15 years helping Israeli businesses

SimplePractice Reviews

4.6 (2,661) Write a Review!

About SimplePractice

Make the switch today to see why 100,000+ health and wellness entrepreneurs trust SimplePractice to run their business.

Learn more about SimplePractice

Pros:

SimplePractice is so easy to use and the customer service is wonderful & quick.

Cons:

The one feature I have been having trouble with is regarding the recent update adding Couple profiles.

SimplePractice ratings

4.3

8.5/10

SimplePractice has an overall rating of 4.6 out 5 stars based on 2,661 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used SimplePractice before?

Filter reviews (2,661)

Amanda
Amanda
Program Director in US
Hospital & Health Care, 2–10 Employees

Simple Practice saved me!

Comments: Truly a lifesaver. I feel like I am not a business person, but simple practice simplifies so many aspects of this.

Pros:

I love all of the things that the developers decided to incorporate in this platform. You can upload your business documents, any documents relevant to your client records and so much more. I have created questionnaires that are specific to my practice so that I can gather data upfront and this prevents me from missing out on money. I love the integration for scheduling appointments, telehealth and billing and invoicing. If you want to streamline your practice, this is for you.

Cons:

Clients cannot pay partial balances in their client portal yet, those payments have to be taken in the office.

5 years ago

Amanda, thanks for your positive review. We're proud to give you the back office you need to run a professional practice. Please don't hesitate to reach out if there's any additional feedback you have. - Gillian from SimplePractice

Ileana
Therapist in US
Mental Health Care, Self Employed

SimplePractice is a great platform to run a practice

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

SimplePractice makes having a private practice SIMPLE. With this software clients can schedule a consultation with you, input credit card information, you can send them the required paperwork, charge them for the invoice and also add clients notes and measurements all in one place.

Cons:

The price is a bit high when starting off, but it is worth it.

Carol
Therapist in US

Frustrations

1.0 2 months ago New

Comments: There are so many things that the programming does without my oversight that have created problems with my clients. I do not like the system invoicing clients without my approval, or billing their credit cards. I have felt that the software is running my practice rather than me.

Pros:

I am sure that there are positive things about this EHR, but at this point I am too disappointed to remember anything.

Cons:

I HATE the fact that the programming removes clients whom I have scheduled on a weekly basis from my schedule without apprising me or the client. On 5 occasions it has appeared that I stood up a client or forgot about them, since they were no longer on my schedule suddenly with no warning.

Jason
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

I recommend, but if you want to grow, it can get costly

Comments: Simple practice is very good for a small team or solo practitioner. When you start to get bigger, it might be wise to compare options.

Pros:

Simple practice is simple. That is so helpful for a software. It is much easier to set up than the one we are currently using. I also like the two-way Google calendar integration.

Cons:

If you start to add clinicians, then it gets pricey, simple practice does not differentiate between full-time and part-time clinicians in terms of pricing. So we switched, because adding part-time clinicians was getting too expensive for the software. It is also not a marketing centered software compared to the one we are using now.

Vincent
Clinical Sex Therapist in US
Mental Health Care, 11–50 Employees

Easy-to-Use, Customizable, and Well-Intergrated

Comments: Overall, this is a great product. I'd just recommend a few minor adjustments and it would be the perfect EHR!

Pros:

I really love the intuitive calendar management. I can 'drag and drop' appointments and can easily set recurrences and move recurring appointments. I also love the 'Load Last Note' feature where I can save time on filling in standard fields and concentrate more on the weekly/bi-weekly changes in information (i.e. client progress, client needs).

Cons:

I would improve the Telehealth app. The Telehealth app seems to malfunction quite frequently when clients are using their phones to join appointments. I have also noticed that my video glitches quite frequently. I would also improve the 'Share' function on Telehealth. It is very hard to screenshare and use it for sharing worksheets and handbooks.

Mike
Mike
Chief of Operations in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11–50 Employees

Mental Health EMR that has work to improve

Comments: Our experience has been on a down, up, and down trajectory. It was sold to the practice owner, who is not technical in IT, as a HIPPA compliant telemedicine app. It was sold but never setup correctly, and almost put us out of business, claims were getting denied at a very high rate, and copays were not being collected. Because the app was not setup, all of it resulted in loss collections. The reports are garbage, so we did not know until well after the damage had been done.
Now, as I am trying to integrate it with our accounting system (Quick Books Online), I can't get past the tier one support team, who keeps closing my request as solve, after providing work arounds that do not address the problems.
I would like to see SimplePractice take their user community's recommendations more seriously. It will only improve the software.

