• Overall
    4.6 /5
    4.4 /5
  • Customer Service Software
    4.6 /5

About CHEQROOM

Take full control of your assets with CHEQROOMs easy-to-use, innovative equipment management software.

Learn more about CHEQROOM

Mary L.
Equipment Services Associate
Higher Education Software, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/05/2020

"Great product for tracking loaner equipment"

Comments: I've just started using the program for my workcenter after switching from another program. It took a little getting used to because it was different than my other program but I am enjoying it now. The main point is that I know where my gear is and that is very important!

Pros: This software is easy to use and fairly intuitive. It allows my organization to make checkout and reservation records as well as keep details on all of our loaning gear. I like that it is easy to customize information on your own or with their help. Support is very helpful if needed.

Cons: Nothing at this time. I like the software.

by CHEQROOM on 02/06/2020

Hi Mary,

Thank you so much for your 5 stars review of CHEQROOM! I'll share it with the entire team, it'll make their day :-)

• Reviewed on 28/05/2020
Kevin B.
Media Production, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/06/2020

"My go-to equipment management platform."

Pros: + I tagged all my equipment with asset tags, and that saves me a lot of time.
When I'm in a hurry, I can easily use the mobile app to check all my equipment in or out.
+ I also keep my invoices safe with the related equipment. That way, I never need to search. + Since many people are using our equipment, the flagging feature is crucial in our workflow. We can't afford to have broken equipment on set. This feature prevents us from losing time and motivation.

Cons: - Some things can be fixed with UX/UI. But once you know it it's fine.

by CHEQROOM on 15/06/2020

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for your review. I'm glad that CHEQROOM helps you save time and keeps you and your team motivated.

Cheers! Charlotte

• Reviewed on 02/06/2020
Michelle T.
Deputy Editor, Video
Media Production, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/03/2018

"The website works okay, but the app experience is not great."

Comments: Making my shooters self-sufficient with reservations has been a game changer. It used to take up a huge chunk of my time just managing gear sign-outs, but now Cheqroom gives them the ability to put holds on coveted items and flags potential scheduling conflicts. That's awesome.

Pros: The most useful feature is using the software for gear inventory. Master online list of all equipment with serial numbers that you can sort through by different categories is a huge step up from a shared google document.

Cons: My department shooters mostly use the software to reserve equipment. They can predict gear conflicts prior to their shoot dates and sort it out amongst themselves. But the system to convert these reservations to check outs is sketchy. Often times, items will be held up in progress and won't convert properly. Also, because the app experience is so clunky, my shooters just won't convert their reservations. I usually do it for them, but often I miss them and then I can't retroactively check them out and back in again.

by CHEQROOM on 26/04/2018

Hi Michelle,

Thank you for taking the time to review CHEQROOM, we appreciate it!

Just wanted to let you know that we have a new version (3.5.15) of the mobile app available now, so hopefully your shooters will have a better experience using it!

Feel free to reach out any time you're having questions, we're happy to help and make your experience as great as possible.

All the best - Mathilde

Pouya N.
Film/Broadcast Producer
Religious Institutions
  • Reviewed on 28/03/2017

"Streamlining Asset Management and Self-Checkout"

Comments: Our production studio considered probably over a dozen asset management systems before we chose Cheqroom. Our consensus was that Cheqroom was the only forward moving company that really strived to innovate and take asset management and check-out into the 21st century.
If you're curious about our workflow here it is:
We run a creative studio within a church organization. People who handle our equipment range from creative professionals to departments that need to borrow, let's say a card reader. Each person on our production crew has their own account and they use the app to scan and self-check-out equipment. The departments can drop by anytime while our studio is open and we ring up their items for them under an account made just for their department as a whole. Self-checkout is HUGE and what takes it to the next level is the mobile apps. QRs are annoying once in a while, but great most of the time as they are the best choice for mobile/camera scanning. Barcodes work too but sometimes mobile cameras have a hard time resolving the close lines.
Well those are my thoughts. Cheqroom is has worked well for us and until someone else does something significant on the block, it is pretty much a no-brainer. P.S. Did I mention that one of my favorite features about Cheqroom is assigning photos to an item?? Oh yeah, you just type in or copy and paste the item name and it automatically pulls a few photos from the internet. That's right. Welcome to the 21st century. Cheers.

