15 years helping Israeli businesses

Oracle Taleo Cloud Reviews

About Oracle Taleo Cloud

Fast, easy, affordable talent management solutions that enable workforce quality improving and leadership pipeline building.

Learn more about Oracle Taleo Cloud

Pros:

I like the onboarding integration that allows all onboarding paperwork to be done by the employee prior to start (I-9, W-4, Direct Deposit, and a variety of custom created forms).

Cons:

Limited functionality to search and shortlist candidates.

Oracle Taleo Cloud ratings

3.6
3.6
3.7
3.3

6.7/10

Oracle Taleo Cloud has an overall rating of 3.8 out 5 stars based on 175 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Oracle Taleo Cloud before?

Dennis
Dennis
Recruitment Specialist in Philippines
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 10,000+ Employees

Recruiting? It's Taleo!

Comments: It is very great in organizing the recruitment efforts of every company. If you want to have a great applicant tracking system, I suggest use Taleo!

Pros:

Taleo is our applicant tracking system. As a database, it helps us keep track of all job openings, applicants, JDs, and the dates they all happened. Taleo helped us to have good organization in our recruitment efforts. It is very powerful that we can see if an applicant applied to us previously, what position they applied for, and what was the outcome of their application.

Cons:

I think the social sharing portion is a bit unupgraded. There is also no preview of how the sharing will look like so we still manually share it on social media sites, and this is taking some of our precious time. I hope Taleo incorporate social media sites such as FaceBook, and Instagram, and if they do it, I hope they have a great template and photos as well.

parissa
Recruiter in US
Civil Engineering, 10,000+ Employees

Oracle Taleo Ease of Use

Comments: Great overall experience with Taleo once you learn how to use the system. I would recommend to others.

Pros:

It's easy to use, great applicant tracking system and has most functions needed for recruiting.

Cons:

Sometimes when you are inputting a requisition and you submit it, the requisition disappears and does not save in your drafts so you have to start over again. Also, when multiple tabs are open of Taleo and you are reviewing candidate's under one requisition, it will automatically take you to another requisition and their candidates which can cause for some confusion.

Merry
Merry
Sales And Marketing Specialist in UK
Food & Beverages, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Capture your employees and improve performance with taleo

Comments: With that tool we can track the complete data of the employees, the staff and all the information, input and output, tasks and reports, in addition to having a separate use for the human resources department, and in this way perform the complete control of the service With new income with a fresh and complete database, I use it mainly to take control of tasks and employees in my charge in the marketing and finance department, and I collaborate with the control in the human resources department, and simply It is a wonder, it is flexible easy to apply and extremely comfortable, department heads can eliminate all the paperwork of their employees in one day and have a more orderly database and easily locate all records, thanks to this system we can keep more order within the department at any time, no doubt Oracle always takes the lead in all its services worldwide, regardless of the co This is well worth implementing at any time.

Pros:

There are many positive aspects within this system from the versatility that it has in several departments, although its strength is the human resources system where it includes tools that allow you to even register and maintain control of each employee of the company without losing control or losing data, and in this way have more control over the information of the postulate profile, experience, skills, performance, training, and career of human talent, facilitating the evaluation of each person individually, until maintaining actions to keep up to date with each task and reports of the other departments and keep up to date each activity carried out by your subordinates effectively and completely, by having the complete data of the employees entered in case you only perform a search system to keep current employees online and graduates and know their current performance, so evaluate better if your work meets the req standards ueridos or should be helped to improve.

Cons:

The point against which you will notice more within the platform is that it is very difficult to handle, and to learn its use, most of the Oracle systems come with an encrypted system or a language that is not intuitive for users, so this generates a great disadvantage in the product, it is complicated to understand and the reports at the beginning must be configured if you want a quick print, it does not have a previous sample so you may spend a lot on storage space while testing to achieve the ideal alignment, the platform does not It is dynamic, it is not intuitive, you will need a long working time to be able to work and adapt to its management, the implementation can be long and tedious, however I think it is well worth going through all this since the advantages are much greater , and is an excellent internal operations system for your company.

Alessandro
Systems Developer in US
Architecture & Planning, 2–10 Employees

The Qaulity Approach for Business Performance

Comments: Oracle Taleo is the significant solution for helping various businesses in obtaining the right candidates.

Pros:

Oracle Taleo has the mechanisms of managing all the candidates and offering the right details before the employment.

Cons:

Oracle Taleo has all the features that makes every tracking for candidates effective.

Sandy
Director in US
Chemicals, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Consider if you need an all-in-one system

Comments: There are only a handful of full employee life cycle HRISs out there, so if that is of paramount importance, then Taleo is a decent option. However, if it is not, then I would recommend considering a bespoke recruitment system/ATS instead.

