Bloomfire Reviews

Filter by:

• Overall
  • Customer Service Software

About Bloomfire

Knowledge engagement software enabling teams to access, collaborate across, and draw upon their organizations collective intelligence.

Learn more about Bloomfire

Area Chair
Professional Training & Coaching, 2-10 Employees
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 02/02/2019

"Using Bloomfire as To Access Central Resources and Answers"

Pros: SImple navigation and UI
Clean design and organization of content
Good responsiveness
Nice app interface and functionality

Cons: Lacks a simple ability to DM account users
Filtering is not elegant and seems to stick at times requiring repeated clearing
Inconsistent ability to download on the app

• Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 02/02/2019
Michele H.
Dir. of Sales Enablement
Education Management, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/07/2020

"Knowledge in one place"

Comments: The customer service is the best I've ever had from any company.

Pros: All of our collateral is on one place and searchable. As an admin, I can curate and monitor age of items as well so our knowledge warehouse doesn't become a dumping ground.

Cons: There are some clunky HTML tools you have to use if you start to dig into all the features. They do allow you to customize to your company fonts and styles but they have other formatting such as page spacing locked down.

• Reviewed on 20/07/2020
Melissa B.
Senior Marketing Specialist
Research, 11-50 Employees

"Overall a Good Product"

Comments: Like most software, there is room for improvement but this definitely gets the job done and features a sleek, clean look that all can easily enjoy and navigate.

Pros: Easy to navigate and clean look

Cons: The search ability and lacking ability to post to different communities from one spot - having to repost the same content across several communities with different categories and tags is cumbersome. I'd like to post from one place with different selections for each community rather than 3 different posts.

by Bloomfire on 20/01/2017

Hey Melissa, Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with Bloomfire.. In regards to your feedback, inside our ¿Beta¿ post editor, you can post across different communities and add community specific categories. We¿d love to show you through this process to help alleviate some of the post difficulties that you are coming across. Please contact us at [email protected] and we¿d be happy to setup some time to speak with you!

David Y.
business analyst
Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/01/2017

"Good knowledge base tool"

Comments: We found implementation very straightforward. We converted a trial account into a live account after about a month of experimentation. After publishing some internal standards for publishing we then started uploading documents from directory drives which made them searchable and much easier for our non-technical staff to locate.

Pros: Ease of use for end users searching for documents and for "Authors" to upload their documents.

Cons: A bit of version control on the published documents would be nice.

by Bloomfire on 20/01/2017

David, great to hear you found the implementation easy and straightforward. We recently released a versioning feature, feel free to connect with us at [email protected] and we'd love to show you.

Josh R.
IT Manager / CSR

"Serves our needs"

Comments: We have been using bloomfire for a few years now and find it a great tool to have moderated communication within our client network. Customer support is always eager to help us out and after a few sessions we end up dialing in anything we needed done. There is a lot of power behind this platform and I would recommend seeing if it fits your business style.

Pros: It allows our clients to collaborate with one another as well as our staff.

Cons: The technology feels a little lacking in how it was executed but not enough so to not want to use the service.

by Bloomfire on 20/01/2017

Josh, we appreciate your business over the years. We enjoy working with everyone over at SMS Masterminds and appreciate you taking the time to write this review.

Jeff M.
Director, Learning & Performance
Human Resources, 1,001-5,000 Employees

"Beautiful Bloomfire"

Comments: Our organization has been using Bloomfire for 2 years now -- for 2 in Sales and 1 for a community of learning professionals. We've seen such a great impact that we hope to expand it to another 800 users in the service community.
Bloomfire has enabled us to consolidate information into a user-friendly, mobile accessible platform for users to not only get information faster, but to connect with a larger community of peers and to SME's as well.
And being a service organization as well, I can't say enough great things about Bloomfire's desire and execution from a service perspective. They listen and are ALWAYS willing and ready to assist. They are tremendous!

Pros: Great search function, mobile app

Cons: It's not necessarily the software but for us trying to figure out how to best organize our extensive content

Derek M.
Manager, Dispute Investigation
Internet, 1,001-5,000 Employees

"Bloomfire"

Comments: While there's a lot I could speak to in terms of the product itself, specifically, I recently had an amazing customer support interaction with Bloomfire. I submitted a question/suggestion about something I was unaware was currently already an available feature in Bloomfire. I submitted my request, and within an hour, I had a phone call and voicemail from Chad, Director of Client Success, with an answer. Because I didn't pick up, he also sent me a follow-up email, which included a screencap video walking me through the process. I was pretty blown away by this level of fast and efficient customer support, which only makes me more of a supporter of the Bloomfire platform. Thank you for being a trusted source for in sharing information and resources!

Pros: It's easy to use, reliable, and Bloomfire offers great customer support in my experience.

Cons: It would be great to have the ability for more collaboration (i.e. multiple people working on edits at once on the same piece).