Pros:

The telemedicine virtual visits are awesome!

Cons:

Simple Practice is awful at reporting. The built in reports miss the market, and they will not allow users to create their own custom reports.

Jose
Business Manager in Bolivia
Cosmetics, 2–10 Employees

Outstanding product at an affordable price

Comments: Initially hesitant to adopt SimplePractice, I was accustomed to and comfortable with another EHR system. However, upon making the transition and familiarizing myself with the platform's navigation, the evident ease of use quickly became apparent.

Pros:

I spend significantly less on this software compared to a similar product I used before. It's user-friendly, and the customer support team responds promptly to my inquiries.

Cons:

The current system lacks user-friendly features that would facilitate a smooth document submission process.

Kristina
Kristina
Medical Records in US
Hospital & Health Care, 2–10 Employees

Great easy to use software

4.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

Like the name states. It was simple to learn and to use.

Cons:

Took a while to set up . Otherwise it was great.

Allie
HR Generalist in US
Hospital & Health Care, 11–50 Employees

Simple Practice Review

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: I have had an amazing experience overall

Pros:

I like the convenience of having therapy sessions online

Cons:

The only thing I don't like is when I need to use my phone but can't exit a session to do so

Jae
rmt in Canada
Alternative Medicine, 2–10 Employees

Love love love this

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

So easy to track notes and reliable! cant believe i didn't find this sooner

Cons:

I have absolutely nothing bad to say about this product

Casey
LPC in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed

Overall great software that could use a few improvements

Comments: Overall, I have been happy with Simple Practice. I wanted a place I could handle paperwork, notes, billing, scheduling, and secure video and messaging--this has got it all. It's priced fairly, and so far has been more consistent than more expensive competitors. The support staff is helpful and quick to respond, but I would like to see clients have direct support access so that I am not having to be a middle person when they have technical issues. (I was told they try to limit client contact for privacy reasons, but with a BAA and informed consent in place, I don't see how privacy would be an issue.) The biggest change I would like to see is for clients to be able to upload and send documents. This is something I'd imagine multiple users would appreciate as many of us are offering telehealth and need to have a copy of each client's ID. Also, it would be more convenient for providers if clients could access their demographics so that the provider is not responsible for making changes whenever they'd like to opt in/out of text or email alerts. Finally, I'd like to see the consent documents moved out of the client portal and with the other forms so they are more easily accessible for updating.

Pros:

Mostly user-friendly, responsive and helpful customer support, customizable templates, clear video, easy client onboarding and billing, great value for the price

Cons:

Placement of consent documents is awkward and not intuitive. I would like the client to be able to send documents to me, access tech support, and change their demographic info and opt in/out choices.

5 years ago

Hi Casey, thanks for your positive review, and for calling SimplePractice a great value for the price. We're proud to provide an excellent product at a great value to private practices everywhere. Welcome to our community. - Gillian from SimplePractice

Daren

Great Overall, but Their Settings Menu Needs Work

Comments: My experience has been good overall. I think they make a lot of aspects of treatment easy which is good given their name. I don't like very many EHR's in the world because all they care about is practice management and are pretty terrible for high-volume clinical tasks - which makes them indirectly quite expensive in terms of labor to use. I think SimplePractice is a good balance between the two - though their reporting and practice management is still pretty weak.

Pros:

I really like their balance between practice management and clinical documentation for a small practice, as well as the degree of customization for forms and documents. Their portal is pretty easy for clients to use (I rarely get people having trouble with it). I like their booking widget for my website. The telehealth video/audio quality is very good. Their help database is one of the better ones I've seen, lots of great articles and clear instructions that seems to be kept up to date.

Cons:

Their settings menu is not intuitive and you have to hunt around to find the setting you are looking for. CEU offerings are not on topics of interest to me. Their clearinghouse doesn't have one of the carriers I need. Reporting and practice management tools are weak. Their paid therapist collaboration group where potentially sensitive information is discussed is hosted by Facebook (perhaps the most untrustworthy and unethical software company on the planet) AND they charge us to be invited to participate on a platform that doesn't cost SimplePractice any money to host other than maybe some moderating? That doesn't align well with the brand reputation and quality of SimplePractice and isn't really a good value for the money (in my opinion).