by CHEQROOM on 07/04/2018

Hey Pouya, Wow! Thanks so much for such a great review! :) Don't forget to check out our new features: automated notifications, reporting and depreciation! And as always, let us know if we can help you with anything else, we're here for you! -- Katalin

• Reviewed on 28/03/2017
Arik D.
Teacher
Education Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/03/2017

"Great product, a bit too expensive"

Comments: This product is exactly what we were looking for. Our high school has cameras and audio recording equipment that students can check out. We had been using just a Google Doc to keep track of it all. But Cheqroom was perfect for us. We labeled each item with a QR code and use a barcode scanner for check-in and check-out. The student aides that run the room have found the software very intuitive and easy to use. We have been able to manage reservations and checkouts far more effectively. The only complaint we have is the price. We have 60 or 70 items in inventory. There is a very reasonable price for 50 items, but the next step up is 250 items for $900 per year. We went ahead and did that, but I don't think we'll be able to justify that again in the future, so we'll have to figure out how to make 50 items work even though we have slightly more than that. If there were more incremental price increases based on the number of items (a 100-item option would be ideal), I would give the product 5 stars for sure!

Pros: Intuitive. Easy to set up and use. Effective inventory tracking. Great reservation making system.

Cons: The pricing scale makes too big of a jump from 50 items to 250 items.

by CHEQROOM on 05/09/2017

Hi Arik,

Thanks for taking the time to review CHEQROOM!

I'm glad to tell you that in the meantime we also have a 100 item plan. Just go to your Account page and change your subscription. Whatever is left on your subscription during the downgrade, will become credit for the future!

Would be great if you could bump us up to the 5-star review afterwards! ;)

David H.
Team Lead
Environmental Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/05/2020

"Great way of keeping equipment in order"

Comments: This is a huge upgrade from Microsoft Outlook and there are still features I have yet to learn. I would highly recommend this product if you have experienced the same issues as me.

Pros: We have 40-50 different pieces of equipment and previously were using the equipment options in Microsoft Outlook; however, this became very sluggish with so much equipment. Cheqroom allows you to store and book out much more equipment and has organized it in a way that is user friendly and easy to see what equipment is available.

Cons: One thing that I do think would be useful to have is the ability to edit previous bookings. My team is notorious for forgetting to check in equipment for sometimes weeks. So if the equipment was only used for a week, on Cheqroom it appears that the equipment is booked out for 2 weeks. It would also be nice to be able to edit the start of the booking as sometime we forget to check the equipment out until days or weeks later. This would be a nice feature.

Hey David,

Thank you for taking the time to write this detailed review of CHEQROOM. Glad to know that the transition from your previous system has made such a difference for you and your team. I understand that it would be useful for you to be able to edit previous bookings... Unfortunately, we don't allow changes that go back in time - for now.

All the best - Charlotte

• Reviewed on 21/05/2020
Leslie H.
PR manager
Public Relations & Communications, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/06/2018

"Easy to setup the workplace, lot of customization option, very friendly customer support."

Comments: Product tracking, and we have no lost demo equipment, scheduling.

Pros: It has an extremely easy to use workplace. If you would like to track demo requirements, this is the best solution for it. It sends e-mail to the contact person about the check-out/check-in, you can schedule the units easily and it picks up the product image from the web. So you can clearly identify it. The mobile application is also easy to use. With the QR code support, we don't need any special hardware on field.

Cons: Right now, they have no domain customization, so the partners gets Cheqroom's e-mail, instead of my organization (can be good, can be not - depending the business). I need some usage right customization/separation, but overall, I can't tell any cons.
Oh, I can. It doesn't supports Brother label printer. We have one from that brand, and it will be easier if I can print the labels directly. But I can live together with this...

by CHEQROOM on 19/06/2018

Hi Leslie, Hope you're doing well and thank you so much for leaving this nice review!

