About NetSuite

NetSuite, the world’s #1 cloud ERP, gives you the visibility and control you need to make smart decisions and grow with confidence.

Learn more about NetSuite

Pros:

Netsuite is fairly intuitive for being such a complex system. I also really love the Sandbox capability.

Cons:

We also had some questionable customer service with our initial rep at one point (in regards to scheduling/cancelling appointments on us).

NetSuite ratings

3.8
3.6
4.1
3.7

7.4/10

NetSuite has an overall rating of 4.1 out 5 stars based on 832 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used NetSuite before?

Samuel O.
Samuel O.
Financial Analyst in Kenya
Financial Services Software, 51-200 Employees

My Review for NetSuite

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: Time and expense tracking on projects.

Pros:

I like that NetSuite combines project accounting and CRM tools is one place.

Cons:

I do not have any definite aspect that I dislike about this tool.

6 days ago

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review Samuel! If you haven't already done so, feel free to check out our NetSuite Customer Community. https://community.oracle.com/netsuite

Federico A.
Federico A.
Great ERP for Small and Medium companies in Uruguay
Banking, 2-10 Employees

Great product for a Small / Medium Bussiness

4.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Since I have experience in implementing ERPs, it was fairly easy to implement and train the personnel, after a few months the company runs smoothly and with great KPIs.

Pros:

- It was very standardized and easy to implement in the company once we know what we needed - Specific modules help you focus on the company's needs - Data Management is robust, allowing to have a clean Data Base - Oracle provides an excellent customer service - We didn't need many it specialists to implement the ERP

Cons:

- Price is high - Being standardized not allow for much customization - Sometimes adding another module is difficult because the tools is a little strict - Tool is weak for specialized industries such a manufacturer, warehouse and specialized technical business.

Alternatives Considered: SAP S/4HANA Cloud

Reasons for Choosing NetSuite: We needed better integration and customer support.

Switched From: Odoo

Reasons for Switching to NetSuite: I knew NetSuit which improve my project to succedd

Andy K.
Andy K.
COO in US

Lots of Potential for Large Businesses, but Not a Good Fit for Small Businesses

3.0 2 months ago New

Comments: For small businesses, I would not recommend Netsuite. The licensing is very expensive, and you ideally need a certified Netsuite professional on staff in order to utilize the software to its full potential. The customer service experience was also lacking, but that tends to be ubiquitous across most platforms of this genre. For big businesses that can dedicate staff to the maintenance and configuration of the application, there are endless possibilities, and you are likely to find everything you need all in one software bundle. For everyone else, however, I would suggest a more economical option.

Pros:

Netsuite has seemingly endless business uses and integrations, and can perform a wide variety of tasks from basic accounting to project management. The system itself is very customizable to meet your specific business needs, with a variety of different service add-ons available for and additional fees. When used correctly, Netsuite can potentially be a one-stop shop for all of your primary business functions, and is adjustable to accommodate virtually every user role possible.

Cons:

Netsuite is very expensive, even for its basic feature package. The licensing fees increase each year automatically, and there is little room to negotiate with your account manager. In my experience, customer service has been less than satisfactory, and you are constantly tossed back and forth between departments whenever there is an issue. The customization process for the application is also extremely complex, so if you do not participate in formal training program for the software, you may have a difficult time setting up your desired features.

Alternatives Considered: QuickBooks Online Advanced

Reasons for Switching to NetSuite: We switched from QuickBooks online over to Netsuite to gain access to more services, but then eventually switched back to QuickBooks because Netsuite was too expensive and complex.

Jon F.
Vice President/CFO in US
Wholesale, 11-50 Employees

100% Cloud Based Solution from the start

Comments: Great overall experience with the software. We have found it to be easy to use, its configurable to meet our needs and a solution we can grow with. Overall good value, reasonably low cost feature rich completely cloud based ERP system.

Pros:

Product is completely cloud based and easy to use. Updates to software are automatic and painless. Do not need an IT Staff to support it. We've been using for 8 years and haven't needed any dedicated full-time IT staff. Features are rich and it is highly customizable to meet your company's needs.

Cons:

Owned by Oracle now. Cost keeps increasing.

Alternatives Considered: Openbravo, SYSPRO, Sage Intacct, Epicor for Distribution, Brightpearl and JD Edwards EnterpriseOne

Reasons for Choosing NetSuite: Wanted cloud solution with multi-company and multi-currency capabilities.

