15 years helping Israeli businesses

About WordPress

World's most popular software for creating blogs and websites. It is open source software that is free to use.

Learn more about WordPress

Pros:

Wonderful experience using WordPress app and all its rich features for a few years now. I really enjoy building a community, developing friendships, and meaningful discussions along the way.

Cons:

Defective plugins can be a problem when using Wordpress. In some cases, plugins can slow down the performance of a website, and sometimes become a gateway to a hacking attack.

WordPress ratings

4.2
4.1
4.5
4.6

8.6/10

WordPress has an overall rating of 4.6 out 5 stars based on 14,870 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used WordPress before?

Filter reviews (14,870)

Zach
Zach
Director of Sales and Marketing in US
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Why I choose WordPress for my business and my clients

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: Love it.
Love to hate it!
Best Hosting platform out there!

Pros:

Overall best web hosting platform. Access to plugins for every solution. Lots of public documentation to learn from/use. Lots of developers out there. Lots of features with baseline product.

Cons:

Needs a plugin for everything. It can be very difficult to reach peak design & functionality. Very easy to set up basic site.

Stephen
CEO in US
Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

If you're building websites use WordPress it's a must to help you get started and familiar with building websites.

5.0 7 days ago New

Comments: My overall experience with WordPress is pretty good I've been using them for years took me a while to learn how to use a platform as there's a little learning curve but this is the leading standard platform if you're building websites you should start with WordPress as if you master this every other builder will be easy for you to use as most nowadays are drag and drop.

Pros:

WordPress is a universal platform They also have many apps and plugins that you can use with the system there's a slight learning curve with WordPress it's more for advanced users but they do have plugins that allow it even newbies to get started so I love this.

Cons:

I wish WordPress was a little easier to use for newbies but through their plugins system they have pretty much solved this problem.

Jessica
Web Developer & Graphic Designer in US
Internet, Self Employed

Wordpress, NOT for Complete Beginners

Comments: Although Wordpress is a fairly fast and easy way to get website up and running relatively fast, it requires a lot of upkeep, maintenance, and constant monitoring and continuous configuring of code updates and settings to keep running smoothly and safely in the long run. Do not reccomend to complete beginners or novices. Highly recommend to business owners who have a budget for proper upkeep and maintenance.

Pros:

Highly customizable with extensive knowledge and experience

Cons:

Doesn't work out the box, needs a lot of customization and configuring in order to work properly, not for Complete beginners.

Regina
Manager in US
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Freedom In Website Design and Development with Wordpress

Comments: I LOVE It! I've used it for years, and I keep learning new stuff all the time.

Pros:

I LOVE the ability to customize and add a variety of added features without being nickeled and dimed for every additional thing. Unlike some other "easier to use" platforms out there, WP offers a lot of customization and many plugins, themes, and extra cost nothing to implement.

Cons:

There is a learning curve and it's not beginner-friendly if you know nothing about installing it, etc.

Frank
Frank
General Manager in Germany
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

My go-to-system for websites

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Pros:

ease of use; variety of plugins; flexibility; cost

Cons:

the new standard editor; default plugins; dashboard

Stephen
Owner in Canada
Apparel & Fashion, Self Employed

Wordpress is a good platform all around

4.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: Overall we had a good experience with them. There are a few things I didn't like as much. But all around it is a good platform and does what you need.

Pros:

Customer support is excellent and always communicates fast and effectively with what we need.

Cons:

Wordpress has a pretty significant learning curve to it and I found that it is a bit more buggy than other website platforms.

Neil
Landscape Technician in UK
Architecture & Planning, 11–50 Employees

If you're not using WordPress, then you should!

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: Overall WordPress is a 10/10 from us, it has made our website management easy, things can be added or changed across the whole site quickly and without hassle. It really was a game changer for us!

Pros:

We have been using WordPress for many years, it makes rolling out and managing a consistently branded website incredibly easy. The great thing is that you can customise your WordPress site as much or as little as you want. From the management of content and media to the installation of plugins or updating WordPress itself, everything works seamlessly. We have been very happy with our experience and would recommend to anyone. Another great plus

Cons:

Although fairly straight forward, if you are not comfortable setting up a web application or SQL database or using PHP, installing and setting up WordPress could be tricky. Having said that there are plenty of tutorials available on the web and setup only has to be done once. Then you are free to make things as simple or as complicated as you want with the customisation of templates or the creation of your own.