Glad to hear you've been enjoying CHEQROOM so far :) I understand you'd like to see domain customization and it's actually something we'll be working on soon. Feel free to vote on it here: https://trello.com/b/ac4ua5Jn/cheqroom-public-product-roadmap

I'll also put your name next to this request and also next to the one about the user right customization, so you'll get notified when it has been implemented!

Let me know if there's anything else I could help you with. Cheers! Mathilde

• Reviewed on 16/06/2018
Artjoms C.
Sound Designer
Media Production, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/05/2020

"One of the best equipment handling softwares"

Comments: Easy to use and take care of the equipment. Easy to upload lists and images for the equipment. Excellent customer support. Elegant and easy to work with design. Although pricey...

Pros: It is very intuitive to work with and the customer support as well as tutorials and feedback that they do is incredible. You feel that there are real people behind it and you can always reach them when you really need. They even implemented a few features in their app after I asked them if that is possible!

Cons: Not sure, to be honest. Maybe some small things like duplicating assets or changing the names, but overall use is really good.

Hi Archie,

Thanks for your super nice review. It's really nice to hear that you appreciate the work of our customer support team and our tutorials. We enjoy making them as well ;-) By the way: have you checked out our videos lately? Hop on YouTube if you haven't!

We're building CHEQROOM for our customers, so we're always happy to hear how we can improve your experience. Stay tuned for more upcoming features!

Mike L.
Technician
  • Reviewed on 31/03/2018

"Great system for managing our school's equipment needs."

Pros: Ease of use and easy to train new staff on, mobile apps, reporting and inventory management. Quick to add items and audit chain of custody.

Cons: Number of steps required to check out. No auto-complete on mobile. Sometimes buggy and requires reloading. No portal for reservation requests by students.

Hey Mike,

Hope you're well and thanks so much for having taken the time to review CHEQROOM. Happy to hear it's been going well, and I understand you'd like to see auto-complete and a portal for reservation request (approval process). Those features are both on our roadmap so please go ahead and vote for the ones you'd like to see happen first!

If you have any other feature request or thoughts you'd like to share, you can reach out any time! Best - Mathilde

• Reviewed on 31/03/2018
Program Coordinator

"Blown away"

Comments: It's been really great.

Pros: It just works. It's super intuitive. It's quick to use. It's easy. The QR codes are really fast to scan. It has been a game changer for us.

Cons: It's a little pricey. The software doesn't always recognize my label printer. I wish I could pay in some way other than by the item. I wish there was an educational discount.

by CHEQROOM on 07/04/2018

Hey, Thanks so much for such a great review! :) We're glad to offer educational discount. Please drop me an email at [email protected] and I'm happy to set that up for you while also checking your printer issue. Thanks! -- Katalin

Lauren H.
Media Center Director
Education Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/06/2018

"Customer Support was amazing and not pushy about selling to me when I started my free trial."

Comments: I have a streamlined database of equipment available for students to reserve and check out equipment. It is user friendly and very efficient making my job so much easier.

Pros: I love how easy it was to add my equipment to this website. Pictures of the equipment are pulled from a google search to choose from, making it look very professional. And I always know where every piece of equipment is. And the automated emails to students reminding them their equipment is due makes my job so much easier!

Cons: There are a few things that would make it better for my specific needs, but the team at Cheqroom are very receptive in making those changes.

by CHEQROOM on 27/06/2018

Hey Lauren,

Wow! Thanks so much for such a great review.

We're glad that you love your time so far with CHEQROOM, please feel free to let us know how we can help you get the most out of CHEQROOM!

Thanks again for your thoughts, they mean a world to us. Have a lovely day!

Warm wishes,

• Reviewed on 22/06/2018
Brett B.
Asset Manager/Video Editor
Photography, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/04/2018

"The app (both web and mobile) are really easy to use and intuitive!"

Comments: I love that there is finally something that I can use that tracks our equipment. It has allowed us to keep track of gear that not only our shooters use but also those in the company who need to borrow gear.

