Filter by:

• Overall
  • Customer Service Software

About Miro

The #1 online collaborative whiteboard platform where teams get work done.

Learn more about Miro

Maszni A.
Maszni A.
Senior Web Developer
Entertainment, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/03/2021

"Right tool for online visual collaboration"

Comments: Miro is the most constantly software that we have use when the pandemic hit our country, and we need to work remotely from home. It has all the tools that we need to collaborate on task and project and it work on real-time setting. We are really happy adopting this software as part of our work system.

Pros: Online meeting and project discussion in online settings is the strongest feature that Miro has offered. Screen sharing is the most important and really critical feature that me and my team need when we are doing an online meeting for our project discussion as it will help us to visually showing our computer screen for other to see the point that i am presenting.

Cons: There are some bugs with the screen sharing, like it won't load my audio file and failed to play it but work correctly with the video file. The whiteboard has no board to its canvas and if not control correctly it will taking too much resource of my computer RAM and will drag my computer to run slowly.

• Reviewed on 22/03/2021
Richard L.
Richard L.
Product Designer
Financial Services Software, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/09/2021

"Daily Miro user"

Comments: Have been able to map out UX processes and product strategies.

Pros: It is a quick way to collaborate on planning and UX processes and research with team members as well as a great way to present findings or planning.

Cons: Sometimes there is a lag when working with large Miro files with very large amounts of data.

Alternatives Considered: Whimsical and Figma

Reasons for Choosing Miro: Miro's video chat functionality

Reasons for Switching to Miro: Miro's video chat functionality, better overall features

• Reviewed on 10/09/2021
R.manoj A.
R.manoj A.
Product Manager
  • Reviewed on 01/07/2021

"All in one tool for collaboration, ideation and planning"

Comments: My overall experience with Miro is super cool because the product me to achieve my tasks as a UX designer in eery product building journey very easier because of its intuitive and easy to use features.

Pros: The Collaboration feature that Miro provides has enormously helped me to easily conduct Retrospective sessions without any hassle.It also acts as a knowledge base for the product, design and marketing teams to know more about the product's ideation and it's planning.

Cons: I feel the cost per extra participant for the collaborative session is costlier as it is an extra charge other than the subscription price.So kind of dynamic pricing plan for startups would be really helpful.

Alternatives Considered: Lucidchart

Reasons for Switching to Miro: I choose Miro over the alternative products as it supports wide variety of use cases which can be used by multiple teams in a company.

• Reviewed on 01/07/2021
Ronald U.
professor
E-Learning, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/08/2021

"Enough about project management, Miro is awesome for teaching !!"

Comments: I'm a university teacher. Since the pandemic started, I have been trying different platforms and software every semester. I have a pen tablet (Wacom Intuos L), but pairing it with the right sofware or platform is kinda tricky. I'm very picky and demanding about the quality of the drawings and visual tools I can present to my students in each class; and that's why I'm always looking for better tools. I've used OpenBoard, MS Whiteboard, MS OneNote, Krita, Blender (yes, not kidding!), Google Jamboard, Inkscape and Diagrams IO. Since I found Miro, everything changed, it's like... this is the tool !!... finally!!... I use it for each one of my classes. Also, I started using it in my other job, as a patent examiner, because it was so easy to visually represent all the information about a technical invention... but primarilly I use Miro as a teaching tool. I like Miro so much, I'm thinking about making a series of videos in my YouTube channel about how to use Miro for teaching, so the other professors at my university can use it too... and maybe like that we could convince the university to buy us some license... I hope it works. oh... I also used it to teach math to my niece, she is 13 years old, she really loved it

Pros: The "upload"-->"saved files" its the most usefull tool ever. I work with Inkscape to produce PNG drawings for my classes, and with Miro I can upload them into my "saved files" and re-use them in other classes... it's like having a library of drawings. Absolutely brilliant.

Cons: The price. I think you could make a simpler version for teachers that don't have enough money for a tool oriented to project management. The "teacher" version doesn't need Canvas, and all the others fancy integrations, just give us the "saved files" and the basic tools and we will make magic with Miro.

