15 years helping Israeli businesses

About dotloop

Dotloop is the only complete real estate transaction management software that enables brokers, agents and teams to closes deal faster.

Learn more about dotloop

Pros:

It has useful integrations with digital signatures, and more.

Cons:

I am still learning, but still trying to figure out how to delete a function. RIght now that is the only thing I am struggling with.

dotloop ratings

4.5

9.0/10

dotloop has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 638 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used dotloop before?

Bryan
Bryan
Broker Associate in US
Real Estate, 51–200 Employees

Dotloop is better for the agent than for the person signing.

Comments: Some quirks. Such as if you fill out a contact within the loop, then dotloop will only remember the name and email outside of that loop. If you want that contact to be in your system with all their info, then you need to exit the loop, go to contacts, fill out the date, and press ok once and then when the screen refreshes then press save. If you don't press this twice, you won't save the data. But at least when you do this, then all the data for the contact will save. Why this is so and so convoluted, I have no idea. But it's been like this for almost a decade and I've asked about it.

Pros:

Much easier to use than zipforms and docusign for the agent.

Cons:

Signing for the buyer or seller not near as easy as docusign. There you just press start and it takes you to the next place to sign. Then you click finish. All done. With dotloop the signer must scroll and search for the proper places to sign or fill out. So this is more prone to unfilled documents than with docusign. Also, dotloop doesn't offer the simple date function that fills out the date when it's signed like docusign. You must manually choose a date and if the date is tomorrow when they sign and you filled out today then you have lost time for their termination option because it started when i filled out the date rather than when the customer signed. And because it is hard to get signers to fill out fields, it's almost impossible to get the signer to fill out the date, so it's easier just to guess and fill out the date you think they'll sign.

Bo
Real Estate Agent in US
Real Estate, 11–50 Employees

An invaluable tool to manage documents in a transaction

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: In a word, excellent. It made my office experience truly paperless and enabled me to develop a system to manage documents and monitor transactions with ease.

Pros:

When I joined my current office I was told that they were paperless. I had heard that before in other environments and didn't believe it one bit. With dotloop that statement is absolutely true: I have no folders, no files in my work area other than what I'm currently working on. Everything is uploaded, managed and saved in dotloop in a manner that is more user-friendly than my previous thick folders of loose documents.

Cons:

dotloop does have a learning curve. Depending on your needs and wants, that curve can be gentle or steep. I'm very adept at using software and hardware, so I'm able to use dotloop almost to its max capability. But there are agents in our office who struggle to understand the concept of how to best use the program and even how to navigate it.

Gina

It's Okay....

Comments: I has to use this software while I was on a team. I was happy when I left the team and didn't have to use this any longer. I'm sure it's a good program, just not to my liking. I had to figure out how to use other programs of this type, and this one I just couldn't get it right.

Pros:

dotloop does allow for file sharing, but I found it to be just a little confusing. I just never really got the hang of it. I like other programs much better.

Cons:

To me, dotloop was way too confusing. I don't like this software since I found it not to be very user friendly. I know that other people I have worked with like this software, but I could never quite fully figure it out. Not in my top 10.....

dotloop Response

4 years ago

Hi Gina, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback regarding dotloop. I'm sorry to hear that you did not have the best experience in using our software. I know there's a learning curve whenever people switch to a new product. With that in mind, I'm curious, did you go through any of our on-boarding videos? Thanks, Nick Wright Customer Marketing Manager

Deborah
SALES AGENT in US

SIMPLEST FOR DOCUMENT MANAGEMENT AND ESIGN

Comments: As a new agent I was forced to use dotloop provided by my brokerage. I felt it was burdensome and was never able to adapt. I used the form simplicity program in mls. It has become quite costly, so I decided to give dotloop another chance. Now 9 years later, I have rediscovered this product and am so pleased with the ease of preparing documents, signing and sharing the documents. BEST OF ALL accessing dotloop from my smartphone, which enables me to immediately address issues or last minute details.

Pros:

I love how easy it is to prepare, share and sign all the necessary documents for my sales transactions from my laptop or my smartphone

Cons:

I deal with a lot of elderly sellers who only have one email address. This is a challenge since dotloop requires a separate email for each signor.

Lori
Real Estate Agent in US

Dotloop signature

Pros:

I like the ease of using dotloop for signatures

Cons:

I do not really have any cons for the program

Donald
Broker in US

Dotloop, the better option

Pros:

Dotloop takes the extra step in organizing your documents under different "Loops." This helps you stay on task and creates more organization. Plus, they now sync with the MLS.

Cons:

Sometimes, clients have trouble finding the email to E-sign because it goes to their SPAM folder. So you just have to give your clients the heads up to look there.

Tara

Dotloop is great!

5.0 last month New

Pros:

Dotloop is easy to use and implement in everyday Real Estate needs. Managing forms and transaction history is simple.

