Deltek Vision Reviews

• Overall
    4.1 /5
    3.6 /5
  • Customer Service Software

About Deltek Vision

Project-based solution for PS firms that combines project accounting, resource management, project mgmt, time/expense and client mgt.

Learn more about Deltek Vision

Maria L.
Business Analyst
Medical Devices, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/03/2021

"Great Product"

Comments: timesheets are easy to comlpete and revviewing colleagues timesheets is super easy.

Pros: Super easy to use and very user friendly. Used daily for creating timesheets that are then submitted to clients.

Cons: Some of the features are quite difficult to understand and are locked for use. Spelling errors are not noticed or redlined when filling in the timesheet.

• Reviewed on 09/03/2021
Jun J.
Accounting Manager
  • Reviewed on 06/09/2019

"Effective but not efficient"

Pros: It's a good tool to keep track of work-in-progress and everyday accounting transactions.

Cons: It's not so user friendly and not so efficient and expensive tool for the same things that can be done with Sage software.

• Reviewed on 06/09/2019
David P.
Chief Financial Officer
Architecture & Planning, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/11/2016

"Twelve Years as a Deltek User"

Comments: In 2004, the professional services firm I worked for was managing a $10M/year business using Quickbooks. It was clunky and problematic, with no real analytic capability (i.e., where and how were we making money). I investigated various solutions, and discovered Deltek Vision. We hired an outside consultant to install and configure Vision for us,and life changed. We suddenly had a true business management solution. As the CFO, I finally had a tool that could give me true insight into the underpinning of our business,and where were profitable (and where we were not). Two years later, at a architectural firm, I inherited Axiom Protrax, practically a DOS-based solution. I quickly tired of operating with a 20-year old platform, and advocated for Vision. Having experienced one implementation,I was not enthused with dropping $60K for an outside party to tell me what to do to configure the system. So, over three months,I single-handedly configured and implemented Vision at a 50-person architectural firm. And it has made all the difference. Vision has continued to grow, through internal development and outside acqusition, and through it all they have maintained a consistent look and feel to the product. Adding functionality without detracting from the user experience. And their customer support has remained top-notch. I love the quick chat. If I just have a quick question, I can go quick chat, and quickly resolve my issues. I love this produce, and it meets the needs of my business.

Pros: The user experience. The ability to customize the interface. The ability to quickly drill down into reports.

Cons: It is such a rich,deep product that some of its functionality remains unused.

Joel N.
Data Analyst
Information Technology & Services, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/06/2019

"Deltek Vision Review"

Comments: It makes planning for business finance simpler. With an amazing interface (dashboard for quick access), you can make plans and generate detailed reports needed for decision-making.

Pros: When it comes to everything accounting, this tool is reliable and effective. You can effectively manage budgeting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, revenue report and financial forecasts. Financial planning requires accuracy and detailed info and therefore, it can be daunting when you are dealing with several projects at a go that require planning. This tool saves you all the trouble and helps you plan accordingly . Secondly, it makes organization pretty simple. You can determine which of your staff are suitable for a particular project based on previous reports detailing their performance on the project. You can also get to the root of issues because everything is pretty much detailed. Businesses have ups and downs from time to time and having a tool that helps you get to the bottom of hindrances is an added advantage. It guarantees you great and reliable insight with features such as payroll, mobile app, expense management and client invoice among others.

Cons: Though it fully covers planning for business in nearly all aspects, I'd really ask that they check out resource planning. Document implementation shouldn't have hitches at all. That also should be checked.

• Reviewed on 10/06/2019
Barbara C.
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/04/2017

"Deltek Vision Review"

Comments: We have used Deltek Vision via the Cloud for two years. My previous firm was not on the cloud and it appeared we had more issues which I believe were related to our IT Department not always updating the software. The seamless updates are great.
I would have like to have more written manuals for the software. When I originally started using Deltek there were general manuals for each module. I found these invaluable.
The features and functionality is above what we need as a small firm. However, as we grow I can see were many of the functions we do not use will become invaluable.
We have had to reach out to customer support for technical issues related to problems with individuals users and each time the technical support has been excellent and our problems solved quickly. We have never had an "outage" or problem accessing the software which is a big plus.
While I would recommend this software to most firms, due to the cost of the software I would suggest smaller or start-up firms explore other options to see if their needs can be met through other software until the business is on solid ground.

• Reviewed on 11/04/2017
Patrick V.
Director of Corporate Inspiration
  • Reviewed on 20/03/2017

"Inter-connectivity is a problem"

Comments: Connecting CRM functions to MS Outlook is a continuous and long-term weakness (for over 10 years). Project planning connectivity to MS project is also very spotty - works sometimes, most of the time - it does not work. Reporting has always been a problem - not enough flexibility. Same for search capability - often fields are not available that are needed for proper selection of records. All of these issues have been raised many time via cases over the years - they never seem to get fixed.

