• Overall

About Slack

Slack brings all your communication together in one place. It's real-time messaging, archiving and search for modern teams.

Learn more about Slack

Filter reviews (21,119)

Product Rating

Product Rating

Usage

Sort by

Have you used Slack before?

Filter reviews (21,119)

David W.
David W.
Senior Scrum Master in US
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 Employees

The best remote collaboration tool I have EVER used!

5 4 months ago

Comments: Slack is the easiest collaboration tool I've ever used. I am currently acting as Scrum Master for four agile teams, and it's easy to keep in touch with all of them and coordinate standups. File sharing is extremely easy

Pros:

Slack is a user-friendly, robust collaboration tool that allows for quick setup and access to channels both public and private. Asynchronous communication is a cinch and the Mentions and Reactions feature allows for easy access to what recent messages you have received.

Cons:

Due to Slacks' third party app space, there are some features that might seem to be missing at first but need to be found as a third party feature. This involves an admin or an owner having to approve the app being installed. This can sometimes be a bit of a headache on the admin end, as it requires going to obscure parts of the app to approve. It could be an easier experience.

Gayan D.
Gayan D.
Senior Project Manager in Sri Lanka

Communication + Collaboration Unified

5 2 months ago New

Comments: It has been an absolute joy and has made working from home tolerable

Pros:

If you are working from home or working remotely, Slack is an absolute lifesaver. (Even if you are working from office, it still is a lifesaver) Several communication channels (calls, huddles, chat), tight integrations with a number of platforms, and useful features that makes managing of the Slack workspace a breeze make it an easy recommendation for anyone or any organization.

Cons:

10000 message history for the free tier might be a bit low for people/groups who message constantly, so a higher limit might drive more people to join in as they wouldn't want to loose those messages after using Slack for a significant amount of time.

Ryleigh S.
Account Executive & Content Manager in US

Much better than Hipchat

5 2 months ago

Comments: Overall, Slack is my favorite communication tool I've used. My company used Hipchat prior to Slack and we all rejoiced when the switch was made. It's more intuitive and much more customizable.

Pros:

I like how I can set my own color themes and pick my notification sound. I have access to all the Apple emojis as well as Slack's fun emojis to set a status. The developers in my company have created new emojis as well and those are fun to use. Slack is the easiest way – and I have several tools at my disposal for this including Google Meet, Zoom and Uberconference/Dialpad – to do an audio call, video call or screen share with one other person. I prefer to use Google Meet for meetings with several people, but my go-to is slack for a call with just one other person. The pencil tool to highlight something is so handy when someone is sharing their screen with me. When on a call, the little phone emoji appears next to my name so others know that I'm on a call and can't respond right away. I like being able to respond to a message in a thread too. My company has a channel for everyone in the company and the notification can get out of hand if lots of people are responding back and forth. But threads simplify that and make it so I can respond to a message in a thread versus the entire company seeing it. They can see the thread if they click on it, but it requires an extra step. I also love the shortcuts for sharing gifs from giphy, setting reminders and others. Oh, and setting notification preferences is amazing. I have my Slack set to only receive notifications during certain hours during the day so I'm not getting them all through the night and before the next workday starts.

Cons:

I don't like that I can't create a Slack channel on my own. My company has it set up that only the admins can create new public and/or private channels. I can create a group to direct message with, but that's it. If I want a channel created, I have to go to the admin. I think this is more of a gripe for my company making that rule and not a Slack thing, though. I also wish I could blur my background or set a fun background like you can in Google Meet and Zoom.

Kaushik C.
Cloud Security Consultant in India
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

Review of Slack

5 3 months ago

Comments: Slack is the fitting programming for little, medium, or enormous organizations, this product is equipped for adjusting to any workspace and permits all areas to keep up with wide correspondence that assists them with having a superior sharing of data and information vital. Its talk channels are truly steady, it has an ideal interface that is extremely simple to utilize and very agreeable. The visit channels are exceptionally finished, permitting you to move a wide range of records and offer any picture with the individuals from the talk channels. It doesn't make any difference in case Slack is in the venture area, or in the Sales area, it will likewise get noteworthy outcomes execution, arranging, and work correspondence.

