15 years helping Israeli businesses

About Hootsuite

Hootsuite helps you build your brand, strengthen connections with customers, and drive real business results with social media.

Learn more about Hootsuite

Pros:

The analytics side of Hootsuite is one of its greatest strengths. The support team respond quickly.

Cons:

Additionally at least once or twice the scheduled content has failed to post, and it is difficult to track these.

Hootsuite ratings

4.3
4.2
4.3
4.2

8.0/10

Hootsuite has an overall rating of 4.4 out 5 stars based on 3,699 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Hootsuite before?

Filter reviews (3,699)

Jeb
Jeb
Project Manager in US
Publishing, 2–10 Employees

Great software for managing Social Media

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Overall I've really liked using Hootsuite for its simple design and ease of use. It's been a really useful tool in our social media journey.

Pros:

I'm able to manage our companies social media accounts. We don't get a lot of interaction but about once a month we post to the 3 platforms that we utilize. It's FB, Twitter and Instagram. I love that I can do the work once and have the post go to all 3 platforms.

Cons:

Hootsuite used to have a free level and we used it for years. Now we are reevaluating what we are going to do because we're a small business and every dollar counts in this economy.

Leah
Leah
Detailer in US
Automotive, Self Employed

Productivity to the max

4.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: Despite these minor drawbacks, Hootsuite has greatly enhanced my efficiency and effectiveness in managing social media. It's a powerful tool that I would recommend to anyone looking to streamline their social media management efforts.

Pros:

I’ve been using Hootsuite for the past year, and it has been an absolute game-changer for managing my social media presence. The platform's intuitive interface makes scheduling posts across multiple social networks a breeze, saving me countless hours every week. The ability to monitor all my social channels in one place is incredibly convenient and helps me stay on top of engagement and trends effortlessly. Hootsuite's analytics tools are comprehensive and insightful, providing me with detailed reports that help me understand my audience better and refine my strategy. I also appreciate the collaboration features, which make it easy for my team to work together seamlessly.

Cons:

There are a few drawbacks. The free version is quite limited, which might not be suitable for small businesses or individuals with more extensive needs. Additionally, some of the advanced features can be a bit overwhelming for beginners and might require a learning curve. Occasionally, the platform can be slow, especially during peak times, which can be frustrating when you're trying to get work done quickly.

Ian
CEO in US
Internet, 2–10 Employees

Will Autorenew your subscription even if you request to turn off

3.0 last month New

Comments: Hard to seperate my experience using the software which was fine from how I am getting screwed when it comes to the autorenewal.

Pros:

It is pretty easy to use and schedule social media. I liked the software when I used it and found it good if you are managing social media for our business which is rather small and a small budget

Cons:

I signed up for Hootsuites trial period. I was going to continue with the monthly plan after the trial period but it auto signs you up after the trial period for the yearly subscription. I requested a change to monthly which they denied. OK, I did not read the terms carefully, so that mistake was on me and I took the 1 time payment on the chin. However, I did request that I not be auto-renewed for the next year because I wanted to reevaluate our options in one year. Hootsuite support confirmed that auto-renew was turned off, then one year later we were billed for another year. I have yet been able to get anyone on support through chat or

Adam
Graphic Web Designer in UK
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

social scheduling

Comments: generally platform for a small number of clients or a single client with multiple channels where you can schedule from and see everything in one place

Pros:

easy to add channels and clients to manage all in the same place

Cons:

scheduling things failed and accounts get disconnected for no seen reason

Simon
Manager in UK
Computer Hardware, 2–10 Employees

Great Automated Software

Comments: great software, lots of functions not being used yet but the staff who dont use nothing but the insta app now love hootsuite

Pros:

Give the team more time to plan for future marketing, having it all on a calender ready to post is so much more organised. Feedback data from campaigns is amazing and shows us exactly how successful certain posts were

Cons:

Costings I think are a bit high however the time it is saving could prob justify this

Adam
Pharmacist in Australia
Pharmaceuticals, 11–50 Employees

Hootsuite Behind in the changes

Comments: Initially it was great but over time it became less needed

Pros:

At first very easy to use and integrate among all social media platforms. Can help you keep up with timetables and publishing.

Cons:

It started getting quite aged and dated for what it is. Things like Canva I find much better.

Zach
Construction Software, 2–10 Employees

Great tool for media

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Worth the money overall. Easy to use, saved me a lot of time and the data recieved is great

Pros:

Gow easy it is to use, to control what i send out, when and where. Timings key.