Albert
Manager in UK
Civil Engineering, 51–200 Employees

WordPress for web

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: I think WordPress is the best CMS on the market. Beeing updated frequently there are no annoying bugs or security issues.

Pros:

I have been using WordPres for a long time now and i can't imagine a website not build in it. In my opinion the best feature of WordPress is the ability to add plugins and themes. A website is created in matter of days with the help of themes and builder plugins.

Cons:

Adding needed themes and plugins can get costly.

Medical Practice, 11–50 Employees

Wordpress is great

5.0 5 days ago New

Pros:

Super flexible and there is a huge community to help you do whatever is needed.

Cons:

Someone will need to maintain it. It's like grass in a yard - someone needs to mow and take care of it, or it won't look super.

Damien
Damien
President - Lead Software Developer in US
Computer Software, Self Employed

Good software and easy content creation

4.0 last month New

Pros:

I like that WordPress gets you up and running quickly developing content. It excels as a content management system for sure.

Cons:

I would like better Markdown support for content. This seems like an afterthought and doesn't work as well as a static site. But of course static sites have drawbacks as well.

James
Owner in US
Computer Software, Self Employed

A Standard for websites, especially for small to medium businesses

Comments: After a shaky start, WordPress has become one of our swiss army knifes. We opt to use WordPress much more often than we used to. Why? Because customers expect more and want to pay less. As a result, we do less all-custom website builds than we used to, and use WordPress as the starting point. With other build tools out there, our workflow has sped up considerably and we can complete websites in less than 1/3 the time that we used to.

Pros:

Quick setup, updated frequently, thousands of paid and free plugins. It is supported by ISP's other software, and is customizable to fit customer business objectives and budgets. The API is open, which allows for a great deal of customization and future adjustments to match our customer's changing needs.

Cons:

Occasional core updates are problematic. For this reason, we wait for some weeks when a new version is out before updating our customers to ensure stability. WordPress could take a little more time to be sure the new versions have better stability before feeding the notice to update to the dashboard. This is a known issue, and veteran WordPress uses all do this.

Torre
Torre
Owner in US
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Extremely flexible, feature rich website platform

Comments: This platform is the foundation of our current business operations - we use it for all client websites. It is an incredible tool when used in the way it was intended, and allows our clients to maintain ownership of and flexibility updating their websites themselves.

Pros:

WordPress being the most widely used website platform on the internet makes it also the most flexible and feature-rich from our experience. If there's something you want to do, someone has figured out how to do it already and you can benefit from that. If you're experiencing an issue, someone else has also likely experience that issue and has figured it out, again benefiting you. I love how this platform can be the foundation for almost anything you can dream up aesthetically and functionally.

Cons:

It isn't necessarily intuitive for someone who has never used it before, which creates a relatively steep learning curve for someone wanting to build a site themselves. Also, it is VERY easy to hire someone who makes WordPress hard to use and edit things on your own site which is a shame, but a result of the flexibility of the platform and the abundance of people who offer WordPress related services at a discount.

Qamar
Qamar
Import Officer in Pakistan
Apparel & Fashion, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Wordpress for Web devolpment and SEO

Comments: Best site to develop e shop online shopping, introducing sites, some technical sites too, ERP invoicing plugins are too available, while it can also be configured with existing ERP with customized pages and access, Image gallery, video caption and form, posts tagging is good for SEO, Beautiful free/paid themes which beautify the look of menus and navigation.

Pros:

Easier to install and build a web with a few clicks, adds-on, plugins are awesome which make the website with advanced feature, page management, discussion forum can be configured. Search engine optimization tools are pre built in, and easily integrated with social media plate form like, Facebook, twitter and YouTube etc.. File manager and development with coding is easier by many shortcut and WPs own defined codes/scripts, wide open support is available for development or customization.

