15 years helping Israeli businesses

About MailerLite

Advanced email marketing tools that are easy to use so you can grow your business using newsletters, websites and more.

Learn more about MailerLite

Pros:

The tutorials and ease of use. Being able to use landing pages and not have to use Zapier.

Cons:

It's just a minor thing but can still be a little frustrating.

MailerLite ratings

4.6
4.8
4.6
4.7

9.0/10

MailerLite has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 2,035 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used MailerLite before?

Filter reviews (2,034)

Chasity
Chasity

Easy once you get it

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Overall, I recommend MailerLite, I've not had any issues and it doesn't take forever to set up. It has all the things you need in an email marketing platform.

Pros:

I like that Mailerlite is not expensive. I also like that it allows you to customize fonts in the email. It's easy to build a campaign. It's easy to import contacts and manage. My landing page was easy to build if you want it simple or if you are a template and go type of person.

Cons:

It's not as customizable as I'd like it to be. You can't change text on the actual email, you have to edit in the box to the side. It's confusing until you get used to it.

Rachel
Equestrian Mindset Coach in Canada
E-Learning, Self Employed

Excellent beginner platform for email marketing if you're just starting out

4.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: Overall my experience with Mailerlite has been great, it'd helped me grow my business, learn more about email marketing, and i've used almost all of their tools in some aspect or another to help my subscriber base grow and my sales along with it.

Pros:

I have been using Mailerlite for about 4 years in my business. It's been a phenomenal platform for me to learn about email marketing on. It's quite user-friendly and easy to learn. It offers great features that can serve as double duty for your business such as landing pages that convert leads. I love their automations and use numerous automations in my business. They have been a game changer for my business and allowed me to give a more personal touch to my subscribers as I have multiple welcome email sequences that can slowly introduce my brand and myself and also lead to a soft sale.

Cons:

I do find Mailerlite can be a little glitchy sometimes, especially in their drag and drop email builder, I wish the developers would make it more streamlined. For example the side menu seems to disappear and to add an additional block to my email, I need to duplicate a block and delete the duplicate in order to bring up the menu. They also recently did a major conversion/upgrade from mailerlite classic to their new version and I thought they could've made the transition more seamless and less on their customers to do, as we had to migrate all of our own data. However if you're new to mailerlite that wouldn't pose a problem to you.

7 days ago

Hey Rachel, we'd love to understand this glitch your experience and try to see what we can do on our end about this. In order to do that, we would need some extra details, could you please get in touch with us?

Sara
CEO and Editor in Mexico
Publishing, 2–10 Employees

The worst email management software - it malfunctions causing serious issues. Terrible customer service.

1.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Nothing - the worst email management software I have ever used

Cons:

This is the worst email management software I have ever used. We started with an annual plan in Nov 2023, within the first month we sent a large campaign separated into segments of the audience. The feature to separate the segments and NOT send to others did NOT work, even though the correct boxes were checked. This resulted in some subscribers receiving the email blast up to 3 times. Obviously, this resulted in some subscribers clicking to mark as SPAM - clearly no one wants multiple emails with the same content! MailerLite then blocked our account and said they would not re-open it nor refund ANY money. Having paid about $1500 for the annual subscription, we tried many times to explain what happened, they were not interested. The customer service department is terrible, you cannot actually get through to a person and if they respond on email they are blunt and rude and refuse to refund an annual service that was used for about 1 month and malfunctioned causing this issue.

Teddi
Marketing and Tech Director, Co-Founder in US
Publishing, 11–50 Employees

Quality email newsletter system

Comments: Overall, it's been a good relationship and Mailerlite is a solid product. Sad to see the prices rise beyond our current budget levels, but would return if circumstances change to allow it.

Pros:

Mailerlite has excellent layouts and a good interface for building newsletters. The ability to re-use past layouts as templates saves a lot of time. The scheduling is flexible and reliable. They have some features not available on other email platforms, like RSS Campaigns that send new blog posts to subscribers. The ability to group and segment our audience is also very important. All around, it's a full-featured platform with solid and responsive tech support (for the paid plans).

Cons:

After they launched their new platform and revised their plans, our relatively small list of subscribers (1400) was still too big to qualify for the free plan. And because it was over 1000 subs, we fell into a plan that cost $30/month. We're already paying that much for website hosting, so paying the same amount just to keep in contact with our audience wasn't cost-effective (we don't really "sell" to our list in a way that sustains that level of expense).

