• Overall
    4.9 /5
    4.5 /5
    4.9 /5

About Qualtrax

Quality management solution that helps users manage documentation, compliance, workflows, risks, employees training and more.

Learn more about Qualtrax

Robert D.
Quality Assurance/Quality Control Specialist
Utilities, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/02/2019

"Qualtrax Will Change How Work"

Comments: Our experience with Qualtrax has been great. It has increased our efficiency in document management and employee training. Greatly decreased our audit preparation time due to efficient document management. It's been a game changer for us.

Pros: Software is very functional and user friendly. The Qualtrax team is always evaluating their product and increasing the functionality to meet customer needs.

Cons: There is nothing really to not like. Workflows are the most difficult part to learn but with a little practice, anyone can become an expert.

• Reviewed on 15/02/2019
Michelle P.
Operations Administrator
Medical Devices, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/08/2019

"Qualtrax - A Customer's View"

Comments: As anyone who has worked with Software knows, software is only half of the package. Customer support, and service comprises the other half. As much as I love the Qualtrax Software, it’s the support and employees that make your company. Every single person I have interacted with has been not only helpful, and friendly, but genuinely kind. The support we have received is stellar and I would recommend Qualtrax for that aspect alone. The site for customers to submit desired features for possible implementation tells me that you take the needs of your customers seriously; that you value our suggestions and needs, which is rare in a company. Usually companies will say they want your feedback but it’s all talk. What you have done to engage your customers in the development process is impressive. Not only did you set the site up you give us feedback on the status of our suggestions. I am truly impressed by your company as a whole. The employees that have worked to help us over the years with setup, updates, renewals and issues have been amazing, I can’t thank them enough.

Pros: The ability to customize the database to fit our needs. The fact that Qualtrax is constantly updating and striving to add features that will benefit their customers is another desirable aspect. I've never worked with a software company that was so invested in there product. Your employees take pride in the work they do and it only takes five minutes of talking with them to see this.

Cons: There are some features in regards to the workflows that fall short of allowing us to be truly compliant.

• Reviewed on 16/08/2019
Ranee H.
Quality Assurance Manager
  • Reviewed on 08/02/2019

"Quality Management System that works"

Comments: Excellent! The customer service is the best I've ever had with any vendor and they always respond to my emails/calls very quickly. I was in the middle of an assessment once and could not figure out a problem. I sent an S.O.S to Qualtrax and within minutes I got a phone call back and someone on the other end helping me.

Pros: Implementing Qualtrax allowed my quality system to be paperless. Processes, sign-offs, authorizations, checks/balances, etc. can all be done through the system from cradle to grave without generating a single piece of paper. Another great thing about Qualtrax is the flexibility of its licenses. As a business that does not generate revenue, it's not possible to get a copy of everything per user so the ability to switch the licenses around and allow them to be used when needed is extremely helpful from a budget standpoint.

Cons: I am a needy customer who's knowledge and usage of the system is relatively advanced; so there are features that I would like the system to have to help facilitate my work as a Manager and Administrator. However, sometimes my "wishes" aren't in high demand by the rest of the community so I have to wait.

• Reviewed on 08/02/2019
Eric D.
Quality Assurance Officer
Utilities, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/02/2019

"Flexibility allows adaptation for many uses"

Comments: Qualtrax is helping us track our processes so that we don't drop the ball. We know where each project is and who is responsible. This helps with accountability. Also, it is helping reach a goal of becoming paperless. Many things we used to submit and track on paper is now on Qualtrax.

Pros: The workflows are my favorite feature. They are simple to build and allow the organization to keep track of its processes. For us, knowing who is responsible is key for accountability and keeping things moving. They are simple to build using the workflow designer to create the framework and then the rest is drop down and check boxes. There is no requirement to know code, although they do allow the use of HTML to add functionality and style to the workflows.

Cons: Reports only collect data from a single workflow. We have several workflows that are connected and generate other workflows. In order to get all of the information on a single related topic, an audit for example, you have to report on each of the individual types of workflows and collate the data.

• Reviewed on 06/02/2019
Stewart R.
Supervising Forensic Scientist
Public Safety, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/01/2019

"Compliance Management Made Easy"

Comments: Qualtrax has made managing ISO/IEC 17025 compliance of a muli-site crime laboratory system much easier through electronic approval and storage of documents and streamlining compliance management.

Pros: Qualtrax allows me to manage accreditation compliance at the touch of a button. Processes that were paper-based are now electronic which allows much faster input and response from laboratory staff. Qualtrax's reporting functionality enables easy and intuitive data retrieval. Upgrades to the software are communicated clearly and, if needed, Qualtrax support is standing by to assist in your needs.

