15 years helping Israeli businesses

About BigTime

Improve budgeting, project oversight, team communication, task management, resource management, invoicing, and project financials.

Learn more about BigTime

BigTime ratings

4.5
4.7
4.4
4.5

8.7/10

BigTime has an overall rating of 4.6 out 5 stars based on 638 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used BigTime before?

Jessica
Jessica
Game Programmer in US
Computer Software, 201–500 Employees

A fantastic tool for managing projects

Comments: The best approach to keep track of many projects' time and expenditures. Invoicing is also a breeze because to the platform's user-friendly interface. I can view all of my projects and team members in this platform, and we can all manage everything together. The Bigtime team's assistance is also a big plus in my book.

Pros:

It's a piece of software that performs exactly what it's supposed to and does it well. The process of implementation was quite fair, and the accompanying customer service was excellent. Time tracking and the ability to divide it into other sections if necessary. For numerous projects, I've taken use of the platform's ability to develop custom reports, which have been useful.

Cons:

BigTime doesn't always communicate to itself, so you have to dig a little further to find the answer you're looking for. In addition, I've used BigTime's "help" option and spoken with a live person who was able to diagnose my difficulties immediately away.

Krishna
Krishna
Human Resources Generalist in US
Hospital & Health Care, 5,001–10,000 Employees

BigTime is better than our Excel timesheet

Comments: Introducing BigTime completely revolutionized how we run our company. Our chat support session with [sensitive content hidden] this evening was quite productive. When our company's time tracking and billing systems were combined, it was a huge help.

Pros:

The orientation procedure went really smoothly. We were given excellent assistance; even when we had queries in the period between sessions, the personnel responded quickly. The program is straightforward, and the mobile application is fantastic for our field staff.

Cons:

Even though making adjustments to our invoicing system can be challenging at times, we've always received helpful responses from the staff that have allowed us to go forward with our plans.

Jenna
Office Manager in US

Bigtime

Comments: Overall this is for big company's with employees over 100 plus to time manage them but need a better system for invoicing.

Pros:

I like that you are able to create your own engagements per client.

Cons:

I least like the invoice part as it does not function how it is suppose too. There are to many steps for it to be integrated into QuickBooks.

5 years ago

Jenna, Thanks so much for this review- we really appreciate hearing from all our customers here at BigTime! We are very glad to hear that you're happy with our engagements and how you can create unique engagements per client, but we're sad to hear that you feel that invoicing is not working for you. There are many ways you can use BigTime's invoicing, and there are many help features that can help you learn how. Here are just a few: Knowledge Base Articles/Videos: http://kb.bigtime.net/using-bigtime/#invoicing http://kb.bigtime.net/using-bigtime/invoicing/posting-invoices-to-quickbooks/ http://kb.bigtime.net/using-bigtime/invoicing/posting-invoices-to-quickbooks/video-tutorial-post-invoices-to-quickbooks/ Our Invoicing Webinar: https://youtu.be/yt2LrF9mRAk Schedule a Live Webinar here: https://www.bigtime.net/webinars/ Also, feel free to reach out to us here at Customer Success - we'd love to help you learn more about invoicing! Thanks again, The BigTime Customer Success Team

Brandon
Brandon
Sales Specialist in US
Hospital & Health Care, 5,001–10,000 Employees

BigTime helps with expense and project management

Comments: We are using BigTime to handle our expenses and our projects. We've been having some money problems, and our finance department had been using Divvy before they found BigTime. While Divvy did provide us with a bird's-eye view of our spending, BigTime provided us with a glimpse as well as other, more in-depth insights into our expense management challenges.

Pros:

You'll be able to teach your coworkers how to use BigTime in no time at all thanks to its straightforward design and user-friendliness. In addition, they sent us materials that taught us how to use the program.

Cons:

It's possible to spend a lot of money on BigTime. Since the plan we could afford for BigTime didn't include most of the capabilities we required, we had to cancel certain low-priority projects in order to use BigTime to its full potential.