Pros:

The fundamental component that I love about Slack is the part beneath the principle board, where I can get to uninitiated messages, explicit strings of discussions and furthermore gives me admittance to every one of the notices that have been during my vacation . Moreover, I additionally have a perception of the messages saved in this segment, so I have everything in one spot, everything exceptionally coordinated.

Cons:

Slack's inquiry framework is one of the provisions that doesn't work effectively. This inquiry framework has a long defer when I embed a word in the pursuit, it consumes a large chunk of the day to play out the hunt, what's more, it doesn't show every one of the consequences of the looked through word, it just shows the most extraordinary and latest outcomes.

Curriculum Coordinator in US

Robust tool that's so much more than instant messaging

5 3 months ago

Comments: The fact that my team is 100% remote and has been for 3+ years but can still be very efficient is in large part due to Slack. We're still able to communicate and make decisions even with a dispersed team. It's such an integral part of our team at this point, I can't imagine doing without it.

Pros:

I've used Slack for several years now and at this point, can't remember how I communicated with team members before. We are a completely remote team and Slack allows us to quickly reach out to colleagues to discuss issue, socialize, share files, and much more. I think a lot people on my team enjoy the emoji options and the ability to group message and create channels allow for a lot of flexibility for multi-member communication. Slack offers a wide variety of features, like snoozing, scheduling, and setting up notifications, and they continue to add to their feature set regularly.

Cons:

Managing permissions and settings around channels can be confusing. I've created channels only to realize that I needed to set it up differently and then not have the permissions to make the needed change (or that the change isn't an option and you'll just have to delete the channel and start all over). Also, if you are a member of multiple workspaces, it can be easy to miss a notification or message.

Andrew K.
Andrew K.
Chief Operating Officer in US
Internet, 11-50 Employees

Great Internal Communication Tool

4 4 months ago

Comments: Overall, Slack offers a wide variety of features and customizations at a very reasonable price. The service availability has been very reliable, and the platform continues to release new updates to improve their portfolio of service offerings. For companies that rely on instant messaging for both internal and external communication, I would highly recommend this service.

Pros:

Slack is incredibly easy set up and deploy. The Settings and Administration dashboard is very intuitive and easy to maneuver, making onboarding and offboarding new members a very quick process. Slack has API integrations with a lot popular, commonly used software services such as Google, JIRA, etc., which allows users to monitor a larger spectrum of notifications within a single platform. The message service is also relatively customizable, which allows you to add both fun and productive features to what would otherwise be a monotonous instant messaging tool.

Cons:

Slack does not current offer advanced features for content organization. Individuals topics or groups need to be separated into channels, but you cannot add subdirectories to those channels for more granular organization. This results in an excessive number of Slack channels that need to be maintained and monitored on a regular basis, creating disorganization. Slack also has below average phone and video quality when compared to competing services such as Zoom and Google Meet. I often experience issues with bluetooth headphone connectivity when using these features.

Project Manager in US
Consumer Services, 51-200 Employees

Simple and easy to use with intuitive designs

4 10 months ago

Comments: I'm very happy with my overall experience with Slack and it has all the features you wish you had in communication software. After we started using Slack, the number of emails exchanged had decreased because we can always refer back to the old message within slack by using search. It has a customizable notification setting so that you can pay most attention to what's most important to you, which is a great feature when you have dozens of channels that you belong to.

Pros:

It is very intuitively designed and you can start using this software from day one without much of a learning curve. You don't have to be a tech person to get it started. I like the feature like being able to send codes/commands in a differentiated text (framed with red color etc) and directing message in a large chat group by using "@", or copy and pasting older message, etc.. those are all very practical features that I use often. I also like the mobile app version which allows me to be connected even when I'm away from my computer. I also like the reminder feature which I set up for recurring meetings or just as my personal reminder.