Cons: Qualtrax is highly customizable which can seem intimidating to some users.

Kayla L.
Scientist I
Public Safety, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/05/2019

"AMAZING Customer Service and Products"

Pros: This product has one of the most beautiful user interfaces for and I cannot wait to get it implemented in my company. The ease of use is apparent even from the login screen and the ease of building and maintaining workflows is a breeze and their applications make it that much easier and more effective. The BEST part about this software is the extremely amazing customer service. If you need anything at all the entire company is right there with you to help you and to achieve what you need to achieve. The atmosphere with this company is homely and I would never think of using a different software for our lab.

Cons: Sometimes the system can get bogged down with the amount of data, but after speaking with one of the software engineers they are looking into how they can solve this issue! Way to go Qualtrax!

Brooke B.
ISO Quality Assurance Manager
Government Administration, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/04/2019

"Qualtrax for ISO 17025 Laboratory"

Comments: Overall, my experience with Qualtrax has been very positive. The Qualtrax team is very helpful in training our team to use the software in a way that will benefit our company.

Pros: Qualtrax software is user friendly and has made our document control process efficient. Qualtrax has also improved our processes for corrective actions as well. The Qualtrax team is very helpful in explaining their product.

Cons: I do not have any negative feedback at this time because we are in the process of learning the Qualtrax System.

Veronica F.
QA Manager
Government Relations, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/04/2019

"Great Document Control Software"

Comments: Great for document control

Pros: User friendly with timely updates and customer support.

Cons: Needs more traceability options for laboratories.

Shawn M.
Laboratory Manager
Chemicals, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/06/2020

"Qualtrax succeeds with superior customer service"

Comments: Working with Qualtrax has been a fantastic experience. The trainers and customer service reps are what set it apart from similar businesses. The software could be very daunting to someone without a background in IT but our trainer gave us all of the tools we needed to build our quality management system to fit our needs.Other systems can often make it difficult or impossible to customize the system on your own but after our extensive training we found that we can build the system to our exact specifications without the need to have Qualtrax IT take over.

Pros: The best part about choosing this software as a startup lab is that the framework is in place on day 1. The feature that helped us most is the built-in workflows that fulfill our requirements for accreditation.

Cons: One feature that would be on my wish list would be to allow for my current LIMS system to work with Qualtrax.

• Reviewed on 24/06/2020
Connie H.
QA Administrative Specialist
Veterinary, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/04/2019

"Excellent software and training"

Comments: Good software not hard to use

Pros: Electronic system no more paper easy to use software

Cons: Need a few more user friendly adjustments

Carl A.
Assistant Laboratory Director - Quality Assurance
  • Reviewed on 01/05/2019

"Choose your Qualtrax Admin carefully!"

Comments: Centralized, and standardized, the required controlled documents for our laboratory system, over 400 documents divided into about 10 operational divisions. The management of this system is now taking just a fraction of time that was required with our legacy system. The developed workflows have likewise centralized, and significantly standardized, many of our quality assurance processes. It is now far more difficult for a particular incident resolution process to become "lost in the system" than before the online workflow capability was implemented.

Pros: Extremely configurable, flexible, powerful workflows. Your realized value of the workflows will be directly proportional to the skill and dedication of the system admin(s) and the workflow designers. Document management system is a full featured system, capable of handling both controlled and uncontrolled documents, even to mixing them within a given folder, providing for a flexible, convenient integrated document management system. The system of user groups utilized by the package facilitates the flexible, easy management of controlling function authorization for all users, and visitors, on the system. Again, the design and implementation of the security groups, a function of the system admin(s) will have a massive influence on the functionality of this feature.

Cons: Data mining capabilities are limited. Massive amounts of information can be input, but accessing the information with reporting tools, such as Crystal Reports, is not robustly supported.

Amy A.
Forensic Scientist/QAO
Law Enforcement, 2-10 Employees

"User since 2011"

Pros: Ease of document use
Document conversion to pdf

Cons: Help guide not updated for new cloud based system

Crystal W.
Quality Manager
Law Enforcement, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/02/2019

"Qualtrax - Indispensable for Our Crime Lab"

Comments: We used to spend so much time chasing paper, scanning, emailing, and storing documents on multiple places on our LAN. Qualtrax has largely eliminated this clerical work so our laboratory's Quality Assurance Unit can spend more time on continuous improvement. We have been using Qualtrax since 2013 and it has really improved communication and effectiveness of processes in our laboratory.

