• Overall
    4.4 /5
    4.3 /5
    4.3 /5

About Asana

Asana is the easiest way to organize and manage all of your team's work. See why 8,000+ customers give Asana 4.5 out of 5 stars.

Learn more about Asana

Showing 9,513 reviews

Research Analyst
Mining & Metals, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/04/2020

"Easy to use and quite straightforward"

Comments: The first thing I find it very useful is that it helps a lot to manage my time and set priorities for different tasks. Because of its ability to be in different projects features, it will be quite handy for the ones who involve in different teams of a company like HR, Project Management.

Pros: It's quite easy to use and it has helped me a lot to keep track of my daily tasks. I find it very satisfying to complete the tasks right after i finish them. It is also handy for the management team to review everyone's tasks and how they're doing at the end of the day. It has already got essential features for task management even in free version, but I'd love to go premium later.

Cons: I hope it could provide more features like insights and trends in free version. But it is still okay to see the general insights of your work.

by Asana on 10/06/2020

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and feedback with us. We're grateful for your honest feedback and we're glad you feel we're on the right track!

If you've any follow-up questions, please let us know via our support team (asana.com/support) or community forum (forum.asana.com), we'll be more than happy to help!

• Reviewed on 13/04/2020
Syamir K.
Administrative Assistant
Education Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/02/2021

"Practical way to manage my daily task and project"

Comments: Overall, Asana is one of the most complete Project Management that i ever tried and use. Increasing our effectiveness in planning and tracking a project progress is never a issue with Asana. Deploying a complex project is possible with the help of Kanban method to help us plan the project carefully with visual aid.

Pros: I really like that my team and I can collaborate on project and task easily. The Gantt chart let us to planning a project effectively as we can visualized the activities that related with the project. Resource space has unlimited size that we can add to the project and view which project is dependable or assign to the resource.

Cons: There are not much downside that i can thinking while operating this software. The feature is well build and really responsive with my need in completing my project and daily task. The only thing that i think that they should improve is the video tutorial, there are some of the feature that not covered by the video tutorial.

• Reviewed on 03/02/2021
Dino K.
Program Director
  • Reviewed on 26/11/2020

"Love using Asana for personal task management as well as for team collaboration in our organization"

Comments: I've started using Asana a couple of years ago as I was searching for a tool that would help me manage all my tasks in a list view. Up to that point, I was using a note-taking app for that but was lacking structure in it, and when I discovered Asana, it gave me just that - structure for managing my multiple projects more efficiently and effectively by having an overview of all the projects and even better an overview of most important (daily) tasks.
Later we also implemented Asana within our organization which gives us an overview of all the work, tasks that we need to execute on in order to successfully complete our projects.

Pros: What I like the most, when it comes to team collaboration in Asana, is task assignment function as we can simply assign tasks to each other and combined with Slack integration we immediately get notified about that in Slack as well. That way we really improved task tracking and execution.
One thing that I find very useful is that Asana enables both list view and Kanban view, as later is especially appreciated by some of my coworkers.

Cons: I wouldn't say there is anything I don't like about Asana, just one thing that I would really like to see is that there could be more people assigned to one task instead of needing to be followers.

• Reviewed on 26/11/2020
Fillipe neyl W.
  • Reviewed on 15/11/2020

"Could be so much better if listened to their users"

Comments: All of this made me look for "the source", I found Wrike and saw that everything Asana was releasing and charging more for it, was already availble in Wrike even before Asana. So we moved to Wrike and we're happier than ever ;-)

Pros: Asana changed the way we managed tasks and projects. The secret of Asana is the granular way you can create tasks. You start just typing the task name and decide what other information you should input and when. There's no friction at all, YOU are in control of it. With just the press of the "Enter" on your keyboard, another task os created, and so on. The magic happens when you start to input more info, the assignee, the due date, the custom fields, and much more. From a simple task list Asana becomes a powerful task management system.

