pros: It's pretty accurate and easy to use.

Cons: Can't capture check or money order deposits. Have to manually manipulate entry to appear as a deposit. My deposits are not factored into the totals.

by Itemize on 28/10/2016

Thanks so much for the great review! If you ever have any suggestions or questions in the future please reach out to us at [email protected]

Ellen E.
Professional Training & Coaching, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/10/2016

"I can manage my receipts immediately"

Comments: Instead of gathering my receipts from a business trip and taking the time when I arrive back to the office, I am able to click and save receipts as I get them. It is a great time management device for me.

Pros: Convenience

Cons: It took me a while to figure out everything I can do with it and I am still learning.

by Itemize on 26/10/2016

Thanks for the great review and we are so happy to hear you are enjoying the Itemize product! Please feel free to reach out to us at [email protected] if you ever run into any issues!

Andrew W.
Professional Training & Coaching, 2-10 Employees

"Quick and Easy"

Comments: No more paper. I click photo my invoices and receipts, wait a few seconds, then mostly all the info is there. Usually all that's needed is a description of what the receipt or invoice was for.

Pros: Ease of use

Cons: I can only take a photo of 1 page of and invoice or receipt.

by Itemize on 28/10/2016

HR Manager
Airlines/Aviation, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/12/2019

"It's the Expense Tracker that we Needed"

Comments: It's a solid product with an extremely functional app. The reports are easy to run. There's no reason a company shouldn't use this tool.

Pros: As a user, my receipts have never been more organized. Basically, snapping a photo is so much easier than having to use a scanner every time, which is what I used to do. I went out to lunch with someone from another business that didn't use Itemize, and he was very jealous of how easy it was for me.

Cons: I haven't experienced any cons. I've only used the basics of the software, so there are probably a lot of features out there that I don't even know about yet.

• Reviewed on 14/12/2019
Kristi M.
  • Reviewed on 05/10/2016

"The BEST Reciept tracking app available"

Comments: After going through about 20 apps and countless dollars, I finally came across Itemize and my search was over. It is accurate, easy and exactly what I was looking for. The photos are clear and itemize is almost always perfect when gathering the info from the receipt. I don't have to go in and correct everything ( something I had been doing with the other programs). It catorgizes correctly and integrates seemlessly with whatever I need it to. Truly an indispensable financial app. I have bragged about it to friends and co-workers who are also in love with it now also. We also use it as my company and it is very accurate with our employees expenses and saves so much time. Instead of tracking receipts they can actually do their jobs and Itemize does the mundane work. You will really use this and enjoy how easy it makes the hassle of keeping track of your expenses.

Brady C.
Mechanic
Oil & Energy, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/11/2018

"My opinion"

Comments: 8 out of 10

Pros: Easy to use , just snap a picture , would be better if it would use a screen shot

Cons: That you cannot transfer a screen shot or photo directly into a receipt .

• Reviewed on 21/11/2018
Karlel C.
Hospital & Health Care, Self Employed

"Tax Support on Fire"

Comments: I was having the hardest time keeping track of all of my business expenses. I found Itemize, and whalaa...just what I needed. I have now recommended it to my team to use as well.

Pros: How it captures images and can read them so well.

Cons: It times out sometimes out of the app and I need to get it up going again.

by Itemize on 26/10/2016

Thanks for the great review! Please feel free to contact [email protected] with any suggestions or questions you may have in the future.

Ron G.

"It just works!"

Comments: I use itemize set up with my email address.
For large or important purchases, I find it valuable to be able to store an image of reciepts that I may need to access later. It is easy to scan a store purchase and the Itemize app automatically reads the information and records the amounts and store info. Just take a picture and the app does the rest.
I am often amazed that a new receipt just shows up, and I am notified!
If I make an online purchase or have a receipt emailed to me then it just works. No scanning or action needed, it just happens.
I am sure there are more things this app could do, but I cannot think of anything I would need from this exceptional receipt recording app.
I have not contacted support. No need to.

Marcelo M.
Dir Transform
  • Reviewed on 15/03/2018

"It is a good APP, but may improve few things"

Pros: The software is easy to use and control categorize the expenses. It has a good OCRecognition where most of the receipts is well identified.

Cons: Sometimes it does not save the info you input, then later you find multiple entries; I use it with 3 different currencies and countries, it would be great to keep the last input as default and to have some favorites Countries, Currencies as first options. I contacted the support and they never returned.

• Reviewed on 15/03/2018
Octavian G.
Operation manager
Construction, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/11/2016

"Very helpful app"

Comments: It save lot of time. I would appreciate if the printed report might have an option to have the receipt printed again.