Crystal Y.
Product Manager
Financial Services Software, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/02/2017

"BF is easy to use but too limited in customizations"

Comments: Pluses
-Easy to use and learn
-Easy to learn customization options
-Appreciate the HTML editing options
Cons
- The width of the BF doc is thinner than needed. It's very web 2012 versus today where you see wider panes. I know that it's easier to read in smaller widths but you can add the option of columns instead. Really helpful would be columns that can have images or text blocks within them.
- The change for the background to be one color. This is the common style with a lot of article based platforms (e.g. medium) but there's something off about the UI. It might be that the orientation leans to the left too much (b/c of the right side column of related content), the right side column is too large and removes focus from the main content, or that the default font is just too large (even on a mac retina pixel display, you don't get to see that much of the article display. it subtly implies more scrolling/long-ness of the article)
-You have bugs within the auto formatting detection. For example, deleting from a non-default text such as a title will change the text size to the styling of the text beforehand. Sometimes you can't get the text to return to a certain styling just from the tools bar. Instead, you have to use the html editor to correct the styling manually.
-Leaving the page (out of focus) and returning will show the cursor at the end of the page (this bug intermittently comes back).
- More formatting options like word would be preferred (specific font sizes, font colors, . For documentation purposes, formatting options allow the ease of use in highlighting or differentiating a lot of content.
- More image formatting options.
- Inserting a file takes up a bunch of space. Would prefer that adding a file is like a link or at the end like an attachment. The actual page real estate a file record takes is excessive. Also, I usually want to associate the file to some sort of text block but instead it's just floating in it's own area between two equidistant text blocks.
- Allow wiki style page of contents at the beginning of a BF page would help on complex articles.
- For the feed page, what about a table form for articles? You have tiles and a list view. I think you could optimize width by removing the filters on the side and moving them to the top or inset as part of the table's columns (when relevant) as filters.

Ashley M.
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11-50 Employees

"Love this software"

Comments: We use this software daily to organize our content, as well as to communicate any new program or product additions/changes to our our franchisees.

Pros: The organization of being able to group items into series. It's so easy to maneuver and find things, based off the tag and search feature.

Cons: we are trying to franchise another company, and its in the early stages of development. Since we don't have any franchisees yet, the price is too much to invest in this software. So it would be great if smaller packages were available for companies such as this.

David B.
General Manager of Franchise Development
Construction, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/01/2017

"Greatest Collaboration Portal on Earth"

Comments: As a fast growing company, a location for training, sharing of ideas, storage for videos - documentation - and etc. is crucial to providing right now access. Love Bloomfire. The ability to upload and create content is sophisticated, seamless, and can learn in 15 seconds.

Pros: Allowing access over a very large group and locations. The ease of uploading content.

Cons: Front page videos.

Diana P.
manager shopper insights
  • Reviewed on 03/05/2017

"Reduces time it takes to find the information you need!"

Comments: time savings, early adoption, ease of use

Pros: User interface does not require training - simple and easy to use for any level of user. Also the layout is intuitive and by seeing thumbnails it triggers a memory and a level of confidence that you're opening the correct file. The video transcript is a great feature that is a huge time saver.

Cons: Administration can get a bit hands on, but the client support team steps in a ton for me with support.

• Reviewed on 03/05/2017
Owen C.
Sales Executive
Logistics & Supply Chain, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/02/2017

"Bloomfire Review From An Employee Standpoint"

Comments: When I started my job at a logistics company there was tons of new information that was required to learn in order to be successful in my position. Bloomfire has been very helpful in organizing process procedures and training documents to help myself and other new employees. I loved the feature where I could ask a question that would get sent to everyone in the company to look at and answer. Good process to help new employees get up to speed faster without having to ask the same questions over and over again. Only complaint would be a better system to organize all the many articles but that is most likely something my company's administrators could look into.

Pros: Easy platform to navigate and love the feature where anyone can post internal questions.

Cons: Could be easier to organize all the different topics

Jessica W.
Senior Product Manager
Education Management, 51-200 Employees

"Great Knowledge Base"

Comments: My Startup size company uses Bloomfire and I absolutely love it. It has a great user experience and the UI is better looking than other knowledge bases I've seen, which look more like a file directory tree. I love being able to record videos within Bloomfire, drop in files or images, and add sections.

Pros: The ease of creating an article or question, and answering questions

Cons: It could be our naming and company use cases, but the search is sometimes a little difficult. I also feel like some of the new functionality seems more like feature bloat than stuff we really need.

Paul H.
Consultant
  • Reviewed on 14/02/2018

"A non-profit I work with uses Bloomfire as a communications tool for its volunteer program."

Pros: Pretty simple to post discussions and questions. Good way to track discussions -- a huge upgrade from using Facebook or LinkedIn groups to manage communications.