Switched From: AccountEdge

Reasons for Switching to NetSuite: 100% cloud based from beginning, most configurable and easy to use.

Gregg C.
VP in US
Sporting Goods, 11-50 Employees

NetSuite was a big leap forward for us.

5.0 last month New

Comments: Once you get comfortable with the navigation and understand the workflows, it's easy to use. I'll give credit to NetSuite/Oracle for the help forum. Needed to add some functionality to the purchasing process (tracking whether POs have been acknowledged by the vendor, so I can follow up if not). Had a vague idea how to do it, but posted on the forum. One day later a NetSuite guru had posted a step-by-step process that 100% nailed it.

Pros:

It's a web-based ERP, so it does basically anything you ask it to (or are will to pay for it to do). Once you get the hang of it, it's an awesome tool for ordering, receiving, production planning, accounting, etc. Customizable dashboard puts the right info in front of me.

Cons:

1. It's web-based, but it's slowwwwwwww. Far and away the slowest software I use on my desktop (Mac). Sign in on the iPad Pro? It'll add an hour to my day waiting for page loads. 2. Everything costs extra. We currently pay for a third-party software to connect our Shopify store to NetSuite. Heard there was now a native NetSuite-Shopify connection. Tried to connect - turns out, you've got to pay for that too. Don't get me wrong - it's powerful stuff, but anything that's not part of the basic package is going to cost you. Negotiate!

4 weeks ago

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review Gregg! If you haven't already done so, feel free to check out our NetSuite Customer Community. https://community.oracle.com/netsuite.

Einat E.
Sypply chain manager in Israel
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 Employees

ERP system to be considered before implementation

Comments: This software has pros and cons. overall - Need to be considered thoroughly before being picked.
basically it's much more finance oriented than logistics oriented

Pros:

Flexible in editing and correcting mistakes.

Cons:

Very slow. We're experiencing a of performance issues that, according to NetSuite cannot be solved which is a major issue for an organization

Alternatives Considered: Priority Software and SAP Concur

Reasons for Switching to NetSuite: It was described as a cutting edge software, very intuitive.

CFO in US

Stay away from Payroll/HRIS

Comments: Good for ERP. TERRIBLE for payroll/HRIS. They stick to "gotcha" contracts and don't bend a penny once they have you signed up even if you don't use their system because it is terrible.

Pros:

Their ERP is good. Payroll/HRIS is TERRIBLE.

Cons:

Payroll/HRIS and customer service. That product is basically vaporware. Payroll/HRIS system is a HUGE downgrade and isn't even truly integrated with the ERP system. It can't handle basic functionality like connecting to health benefits or 401k. It also has absolutely no ability to automate your team's onboarding process. Massive step away from overall automation. They won't even let us out of the contract despite the fact that we never went live and won't ever use the payroll/HRIS product. Total "gotcha" contract for complete vaporware

Instructional Technology Specialist in US
Information Technology & Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Extremely Customizable and Powerful ERP

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: I feel NetSuite the industry standard. However when considering purchasing NetSuite, remember that it's not easy to pick up and run with it. It takes some time to learn how to operate the system and customize it to be optimal for your business.

Pros:

I love the dashboard view. When I don't have a ton of time, I love the real time updates I see on the dashboard. Detailing reporting is also helpful. The customer service is top notch.

Cons:

I would love to have set automatic notification when tasks are completed.

Senior Finance Associate in US
Insurance Software, 51-200 Employees

Great Choice for Smaller Companies

5.0 last week New

Pros:

The UI is great for an ERP. The reporting and search capabilities are great and allow for customized views that satisfy Accounting and F&A needs.

Cons:

From an FP&A perspective, there isn't any area where NetSuite falls terribly short. Sometimes the process flows within the interface can be heavy (a lot of clicking) but compared to my prior experience with SAP HANA it is still lightyears ahead.

6 days ago

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review! If you haven't already done so, feel free to check out our NetSuite Customer Community. https://community.oracle.com/netsuite

Steve G.
Controller in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees

Ready to move on

3.0 last month New

Comments: I used to be a big promoter of NetSuite for organizations of a similar size. We have been with NetSuite for 14 years and thought we would have been a valued client at this point. However, those days are clearly in the past. Your account manager changes every six months so you have to repeat your pain points over and over with no resolution. The price keeps going up and up, with minimal to no use for their "enhancements". I am ready to migrate away.

