• Overall
    4.4 /5
    4.3 /5
  • Customer Service Software
    4.3 /5

About Paycor

Streamline HR and payroll processes and get fast access to employee data using one intuitive platform.

Learn more about Paycor

Showing 1,957 reviews

Andy N.
Co-CEO
Food & Beverages, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/03/2020

"Lots of Headaches, Poor Support"

Comments: Moving from paper onboarding processes, Paycor has brought clear improvements to our workflows. However, the consistently poor customer support and the Paycor team's lack of ability to resolve issues with our account has us exploring other options.

Pros: Scheduling - Pro version offers a team chat function that is a decently effective team communication tool (think simple Slack), and offers solid scheduling flexibility for employee scheduling that fits our business needs. We needed an option that allowed employees to communicate their availability on a week-to-week basis and Paycor's option largely supports that. Easy to learn - really, the system is pretty easy to learn and get up to speed for new users. Onboarding - certainly offered a cleaner and easier onboarding experience for new hire paperwork than our prior system.

Cons: Customer support - Support teams seem overwhelmed at all times. You never reach "your" customer service rep as they are busy serving 300 other clients like you. They lack follow through on completing tasks (expect to do some hand-holding) and follow up communication is poor. Integration - no real ownership from the implementation team to help us successful onboard. Communication from Paycor team was severely lacking throughout the onboarding process. Multi-systems - ATS, Scheduling, Benefits, and HR are really 4 separate systems integrated together. They mostly play nicely until they don't. Makes for an awkward user experience at times too. Buggy - We have experienced on-going software issues that have yet to reach a resolution. Feedback from us and other Paycor users in the Paycor Ideas channel seems to show a small response, desire, or ability to make improvements from user suggestions.

by Paycor on 17/03/2020

Hi Andy, thank you for your feedback. I just wanted to let you know that we value your insights and I have shared them with the team to help us improve. In the meantime, if there is anything I can do to improve your experience, please email me at [email protected] We hope you have a wonderful day.

• Reviewed on 04/03/2020
Dione J.
Payroll/Admin Asst
Philanthropy, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/06/2018

"Paycor Perform is my first system of this type"

Comments: Aside from the following issues, I've had some very friendly & helpful service. I do not have other experience with programs/companies like this to compare functionality/quality so it is really difficult for me to discern some of the ratings.
1) Some people in the same departmental/hr vs t&a vs payroll areas do things differently so if your rep is busy and doesn't respond to your e-mails for a week, a new person does not understand some of your functions. 2) I've had trouble with my reporting features not providing correct information and it worries me that there might be even more higher priority type items that are also not reporting or working correctly. 3) The two sides are not cohesive, such as calling someone a manager on one side and a supervisor on the other. I like that you can make them two different people, but calling them different names is confusing.

Pros: Almost always receive friendly helpful service. There are many options for customization. Mostly an easy to read and use interface.

Cons: If you don't set it up, some of the additional benefit/functions are very difficult to understand. I often have trouble setting up various items and would like to have a preview/test button before I share something to everyone, etc. The "OK" button after punching in/out is causing many double punches from people pressing Enter on their keyboards. Many employees complained for the lack of insight & instruction to the changes on this when they were made and do not think this particular interface is user friendly.

• Reviewed on 21/06/2018
Rhonda W.
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 Employees

"Paycor Review"

Comments: My overall experience has been very good. I will say, however, this year I feel like the customer support has declined.

Pros: It's very easy to navigate. I can usually find my answers to questions on the website

Cons: I have some trouble with reports. I wish they were a little more easy to manage

Tracie L.
Senior Financial Analyst
Accounting Software, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/02/2018

"Paycor handles it all and saves time and money for our organization!"

Comments: Paycor is a one-stop shop with our organization, it manages our time and attendance as well as all our payroll processing and handles all the payroll taxes and filings as well as employee W2's. It is easy to use, they provide exceptional customer service, and it saves time each time you process payroll! It is very cost efficient and allows you to focus on other aspects of your job because they handle it all!

Pros: That it handles all payroll processing tasks, its affordable, and the customer services is phenomenal! They are always ready to assist you and they do so in a timely manner, you don't have to wait around for hours or days, they are ready immediately to handle all your needs no matter what and if they do have to get back with you, it is within a very small window of time usually with in the hour.

