InvGate Service Desk Reviews

• Overall
    4.6/5
    4.7/5
    4.7/5

About InvGate Service Desk

Intuitive web-based service desk software to manage, analyze, and automate your IT service support.

Learn more about InvGate Service Desk

Andrés camilo G.
IT Manager Authorized Distributor at ESET Colombia
Information Technology & Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/02/2019

"This the best Helpdesk cloud based software"

Comments: We were a company which, being a provider of IT services, presented many problems associated with the service to our external clients, which is why after defining a strategy for the implementation of a help desk. After evaluating several solutions from the market, we made the decision to use Invgate Servicedesk since in addition to being aligned with ITIL, it allows the implementation of a service table in a quick and friendly way, the reports are quite detailed and the best is the gamification.

Pros: Currently we are working to relaunch our help desk, because after the good reception of the clients we saw the need to adjust several additional options of the product.

Cons: No Mobile App available for the users Android and IOS

Windy H.
Senior Technical Program Manager
  • Reviewed on 24/06/2020

"Stunningly beautiful yet powerful!"

Comments: We wanted a Service Desk solution that is easy to use and yet can accomodate complex workflow, InvGate Service Desk can answer all of these.
I have used ServiceNow & Heat, those products are very verbose in terms of wording. InvGate SD is concise less word but more to usable actions.
I would recommend this highly to other people looking for ITSM solution.

Pros: - Easy to setup and easy to understand on daily usage, the relations between grouping, help desk and catalog is superb.
- Query builder is the one I like most, consistency across the system, you learn once and you can use similar familiar query.
- Gamification is fun!

Cons: Built-in integrations to other platform or service is somewhat rather limited. But workaround for webcall and inbound API is welcome.

• Reviewed on 24/06/2020
Greg D.
Assistant Director of Database Services
Primary/Secondary Education, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/06/2017

"InvGate Service Desk Review"

Comments: InvGate is a pretty good product overall. There are a lot of little annoyances, but if they were to fix these, it could be a pretty great product.

Pros: Affordable
Easy to setup
Ability to use variables when creating a ticket
Ability to add observers and collaborators to a ticket
Easy to do things like reassign and escalate

Cons: No Due Date field unless you use SLAs
No ability to delete a comment or edit a comment
If you add a comment before selecting Solve (which ultimately closes the ticket), you have to enter your solution again and select Solve for your solution to show up as the resolution
If you added a comment to a ticket when the owner has an out of office notification turned on in their email, the out of office email would create a new ticket
When printing out a lit of tickets for a user, the font is so small, it's hard to read. Took me a while to come up with a roundabout way to do it so that it was easily readable.
Each comment in a ticket doesn't have the day and time the comment was made. You get more general time stamps like "14 hours ago", "2 weeks ago", or "a month ago". Would be useful to know the date and time so that you can tell if something was done at the end of the day or the beginning.

• Reviewed on 16/06/2017
Product Manager
Warehousing, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/10/2019

"Service Desk has made our support manageable"

Comments: Despite it not being perfect, Service Desk has changed our support queue from being unmanageable to having everything tracked in one place, with time stamps and a request is never missed. Setup could be easier, but once complete, I would highly recommend this to a company looking to streamline their end-user support.

Pros: -Very good end-user experience
-Never miss a request
-Integration with JIRA
-Application integration (widgets)

Cons: -Setup is tedious
-Getting the correct permissions for all agents/users is a frustrating experience
-Somewhat confined to canned reports with little customization

• Reviewed on 23/10/2019
Cristian M.
IT Manager
Hospital & Health Care, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/11/2019

"Service Desk Invgate"

Pros: It is a visually beautiful tool. The operation is intuitive. It is easy to install and configure

Cons: it would be missing that the entry of the initial information of the users in the requirements is improved

• Reviewed on 13/11/2019
Gerardo F.
Jefe de Infraestructura de Sistemas
501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/06/2018

"Very easy to use"

Comments: Organize my help desk support

Pros: Personalization is the best option of this soft. is a tool that is modeled to the extent of the help desk you want to create.

Cons: In my understanding, the lack of quick search for support tickets by user name that created it, is the biggest flaw in the system

• Reviewed on 26/06/2018
Jorge R.
Analista de Procesos de Negocio
Food & Beverages, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/02/2019

"Excellent tool end to end"

Comments: From negotiation to implementation and support, my experience has been excellent. The tool has exceeded the expectations.

Pros: Service Desk is an excellent tool end to end.
It is a tool of rapid implementation, with a short learning curve and very friendly for the administrator and end user.

Cons: I honestly do not have any problem with the tool.

Pablo K.
Gerente de Sistemas
Hospitality, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/02/2019

"Great Helpdesk Software"

Comments: Service Desk was always easy to configure, to use and grow. It made our help desk be more efficient, productive, and accountable

Pros: Easy of use for every user at the company. From experimented to newbies, is the perfect choice to let the helpdesk grow smoothly.