Cons: Well, after so many great things I mentioned, it's clear that yourself and your team will evolve in task managment. The issue with Asana starts there. The need for more functionality becomes a pain, specially reporting, built in time tracking and things you discover other apps already offer for the same price Asana is charging you. The users start to complain a lot on the Asana Community, speccially after the removal of the dashboard feature (that needed an upgrade) and launch of the Portfolio feature , the upgrade Dashboard needed so badly... the thing is you could only get the the new feature paying double per user (the new Business Plan). Paying users started to lose trust in Asana after this, myself included. The thread about this is the one with most comments on the Asama Community forum. But after more than a year, customers only get canned responses. Another popular complaint is the one with hundreds of paying costumers asking Asana to remove a very disturbing colorful banner asking you to upgrade to the Business Plan. Everyone in yout team is gonna see it and even being a paid user there's no way of hiding it.

• Reviewed on 15/11/2020
Faibrey D.
Data Analyst
Farming, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/07/2020

"Simplified teamwork with improved transparency"

Comments: We have seen an improvement in reporting standards since we started using Asana. Team members are transparent and it is very easy to see everything and help those that are having challenges completing projects.

Pros: We started using it on free trial and we realized the first week that this is the software we wanted. One of the best factors is that it is updated regularly to add new features without an additional fee on us. With our team we are able to set goals and divide them into smaller goals that are distributed among team members in the software and we are able to track easily progress on each goal based on deadlines. We are able to track workloads and monitor portfolios on a single dashboard with a few clicks which makes it very user friendly. When we rolled it out we did not need special training as it is very easy to use. We automated all routine tasks in the software to save time and reduce errors. In addition, another feature I enjoy is the use of forms that are user friendly to submit work requests. They are very easy to fill.

Cons: Although it gives the option to secure documents and data from editing by enabling the comment-only feature, it does not restrict viewing of the data of which it is a feature they can add to make sure there is selection on who can view data among the team members.

• Reviewed on 30/07/2020
Odette S.
Deputy Executive Director
  • Reviewed on 22/06/2020

"Intuitive, Powerful, and Beautiful To Do App"

Comments: Asana has allowed our office to both keep extremely flexible and extremely specific project to-do lists. It also allows us to keep our conversations about an issue or project in one place, archived for all time. Additionally, we are able to keep reference information about each project in Asana, creating one central place to check for details, status, and tasks on each project.

Pros: Asana is extremely easy to implement in an office. The design is clean and intuitive and feels very familiar and easy to use from Day 1. Love the ability to create tracking boards or lists, depending on what my need is; and the ability to switch between both of these views is a huge plus. The animations are a delight. Love the Chrome and Gmail plug-ins, I use those multiple times a day. I liked Asana so much that I implemented it at home to keep our family on track and organized.

Cons: I wish there was the ability to personalize the skin of the app more -- different backgrounds for the desktop, stickers. I also wish that Asana could integrate with electronic planners to replace their to-do list function.

• Reviewed on 22/06/2020
Nic M.
Freelance Consultant
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 26/02/2020

"Accuracy for teams!"

Comments: Asana has helped me help my clients in increasing efficiency and establishing an understanding between multiple business areas.

Pros: Asana has a number of templates and various different ways to manage and execute projects of different natures. For example, I use and always suggest to my clients that they use a weekly meeting templates where the sections match the various business operations such as marketing, operations, accounts, warehouse, etc. This allows items for discussion to be addressed in the weekly meeting and then allocated to the projects and individuals for execution. It's great for collaborating and ensuring that everyone in a team nails their dealings.

Cons: I do find it a bit pricey for smaller businesses, especially when handling multiple clients/projects from a single account and each project needs to be private. It's too expensive for freelancers or small agencies.

by Asana on 10/06/2020

Hi Nic and thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us. We're glad to know Asana has helped you and your clients to increase efficiency!

We recently made some changes to our paid plans, and among other things, we've implemented a paid solution for teams of 2,3 and 4 people! Please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team if this is something you'd be interested in. We're also available via our Community Forum if you have some questions or need any assistance!

• Reviewed on 26/02/2020
Carlos T.
Gerente de Proyectos y Comunicaciones
Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/11/2019

"Collaborative software for project and task management."

Comments: I recommend this software responsibly because it is one of the best solutions that work teams have to manage tasks and work projects. With Asana you will be able to develop different types of collaborative activities quickly and efficiently, improving the product of your work and adding to your work dynamics a lot of productivity. Acquire this software and improve your work dynamics.