Pros:

It is very customizable. Building reports or searches is easy. It makes the analysis part of my job very easy.

Cons:

It has become very expensive without adding functionality that saves us time.

Amira D.
Site Architect in Jordan
Construction, 1,001-5,000 Employees

The best multi-functional and customizable ERP system in the cloud

Comments: Our use of NetSuite has eliminated the need for a lot of maintenance and support for our systems, as it is available in the cloud, and connects all enterprise networks to it, which helps us to constantly work remotely under all circumstances. Through NetSuite, we have been able to build an integrated system that includes all our data, which helps us to evaluate resources and know the efficiency of operations, as the automation that we obtained through NetSuite contributed to enhancing our ability to make the right decisions.

Pros:

My favorite feature of NetSuite is its capacity to report on a wide range of enterprise processes and operations, as well as its ability to be scalable. When it comes to working with NetSuite, team members will find the user interface simple and easy to understand. With NetSuite, we are able to save data and transactions quickly and easily, and it is also very adaptable and scalable to meet our needs. I appreciate the aid in building new workflows to improve system processes and procedures for the entire business, and I really enjoy the customization options and shortcuts that make it easier for me and my team to get things done. A cloud-hosted ERP system simplifies maintenance and support, and it helps to automate business operations and the application of business logic, which saves a lot of time and money and works to sustain distant tasks because of its outstanding organizational abilities.

Cons:

NetSuite is one of the best resource planning tools ever, but like the rest of the Oracle tools, the user needs several training sessions to be able to use it in an optimal way, in addition to that, the subscription prices are high, which limits the ability of small groups to benefit from its services.

Emily D.
Vice President in US
Retail, 51-200 Employees

Powerful ERP software

Comments: This software has helped our business tremendously with efficiency and analysis. We've used this software for 8 years and we are still learning & implementing new features. Tt's a very robust system.

Pros:

All in one database that meets the needs of many size businesses. Allows for extensive customizations and scripting. Integrates with many 3rd party systems.

Cons:

Net Suite has become a very large company with many different departments. It has lost that start up and cutting edge technology vibe. Getting quick and effective support can be hard due to the many layers of project managers, account managers, and departments. A cloud based UI can be slow at times.

Alternatives Considered: Sage Intacct and Dynamics 365

Reasons for Choosing NetSuite: Our volume of transactions and products exceeded QuickBooks capacity.

Switched From: QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Reasons for Switching to NetSuite: Not a legacy system . . better technology and capabilities.

Will R.
Director of IT in US
Retail, 201-500 Employees

complete ERP product for inventory, financials, and sales

Comments: Overall the experience has been very positive. Our business is growing very quickly and NetSuite has allowed us to manage that growth and has scaled accordingly. We are in our second 5 year term with NetSuite as our ERP software provider.

Pros:

I like how customizable NetSuite is. It's not great at any one thing, but really good a bunch of stuff. Whatever you need to tailor to your needs is possible.

Cons:

The timeline for implementation. Supposedly they've improved on getting new customers live in a quicker fashion, but for my organization it took over 2 years.

Alternatives Considered: STORIS and ReliaSale

Reasons for Choosing NetSuite: outdated, not scalable, not customizable.

Switched From: Tylernet

Reasons for Switching to NetSuite: pricing, customization, and future-proof.

Vadim S.
eCommerce Director in US
Machinery, 2-10 Employees

Great eCommerce system highly integrated with backend ERP and CRM

Comments: We were able to grow and scale our business up to improve our internal processes. Ability to convert support Cases into Quotes and then in turn convert those Quotes into Orders was huge for us. It allows to track the conversion of our quotes into orders. Provide better response times and organize our quoting and order entry processes. Improved SEO tools for online store.

Pros:

Great deal of features. Ability to customize your system to accommodate practically any type of business process. Seamless Integration between eCommerce, CRM and ERP systems, all-in-one data storage. Easy to integrate with third party NetSuite modules for variety of ecommerce channels - Amazon, etc. Security. Cloud Computing Model.

Cons:

Suite Commerce Advanced vs NetSuite version compatibility. Once you selected certain SCA implementation of the online store and once you invested into modifications of this particular version you are locked in this version. It doesnt have the same software update cycle as NetSuite ERP and CRM. That results in two disadvantages - first, the web store becomes eventually outdated and second, with each upgrade of the NetSuite we have to go through extensive testing to make sure that compatibility between New Back End ERP and CRM and Old Online Store has not been broken.