Cons:

What I like least about dotloop is that you cannot merge loops if someone else has entered info. Also, sometimes fields will randomly delete when I am entering information.

Crystal
Transaction Coordinator in US

Dotloop Review

4.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Overall, Dotloop is a good experience and easy to use

Pros:

easy to use, able to see the history, user-friendly

Cons:

it will decide to boot you at random times, causing you to have to get a code etc to log in, this is very inconvenient

Korrie
Assistant in US

Always using Dotloop

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

It stores everything I need to for all transactions. I love how it ties to our other applications so i can send everything with a button instead of downloading and uploading documents.

Cons:

I wish you had the option to make different folders on the front screen. Like a 2023 Sold folder, go into it and it has all the loops from 2023

Juan

Why I cancelled my subscription

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: Excellent, fantastic, great for business

Pros:

Everything about s good with this product

Cons:

It doesn’t work with every broker, I just found that out

Ryan

Ryan’s review

Comments: Dotloop provides a huge convenience for clients to be able to sign from their phone or computer anywhere they are. Gone are the days of having to drive across town just to get a signature or initial that may have been missed…not that I ever miss any…lol :0)

Pros:

Dotloop is very widely used in my market so it makes it easy to transact on both sides of the deal with the other agent. I enjoy the features like document splitting and being able to customize the documents

Cons:

Nothing I can think of that I don’t like.

Shaylah
Real Estate Reperesentative in Canada
Real Estate, 201–500 Employees

Easy for Real Estate Clients to Use

Pros:

My clients find this very easy to use from their mobile devices.

Cons:

I started with the trial version. But I wasted some loops on practice and when I went back to erase them and use them for real loops, it made me purchase a full version even though I only had 1 or 2 official loop that had been sent to clients for signing. I wish I could copy and paste text boxes as they are often redundant. I also wish the text boxes weren't so finicky - if you need to edit the text after leaving the box, sometimes you need to actually erase some text before you can retype (maybe just on my computer - MacBook Pro). Also, maybe I am doing it wrong, but it is annoying when a document is mostly signed and then somebody notices a small typo or edit and once i touch it the signatures are all erased. It would be nice if instead of erasing everything, it would pings the signees to ask them to initial the edit and perhaps restricted downloading the document until all edits were acknowledged by all signing parties.

Mary Frances
Real estate sales in US

Spectacular digital signing software

Comments: I use it on a daily basis for residential real estate transactions. We use it for digital signing and contract work. Everyone within a transaction including the buyer, the seller, the listing agent and the buyers agent including all of our administrators have ease-of-use collectively with Dotloop!!

Pros:

The ease of use. The flexibility. Once you learn the software it is super easy and very flexible as you can add documentation via PDF or scanning. It is also very easy to add other users. I highly recommend this software!!!

Cons:

The learning curve is about 1 to 2 months. We do have a specialist on site. I called her the Dotloop queen, and she makes it super easy because the pages are shareable!

Lena
Director of Operations in US

Review

Comments: Overall the experience is great. Easy to use and navigate.

Pros:

I like the ability to see all the documents together when I am in a loop. Very easy to add and edit documents. Shortcuts are my time savers. The links to "how to" video are super helpful and can be shared with other users

Cons:

If the fields overlap by accident, the documents can't be saved. It doesn't provide exact place/ page that has overlapped fields, rather just mentions letter and a number with an error message that that document can't be saved.

Ray
CEO in Canada
Real Estate, 11–50 Employees

An amazing tool and a must have for every office

Pros:

Dot Loop is an easy to use software for project management and for electronic signatures. Griendly, prompt and courteous customer support is always available to assist in any way. It has really simplified routine tasks that would ordinarily take a long time. Besides, having documents available by simply visiting the desired loop is a great convenience.

Cons:

Mostly centered around the real estate industry

Audrey
Real Estate, 2–10 Employees

Thank Goodness For DotLoop!

Comments: Make my life so much easier, organized and I love how I can go back to even closed transactions and pull up an archived file if needed. I love how it tracks my production and transaction history.

Pros:

I love how DotLoop captures all my transactions in one easy to use place. The dashboard on Dotloop is the best thing for real estate since email!

Cons:

The only function I'd I have any issues with is when adding new people to a new transaction. I use the same title company over and over but for what ever reason when I start typing her name it does not pull the rest of her info from my contact list?

Josephine
Director of Sales / Office Manager in US

Useful and Easy to use

Comments: I a trying to find a way to make it a little ore cost efficient since we have so many users already. Its not but I do wish it was a little better for the broker trying to supply the system for its agents.

Pros:

We have been using dotloop for a while after going through many different CRM's and dotlloop is the best one so far. It can be used for digital signature, paperwork filing & compliance records, messaging inter office and with clients, and for tasks. It is a product we use on a daily basis and has been an integral part of our operations.