Cons:

Many bugs are found even in paid plugins, some plugins are vulnerable for website, i.e. no plugin scanned while published it to WP store. Installation configuration directory is not auto removed which can be used to attack, while admin panel access on directory is not random logarithm based, i.e. many times admin panel can be tried.

Diego Luis
Freelancer in Argentina
E-Learning, Self Employed

Wordpress, the base of all entrepreneurship on the internet.

Comments: Since I started using wordpress I have become a fanatic. It has allowed me to create countless web projects, of the highest quality, thus being able to compete with companies from all over the world, and at a professional level.
Wordpress has really accompanied me in the growth of my company for years. I would not change it for anything.

Pros:

1- Easy to implement. Anyone in just minutes can have a basic and scalable website online, without having to know programming or web design. 2- Short learning curve. In a short time, anyone can become a professional using wordpress. 3- Flexibility. Wordpress allows you to create very powerful sites, and have control of the design, creating custom sites. 4- A very active community of help and creation of resources. You can always find documents, plugins, themes and more ... 5- Scalable. Wordpress allows you to always start and keep your projects updated, but above all it allows you to scale them, turning a site that was once very basic into a true professional project. 6- Infinity of free and paid resources. 7- 100% compatibility. Today wordpress has such a large community of users and developers, that it is almost impossible that there are not companies that do not develop plugins for what one imagines. 8- Competitiveness. Wordpress has allowed me to stay ahead of the game, and compete with professional-level sites, even though it's just me working alone as a freelancer.

Cons:

1- with free or freemium themes or plugins many times you do not get all the customization you would like. 2- despite the fact that the Spanish-speaking community that uses wordpress is growing, it is still quite difficult to find so many options for themes or plugins in Spanish, compared to what there is in English, which are far surpassed, having more variety and even quality in some cases.

Chirag
CITO in US
Insurance Software, 51–200 Employees

WordPress improved our web presence with little effort

Comments: We love WordPress. In one of our companies, a staff member took upon them to set up their website to save on cost. Web development companies are expensive. I set up WordPress for them. They were able to set up a website and go live within days at a fraction of the cost they would have otherwise paid to marketing agencies. SEO has worked great. Forms have worked well. We have enjoyed moving all of our sites to WordPress.

Pros:

WordPress is easy! Within 20 minutes, we had our website up and running. With a 30 minute training session, staff was able to post blogs, create pages, create menus and set up forms. Prior to WordPress, setting up a website was a project. With WordPress, website management is a breeze.

Cons:

When automatic updates break something, it's not easy to debug. For those users who don't host WordPress themselves, this would be less of an issue. We host WordPress sites ourselves and enable automated updates. Once in a while updates break our site and we have to debug it by logging on to our servers.

Professional Training & Coaching, 2–10 Employees

I've been using WordPress for years to build websites.

Comments: At the beginning, WordPress was a learning curve. Years later, WordPress is easy for me to use. I do understand why many people investing in tutorials or designers to get their websites up and running.

Pros:

WordPress is a free open source software. I like that you can use plugins and your own themes to build really nice websites and online shops.

Cons:

While WordPress has gotten better at providing tutorials on how to use their software, things can get confusing fast if you don't know what you're doing. WordPress comes with templates that you can use right out the box, but they can be pretty limiting.

Phil
Phil
Writer in UK
Writing & Editing, Self Employed

Wordpress saves time and makes updates easy

Comments: I spent many years coding websites using html and CSS. Many years ago, when I needed a simple site creating quickly, I discovered CMSs like WordPress and tried a few. The results weren't as polished back then as they are now, but the potential was huge. I continued using WordPress because it was free and well supported, and it is now my first choice when creating a new site.

Pros:

I love the 'what you see is what you get' editing that Wordpress provides, but like knowing that I can also switch to full html/CSS code editing if I want to.

Cons:

Because Wordpress allows almost infinite customisation through plugins, there is the risk of installing a badly written or not well maintained plugin, which could potentially affect your website negatively. Fortunately, plugins have a rating system and show the amount of active users to help with decision making.

Alejandro
Producer in Colombia
Events Services, 2–10 Employees

From landing pages to a fully managed marketplace, WordPress is the best bet

Comments: I love WordPress and I've been using it for many years now, for personal websites and for my clients. This is a great and mature tool, easy to use and customize. And the most I like is that no matter what kind of website you are planing to make, out there you can find a theme and the plugins needed to make it happen.