Alternatives Considered: WooCommerce, ShipperHQ, Volusion, BigCommerce and Shopify

Reasons for Choosing NetSuite: Our homegrown platform didn't have CRM module, the web store functionality was outdated and platform it was running on was outdated as well.

Reasons for Switching to NetSuite: All-In-One - ERP, CRM and eCommerce platform. Ability to modify flows to suit internal business processes specific to our Industry.

Mark W.
Senior Finance & Strategy Analyst in US
Renewables & Environment, 51-200 Employees

NetSuite Review

Comments: NetSuite has served as well as a full-feature ERP system. We can manage many aspects of our business all in one system including managing projects, recording timesheets, order-to-cash, procure-to-pay, internal case support, CRM, and more. I feel that NetSuite is much easier to learn and more intuitive than other systems, but it still requires time to set the system up for a company's individual needs. NetSuite is set up for wide-ranging customizations, but in many cases these customizations are necessary to get the full benefit of the program. Our time investments in NetSuite have paid off, but the program definitely requires a lot of love to adapt to the changing needs of the business.

Pros:

I really like the user-friendly appearance of NetSuite, especially compared to other older systems. I think the appearance makes NetSuite inviting and accessible. In general, the program is easy to learn, and NetSuite does multiple updates every year to add to the features.

Cons:

There are times where it feels like features are inexplicably absent from NetSuite. Users have the ability to submit enhancement requests, but it can take years before these are implemented. Additionally, tech support can be hit and miss on providing effective solutions to problems.

Mariana V.
Assistant Controller in US
Biotechnology, 11-50 Employees

Pros and Cons - Don't fall for their sale pitch

Comments: - The implementation has been extremely frustrating and disappointing. The sales team pushes for a sale that does not include all the client's needs, resulting in the need for change orders which causes delays. -The implementation team is friendly and proactive but inexperienced/ with little supervision - I can tell they are working hard to find solutions for me, but they seem to be scrambling to figure things out without proper help/ and experienced person in the team. - They have a tendency to promise things they are not able to deliver - for example, they sold me a 3-way match solution that they were not able to deliver it. Their excuse is that it wasn't working because of the partial receipt feature we need. Still, to me it is a very serious issue if they are selling things they can't deliver. - Lastly, as it relates to reviews that you can't customize NetSuites, the truth is, you might be able to, but it will most likely be out of your scope. Although the change order may not be extremely pricey, the delays on the project may be extensive. And I'm not talking about 'unique customization' - I would think blanket POs/ partial receipts, 3-way match would be included in the original sales of a client that made extremely clear that the Procure to Pay module was the most important module to them.

Pros:

- The software allows for some visual customization of the home page based on each role that is easy to do without the help of a programmer. For example, customize the views for each roles, set up alerts, etc. - The search bar within the software works extremely well, which makes it easier to navigate; - The use of the software is intuitive and easy to follow/ learn; - The SuiteAnswers articles are very helpful in answering questions/ showing how to do anything one may need in the system.

Cons:

Before selecting this software, I read several reviews saying the biggest issue was the how difficult it was to customize the software. Here are some actual examples: 1. If you want a new field (which they call segment) to be tracked for reporting purposes, you need to create a costume segment, which wont be part of the basic product the sales team sells to you. Also, just found out that it can not created as a mandatory field. 2. All NetSuite modules are standard/ out of the box. Even though we emphasized that Procure to Pay was the absolutely most important module to us, the sales team pushed the basic procure to pay module, which did not include Blanket POs or 3-way match. The thing is the sales team pushes the basic solutions to close the sale, but then later you are stuck having to process change orders, which although are not very expensive, each take about 2 weeks to process, delaying the project. 3. After delaying our project to include 3-way match and blanket POs (2-week delay), the implementation issues begun. It turns out that the 3-way match that they sold to us does NOT work. What the system was able to do is a 2-way match. Also, the system does not allow for an approval flow for releases of blanked POs. Lastly, the costume segment can not be a mandatory field as it doesn't work on blanket PO releases. In Summary - The sales team will push their most simple out of the box version, upgrades result in delays.

Alternatives Considered: Dynamics 365

Reasons for Choosing NetSuite: To support growth of the Company.