Pros: It has powerful features - the connection between financial data and project planning is a real plus.

Cons: Lack of flexibility and inter-connectivity is a constant frustration.

• Reviewed on 20/03/2017
Cecilia K.
  • Reviewed on 22/03/2017

"My Vision experience"

Comments: this begins our 4th year of Vision use after a conversion from QuickBooks. there is no other software I'm aware of that has the project reporting capabilities that Vision does; sometimes it's a little overwhelming. It would be nice if some of the "standard' reports would be created a little different to become another standard report. On the minus side, our Project Managers have complained that you have to put the same information in too many places; that it would be nice if the same info flowed into all the other of Vision.

Pros: everything is integrated: project, accounting, marketing, leads, conferences

Cons: different elements can be very, very technical

• Reviewed on 22/03/2017
Lynne S.
Vice President Finance & Business Development
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/03/2017

"DELTEK VISION"

Comments: We have found Deltek to be a great software program in many respects for our engineering company. Although there is a huge learning curve to get started it is well worth taking the time to learn the many facets available in making your everyday functioning in the office run smoothly.

Cons: The HELP is very difficult to understand at times ... someone should spend the time to make it 'helpful' and 'understandable'. It is very cumbersome and if you don't have other firms using the software, many times you are stuck for answers. We also think it is VERY costly!!!

• Reviewed on 10/03/2017
Janice S.
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 51-200 Employees

"Happy Controller"

Comments: 5 years on Vision, accounting & payroll modules.
We are moving to outsourced payroll. We have found the payroll module to be cumbersome and not as well supported as the rest of Vision. Simple problems that seem like easy fixes (ex. W-2 forms not lining up for preprinted forms), are not addressed. There seems little interest or support from Deltek, and it would be so nice to be able to have under one umbrella, but as employee reporting requirements (ACA) are increasing, we weren't comfortable to continue with the Payroll module as it exists.

Pros: Reporting, seamlessness between time/billing

Cons: Payroll module
Only available on explorer

Laura H.
Engineer
Civil Engineering, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 14/07/2020

"Easy to Use"

Comments: Great, simple system for time management and recording. Easy to learn in your first week of employment. Also, I benefited from the ability to log in my time from my phone when I forgot to do it from the office.

Pros: I used this application in two of the companies where I worked. It was simple and direct to use, as well as to initially learn.

Cons: Once in a while there would be some problems but accounting handled them in a timely manner. Therefore, I never really experienced any significant negatives.

• Reviewed on 14/07/2020
Patrick B.
Chief Business Officer
Architecture & Planning, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/03/2017

"Seamless transition to the Deltek First in the Cloud"

Comments: Since we moved to the Deltek First in the Cloud, our platform has run smoothly. Reports are running quicker, no more glitches or errors, and the additional functionality is transforming how we do business. As a result, my team has time to perform "value add" rather than maintenance and trouble-shooting.

Pros: Deltek Vision is a full suite of tools to manage our business. I'm very excited about the direction the software is heading (HTML 5)

• Reviewed on 30/03/2017
Jonathan S.
Environmental Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/03/2017

"Great Overall ERP Program"

Comments: Deltek Vision has made major improvements in reporting and its mobile features. Its easier to use for end users and the reporting functions are amazing. The customer support is exceptional and they has not been any down time while using the cloud services.

Pros: All in one package and being more user friendly makes reporting easier for end users.

Cons: Using deltek vision you have to be very specific with reports and with the queries or the information may be wrong. I hope that this issue will be resolved.

• Reviewed on 07/03/2017
Sr. Consultant
  • Reviewed on 09/11/2017

"I have used this software to report time and expenses for many years."

Comments: It captures time and expense data very thoroughly. I like that there is a field for every detail you would need to enter.

Pros: When configured properly this software is very user friendly and intuitive. There are a lot of features that not everyone will need but certainly useful if you take the time to learn it.

Cons: I can't think of anything I don't like about this software. The insert function inserts a new line item below instead of above the line selected but that is just a tiny bit annoying. I'm over it.

• Reviewed on 09/11/2017
Justin H.
Management Consulting, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/08/2017

"Excellent, feature rich, user friendly software"

Comments: Overall it is worth the money, if you are looking for getting control of your project based business this is the product for you. Great reporting capabilities.

Pros: I have used Vision and several different companies and it has been a great experience every time. Very user friendly, they listen to their customers with improvements to functionality.

Cons: IT is not the cheapest software by any measure. It is expensive to buy and the support and customization consulting is expensive.