Jean
Jean
Executive Assistant in US
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Accounts Receivable/Accounting Manager BigTime Review (Not project management)

Comments: The training was really amazing. And the capabilities made it well worth the switch from Productive.

Pros:

The customization and the ability to track just about anything you want for project management, profitability and invoicing. And the integration with Quickbooks.

Cons:

I wish more fields were customizable. The handful that they allow you to rename are great, but more would be better! I wish there was a 45 day training session to ask questions that arise after using for a bit.

Joanna
Business Manager in Canada

New to Big Time

Comments: The implementation process was time consuming but thorough and we had plenty of assistance along the way. There are various way to learn the systems which is great for a team that may not be able to commit to learning at the same time.

Pros:

Big Time is so easy to use for time entry, project tracking and reporting. The capabilities of the system are very impressive and the team is committed to continuing to product enhancements.

Cons:

The amount of time required to get through the data conversion preparation, reviewing data, training and learning to setup the system.

Head of Products and Services in US
Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

Best thing my company ever did

Comments: Now that we have made the switch to BigTime, we have begun to realize how much time was wasted using spreadsheets, outdated time tracking software, a different project management tool for each project. We are saving time and endless headaches.

Pros:

Prior to BigTime, my organization used a hodgepodge of systems to track time, track expenses, and invoice. Having all three of those in one spot has saved us 40+ man-hours a month. The customer service is also fantastic. Our implementation specialist, [SENSITIVE CONTENT ] is very easy to work with and really knows his stuff.

Cons:

Coming from a mess of different tools and consolidating into one simple, easy to use tool, it is really hard for me to say what can be improved at this point.

Dustin
Dustin
Project Coordinator in US
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 11–50 Employees

Enhancing Project Management with BigTime

Pros:

Tracking time and being able to in real time look at where we stand on each project from a billing standpoint.

Cons:

We are in the early implementation stages of BigTime, everything currently is an improvement over how we previously operated. No known "cons" at this time.

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 2–10 Employees

Big time review

5.0 last week New

Pros:

- Easy to track your report and to manage.

Cons:

- You can't update your own report easy.

Joana
DJ in Philippines
Broadcast Media, 2–10 Employees

Tracking ang billing

4.0 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

It helps me how to manage my expenses and some of my financial concerns

Cons:

Sometimes the consulting does not meet my expectation.

Shane
Administrative Manager in US
Civil Engineering, 11–50 Employees

Project Management Software +

Comments: Overall, we have had a very positive experience working with the BigTime team, and the software itself. All of our questions and concerns have been addressed as quickly as they arose.

Pros:

BigTime is incredibly inexpensive and easy to get into compared to competing software. If you have a dedicated team, you could be implemented in as little as a month. The customer support has also been superb. I have really enjoyed working with the sales and implementation mangers. We decided on BigTime because we needed a Project Management software, and ended up with a slew of other features that has allowed us to cut out some other software subscriptions such as time tracking software.

Cons:

The only thing I can say we really dislike about BigTime is not having a "clock-in, clock-out" function. Meaning the software does not record the time of day you start and end. Overall, the time tracking portion does not seem as detailed as Tsheets, our previous time tracking software.

Co-Founder & Partner in US
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Solid Platform for Professional Services Organizations

Comments: Automating, improving, and reducing time and cost required to process weekly time and expense. Providing reporting and audit-ability across the entire process with a few button clicks vs having to sort through manual data collection templates.

Pros:

Overall, we have been very happy with BigTime and its use in support of our field consultants. Our production implementation went smoothly and their staff provided helpful training and support to assist us with our launch. In addition, we have been very pleased with the configurability of the platform - just about every time we wanted to do something a certain way, for example how we wanted to display the form for our field's timesheet data entry, there was a way to configure the system to our liking. Also, we have been very impressed with the speed of the system and the design of the user interface. It's very responsive, easy to use, and everything is laid out intuitively. Also, the Reporting module is very comprehensive and it provides a way to pull data just about any which way one could want. BigTime has also been responsive and helpful in helping to support us when certain custom reports were required and we needed some guidance. Special thanks to both CSRs for their support with our implementation.

