15 years helping Israeli businesses

About ActivTrak

ActivTrak helps organizations make data-driven decisions that optimize workforce investments.

Learn more about ActivTrak

Pros:

Software was easy to use and adapt to. I have not integrated it with other apps.

Cons:

The interface can be a bit of a maze. Multiple ways of getting to the same page and at the same time sometimes hard to get back to where you have been before.

ActivTrak ratings

4.5
4.5
4.4
4.4

8.7/10

ActivTrak has an overall rating of 4.6 out 5 stars based on 549 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used ActivTrak before?

Owner in Greece
Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

My opinion

Comments: I'm very happy, never run in any error and the agent program is constantly updated

Pros:

ActivTrak is a powerful tool for businesses. You can watch live the efficiency of every employee, if and were their are wasting their time on internet and very discreet. You have all the data in a simple web page with a lot of option and statistics for every user.

Cons:

The first time you login in the dashboard, its a little weird and you need some time to find everything, how to activate account and change the settings. The installation while is very fast and easy, sometimes is blocked from antivirus programs

Nathan
IT Manager in US
Defense & Space, 11–50 Employees

ActivTrak - Excellent software to aid in compliance and InsiderThreat

Comments: So far, we've been thoroughly pleased with the software.

Pros:

ActivTrak gave us further insight as to what our staff really does throughout the day, applications they run, and aid with compliance.

Cons:

Categorizing sites and applications takes a bit, but I don't see another way around it.

joel
COO in Philippines
Retail, 11–50 Employees

How to monitor activity and productvity of your team

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Activtrak is very easy to deploy. Very intuitive ui. Clean and simple design. Search function is very

Cons:

The price is a little bit high after they chnaged the pricing tiers a few years ago.

Brent
Owner in US
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

MINIMUIM USERS AND ANNUAL AGREEMENT REQUIRED - GO SOMEWHERE ELSE

1.0 last month New

Comments: Could not test all features during demo. They require a one year paid up front commitment and 5 users minimum. Not the same company it used to be.

Muhammad
Muhammad
Owner in Pakistan

It helped track my employees in stealth mode. I can judge behavior of my employees and keep eye on.

Comments: peace of mind about progress of my employees.

Pros:

Recent screen shots help get overview at a glance about what your employees doing. One can monitor from anywhere or on the go. website blocking is very easy and its very difficult for employees to track whats going on their system. For home users its free to monitor 3 computers with enough data

Cons:

Price is bit high as compared to other solutions. Also paying annually is also a paid and they don't offer monthly payment options

System Administrator in Guyana
Financial Services Software, 201–500 Employees

Very Good Monitoring

Pros:

This is the kind of software that sensitive companies need to protect themselves, their data and their employees. The very nature of this software is stealth. Users will never know that they're being watched (that is if that's the way you want it set up). The reporting is excellent and very in-depth and detailed.

Cons:

Hard to uninstall. Because it doesn't work like conventional software, the removal (at least the first time) is kind of a chore.

Kimberly
Kimberly
Business Owner in US
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

Good service but not for companies less than 5 people.

Comments: I really liked the services but felt lied to when the free trial was over. At the check out you find out you have to pay a price higher than advertised.

Pros:

Good service, easy to use and lots of nice features. I really would have like to use this services. It was my first choice and would have use it if not for the cost.

Cons:

You shows a good price per users but when you go to subscribe it requires minimum of five users. I only needed one user which made the price was very high for me.

Jean
Training Team Lead in Dominican Republic
Consumer Services, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Great way to monitor employee/team computer activity

Pros:

This tool allows me to track my trainees' computer activity during training

Cons:

I have nothing negative to say about this tool

Birch Grove Software Response

7 months ago

Hi Jean - Thanks for taking the time to write a review. I always love to see how customers use ActivTrak in different ways - verifying attention to training is a great one! Thanks again for sharing! ~Megan

Jon
Jon
Business Development in Canada
Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

ActiveTrak - When you want to really monitor your employees/workers remotely

Comments: Very good overall experience. Easy to use, and install.

Pros:

This lets you spy on their screen and see what they see. You can block out website from loading. For example: employees during working hours can't load Netflix. You can also monitor when their computer goes to sleep and when they are inactive.

Cons:

One of the employees uses a MacBook Pro. When his iOS updates sometimes the permission setting of ActiveTrak need resetting.

Naveen Kumar
Naveen Kumar
Head - Digital Marketing in India
, 11–50 Employees

Intuitive and Easy to use, Among the best

Comments: I travel a lot due to my work profile, Activtrak makes my employees monitoring easy.

Pros:

almost impossible to detect user friendly dashboard optimum space to store screenshots free to use for 3 devices simple installation process

Cons:

could have been more economical for paid versions. to check out pricing you have to create an account.

Derek
Chief Deputy Township Assessor in US
Government Administration, 11–50 Employees

From the initial download to the first use, it was so easy and intuitive.