Pros: Asana is a software designed to facilitate the management of projects and tasks in the working environment. The most important features of this software are the following. -It is a software that strengthens teamwork thanks to its shared workspaces, which are divided into projects and tasks. You can manage large projects, as well as you can manage small operational tasks in your work and assign obligations to other co-workers. -A well explanatory central panel, which mentions each of the details of the project or task you are carrying out and the tools applicable to your projects. -Receive instant updates on the progress of your project or tasks, plus notify you when a member of the team made changes to the project. -You can schedule meetings and pending tasks. -All the projects and tasks you are managing are stored in the Asana cloud. -It has a multiplatform application, so you can access the software from your smartphone.

Cons: Asana has one of the best project management platforms I have ever known. For more than three years I have used this software for work purposes, and both its collaborative workspace tool and the option to develop projects, tasks and store them in the cloud, work excepcionalmemte. Asana developers have done a great job developing this software for businesses. It is a very complete and efficient software for me.

• Reviewed on 11/11/2019
Ken I.
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 29/10/2019

"If I only had ONE tool, this would be it."

Comments: I use Asana every day, and it's the first thing I fire up in the morning. I can check it's inbox to see if there are any pressing issues or communications (if I hadn't already seen it in the app), and then run down my tasks which are displayed just as I've set them up. My projects are listed in the order that makes sense to me, and tasks are scheduled, communications, files, etc., all available at a click. It even talks to Toggl, so I can track my time effortlessly. As a one-man agency, I've been able to take on much more work using Asana than if I'd tried to manage everything the old way. Before I used Asana, I tried to manage projects, service and other communications via email, labels, etc., but there's just no comparison. If you make the transition to Asana, you'll be a better coordinator, project manager, business person, etc. You won't be able to help it. ;)

Pros: Asana is a very capable project coordination platform. It's very easily customized to fit my individual workflow, and extremely intuitive. I share access with some of my clients to allow them to create, edit and update tasks. I love the way this tool weans stakeholders from the jungle of email.

Cons: I wish there were a mid-level pricing tier for entrepreneurs to take advantage of some of the pro-level features, but not have to commit to the fairly pricy upgrade. Don't get me wrong, it's probably very worth it to upgrade, but I'd rather be able to choose the features that would benefit me at a reduced price rather than buy the upgrade for one or two I really want. Like when we had to buy an album just to get the 2 songs we really wanted, lol!

• Reviewed on 29/10/2019
Gabrielle W.
Administrator
  • Reviewed on 14/10/2019

"Asana - more than a to do list"

Comments: It’s a very colorful, interactive program that motivates their users to complete tasks in a timely manner. Other programs may compromise it’s appearance for an easy to use dashboard, while others may forfeit the simplicity of its app to appear colorful or modern. Asana does both! Our team uses Asana on a daily basis. It’s more than just a to do list, it’s an app that truly makes its users feel good for getting things done. From the trendy emojis that occasionally pop up, to the easy to use dashboard, this app is a must-have for any company or team to use!

Pros: It’s a very colorful, interactive program that motivates their users to complete tasks in a timely manner.

Cons: There is some confusion in regards to setting up the projects or team boards. There doesn’t seem to be a way to duplicate tasks on a team board to a private project.

• Reviewed on 14/10/2019
Randall H.
Software Engineer
Defense & Space, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/05/2019

"One of the best task management tools you can get!"

Pros: Asana is a beautiful and flexible tool for managing your project and for team collaboration. The tool provides a very simple and easy to use GUI that provides you with quick buttons for all the common things you would need, such as creating a new project or task, assigning users, notifications, scheduling, permissions, watchers, etc. I am pretty impressed as all these options are available right on the main window in a very intuitive manner, as opposed to a bunch of buttons being cluttered in one area or options buried within menu trees. I love the fact that you can create tasks and organize them as easy as making using a simple todo list app on your phone. You type your task and can drag them and make dependencies too that way. There are several views that you can use, such as the calendar view, comments view, task view, and custom views that you can personalize to suit your needs. The colors are vibrant, simple, and blend well with the white motif. Although it may appear pretty simple, it also contains powerful advanced options such as page settings, task dependencies, special functions for managing users. As a collaboration tool, everyone sees updates to tasks in realtime. Asana also provides nice graphs, statistics, and reports. Asana integrates with other popular tools as well, such as Google Drive, Dropbox, Salesforce, etc. This isn't even everything that Asana has to offer, it is truly a great tool to work with.