Pros:

It offers an integrated HRIS and full range of talent management modules to support the full employee life cycle.

Cons:

The learning curve for administrators and users is rather steep and the user interface is rather dated.

Justin
Sr Manager II. Talent Acquisition in US
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

Lacks Customization

Comments: It’s a love/hate relationship. When you find a positive attribute (email templates) you’re met with a negative one (reporting)

Pros:

The best aspect of OTC is the ability to allow for our various job boards to scrape our active roles from taleo to post to their sites

Cons:

OTC is not a user friendly platform, for both my recruiting team and candidates.

Tiffanie
Tiffanie
Sourcing Specialist in US
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

Taleo for Recruiting

Comments: My experience with Taleo was middle of the road. I think it's good enough, I wouldn't tell everyone to buy it but it does the job.

Pros:

Taleo was the first ATS I used and I thought it was very easy to learn the ins and outs. It wasn't an overly complicated platform and if I needed to find a candidate or process it was very straightforward.

Cons:

Taleo is not the most robust system. You're not going to get all the bells and whistles and it's not going to be the tool you rave and tell all your friends about, but it gets the job done and it's fairly intuitive. Sourcing for candidates is very difficult though.

Wireless, 1,001–5,000 Employees

As a Hiring Manager, I need Taleo

Comments: I have been using Taleo to create requisitions and manage candidates, and I must say that it has been a great experience. The platform has helped me in facilitating the process of finding good candidates very quickly, reducing enormously the amount of time needed to find a person. The user interface is intuitive and easy to navigate, which makes the whole process even more efficient. Overall, I am very satisfied with Taleo and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for an effective recruitment solution.

Pros:

I can only speak for the features as a Hiring Manager. I am responsible to creating the requisition to HR/TA. From my perspective, I find it very easy to use but the most important feature I recognize is the ability to add questions to each requisition and automatically discard applicants based on the answers. That reduces the amount of resumes I have to see to just 10% and most likely we can quickly find good candidate.

Cons:

The interface is probably not the most beautiful one, it is like any other ERP we very basic usability and plain design.

Lily
Lily
Corporate Recruiter in US
, 201–500 Employees

I utilize Taleo for full-lifecycle recruiting

Comments: It captures and organizes a huge number of applicants

Pros:

Taleo is relatively easy to use and has a broad range of functionality. It is also extremely customizable.

Cons:

The user experience leaves something to be desired, it feels outdated. Taleo is not particularly intuitive, and needs stronger integration with other HR systems

Lead Specialist Talent Acquisition Marketing in Poland
Staffing & Recruiting, 10,000+ Employees

Outdated system with poor functionalities

Comments: The system really feels outdated in 2023 and one can feel it while navigating, loading and pulling data.

Pros:

It was hard for me to tell which feature I liked

Cons:

speed of data pulling and loading, lack if intuitiveness, filtering

Candace
RC in US
Insurance Software, 5,001–10,000 Employees

It's an "ok" ATS

Comments: It definitely has some great features. But I was once I am done with a candidate instead of leaving a note for myself to go back in and follow up, I wish I could set a reminder in the system. Would be nice.

Pros:

I've been using this ATS for a little over 6 months. I love mass statusing and electronic emails such as turndowns that go out, without me having to send additional correspondence.

Cons:

Sometimes it goes so slow and I can't have it open in more then 1 window unless I open it in another browser.

Sam
Recruiter in US
Staffing & Recruiting, 11–50 Employees

The nightmare-fueled world of Taleo

Comments: Now that I've learned my way around the platform, I grin and bear it. You'd be better off with almost any other ATS.

Pros:

Once you get over the STEEP learning curve, it becomes a marginally useful tool for tracking your pipeline. The in@taleoinbox feature is quite handy.

Cons:

The search functions are essentially nonfunctional and non-intuitive. If you're trying to find all candidates that experience using a certain tool for example, it is truly a toss-up whethere the results are relevant or not. There's no preview window for the resumes or profiles on search results; you must therefore go search each profile one at a time. Same goes for making edits. CRM pipelines also not visible on list views.

Tina
Sr. Recruiter
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 201–500 Employees

Good ATS and highly customizable

Comments: Good system for large organization

Pros:

- Customizable ATS system - Easy to use as long and you spend the time to set up correctly - Fairly quick to set up - Different products to suit smaller vs. larger customers

Cons:

- Customer service is not good, and difficult to get help if something doesn't work well - Data Migrations don't always work as they should. Take the time to map fields!

Ty
Ty
Owner in US
Human Resources (HR) Software, 501–1,000 Employees

Easy to use but too pricey to be the best

Comments: Better value elsewhere if you don't need Oracle Software for recruiting

Pros:

It is an Oracle product so it implements and snycs with existing software well. Being experienced with other Oracle Software I felt the look of the landing page was positive and it was easy to get around the site!

