Verizon Connect Reviews

Filter by:

• Overall
  • Customer Service Software

About Verizon Connect

Verizon Connect's fleet management software for small to medium-sized businesses with fleet sizes of 5 or more vehicles.

Learn more about Verizon Connect

Cindy B.
Cindy B.
Closeout Specialist & HR Administrator
Telecommunications, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/05/2018

"It's one of the best purchases our company ever made."

Comments: We love this software, and we have cut down on employees unapproved use of company vehicles and improved employee driving safety by using it.

Pros: We've been using Fleetmatics, now Verizon Reveal, for years. We initially signed up with them because we wanted to keep track of what employees were doing in our company vehicles, but this software is capable of so much more. From tracking our oil changes to sending us alerts when employees are speeding, we use this every day. The customer service is amazing also, and there's a pretty nice referral program.

Cons: It recently went through a revamp, and we did a training for the new system about a year before it was actually released. It was a little bit of a messy transition, but once we downloaded the new apps to our phones and got over the hump of getting everyone back on the same page, it's been amazing. The upgraded graphical user interface and new features are great.

• Reviewed on 21/05/2018
Glenford B.
Glenford B.
Pres/CEO
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/08/2021

"Terrible On boarding experience"

Comments: 2 days, hours on the phone, multiple emails, and they have no idea where my equipment is. They did send me a warning that I would be charged $100 per vehicle if I missed my install appointment, but can't tell me how much they will reimbursement for the cost of my staff sitting round waiting.

Pros: Hard to say, I can't get the install done.

Cons: Customer service is terrible, no follow up, hard to get anyone that will be accountable. Be prepared for long hold times if you have issues.

• Reviewed on 11/08/2021
Becky L.
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/06/2019

"verizon is too big to care"

Comments: Terrible. Verizon is about verizon customers are the dirt under their feet. They made so many mistakes that they could not and would not correct but then still charge as if they had done their job. This is by far my least favorite company. I look forward to the day a disruptor comes into their space and changes the way they must go to market to stay alive.

Pros: the ease of use, app was good.................

Cons: the errors it had, it could never be corrected, the customer service was non existent, the software is good but the company sucks so bad I cancelled.

Tammy F.
Construction, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/06/2019

"Overpriced for what you get"

Comments: When we signed up the company was Fleetmatics, Verizon bought them at some point - which we did not know, no one ever called on us, etc. Found out from our Verizon phone dude...

Pros: Live map view on the website works and it is difficult for an employee to remove from the vehicle

Cons: Doesn't integrate with our dispatching software as promised. A representative from the company has to install and remove the units. Support is very non responsive. We are being charged for more vehicles than we actually have and can get no results. Too expensive for the functionality and the results we get. Contracts are too long - I have come to conclude that companies that make you sign long contracts do so because they know they will give you bad service.

Robin M.
CEO/Director
Consumer Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/01/2019

"Verizon Connect Autorenewal sham"

Comments: Awful.

Pros: I'm too disturbed by the customer service to comment positively about the software

Cons: We had been with Fleetmatics/Verizon Connect for 12 years. We rec'd little support though a couple of years back, a sales rep called to have us sign a new contract with an annual autorenewal. This November we were researching Fleet tracking options and called F/VC to find out when our contract was up. We were told at the end of January so mid-December, we reached out to them to tell them that we weren't going to renew (we found another provider with more services and lower prices) and asked what we needed to do. The man who introduced himself as our "Customer Success Partner" told me that our contract requires 60 days notification so we were stuck through Jan 2020. I explained that we hadn't been informed that when we called. He sent me a copy of the contract and told me "too bad" that my company should understand who it is doing business with. He said in no uncertain terms we were locked in through Jan 2020. I asked to speak to his manager but was told she was out of the office but well aware so if I called her the next day, I wouldn't have any better success. I did a search on New York State law and learned that a contract w/ autorenewal needing notice of more than 30 days requires the vendor to notify the signee of their renewal timing by certified mail (or in person) betwn 15-30 days of the deadline or it's not enforceable. Within 24 hours I received confirmation that the contract will terminated this January and not the following!

• Reviewed on 04/01/2019
Ashley W.
Executive Assistant
Wholesale, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/07/2019

"Incompetent Customer Service"

Comments: If you can find another company that has good coverage, choose them. I never had these kinds of issues before Verizon took over.

Pros: The software is user friendly and once you have the hang of it, it's easy to navigate the site as well as manage different locations and their vehicles as well. The reporting comes in handy as well.