Pros: Documents (and document review and approvals), trainings, and workflow processes are centralized, trackable, reportable, and viewable by the staff that need to see them. Ease of use with an intuitive interface. Cloud based system allows us to access our documents and workflows while in the field or telecommuting. Multiple permissions allow for great flexibility with what users and user groups can and cannot access in the system. They have the best support of any vendor I have ever worked with.

Cons: Sometimes reports need to be exported to Excel to make them look better on a page, but that is because we are using Qualtrax to record a large amount of data and it is a really minor issue for us.

• Reviewed on 28/02/2019
Sarah D.
Lab Director
Government Administration, 11-50 Employees

"Amazing Product"

Comments: Often times after purchasing a software package you will not have contact with the company following initial training. Qualtrax is the opposite. They have amazing customer service. I believe other companies should take note of how Qualtrax interacts with their customer base. They are willing to sit down and really listen to our needs and determine how best to utilize their software. I would strongly recommend Qualtrax to any company in the market for a document control system.

Pros: The best part of the software is the ability to track changes.

Cons: In all honesty, there really is not anything I have been disappointed with following our purchase of the software in 2014.

Elizabeth D.
IMS Manager
Chemicals, 51-200 Employees

"Using Qualtrax"

Comments: They are a wonderful company to work with and I value my relationship with them.

Pros: Very user friendly and easy to learn. The ability to clone workflows. The fact that they are constantly improving the software and factor their users needs and ideas into upgrades. Their technical and customer support is wonderful and I have really enjoyed getting to know the Qualtrax staff!

Cons: Some of the features are still old and clunky. Printing option needs to be improved. I would like to see more cloning options, like for tests and trainings.

Tins B.
QM
Veterinary, 51-200 Employees

"Good stuff"

Comments: Everything except the loading has been great

Pros: Flexibility and work flows make this product user friendly for the cost.

Cons: Very hard to upload more than 500 documents and build the document training tests (1:1 ratio so for every document you want to capture on a test you build an entire test). My experience was uploading 1700 documents and building 1700 tests, one by one

Mary K.
Quality Assurance Manager
Government Administration, 201-500 Employees

"TIme Saver"

Comments: Working with Qualtrax has improved the laboratory's ability to get documents through the system, track tasks through workflows, and improve quality.

Pros: Since the implementation of Qualtrax software, my workload has decreased as well as mistakes.

Cons: We have used most of the features and have not found anything I don't like. Some of the items require some learning before use.

David B.
QA Manager
Music, 11-50 Employees

"Playing Beat the Clock"

Comments: I've had minimal interaction other than 4-6 2-hour training sessions. I've found representative very able for training.

Pros: When it works, it seems to make sense and operate correctly.

Cons: There are a lot of options to select at every turn, and no obvious guidance about what does and does not make sense for proper setup.

Greg T.
Systems Administrator
  • Reviewed on 26/11/2019

"They Just Get It!"

Comments: The folks at Qualtrax are passionate about their product and it shows whenever you interact with them. They are eager to help and eager to make their product better. They listen to their customer-base and make improvements and enhancements based off that feedback. That's not something you experience very much with today's technology. The people at Qualtrax just understand the importance of what you're doing.

Pros: We have been using Qualtrax since 2012 and we moved to the Hosted version of Qualtrax in 2017. Having control over every aspect of your documents lifecycle, whether hosted or not, is powerful. And Qualtrax is a powerful application. Complete control over you documents, processes, workflows, testing and training. The most exciting part for me from an administrative and IT front - this is THE most worry-free application we use. It works flawlessly and reliably!

Cons: I wish there were more video tutorials or vlogs on how to get the most out of Qualtrax (Workflows - yes please!). Qualtrax support is top notch though and they have no problems with getting what you need in a timely fashion. I just want more!

• Reviewed on 26/11/2019
Kelsey S.
Quality Associate
Research, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/02/2019

"Flexible, User Friendly Quality System"

Comments: We have fully automated periodic review of documents and have successfully and easily integrated newly acquired sites into our Quality Management system utilizing the bulk upload and automatic approval features. We are staying compliant with competency testing through use of the training module which tracks required, completed, and incomplete training and allows expiry of training each year. Qualtrax support is always great, very response, and able to provide admin level users with great support through user forums and resource documents. We are also able to troubleshoot our own on-prem instance through access to error logs.

Pros: The flexibility of the Qualtrax software is by far the biggest selling point. The customizable and configurable workflows have helped our organization go almost entirely paper free in our Change Control, Deviation, CAPA and A/P invoice process. We are also looking to add additional workflows in the near future for software access and Action Item tracking.