Luis
LMFT in US

Expensive but (almost) worth it

Comments: SimplePractice is very good software for mental health. However, all the options and features lead to complexity. This isn't necessarily bad design - it's simply that there are so many things the software does that there is a lot to learn. Even if you're good with software, implementing the whole package in the condensed time frame required for starting up means that there are times when you'd love to talk with a support rep. It's not that it isn't physically possible to speak to a live person about using the software. It's that by the time you actually hear from a live person, you've either solved it on your own through hours of your own labor, found a work-around, or decided not to use the feature you needed help with.

Pros:

Robust and configurable. Every feature I can think of, that a mental health practitioner might need, is part of this product. Every part of your practice is configurable, from intake documents to discharge documents. Credit card processing? Yes. Online scheduling? Check (it even produces code for your website, so you can have people book appointments directly from your website). Revenue summaries? Yes. Client attendance reporting? Yes, that too. This review isn't the place to make a comprehensive list of features - but it is the the place to make the point that the feature list is comprehensive.

Cons:

SimplePractice offers different pricing tiers, so you can use as much of the software as you're willing to pay for. But, IMnsHO, what's the point of choosing the most robust software if you're not going to use the high-end (expensive) option? So, I pay (as of this writing) $99/mo to use the software. You'd think that princely sum would enable the occasional conversation with a support team member. It may, but I haven't been able to see how to do it. Have a look at the SimplePractice website and see if you can find a number to call for support. I could not. To be fair, they have a large number of videos which clearly explain how to use the software. They're very good, especially if you know which video you need to watch. Bottom line is when you're working a bunch of hours, stressed by carrying a full case load, trying to implement this very comprehensive software, you could use a friendly hand on the phone with set-up. At least, I could. Instead, I got (best case) 48 hour turnaround to emailed questions. For $99/mo, I feel like I should be able to call them now and again.

Psychologist in US
Mental Health Care, Self Employed

The name of the software says it all.

Comments: Overall, I find Simple Practice to be just that, simple. It has all manner of features that I do not employ nor does it force me to jump through hoops I don't require. I might well use some of the bells and whistles at some point but the ease of doing just what I need to do in minimal time is it's major selling point for my practice.

Pros:

The EHR is simple, uncomplicated, and lets me get my work documented without fuss or having to click through various pages to record progress notes. Also, the names in the calendar appear as first, and last, as opposed to some gibberish assigned to each patient that I am forced to remember as my former EHR software required.

Cons:

The setting of the appointment time I find to be clunky. It defaults to the current time, which means I have to scroll to the correct time when I make an appointment for the patient. Yes, a minor issue but I wish there was some other way to ascribe an appointment time. I frequently return appointment requests in the evening. having the calendar time default to a PM time is a minor issue but I'm not fond of it. A minor quibble, but I need to be careful or I schedule someone for 8:00 PM when it should have been a morning appointment. I'll get used to it I am sure.

Gracie
Psychotherapist in US

Successful Practice Meet Your Sidekick

Comments: I switched to Simple Practice from another EHR due to the features offered and the customer support. It is important for me as practice owner to have features such as managing the client portal access and the ability to send new client paperwork via the client portal. Simple Practice has all that is needed with integrated insurance billing, invoices, super bills, clinical note structure, video therapy, and credit card swipe. I am thrilled to have Simple Practice and look forward to learning more about all the features the EHR provides! I know Simple Practice will help me and my practice grow exponentially!

Pros:

I enjoy the software has integrated assessments, a client portal accessible to place on your practice website, Wiley Treatment Planner, and built in paperwork needed for new clients. I am appreciate of the customer service that is prompt with response. The software has amazing training videos that assists with new users like myself.

Cons:

Billing insurance does not seem intuitive, however I signed up for a class to gain knowledge in billing.

Mental Health Care, 2–10 Employees

Still learning, but loving it!

Comments: It is obvious that a great deal of thoughtful consideration has gone into the development of this software. While there elements that I would like to see incorporated as a matter of convenience, there are absolutely no deal breakers here! I do have much to learn, but I feel confident that I made the choice for my private practice. Try the free month ~ be impressed!