Pros: Scanning the receipt is awesome

Cons: It should have the option to reprint the receipt

by Itemize on 12/12/2016

Thanks for the great review! I have noted your suggestion and will send it to our development team! Please feel free to contact us at [email protected] with any future questions or suggestions!

• Reviewed on 17/11/2016
Mike M.
Publisher
Publishing, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 26/10/2016

"Itemize is just what I needed."

Comments: This is the kind of app that needs to be super easy and intuitive and then work fast and accurately to give me the info I need. Itemize fits the bill! Looking forward to future enhancements! I am a very small business operator and this phone-based way to track and organize expenses is great.

Pros: Very good example of a single-purpose utility that is intuitive and fast.

by Itemize on 26/10/2016

Thanks for the great review! Please feel free to reach out to us at [email protected] for future any suggestions or questions you may have!

Janai C.
Sign Language Interpreter
Translation & Localization, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 20/11/2018

"Simplicity"

Comments: I like that it’s paper free and don’t have to worry about searching for my receipts all the time!!

Pros: That I can keep my receipts on the phone and it’s very Convient to do it while on the go!!

Cons: The navigation process of the app on how to find things as well as my yearly records seem hard to get easy access to!

• Reviewed on 20/11/2018
Dania H.
Fine Art, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 26/10/2016

"Great and affordable but sometimes, it crashes on me."

Comments: It is kind of slow when taking pictures of my receipts and uploading them to your server and sometimes, it crashes on me, one time causing all pics/receipts to get lost. Luckily I still had the receipts so I retook the pictures. Other than that, great for the cost.

Pros: Price and ease of use.

Cons: Slow, crashes sometimes.

by Itemize on 26/10/2016

Thanks for the review! None of your receipts would ever be lost, please reach out to us at [email protected] as we can recover them!

Richard O.
Retired
Retail, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 05/10/2016

"Keeping track of keeping track."

Comments: Itemize has provided me with great information about how my accounts are being used. It is well worth signing up and utilizing this app.

Pros: That it notifies me about my account.

Cons: Not always timely.

by Itemize on 05/10/2016

We are excited to hear that you are pleased with your Itemize experience! If you are ever experiencing any problems, please contact us at [email protected] and we would be happy to assist you!

Kerri S.

"Highly recommended"

Comments: I was tired of my receipts fading or being misplaced so I tried various apps looking for a better solution. Itemize won hands down when it came to ease of use and functionality. I love the way it turns an image into a record. It saves so much time and you are more inclined to use the app. Another feature I love is the reporting ability. At tax time I run a report that lists all my work related expenses. It's all about my time and Itemize takes the hassle out of record keeping so I can spend my time doing other things.

by Itemize on 26/10/2016

Thanks for the great review! If you ever have any questions or suggestions please feel free to reach out to us at [email protected]

Fiona R.
  • Reviewed on 03/11/2016

"A great Introduction for the Not-so-Savey Techy"

Comments: I used Itemize in my first job that required an expense account. The whole experience was very new! I will say getting use to everything takes time, but once you are over the initial learning curve the product is easy to use. The auto fill function works well for receipts and I like that you can just forward emails to your Itemize account. The only downside is some functions never worked for me- I could never get pictures to actually rotate and the email function had a time lag. Overall I would use it again in my next job.

by Itemize on 12/12/2016

Thanks for the great review! Please feel free to contact us at [email protected] with any future questions or suggestions!

• Reviewed on 03/11/2016
Devon G.
Managing Director
Financial Services Software, Self Employed

"Managing Director"

Comments: There are inconsistencies between some of the classifications that are offered on the mobile app and the desk top app (i.e. different categories). Additionally, customizing reports is cumbersome and inadequate. Because some of the categories are available on the mobile app but not the desktop, it further complicates consistency when trying to run expense analysis.

Pros: Ease of use

Cons: Editing/revising functions are difficult to use. Also, there should be some way of scanning credit card statements that have multiple line items as opposed to just taking screen shots of the bill

by Itemize on 26/10/2016

Hello! Please contact us at [email protected] regarding the inconsistencies as we have not had anyone ever experience this problem before. We would love the opportunity to make sure the product is working as intended for you!

Mike T.
Account representative
Design, 11-50 Employees

"Only one issue"

Comments: When using mileage tracking it would be nice to enter a start odometer reading and save until you finish your trip then reopen and enter finish odometer reading.

Pros: Ease of use

Cons: Explained in review

by Itemize on 26/10/2016

Thanks for the suggestion! We will note it for future development! If you ever have any future suggestions or questions please feel free to reach out to us at [email protected]!