Cons: There are some limitations with reporting on training matrices that are a bit frustrating as we have to manually track training curriculums.

Michael M.
Quality Assurance Engineer
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/02/2019

"AWESOME PRODUCT AWESOME PEOPLE"

Comments: Our overall experience with Qualtrax has been wonderful! We have been users for over a decade and have watched this company evolve catering to our specific needs. Every issue has been resolved and done so in a very timely and ethical manner. The AHA site makes for a great and easy way to offer suggestions and also to receive support. Our company has had a ROI equivalent to 100's of thousands of dollars with the implementation of Qualtrax workflows. Qualtrax is a powerful tool for effectively maintaining a quality management system within your business. A few months ago the president visited our site here in northern Virginia just to check in on us. How awesome is that!!! As a customer it was very cool to see them take the time to visit our facility and see Qualtrax in action and address any concerns that we may have had. So again, our experience as a whole has been A++++!! Thanks Qualtrax for standing behind your product as well as you do!!

Pros: USER FRIENDLY
CUSTOMER SERVICE
Workflows

Cons: THE LOOK OF THE INBOX PAGE. KINDA BORING...

Kimberly A.
Quality and Safety Manager
Veterinary, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/02/2019

"Essential Tool"

Comments: I was handed the Qualtrax platform during my first days on the job and instructed to implement it across the laboratory branch system. The customer support was and is still incredible. The software effortlessly expands to meet our needs. The product development team is constantly adapting and improving the functionality of the system. One of the best gems of Qualtrax is the Users conference that even after 5 years of using the system, still allows me to expand my knowledge of the software.

Pros: Electronic reminders for due date, revisions and document reviews.
Workflow module for tracking equipment, CAPAS, customer feedback and a multitude of other activities that are critical to lab management.

Cons: The calendar feature on the dashboard has never been useful

• Reviewed on 12/02/2019
Rebecca R.
Quality System Administrator
Consumer Services, 51-200 Employees

"Qualtrax Review"

Comments: Overall my experience has been a positive one. Our auditors are pleased, it is easy to use and convenient for keeping our many SOP's organized and controlled.

Pros: Support is ALWAYS there to help! I have sent emails after business hours and they have responded promptly, pleasantly, and most importantly, informatively! I can't say enough how great the support team is. Qualtrax works hard to keep everyone informed about their updates and new features. I have never met a team so helpful and up to date with the times. Their customer interference is beyond great, they are always happy to communicate and always respectful. We've had many audits where our customer's have complimented us on our ability to quickly retrieve documents and provide proof of training, reviews, archives, drafts, etc. We have given all the credit to Qualtrax.

Cons: It was difficult to keep up with the updates when it was the responsibility of our IT team, with how busy they are within our company. But Qualtrax has already solved this issue with the cloud sharing. Now they take care of all the updates for us!

Michelle R.
Quality Assurance Officer
Environmental Services, 51-200 Employees

"Qualtrax is awesome!"

Comments: Qualtrax is an invaluable asset for maintaining our document control and process management. It allowed us to be better prepared for an audit to maintain our compliance within the environmental laboratory accreditation standards. The Qualtrax Onsite Trainer was awesome and ensured that we were confident in using the software. He also helped us expand our tracking capabilities and elevate our compliance system from file cabinets and share drives to a high level, extremely organized compliance system that is all in one location.

Pros: *Easy installation with built in templates
*Easy to train staff on how to use software
*Audit preparation features built in (Document management, Process management Testing and Training, etc.)
*Help Window opens in a separate window so you can view the steps while simultaneously working within your Qualtrax system
*Can share templates with other Qualtrax users

Cons: *Work flows can be a little confusing at first (but the Customer Support Team will assist you with tailoring the workflow templates to your specific needs)

Meggan M.
Forensic Scientist
Public Safety, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/01/2019

"Great for organization, great customer support!"

Comments: Qualtrax is a great tool for organizing information, helps eliminate paper with workflows, and is easily accessible. And their customer support is absolutely wonderful. They are quick to respond and always able to help!

Pros: I have been using Qualtrax for over 5 years and my favorite thing about it is the ability to easily organize a lot of stuff. We've found that having everything in one place really helps with keeping things up to date and quickly finding things.

Cons: I really like all of Qualtrax, but if I had to pick one thing that I'd like to see improved, it would be to more easily set up email reminders, especially for workflows.

• Reviewed on 24/01/2019