Pros:

The most I like about WordPress is the huge ecosystem built around it. With the core installation you can get a nice small website. But if you need additional features, you're covered with thousands and thousands of plugins and themes build for every single need you can imagine.

Cons:

In complex websites (e.g. a marketplace for courses for hundreds of students) you may need to install dozens of plugins, and this could impact your website performance. Of course, you can install another plugin to optimize your installation, but this could be a time-consuming trial and error process, and not always you get the best results. Besides, installing too many plugins increases your chances of incompatibility and security issues. Be aware of using too many plugins.

Ray
Ray
Research and Cultural Consultant, Editor/writer, interpreter. in Canada
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2–10 Employees

Relatively easy to build complex websites for organizations and NGOs

Comments: When I began to plan our group's website, I researched several alternatives. Primarily because it is open source, I chose Wordpress feeling confident that it would be relatively easy to build the website and keep it updated without the need for web design specialist. This decision has proven to be a good one. Wordpress is excellent and though it takes time to learn, is well worth the effort.

Pros:

Because Wordpress is an open-source project, a large community has sprung up around improving it and creating plugins to extend it's capabilities. I started using Wordpress themes to build simple websites, and as my confidence and abilities in the software grew, I was able to used plugins to improve the layout, add image galleries, and improve the visual appeal of my sites. I was asked recently to create webpages for several non-profit groups and rely on Wordpress to do this. Wordpress is quite easy to learn and so non-technical members of our association are able to update our website with new text, images and video. A large number of excellent text-based and video tutorials are available online to help new users create attractive, well-designed web pages.

Cons:

While a great many plugins are available for Wordpress, some of them are not properly coded and create problems with other plugins, which on occasion can lead to problems that are difficult to troubleshoot. In order to avoid this, it's best to use as few plugins as possible, but this somewhat negates the draw of Wordpress and the many plugins created to extend its features. The biggest drawback to Wordpress now is the lack of a built-in page-building tool. Relying on proprietary plugin page-builders is not the best way to ensure long-term viability of a website. If the vendor developing the page-builder stops development of the plugin, then the site you have spent years working on may very soon stop working and require a huge investment of time to completely rebuild. Wordpress will soon include the Gutenburg editor which will largely function as a page-builder, but it is still under development and as of 2018, is not recommended for building working websites.

Graphic Design Software, Self Employed

Easy to use, getting tougher for developers

Comments: Overall, it’s easy for even a novice to use. It is one of the most widely used platforms so it also leaves WP sites more vulnerable to hacking attempts - I highly recommend anyone who isn’t a developer to have a maintenance plan with someone who can secure and monitor a WP site regularly to avoid data loss or other malicious intrusions. The more you use it, the easier it becomes to work with. It’s generally my go-to when creating custom websites for people who need a CMS but as stated above, I’ll be monitoring things closely to see how the new features affect the current development standards and methods.

Pros:

I love the interface and simplicity of working on the back end. It’s intuitive for the most part and without having to look things up, a user can generally figure out the basics. Developing for custom WP sites has been great as there is a huge WP dev community and a lot of help and support to be found around the web (or courses). It is free to use especially if self hosted and there are a million ways to customize a sote to be more unique from the standard templates (mostly geared towards developers).

Cons:

The most recent changes including the customizer & Gutenberg (releasing soon) are becoming a huge roadblock for many developers. There are ways around them which include disabling them via code or plugin but the way things are going, it will be harder to ensure these features won’t interfere with custom WP developers. The customizer is versatile but I find it sometimes interferes with the way a custom coded site works and can cause issues with intended styling and functionality. Gutenberg is still new so it remains to be seen just how much interference there will be once it’s part of the core framework, especially on sites developed before this release.

Stanislav
Stanislav
Digital Marketing Specialist in Bulgaria
Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

WordPress is the universal CMS

Comments: Excellent product and overall experience. WordPress helped me build out several sites and in general get a feel for web design. I'm a digital marketer, so I mostly do edits and not full-blown buildouts, but even those are easy with this CMS. I highly recommend WP for anything but large scale e-commerce.