Cons:

It seems like they do have a service interruption a couple of times a year. When the entire company is relying on slack for internal communication, the service outage stops our operation (although we use google chat for a backup during those outages). Also, image loading via mobile app seems to take quite a long time even with a stable network.

Shane M.
Paid Media Operations Manager in South Africa
Marketing & Advertising, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Slack Recomendation

5 10 months ago

Comments: - Slack has definitely improved my productivity and made communication much more effective. This applies to the whole organization at scale to.
- Since we migrated to Slack as an organization, majority if not all the user's in our company have adapted well to Slack. Overall it is a success as Slack is a really powerful communication & collaboration software package.
- It provides functionality and can replace email, text & instant messaging. It syncs all data on it's web, desktop & mobile apps. This allows for communication/collaboration on the go - literally anywhere - anytime!

Pros:

- Allows superb enterprise-level communication. - Integrates with other software seamlessly and allows productivity to be maximized. - Allows simple tasks/interactions to be automated - which ultimately saves time per user & organization. - Great user interface on desktop, web & mobile app. - Lots of functionality available - in terms of user groups/channels.

Cons:

- Initially, it takes some time to get used to fully. Although eventually its worth getting used to! - It doesn't work perfectly on slow wi-fi but that's understandable and area dependant. - Doesn't show user/contact last seen as it time specific. - If you have alot of groups/channels you can possibly miss priority messages if your settings are not adjusted to bring messages to the top. Although this can be customised to your liking and only is a problem initially.

Tom L.
Head of IT in US
Wholesale, 11-50 Employees

Best Task Management

5 11 months ago

Comments: Overall I am content with Slack. Comparing to the previous ones we have tried using, Slack definitely kept all of us on the same page when it comes to the progress of a project. There's no confusion or misunderstanding. Slack makes everything transparent for me and my team. Before we use Basecamp, Asana, just to name a few. After years of trials and error, Slack works the best for me and my organization.

Pros:

Personally for myself, as a manager who is too busy to follow-up and check on my staff's progress. Slack has been very helpful in allowing my staff to update the board without me having to reach out. I just log on daily to see the progress of my team on an easy to view dashboard.

Cons:

Sorting & Filtering old projects - Perhaps maybe achieve old projects I no longer need to view. It can be quite a clutter to see a project that was discuss 2 years ago. Its not a big deal since the project are able to have old ones at the bottom.

Brent w P.
Brent w P.
Evangelist in US

The communication tool you can't do without

5 11 months ago

Comments: Slack has improved our communication workflow with our team and improved the way we interact with clients. It allows for multiple language to be spoken by using some translation tools, thus including more staff and especially non-english speaking staff.

Pros:

Slack is a great collaborative software that helps users to collaborate across cities, countries, and timezones. It is a crucial part of our project workflow and helps to let developers, project managers, and clients speak to each other in a collaborative enviroment. It has numerous integrations that allow for third-party apps to interact, create, and receive messages and alerts. These integrations allow us to have one place in which all communications can flow and makes it easier for a worldwide team to be up on the latest updates and critical alerts that may happen.

Cons:

The slack tool can be a little battery intensive, especially as you add more slack channels. It also gets quite expensive as you add additional paid members to the group. If you are not aware of all your paid members, or you add guests as paid it can get very expensive quickly. Because this is a discussion, it is also possible that critical conversations can get lost in the stream of texts coming through.

Souhil S.
Souhil S.
Entrepreneur in Algeria
Design, Self Employed

The perfect Team Collaboration Tool

4 12 months ago

Comments: I really like Slack, and it saved me a lot of money and time because I have an online business and now I really don't need to have a real-life office to run my business and stay organized with the team I just use Slack with other tools Slack support and that's it, It's perfect for everyone especially small businesses like mine.
I use Slack daily and I will keep using it because I think it's the best tool for me and for my team and I really don't need to use another one because I can do everything I want with Slack and I know the team behind it is trying to do their best to improve it and add more useful and powerful features to help us stay organized.