Cons: I don't really have anything negative to say about Asana as it has been a pleasure to use. I guess even with a simplistic tool like this, there are still people in our team that struggle with the initial learning curve and need training. I think if Asana had some kind of start tutorial where it guided you through the basic functions and provided explanations for each button and where they are located then that might especially help new users.

• Reviewed on 28/05/2019
SAP Business one Consultant
  • Reviewed on 11/09/2018

"An Organizational, Team Coordination and Tracking Tool"

Comments: In a large team who are decentralized (different departments handling different tasks within the same project), the tool works well to coordinate each team and meet deadlines. It also minimizes the hassle of follow up for team leads.

Pros: Key pros that elevate my overall experience in regards to the software are:
1. User interface and design - The design aspects are very colorful and interactive, making it easy to navigate from one part of the application to another
2. The timeline feature and ability to monitor other team members' progress on common or interrelated tasks enables the overall team to be efficient and helps with easy follow up
3. The ability to create tasks, project templates, color coded calendars and visual project plans not only adds to the user experience (UX) but also to enhance efficiency as one progresses through the project timelines and goals
4. The software is efficient in updating what's in progress, complete, new requests, all of which assist the user to manage their goals for a project. Priority levels also increase efficiency because a user can also give more attention to high priority tasks.
5. On the technical side, it has an open API and integrates well with other software applications such as dropbox and GitHub
6. Asana recently added gantt chart functionality called timelines which helps with project dependencies

Cons: 1. It takes some time to learn how to use each feature of the product as there are so many features. It requires someone who already has some knowledge to be able to guide other team members. They are easy to use once you do work on them, but some users struggle with more specific features such as dashboards, communication tools.
2. It does not have an in-built instant messaging/chat feature to chat instantly with team mates although they have options to integrate with other softwares for the same functionality.
3. There are too many details that need to be added by users, taking away slightly from the overall experience

• Reviewed on 11/09/2018
Lindsay V.
Operations Administrator
Media Production, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/08/2018

"A Step Away From Being The Best"

Comments: We have felt a huge and increasing need for something like Asana and couldn't find the right fit for a fair price. Asana has been the closest we've found to what we are looking for. We can add sub-contractors on individual projects and assign them tasks without having to pay an arm and a leg. This platform would be dynamite with a couple additional features and small changes, but regardless, it has still been of great benefit to us. It is simple enough (compared to complex tools like Bitrix24) but dynamic enough (compared to simple tools like Trello) to be our main work space hub. Because we are used to using free and unlimited tools (like Bitrix24 and Trello), we like that Asana is an affordable solution. We are grateful for all of the benefit it has added to our company!

Pros: Asana has been a huge asset to our company! It's is very easy to use, clean, organized, aesthetically engaging, and customizable enough to fit specific needs of unique organizations. To create a task list, you must create a new project, so we have a unique "project" for each employee, simply as a way of putting their personal to do list in Asana, instead of having a separate platform (like Wunderlist) for general tasks. Now all project tasks and general tasks can be viewed in one list in Asana. Asana works with our time tracking platform (Toggl) so employees don't have to shift between windows to track which project they are working on. The Timeline view was the biggest selling point for us, since the simple Trello-like project view is far too basic for the complexities of our many fast moving projects. Asana Timeline is simple enough that we don't waste valuable hours just getting the project timeline setup (templates is a life-saver), but we also don't waste time duplicating work, retracing steps, dividing tasks via email, etc. It keeps us organized and helps us communicate progress quickly.

Cons: Asana allows you to chat around any project, however, the notifications for new messages do not get your attention! You have to be in Asana or email no-stop to realize someone has written you. This makes the conversation/chat element near useless for us. We have to put our messages in Asana (so we can keep all project information in one place) but then notify the associated colleague in What's App that they have a pending and time sensitive message in Asana. This is frustrating! There are a handful of other elements that make this platform less than it could be. When you add a task with a due date and due time, you will not receive an overt chime or pop-up notification at the due time. Again, you must be constantly checking email or Asana... very inefficient with numerous projects going at once and for employees with lots of emails coming in throughout the day. Additionally, you cannot designate a default "assign to" person for a particular task/project list. These issues have been brought up by many Asana users and even after lots of time passing, there has not been real resolution to these frustrating elements.