Pros:

Without a doubt, the biggest thing about WordPress are all the plugins that are available. Whatever you end up wanting to do with your Wordpress website, there's a big chance that there's already a plugin for it, which not only allows you to perform complex operations without any coding knowledge, but provides you with additional tools to fully customise the setup. With WordPress the sky is the limit to what you can do and its often a matter of being able to find plugins and tinkering with them until you've added a desired functionality. Since it might not be fair to talk only about plugins of third parties, while reviewing the WordPress CMS (although they are a big reason it is so good), I'll also try and cover some of the things I like about the platform itself. Firstly, it is an ever evolving one and there are constant updates. I remember when I first used WordPress and began editing and later building a few websites some 5 years ago. Back then the CMS was more basic and you would often need some coding skills to get around. Fast forward to today, themes and plugins have advanced greatly and there is far less need for actual coding - it's being done by third parties. WordPress themselves have done a great job at improving the CMS in terms of content editing capabilities for regular posts.

Cons:

The core of the CMS could be expanded more to include popular options you get with plugins. Third party plugins can sometimes slow down a website or conflict with one another due to coding incompatibilities. Because of this and the fact that WP can get cluttered with a bunch of plugins and you eventually end up with a backend that's hard to navigate, I think they should expand on the core a lot more than they have been.

Matt
Matt
Director/Producer in US
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Best Web Platform Available and Worth the Learning Curve

Comments: Wordpress is without exception the best web design platform available.
If you require a blog that you'd like to customize or monetize, you need Wordpress.
If you have require a business website that outranks competitors on Google search, you need Wordpress.
There are few cases that I would recommend a different platform.

Pros:

This review is about Wordpress.org, not Wordpress.com which is the free site (they have paid versions too though). I've built over a hundred sites with Wordpress. I've also built them from scratch in PHP and HTML, and with Wix and Squarespace, so I do have experience with the gamut of web design. Wordpress is by far the most versatile and widely used web design platform out there. Because it is so ubiquitous, it has the most available resources. There are thousands of themes so you don't have to create your site from a blank canvas. Many of these are free and those that do cost usually are very inexpensive. Plugins like Yoast that help your site's search engine optimization or plugins like Redirect which allow you to fix broken links or redirect a page you no longer want attracting traffic to a new page. And then there's the overall SEO of the site, which is where Wordpress truly excels over any other platform. Wordpress structures it's pages and posts in such a way that if you're willing to take advantage of it, Google will reward the site with a higher ranking. Also, Wordpress, unlike competitor platforms like Wix or Squarespace, is free! Many of the themes and most of the plugins are free too.

Cons:

Wordpress doesn't have many cons, but here are the few: • Domain registry and hosting is handled separately, by you. • Customizing your site can definitely be challenging. It's not as easy as the competitor platforms. • Site speed can be slow when you want to have a lot of background video. It's slow on any platform, but with Wordpress, it's extra slow. Only with excessive video background though, not at all in other cases.

Sacha
CEO in Italy
Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

Professional websites for (almost) every need

Comments: Adopting Wordpress as a solution for your customers that need a website, is a mandatory choice: setting up the environment is a matter of minutes, the server requirements are common and available on almost any web hosting service, the community behind Wordpress is really huge and, with standard design and programming skills, you can really pack wonderful products.
The core of Wordpress (the starting package) has a lot, but the full power of the framework is unleashed thanks to the plugin architecture and the template system (themes).
Plugins add almost any kind of functionality: from social media needs to showcases and e-commerce; from impressive sliders to portfolios and newsletters.
Themes (the template system) allow you to design truly effective communication: modern themes are designed to allow users to craft their website with an incredible detail, providing end users with the most beautiful experience. As of today, you can install a theme and setup any kind of template, for any section of your website. Not only: Wordpress is greatly devoted to web standards and trends and it looks perfect on desktop computers, tablets and smartphones.
We jumped on Wordpress since the first version, back in 2003. Since then, while implementing other solutions for huge online stores, we could provide a solution for small and medium enterprises at an incredibly affordable price. And this is really a great advantage: everyone can get a professional and effective product. Thumbs up!