Cons: Some of our reporting needs were not addressed, but we have been able to have them create custom reports for us, instead of us being able to create exactly what we needed.

• Reviewed on 20/02/2018
Deidra C.
Finance Secretary / Treasurer
Philanthropy, 51-200 Employees

"Easy to use"

Pros: Very easy to use, easy to check your work, quick payroll turn around time. Entering new employees is easy. Updating automatic payroll deductions make sense and when doing a group of employees for the same deduction, it is easy to update and make changes. When I call in with a problem or question, I always get a live person quickly.

Cons: I wish there was a way that when processing payroll, I could get to a person's time card to check hours more quickly. When I'm in the process of payroll and something doesn't look right or there is a big difference in hours and I'd like to check the hours, there is no easy click to bring up the employees time card. I get out of the processing, go to manage and then the person then the time card. I just wish there was a way to do that process more quickly.

Krissy V.
Investment Manager
Real Estate, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/09/2019

"Easily Manage Time cards through Paycor"

Comments: I use Paycor to clock in/clock out at my community, as well as submit PTO and benefit requests.

Pros: Paycor is very user-friendly, and provides several tools to help manage time sheets, access company documents, review benefits and more. It has a very clean interface, and is extremely simple to navigate from the moment of onboarding through the duration of employment.

Cons: Paycor is difficult to change/cancel/adjust time off. I struggle with the time off section and often have to just delete the PTO submitted and resubmit when there is an error.

• Reviewed on 18/09/2019
Lauren B.
Administrative Manager
Hospitality, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/04/2021

"Fine Product with Horrible Support"

Comments: Awful. I haven't solved anything because most of my issues were glossed over or never addressed. I regret ever recommending this switch to our executives.

Pros: Paycor is relatively intuitive and easy to use on a base level. Compared to ADP Workforce Now, it's really simple to find what you need.

Cons: We were promised a dedicated support team, which we were never provided due to a switch to a centralized support model. Our "senior" implementation specialist was awful and did not fully set our system up. It took 4 months (2 of which were after we began processing our payroll) to have our PTO plans set up and then they weren't even set up correctly. Their tax handling leaves a lot to be desired. Their customer support might as well not exist, despite having multiple ways to contact them. Submitting support tickets on their website doesn't work, emailing their support department is useless, and calling them will end up resulting in 5+ hour wait times. It took 5 months to get PTO set-up on a different client and the only reason I was able to have that occur is because I literally searched for people on LinkedIn who worked as managers in CS, guessed their email, and happened to be correct. They are extremely expensive for what you get and do not offer transparent pricing. One of our client codes is our non-profit arm and would randomly have taxes added on to our bill and then never refunded. Paycor has done the exact opposite of everything we were promised and the only reason we are still with them is because I cannot get someone on the phone to cancel our contract. There is also minimal control of company-settings so you're forced to rely on non-existent help to ultimately do nothing. Do yourself a favor and avoid this company at all costs.

• Reviewed on 13/04/2021
Mike P.
Defense & Space, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/02/2021

"Grossly Misrepresented"

Comments: • Errors: placed in wrong policy groups, PT/FT, PTO eligibility, Holiday eligibility, no accrual codes, one employee was not imported at all, managers were not imported so everyone was own manager, marital statuses were incorrect, no one was able to correct their tax withholdings, pay period date mismatch, two false account cancellation notices, …
• No PTO balances kept us using Zenefits for PTO for a while.
Communication
• Not led through the process or informed of steps, precautions, what was or was not going to happen.
• At least two no-shows for implementation Zoom meetings.
• Calls have many times been too short and then cut off for next meeting.
• Days without responses, even after our prompts for answers.
• Passing the buck.
• Did first payroll without expressing that our employees would not receive any notification or means for viewing pay stub. They didn’t even have accounts yet.
Integration
• Paycor was “supposed” to integrate with our 401(k) retirement provider. Paycor withheld the employees’ deductions but did not transfer the funds to the employee retirement accounts, they did not even integrate with the provider, and never informed us of any of this. We found out by accident after two biweekly payrolls have passed. “We” then had to manually enter all the transactions due to Paycors negligence to perform and communicate.
• Our medical benefits are still not integrated after several weeks and we are told it will be at least another six weeks. Therefore, we stil

Pros: We can use our own benefits broker - supposedly.