• Reviewed on 10/08/2018
Brad M.
2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/11/2016

"Massive learning curve; inconsistent concepts"

Comments: A lot of asana is neat. But I have so many pain points. To illustrate this, look how many help videos you have. I don't think a product like this should require someone to sit down and watch 15 videos.
Difficult to grasp. I've had collaborators I've invited in persevere with it then tell me "I'm sorry, I hate asana". Eg the 'inbox'. They can see parts of a conversation, so it looks just like the task's own thread except all their own contributions are missing. Suggest you make the inbox view much leaner. Eg2 conversations. With the various people I've worked with it's been more confusion, at least initially
I'm still not clear on who sees what and who gets notified of what when there are teams and people direct on projects. And having to assign someone to a project after removing them, so that I can unprovision them? That was awkward When I went to a billed plan, my scheduled webex/gotomeeting session was a no show The space distribution of the ui is out. Why when I close the left projects pane does the list view (left) pane take up more than half the width of the screen, leaving not much for the actual details?? My main screen is Mac laptop, 1280x800 but it's the same on 1920x1080 where the list pane should be much narrower than the detail The tool gears itself to power users by requiring memorising hot keys for formatting, no buttons for new users. In itself this is ok, but then it's too basic because it doesn't support hyperlinks. Hyperlinks. Like from the 1990's. Just put in markdown support please
Because of the formatting limits the knowledge base I want to set up is crippled. We're used to Confluence in the past and am poised to move that content over to Confluence
If I have a task nested 2 tasks deep, I have to move it to the project, then back down into the other parent I want it in. How about a copy dock somewhere I can put it while I'm moving or something? Do folk get notified of new task when I move a task to project level? Where's my 'recently viewed' list? Navigating and searching are sloow, maybe not in a SF office, but elsewhere. I'd like quick view drop down of stuff I've viewed lately and favorited tasks Sorry to bitch about this. It has nice features. To be honest probably part of our problem is we're not all fulltime on this, so the learning curve for them takes longer to overcome. But getting externals to jump in and do certain bits is useful for us, so as it is now, if I was starting over, I wouldn't use asana

• Reviewed on 04/11/2016
Nikki L.
  • Reviewed on 06/10/2020

"Asana is exactly what you need!"

Comments: Asana has been the answer I needed for project management tools. So many are too complicated and some are too simple for our team's needs. Asana is the happy medium as you can make it as simple or in-depth as you need it to be. It's easy to add your team, create different projects and add tasks. I love that you get email reminders and updates as things are complete (in case I forget to sign in and check). Loving this tool a lot!

Pros: I've tried a few other project management tools and they are either way too complicated, too simple or have limitations that make it not as user friendly. Asana is the simple answer to all of that. You can use it for basic needs all the way up to more complicated project management - it can handle it all. I love how the interface is set up - very user friendly and easy to use.

Cons: I don't like that it auto-loads your project view - I'd prefer it stayed as the previous setting. Perhaps there is a way to set it that I haven't tried though. Aside from that, haven't encountered anything that I don't like.

• Reviewed on 06/10/2020
Audrey M.
Owner/operator
Accounting, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 14/01/2021

"LOVE this program!"

Comments: It helps me keep track of all my tasks! Out of all the task management programs I tested this is the one I picked and use to stay focused and organized.

Pros: It helps me keep track of all my tasks! It allows me and teammates to add and check off task as we work together, and also leave comments and attach documents as needed. Goodbye needless emails!

Cons: Sometimes someone else can check off my task by accident, I'm afraid one day I might not catch the mistake and a task will be missed. It hasn't happened yet.

• Reviewed on 14/01/2021
Matheus R.
CTO
Education Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/11/2019

"Great tool, a little on the expensive side"

Comments: We are using Asana to track our growth experiments, our sprints, and every task.

Pros: This is simply the best Task tool. We have tried many others. However, the UX, subtasks, task report and all the other features are the best in the market.

Cons: The pricing is really hard, charging 14 USD for each team member is much more than it had to be, we are thinking about moving from Asana just because our team is growing.

• Reviewed on 26/11/2019
Leah J.
Senior Data Analyst
Internet, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/12/2018

"Excellent project management tool for small to mid-size teams"

Comments: I have used Asana in two separate small companies (advertising agency, startup) and have been happy with its application both times. It elucidates people's workload and progress, and - ideally - helps prevent employee overload. In both instances, I've found that a reliable, consistent application of standard use is absolutely necessary for it to be an effective project management tool (especially absent a designated full-time project manager).