Cons:

We have no outstanding support tickets currently and we have only seen a few small glitches but once we bring them to the vendors attention there is usually a way to correct it or some type of acceptable workaround. As far as suggested areas we think they can improve upon, one would be having the ability to set up to send specific invoices to multiple customer contacts on the To: line. Another area for improvement is sometimes the bill rate isn’t pulled into the invoicing module consistently so we have to re-enter all the rates in that particular project code. As far as platform enhancements to make BigTime even better, we have suggested the ability to enhance the Allocations module so a manager can forecast a resource across multiple projects within the same or multiple accounts from the same screen/grid. Today this must be done via clicking into each project in the Project List section which is time consuming and a little clunky. This would be huge for us since we have a number of consultants who work on multiple projects across a given week/month/etc. Another enhancement would be to provide easy-to-pull reports that show a consultants profitability (revenue generated minus cost) across a given date range. This is not currently doable with the platform, but all the data is there since the system maintains both bill rate and cost-level information. We are hoping these items make their way onto the product roadmap here in the relative near future.

5 years ago

David, First of all, thanks so much for posting this extensive review for us here at BigTime. It is most appreciated and valuable to get specific feedback from our users. We are pleased that you're finding the platform responsive and flexible enough to meet your needs and we are very pleased that both Jeff and Kevin have provided excellent support to you. Please do reach out to us here at Customer Success if we can be of further assistance in any way - we are always happy to help. Thanks again, The BigTime Customer Success Team

Betty
Administrator in Canada
Environmental Services, 11–50 Employees

BigTime is great for consultants working in a remote office environment.

Comments: I haven't worked with other programs, but overall my experience with BigTime has been very good.

Pros:

BigTime time and expense entry for specific job/tasks is easy for users. Invoice creation using the time and expenses entered is seamless, yet flexible. Once invoices have been emailed to my clients I can easily track my client's activity to ensure that the invoice has been viewed. If my email transmission has failed I get a notification.There are plenty of webinars available to use for self-guided learning. Also, there are live webinars for new users to gain knowledge about BigTime. Reading the blog posts is helpful too.BigTime support has been very helpful if I reach out with any issues. I recently worked with [sensitive content hidden] for over an hour to solve an issue. He was very patient and was determined to solve my problem during our call.

Cons:

There are a few hiccups with taxation for Canadian users. BigTime has been working on improving these features.I would like to see more options for invoice PDF templates so that the invoices are better looking.I really struggle with customizing BigTime reports when any of the standard reports don't meet my needs.There are a few issues with syncing to QBO, but BigTime support staff have been helpful in trying to resolve these issues.

Operations Manager in US
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Flexible Project SetUp and QBO Integration

Pros:

We support many different kinds of projects and contracts. We have T&M, Fixed Fee, Recurring and some Fixed Fee with a T&M Element. We like BigTime because it is easy to set up a project with tasks (line items) that match our contracting terms. Also, it is possible to set Cost and Bill rates at the Company, Project or even Task Level. This kind of flexibility makes it easy for us to produce invoices that match our contract setup. We also needed something with fairly tight QuickBooks Online integration. BigTime deliveres here also. Lastly, the reporting facility in BigTime is very usuable.

Cons:

There is not really anything that I find I don't like. From time to time, I have a feature request for the BigTime team. They communicate very well regarding their roadmap.

5 years ago

Scott, We are so very thankful for your review - we really thank you for taking the time to post it. :) We are very happy that you're finding BigTime's flexible invoicing system able to provide what you need when it comes time to send your customers the bill. Also, we love that we can make it easy for you to setup your diverse projects with all their various bill rate structures and unique needs. The fact that you are utilizing our Quickbooks integration as well and it's working for your business, well, that's just icing on the cake! Please do reach out to us and let us know if there is any way that we can be of further assistance to you. Thanks again! The BigTime Customer Success Team

Steve
CPA in US

Cloud Based Time & Project Tracking for CPA firm

Comments: Does what I need - staff have no problems at all entering time and it does all we need to track returns and who has what

Pros:

I chose this software since cloud based access and integration with Lacerte and Quickbooks, my staff has found it easy to use.