Veljko Z.
Lead Engineer
Information Technology & Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/04/2020

"Quick collaboration with real update-as-you-type across the board, perfect for collecting thoughts"

Comments: We've been using Miro for months now for team retrospectives, collecting notes on past releases, gathering ideas for improvements etc. So far, we haven't had any experiences where we were left with feeling that something was lacking. The whole team is very satisfied with this product.

Pros: It's great when your team is out of reach and you need to gather some ideas. It works even better than the physical presence of people, because it forces them to put it in a note - you can organize notes, transform them etc. Also, you can even see where everybody's mouse cursor is, which, even though isn't required, gives you a nice feeling of collaboration (imagine 10 cursors flying around, doing stuff... it just feels powerful and stimulating). Of course, you can turn it off if you'd like to.
The collaboration board is 'near-infinite', offers many types of objects (stickies being most popular, but also tasks, lanes, images etc). There's meeting agenda, todo list, and other stuff you might need from an online meeting tool.
Paid version also gives you an option to use active elements, like voting, countdown timer etc. Very cool.

Cons: The history of changes isn't that easy to track - who did what and when, who's put this element? when? what was added by John? etc.
What this tool doesn't offer is an actual meeting (call/video) - for that, you'd have to use other means to connect.

• Reviewed on 21/04/2020
Faruk A.
Faruk A.
Head of Growth
  • Reviewed on 29/07/2021

"Best tool for 100% remote teams for collaboration"

Comments: We're working 100% remote in several locations. We were using Miro even before the pandemic but due to the switch to the remote working, it became a must for our tech-stack. I like the versatility and smooth user experience on this software. It replaced our physical boards, and we can do even more with this tool online, nobody misses the physical boards. When we have our meetings, Miro is always open, we also do our project discussions on Miro. We forgot about presentations since we can share our Miro project instead of wasting time on creating slides. As a manager and content producer, I use it as an individual as well. It triggers my creativity and I am very glad to have this tool in my daily workflow.

Pros: As a collaboration tool, Miro has everything. It has integration with almost everything out there, and for us, it makes a huge difference. We use it for presentation purposes, task tracking, visualization of our projects, and team communication tool. Miro is extremely easy to use. I didn't have any issues to share with the newcomers in the team, everybody loves it.

Cons: Earlier this year, I noticed some issues with the screen sharing but recently, it seems to be fixed. The pricing for additional team member is slightly high, it would be great to make it a little useful. However, if you compare with the other tools out there, still the price is sitting in the middle for me. I never really had to contact the Support so I can't comment on this.

• Reviewed on 29/07/2021
Jael N.
Strategist
Internet, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/08/2021

"Great online collaboration tool"

Comments: Miro kinda saved me when I didn't have any alternatives in facilitating my creative sessions when Covid hit. I was able to implement it very quickly and it resonates to most of the users I have so far introduced it to. Great tools and templates to make work efficient.

Pros: It is a very reliable collaborative tool that provides a very intuitive user experience even for the most digitally challenged users. Most of all, it makes many dreadful meetings more fun.

Cons: As an admin it is difficult to manage my team. Currently it is very hard to control the type of membership of people in my organization. I have paid members, free members, trial members, free non-team users and everything in between. It seems like I cannot find a proper approach to have people join as a free member, it just happens, or doesn't. Also, it's a bit annoying that opening a board results in the 'hand' tool by default, while there are many other navigational tools available. Set the normal cursor as default instead?

Alternatives Considered: Mural

Reasons for Switching to Miro: Easier in use

CTO
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/02/2021

"The best in shared whiteboards"

Comments: Great for whiteboarding but the click bait to get you into using more features definitely distracts from getting the most out of that feature.

Pros: As a shared whiteboard tool for the remote era, it is awesome. It has the tools and templates to get the job done.
It has some other tools you didn't know you needed to go with the whiteboarding, these will differ by team.

Cons: Beyond the basic whiteboarding, it is a jack of all trades and master of none. There is way too much functionality (issue tracking, project management etc) that most people have some other software that both does the job better and integrates with their other systems. These other pieces of functionality aren't easy to turn off, leading to many conflicting uses of the system, and overly busy UI. Also they are clearly distracting the development teams from adding the more immediately useful features. Don't try and do too many things. Focus on what you are good at.
Change reporting is way too limited to be useful.