Cons: Capabilities
• No onboarding as discussed during sales and signup. Sales promised the World.
• Timecard approvals are meaningless because it does not prevent the timecard from being changed afterward. Even after it was approved by the employee, the employee’s supervisor, and the company administrator. There can be no quality control over the accuracy of timecards.
• Nobody (employees, supervisors, etc.) can approve or lock timecards until after pay period, which is normally on a Friday for most companies. This is very impractical for alternate work schedules, holidays, vacations, etc.
• The company Document Library for employees will only accept PDF files. Even though Excel and Word are two of the most used document types in business, they cannot be stored on our Paycor “Document” Library because they are not PDF.
• Tracking and paying our Contractors/Consultants/1099NEC’s is still not working after several weeks and has cost us much money, stress, confusion, frustration and time. Registration questions and interface are confusing and sometime not applicable. The system tries to pay them as employees and tax them the same way, etc.
Implementation
• Implementation Team forgot to include some deductions from paychecks.
• Several items not imported by Implementation Team, then “we” were told to “just” go in and manually correct it for all our contractors and employees.

by Paycor on 26/02/2021

Hi Mike - Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I just wanted to let you know that we value your feedback in regards to the sales and implementation process and I have shared them with the team to help us improve. Thank you!

• Reviewed on 12/02/2021
Kim M.
Human Resources Manager
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 Employees

"Paycor Services Review"

Comments: Overall experience has not been a positive experience. Customer service being at the forefront. We have a dedicated customer service relations manager, however, when raising concerns he has not resolved these and only directs back to our customer service contact.

Pros: 1) I do like that there are a variety of options that we can utilize with payroll, HR, time and attendance, performance management, applicant tracking and benefits.

Cons: 1) Customer Support is poor! Each service (Payroll, Time&Attendance, HR) have their own support contacts. When trying to reach them, they are never available via phone. You have the capability to e-mail directly but don't always get a fast response (fast to me is within 12-24 hours). I have to continuously send follow-up e-mails to check on status of issues or questions.
2) They have a variety of different systems to use (payroll, HR, applicant tracking) but each system does not always talk well to each other since they were different technologies that created them. For example, the applicant tracking system was under Newton Software so they handled any technical issues.
3) There are different roles in the system and when asking for how-to guides for these roles, for example a manager role, I was told I needed to test and create myself as each system is unique.
4) I came in after the organization had started using their services. As a new person in my role, I wanted to find out what functionalities that we have available to us as I know there are more functionalities available but have not been provided with what these are, only learn as I go or if I ask the right questions. There is training provided but again that is very brief and doesn't go deep into what the system can do. The reason Paycor states can't provide as each client is unique. Very unfortunate as would like to get the most bang for our buck!

Scott A.
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/02/2018

"Great application with constant improvements"

Comments: Saved me hours on finding cover for shifts, arranging shift swaps, and the abilty to create a schedule template it is wonderful and saves me a lot of hours every week!

Pros: I like the ease of use, the fact I can create templates then impliment them. The chats a great additional feature for team communications. I love the fact my team can all swap/trade shifts, drop them, arrange cover, and pick up overtime shifts all without really having to come to a manager. This feature alone saves me countless hours and headaches every week! Their customer support team is awesome any issues I've ever had they have resolved for me! All in all its a great application with great potential!

Cons: They are implimenting updates all the time and working on their bugs. That being said I have came across a few but they have always solved the bugs eventually. Some additional features I would add is more choice of custom availblity repeats, at the moment its only daily or weekly, fortnightly and montly would be good.

• Reviewed on 28/02/2018
Penny G.
Benefits Specialist
Nonprofit Organization Management, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/12/2020

"Paycor"

Comments: Overall, my experience with Paycor is not positive.

Pros: The thing I like most about this software is the ability to send new hires an email so they can complete some paperwork before their first day like tax information and I-9.

Cons: The thing I like least about this software is how it is not intuitive and different tasks require multiple steps and clicks in different windows which is time consuming.

by Paycor on 23/12/2020

Hi Penny - Thank you for your feedback. I just wanted to let you know that we value your insights on the product and I have shared them with the team to help us improve. In the meantime, if there is anything I can do to improve your experience, please email me at [email protected] Have a great day!