Cons:

The price wasnt my favorite but overall it is worth the price. I wish these products were a little more affordable. Im a small business.

Paul
Entertainment, 2–10 Employees

It's a HOOT!

Comments: Nothing but net. Couldn't be more pleased with the experience.

Pros:

Friend of mine on Twitter recommended it to me and the reality matched the description I was given. 👍👍

Cons:

Cost was a bit of a surprise but I discovered value of having the right program.

Christian
Senior staff engineer in France
Program Development, 51–200 Employees

Effortless Social Media Management

Pros:

I love how Hootsuite’s simple dashboard lets me handle all my social media in one place. I can set up a week’s worth of posts to go out at the best times.

Cons:

Sometimes the dashboard takes longer to load or refresh, causing delays when I'm trying to schedule posts quickly.

Georgie
Marketing Manager in UK
Entertainment, 501–1,000 Employees

Great for scheduling on multiple platforms

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

great for scheduling on many different accounts you may have as a business.

Cons:

Nothing I didn't like, only used it for it's scheduling tool which works great.

Randi
Marketing Director in US
Internet, 2–10 Employees

One of the Original Content Schedulers and Management Systems!!!

Comments: Hootsuite is a great tool. I find it useful in scheduling large batches of content. For example, for a few clients I can plan out and schedule my entire 3 months worth of content. It's a great tool for an agency who may focus on one type of client, be able to "recycle" and reword similar posts and upload the content across multiple clients simultaneously through an excel upload! I personally like to use Hootsuite as my blueprint. I know I will get my content posts uploaded and out there. I still like to log onto individual social networks and post on there in real time . I like Hootsuite for managing and responding to comments and DMs as I prefer using a computer and typing and checking spelling. Don't use Hootsuite as your only tool. You really need to go into networks and manually update them as well. Hootsuite hasn't cracked down on LIVE yet either and live video is a great tool!

Pros:

I was one of the early adapters using Hootsuite. Originally all the options blew me away! Awesome to have on one dashboard all my social networks with multiple tabs in front of me. I also love that I could schedule the same posts and click off on multiple social networks. It's really good for marketers who can re-use content across multiple clients accounts, for example if I run a social media marketing agency and can use similar food content across all the food social media accounts that I follow. I also had liked I could build the posts in an excel and import it. I like your "university" and offering classes!!! I like your reports.

Cons:

Overtime as social media space evolved there were functions I wished you had sooner. Instagram posting and scheduling was very clunky when it first came out that it had to notify my clients to push through the Instagram post that I had done. It took you a while to integrate Pinterest. I'm not sure if you're able to let me schedule on someone's personal Facebook account (I know this was on Facebook but I wish this was easier to do!) . Hootsuite mobile-I personally don't use your mobile. I only use Hootsuite on desktop because of the breadth of multiple social networks and tabs.

Joanmarie
Executive & Communications Assistant in US
Primary/Secondary Education, 501–1,000 Employees

Almost Perfect!

Comments: Hootsuite has always been my goto for businesses getting off the ground or those that are on a low budget. They offer such great and essential features in an easy-to-use platform. As a school district, we have an overwhelming amount of content that needs to go out and MUST be present on any and all social platforms. When I realized we could not hit all of the platforms we needed, and that we were limited to the number of posts, we were forced to make a shift to another platform. Hootsuite dashbord is awesome with the features it provides, but to a multitasking pro the dashboard was a bit intimidating - felt it could have been organized and simplified (not all features needed to have a button on the dashboard... categorize!)

Pros:

I love Hootsuite for it's creativity, content management features, scheduling, drafting, duplicating, and monitoring of content performance. In my mind they are a top competitor!

Cons:

There are a few small challenges that left me scratching my head. I did not like that I was so limited (even after purchasing the basic) on the platforms that I could post to - they are so close to perfection! Everyone should be free to post to every platform they need to... maybe limit the posts, monitoring, and reporting... but NOT the platforms!

Rezaul
Data Analyst in US
Research, 201–500 Employees

It enables us to attract new clients and reach out to our devoted supporters.

Comments: By scheduling posts to go out at the most effective times, you may reach more customers, increase interaction, and increase conversions.