Pros:

It's a very cheap and easy to use tool with a friendly user interface and I can change it to a dark theme which I like a lot. I like the chat option because I can send and receive real-time messages and chat with my team directly and the Slack messaging app is very powerful and amazing. I also like the emojis and gifs in the chat because it brings a lot of fun to the workspace. I feel very safe using Slack because they have a strong security system and I don't need to worry about the safety of my files when I share them. It helped me to save a lot of time and to stay organized and have all my projects in just one place and I really don't need to use other tools to do this. I really don't need to train my VA's to use Slack because some of them used it before and some they find it very easy to use and they get used to it in just a few days. I improved my productivity and now I don't need to waste any time because Slack helped me and the Team to developed focused channels and to focus on what's important for the company and for the business in general. I love the integration option Slack has because I can use it with multi-useful tools now for example Google Drive, Google Docs, Google Calendar, Zoom, Trello...etc. Their support is amazing and they have a lot of videos and tutorials about these tools and I learned a lot from them.

Cons:

They can improve the mobile app and add more cool features in the future. They can Improve the search feature because sometimes It's really hard to find something especially if the workspace is big and there are many channels. They can add a video chat feature to this tool because a lot of companies now are using the video option in other tools for better communication.

Hamid G.
CEO in US
Market Research Software, 11-50 Employees

Slack is the answer to Email's poor usability

5 last year

Comments: In one word, Slack is excellent. It makes work fun, lively, dynamic, transparent and much more real-time. Even though our team is fully remote, we can feel connected because of the communications and collaborations tools that Slack provides.

Pros:

Our team adopted Slack in preparation of becoming a fully virtual, distributed company, and also as an alternative to email, which creates blind spots of knowledge within the organization. Our work has been completely transformed by adopting Slack! First, we had 100% adoption of the platform as our primary internal communications medium. Second, the transparency of information and project cycles have allowed us to be far more efficient and effective for our clients (response times, clarity of recommendations, deliverables), and finally, it has eliminated about 50% - 75% of our daily emails. A massive win!

Cons:

While Slack has several tools for tagging information and prioritizing information, it provides limited tools for prioritization. While it's primarily a communications/collaborations platform and not a project management tool, adding ability to better prioritize certain tasks would help make this tool even more effective for a professional services company.

Finn R.
Accountant in Estonia
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Easy software for managing various team related activities, free version comes with limited feature

4 last year

Comments: Very easy to use app and quite a life saver when it comes to various team internal activities. However, the features included in the free version are quite limited and the price for the full version can easily be considered too much especially for startups, smaller companies or very big teams. All in all, I believe that Slack is a good and really useful app but it´s value, what you get for the money you spend could still be improved.

Pros:

Possibility to have 1:1 discussions with colleagues. Valuable when dealing with a task together. Group Collaboration - The capability to bring an undertaking together and share with a team. Gathering Chat - The ability to have one zone/space where the group teams up, shares thoughts, and cooperates to convey issues. Bot Integration - The ability to incorporate different apparatuses and bots that can make the day simpler. Capacity to integrate web conferencing devices such as Zoom, Webex, Teams etc. Able to make plans for the day, track time, and so on Oversee a Team - Great approach to deal with a group that is working distantly in remotely geographic areas. I am especially fond of how easy and respectful the communication with other team members is. Practically all different Saas suppliers are integrated which permits the user to do practically all activities inside the Slack. The Advanced Search History is another extraordinary component for group correspondence Channels are keeping correspondence simpler inside the team or with non-team members.