• Reviewed on 10/12/2020
Shaun d S.
Business Owner
  • Reviewed on 18/07/2018

"I really wish I had found this early on in one of my projects!"

Comments: It allowed us to track when employees were actually present for their shifts. We used to have the honor system but as we all know.....it wasn't the smartest thing to do because we were always on the phone and texting checking in. Parycor took all of the guess work out of it. If they don't clock in.....they have no access to anything else to do their job.

Pros: Time and attendance tracking was paramount. Especially for a start-up that I was helping get set-up. It's cloud based so no expensive software/hardware needed. HR and Payroll was paramount since employees are spread out across the East Coast so if there was an issue, we weren't bothered with minor details, Paycor was right on it.

Cons: No integration into QBO. Have used QB for several years and our tax/accounting firm is very used to it for quarterly filings. After some digging around we found a fix however Paycor was adamant that everything stayed in their platform. That's why the 3 star for Customer Support because I spent many hours pulling my hair trying to get the integration.

• Reviewed on 18/07/2018
Bruce F.
Medical Practice, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/06/2018

"I have found Paycor's payroll platform to be relatively easy to use."

Comments: Some of the group that has been assigned to our call center are not adequately trained in Consumer Directed Services and don't understand this business model.

Pros: I like the ability to print payroll paystubs, some of the reports and the user friendliness of the payroll input.

Cons: I was told initially that I could print a useable quarterly report for the state requirement. Since we have 15 or so employer reports to merge for that report, it has been quite challenging to get an appropriate report created with accurate data. Also, it is quite frustrating to log in multiple times per day and have to plug in a code that has been texted to me. Currently, we are code free which has been nice.

Michele C.
Office Manager/HR/Project Manager
51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/02/2018

"Paycor is a wonderful platform to work on and with!!"

Comments: We are able to pay our employees, capture wage history and tax information.

Pros: Selecting Paycor was one of the best decisions we made! It integrates flawlessly with our QuickBooks application as well as our time entry system. The platform is very user friendly and allows for entry of all deductions, additions and bonuses as well as tracking all changes to pay rate. It also has a robust reporting system. The best part about Paycor though, is their friendly customer service department. They take care of any questions and issues right away and always follow up to ensure their solution took care of the issue.

• Reviewed on 15/02/2018
Casey D.
HR Manager
Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/10/2016

"Paycor Perform has helped automate our payroll and HR functions"

Comments: We have been using Perform Time for over 2 years and love the software and customer support. Payroll and reporting is a breeze now! The quarterly updates always have added functions that provide a robust user experience. We added the HR module about a year ago and like this product as well. It still has a few glitches and some functionalities are scheduled for future updates, but overall the product is solid and fairly easy to use.

Pros: Robust product
Great updates
Fantastic customer support

Cons: Sometimes it is difficult to figure out how to perform certain functions and the help area needs to be better organized and more intuitive.
System crashes from time to time
Perform time and HR modules don't seem to communicate seamlessly

Sue M.
Director of Compensation
Hospitality, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/11/2016

"So glad we switched to Paycor"

Comments: One year ago we went from an in-house payroll processing system to Paycor for our time and payroll needs. We reviewed several options and I feel strongly that we made the right choice! The web based system is very user friendly for our employees, our managers & payroll staff. From employee access to scheduling to HR records retention to payroll & taxes - the integrated system makes managing our labor much more efficient. Reporting is easily customized and very useful. The customer service support we receive is prompt, attentive, from knowledgeable resources. Switching to Paycor was one of the best system changes we have made recently.

Pros: User friendly, intuitive system. Easy for multiple managers to access while limiting the overall information that can be viewed.

Cons: some limitations on the scheduling costing functions, but quarterly updates do address consumer suggestions - maybe this improvement will be added soon.

Monica B.
Market Research Software, 11-50 Employees

"Performance software"

Comments: I switched to Paycor Perform from another payroll company about 3 years ago. The software I was using at the other company was so outdated. The sales person from Paycor was very helpful and ensured a seamless transition between the two. We have been using the software for three years and have seen upgrades continue to happen. It is an easy to use software and most things you can figure out just by tinkering around. If you can't, just call your Paycor support person. Paycor's customer support has been great.

Pros: Ease of use!

Cons: The communication from Paycor Time and Attendance to Perform is a bit bumpy, but I know that Paycor Time is coming and will resolve that.