Alternatives Considered: Zoom Meetings

Reasons for Choosing Miro: Neither of the other options work outside meetings.

Reasons for Switching to Miro: functionality

• Reviewed on 11/02/2021
Masturah D.
Masturah D.
Administrative Assistant
Telecommunications, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/07/2021

"Miro is good with digital whiteboard"

Pros: I really like that there are not limitation on Miro usefulness as it has been a great additional software that has help me and my team to express our idea on the virtual discussion. It work seamlessly that now we can't have online meeting without it anymore.

Cons: The text search feature is too slow when i searching for any text or notes that i use on the whiteboard. Sometime, it will even returning result that are not related with the keyword that i have entered and left me frustrating.

• Reviewed on 08/07/2021
Randy E.
Experience Manager
  • Reviewed on 29/12/2020

"Essential tool for creative collaboration remotely"

Comments: I'm basically doing workshop brainstorming, process mapping, and similar that I would have previously done on a white board or easel sheets in Miro. There are a couple of unforeseen benefits to this:
- The results are much neater than live sessions
- It's easier to create report-ready output (this was always a tedious aspect of traditional methods).
- It's enabled me to create more visual presentation of many aspects of my work that I had not before. (their template library helps with this as well).

Pros: My team does a lot of user research and design - which is incredibly difficult to do without collaboration - traditionally in a conference room with a whiteboard, post-it notes, markers, easel pads, etc. I was seriously worried about how we would be able to do this effectively in a pandemic all working remotely. Miro has been tremendously helpful in facilitating such remote yet collaborative, creative workshop sessions. No tool will overcome all the challenges associated with that, but my team has learned how to leverage Miro to make these online workshops much more effective than they would have been without. We didn't search for a tool like Miro until the pandemic, but now I use it for so many things I can't imagine giving it up whenever things return to "normal."

Cons: Some aspects of the interface and using it I don't find intuitive. For all the hours I've used it now, I still get tripped up once in a while in what I consider some 'clumsy' interface decisions.

• Reviewed on 29/12/2020
Catalina P.
Portfolio manager
Management Consulting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/09/2020

"Brainstorming tool"

Comments: Miro is a great app to work collaboratively with partners to discuss new ideas or materialize process and networks

Pros: I like the versatility it has to work alone or in collaboration with colleagues or outsiders. It's very intuitive and easy to use for brainstorming sessions. Great tool.
Mind maps are also easy to use

Cons: The format options could be included in a toolbar or an upper bar in order to easy customize the shapes/comments/figures/etc

Alternatives Considered: Microsoft Teams

Reasons for Choosing Miro: Because it was a downloaded app and did't allow you to work online with others. Complicated and no t user friendly

Switched From: EdrawMind

Reasons for Switching to Miro: Broad options to work with

• Reviewed on 08/09/2020
Mateus K.
Mateus K.
Intern
Research, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/05/2021

"A must-use collaboration tool for any team working remotely"

Pros: Before discovering Miro, working remotely with my team was sometimes quite difficult. Before the pandemic, when working together we would usually use a sheet of paper or a whiteboard to express ourselves. We'd create diagrams, brainstorm together, sketch some screens for a software... Even though common and popular collaboration tools really help us, none of these tools gave us as much freedom as a whiteboard or a blank sheet of paper. Until we found Miro. Miro not only gives us this freedom we longed for, but it has incredibly useful features such as frames, post-its, shapes, text, integration with other platforms... The word seamless is perfect to describe how easy it is to start using it. Yet, the vast amount of features make me feel I'm still at the tip of the iceberg and it can help me with so much more. Inviting people to a Miro team is easy, sharing a board with a large group is also very easy.

Cons: Miro unfortunately is a bit heavy for low-end machines and lags a bit when used by people with older computers. Also, it requires a good internet connection so whenever people suffer from bad connectivity, Miro ends up not being that useful.

• Reviewed on 05/05/2021
Max S.
Max S.
Director, Customer Success
  • Reviewed on 29/02/2020

"Awesome tool to visualize your concepts"

Comments: It's awesome! Great tool, one really needs to visualize complex concepts, processes and structures.
We used it to create MVP of trainings, manage our Product team roadmap, design R&D processes and many-many more other difficult-to-tackle projects.