Cons: The customer service is terrible. Ever since Verizon Connect took over Fleetmatics, it's all gone down hill drastically. While everyone I have talked with is very polite, they never seem to be able to discern between two different cases, can never send out the necessary parts as requested, even after they have said it will all be taken care of and they will ship out in no time. Just today, I called about a specific case number and wanted to make sure the parts needed for an install had shipped and would make it for our appointment on Monday, as we had not received them. The woman I spoke with could not find anything regarding the parts having shipped or not. She then said she found where they had arrived but that was for an entirely different case number. This was a situation where I already had to reschedule the install due to not having parts shipped as they said they would. So here we are, third time around and hopefully third times the charm. Unfortunately, this is the same story on each separate occasion when we need installs completed. I fully intend on trying to reach someone at a higher level to find out the reason behind this level of incompetency.

• Reviewed on 19/07/2019
Joanna D.
Facilities Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/02/2019

"Unkept Promises"

Comments: It's a scheduling software that started on an internet base and tried to go to mobile and has failed in my opinion. They will roped us in with promises that they didn't keep. This is why we decided to leave.

Pros: I loved how easy it was to navigate and filter to find the invoice/ticket/customer that I needed really fast. I loved how I could keep whatever information I needed with customized info boxes. Dispatching out to Employees was easy and the old App for the Techs out in the field could do many things. IT worked great on the desktop end.

Cons: When we 1st signed on we were promised that the program would keep track of our inventory. We are a HVAC business and we have a lot of parts to keep track of. It wasn't working great when we started and the old app was ok with it. Then they Upgraded and had a new App and they completely trashed the inventory program and didn't tell us.
Since we are located with lots of country and rural areas we were told that the app can work offline and update the main programs once it got back in data range. This has never worked properly and my Techs were calling me to update their tickets because the app wasn't working.
The New App upgrade came everything went downhill. Techs could no longer create their own jobs (and we have Techs for on-call weekends) Techs could no longer show discounts to the customers on the invoice. The app still didn't work out in rural areas. It doesn't not work very well on the Mobile end.
Everytime I had Customer service on the line they tried their best, but since everything that we as a company needed they couldn't provide we didn't want to stay with them.

• Reviewed on 19/02/2019
Terry C.
Operations Manager
Machinery, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/05/2021

"Avoid"

Comments: Look at other tracking systems. Verizon is another headache you don't need!

Pros: The features and ease of the program are great, one of the best.

Cons: The customer service is horrendous. 12 months after we signed up we wanted to get additional units added and had to repeatedly contact them and ask for this to happen for 3 months. The trackers in several of our tractors weren't tracking correctly, the status was reading as though the machine was in idle or stopped most of the day but the tracking icon would jump around the work area (over multiple km's) in this status. I tried resolving this with there support team but was told there was no fault with the system, the machines aren't operating.
About 2 years into using the system we wanted to add further units, after 6 months of trying to get this done plus the issues with the tractors we decided to switch to another tracking company.
Because we still had 6 months to run on our 3 year contract we continued to pay the monthly fee. When the 3 year contract expired the terms were the monthly fee would reduce because the hardware was paid off. This didn't occur, the same fee continued to be direct debited from our account. We tried multiple times to contact our account manager and his senior with no response to fix up the over charging plus close the account. We had to go to the bank to get the transactions blocked.

• Reviewed on 25/05/2021
Adam B.
Operations manager
Wholesale, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/06/2019

"Poor customer support and follow through"

Comments: Customer support is awful. We started with fleetmatics in 2016 with 9 total trucks in our fleet. Once Verizon took over, i noticed the customer support took a nose dive and has never been the same. The sales reps take days or weeks to reply to voicemail and emails, or don't respond at all. We downsized to 8 trucks, and we are still being billed for 9 trucks, despite our sales rep guaranteeing me it has been rectified. I have reached out countless times to accounting, sales reps and nothing has been done. The rep instructed me to sign up for another contract and the 9th unit will fall off our plan. Yet, we are still invoiced for 8 total units. Each month we short pay by one unit, and its extremely frustrating to deal with this when Verizon is supposed to streamline our operations. Perhaps leaving negative feedback will prompt a manager to finally reach out to me and fix this once and for all. Not happy and would'nt recommend their service to any other motor carriers! Im on the verge of terminating our agreement and switching to Samsara! ab

Pros: Running reports on harsh events, speeding, cornering very easy.

Cons: Hours of service functions difficult to monitor. often times our drivers will see something on their tablet such as in their rest period, but on my end they still appear on duty. The ELD customer service hotline is always on point to help our drivers, and lead the way in support. If only the sales reps could do the same!