Tydie
Founder in US
E-Learning, Self Employed

Easy to Use - Switched from MailChimp

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Love how easy it is to set up email campaigns, track engaged users, and create landing pages. I was really able to customize everything to my business branding.

Cons:

Very few cons. One is the pricing. I think it is very akin to other email management providers, just wish it was cheaper. I wish you could track the origin of clicks to a landing page - that would be fabulous. Instead, I used Milkshake for that.

Publishing, 2–10 Employees

Well priced email automation for beginner email marketing

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: I'm happy with MailerLite experience. I had good support and they reply fast. I had some misunderstandings with them, but the communication about it was done with care.

Pros:

At the moment of signing up the offer was better than competition, pricing is good too. There are all the basic to medium features someone would need to set up automated email campaigns with low cost entrance, that includes hosting and editor for landing pages.

Cons:

Pricing has increased during my time of using it, and new competition appeared with better cost to features ratio, where you don't really pay monthly, but it depends on number of emails sent. So it depends on what type of pricing you need and how many emails you send.

chima
chima
Founder in UK
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2–10 Employees

Cheaper alternative with all the bells and whistles

4.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Once we got in, it's been smooth sailing since

Pros:

Really cheap and efficient when compared to more expensive alternatives, while providing the same features. I love it!

Cons:

It's almost like they don't like money. We had to make a public post on Twitter for them to allow us to sign up. It was ridiculous really

Debra
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed

Mailerlite is perfect for my small business

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Easy to use, reliable and very cost-effective for my small business of one person.

Pros:

Allows a large number of subscribers in the free category.

Cons:

None that are an issue to my business at this point.

Anonymous reviewer

mailerlite mail

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: so far positive experience and clients like it as they can have automation set so not having to keep manually sending out emails

Pros:

can create campaigns and set automation and work flows

Cons:

some aspects need to be looked into to understand and follow

zuberi
Affiliate Marketer in UK
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Great for sending emails to my list

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Overall experience has been great and I would recommend to other businesses partners.

Pros:

I like the ease of use it's easy to use for a beginner the email templates are great too. Emails are always sent on time.

Cons:

Only thing I dislike is the price but I guess you get what you pay for so no cons.

Debbie
owner-teacher in US
Performing Arts, Self Employed

All very good, once I got going

Comments: Overall, I like the company and the platform. It's not as slick as some of the others I've seen, but I believe it's a great value and gets the job done. I like that there are tutorials on just about everything, and customer support is very quick to respond when I have an issue.

Pros:

It truly is a "drag and drop" landing page and website builder! I've worked with other website builders that make it so much more complicated than it needs to be. With MailerLite, I just literally drag a text box from the sidebar and plunk it down wherever I want to on my landing page. It's super easy to move sections up or down, too. It's not 100% customizable, and I've had to adjust my design plans a little here and there. But that's probably a good thing for me, who is easily overwhelmed when I have too many choices. I can spend hours and days on things that just don't matter in the long run if I'm given too many options. MailerLite allows me to customize just enough to make the finished product fit my brand without completely overwhelming me with too many options. Overall, once I figured things out, I found MailerLite to be very easy to use and at an excellent price point!

Cons:

I wish there were more templates to choose from! Most everything can be tweaked and customized to fit my brand but I wish there was a template that was closer to what I was looking for from the get-go. I mentioned in the "pros" section that it's not 100% customizable, and found myself wishing here and there that I could just change this one little thing or move this/that over here/there. But like I said, being a bit more confined in the design options is probably a blessing for me and helped me get my landing pages, website and sales pages designed much quicker.

James
Head of Operations in US
Food & Beverages, 2–10 Employees

Really Solid Software and Customer Service

Comments: Love it. Will be hard to ever leave.

Pros:

Great customizability for emails and very simple to use. It is the most design friendly email service I have used. Also incredible customer service. I accidentally deleted a very important landing page built through mailerlite - I emailed their support and it was restored within an hour. I accidentally deleted ALL of our subscribers - I emailed support again and again they were all restored within a couple hours. Very impressed.

Cons:

I wish video was easier to insert into the emails. I also wish it was easier to segment. ConvertKit maybe a better option for segmenting and targeting.