Cons:

Reports are very, very generic and lacking compared to other programs I have used

4 years ago

Steve, Thanks so very much for posting a review for us here at BigTime. We're very pleased that you are finding the software and its integration features easy to use and that the software is providing the services that you and your staff require to get the job done. Regarding your statement about the reports in BigTime, you are correct - they are very generic, by design. BigTime services many different industries, so the reports are generic to provide basic information across the board. However, they are also infinitely customizable! You can review some of the ways you can customize your reports in BigTime via the following webinar: https://youtu.be/R6juDAuEgNE We hope this helps! Thanks again, The BigTime Customer Success Team

Eman
Eman
Recruiting Coordinator in Philippines
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 10,000+ Employees

BigTime saves the time in timekeeping!

Comments: If you want to have the confidence in the accuracy of how many hours you bill your client for a certain project or if you want your employees to save time in creating their timesheet, choose BigTime!

Pros:

BigTime saved us from doing biologs, logging out and also the need of us to keep track by ourselves the time we spent for a single project. It is an online application where you can input how many hours did you consume just to create or to lead a single project versus the other projects that you are doing. BigTime saved me more time in logging in and logging out, and also keeping track with how many hours of work I did for the day.

Cons:

What I don't like about BigTime is that sometimes when you submit your timesheet, it creates duplicates times. So instead of just sending 40 hours of work in a week sometimes it gets doubled or tripled.

6 years ago

Eman, Thanks so much for posting a review for us here - we really appreciate everything you have to say and your taking the time to post a review. :) We are very pleased that our software is saving you time and freeing you up to do your job and run your business - that's precisely what we created BigTime to do! Regarding your duplication of time, please do not hesitate to reach out to our Support team ([email protected]) if this persists, as this is definitely not the norm for BigTime functionality. We'd be happy to help out and get this corrected. :) Feel free to reach out to us on the Customer Success Team as well. Thanks again, The BigTime Customer Success Team

Mike
VP Operations in US
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 11–50 Employees

Data Visibility And Project Cost Management

Comments: Overall, BigTime has been easy to do business with and the software has optimize our back office. The front end time and expense reporting system allowed us to kill static Excel forms and provide our users with a clean modern interface to start the data entry process.

Pros:

BigTime allowed us to optimize how we track project dollars and hours. In the past we would manually enter the data multiple times to different forms and systems - it was always out of date static information. Now, we enter the data once and have real-time access to project costs and hours. The data flows to invoices, reimbursements, and reports.

Cons:

Overall, the software is solid. There are a few navigation workflows that can be improved. BigTime is aware of some click stream patterns that result in getting too deep into a project where you need to click back out to the "home" screen to restart a navigation into a project. This happens more on the administration side - the time and expense entry process is simple.

6 years ago

Mike, Thanks a ton for taking the time to post a review for us here at BigTime - we know your time is precious and we appreciate you giving a little of it to us! We could not be happier that BigTime has made your life easier and allowed you to optimize how your business runs - that is one of the main reasons why we created the software in the first place! Getting rid of those static spreadsheets and freeing your employees up to do their jobs - that's music to our ears! Please let us know if there's anything we can do to assist you! Thanks again for the review, The BigTime Customer Success Team

Marek
CEO in Poland
Financial Services Software, 2–10 Employees

BigTime Review by M.T.

Comments: Overall, my experience with BigTime was positive. The platform's robust project management features provided me with the tools I needed to effectively plan and execute my projects. It helped me stay organized, track progress, and manage resources efficiently. While there was a learning curve associated with some advanced features, once I became familiar with the platform, it significantly improved my project management workflows. The availability of support resources and responsive customer service further enhanced my overall experience with BigTime. I would recommend it to others seeking a comprehensive project management solution.

Pros:

One of the things I liked most about BigTime was its comprehensive project management features. It offered a wide range of tools and functionalities that allowed me to effectively plan, track, and manage my projects. The ability to set up project timelines, allocate resources, track time and expenses, and generate detailed reports all in one platform was incredibly convenient and efficient. It helped streamline my project workflows and improve overall productivity.