Pros:

It's only fair to say that I still have many things to learn! I've not experienced the insurance side of things yet, and that's a beast all its own. That said... I find the online "How To" articles helpful and easy to follow. The videos are also helpful most of the time. I have not attempted to reach a person by phone, however, mostly b/c I've not needed to (yet). Being cloud based was an absolute must. Love the intuitive and attractive visual interface! The Client Portal has been easy to incorporate into the company website, and clients find it easy to use. I like being able to initiate the intake process immediately with a client who requests an appointment. Super like the reminders that help me keep up with what needs to be completed. It has also been helpful to receive an email of my agenda for the day. Having the flexibility to modify forms or create my own is awesome! It took me some time to understand how, but I got it.

Cons:

I prefer structure when I'm just learning how to navigate new software. It is helpful to me to have "How To" guides in an order that leads me through necessary processes. I found myself wondering if I'd completed everything required in a process, was there a tab I hadn't discovered, etc. Having a check list, an order, some sort of structure to remove the mystery as I acclimated would have been reassuring. Color coding features would be helpful to differentiate between clinicians, insurance companies, etc. I find the mobile app to be difficult to navigate. Attempting to schedule clients or see what is available is cumbersome. I've since synced the calendar with Google, and that appears to be working more smoothly. It would be wonderful if there was a way to connect local SP users. I've had questions come up that a user more seasoned than myself could likely answer in five minutes....versus the hour or more I spent chasing rabbits.

6 years ago

Thanks so much for your positive review. We have a thriving community of SimplePractice customers - most likely in your local area - on our Community Forum at community.simplepractice.com and in our Facebook community at facebook.com/groups/simplepractice. We're here to help - thanks for choosing SimplePractice. - Gillian from SimplePractice

Jill
Mental Health Care, 2–10 Employees

I have had on-going insurance enrollment and payer reports since I started with Simple Practice.

Comments: It is simple with respect to face validity. You can navigate around pretty easily without making serious or irreversible mistakes that many of us fear with the technical aspects of EHRs.

Pros:

It works relatively well if you have mostly direct pay clients or accept only a couple of insurances. It also works well if you have very few tech problems, your are pretty "techy" and industry knowledgeable to begin with, and you are ok with short answer email responses to any questions you might have.

Cons:

There is no one to call. Even if you email asking for a phone call, they won't talk to you. Their customer support consists of sending you video and article links about how to do things. Or emailing you back and forth over the period of weeks or even months. However, if you have an actual, real-time problem, that cannot be fixed by watching a video, and requires someone to actually get on a phone and figure out what is going on- forget it. Your accounts will be hopelessly upside down, which is anything but simple! For example: insurance enrollments or payer reports that require immediate technical support, forget it. They will email you back and forth for months telling you that they submitted to have the problem fixed, as if that fixed your problem. Or they will answer you without addressing the whole problem. If you accept and/or bill multiple insurance companies, keep moving. Simple Practice is not the answer. It's too difficult to move your entire operation to another EHR once you have completely set up with Simple Practice and then you find out months later that there are no "simple" fixes when you have legitimate insurance problems.

7 years ago

Hi Jill - Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. I'm sorry to hear you feel like we're not here to help you! That's definitely not the case. While we aren't able to respond immediately to emails and don't currently have phone support, we do our best to get you a personalized response within a few hours. We also have several Live Online Classes to show customers the various features in the platform and how to use them. If you're interested in signing up for any of these, here is the link to do so: http://features.simplepractice.com/classes/ If there's something we haven't helped out with, please don't hesitate to send us a message here: https://support.simplepractice.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. I'll make sure we help you out. We appreciate your patience and candor, Jill!

Cheryl
Owner & Speech Language Pathologist in US

Simple Practice: An EMR for Speech Language Therapists with Potential

Comments: Overall, I find SP to be an acceptable, but not optimal EMR. I continue to use it, because, quite frankly, my understanding from other SLPs is that all of the EMRs that are available to those of us who are single member practices (thereby giving us a single member practice budget) are lacking in some way as well. I continue to use it because it allows me to easily bill insurance. I find the cost to be exorbitant for the little I use it for though. It is my largest business expense, and as a part time practice owner who wants to spend time helping clients, not figuring out how to use an EMR, it is a constant frustration.