Pros:

Server requirements are minimal and available at a small price from any web hosting service. Plugins architecture allow you to add almost any functionality to the website and easily write one, if you need a specific tool. Template system - the so called "themes" - allow you to craft incredibly beautiful and responsive - looking perfect on any device - design. A huge community of developers makes sure you can solve problems fast. Websites can be up and running in almost no time. And can be updated and maintained by any designer/programmer, thanks to its architecture and ease of use. Your customers can update the website easily, with an intuitive and easy to use backend. Last but not least - at all! - as a developer and designer you can provide great products that are absolutely cost-effective.

Cons:

If you have to run a complex online store, with a lot of products and categories, thousands of visitors and specific e-commerce needs, Wordpress might not be the perfect choice. But if you provide solutions for personal, small and medium businesses, this won't be a problem at all.

Kenkome
Kenkome
Financial advisor in Cameroon
Insurance Software, 1,001–5,000 Employees

WordPress review

Comments: in general I have gained a lot using WordPress. I would never have been able to build a site and manage and maintain it efficiently myself. I am satisfied with my experience with WordPress, there are still some small things that need to be improved. WordPress is an ideal tool for hobbyists who want to have their own site. And I made a lot of savings by choosing WordPress.

Pros:

4 years ago I decided to create a blog to promote insurance products on the internet. I had no programming skills, I wanted to hire someone to do the work but the cost was high. I joined a Facebook group for programmers and asked if it was possible to create and manage a blog without any programming skills. I got several responses with a few suggestions. I explored each of his suggestions and WordPress was the one that caught my attention the most. I was able to create my own blog in 3 hours without any programming skills. WordPress asked me a few questions and based on my answers they suggested the most suitable themes for your blog and you can customize it as you wish. WordPress offers several free tools to optimize your site or blog on all levels. I use Quick AdSense to promote my products on my blog, I use a Google AdSense plug-in to monetize my blog by displaying Google ads. WordPress is really the perfect tool for amateurs. I've been using WordPress for 5 years now and I've never used a professional to help on anything. I do everything myself like a pro.

Cons:

the degree of customization is not the same on all themes. on some themes you can almost all modify and on others it's very limited which is really annoying. when I create my blog the theme I took wasn't my favorite one the one I would prefer didn't offer a lot of customization possibilities. the mobile version of WordPress is difficult to use and the visualization on mobile distorts a little bit the elements of the site. some elements that appear on pc don't appear on mobile. this makes it very difficult to manage my blog by phone. you can't make deep changes like modifying your theme easily using a phone which is very annoying when you move without your pc.

luke
VP in US
Real Estate, 2–10 Employees

Easiest and Fastest Way to Start a Blog or Website

Comments: My overall experience with WordPress has been great. I am really happy with the platform and haven't had any major issues with it. I've built several blog and websites using WordPress and I haven't found any other platform that I would rather use. Once you learn your way around WordPress you'll find that it becomes very intuitive. It only took me a couple of days to become comfortable with all the different features. Also, with all the plugins that are available you can always find a solution for whatever problem you have. I recommend WordPress to anyone who is thinking about building their own blog and website and wants a platform that will be easy and intuitive.

Pros:

I like that WordPress makes starting a blog quick and easy. You have almost everything that you need to launch a website and if there is something missing you can download a plugin. WordPress even offers free templates to get started. If you're looking for a custom theme you easily import one into WordPress. One of the reasons I chose to use WordPress is that I found out that 30% of all websites on the internet use WordPress. That alone should be enough to sell you on it. The reason I kept using WordPress is ease of use and customization. I've built several blogs, websites, and eCommerce sites using WordPress and I don't think I'll be trying any other platform anytime soon.

Cons:

One of the things that I don't like about WordPress is all the plugins that do essentially the same thing. It makes it difficult to find the right tool. I usually just base my choice off of who has the most ratings but I know that there must be better solutions that aren't as popular. Also, I often have problems with plugin conflicting with one anther. It's hard to know what plugins will work with other plugins. Unfortunately, it's trial and error at this point. You just have to see what works and what doesn't.