Pros: I like that there is already a database of the most common A/V products. But if you need to add your own gear that isn't in the database, it's very simple.

Cons: I wish that it were easier to check out a "one time renter." I would like to have a "quick add" option for those people that I don't want in the system.

Hi Brett,

Hope you're doing great and thank you for writing such a nice review about CHEQROOM. we really appreciate it!

If you don't want to add one time renters to your account, perhaps you can just add their names in the reservation title instead of adding them as a contact? Just a thought! :)

Let me know if you have any questions or have more thoughts you'd like to share, I'm here for you! Best - Mathilde

• Reviewed on 02/04/2018
Salinda B.
Lab Manager
Research, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/11/2018

"A great inventory system!"

Pros: Cheqroom provides our lab with the organizational framework necessary to keep up with lots of different types of inventory - drone aircraft, batteries, and all the associated communications and sensors. It's very helpful to be able to assign inventory to different locations, create kits, flag equipment, and create reservations well in advance of our busy field seasons.

Cons: honestly, no complaints thus far. we've only been using the software for less than a year.

by CHEQROOM on 20/05/2019

Hi Salinda,

Thanks (once again) for your lovely feedback. It's been a pleasure working with you so far! :-)

I'm glad CHEQROOM has been able to help you track your entire inventory and has allowed you to schedule projects in advance.

If there's ever anything we can help you with, you know how to reach us.

All the best,
Mathilde

• Reviewed on 06/11/2018
Michael L.
Head of Video
Media Production, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/03/2017

"Great tool for our video-production"

Comments: Cheqroom enables us to keep track on our equipment with minimum effort. It is the tool we were looking for as we do not have somebody who keeps care of all the small and large items we use for recording and producing. Cheqroom makes it possible to have everything organized for two teams with 12 people in each team.

Pros: easy to add new items
easy to check out items

Cons: only available in english

by CHEQROOM on 29/03/2017

Hi Michael,

Thanks for such a great review!

Let us know if there's anything we can do to make the product work even better for you.

Senior Producer
Media Production, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/05/2020

"Solid equipment management system"

Pros: Once you get the hang of Cheqroom, it's easy to navigate and see existing reservations and available gear. There is a ton of functionality hidden within. I appreciate the emailed reminders as well.

Cons: There are a few extra steps to take to book gear that slow down the process and leave some members of our team without a fully-checked-out reservation. Some of the UX could be more user-friendly and takes some getting used to.

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to review CHEQROOM. We're happy to hear that everything is going well for you. If you'd like to know more about more of "hidden functionalities" ;-), hop on one of our weekly webinars (cheqroom.com/webinars) or find us on YouTube as our channel is full of handy videos.

Feel free to get in touch with CS to discuss the slow booking process as I'm sure they'll have some tips for you.

Jasmine K.
Campus Clubs Coordinator
Higher Education Software, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/06/2018

"CHEQROOM has been a massive improvement from our previous equipment management software."

Comments: This software is more flexible and powerful than our previous equipment management software. Those two attributes have made all the difference in buy-in from our users and coworkers.

Pros: The platform is intuitive, mobile-friendly, and packed with powerful admin side tools that help better control our equipment and inventory.

Cons: There are some quirks of the platform that take some getting used to (i.e: navigating to another page after an item search doesn't reset your search screen, as it does in most other programs) but these quirks could also be construed as features for the right user.

by CHEQROOM on 21/06/2018

Hey Jasmine!

Thanks so much for such a great review! Glad that you enjoy your time at CHEQROOM and thanks for sharing your experience about the search screen.

Let us know if there is anything we can help you with, we're here for you.

Cheers!

• Reviewed on 20/06/2018
Kristan S.
  • Reviewed on 21/03/2017

"Bringing some sanity to equipment management"

Comments: Before CHEQROOM we had a significant (sometimes insurmountable) challenge in ensuring that we knew who had what equipment in the field (typically presentation and communications devices and tools). We also had a hard time keeping track of notes and exception information (e.g., this device is over usage limits, or this device seemed squirrely and the batteries might need changing). CHEQROOM has given us a way to have an effective audit trail of who used which devices and allows those of us managing devices to capture additional information that keeps us from putting poorly functioning equipment in the field. Integrations with Zapier also save us time with reminders and follow-ups to return equipment. It's been a tremendous time saver.