Pros:

The claims filing process using Simple Practice is very easy, and efficient once initial information is entered correctly. There is only one tweak that has to be made each time, and it can be submitted. Claims are paid quickly, once remittance capabilities are set up with each insurance the claims details quickly populate. SOAP notes can be set up and customized fairly easily, including with one line responses and check boxes once one has figured out how to do this. It is very easy to enter data for much of the note on my phone following each session at client homes. I can then easily use the Simple Practice App on my phone and take a photo of the handwritten notes I jot down in session and it imports easily into Simple Practice. These two features are the reason I keep using the product as the rest of it's options need work to be functional for an SLP.

Cons:

SP lacks features that I really need in an EMR. One of the biggest things it lacks is a way to easily note quantifiable data, match it to a short term goal, and quickly give me the ability to bring up a number of days of that data with a search. I have to keep quantifiable data on separate excel spreadsheets for each of my clients in order to be able to quickly access it to write progress reports (which I do quarterly). If I want to batch print SOAP notes, I can't. Each note has to be opened/viewed individually (even though it appears that it all gets pulled down together in a Zip File). Who has time for that? Simple Practice also lacks the ability to customize certain features. For example, I really want to be able to set up text alerts for clients for certain periods of time, but not always. Such as the week I return from a vacation. I do not want to have to go into each client, set alerts, then remember to turn them back off again after that date. I also want to be able to just set texts to remind new clients initially, not weekly. Another thing I really need is the ability to batch email clients from within the EMR without listing each email (for privacy). I currently have to cut and paste notes to each client and email separately. For example: when sending out procedural updates, reminding clients of a week I am closed and so on. Why haven't these things been added/customized yet? There are a large number of users who have requested them in the request section.

3 years ago

Hi Cheryl, thank you for your thoughtful feedback. I can certainly address some of the "Cons" you mentioned. The same issues you run up against when trying to mass email clients with updates are the ones we have to deeply consider when building a mass messaging feature through our platform. As an EHR, client data is of utmost importance to us and many mass messaging tools include contact information for all the recipients in it. We're still exploring ways to enable mass messaging, while maintaining the confidentiality and security of your client data. As far as being able to quantify data for reporting, exporting all Progress Notes onto one document, creating timeframes for when appointment reminders are enabled, these are all features that we could implement in the future. If you'd like us to further consider these feature requests, let us know on our Ideas & Suggestions Board: http://simplepractice.uservoice.com/ ! - Ruth

Ariel
Business Manager in US

Satisfied Chiropractor & Acupuncturist

Pros:

Lots of important pros. 1) Online scheduling and intake, 2) integrated payment processing and auto-pay, 3) cloud based, 4) competitive pricing, 5) very easy to learn, 6) the team is getting faster (slightly) with updates/improvements, 7) works for chiropractic billing now, 8) free online help articles, and 9) free month trial. We looked into so many options, and Simple Practice was clearly the best in our opinion. We're still happy with our choice; the pros outweigh the cons!

Cons:

1) Text reminders: you only have a few options of when they go out, and all options are 24+ before the appointment. A text reminder shortly before greatly reduces no-shows, so it's a major feature missing. 2) Confirming appointments: you can't turn off the need to confirm appointments, and it's time consuming to confirm every. single. appointment. We want the option to turn off confirmation, or at least for some appointment types. 3) Email reminders: you have to turn them on for every patient, and it's not quick to get to it. 4) Sales tax: they don't track it, so you have to manually keep track. You shouldn't use this software if you sell products regularly. 5) Customer service: too slow. Not just initial response time, but how many back and forth emails it takes to get an answer. I tried the live q&a and it didn't get me an answer any faster. Chat would be a big improvement. 6) Group practice: overall it works well. The thing that is lacking is the report to help with payroll. It's confusing and needs better instructions/help articles 7) Online scheduling: overall good. The con is cancelling online. A) it's hard to find, so we get more phone calls than we used to. B) we let patients cancel up to 12 hours beforehand, but the software cuts it off 24 hours before, so we again get more calls than before. 8) Color coding: you can't set the background color of appointments. For us, it would be so helpful to make insurance appointments a different color than self-pay.