Cons:

Some of the time the ´´Search in History´´ function does not work as it is supposed to. However, this is the case with most visiting instruments that occasionally you have to look up one small step at a time to discover the set of experiences you are searching for. Video and voice meeting actually need to improve. anticipating utilizing Slack just as opposed to having different programming introduced The by far greatest limitation of the app is that the free version has a constraint of messages that can be saved, which incorporates the documents that are sent. Slack's paid arrangement is extravagant for new companies and organizations having low income/large groups.

Christopher W.
Creative Director in Italy
Entertainment, 2-10 Employees

Why We Use Slack For Our Start-Up

4 last year

Comments: Slack has been a great addition to our daily work ethic. Being able to use it on a mobile device as well as desktop is key and it has become an integral part of splitting up our tasks. I really couldn't recommend it more.

Pros:

The overall ease of this software is superb. Every one of our team members found it easy to use immediately.

Cons:

The one thing that bugs me is the return button. If you are writing a message then if I want to use a new line by pressing return Slack actually sends the message. So I then have to go in and edit my message. Return in Slack is another key. You would think would be easy to remember but then every other product has the return key used as a new line so I'm always having to edit my messages of they are spaced out.

Sanskriti G.
Sanskriti G.
Implementing Slack at work was an absolute decision. in Nepal

Implementing Slack at work was an absolute decision

5 last year

Comments: We implement slack for inter-office communications. Slack made the communication possible and managing workflows was a lot easier. We often use slack for real-time messaging not, particularly for archives. Overall, slack has enhanced our business productivity, collaboration between project teams, and managed to provide streamlined communication.

Pros:

Slack was easy to use and implement at work. The web version of slack works completely fine. The slack interface is streamlined and ideal for business communication. We are able to replace emails at work and use communication on slack, which is quick and easy for project teams. The most significant thing I loved about Slack is, it can be integrated with other productivity, communication, and collaboration tools to make the work more streamlined and can be an optimum choice for automation and scripting.

Cons:

The only downside to this application is its pricing. The standard plans lack most of the important features, so we thought of upgrading to Plus. Since the price is based on per person per month, we found the pricing for Plus too high. So, we had expected if the price could be pay-per-module, but that can’t be helped either.

Founder & CEO in Germany
Internet, 2-10 Employees

Team Communication Simplified

5 last year

Comments: We are using Slack as our primary communications as in-team and external members as well. Slack makes communications more professional than other casual messaging tools. There is a respect for other team members' private life as setting notifications off the work hours. We can keep all our commuınication in Slack and able to search and find our communications later.

Pros:

Team Communication is easy and respectful to other team members. Integrations with almost all other Saas providers allows users to do almost all actions within the Slack. Advanced Search History is a great feature for team communication Channels are keeping communication easier within the team or with external members.

Cons:

The in-app call and video call options are still terrible in September 2020. Exporting communication only available to admin. This should be done for everybody at least for private communications. File search is still not good.

Lisa L.
Agile Coach in US
Computer Software, Self Employed

Best Collaboration Tool Available!

5 last year

Comments: Slack has been wonderful to use both professionally and personally. I have managed multiple cross functional projects utilizing this tool to gather the most recent information needed for status reports, metrics, check-ins etc. Personally I use it to collaborate with my Agile Coach friends across the globe to share tools, tips and tricks we use while supporting our teams at work. We also use it monthly during our zoom meetups to chat amongst ourselves and share info during the call etc. I highly recoomend this collaborative tool.

Pros:

I LOVE that you can create your own channels to keep conversations and shared documents organized and easily accessible for different groups you are collaborating with. I also LOVE that these channels don't expire and can be accessed by anyone across the globe that you are collaborating with. This has changed the way collaboration can happen virtually in real time!

Cons:

The # hashtags can cause me issues when I am searching for things but I am starting to get better at using them.