Kurt F.
Vice President
Consumer Services, 11-50 Employees

"Never ending contract"

Comments: My overall experience with Verizon connect reveal And its previous named fleetmatics has been absolutely atrocious. we were sold this product with false hope about what it could and couldn't do And then we were charged a ton of money for services that we were not actually given. The customer service and the contracts are ridiculous so even if I wanted to switch to a different service I would have to pay over $10000 to buy my way out of my contract which I think is absolutely ridiculous. Long story short I'm stuck with this service forever and I'll never be able to get out of this contract.

Pros: This product helps me keep track of my vehicles And helps me to see who needs help where and when they will be at customers homes. It allows me to track speed driving behavior As well as keep track If the crews are where they are supposed to be.

Cons: I do not like that the standard reveal software does not allow you to split Your routes between multiple vehicles. The other service that We purchased originally with reveal allow you to do that but in a very convoluted and not user friendly way and it was very expensive to do a very simple task. I have to use multiple software is now to do the same thing I should be able to do one that I pay an arm and a leg for.

Joshua M.
chief operating officer
Business Supplies & Equipment, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/07/2019

"A great GPS Solution"

Comments: Their customer service, the products and features and the overall price are great. Honestly after reviewing 3 or 4 competitors this is the best option. I would highly reccomend if your tied in with other verizon partners. If not the system as a standalone gives you everything and more you could want, it just makes it potentially a double entry situation.

Pros: It is feature packed, however my one star i took away is because it only intergrates now with verizon Partners. We use none of those, so its completey stand alone for us. It works great for a fleet of any size. Installation of the units is quick and we have only had one issue with scheduling. The software is very reliable and we have no outages or missed data.

Cons: The cost, to be honest the cost isnt bad, however every new unit is under a extended contract. This greatly limits our ability to be fluid with our internal processes as were locked in for a new term with each new unit. It would be fantastic if this system/software could be easily intergrated with other programs. Our dispatching software doesnt allow us to intergrate with this software so were stuck using standalone systems.

• Reviewed on 03/07/2019
April M.
scheduling coordinator
  • Reviewed on 11/06/2020

"Good but could be better"

Comments: I love that I am able to see what my guys are doing at all times every day. It makes it easier for me to tell my customers when my technicians will be there where they are and how long they have been there. I like that I am able to help my guys out by using the maps to give them directions when needed.

Pros: I like that I am able to keep track of my guys with the GPS system they have to offer. I am able to see speed, accidents, engine failures, oil changes and so much more. I am able to locate them ion real time so I always know where they are. It has a lot of features that can be used to help me navigate my guys and get them where they need to be.

Cons: The system will sometime glitch out and will not refresh. I have to reload the program a lot because it does this very often and I am unable to just refresh to solve the issue. Sometimes even after re loading I have to do it a second time to correct the issue. Its a tad bit hard to use some of the features as there are not many instructions.

• Reviewed on 11/06/2020
Davie P.
GM
Farming, 201-500 Employees

"GM"

Comments: My employees are beginning to rely on the reporting for time cards, report on mileage, and reminders for maintenance. This is why the miner issues with not recording time, not being able to reset mileage, and reliability on when maintenance needs to be done is important to us and why I reduce my approval rating to average. I'm hoping this review will spark someone to contact us with some ability to fix their system.

Pros: I like that it can be set to send to multiple people for timecards, maintenance and location.

Cons: It doesn't keep a log of time when out of view of antennas like I was told it would. When we do maintenance it doesn't let us reset the mileage to correct incorrect mileage and start over. Thus the mileage error is compounded with each maintenance. Units not reporting and the difficulty in getting service to correct problems. Not to do with software, but part of why I find Verizon overall lacking is the disconnect between sales, service and reporting.

Joanne S.
Joanne S.
  • Reviewed on 31/03/2016

"Verizon WORK"

Comments: Stahlman-England, INC began using Verizon WORK in January 2015. The overall program was easy to implement and the Customer Support was beyond expectations! This program was less expensive than all other Service Programs and accomplished a lot more with regard to “real-time”, invoicing, reports, quotes, and customer follow-up. This Program has enhanced our business and the endless features Verizon WORK offers, is still being discovered and incorporated into our business plan EXCELLENT FOR CONSOLIDATED CLIENT INFORMATION, SERVICE APPOINTMENTS & SCHEDULING, INVOICING, PROFITABILITY, AND DETAILED REPORTS!