Pros:

Hootsuite's first significant application was scheduling posts for times when I wasn't available to post them. Today, there are a ton of scheduling tools available, including automatic schedules that publish our posts at the same time every day regardless of when I compose them, eliminating the need for me to manually enter the information each time.Hootsuite has a ton of information to display, thus in order to manage it all, it is presented in tabbed styles. I have full control over our feeds and can alter what displays on a particular tab. Prioritize influencer messages, create a tab just for customer service messages, whatever.With analytics, I may learn more about what customers desire and compile that information into reports that I can customize.Manage and evaluate the effectiveness of social advertising to attract new clients in addition to devoted followers.

Cons:

Sadly, the fundamental plan has certain flaws. If I want advanced features, I'll have to pay.There are some issues with the post creator's text editor.It is annoying to not be able to amend a planned post within five minutes of the scheduled publishing time.

Ripon
IT Executive in US
Education Management, 501–1,000 Employees

Impressive social media management

Comments: Hootsuite offers a range of collaboration tools, enabling teams to work together on social media campaigns and strategies.

Pros:

Hootsuite enables users to manage multiple social media accounts from a single dashboard, making it a popular choice for businesses with a strong social media presence.Hootsuite offers advanced scheduling and automation tools, which can save time and streamline social media management workflows.Hootsuite provides detailed analytics and reporting features, enabling businesses to track social media engagement, performance, and customer interactions.

Cons:

While Hootsuite offers a range of advanced features, some users may find the tool complex and difficult to navigate, particularly those who are new to social media management.Some users have reported limitations in using third-party APIs with Hootsuite, which can be a drawback for businesses that rely on automation and integration capabilities.

Sheila
Graphic Design Software, Self Employed

Makes life so much easier

Comments: I'm able to efficiently see all of my social channels in one place. It makes it easier and less stressful to schedule, listen, reply to messages/comment, tag, etc. than having to go to each channels individually.

Pros:

I like that you can schedule posts and see what's coming in a calendar. You can also "listen" to social media by setting up a hashtag you'd like to follow and all posts that use that hashtag will appear in a stream. You can set up a several streams for one social channel such as for posts, messages, scheduled posts, etc. You can even manage and reply to comments.

Cons:

It takes a bit of a learning curve. It has some limitations as far as tagging companies or people. Some functions, you'll have to do directly on the social channel. But that's also the case with any social media management and analytics software like Hootsuite.

Rick
Rick
Construction Software, 2–10 Employees

Hootsuite made Social media useable for us

Comments: We’ve been really happy with Hootsuite. It’s shortened the time we have to spend on social media and made the time we do spend on it much more streamlined.

Pros:

We only use social media because Hootsuite allows us to manage all the different platforms at once. Otherwise we would only use 2 platform or spend a lot more time on it.

Cons:

I’d really like to have a little more automation options. It’s taken a while to get used to everything but now we’re really happy.

Terry
Terry
Digital Strategy Marketing Manager in US
Retail, 10,000+ Employees

Hootsuite is my must-have tool for managing my social networks.

Comments: Hootsuite, in overall, provides more opportunities to learn new things, especially when it comes to attempting to get insight into the crisis situation that most businesses find themselves in. Thanks to this method, we can now get our message to the right individuals at the right time.

Pros:

I take great pleasure in being able to plan out and fine-tune customers' social media campaigns and provide them with raw data when they need it. Hootsuite, in my opinion, provides superior information and connectability with its publics in contrast to other brands.

Cons:

The expense of the Learning Academy irritates me much, especially in light of the fact that both Google and Amazon provide equivalent services for free. I think the academy might use some updating, especially for interns who are trying to get into the workforce.

Marketing & Advertising, 201–500 Employees

Love this social tool!

Comments: I saved ENORMOUS amounts of time with Hootsuite. I can't imagine doing all that it helped me do manually... from monitoring comments, to responding to people, to scheduling multiple posts a week on multiple platforms per week, to everything in between. Hootsuite really helped me streamline my job even when we had limited budgets and resources to do anything else.

Pros:

I used to do full-time social media management and was using Hootsuite constantly to schedule posts for my clients and track social conversations and mentions in real time. I love how simple and easy it is to use – you'd never think multiple columns across your screen would work or keep you sane... but it gets the job done! I can easily respond to people, retweet it, flag it and more. Another awesome think I love about Hootsuite is the ability you have to help gather content. I was constantly looking for things to retweet to get engaged with others online, so I used one of my columns to track particular keywords. I could then get real-time tweets and posts from people talking about the topics I wanted to engage with and retweet for the brands I was managing. Honestly that made my job 100x easier!