Pros: - Ease of use is stunning. It's so cool how native is your experience with the editor - they detect the touchpad and optimize editing for that. Awesome!
- Pre-built templates helps to start conceptualize, instead of bothering with bells and whistles of graphics
- The endless board is amazing - you can keep lots of stuff in different forms (mind maps, hierarchies, Customer Journeys) that is related to the same thing together.

Cons: - Sometimes "clever" positioning of elements works not in the way I would expect, but I guess it's something I just haven't got used to. I suppose it's rather minor inconvenience.
- Guys, you have to do something with your onboarding - it's way to annoying for people, who just logged in to view the board someone invited them to. I would need to click away from 3 pop-ups to just see the board. If you manage to fix it - your tool will be perfect!

• Reviewed on 29/02/2020
Leon J.
Leon J.
Industrial Designer
Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/09/2018

"RealtimeBoard is a gamechanger for design collaboration"

Comments: In early-stage product development, no-one wants to pay for the time it takes for working documents to look good. This does not mean they don't want the documents to be clear, concise, and understandable, and it absolutely does not mean that they want good ideas and analyses to get lost in the clutter. In a paper-post it-CAD/DTP-workflow this is often the case. RealtimeBoard adresses all these issues and is a true gamechanger for the design industry. Thank you!

Pros: RealtimeBoard has become an integral part of my workflow. It is:
• Intuitive and hassle-free to use
• Lightweight and available everywhere
• In rapid development—constantly improving the core product
I use it for:
• Everything from early stage ideation to larger scale mapping and analysis
• Collaboration with other designers on my team
• Co-creative workshops and interviews with users and clients
• The remote-work version of everything above
• Presentations, working documents, and even interim reports.

Cons: On my view, there are no major drawbacks with RealtimeBoard. However, I find the pricing model a minor hindrance. Although it suits my current situation just fine, it was a bit rigid when I worked in a three-person team.

• Reviewed on 12/09/2018
Yan C.
UX Designer
Marketing & Advertising, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/01/2019

"Great product"

Comments: My company hasn't fitted the bill to have Realtimenboard (RTB) work with our Atlassian suite, so I won't know the full extent of what this interaction looks like. We use links to reference disparate applications. So while this isn't a con, it is a reality that a lot of us find workarounds for. For example, I use Sketch to create static prototypes and on the first page I create an art board for a workflow. Depending on the depth of the workflow and the number of licenses available for our company on RTB, I will opt to create my flowchart within the native Sketch application. Doing workflows within Sketch is cumbersome and not ideal :(

Pros: I primarily use this for creating workflows and Sprint Design Meetings. The versatility in the tool is very handy and the potential for this application to integrate with others is very handy.

Cons: I had some trouble trying to figure out the hierarchy within Realtimeboard (RTB). Such as the relationship with the nomenclature of "Team", "Project", "Board". Another scenario I spent time wondering about was, what is the ideal scenario was for archived boards? There are other small things I would like to see different, but I don't know if this is because I'm not a super user or if my concerns are valid.

• Reviewed on 30/01/2019
UX designer
Design, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/03/2021

"Fantasic tool for brainstorms and digital whiteboards"

Comments: Fantastic, I recommend it to everyone!

Pros: I love that it allows multiple people to see what we are working on. It's great for a variety of functions like mind mapping, brainstorms, and flow documentation for applications.

Cons: Nothing really except would love to recovered deleted teams boards.

• Reviewed on 24/03/2021
Co-Founder
Internet, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/09/2019

"The BEST visual planning tool ever"

Comments: The best tool to plan and organize things visually.

Pros: Miro is so flexible. I can plan and organize almost anything visually. The recent addition of the Kanban board makes the tool complete.

Cons: Sometimes, there are hiccups when navigating around the canvas. Other than that, the tool is simply amazing

• Reviewed on 29/09/2019
Prasad K.
Tech Director
Computer & Network Security, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/04/2021

"Easy to use"

Comments: I love it

Pros: So much easier to use than Figma or any other tool.