Pros: Asana is highly customizable, which makes it an excellent project management tool for software, website, app, business dev, and creative applications (marketing, copywriting, graphic design, etc). It regularly deploys new, usable features (like kanban boards and gant charts) to track project progress and timeliness. The built-in organization system for creating a taxonomy of projects and sub-projects is useful. Tagging allows high visibility into each user's productivity and process, and helps keep everyone on task. Asana is definitely best for small-mid size teams (say, <50 people at most), or within departments.

Cons: There's a definite learning curve: layouts can be counterintuitive, and the icon system (instead of using text to identify actions within the user-interface) takes time to learn. Additionally, (like any project management platform), an organization-wide process/policy for using Asana is necessary for it to be effective. It's also important - of course - to ensure everyone consistently uses Asana for tracking, so that project information and progress is aggregated in one place.

• Reviewed on 03/12/2018
Aram Z.
CTO
Food & Beverages, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/07/2020

"Great for operations"

Comments: Overall, Asana is a great tool and has served the team really well. Repeating tasks, great mobile app, and overall simplicity have been a win. I do see that we are moving more towards tools like Notion that allow for more unstructured data and really robust description areas. That said, we still use Asana to manage the majority of repeat tasks as well as very well defined, 1 step tasks.

Pros: I love the mobile app, it's been really easy to get down quick tasks through the day. The simple list structure allows for rapid planning. Then leveraging the same list to create sections is great.

Cons: I feel limited to how I can filter and sort tasks from the team. The description section feels weak compared to tools like Notion.

• Reviewed on 27/07/2020
Mia B.
Online Media, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 01/03/2019

"Asana is a pretty big deal"

Pros: This is a very robust software- even with the free version. Just about every big online business I know uses some version of Asana because it works great for teams and project communication. I personally don't have a team so I'm able to use the free version without issues. What I really like about Asana is that you can create tasks by 'Projects'. So, instead of just making a random list of things you need to do and scheduling them with due dates, you can create projects filled with tasks necessary to complete those projects. Then, you can reuse those projects over and over as needed. For example, I have a project board for 'Webinars', 'Blog posts', and 'Outreach'. Within each I have the entire process for each of those projects broken down into tasks. now, I can schedule these tasks if I want. I can even set them to cycle weekly or monthly in a calendar view and send reminders via mobile push or email. There are so many options.

Cons: I don't like that the calendar view of cycled tasks won't show future scheduled tasks until I complete the current week's task. So, once I check a task as complete, it will then populate at the next scheduled time. Before that, it won't show up at all in the future. This keeps me from being able to look at next month's (or even next week's) tasks to see what my schedule will hold. Seems like an unnecessary limitation.

• Reviewed on 01/03/2019
Alexander D.
Dir of Demand
Construction, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/04/2020

"Used to be a big fan. Frustrated with new changes."

Comments: The software is good, but so feature-heavy, that if you don't roll it out and coach your teams on how it should be used - everyone will use it in different ways and communication will breakdown. If you are a leader of a team, esp in a high growth dynamic startup, be wary

Pros: It's a powerful and flexible tool for managing complex projects across teams.

Cons: Their support team is slow to respond and typically does not even help you what you need. Pricing is also ridiculous that you have to pay for accounts you don't use. They force you to purchase in packs of 5 people. You have a team of 11 - you have to pay for 4 seats you don't use. To save you the 3-4 day response time it takes to get a support ticket reply, I'll tell you now they will say there is no way for them to do this. I will likely churn from this software at the first chance I get. Why say the price per user when you cant scale your userbase PER USER... no one hires and fires in groups of 5, so why do you price this way?

• Reviewed on 16/04/2020
Client Experience Manager
Accounting, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/10/2018

"Asana Review"

Comments: Love it. We are an accounting firm, so probably not the typical client (I’m guessing it’s more suited for marketing or tech companies) but we’ve made it work because it’s so customizable. Super easy to use & love the extra delight feature (sometimes it’s the little things, right?).