Pros: Both mobile and web interfaces

Cons: Working with kits can be a little kludgy at times.

by CHEQROOM on 21/03/2017

Hi Kristan,

Thanks for taking the time to review CHEQROOM. Feedback like this means a lot to us!

Let me know if there's anything specific we can do to make our products help you even more.

Nathan P.
Media director
  • Reviewed on 18/06/2018

"A little confusing at first. But once your rolling it's great."

Pros: Nice layout of software. Great that it will connect to photos of the product as you add to your inventory.

Cons: In selfserve settings you can't see the other booking in calander. Would be awesome if people could change another's on user mode. If something is over due it should come up as a pop up that you select and goes directly to it.

by CHEQROOM on 21/06/2018

Hey Nathan!

Thanks for your review!
Once customizable user role mode is available, we'll notify you, I noted your name with this request!
Feel free to use our automated push notifications to learn about overdue bookings. Hope it can help! Thanks again for your review, we appreciate your thoughts.

Warm wishes,

• Reviewed on 18/06/2018
Amber D.
IT Manager
Staffing & Recruiting, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/03/2021

"OK product - poor customer service"

Comments: Software was minimalist. The service was very spotty since they are based in a different country.

Pros: When it came time to renew, we saw over a 240% increase in price (without notification). Once we decided that we did not want to renew, I was informed that it “is quite a difficult process to obtain our devices/data”.
There is still a likely possibility that they cannot/will not export my data into an excel file meaning I lose everything!
That seems extremely odd and not worth it!

Cons: Unable to obtain data if you decide not to renew.

• Reviewed on 31/03/2021
Seth A.
  • Reviewed on 21/03/2017

"Great solution to a tough problem."

Comments: I manage several hundred thousand dollars worth of equipment for a New Media School. Cheqroom not only helps me keep track of it, but the mobile features and ease of reservations get that gear into my students hands more easily. Also the support is amazing and super responsive. Sometimes problems are fixed within hours. Really great company all around.

by CHEQROOM on 23/03/2017

Hi Seth,

Thank you for an awesome review of our software! Looking forward to serving your and Colorado Mountain College for many years to come. :)

Cheers!

Boyd P.
Director Of Operations
Broadcast Media, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/05/2019

"CheqRoom helps track equipment with minimal effort"

Comments: We are using this software to track video equipment with a group of freelance professionals. It is important to know where the equipment is and not have any double-bookings. Cheqroom has worked well in this regard.

Pros: I have been looking for different asset management software and have found that Cheqroom is really good at getting up and going quickly. It is great at finding asset pictures online so uploading isn't necessary.

Cons: The mobile software is buggy and doesn't seem to work exactly like the desktop version. Most of the freelancers seem to get confused with the assets and not always being able to find them. I generally have them use the Desktop version even though it is sometimes less convenient.

by CHEQROOM on 20/05/2019

Hi Boyd,

Hope you're well and thanks for reviewing CHEQROOM!

I'm happy to hear you've been enjoying it overall, but would like to learn more about your mobile app experience to see how we can improve it. :-)

Hope to talk soon!
Mathilde

• Reviewed on 02/05/2019
Andrew T.
Instructor of Digital Media
Higher Education Software, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/04/2018

"It is the easiest, cleanest way to manage all of our Film equipment, among 100+ students."

Comments: We gained the ability to monitor how our gear is being used. and a fair way to distribute it among all of our students.

Pros: I love the glossy feel. I love knowing where all our expensive gear is at any given moment. I love feeling like I'm in control. I like that I can create kits of gear, and pull items into repairs when needed. I like the calendar view a lot. I like having uniform labels for everything. Customer Service is fast and very helpful. I love that all users have signed a TOA and agree to our legal terms. That helps me as an administrator rest easy.