Cons:

While I found BigTime to be a powerful project management solution, one thing I liked least was the learning curve associated with its advanced features. Some of the more complex functionalities required a bit of time and effort to fully grasp and utilize effectively. Although the platform provided helpful documentation and support resources, I felt that a more intuitive and user-friendly interface could have made the initial learning process smoother.

VP Engineering in US
Computer Hardware, 11–50 Employees

Excellent for Engineering Services

Comments: I have tried many solutions in the past and I found BT was the best fit for our organization. Very cost effective compared to other solutions. It requires little time to produce reports and the engineers find the UI for entering time easy and fast.

Pros:

Ability to easily add staff, create projects and budgets Report generation and ability to export reports to excel for pivot table analysis Fast online server responses

Cons:

No ability to import project files from other applications, excel / MSProject Limited number of levels for sub-tasks

5 years ago

David, Thanks so very much for posting a review for us here at BigTime. We really appreciate your thoughts and you're sharing them with us. We're pleased to hear that BigTime is helping you easily create staffers, projects, budgets, and reports and that you're getting some mileage from our exporting feature too. Regarding your cons, those are excellent ideas for Feature Requests, so we would definitely suggest that you do so! If you don't know how to submit a Feature Request, you can reach out to your Customer Success Rep, or directly to us here on the Customer Success Team. Thanks again! The BIgTime Customer Success Team

Josephine
Vice President in US
Civil Engineering, 11–50 Employees

Review of BigTime After a Month

Comments: After reviewing four options for Time and Expense Tracking software we decided on BigTime for two reasons: Ease of Use and Invoice Templates. The Time and Expense entry for the engineers in our office was intuitive and easy to learn. The mobile app works very well and is used more than we anticipated. From the administrative aspect the setup is relatively easy and the user interface is easy to follow and understand. I really like how the screens navigate from one to the other and how I can customize what I want to see on each screen. The clicking on the column headings to view the information in varies ways is great. We create about 50 - 60 invoices each month where the format may vary depending on the client for each one. BigTime does a good job of providing a base of invoice templates with the flexibility customize. The one thing that is really missing from the invoicing option is the ability to display the Total Cumulative Amount Invoiced as of the current invoice (prior amount + current invoice amount). I have requested this change and hopefully it will be added. The last aspect is customer support. Two training sessions were included in the software subscription. The first one was good for the very basic information, maybe a little too basic. The second session was much more informative that gave us some good practices to use with BigTime (Brea was very knowledgeable in both). The day to day support seems short handed. Most of the time you have to send an email and wait for a response which could take hours or the next day. As a new user that was a little frustrating. I don't necessarily need to talk to someone on the phone but a live chat would be great to get an answer and move on. That is the one area that I would recommend BigTime address. Overall we are happy with our decision to go with BigTime and I would recommend BigTime to others.

Pros:

The user interface is very intuitive and easy to learn

Cons:

I cannot display a cumulative invoice total in the budget summary for invoicing (prior billings + current billings).

bridget
Accounting/Business Manager in US
Environmental Services, 11–50 Employees

Efficiency that is well worth the money.

Comments: Project management efficiency

Pros:

Bigtime gives us the ability to manage our projects time and expenses more efficiently and work together cohesively as a team.

Cons:

Although I love the ease of reporting, it is a little messy. Granted I have too many... but I would love to see them identified better somehow in the list. bullet points maybe?