6 years ago

Hi Ariel - We love hearing from our customers that have shopped around and find SimplePractice the best platform for their needs! It's great to see you're utilizing so many features already. When it comes to your requests for feature adjustments, we regularly take customer requests into consideration to make sure our product meets the needs of all types of business owners. We're created a Product RoadMap to share what we've done lately and what is in the works here if you're interested in checking it out: https://support.simplepractice.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005264123-SimplePractice-Product-Roadmap Thanks for your detailed review!

Amber
Practice Manager in US

Administration is Frustrating

Pros:

It is simple to use and if you don't have a large number of clients that you see then it works well.

Cons:

None of the billing reports include all data points that is necessary for keeping track of payments and insurance reimbursements. For example, one report may have date of service and paid amount, but not the date the payment was made or for which clinician. Another report may have the date of service, client, and clinician, but not the payment amount or date it was paid. This makes it necessary to keep records outside the system which creates a problem for record keeping from a HIPAA standpoint. It's also a problem that we are paying for a system that doesn't cover all our needs. The second significant problem is that Simple Practice doesn't allow patient medical record numbers. They also have stated they do not intend to include this in future improvements. When you can't use the billing reports because they are incomplete, and then you can't assign a medical record number to a patient, it makes it extremely difficult to follow HIPAA guidelines on record keeping. You can assign a medical record number to a patient, but there is no place to put it so you are unable to do any reports or searches using the number. And, again, you must keep a record of it outside the system.

3 years ago

Hi Amber, thank you for the detailed review! You're right, none of our Reports include the date an insurance payment was made, but the Appointment Status Report includes the date of service, amount owed, amount insurance paid, amount client paid and the clinician's name. Here's more on the Appointment Status Report: [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]! Although you can't assign a medical record number in the system, each client has a unique numerical code in the URL. You can use these numbers, or the entire URL to distinguish your clients from one another outside the system. - Ruth from SimplePractice

Stephanie
Private Practice Clinician in US
Individual & Family Services, Self Employed

Price Gouging

Comments: My experience has been that Simple Practice is not responsive to client complaints or concerns. They have ignored many issues and do not respond in a timely manner to basic questions. Do not get stuck with simple practice as they have a record or raising fees while taking away features.

Pros:

I like the platform but not that they keep raising the cost over and over again.

Cons:

In 2 years, my Simple Practice subscription has gone up 68%: Feb of 2020 it was $59 March of 2020 it was raised to $69 (+17%) March of 2022 increased to $99 (+44% from last increase, +$68% since 2020) Should I expect this kind of rate increases moving forward? Next increase would be at $140/month and then $200/month? They took away calendar sync! You have to buy premium just for a feature that should already be included in the basic. I know you all are "adding features" but none that add any value to me so I'm paying 68% more for the same experience, same functionality. I don't have any use for chatting with people during sessions, blurring the background, default templates or Wiley treatment plans that don't apply to my business, mobile billing or insurance billing, online scheduling, or a website/marketing directory thru you all. It's especially galling that for the extra money, I still have to build complicated Excel macros to simply calculate and track my actual/net income per session because there isn't a report that shows all of your appts and with how much you get after Stripe's cut.

Abigail
Co-Owner/Occupational Therapist in US
Hospital & Health Care, 2–10 Employees

Great EMR and billing software for occupational therapy community based practice

Comments: Our occupational therapy practice has really enjoyed the ease of SimplePractice whether we use it on our laptops or the mobile version since we don't have a physical location. The free trial was a great way to see how the program can work for us and we are so glad that it did it!

Pros:

We have really enjoyed having the app feature for our community based practice. All of our therapists are not in a clinic and this allows for them to document anywhere and quickly. Making changes and creating templates is very easy and simple to do. Our team really has enjoyed the sync feature of the calendar with our G-suite as well as how easy it is to do billing. As the administrative person, submitting claims is SO easy that it has given so much more time to perform other tasks.

Cons:

While the calendar syncs seamlessly for our practice, it would be nice that visually that appointment looks different other than looking for the CPT codes to denote a difference. We also have supervisory roles and sometimes it is shared between more than 1 therapist so it would be great to assign that more easily.

Catherine
Licensed Mental Health Counselor in US
Mental Health Care, Self Employed

SimplePractice increased prices AND took away features...