Cons: Invgate need to think about how to help customers on the kickoff stage.

• Reviewed on 08/02/2019
Fernando M.
Soporte Tecnico SR en Sistemas
Hospitality, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/02/2019

"is a very good product that optimizes the time in solving complaints and problems of users."

Comments: InvGate Service Desk, is a very good product that optimizes the time in solving complaints and problems of users. Organize and plan better the work to be done.

Pros: The ease which the user can enter a problem, and the work order that allows.

Cons: The reports that can be generated with the system are impractical and visually poor.

• Reviewed on 17/02/2019
Lucas C.
IT Coordinator
Hospitality, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/03/2019

"Usability at its best"

Comments: We reduce telephone calls, improving the speed of response, through the use of the knowledge base.

Pros: The best thing that Service Desk has is its dashboard and knowledge base.

Cons: As a point to improve, I would incorporate project management for those requirements that require more time and resources.

• Reviewed on 12/03/2019
Brian W.
Director of IT Support
Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/06/2018

"Our experience with the InvGate Service Desk has been excellent"

Comments: I have been able to simplify many processes for our business and provide one place for our users to communicate with various departments within the business.

Pros: There are many things that I enjoy but the ability to customize the product to handle whatever situation our business has is a major pro. I have been able to setup tickets and workflows for many different departments within the business that helps simplify processes for them. The gamification process adds a unique experience for our agents and allows for friendly competition. The InvGate service desk also provides a better visual experience for our agents and end users compared with our previous product. It allows the agents to better tell what is happening with a quick view of the dashboards and the tickets assigned to them so they know what they need to work on.

Cons: I would like to see more built in templates for the badge system including icons that are built in as well. It would also be nice to have multiple views for coins earned for agents rather than the standard 60 days rolling period.

Lori L.
Manager Desktop Services
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/09/2019

"Service Desk organizes our day."

Comments: I love the fact that the users can create there own tickets, it saves my techs a ton of time. We had an issue with SD removing workstations after an amount of time with no respose, but I was able to change the very quickly with the guidance of Invgate. I like the fact that end users can score the techs tickets. There are many reports available, and customizable. I was easily able to customize the service level agreements.

Pros: Ease of use and configuration.
The product creates ticket automatically from emails and phone calls. Our users can create their own tickets which saves us a ton of time. I was able to setup a few groups so that I could setup different level for service.

Cons: My tech support users do not have as much access as I would like them to have.

• Reviewed on 18/09/2019
Sr. Stock Plan Analyst
Internet, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/08/2018

"Easy to Create Ticket, rocky metrics creation"

Comments: Service Desk is a good tool that can use some additional tweaking so that it can remain resourceful while flexible like writing an email.

Pros: I like that the tickets can be designed to be used very simple and you can require any level of detail you'd like from the user. I also like that you can program a search bar for the participant while they are creating a ticket in case they can find the info they are looking. I also like that Service Desk can be integrated with confluence and there is a section in the ticket for the administrator where I can easily reference an article for the client.

Cons: I think the ticketing system is not as flexible as writing a simple email, and I don't like that when you are responding to a person's request you can't really see their original question while you're typing their answer. Also, running a report of all of the questions is very difficult to do in a clean way, and I have to use a legend of my creation in order to translate the code name of the topics to English names.

• Reviewed on 14/08/2018
Chris H.
IT Manger
  • Reviewed on 17/04/2018

"InvGate is very easy to use for both helpdesk and end users. It doesn't try to be a Swiss army knife"

Comments: Organization, problem tracking, time management

Pros: Its simplicity. In looking at similar software packages I found that there were just too many features, too many things crammed into one software. I also found them to be very inflexible, wanting you to run your help desk their way. Their support has been great.

Cons: My only problem is that although InvGate supports SSO through Office 365, they do not have an integrated app within MS Azure. Several other service desk software's do and it makes the login by end users seamless. There is little documentation on how to set it up and it took a little trial and error to get it working so that users can click the "Log In with Office 365" button but it would be so much nicer if there was an Azure app so that it could be added to the O365 launch pad and clicking on it took you right into the service desk.

• Reviewed on 17/04/2018
Jeffrey U.
Network & Systems Administrator
  • Reviewed on 10/04/2018

"The most flexible help desk software ever written. If you can think it, it will do it."

Comments: Ease of use. Ability to create multiple help desk divisions to keep service requests separated. One stop for our end. Great product.

Pros: Ease of use. We developed a short video and within minutes our end users were submitting help desk tickets. I am amazed how much information we can obtain from this software. The triggers and workflows are endless. Invgate support is phenomenal. "No" and "it can't" are not in their vocabulary. New feature development never ends. We have asked and they have created. One of the best choices we have ever made.

Cons: Active Directory integration is lacking features. I have submitted my ideas and what other programs are doing with AD and the Invgate team is working on it so this won't be a "Con" for long.