Lauren H.
Lauren H.
Executive Assistant in US
Media Production, 11-50 Employees

Never Slacks

5 2 years ago

Comments: I was first introduced to the product when I was working at a photographic agency. It's a very fast-paced environment that requires incredibly efficient communication and swift project management. I was doing my research and experimented with Slack for a brief time. I felt inspired by the benefits and presented it to the workplace. They immediately downloaded the solution and I set up the software for them from my side. Within minutes, we had a newly impressive communication tool that eased our stresses at a colossal level. Very great build and I look forward to its growth.

Pros:

I love this application for a majority of reasons. Slack is very minimalistic but also beautifully done. It presents your desired information in a very organized manner and makes it easy for the receiver to understand. It balances colors well and provides brief templates for you to use. Another aspect I like about Slack is the multiple formats of data you can send into a single chatroom space. It's extremely convenient and essential for your company's needs.

Cons:

I don't have any negative thoughts for Slack because it fulfills our company's needs to a great extent.

Jeff M.
Director, Engineering IT Operations in US
Education Management, 5,001-10,000 Employees

Great product that has become more important than ever

5 2 years ago

Comments: Prior to implementing Slack we tended to have a mix of emails, chats, and some intranet announcement board setups. Now, we put all of that in Slack which makes it much easier to keep up with what is going on as well as to search for anything that you need. It has been a huge plus for us in all ways and we have a lot of other integration options we are looking at implementing.

Pros:

Communication with my entire team is easily available within Slack as well as subsets of my team. Slack has played a key role for several years but that role has become critical as we have shifted operations entirely online. We have channels for different topics and the ability to easily customize alert settings for channels has been a huge plus. The ability to integrate with outside systems has allowed us to automate many tasks such as letting the service desk know when issues occur.

Cons:

Traffic can get busy so I need to be particular about how my notifications are set up. I then check in periodically on the channels that I don't receive notifications for to keep up with what is going on.

Jason taylor F.
Jason taylor F.
Governance, Risk & Compliance Administrator in US
E-Learning, 51-200 Employees

Necessary for any Team that wants to Communicate

5 2 years ago

Comments: It's a very powerful tool that is the backbone of non-face-to-face communications. It's easier and less formal than emails so folks are more apt to just jump in and communicate (which is great). But with loose structure around it, folks are more apt to just spout nonsense in there. The chatroom style of organizing the communication can make it difficult to get past noise since it only takes a GIF or two to push the real communication out of visibility. It's like any communication tool there needs to be etiquette, organization, etc. Slack just happens to be one of those tools that is so powerful and flexible that it can make things very productive or very distracting.
In the end, with folks being remote, it is an incredibly handy tool (desktop app, browser, or mobile app) to keep folks in touch with each other.

Pros:

I love that almost any service can send notification through Slack either directly or with an integration tool. Jira ticket creations get alerted in specific channels based on project/issue type for example. And Slack can be used to create polls, set reminders, etc. The sidebar organizes your channels (which can be public or private) as well as your DMs (which can be with 1 person or a group of people). The search function is neat, and channels/DMs can be searched/saved/archived/etc.

Cons:

Ok, the downside can be astronomical- but it can be controlled with good administration. Slack can easily get out hand with multiple channels that confuse standard-authoritative messaging, and if the channels get too numerous then Slack monitoring can become a very distracting activity (so make rules on channel creation). Similarly, the flexibility of Slack can lead to a wide range of input from folks (GIFs, emoji-reactions, etc.).

QC Engineer in India
Computer Games, 1,001-5,000 Employees

A must for professional communication

4 2 years ago

Comments: The deployment and set up was easy and after about a couple of days, you will get used to it. Slack is our primary application for professional communication with clients and offshore teammates. Having multiple channels for various purposes is a good feature. Sometimes the loading time is high, and even when you search for messages, but this can be overlooked when considering slack as a package.

Pros:

Slack is very easy to use with its simple and highly professional UI making things easily available, like the search, using emojis and reactions, etc. Unlike Microsoft Teams, here in Slack you can search for a message using a keyword, and trust me this is a lifesaver. You can have multiple channels set up for a variety of communication purposes. The mobile version is also good and reliable. The app is easy to use but at the same time has very professional UI and all the necessary features.