Pros: Our firm implemented Asana, after remarkably not having a system in place for task management. Going from nothing to something was a huge improvement, which allowed us to streamline communication, task management, and visibility among teams. We created hundreds of projects for each of clients, and then set recurring tasks within each project. Implementation was pretty much a breeze, as we had a really great Asana team member helping with every step in the process. Asana also has the best help center of any other platform I’ve worked with, and I use many systems! It’s a really great tool for task management, and we’ve had success rolling it out with our team members.

Cons: Would have loved to have seen a better Slack / Asana integration but it wasn’t a deal breaker by any means. We have hundreds of Asana projects, and hundreds of Slack channels, so the integration was basically not possible. Minor con, though - as the perks outline the cons. Also find the notifications to be a bit lacking in that I either get notifications on the hundreds of projects I’m involved in (I’m in an account management role) or I get no notifications. The notifications are much managable for teams that are more specialized, and only have access to a subset of our projects, vs. someone like me, who is on every project.

• Reviewed on 02/10/2018
Dara S.
Financial Administrator
Architecture & Planning, 51-200 Employees
  • Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 20/08/2019

"Works great if you stick to it"

Comments: We've tried various Project Management software and I like Asana cause its not trying to be everything in one. Other programs want to manage the money side of things as well (costs, contracts, etc.), where as Asana is just managing the task list. Its simple, its quick, and it helps our team run seamlessly from one aspect of a project to another.

Pros: My boss loves checklists. He even gave us all a copy of the Checklist Manifesto by Atul Gawande. Asana is like the checklist manifesto of our office. It took some time to implement, and set up. It took even more time getting people used to using it and making sure they use it often. Now that we do, its amazing. We've set up templates and as soon as we set up a project we can assign tasks. Each team member knows when they complete a task to check it off and assign the next (either to themselves or someone else). It keeps everyone moving and on schedule.

Cons: It takes everyone working it to make it work. If someone forgets to check something off as complete, or forgets to assign the next task to someone, it just falls through the cracks. And there's nothing to alert you to something getting dropped. It also doesn't have a way (that I know of) to see a bird's eye view of everything. When you look at a project, that's all you see, where every once in a while I would like to see them all at once and scroll through them to see if anything is getting dropped.

• Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 20/08/2019
Director of Marketing
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/11/2019

"The perfect task list for projects"

Comments: I used Asana as a project manager and loved it. I used it as Director of Marketing to organize our Grand Opening strategy and loved it! My only problem was that I couldn't get my entire leadership team to buy-into working on it ... which defeated the purpose a lot. I still use it on a personal level, and once I get my own team I'll be implementing it for sure.

Pros: Collaborating with team is easy - the different views of projects also really helped! You can view the project by date almost like a grant chart, or you can view it organized by phases, or you could have it as a workflow where tasks get moved based on their status.
I loved that it was easy to customize the fields - adding and removing task fields. Additionally, having a section with a personal task list where you can mark things off was so helpful! It organized it by the due date and the small animations on the screen when you completed a task were a nice touch.

Cons: Nothing really. I was very pleased with all the features and how they all worked. If anything, sometimes the grant chart view with dates was a bit hard to read - however, aren't all grant charts a bit wonky and long sometimes?

• Reviewed on 13/11/2019
Sarah P.
Online Media, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 07/12/2019

"Great for Organization and Creating Workflows"

Comments: At first, there was a learning curve with Asana, but once I began to understand it I fell in love. I am able to create workflows, organize client information, create todo lists, and more. Best of all now you can switch between lists, boards, calendars and more after creating 1 board. It is the bet feature overall. My only disappointment lies in the pro version. There are several features I would love to have access too, but it does not make sense for me to upgrade when I would have to buy 5 seats when I only need 1 for me.

Pros: I love how easy it is to be able to do a variety of types of boards in a workspace. You can create lists, calendars, boards, ect...and now you have the ability to transition your board between the different formats.
My absolute favorite aspect of Asana is how the Due Dates you assign to users will show up on a calendar, helping you keep a close eye on your due dates to complete a project or stay on track for client work.

Cons: My least favorite aspect is the paid versions are not practical for a solopreneur. I love Asana, and try to use it for everything business...there are several features of the pro version I would love to use, but it is not rational for me to purchase 5 seats when I need 1.
Another issue I have is the amount of RAM this web-based program uses when running. I have burned up 2 hard drives trying to keep it open while working throughout the day. I love the ease of the software but it's heavy-duty.

• Reviewed on 07/12/2019