Switched From: QuickBooks Desktop Pro

Reasons for Switching to NetSuite: - Price - Timing to complete implementation - visual layout of software

Arthur H.
Accounting Manager in US
Wholesale, 2-10 Employees

Extremely robust and customizable, yet archaic, poor interface, and too expensive.

Pros:

The ability to customize just about anything your organization wants is rewarding. And if you are willing to spend, you can have your system fit your business processes like a glove. Integration apps, along with native functionality of workflows can put your business in a “semi-autopilot mode.” Practically limitless reporting capabilities. You can manage almost every aspect of the your organization while enforcing internal controls and monitoring employees with full visibility. I would recommend for enterprises with no less than 8M in sales and with at least 8 or more users to leverage the full functionality of this role-based system. Netsuite is built to fit the needs of each role within your organization, from the sales rep and warehouse manager to the A/R clerk and controller.

Cons:

Nasty corporate culture. No accountability for system issues, error, or outages. Sneaky contracts that will hook you with discounts and raise fees exorbitantly after your are stuck with your data and huge conversion costs. Nightmarish implementation that Netsuite outsources to foreign “professional” services that know pretty much the same as you would do from the get go. They barely speak English—incorrect setup caused us much lost revenues and frustrated, burned-out employees. Never believe Netsuite reps who say implementation can be done in 3 months. Be prepared to spend a hundreds of hours to understand the software - it is not always intuitive. Plan comprehensive employee training. You will most likelly need a full time administrator to support users due to the high learning curve. As a retail and distribution company that grew out of Quick Books Desktop, Netsuite was apparently the the next solution. Although I still believe the software has much to offer, user interface is about 10 years behind time. My dream is that super user-friendly QuickBooks Online launches an Enterprise version one day.

Alternatives Considered: Oracle Fusion Cloud ERP, Sage Intacct and SAP Business One

Reasons for Choosing NetSuite: Inventory reporting and functionality. The desire to have all data in one system.

Reasons for Switching to NetSuite: Netsuite was apparently a more established solution with a wide portifolio of integrations available. Pricing was in the lower range when compared to SAP or Dynamics 365. However, the costs are way above the initial quote. Be expected for sharp increases and relevant costs related to implementation, integration, and development. Definitely not for a small business with budgetary constraints.

Efrain G.
Logistics Engineer in US
Retail, 51-200 Employees

Powerful ERP

Comments: It is a very powerful ERP, especially its purchasing and inventory management modules and make work much easier and efficient. It allows you to connect in any device in any network. Overall I've had a great experience with NetSuite and I wish more companies used it.

Pros:

The most important reason why we switched to NetSuite is that it allows you to access in any computer, anywhere, without having to be connected to the organization's network. This allows you to get work done at home, when needed. It has a lot of logistics modules based on your needs, like financials, human resources, manufacturing management, inventory, management, sales, management and purchasing management, among others. For my particular area of work, inventory management is great and is better than its competitors

Cons:

Modules are restricted to different areas within the organization but sometimes you need a function or tool from a module you don't have access to. In this case, you have to contact the administrator and ask for permission, making the process a bit tedious. Reports' designs could be slightly better and allow more customization.

Adeoye A.
CFO in US
Government Administration, 51-200 Employees

Great Cloud Based System

Comments: It just made everything faster and more efficient. Purchase Orders, Invoices, reports could all be done electronically and without much effort. There was a system log to hold people accountable. Anything late, altered, changed, etc could be seen and noted(date, person, and time down to the second). Departments no longer had to wait for a meeting to know their budgets. They could log in and see the numbers in real time. The customer service team always responded fast and helped me with the problems I had. We could also store invoices and check copies onto their secured server. So basically this helped the office become more efficient while going green.

Pros:

That it is cloud based. This helped me solve a lot of problems when I was not physically in my office. If I was sick, on vacation, or away from the office at night I could still answer questions. I didn't need to drive in and log into the software that was on the company server.

Cons:

There is a lot to the system. While it can most likely do everything you need it to, there is also a learning curb that comes with it. Some of it can be self taught, while others can be covered via a youtube video. For other issues you need help on you would need to contact the customer service team. So basically the thing I liked least was that there is so much that sometimes it is hard to find what you need.

Alternatives Considered: Sage Business Cloud Accounting

Reasons for Choosing NetSuite: The old system was outdated and could not longer provide us with the things we needed.