Pros: • Verizon WORK gives me, as Director of Corporate Operations, essential detailed productivity reports within seconds. • Instead of needing 2 to 3 different software programs, Verizon WORK alone produces these reports. • With a click, I have reports of total revenue including breakdown of labor, parts, travel time and actual job duration. • Our technicians are able to sell more by doing quotes instantly. This exciting, real-time “Quotes” feature allows our office to email these figures within an hour, thereby closing more sales than ever before. • Verizon WORK has allowed us to streamline and fast-track our paperwork; one-hour tasks are now done in minutes. Verizon WORK enabled our transition from piles of paperwork to next-generation technology.

Cons: PRODUCT ENHANCEMENT of certain issues. Example, more than one email address, speed of program when changing on the dashboard.

• Reviewed on 31/03/2016
Kelly S.
Dairy, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/06/2019

"Great Concept, a Little Off on Function"

Comments: It's been pretty touch and go with this service but overall, the basic functions give us more insight to our fleet needs, schedule, etc.

Pros: Being able to track and see live status of our fleet really changed our ability to provide accurate customer service and logistics solutions.

Cons: The software doesn't quite function to it's full potential. Often times routes will be uploaded but will disappear by the next day when our fleet needs it. No real solutions have been given so it's just not quite reliable. We also needed to invest a lot more in other tools (like upgraded garmin unitys) that weren't stated as required add-ons when the service began. The optimization tools are pretty useless and do not optimize the routes for our fleet.

• Reviewed on 26/06/2019
Robin H.
Facilities Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/12/2016

"Don't Buy This Product"

Comments: The sales pitch "demo" is really great. I was promised this product would do everything I needed it to do and more. It is on the more expensive end of fleet/service software but I figured if it did literally everything we needed it to do, it was worth the money for the time it would save us. I was very hesitant to sign a year contract up front and shouldn't have. The first red flag was that it took literally 3 months to get my data (and then not even all of it) transferred from our old system to the new one. Apparently the implementation team is very busy. But they kept charging me, despite the fact I couldn't use the software because my data wasn't in it. Things went downhill from there. The last piece of bad news from Verizon WORK is that I attempted to cancel the automatic contract renewal via phone, and was told it was canceled via phone, and of course it wasn't. After sending a detailed email CCing my attorney, they did let me out of the renewal contract, but didn't refund me that month's payment (including the a hefty "renewal" fee).

Pros: It's online.
The IT department is very polite.

Cons: Just a few: Sales guy said I could run reports for commission pay for my employees. I cannot. I had to buy another software to do that. I was told I could import all of the data from my previous application. I cannot. I’m stuck having to use both applications because a lot of the data that was imported was jumbled and things like pricing on jobs is missing. I was told this application synced seamlessly with Quickbooks. It doesn’t. DO NOT sync it with QB if you charge sales tax. I’ve had to manually delete all of the invoice data in Quickbooks costing me hundreds of dollars. Verizon WORK is very frustrating to use. The implementation team had to give me several work-arounds to make it work for my business. One of them requires us to make multiple “jobs” for every actual job which creates a logistical nightmare and it takes a lot of extra admin work. This is because you cannot invoice with the taskworker, only with the fleetworker. The phone app is not intuitive. For instance, you have to not only hit “save” but also “update” to save anything on an estimate and you can only update one thing at a time. If you try to change the description and then add an item without saving and updating first, when you go back to the estimate the description is gone. Then, after you hit “update” it kicks you out of that estimate and you have to sort and re-find the estimate to add information. This is something that yes, I can work around. But it’s very frustrating and takes so much longer. The phone app also crashes a lot. Often enough I started saving everything I do in notes and then copy and pasting them to the app hoping they’d be there when I get back to my computer. I cannot use the new version of Verizon WORK at all, because if I open a job there’s no scroll bar. Also, the system automatically changes the time of the job to 5 hours later in the day. I repeatedly asked for a fix for this to no avail.

• Reviewed on 05/12/2016
Tara C.
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 11-50 Employees

"Great Product"

Comments: Overall it has been great. Rocky at first, like any new product startup, but much better now and I have tried 4 other ELD options and this one is hands down the best for us.

Pros: Easy to use
Great web training classes
Helpful and responsive customer service
Easy to understand, set up and install
Easy to make corrections

Cons: I would like it if the unidentified miles were more real time again. They used to be but then changed to a 48 hour delay so drivers can claim them. In my experience the drivers never go back and look or accept them. When it was real time, it made identifying ELD malfunction issues much faster for the administrators as driver do not look at the program unless they are changing status. I found more ELD issues and notified the drivers which helped eliminated possibility of violations.