Cons: Limited free plan, cannot create more thAn 3 boards

Alternatives Considered: Figma

Switched From: Figma

• Reviewed on 15/04/2021
Venture Capitalist & Founder
Venture Capital & Private Equity, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/09/2020

"Miro is the best digital whiteboard"

Pros: The degree to which the user can zoom out and have multiple areas of productivity.

Cons: Ideally the templates would be available for selection on mobile and other devices.

Alternatives Considered: Jamboard and Microsoft Whiteboard

• Reviewed on 15/09/2020
Daniel C.
Daniel C.
  • Reviewed on 28/12/2017

"Simple and easy to use. Collaborating with team members is incredibly easy."

Comments: It helped me visually collaborate with my team of designers and clients, making revision processes infinitely faster.

Pros: Regular updates.
Being able to create tons of separate boards and share with team people is great.
Being able to comment on specific boards is amazing.
Being able to collaberate with team members and clients is great!

Cons: Boards with a lot of content may be slow in some cases, making the attached media slow to display. But this does not affect the user experience.

• Reviewed on 28/12/2017
Marco L.
Product Owner
Automotive, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/06/2019

"I love it"

Comments: I can't live without Miro :)
I use it to plan my IT-Projects, starting with Business-Canvas, brainstorm ideas, pin screens, create wireframes, work on storymaps and organizing meetings (e.g. Retrospectives).
The whole Miro-Team is doing a great job. I'm looking forward to see more features, which will help me doing my job.

Pros: - RealTime
- Many many templates
- Quality
- Endless space
- easy to use
- Available on all devices

Cons: If the boards are getting bigger, sometimes it takes some time to load the board.

• Reviewed on 27/06/2019
Justin C.
Justin C.
Technology Integration Specialist
Education Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/03/2019

"Great for educators & students!"

Comments: As an educator I have found RealtimeBoard to be beneficial to my work life. I am able to take notes that not only help me to remember what in the world I was doing, but it makes it look good!

Pros: I have been using RealtimeBoard as a visual note taking resource. It greatly helps to collect thoughts and ideas in ways you couldn't with just a basic word processing program. Pair it with a touch screen device, and boom! Magic!

Cons: One of the largest flaws can sometimes me the menu style system. Often I find I have to reach across the screen to access something that should be available closer to where I am currently writing.

• Reviewed on 08/03/2019
Anuj K.
Product Manager
  • Reviewed on 06/08/2021

"Great visual tool"

Pros: Miro is great for communicating visually. We use it extensively for brainstorming, planning and design.

Cons: Not quite as easy to manage project deliverables like dedicated project management tools.

• Reviewed on 06/08/2021
CTO
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/08/2020

"The missing piece for remote"

Pros: They covered a missing piece in my remote tool stack: the whiteboard. Until Miro, I did not find a suitable alternative to the deliberative process that happens in front of a whiteboard. While that will probably never be completely substituted, Miro adds a few features on top of that that are actually very powerful.

Cons: The inability to read the whiteboards offline in the apps.

Alternatives Considered: Jamboard

Reasons for Switching to Miro: Jamboard is just that, a whiteboard. Is not very well polished in my opinion. Miro shows a great care for details and getting the UX right. The feature set is very complete and the UX quite obvious, to the point that the time and effort from onboarding to producing actual debate is minimal.

• Reviewed on 21/08/2020
Josemaria B.
Josemaria B.
Consultant
Higher Education Software, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/05/2020

"An impressive online collaboration board that's perfect for teams"

Comments: Miro is an impressive visual collaboration team that should be a staple tool among organizations who love to brain storm, or apply design thinking principles.

Pros: Miro boasts of a plethora of features to aid you in visual collaboration. You can use lines, post-its, text box, and shapes to communicate and build a collaborative framework. The 'frame' feature is perhaps the most useful, as it allows you to group the elements placed on the board. The grouped elements in the frame can all be moved together, so you don't have to worry about the hassle of moving each piece.

Cons: When I was using Miro in Chrome, zooming in and out via my mouse was not working. Instead, I had to use a navigation map or box. On Safari, I had no issues with the software.

• Reviewed on 30/05/2020