• Reviewed on 10/04/2018
Maria victoria G.
Incident Manager
  • Reviewed on 25/06/2018

"We are very satisfied with the tool. We are incorporating more and more services, not just IT"

Comments: The benefits we have to use Invgate are the administration of the tool, fast response to needs or configurations, knowledge base

Pros: What I like most about Invgate is how easy it is to configure.
The predisposition and fast response of the support before our consultations or inconveniences. And they are always working to offer improvements

Cons: A point to improve is related to the updates of the version of the tool. Most of the times we had to do an update of the tool we made many tests and found a bug, and when we believe that everything is OK to be able to implement it in production, an error occurs.

Craig E.
IT Technician
Education Management, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/06/2018

"Great value for the money"

Comments: We are able to integrate several departments together into one solution and to take care of all of our in-house forms with Invgate.

Pros: My employer and I reviewed several solutions and none of them combined the level of features with affordability like Invgate. The workflow solution was a game changer for us.

Cons: Some of the setup could benefit from being a little easier to use. Sometimes when you are setting things up the whole process gets monotonous and could be made a little easier. But you can't argue with the end product.

• Reviewed on 28/06/2018
Igor V.
Android Developer
  • Reviewed on 23/08/2018

"I use the Service Desk as a smart bid control"

Pros: The developers of the product support small companies and provide a tariff with a fixed amount of payment, amounting to 10 USD per month, and this is not very suitable for us, because we employ about two dozen people. But for small companies this is undoubtedly a plus. In my work, I mostly use reports and analytics, which are very well designed visually and practical - they are simple, functional and easy to use.

Cons: The tariff with a fixed amount of payment is calculated for three people. If a team of 4-5 people, and this can be considered small, you need to pay about 100 USD per month, which is too expensive.

• Reviewed on 23/08/2018
Jefe de normas y procesos
  • Reviewed on 16/07/2018

"satisface to use a easy software"

Pros: it is a very easy software to use and configure, adapt to our business needs.
provides stability in the ejecution process,
the time customer support its satisfactory
its is softwate that is kept in constant updates

Cons: the relationship Price vs Product it's not agreement.
the report module its very complicate to use and configure,
dara extraction is complicated

• Reviewed on 16/07/2018
Nikolay K.
Computer Software, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/09/2018

"Convenient service, which allows solving many tasks at the enterprise"

Pros: This service has many functions and at the same time is easy to install and use. If you do not have any experience with products, it will take 30-40 minutes to install and configure the software. So I'll say that before you a cool service that allows you to set up work processes and accelerate the work in teams, with a minimum of effort and time. I am also happy about the possibility of integration with other programs, for example, Confluence.

Cons: I think that the only drawback of all such products is their high cost. Otherwise, I did not have any complaints.

• Reviewed on 23/09/2018
Martin D.
CTO
Pharmaceuticals, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/07/2018

"Great solution."

Comments: more control over the user request, more users happy, more business value added.

Pros: you can add a simple workflow in seconds or a complex one in minutes. is easy put your own process to work.
The integration with Active Directory works great.

Cons: If you want go for a medium complex implementation, you will need consultancy. The setup is easy, the support is fine, but is not enough.
More integration with Office 365 will be necessary soon.

• Reviewed on 23/07/2018
Rene M.
Director of Health Information Management/CIO
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/06/2018

"Quick to get started with excellent support. Easy to use with added functionality."

Comments: The tracking and management if service desk requests and updates to the users as to status. Dashboard reports to continually monitor performance. The support for electronic workflows is an bonus feature that has value.

Pros: The user interface is intuitive for quick adoption. Electronic workflows with forms management allows us to incorporate many business approval processes into a user request.

Cons: Have not had any issues or complaints that are of any major concern. Possibly more built in dashboard reports to work from that can be quickly adapted rather than start form scratch.

• Reviewed on 22/06/2018
Tim B.
IT Network Operations Manager
Banking, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/06/2018

"Very easy to use, nice looking interface."

Pros: Good looking, simple to use interface. Does everything we need, without being overly complicated. Support is very responsive, and includes our requests in future versions frequently. Our end users really like it, too.

Cons: Can't think of many cons with Service Desk. Only con I can think of is the licenses are per user and not transferrable to another user.

• Reviewed on 21/06/2018
David P.
IT Specialist
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/06/2017

"Best Service Desk solution around"

Pros: We have been using it for over a year now, with no issues at all. Everything we
wanted from the software, it delivered.
Very easy to use, very powerful to fit your needs, and very good customer support.

Cons: No issues so far. Great assistance from Customer support, very reliable. Sometimes times worked on issues do not update correctly.

• Reviewed on 26/06/2017
Director of Platform Support
  • Reviewed on 05/06/2019

"Great option for collaborative, ITIL-focused ITSM"

Comments: Excellent

Pros: Love how easily it let me implement ITIL process and get my team to work together.

Cons: More thought needs to be put into external-customer systems

• Reviewed on 05/06/2019