3 years ago

Hi James, thank you for your lovely and. Fair feedback. I have to say the design on your Bissy Energy page is amazing! - Lay

Mohammed
Field Manager in Ghana
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51–200 Employees

Allows you to automate your way all the way through to your marketing and outreach goals

Comments: My first experience with MailerLite for conducting academic research was a huge miss from the very start, and ended up being quite disappointing because the numbers we were getting were abysmal by all accounts. But as I later found out from subsequent projects I worked on, the problem was not from the system, but from us (the research team). Because we hadn't taken much time to explore the full range of features and how to adapt them to our specific needs, we ended up with a highly defective campaign that was doomed to fail. Ever since then, I have collaborated on over 15 different campaigns with MailerLite, and each of them were a huge success, with outcomes far exceeding our modest expectations.

Pros:

The list management protocols work excellently to create a really clean database of the most useful contacts. Not only does this reduce the overall cost of running our campaigns, it also affects the outcome of our campaign impact assessment results. We no longer get to factor in dead weights in our computations, which used to come up really short and make us feel like we failing woefully. Until MailerLite cleaned it up and gave us true measures of our actual impact.

Cons:

Some of the most advanced embedded tracking features are a bit intrusive and feel like an invasion of the privacy of our clients, even though they do end up providing us with very valuable insights on our campaigns and the market.

3 years ago

Hi Mohammed, thank you for sharing such a detailed experience with us. Should you have any other feedback, you can always mail us at [email protected] - we love to hear from our community.

Mojca
Entrepreneur in Slovenia
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Easy to use

Comments: I use it for myself, for my clients and I teach others how to use it. I really like this tool for campagnes, landing pages, and forms. At this moment I have no need to search for any other tool because I am fully satisfied with Mailerlite.

Pros:

I love how easy is MailerLite to use. You can find everything on Youtube and their academy. The most I like are the analytics and click map. If I consider the results I can improve my work every time.

Cons:

Sometimes it takes too long to save the work. It is a bit slow. I can not think of any other minuses about Mailerlite.

Melanie Latrelle
Melanie Latrelle
Web Designer and Photographer in US
Design, Self Employed

I've been using MailerLite for business for years!!

Comments: I've been using MailerLite for my business for years. It has served all of my email marketing needs and lead generation leads. I've seen other platforms, however I have chosen to stick with MailerLite because it is easy to use and the support is great, and the platform has stayed consistent and serves me well in my business. The free version offers so much for new business owners to get started. MailerLite is a fully comprehensive email marketing platform.

Pros:

Ever since I started my first business, I've been using MailerLite. I did research other competitors, however their platforms were not as easy to use as MailerLite. I love that as a new business owner, I was able to get on a free plan to get started and be able to send out emails and do automations. The platform is easy to use and understand. I love how I can integrate forms into my website for lead generation and for capturing contact information. I use this platform for email automations when people subscribe to my freebie. I also use it for sending beautifully designed emails - there are many customization options. I like using the landing page feature for my freebie offer as well. On my contact page, I've embedded a MailerLite form to capture contact information for my leads. MailerLite makes it easy for me to gather email addresses, send out campaigns, and monitor engagement.

Cons:

I would like more options to customize the embedded forms so that it blends seamlessly into my custom website design.

2 years ago

Thanks a bunch for sharing your experience with us. We're also happy to hear your feedback on how we can improve.

Konstantinos
DevOps Manager in Greece
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

An excellent service.

Comments: Amazing! Not only is it a reliable service overall, but it integrates with most popular platforms, and works very well. To make the experience even better, there is a friendly and knowledgeable support team to assist you quickly and conveniently should you need any questions answered.

Pros:

It is easy to work with, and integrates well with most popular platforms.

Cons:

The fact that there exist some bugs in the back end. Also the fact that due to this being a transitional period, there exist both an old and a new Mailerlite versions, which might create some confusion for daily users, both in terms of UI, and UX.

Temima
Temima
Tech Strategist in Israel
Executive Office, Self Employed

My most-recommended software

Comments: Overall, I am highly satisfied with the product and will continue recommending it.

Pros:

MailerLite makes it so easy to get started with email marketing. They do make you jump through a few hoops to verify your account if you don't have a website, but that contributes to their high deliverability rate.Once your account is approved, you can import your subscribers and send a campaign in less than an hour. And their customer service is top-notch!

Cons:

There are a few advanced features that MailerLite is missing, so if you will be relying heavily on evergreen funnels to fuel your business, I would not recommend MailerLite.

Jade
Arts & Crafts, 2–10 Employees

Inexpensive and easy to get started with!

Comments: I enjoyed Mailerlite, but as the number of subscribers I had grew, I decided to look for a mailing service that was more cost-effective.