6 years ago

Bridget, Thanks so much for posting your review - it means a tremendous amount to us here at BigTime - your opinion matters to us! We are most pleased that our software is able to make you and your team more efficient and increases your overall cohesiveness. Those are some of our primary goals, so seeing them reflected in your review really makes our day. Regarding your thoughts on the presentation of reports - that's a great idea! How about submitting it as a Feature Request? We love getting new ideas from our users here at BigTime and if you would like to do so, simply send an email to [email protected]. Please make sure you put "Feature Request" in the subject line of the email and provide as much detail in the body of the email as possible so that we're sure that if and when we implement the feature, it is done properly. Our Development Team examines each Feature Request very carefully. We hope to hear from you soon - thanks again! The BigTime Customer Success Team

Carlos
Partner in US

implementation support was lacking

Comments: the software is nice, the implementation guy and the support team does not seem to know it well enough

Pros:

ease of use, sync with Lacerte, cloud, layout and features

Cons:

Implementation person assigned to us ([SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]) lacked good knowledge on the software and was vague and unclear on best practices of the software, did not have a full understanding of features, import capabilities, etc. We purchase the data import package and that process was bad, the numbers did not match ours, he just told us the import was done and provided not reports to show the numbers matched. Also the WIP import time was not able to be billed and he pushed us to support.

4 years ago

Carlos, Thank you for posting your review for us here at BigTime. We sincerely appreciate all of the feedback from our customers and we're glad that you're finding the software easy to use and that our features are working well for you. We do apologize for your data import related experiences and please know that we're taking your feedback to heart and examining our processes to ensure that our BigTime customers receive only the best training and support. Thanks again for letting us know. Please reach out if there is anything we can do to help. Thank you, The BigTime Customer Success Team

Robin
analyst in US

System is okay, but doesn't have as many nice shortcuts as our old system.

Pros:

that it keeps the entries from last week so that we don't have to completely start over each week. It is easy to login to system.

Cons:

That there are no short cuts for the comments. You can't create custom reports unless you are an administrator - it is hard to find stuff that you entered months ago

6 years ago

Robin, Thank you so much for your review - we really appreciate the time and the effort to let us know how things are going for you in your BigTime. Regarding the "create report" con below - actually, your BigTime System Administrator can, if they so choose, create a user group which would allow this ability to be assigned to any user. The specific permission would be "Report: BigTime Report Administrator" and if you, as a user, are given this permission, then you can create and edit reports without being a System Admin. Of course, this is ultimately up to your company, however, but the ability to do so exists within BigTime. Regarding the ability to find things that you entered months ago, we would love the opportunity to speak with you more about this. We might be able to provide some tips and tricks or some best practices that could help in this area. Please do drop us an email at [email protected] - we'd love to help! The BigTime Customer Success Team

Charlotte
Accounting and HR Assistant in US
Construction Software, 11–50 Employees

Expense/Time Tracking Made Easy

Pros:

That it sync with our Quickbooks account, makes tracking time and expenses easy and accessible to our employees who work in the field, and the support team is always prompt and helpful.

Cons:

The mobile app can be glitching. I recommend to our staff to enter time and expenses on the app, but to review and submit them through the desktop version.

6 years ago

Charlotte, Thanks a bunch for posting this review - it really does mean a lot to us that you've taken time and effort to post this for us! We are very pleased that our software is making tracking your time and expenses easy and we work hard to provide excellent customer service, so we're happy to hear that your experience there is positive as well. We understand your issues with the mobile app and we've recently done a fair amount of work to update and correct some of these glitches. Please be sure and download an updated version from your app store and many of these issues may now be corrected. We hope this helps! Thanks again, The BigTime Customer Success Team

Phoebe
Administrative Asssistant in US
Banking, 51–200 Employees

Outstanding Customer Service

Comments: BigTime helps us maintain time for everyone to bill. Setup is easy to sort for reporting.

Pros:

Software is very user-friendly and easy to learn. Someone is always available to help with questions.

Cons:

Reporting could use some enhancing. Some numbers come out as dates.

5 years ago

Phoebe, Thanks so much for posting this review for us here at BigTime - we really do appreciate it! We could not be more pleased to hear that you're happy with both our software and our services, as we work very hard to ensure that you get the very best of both from us! If you're having difficulty with reporting, there are many, many Knowledge Base Articles that you can access for free on our Knowledge Base - here's just one to get you started: http://kb.bigtime.net/using-bigtime/#using-reports Also, feel free to check out our BigTime Reporting Webinar as well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS_lGlFvy9o Please do let us know if there's anything else we can do for you - we're happy to help in any way we can. Thanks again! The BigTime Customer Success Team