Cons:

I do know it has been a little clunky for me in the past. Sometimes keyword columns won't update and I've had to delete and recreate the search – or I would schedule posts and the photos wouldn't go out. I think they have fixed some of these issues over the years. There is also a maximum number of columns you can create in the free version, so I sometimes ran into issues where I wanted to use more features but couldn't. But, overall, I appreciate the value I got for the $$.

Heather
Administrative Assistant in US
Libraries, 11–50 Employees

Easy-to-use one-stop social media marketing platform - but moving out of budget range

Comments: Hootsuite has been an excellent tool for me while starting out in the role of marketing and communications for my Library, but given the skyrocketing price, we will not be continuing to use it. I appreciate all the integrations and time saving features, but this is not enough to offset the increase in cost, from my own personal perspective as well as from the perspective of our board's financial team.

Pros:

Hootsuite is a cohesive one-stop marketing platform that allows for management of multiple social media channels in one site. I appreciate the ability to create content for multiple platforms simultaneously, while still being able to tailor aspects of it such as post text, hashtags, and images size ratios, to specific platforms. Newly added integration with Canva further streamlined my workflow allowing me to create one design for all marketing for a particular program or service, then use it in print, digital, social, and internal marketing efforts. Hootsuite also offers a customizable analytics dashboard that allows me to see how well marketing efforts have done in a certain time frame, and break it down further by platform.

Cons:

The pricing has jumped dramatically, as per an email from the company last week, nearly doubling and making it unaffordable on our nonprofit budget. I am also less than satisfied with the analytics as a whole, as I was struggling to see the performance of particular posts as a single entity, and TikTok and YouTube analytics have not integrated well. I also find that since we have had to disable Facebook comments, I cannot do this in Hootsuite and need to manually go into Facebook after every post goes live and change this setting myself.

Harry
Digital Marketing Manager in UK
Retail, 51–200 Employees

Great tool, but feels like it could still do with something extra - better planning, more LinkedIn features

Comments: It might feel like it's missing a few extras, but generally its a really useful platform and out social media activity has been much better in terms or both organisation and analytics. There's also a massive community for Hootsuite so you can always find out how other people are using it. We used a Meltwater before and it was so scientific and clunky to set up we never ended up using it. We use Hootsuite daily now and the ability to shorten links is also really helpful.

Pros:

Really easy to use and so many resources. The platform is brilliant for scheduling and you don't even have to visit the other social platforms to post and engage with the audience. You can really customise the streams for each user which is great for productivity, and the analytics is really useful. As a manager, I only have to hop into the publisher section to see what posts are going out, how often we're posting, and what platform we're using most. Using the streams, I can set up one for all posts to check consistency and monitor engagement, one for competitor research, and one for searches, and then more platform specific streams so I can really dive into the nitty-gritty if I need to.

Cons:

It's very Twitter orientated, most of the useful streams like monitoring topical conversations etc are in Twitter (probably by nature of the Twitter platform), but I would like to see more feature on LinkedIn - so far there's only TWO streams; one to monitor Company Updates, and second to monitor scheduled posts (I can see this in the publisher planner anyway). It would be good to see similar monitoring streams for Hashtag conversations because this feature is applicable in LinkedIn as well as Twitter. The Publisher also feels like it's just missing something and I think it's the ability to 'plot' in posts rather than drafting out complete posts. For example when we're planning what activity we want to launch, we might not know what the full post is going to look like, but we might just want to plot in ideas which at the moment we have to do on a spreadsheet and then translate over to the Hootsuite publisher. It would be good to see this feature in the planner where we can plot ideas, and then fully draft them out later.

Telecommunications, 10,000+ Employees

Perfect for individuals, business and agencies alike!

Pros:

As a marketeer, I was lucky enough to try a few different social media management platforms. Personally, Hootsuite has always been one of my favorites. The platform is quite easy to use, and setup. The interface is quite intuitive and on boarding new members normally takes us a few minutes. We easily managed multiple accounts and switched between them in single clicks. The mini profile icons helped our team differentiate between our different clients, so we had a smaller number of mistakes. But that's not all! Team collaboration is superb once you establish a professional account. Content review and approvals that is easy to set up. You can review comments and replies and assign them to other users, and even leaves comments and notes for them. You can review other users performance and get full reports on their work.

Cons:

Reporting is weak compared to other tools. And while I enjoy their pre-designed scheduled reports, I normally end up creating my own reports using other analytics tools that are more robust and provide more in-depth insights. While i enjoy setting up multiple topic columns to monitor, extracting the data is impossible and you will always need a listening tool to create monitoring and listening reports. I was on an older pricing plan for awhile now, but when I checked recently, they seem to have increased their pricing and are now quite pricey compared to some of the competing platforms, however, I still have a soft spot for them.