Reasons for Switching to NetSuite: In Netsuite's pitch they just had more to offer. They met with us in person, showed us the product, and just made a better connection.

Eric L.
Director Of Sales in US
Wholesale, 11-50 Employees

A future proof platform for your business

Comments: It’s hands down the best platform on the market for distributors. With Amazon’s impact on B2B eCommerce distributors are looking for new eCommerce avenues and NetSuite seamlessly provides this as a part of the solution.

Pros:

Throughout my career I have worked with a lot of enterprise software platforms. The thing I like most about NetSuite is the ease of administration/maintenance and flexibility. It is an ERP, CRM, eCommerce and Business process development platform in one. Users are hard-pressed to find a business case they can’t be custom developed a NetSuite with ease well writing through future software upgrades without headaches. This is extremely rare in enterprise software platforms. NetSuite is a future-proof platform for your business, you can’t outgrow it, you won’t have to worry about upgrades ever again, not to mention you will only have one system to run your entire business. You can’t find that any where else!

Cons:

The user interface has been somewhat outdated, but this is common in enterprise software and NetSuite is making huge strides to improve the GUI. Also the ability to slice and dice data on dashboards is a welcome feature coming in the next few releases.

Alternatives Considered: Dynamics 365

Reasons for Choosing NetSuite: Everything in one system + eCommerce

Switched From: Epicor for Distribution

Reasons for Switching to NetSuite: The roadmap and enhanced distribution flexibility plus eCommerce

Senior Revenue Accountant in US

NetSuite - Great ERP for mid-size/private companies

Comments: NetSuite is great overall. We have reliable numbers and the ability to create a search or report to facilitate data analysis. We have been able to automate a lot of processes (expenses, amortization, sales tax) and the interface is generally user-friendly.

Pros:

NetSuite is scalable. I've used NetSuite at a company that was doing $200M+ in revenue and a company that is at $60M in revenue. I also really enjoy that NetSuite can be almost completely customized to your industry and business. NetSuite provides for a lot of automation of processes that Quickbooks cannot handle. It is also a better source of record-keeping as everything is somewhat seamlessly connected. The batch upload of journal entries/transactions and upload in general is extremely useful and saves so much time. My previous company used the Fixed Asset Module which was great for record keeping and for systematically recording amortization on a monthly basis. This was also extremely useful to ensure that our policy was uploaded as the amortization rule set, reducing errors in the amount of amortization per asset. The ability to report on the total assets and have their history in one spot proved useful for our audit. Currently, we are implementing rules for 606 and the multi-book and ARM add-ons have proven very useful for our reporting purposes. I really enjoy NetSuite's use of rules for transactions as they can vary from company to company and item sku to item sku. I love the saved search function too! So much flexibility for creating reports helps us create reports for month-end reconciliation purposes.

Cons:

SuiteAnswers has a terrible algorithm for their search bar. The system is also not as intuitive as others since the actual home screen itself is customized by role. We have also run into the need for an consultant/more technical administrator to provide working scripts for some of our reporting. People with NetSuite should not expect the system to do everything perfectly, sadly the call center is far less helpful than the US-based consultants at NetSuite. However, you can always escalate to your sales rep. Our solution is hosted and at times runs slower than I would prefer. I wonder if there is a way to increase the speed at which we can click through multiple cells or post a large amount of journal entries.

Netsuite Project Manager in US

After you climb a steep learning curve, NetSuite is incredibly powerful.

Comments: We were able to have a single source of truth for our customer, vendor lists, for inventory, and for financials. Once our system was implemented, gaps analyzed and filled, and users trained, NetSuite has been an effective platform for our business.

Pros:

NetSuite is an extremely powerful and inclusive package of applications that are extremely well-integrated. For SMBs who've outgrown Quickbooks or other "smaller" accounting packages, it's a major improvement. For manufacturing concerns looking to gain more traction and control over their processes, it is far beyond what lower-priced ERP systems provide. Again, it us a major improvement. NetSuite is extremely extensible through external interfaces, 3rd party add-ons, internal scripting and through customizations. Implemented correctly, it is relatively fast, and with its browser-based interface, there are no client issues and never any need for IT to upgrade a client version on every workstation because a new feature-set has been implemented. It's CRM is adequate, useful, and given NetSuite's signature internal integration, it is easy to implement an effective lead-to-cash system. The ecosystem also has multiple vendors who sell integration services, for example, there are a number of SalesForce to Netsuite integration partners who can (relatively) quickly connect the two systems. On the backside, the same is true of many popular shipping, warehouse management and other packages. Or, you can roll your own JSON connectivity.