Cons:

Just like every real estate software it doesnt do everything and that is ok but of course the functions of noot being able to upload picture files is sometimes difficult.

Sharon
REALTOR/Salesperson in US

Real Estate

Comments: Overall experience has been exceptional. The cost/benefit is spot on. Affordable and easy to use.
It is truly the only product that I have been able to use with confidence on my phone. Living on the Lake of the Ozarks, we are out on the water all the time. I could not imagine trying to do my job without this product.

Pros:

I am not very tech savy, and frankly just scared of technology. Dotloop is super easy to use on my laptop and also my phone. I like the fact that all parties get the information at the same time and can sign whenever, it does not have to go in order like some. I also really like the ability to see where things are at with the activity button. Customer service has been amazing. I have never had that over long wait. The reps have always been English speaking and well educated, easy to talk to and understand, and they understand me.

Cons:

I wish I could get the same benefit from the software as a single user, that teams get. I would like to have folders for buyers and sellers that house the same 4 documents that are needed on each. I would also like ability to put old loops into folders.

ilona

DOT LOOP is the best!

Comments: I have found customer service to be exceptional! I always get my answers.

Pros:

This is the most user friendly signing system I have used. I am always so relieved when I find the agent on the other side of the transaction also has DOT LOOP.

Cons:

I do not like that I lose all my contacts and contracts if I switch brokerages. You must rely on the previous broker to allow the transfer of "MY" information. There is a work-around. I paid $10.00 to another service which allowed me to transfer all that information BEFORE my previous broker shut me down.

Monica
Real Estate, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Dotloope Rocks!

Comments: the versatility, I can use it from my laptop, tablet or phone and its user friendly and its great when you need to integrate everyone in the deal. Love and recommend it to all

Pros:

Its easy to use and understand. the versatility, I can use it from my laptop, tablet or phone and its user friendly and its great when you need to integrate everyone in the deal. Love and recommend it to all

Cons:

nothing

Eric
Eric

Good for management

Comments: It’s probably my second favorite in terms of the digital signing experience but my favorite for management features

Pros:

It works very well for document management and transaction management. Universal support with large brokerages

Cons:

Zillow related The signing experience is good but not as good as DocuSign Some features are hidden and not easy to discover

dotloop Response

4 years ago

Hi Eric, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback on dotloop. Best, Nick Wright Customer Marketing Manager

Real Estate, 2–10 Employees

Dotloop saves so much time and money

Comments: Dotloop has saved us so much time and money, and I could not imagine ever having to go back to getting signatures the old fashioned way. In addition, both myself and my boss can access documents from anywhere we have an internet connection, so it has kind of acted as a cloud server for us as well. Overall, I really love this software, it has made my job so much easier.

Pros:

I work as a transaction coordinator for a real estate agent, and Dotloop has revolutionized the way we do business. The best feature of this software is the ability to digitally sign paperwork, which saves us so much time and money. Many times, we go back and forth negotiating a contract, and we need initials and signatures each time we make a change. Rather than having to physically meet up with clients, we are able to acquire signatures quickly and easily via email.

Cons:

Sharing a loop can be confusing. I rarely share my loops with other agents for fear of them having access to and changing things they shouldn't and vice versa.

Ali

Dotloop is a must have for Real Estate Agent/Teams

Comments: Overall all, once you get used to the software it is very effective.

Pros:

Easy to upload documents and edit them to fill in or customize signatures, dates, initials, text boxes, check marks. Easy to share documents as well.

Cons:

Must use one email per person for signature. Other software allow multiple users to sign per email address.

Liz
Sales Secretary in US
Real Estate, 501–1,000 Employees

Dot Loop Usage

Comments: As with a lot of things, I hated it when I started it. Now, I'm good with it. Once you learn it, you'll love it.

Pros:

This is a good program for having everything in one place. You make a loop and add everything to that loop that pertains to the item you are doing. Since I am in real estate, the listing and sales of that listing can go into one loop and you don't need to search anywhere but in that loop for what you need. You add contacts and can get paperwork digitally signed. You don't need to keep paper. Great for paperless files. I can go from listing to closing on a house and have everything right there. Even getting the agent paid. Send what you need to the accounting department and wa-la....it's done. It keeps an activity log for each loop so you can go back and look to see if you missed something or not.

Cons:

The training. I learn new things everyday. Training can't be done in just one sitting. There is so much to learn and you really need a good instructor. Most of it is easy, but still, I would like more training. The support team at the 800 # is great! You can't ask for better support.

Melinda
Managing Director in Thailand
Human Resources (HR) Software, 11–50 Employees

With dotloop - Digital Signature Is Easy

Pros:

I like the many file sharing features and the fact that it is secure It comes with great digital signature features and has been very effective

Cons:

It has served us really well as a digital signature solution. No dislikes