Suhailah
Suhailah
Administrative Assistant in Malaysia
Retail, 501–1,000 Employees

All about Hootsuite

Pros:

Hootsuite is a must haev platform for marketing media managers who want to make better use of their time, acquire insights into their messaging and audiences, and connect with customers more regularly to expand their following. Hootsuite is a great application that I would suggest to everyone who utilizes social media for business. It allows you to track hashtags, scheduled tweets, learn about your audience, and obtain insights into which messages are the most popular.

Cons:

The limitation on the number of streams you may have is something I dislike about Hootsuite. They also have several payment levels, which give you additional options, but it might be challenging to figure out which one is best for you. My company switched back and forth through free and premium trials several times a year since we couldn't determine which was best for us, so I suggest doing some study into all of the features associated with the various tiers before committing.

Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

An absolute time saver

Comments: I've had a very positive experience with Hootsuite. It has saved me a lot of time and frustration and allows content to be cohesive across all channels. It's easy to see all my content right in front of me without having to go from channel to channel. It truly is a program I would not be able to do my job without.

Pros:

I like the ease of use and functionality. It looks overwhelming and complicated at first, but it doesn't take long to understand how to navigate and get started. Everything is pretty self-explanatory and easy to locate. I love the fact that you can access hootsuite anywhere because it's a web-based program, and you don't need to download any extra software to use it. It also has an app so I can schedule or update content on the go. The ability to schedule endless amounts of posts (with the premium account) is nice because I can spend two days scheduling content for the entire month and not worry about it the rest of the time. Another thing I really enjoy is their "Hootsuite Accandemy" - courses that teaches you everything about social media management and gives you the chanceto get certification from the program. It's also a great tool for engaging with people without having to go to the specific social channels separately. Everything from drafting a post, adding images, scheduling, commenting, sharing and replying to messages and comments can all be done from the dashboard.

Cons:

It can get pretty pricey depending on your needs. The free program isn't bad for very small companies, but if you want to schedule more then 30 posts and have more than the basic social channels then premium is necessary I find there are alternative programs that offer more for less, but this is the software my employer has chosen and is content with it.

Juanita
Marketing & Outreach Coordinator in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11–50 Employees

The Best Social Media Post Management Software

Comments: Overall, Hootsuite is a great software to use as a sole user or as a team. Their customer service is superb and they’re always looking for feedback to improve their software.

Pros:

Not only is Hootsuite easy to use but it also provides you with all the necessary tools to manage multiple social media accounts, schedule posts and stories, but it also has great analytics report capabilities!

Cons:

The only con is that sometimes videos don’t get published but we also had that problem with our previous social media management software. This is not a deal breaker as they communicate when such things happen.

Marina
Director of Communications in US
Philanthropy, 2–10 Employees

Great for Managing My Nonprofit Social Media Pages!

Comments: If you manage multiple social media pages for an organization or business, this is a great tool that will make your life so much easier and save you a lot of time!

Pros:

Hootsuite is a great timesaver. I love that as I'm setting up social media posts for the week, I can schedule posts across multiple platforms at the same time, and be able to further tailor them to the character of each platform (Facebook post vs. Twitter post) all from the same site. I also really appreciate how you can add or remove different "streams" from your viewing page for each social media platform. For instance, on my Facebook tab in Hootsuite, I have my page's scheduled posts in one column, our already published posts in the next column, and our inbox messages in another. For Twitter, though, I have my page's tweets in one column, our other newsfeed tweets in another (which I can retweet, reply to, and like all from that column in Hootsuite!), our mentions in a third column, and our direct messages in another.

Cons:

Overall, Hootsuite is great, but there are a couple of things that bother me from time to time. When scheduling Facebook posts with multiple photo attachments, I've found that Hootsuite will publish each photo as a separate post, but with the same text each time, instead of including all the images in one post. This means that in these cases, I always have to go to Facebook's page to schedule posts with multiple images instead of being able to do it from Hootsuite. It's not something I have to do very often (typically, I only include one image with a post), but it's annoying nevertheless. I've also occasionally had Hootsuite incorrectly block me from being able to schedule my posts because it's internal clock is off and says that my posts (which I'm trying to schedule for several days away) aren't being scheduled for more than 5 minutes in the future.