Cons: Search function is sometimes a bit clunky but not severely so. Perhaps it's just tht way this instance is configured (and a choice by non-profit), but unable to just send a message to one user -- all Posts are available to entire group. It would be nice to be able to just message a person with a question, or about meeting up with them via a call or visit. Again, perhaps that functionality is available but just not being used by this particular group.

• Reviewed on 14/02/2018
Jane A.
Tax Preparer III
Accounting Software, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/07/2020

"Tax Service"

Comments: I've been with JH since the onset of the portal. First season was hopeless. Second season was better, but not enough info was there. Now, lots of info, but can't find it in a timely manner.

Pros: This has a lot of potential as an info and help station for our tax preparers. It is much improved from previous years in terms of content.

Cons: The search engine leaves a lot to be desired. There is a very generous amount of info on the portal now, but trying to find specific items is tough. Perhaps a category list might be helpful so if we are looking for tax info, policy, software, job aids, marketing, etc there would be a starting place. Titles of the entries do not help to find specifics and one can spend hours looking for info when we have a client sitting in front of us and we only have minutes to come with a solution.

• Reviewed on 25/07/2020
Mallory H.
Internet, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/01/2017

"Great way to share knowledge with your team!"

Comments: I love Bloomfire for sharing knowledge with and learning from the rest of my team. It's easy-to-use, easy to navigate, and it's organized well. It's great to be able not only put plain-text in a Bloomfire doc, but to also be able to embed files from elsewhere, as well.

Pros: Well organized, easy to use, great embedding feature for multiple doc types

Cons: Would be great to be able to customize docs a little more (header images, etc.)

Cam B.
Tech

"Great Knowledgebase Application!"

Comments: We needed a user friendly web application to allow our techs to upload and easily access anywhere. No complaints!

Pros: Application is stored out of our office. Accessing from any Internet access point is great!

Cons: None so far

Douglas R.
CMO
Management Consulting, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/07/2020

"Easy to use"

Comments: Overall, I like it.

Pros: The search feature is accurate and easy to use as are the publishing functions.

Cons: Even with a solid search feature, the quantity of materials my organization shares is huge and it is sometimes hard to find what I want to find.

• Reviewed on 24/07/2020
Daniel H.

"Bloomfire Review"

Comments: Overall it's been a pretty positive experience having the Bloomfire platform hosted in my organization. I am in the geospatial field, and Bloomfire is a great place for us to post issues and questions that others may be going through as well. It opens up the door for communication and sometimes even yields a productive in person meeting. We can collaborate on issues that we may have not collaborated on in the past. It's also a great place to share solutions to challenging technical issues that may not be found in a Google search.

Pros: The communication doors it opens.

Cons: The cost.

Reece C.
Director of Global Technical Support
Telecommunications, 201-500 Employees

"Excellent Knowledgebase Solution"

Comments: Bloomfire is an excellent knowledgebase solution for both internal and external use. We use Bloomfire to empower our Technical Support Engineers with information on how to resolve issues and also plan to open it up to customers to do the same over 2017.

Richard D.
Client Advocate

"Bloomfire Review"

Comments: I have had some good and bad experience with this product, my company uses it for our clients and most of the are tech savvy so its pretty easy to use for them. The only negative impact was when we merged 2 different sites into one, all of the old outdated articles appeared at the top of the lists and buried all new relevant articles.

Pros: Ease of use
Great for small community

Cons: Some glitches
Support could be better

Director Of Operations
11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/03/2018

"We use Bloomfire as a company intranet, it is easy to use and has great search functionality."

Comments: This software helped us get company info in one place and easily searchable.

Pros: The search functionality is what makes this software most valuable. While it gives you the ability to organize material in many different ways, the ability to do a keyword search and find what you are looking for quickly is key.

Cons: My least favorite thing about this software is the text editing capabilities. You are really limited format-wise when you are trying to create posts.

• Reviewed on 07/03/2018
Danica R.
Bloomfire Administrator
  • Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 12/05/2016

"Bloomfire is user friendly and engaging"

Pros: The product is very easy to customize and can be used in a wide variety of use cases. Bloomfire can be used to fill many content and engagement gaps. The company is very customer oriented and readily welcome feedback and acts upon it.

Cons: Sometimes the versatility of the product makes it hard to make it work for a very specific need/use case.

• Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 12/05/2016
Sofiya K.
consultant
Civil Engineering, 10,000+ Employees

"Bloomfire review"

Pros: Easy to post content, like automated weekly newsletter to the audience, good reporting capability

Cons: Can be slow at times, nothing else I can think of

Territory Manager
Sports, 10,000+ Employees

"Bllomfire Review"

Comments: Highly enjoyable.

Pros: It is very user friendly. Really easy to navigate.

Cons: I really enjoy the system. It is very user friendly.