Comments: Productivity is always hard to measure, but this software makes it easy to see what programs or websites are consuming or distracting from our work goals. I don't like to use it as a spy tool. I prefer to use it to troubleshoot areas for improvement. Or use the screenshots to see when an error or crash occurs to see the events that lead up to the software fail. This is a GREAT troubleshooter option, see what the station saw. Love that it can be accessed from remote seamlessly.

Pros:

The easy interface and how easy it is to code applications and website as productive or non-productive. It gives a GREAT picture of the productivity of the workstations. I like that it can block websites as well with one caveat (see cons). I will say this blocker is 100% effective, where websites blocked by the router can be accessed using an alternate method. The Screenshots are helpful, not as a spy tool, but in determining errors when one of our programs is having trouble, we can see the error screen the operator saw through the screenshots. Great troubleshooting. Screenshots also let me assist the operator when I am in a remote location, I can see what they are asking and assist quicker than actually remoting into the workstation for minor questions. EVERY INTERACTION WITH THIS PROVIDER HAS BEEN MORE THAN EXCELLENT, and they are eager to help and take suggestions and criticism to assist or improve their already great product. You are not alone after you download or purchase. Another good feature is on the workstation the program runs in the background and is completely invisible to workstation, it doesn't slow the system down, nor cause the workstation any troubles.

Cons:

When you block a website, it is always blocked. I would like to release the block during non-business hours. For instance, if my employees want to check their emails, Facebook, I have no problem with them doing this before work, after work or during lunch. I did load my work hours into the system, but tech support said right now it an "always" block. I don't want to have to come in and turn the blocks on and off manually. Other than that, this is the best program I have found.

Grietz
Senior Business Analyst in Philippines
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 201–500 Employees

A BPO Essential Tool

Comments: I would say that its worth its price. Ever since we started our Work From Home set up, managing the team has been made easy by ActivTrak. We are able to monitor our team's activities as it relates to their productivity and we are able to keep our word to our clients about protecting their data and prevent any data security breaches.

Pros:

I love how it integrates productivity tracking and security in one platform. This is the tool to help you manage your company effectively especially for outsourcing companies like us. It tracks the productivity of our offshore team and generates a comprehensive report that could help assess a staff or a team's needs in their operational day to day activities.

Cons:

None. I would say that the features offered by ActivTrak are functional and beneficial. This makes sense because they are open for suggestions and they conduct webinars from time to time where they provide information about a new feature and gather information about what could possibly be a helpful feature in the future.

Brandon
President in US
Internet, 2–10 Employees

Best Monitoring Software, Period.

Comments: Quick and easy reporting about employee activity on work computers. Specifically, productivity, activity log and real time screen viewing.

Pros:

ActivTrak does everything you need and nothing you don't. It's user friendly, visually appealing and robust. Additionally, they release the most updates of any related software. I have tried more than six applications for this purpose and theirs is the best.

Cons:

The software has a tendency to create multiple "users" (people you are tracking) for the same person. One record for the computer, another for their associated Windows/Chrome identity and sometimes others if they have multiple user accounts on the same computer. This can cause you to have 3 or more user records to track for a single person. You can group them together and use an alias, which is great, but the overall number of users reporting will affect your billing plan.

Eddy
IT Support Engineer in Mexico
Automotive, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Keep an eye on problematic employees

Comments: We mostly use it to track the activities of problematic people, and help us prevent some incidentes and bad use of the computers and keep safe information of our customers.

Pros:

It is a great way to see how your team spends their shifts, if you have problematic people you can see what they are doing by installing an invisible client, this way you can ensure that your equipment is not being missused.It has great reporting capabilities.

Cons:

It sometimes does not updates as intended and it can be a bit problematic to delete the client if you want to be secretive.

Sean
IT Manager in South Africa
Real Estate, 51–200 Employees

ActivTrak Delivers what is required

Comments: Began using during Covid, with employees working online. Activtrak was able to provide necessary metrics to Line managers, to ensure that operations continued to run efficiently. We continue to use the platform, due to the valuable performance data delivered.

Pros:

Provides tracking & monitoring of employee activity & productivity efficiently.Helpful insights are provided to line managers to address concerns before they become an issue.

Cons:

Cost - Reductions would be appreciated, but I suppose you get what you pay for & the service is delivering as promised

Birch Grove Software Response

last year

Thanks for taking the time to review us, Sean! Happy to hear that ActivTrak is helping with your team's productivity.

VP of VLSI in US
Semiconductors, 201–500 Employees

It does the job, monitor activities and block websites.

Comments: I did not use it for business. I use it for kids computer activities monitor. It works ok overall, since I can monitor what kids doing on internet.

Pros:

1. it can save the screenshot to see what exactly the actives are. 2. it can maintain a block website list.

Cons:

The website block is only working on the main domain, the root website, like www.google.com. It is better to add a sub-website block. For example, we don't want to block google website; but some game under google.com need to be blocked. Now we cannot do that.