• Reviewed on 15/08/2017
Jen S.
  • Reviewed on 28/02/2017

"Great software - familiarize yourself with report"

Comments: We have used Deltek Vision for 8 years and have enjoyed many of its features. I gave the fewest amount of stars on the ease of use because I feel like you really have to experiment with the reporting features to see what works for you. Many of the standard reports don't work for our company, but I like that I can customize the reports for what we can use.

Pros: Customized reports, customer service is great.

Cons: Reporting is not user friendly; training is expensive

Stephen S.
CFO
  • Reviewed on 12/12/2019

"Great Product"

Comments: Overall, love it. In the past, had to use an additional program for billing.

Pros: I love this product. The maximization of all of aspects of accounting in one software. The ability to create specific reports is great.

Cons: The customer service is a bit lacking, however it has gotten much better over the last couple of years. The price tag is pretty high too.

• Reviewed on 12/12/2019
Nick C.
Photographer
Architecture & Planning, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/04/2019

"An important tool done well, albeit a little blocky"

Pros: It's software that brings a number of important business tasks into one place and keeps them organised well. For audit sake in a large business, this is a must.

Cons: Without training, it's not user friendly. However with appropriate training, even the smallest amount to be familiarized with the system, it feels more user friendly and manageable to someone less savvy.

• Reviewed on 15/04/2019
Laura L.
Senior Systems Analyst
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/02/2018

"Data and Reporting"

Comments: Can't live without Vision

Pros: Being able to access the database directly to create queries for data QA and reporting. Being able to schedule recurring reports - Vision works for me even when I'm not at work! Accounting and CRM link to each other seamlessly.

Cons: Bittersweet - Vision is being rewritten into Deltek Professional Services. I'll need to relearn, however, the upgrades should be fabulous.

• Reviewed on 21/02/2018
Teqia B.
Office Assistant
  • Reviewed on 14/04/2017

"Worth Every Dollar"

Comments: Once the software is learned it is invaluable. its basically a one stop shop. Your business can run a million times smoother knowing Vision is being used in all aspects to help you keep on top of things.

Pros: all in one, no real need for anything else

Cons: sometimes using online version can run slow and you have to replace certain links. as well as the temp docs can eat up space

• Reviewed on 14/04/2017
Markus W.
Director of Technology
Architecture & Planning, 501-1,000 Employees

"Industry Leader"

Comments: I've used several ERP systems and I believe that Deltek is the best for what we in our industry are tasked with doing on a daily basis. The company has worked hard to keep pace with changes in technology by creating an effective mobile strategy and evolving the product to take advantage of the web/mobile first strategy that has proven effective for so many other software manufacturers.

Pros: reliable, stable, highly refined

Cons: costly at times

Debbie S.
Corporate Secretary
Design, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/03/2017

"Deltek Review"

Comments: I feel the reports are difficult to use. would be nice if they had some pre set up reports that engineering firms could use.

Pros: this software is very comprehensive. It has everything you possibility would need to run an engineering firm.

Cons: Trying to figure out how to set up and run the reports because there are so many options to choose from.

• Reviewed on 14/03/2017
Sawon L.
Accountant
11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/06/2017

"Great product for project management."

Comments: Been using Deltek for over 15 years and it's the best product for any company that is project based.

Pros: Timesheets / Expense reports.
Info Center Designer - you are able to add and personalized.
Downloading majority of items into any version...like Excel.
iAccess

Cons: Reporting - needs more flexibility to combine fields to get customized reporting.
More financial functions needed.

• Reviewed on 15/06/2017
Julie F.
Business Operations
Architecture & Planning, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/03/2017

"Very robust software"

Comments: Deltek Vision is a very robust software . We have just transitioned to the Cloud and find it is very fast and responsive. We have had very few issues with Vision. We have used it for many years for our accounting and time management and are now beginning to use the CRM portion of the software.

Pros: Versatility and compatibility with other software solutions

Cons: Administration is somewhat cumbersome.

• Reviewed on 13/03/2017
Michele E.
Marketing Manager
Management Consulting, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/02/2017

"Expensive but worth it!"

Comments: We've been in Deltek for about 7 years now and have fully integrated our CRM, time and expense, accounting, and info management for projects into the system. It's been difficult, but worth it!

Pros: Incorporates all the important info into one system.

Cons: Expensive, and difficult to get off the ground.

Melissa S.
AR MANAGER
  • Reviewed on 20/04/2017

"AR MANAGER"

Comments: love the software, customer service persons are very knowledgable. Wish the reports were more friendlier and the cash receipts report would offer more narrowed selections.

Pros: Its an all in one software. Your entire business can be run from one software. No need to buy multiple softwares.

Cons: The reports are not very user friendly.

• Reviewed on 20/04/2017