Cons: I really wish there was a better way to restrict items based on a users skill level. i.e., Someone in a basics class has access to certain camcorders, and other students in an advanced cinematography class have access to our DSLRs. As it is now, we're using locations as a weird work around. I don't like it much at all. it causes as many problems as it solves. If an advanced student wants to reserve lights and a DSLR.. they have to make two reservations, one from the 'advanced' location and the other from our 'basic' location. I really hope they add the feature to restrict gear rentals based on users skill level soon.

by CHEQROOM on 06/04/2018

Hey Andrew, Wow! Thank you so much for such a great review. We like that you are enjoying our app -- stay tuned for the upcoming features! :)
We're working on new access restriction solutions. As always, let us know if you have a new request, we're here for you anytime! -Katalin

• Reviewed on 05/04/2018
Mark C.
Teacher, Station Manager
Education Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/04/2018

"It works wells for us checking equipment in and out at our high school TV station."

Comments: Peace of mind knowing where our equipment is at and who has it.

Pros: Ability to track the equipment and then go back and look at records is a nice feature. Being able to put all of our equipment in and access it easily is also nice. Multiple equipment check outs has bceom easier too.

Cons: Would like to see customizable due dates- when I check someone out right now, I have to change the due date time every single time. Our stuff is always due at the same time the next day, and having to go in and physically change the time something is due is a pain. Would like to set it for 8:30am no matter what day it's due.

by CHEQROOM on 16/04/2018

Hi Mark, thanks so much for taking the time to review CHEQROOM! Glad to hear you like most of our features and the ease of use. I understand that having a set due date would save you some time and I'm sorry we don't have that option available at the moment. I'll put your name next to this request so we will notify you when there's an update! All the best - Mathilde

• Reviewed on 03/04/2018
Ashley M.
Construction, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/06/2020

"Easy to use"

Comments: The team are easy to work with. The implementation process was simple and user friendly.

Pros: The phone application and the barcode reader on are simple to use. Our staff can book out items in batches or groups.
Cheqroom is an easy place to store information for quick and easy access

Cons: Items which require frequent calibration need to have a warranty period entered as a work around solution presently.
If Cheqroom was to add a calibration date feature with reminder it would be great

• Reviewed on 01/06/2020
Kaitlyn B.
Creative Media Manager/Producer
Marketing & Advertising, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/03/2018

"CHEQROOM is a great tool for accountability and knowledge amongst teammates and organizations."

Comments: Aside from fulfilling an audit requirement, we now have a process in place for equipment tracking and management that is working out very well for us. In reflection, we're quite lucky that the auditors saw the need for more accountability and specificity regarding our departmentally purchased gear. We know when to plan for shoots around other team members and their production schedules. We know what gear is available. And we now have an up to date log of the status of our gear, with the ability to flag a particular item when repair, replacement, or cleaning is necessary. CHEQROOM has created a greater sense of accountability, responsibility, and knowledge amongst our team and the broader institution.

Pros: CHEQROOM's scanning software is incredible. When utilizing the scan function for simple check out/check in or equipment it is executed with ease and speed. The log that that then generates on our profile is a great tool for accountability and insight. It's also a great resource for keeping up to date with equipment upkeep, i.e. repairs, replacements, and general cleaning.

Cons: The set-up and functionality is very easy when you're first getting started within CHEQROOM. However, we sometimes have difficulty with the ease of use when manually checking out/reserving items on the desktop. Specifically in compiling the list of items/kits for check out/reservation. The process isn't as intuitive as one would imagine. It appears to be a design issue. With some clarifying of information that is displayed on the screen I imagine this could be remedied fairly easily.

Hey Kaitlyn,

Thank you for reviewing CHEQROOM and glad to hear it has been helping you and your team a lot. We really appreciate your thoughts!

I'd like to learn more about your struggles when manually checking out items and what information could be useful there. Could you perhaps send me a message at [email protected] so we can come up with a solution?

Thanks so much and talk soon! - Mathilde