Pros:

Mailerlite seems like a great, starting tool for those on the smaller scale who are looking to send mass emails for marketing/business. I like that they have easy-to-use tools and features to get started without needing much instruction or tutorial.

Cons:

The website was occasionally laggy for me and a lot of functions could possibly be condensed into fewer clicks.

Terra
VP Publishing in US
Online Media, 2–10 Employees

I keep coming back because they're that good!

Comments: I first started using Mailerlite for my author business and found it very useful. Then we started using it for our digital media company because the ease of use is wonderful for my whole team.

Pros:

They keep improving their product and making it better and better for my company.

Cons:

In the past, I wanted the automations to be stronger and more skilled with triggers. This has definitely improved over the years.

Sophie
marketing manager in Belgium
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

If you are looking for a tool that just does emailmarkering right, then Mailerlite is it!

Comments: I have onboarded multiple clients to Mailerlite. I feel the tool is easy to use and offers most features one would want when looking for an emailmarketing tool. It is very affordable and has a great customer service.

Pros:

I like the fact that it is very straightforward in its use. In theory you can start using the tool without going trough manuals or guides. I like the fact that they have a chat support. If you do have a question you want to be able to ask it. They are open to suggestions and have a communication line for bugreporting. The drag and drop editor makes it easy to create emails. It is a EU tool so it is in line with GDPR regulation. The price is very affordable and allows any company size to start out with emailmarketing.

Cons:

The tool is a bit let mature then for example Mailchimp. The last couple of months with the launch of the new editor there have been a couple of bugs in the editor and how it was displaying in mailboxes. Support was reachable and they did follow up on those issues. It would be great to have a build in tool to test how the emails look in different mailboxes. Another great tool would be to have a way to test automations more easily.

Abigail
Abigail
Founder in Kenya
Architecture & Planning, 11–50 Employees

Great for creating email newsletters and shareable pdf brochures

Comments: Mailerlite is a Godsent, I think the export to PDF has a lot of potential.
There are over 12 million WhatsApp users in Kenya, most of our clients and prospects, are more willing to connect us via WhatsApp than by email.
The PDF brochures has become one of our biggest marketing assets as we can keep them updated about our projects in a more social way. The fact that the brochures are more shareable is a big bonus.
However, It'll be good to be able to track clicks, which currently can't be done as it's stored as a draft in MailerLite.
I know Mailerlite is an email marketing software but I'd love to be able to monitor the performance of newsletters turned into brochures the same way I can monitor sent campaigns. Even if it's something as simple as having a dashboard for draft campaigns and using Google Analytics to track clicks on it.

Pros:

- I used Mailerlite to create email newsletters (Which any email marketing software can do) but most importantly I used Mialerlite to create sharable pdf brochures showcasing our past/current projects (My client was an Architecture company). These "brochures" are light size wise as the target platform was Whatsapp. The images are clickable linking to the projects on our websites, this way when sent to clients/potential clients on WhatsApp they can know more about us without having to go to our website. - Design Options: I've used MailChimp, Active Campaign, Moosend and pretty much any Email marketing software you can think off, but in terms of design flexibility and templates, Mailerlite has the best design options. My favorite is the "Featured Image" block - Great Customer Support: Mailerlite is meant for creating email newsletters and not pdf brochures so it was a bit tricky working around that especially since the share to social media button wouldn't work since the newsletter I converted into a brochure wasn't technically an email campaign (I.e it wasn't sent to anyone/mailing list) but remained in my dashboard as a draft. I had a chat with them on how to arrange the elements so my brochure was 3 pages max, and how to reduce the size.

Cons:

- My emails kept going to the spam folder which was very bothersome, so I contacted support and I was told I'm not the only one having the same problem and that it's an issue they're working on as they were blacklisted (Or something like that) -As much as I love the featured image element, it renders differently on Outlook desktop app. Instead of appearing as one large image, the images appeared as a grid, with nine images of the same image taking the space instead of one large image. It was a bit disconcerting and there was no way around it.

Eli
Publisher in US
Publishing, Self Employed

Outstanding Product, World Class Customer Service

Comments: Five stars. Seriously, this is the best platform I've ever used. Again, I can't rave enough about the customer service. Whenever I have a question, I don't even bother digging through online forums or google searches. I just hit the chat box, and five minutes later I have my answer (usually accompanied by a meme...I told you these guys have a sense of humor). This level of easy access to customer service makes dealing with my mailing lists EASY, and if you've ever dealt with a convoluted platform like MailChimp, you know what a dream that is. The platform itself is also so easy to navigate and understand. Once I know where I feature or tool is located, I almost never have to ask where to find it again, even if I don't use it for a few months. That's because the platform is user-centric, logical, and clean. MailerLite also seems to invest effort into regularly updating and optimizing the platform so that it stays clean and usable. Add to that the incredible value of the product (MailerLite's prices are some of the best in the business) and you have a real winner.