Comments: Very poor. While the service sounded great to start, they blindsided their customers and have provided an underwhelming response to our concerns. I specifically wrote them regarding the rate increases and was provided a copy/paste response (which was already published elsewhere). It wasn't personalized and it most certainly didn't address my concerns. I would caution all who are considering using SimplePractice as their EHR. This company has increased prices multiple times in the course of 2 years with the latest being the most significant. They don't deliver on promises and they could care less about caring for those using their platform.

Pros:

I've used SimplePractice as my EHR for a couple years. I liked it. It was easy to use. However, they announced rate increases that begin in March 2022. Their announcement was sent out less than 2 months in advance which doesn't feel like enough time for the customer to make a decision on which new plan to use or switch systems.

Cons:

They are a shady and money hungry company. They don't actually listen to customer feedback that results in any improvements or changes. They promise future improvements, but nothing comes to fruition. My subscription cost has a 77% increase if I want to keep some of the same features while losing some of the features I currently have. It is a 154% increase if I want to keep ALL of the same features I currently have and gain a few features that I don't really need and have no use for. Due to that outrageous price increase, I have to look elsewhere for my needs.

Jennine
Jennine
Marriage and Family Therapist, Supervisor, and Owner in US
Mental Health Care, 11–50 Employees

It Needs MORE

Comments: Over all, it works. It is awesome if you run your private practice solo. No problem at all. But for those who have a group practice, it needs lots of help.

Pros:

I love that I can track client sessions, treatment notes, payment, etc. It is excellent for an individual clinician, but terrible for group practices.

Cons:

I have many complaints - first the support team is not available to help. The program is not robust enough for a group practice, and it charges so much money for a larger corporation. I'd love to see some sort of discount for larger companies. I have two group practices and it allows double bookings. As you can imagine, a therapy practice can't have double bookings. We have to review the room usage weekly to catch double bookings. It does not allow us to change the front end view (client view). The front end shows our multiple rooms, instead of just showing our office location. It would be nice to have the ability to edit what clients see. It also doesn't allow us to merge data with quickbooks, so we spend hours with data entry each week.

6 years ago

Jennine, thank you for your candor and your review. We're glad that you love how SimplePractice can track client sessions, notes, and payments. We're committed to providing as much flexibility and control over your practice as possible - some practices prefer to book group or family appointments side-by-side, which is why SimplePractice does allow clinicians to double-book. If you'd like, we'd love to set up some time with you and our Group Practice Specialist, Paige, who can address some of the concerns you've raised here. We're committed to your success - feel free to reach out to me directly at [email protected]. - Gillian from SimplePractice

Cathy
Social Worker in Canada
Mental Health Care, Self Employed

Tried a few, decided to keep SimplePractice

Comments: I can now easily log my notes without taking up space in my office (I converted from paper files to SP); I can input my notes much quicker; text reminders for clients!! No more no-call-no-shows!!

Pros:

SP is easy to use and quite intuitive. The customer service agents are simply amazing - always very kind and unlike many from other companies, they actually take the time to read and write personalized replies instead of sending out a cookie-cutter template. I've asked more questions than I care to remember and every single time, I have received a precise answer with clear, detailed explanations. That, in my opinion, makes it all worth it. It has pretty much all the features I need without going over-the-top with bells and whistles, adding unnecessary bloat like another major service provider.

Cons:

There are only two things which come to mind, and they aren't major cons. The first is the inability to fully personalize text messages in another language - we can modify the text reminder; however, the date that is sent with the message remains in english (so in a french message, the date still appears in english - day of the week, month, date, time). Not a major issue, but it would be great to offer an option to convert the whole message into a given language. Second is the ability to add an add-on service for an appointment. For example, I offer animal-assisted therapy to some of my clients. I would love to be able to track how many hours my animals are putting in; as of now, there is no way to add and add-on service, I have to actually enter my co-therapist as a client and "book" him an appointment for his hours to appear somewhere in my logs. Again, not a major issue, it would simply be nice to be able to add additional services to a session.

6 years ago

Hi Cathy, I'm so happy to hear SimplePractice has felt intuitive and that your communication with customer service has been clear and precise. If you're interested, feel free to check out our product roadmap blog to keep up with what we're working on: https://tinyurl.com/y8hklj7b. Best, Niki