Cons:

Slack is expensive when compared to its competitors. It should have a feature to search for gifs online like MS teams. You may miss out on some important emails as most messages are conveyed on the chat. So you have to be clear about it, emails are still a priority when it comes to professional communication.

Amar M.
Senior Lead Engineer in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 501-1,000 Employees

Helped keep our team across the world be on the same page

5 2 years ago

Comments: We have a large team spanned across the globe and with slack its easy to keep everyone on the same page.

Pros:

How easy it was to use. There has been other software that does the same thing and recently Microsoft has been pushing teams. However in my opinion Slack was the first one on the block. We used skype but it seemed "clunky". The group functionality and the ability to integrate with API is awesome. We have it linked both to snow and outlook calendar.

Cons:

The only thing I dislike is that you can not see if a user has read your message (somewhat like whatsapp or imessage)

Tigran H.
Developer in Armenia

Slack review for company use

5 2 years ago

Comments: Overall It's a very useful app for little teams and big companies, you can manage your team/s with this app, beside chatting and conversation, it seems like you can visualise your work here with many addons. For example I have integrated github, jira, pivotal and these types of apps and can see notifications coming from this task managment tools in channel, like everything one place, event can call inside channel with hangouts app.

Pros:

I like team workspace like design of app, especially the channels for teams, private channels, taggings by team, threads, and bots inside it which are very useful for variety of reasons, helping to increase users productivity and contributing for team to work fast. Another thing seems to me very useful is integrating google calendar with slack which show to my teammates when I am busy or in a meeting or when I am free near my name on app.

Cons:

Sometimes it has problems with mobile app push notifications, e.x many times I tried to reply message from push notifications but seems it not sends message showing could not send without notifying me. Another thing I noticed in recent times It has problems with video streaming, I mean when someone uploads video It sometimes streams very slowly .

Thomas B.
Owner in US

Beats All Other Business Communication Tools

5 2 years ago

Comments: Overall, as a business owner and marketing agency, it's been a game-changer to use Slack because it really does streamline our workflows and bring everything together. We needed one central communication tool that we could share docs, send quick messages, come up with ideas, have calls, do video conferences, share screens, and collaborate cross-organization. Slack allows all of that.

Pros:

The integrations with other software are amazing. I can get instant updates from websites, tools, CRM's, and much more all in slack. It makes the "instant messaging" tool much more valuable. Instead of needing to log into 20 different tools I can just check channels that we have created.

Cons:

Nothing really. I came from a Hangouts/Chat world where there are a lot of limitations so to use a tool that doesn't have those are amazing.

Greg B.
Salesforce consultant in UK
Computer Software, 501-1,000 Employees

great app to collaborate with your team and beyond

5 2 years ago

Comments: I joined the company after working with Office 365 and Skype for Business for many years, I was worried that I would struggle to adjust to a different communication method, but I quickly found the ability to add public and private channels to me immensely useful in my day to day life, I can compartmentalise my projects, social interactions, official communications and even different office locations with ease, I would definitely struggle to go back to the more basic tools such as Skype for Business personally

Pros:

with Slack, you can have multiple workspaces within the one app, so I can be working on a project for a client who has their own instance of Slack, get added to their channels for the project, and interact with them in their environment, all the while still being able to remain in my company environment, which lets me separate my comms, but keeps it all in the same app. I also enjoy the fact that I can create my own custom Emojis to use in the chats, it makes for a more personalised experience when I am reacting to a colleague with my own emojis rather than the default smilies.

Cons:

I have not seen a guest functionality on Slack, so you have to be a registered user to be able to interact with other users. I have also noticed a few colleagues who have had issues with audio calls not picking up the microphone, certainly on older model Macbooks. But I have never had the issue myself.