Marketing & Business Intelligence Assistant
Architecture & Planning, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/09/2018

"Verizon Connect Reveal for Small Business"

Pros: We utilize this software for GPS tracking on our company vehicles. Since our employees are all over the place, it is crucial that we are able to see where they were and how long they were there. It helps with time clocks as well as ensuring productivity.
Lots of different report options. You can learn a lot about your fleet's daily activities with this product.

Cons: Editing geofence areas can sometimes be finnicky. Also, the search function can be finnicky as well. You can't just type in one word of the entire name of the place, it has to be the exact words in the correct order or it won't find it.

• Reviewed on 17/09/2018
Bryan M.
Director of Field Operations
  • Reviewed on 19/06/2019

"Verizon Connect We cannot survive without this"

Comments: Locating our crews and keeping them on schedule has saves us thousands of dollars annually. The ability to track miles for standard vehicle maintenance has also allowed us to manage an aging fleet of vehicles and keep them on the road longer.

Pros: We love the ability to know where our crews are at all times. How long it took for them to get there and how long they stayed on each job. Our crews also have the ability to locate there co workers when they need assistance. Maintenance tracking and milage is also key for our fleet and VC does it all.

Cons: Sometimes loading is a touch slow and some reports are not how I need them to be.

Phil J.
Dispatcher
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 Employees

"Verizon Connect Feedback"

Pros: I've found the software incredibly easy to use and navigate. The load time on pulling previous routes is very quick and had very little lag time. It doesn't take long to train other users on the basic functionality of the software.

Cons: The software is very limited in its abilities in terms of tracing the exact path of the trucks (it leaves a breadcrumb but not an exact path). We also have had a horrendous dealing with customer service and tech. support when issues arise and ultimately had to move our fleet to another service provider that offers more features and fits our company needs better.

Kim C.
Construction, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/06/2019

"Landscaping Company Benefits from Verizon Connect Reveal"

Comments: Overall, the service is great.

Pros: I like the different report options. I use the Detailed Report and the GeoFence Report. I have found that for our needs, these two reports have been able to help us in resolving time card issues with employees as well as answer questions using the geofence report by having vendors as well as customers marked in "places".

Cons: Our company recently sold a couple of vehicles. I don't like that I have to wait til the end of the contract to drop the service. I also don't know when the contract dates end/start.

Kristoffer Z.
Security & Investigations, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/10/2021

"Better Services out there than Verizon Connect"

Comments: The service has been decent but the last year the service was not working properly and they wanted to update the units. They have a sneakly contract with a automatic renewal after completion of contract and a 60 day written cancelation policy even if your contract it about up. We cancelled anyway and contacted our company attorney to handle.

Pros: It was easy to use and did work in the beginning

Cons: Other services provide more features for half the price and they also have easier contract requirements when adding new trucks to the system.

• Reviewed on 13/10/2021
Brittany S.
Management/Bookkeeper
11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/10/2017

"Great for small businesses"

Pros: I love that I can access my druver's routes from not only my desktop or laptop, but my phone, as well. Once you get the hang of how the softwate works, it's pretty easy to use and gives me the ability to offer reliable ETA's to my customers, while giving me piece of mind knowing where our fleet is at all times.

Cons: It does take some time to get used to, each truck must have it's own unit (Which is expected, however, it is something you have to remember whenever selling or buying an addition to your fleet)

• Reviewed on 03/10/2017
Jorge S.
Director Support
Security & Investigations, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/09/2019

"Great Scheduling tool for the money"

Pros: The software is very inexpensive for the features and functionality you receive. It is great for businesses just starting out or smaller field service organizations. Lots of great features for the price.

Cons: There are some limitations to what it can do. Reporting is somewhat limited but still provides many options for custom reports. Inability to view a large number of jobs because you can only search for job numbers one at a time.

• Reviewed on 26/09/2019
Karen G.
Controller
  • Reviewed on 24/06/2019

"Highly Recommend"

Comments: This helps us to double check time card accuracy. It also allows us to see, minute by minute where each and every one of our trucks in our fleet are.

Pros: This software allows us to track where our employees are. Not only for payroll purposes, but also if we need to know right that moment where someone is. We pour concrete and we can tell how far out our drivers are at any given moment.

Cons: I think it is a little bit expensive, but we have to have it so we have to pay it.

• Reviewed on 24/06/2019