Cons:

NetSuite is not easily deployed, and requires expertise to get things mostly right the first time. They address this in their ecosystem by encouraging customers to work with NetSuite partners -- VAR firms that have undergone certifications -- to deploy the system. There is a steep learning curve, even for system analysts familiar with other ERP, CRM and web commerce platforms. There is a saying in the NetSuite community that is very true: "you can do anything with NetSuite, but it is going to cost you." Those costs may be development hours for internal developers, fees paid to partners, license costs for addons and integrations, etc. etc. Count on it with any major NS effort. NetSuite is usually quite reliable, but it can and will "get slow" from time to time, and there are infrequent outages that can last a few minutes to an hour or more. These never come at a good time (is there ever a good time?) and getting information regarding status of repairs can be frustrating. Free advice: vett your NetSuite partner carefully, and make sure that they can and will provide effective ongoing support. Some firms are better than others at this, and it is a good question to ask references before you hire anyone. Plan on your implementation taking longer than you expect. This is true with most ERP implementations, NetSuite included. Support from the company itself can be an exercise in frustration, but persistence and insistence can really help.

Cody M.
Controller in US
Online Media, 51-200 Employees

#1 ERP After Evaluating Many

Comments: Very positive, I personally hope to only use NetSuite going forward, as the new releases continue to iterate on features and gets better each year.

Pros:

I have implemented NetSuite at 2 companies, as well as participated in a redesign. In all cases, the ability to customize to unique business needs, far beyond something like Quickbooks or Microsoft Dynamics, is fantastic. I especially like the ability to connect nearly any software to NetSuite via bundles and APIs. We have integrated most of our softwares such as ADP, Salesforce, Databricks, etc. into NetSuite to form a tight web.

Cons:

NetSuite is not particularly intuitive for first-time users, and I have seen many companies implement it incorrectly due to just not understanding what to do. Because it is so highly customizable, this can be a downside for companies that become fatigued by too many decisions and possibilities. A company desiring a complete out-of-the-box ERP may be better served elsewhere.

Joy G.
Joy G.
Purchasing & Inventory in US
Apparel & Fashion, 11-50 Employees

Powerful program with quirks

Comments: Before NetSuite, we were split between separate programs, NetSuite allowed us to do all business in one program - customer service, order processing, inventory, purchasing, shipping, accounting. It is able to integrate with many other programs, allowing for (mostly) seamless order sync'ing and live inventory levels. Essential with a company selling wholesale, retail and a direct to consumer website.

Pros:

- great reporting and searching tools - combines all company needs - customer records, transactions, accounting, inventory - easy to integrate with most major programs - highly customize-able - easy to assign "roles" to employees to only access what they need in their positions - mostly easy to use and informative help section

Cons:

- searching and reporting can be tricky with label names differing - expensive to start, maintain and update - quirks that shouldn't be an issue - like applying credit memos to sales orders

Eduardo P.
Eduardo P.
Field Marketing Specialist in US
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 5,001-10,000 Employees

An extensive system that needs to be onboarded correctly

Comments: NetSuite's user accounts and permissions make it easy to keep track of who has access to which information. When we look at a transaction's history, we can see the dates and usernames of the persons who made changes to it. When a transaction is made available for usage in the real world, the number of persons who must authorize it can be reduced. This is an excellent training aid. These measures have slashed our time and effort significantly.

Pros:

NetSuite, a flexible and extensible platform, can meet the ERP needs of most businesses. It's an intriguing ecosystem in which multiple vendors perform some of the functions of NetSuite while being supported by NetSuite. Using the extensions provided, we were able to build a platform that works well for our organization. There is a wealth of information available for people of all skill levels. Directly from the corporation, I've seen some of the best help resources I've ever seen. The application is simple to use and has a multitude of personalization options. Several improvements to the reporting capabilities have been made to make the Workbooks section more accessible to non-technical users.

Cons:

NetSuite isn't the easiest program to use, but it isn't the most complex either if you want to use it. A big overhaul is needed in the presentation of data in reports, which appear and feel dated. Finally, NetSuite is a pain to use because of its clunky interface and shoddy design. NetSuite users should seek out other NetSuite users and learn from their experiences to avoid making the same mistakes.