Chad J.
Oil & Energy, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/11/2019

"Paycor is Easy to use"

Comments: Great support, ease of use

Pros: Ease of use
Interaction with benefits package

Cons: Need more stock reports
Report writer should be easier

• Reviewed on 19/11/2019
Christine S.
Accountant - Payroll and Benefits
Wholesale, 51-200 Employees

"Paycor is Great!"

Comments: I've worked with ADP, Paychex and Paycor throughout my background in Payroll and Benefits and have found Paycor to offer the services of a big corporation while offering a small company feel relating to customer support. My dedicated rep knows our company and I don't need to go through a lot of detail when calling to address an issue. Great service, prompt work and follow up when anything needs addressed and a real feel of working hand-in-hand to meet our payroll requirements.

Pros: I like how easy it is to use the software, very "user friendly"

Cons: Inability to stay with "old" when new upgrades are made to the program

Barb U.
Human Resource Manager
Printing, 51-200 Employees

"Paycor Review"

Comments: I am happy with the Paycor software and overall quality of the program and customer support. Recently, though, I have experienced some changes in my support team, and that is concerning to me. I realize that people move on and positions change, but I hope the changes are over and the development of the teaming aspect can begin. The system is easy to use, but the layout of the items on various screens sometimes has me wondering. I seem to have to jump around to find what I am looking for. There could be better logic to the layout. Pricing is competitive.

Pros: Easy set up.

Cons: Logic of some of the items on the screens

Allison J.
HR Manager
Facilities Services, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/10/2016

"Paycor Perform Review- Coastal Ridge Real Estate"

Comments: I enjoy having a dedicated specialist to help when issues arise vs. going to a call center. I understand Paycor is a relatively new company and is still working to develop certain functionality. I have already seen great enhancements in the 10 months of being with Paycor. One area where I see improvement needed is the reporting function. There are not some standard reports, such as turnover reports available, and it is hard to pull historical reports. Every time I try, it pulls data that I know is not accurate.
We just implemented the Benefits module yesterday. One thing that would be nice is if you could set up one enrollment event for all new hires. The current functionality requires you to set up a new enrollment event for each new month and does not automatically pick up when someone is eligible based off of their hire date.

Pros: Easy to navigate.

Cons: Reporting needs some work. Continued enhancements to make it a comprehensive HR/Benefits/Payroll/Timekeeping software.

Gigi G.
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 Employees

"Amazing Experience"

Comments: My overall experience is just amazing. I will never change! Loyal Customer!

Pros: It is easy to use, customer service is always available to answer your questions. I haven't had an issue that Customer Service hasn't helped me before. Overall, it is a great experience and a user-friendly system.

Cons: How manual can be sometimes for some of the modules. I think overall is great but would love to be able to automated a bit more.

Joy D.
Executive Assistant
Hospital & Health Care, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/06/2020

"It's okay"

Comments: There are better software's out there. We ended up doing more work-around.

Pros: Online features we thought would benefit our company. The time clocks were going to be a step up from what we had.

Cons: Customers Service was spotty. There were times paychecks wouldn't arrive.
Price was not worth the hassle

by Paycor on 02/07/2020

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! We really appreciate you taking the time to leave this review. We would love to learn more about your experience. Please email us at [email protected] to share more about your experience and how we could improve.

• Reviewed on 11/06/2020
Sherry H.
Accountant/HR
Restaurants, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/02/2018

"Staff is Knowledge able about products and the package we use"

Comments: Saves a lot of time when it comes to entering and tracking payroll. Tracking employee history is a breeze.

Pros: Reports are user friendly. Easy to build your own. Pay grids are easy to read and understand, are able to arrange columns to flow to your needs. Can transfer employee data from one company to another.

Cons: Some of the fields need to be able to be adjustable when it comes to adjusting "defaults". Need more room for writing notes.

• Reviewed on 22/02/2018
Damon G.
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/06/2018

"Ease of mind"

Comments: It would be nice to page down employee to employee to view time punches to verify times

Pros: Takes the tax handling out of my worries. Easy to see hours worked and overtime approaching. Very accurate

Cons: The time dashboard is not quite efficient. Every week there are time punch mistakes. When I go to edit a time punch, getting back to the main page with all of the listings is a bit of a pain. You have to start the whole process from stage 1.

• Reviewed on 16/06/2018