Abhishek
CEO in India
Architecture & Planning, 2–10 Employees

Great Remote Employee monitoring software

Comments: My overall experience has been very good. I started using this software after covid. After the covid, when my employees started working remotely, I installed this software and now I get every detail of what they are doing on the system.

Pros:

The best part of this software is you can setup the shift timing in which you want to monitor. You get all the details and activities done on the system within the shift timing and also get the detailed reports of it.

Cons:

The pricing is a bit high as compared to other monitoring softwares but the functionality is worth the money.

Tim
Director of Operations in US

A good monitoring product to keep an eye on productivity

Pros:

I use this product to keep an eye on my employees, block sites that they shouldn't be going to while on the clock, and to track productivity of my agents.

Cons:

I have the free version of the product and my biggest issue is that when you get to a certain amount of space used it stops recording screenshots and will not let you access any information. If you don't happen to log in for a few days and you hit that threshold then all of the information at that point is considered gone as you have to delete it all in order to start recording again or access your info which is annoying. Or you can upgrade to the paid version and this wouldn't happen but the free version is perfect for that I need it for.

Ian
Engineer in UK
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Recommended to our customers

Comments: we have been recommending this to our customers for a couple of years now - they seem to like it. UK-hours support would be appreciated in future.

Pros:

The ease of installation along with the multitude of reports

Cons:

I wish the software could be user-based rather than per machine - when users hotdesk, this will knock out our licensing and stop reporting until it is noticed/dealt with

Government Administration, 1,001–5,000 Employees

ActivTrak Review

Comments: ActivTrak is an excellent tool for our organization that works perfectly, easily, effectively, all at a very low price point. It helps us enforce our Acceptable Use policy and take action when necessary.

Pros:

The best part for us is that it takes the legwork out of an investigation. Simply install the tool and the data is gathered in many different formats. Before we started using it, an investigation would consume hours of IT's time while we dug through firewalls and internet history files (if available) to piece together a picture of PC activity. Being able to provide legal a set of screenshots is perfect and removes all of the guess work.

Cons:

We haven't run into anything we disliked about this software

Oil & Energy, 201–500 Employees

With some product development, it could become a valuable product for basis of billing

Comments: I tried it for a few days, then gave up as it is not meant for what I wanted to use it for.

Pros:

I liked that it really did track all of my computer usage seamlessly.

Cons:

I found the way to categorize different applications a too cumbersome on one hand and lacking in sufficient detail on other. I wanted to use this software to accurately track how much time I spend on each customer so I would have a proven basis for billing. It is not what it is originally meant for, but the billing activity tracking apps available require too much constant involvement and I hoped to get past that by tracking all my activity automatically and categorizing it to actual projects for billing. However, trying to categorize just few days of my computer usage, it was not just feasible idea. For example, I have gmail address for my personal as well as two different customer accounts, but there was no way to categorize them differently (hint - Title in web browser is different, but this cannot be used as basis for automatic categories).

Raul
IT in Spain
Telecommunications, 51–200 Employees

Surprisingly good!

Comments: Control on what users are doing is cruzial for companies these days. Specially because of malware. This software helped us to control employees productivity and systems security.

Pros:

Super easy to get it going. I love the way I can make sure that my staff is being productive. Being a company that works a lot with internet is difficult not to get distracted. By checking the sites that they are visiting and for how long helps themselves realize if they can be more productive and also helps IT managers keep thins safe.

Cons:

It's user based so it can get a little pricey if you have a lot of them. Free version is very complete but limited for 3 users.

Senad
Founder / CEO in Croatia
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Very useful product

Comments: It's very easy to start using software 5 minutes after installation. Reports and analysis potential are huge and alarming options above my expectations. We got the information about employees productivity that helped us optimize work for everyone to feel and work better.

Pros:

Easy to start and install, easy to navigate and everything is intuitive from the start. Reports are VERY detailed and show you everything you need and some more.

Cons:

Uninstall could be solved better. E.G. If you are using version 8 and you need to uninstall it, you first have to update with new version and then uninstall. There is no auto-update for MAC.

Craig
IT Director in US

Fantastic

Pros:

This is the perfect tool for a parent who needs to see what their child is doing on their computer. It's completely hidden and enabled me to gather a tremendous about of information and proof that she was not doing homework when she was supposed to be. It was also very helpful to see when she was clearing her Internet history in attempt to hide her activity from us. Also loved the added bonus of being able to block sites where the majority of time was being wasted. I am so glad I found this tool and definitely see an application for it in the workplace as well which I am considering.

Cons:

I honestly can't think of anything I would consider a "con" of the product. It does exactly what it says it does and it does it very well. The only cons for me is that I'm currently using the free version and don't have access to some of the other features, but I would probably only need to have those in a workplace scenario.

Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

Usefull

Comments: Overall I like this software. Can view alot of information about other computers from my computer. Having trouble with one saying software can't be found.

Pros:

I can view what our employees are doing on their computer.

Cons:

Sometimes have troubles with upgrades, like a computer not upgrading.