Pros:

I've used mailing lists as a core of my marketing strategies for various businesses since 2011, and MailerLite is far and away the best. Many mailing list services are built around impossibly complex and counter-intuitive platforms that leave you searching for functions and features every time you need to use them. Not MailerLite. MailerLite is so simple and easy to use, and if you ever have a question, one of their expert customer service reps is only a quick instant message away. These guys are absolute experts. I've literally never had a question they couldn't answer, or find the answer to. They have a sense of humor, too, and I never have to wait very long to talk to one.

Cons:

Early on in my adoption of MailerLite I did have some issues with the software loading slowly, and occasionally not loading at all. I think these were just growing pains, and I've not had any issues for a while now. One feature MailerLite does not have that I really wish they would add is a tagging system. They offer what they call "groups", which are basically buckets to put various subscribers in. I wish there was a way to tag a subscriber with a note like "first time buyer" or whatever, so that I could then segment parts of groups later for more detailed targeting. I use groups more like lists. Most mailing list providers offer lists and tags. MailerLite seems to have merged both of these functions into one, calling them groups. The downside of this is that if you use groups as tags, and you like to use a really detailed tagging system, you end up with an absolute mess of groups, with some subscribers in multiple groups. It's not clean. Other than this, I really have no complaints. I miss tags, but not enough to give up the extreme usability and outstanding value that MailerLite brings over overpriced and convoluted options like MailChimp (yeah, I'm gonna name names).

3 years ago

Hey Eli, you are such a star for giving us such an amazing and thorough review. We love honest feedback and think this is important for users to see. We've been collecting some reviews we love to share on our website, and this just might be one of them! If you are okay to do so, could you reply to my email? We can chat further!

Nicole
Owner & Publisher in US
Writing & Editing, Self Employed

Incredible value for the money

Comments: In addition to its low price relative to its features, what I appreciate most about MailerLite is its customer service. As I mentioned earlier, I have yet to come across a problem that someone on the MailerLite team wasn't able to help me solve. I love that they use screenshots to show me exactly how I can fix a problem. Also, they are FAST. I think the longest I have ever had to wait for an answer to one of my questions is an hour. More often, they respond in ten minutes or less. They are amazing!

Pros:

I use MailerLite for nearly everything related to my small Internet business. I use it to reach my people weekly, to announce new products, to automatically introduce new subscribers to my work, to offer giveaways, to launch new products, and more. I really enjoy that it has so many features--nearly every feature I need, in fact--and is so easy to use. I have yet to have a problem with any aspect of my email marketing that MailerLite has been unable to solve or help me with.

Cons:

Honestly, the only thing I wish MailerLite did that they don't already do is have an evergreen countdown timer. They have a fixed-date countdown timer that I use with my launches, but they don't have an evergreen timer that you can use within automations (that go out any time). I know that feature is under review, but I don't know when or if they have plans to implement it.

2 years ago

Hey Nicole, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us such a great review. We have been indeed reviewing new features, and we are in the midst of exciting new things. Keep an eye out :) I would also love to add your review in our database and use it for future testimonial - feel free to reply and let us know if it's okay, we can then have a chat!

Gitte
Business Owner in Canada
Hospitality, 2–10 Employees

Affordable Email Marketer

Comments: This is a great tool to sell digital products, integrate your Shopify store, offer paid newsletter subscriptions, create blogs, and automate targeted emails!

Pros:

You can use this software for free for up to 1000 subscribers, how amazing! It features a drag-and-drop editor, 10 different landing page options, and different options for signup forms and pop-ups.

Cons:

I use the free service so I can not complain! Everything works perfectly, the analytics could be improved, but again I am on the free version.

Hemal
CEO in Malaysia

Great experience.

Pros:

As a business owner, I searched for the right email marketing solution and tried various platforms. MailerLite turned out to be perfect for me. Creating email campaigns and automations is simple, and setting up email sequences is a breeze.

Cons:

In the free version, the form widget (WordPress), there shouldn't be a watermark either, as it appears larger than the form itself.