Cons:

The Price is very high especially if you want "full features." Felt a little nickled and dimed to get all the features we wanted. Salesman was honest but it was frustrating

Muhammad Jamal
Manager in Qatar
Market Research Software, 51–200 Employees

Review of Oracle Taleo Cloud

Comments: Over all, it is user friendly software and 90% it fulfills customer/users needs.Regarding highlighting of comments and notification, pop up message service shall be in place.

Pros:

Easy to operate and create log in account supported by admin teams.Easy to find out the processes, identify errors and reply from the relevant department.All notifications are easily accessible and trackable via email support.

Cons:

Sometime comment or question raised by the line managers in the process are unable to see these are not highlighted properly and no pop up message receives.

Defense & Space

Taleo is a great talent acquisiton software. It isn't as flexible as some of the newer technology.

Comments: I don't know yet

Pros:

I like the TCC use. Integrating between systems seems to be straightforward and user friendly most of the time.

Cons:

Paying by headcount rather than by user. We have employees who are not users, no access to system, but we pay for them per the contract.

connor
analyst in US
Retail, 10,000+ Employees

Good produce but difficult to learn

Pros:

There are a lot of ways to use this product, and the functionality is good. All of our data is accurate and precise

Cons:

Some of the terms are confusing (fill vs hold vs cancelling a req) and teaching these to new users is difficult.

Joe
Director of Employment & Compensation in US

Intuitive for both employer and applicant

Pros:

A pro of this software is that it is intuitive. Also it allows an applicant to maintain a portfolio.

Cons:

A con for this software is that there are not enough analytics. And that means for the employer.

Sulakshana
Head hR in India

A big name connected to a mediocre product

Pros:

1. Oracle attached to the name therefore people will not need to worry about quality. 2. Suitable for large businesses.

Cons:

When you think of Oracle, you can only think of greatness. Unfortunately Taleo does not live up to the mark. The following are the flaws that I have found as a user. 1. Very slow. 2. Too many filters that makes it very confusing for a new user. 3. Not very user friendly as one needs to spend much time in first understanding the product and then use it. 4. Search results are not always accurate. 5. Not as good as its price demands.

Jade
Talent and Change Lead in Australia
Mining & Metals, 10,000+ Employees

Basic Functionality

Pros:

It links through to Oracle so it can bring candidate through to employee seamlessly

Cons:

Limited functionality to search and shortlist candidates

Scott
Driver Operations Manager in US
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51–200 Employees

Very Detailed and in depth recruiting tool

Comments: I used this system as a recruiter for a major trucking company -- Taleo is a great product for storing, managing, and reviewing potential recruits. Job postings are simple enough and allow for quite a bit of in depth detail if needed. From the job seeker side, it is a typical long drawn out process to fill out, and it does lack abilities to pull in correct data from Resumes when loaded. That being said, it is still easy enough to navigate and review even from the recruit side.

Pros:

In depth and very robust in functionality

Cons:

Does not do a great job of grabbing correct data from uploaded resumes.

Greg
HR Director in US
Telecommunications, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Taleo is overpriced but you do get what you pay for.

Pros:

Taleo is a very great tool for anyone involved in recruiting. I have used multiple ATS platforms and Taleo has the most functions of all of them.

Cons:

As I mentioned in the Pros section, Taleo has tons of functions and options. I remember hearing about a car with a heated steering wheel. Albeit that is an option, it isnt needed. The main drawback of Taleo is it has too much. Youre not sure what tool to use and how to use it.

Hospital & Health Care, 10,000+ Employees

Outdated software and poor support

Comments: I didn't choose this product and can only imagine that it used to be a great product.

Pros:

Technically it got the job done. Jobs posted, candidates submit and we can review. But nothing is too easy along the way.

Cons:

Flash based interface means I can't use modern browsers. Klunky and non-intuitive buttons mean I send reviews to the wrong people. Google Analytics integration, while possible was a nightmare to find someone who could help tell us how to do it.

Theresa
Program Coordinator in US
Human Resources (HR) Software, 5,001–10,000 Employees

TM review

Comments: Easy to learn, and navigate.

Pros:

easier to use than the previous system. Less system interruptions, less system down time, faster.

Cons:

I do not have any issues with this software.

Pharmaceuticals

good on the back end, not so much for the user

Pros:

it holds the history of our candidates and applications, so it does what we need it to do. the reporting feature is helpful

Cons:

user interface! this has so much potential, but it is clunky, it takes so many clicks to get where you need to. on the search side, it is also very lacking, as if you click the back button, you have to start over with the search.