15 years helping Israeli businesses

About Findmyshift

Create and share employee schedules anywhere, any time in any browser. Drag & drop scheduling as easy as working with a spreadsheet.

Learn more about Findmyshift

Pros:

Easy to navigate and the app is very useful for the entire team.

Cons:

At a company where I have to get authorisation and wait to use a company card to pay for an extension, it becomes a hassle.

Findmyshift ratings

4.5
4.4
4.4
4.5

8.7/10

Findmyshift has an overall rating of 4.6 out 5 stars based on 1,022 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Findmyshift before?

Filter reviews (1,022)

Mathieu
Mathieu
CEO in Switzerland
Restaurants, 11–50 Employees

Great tool to plan your shift for your team

Pros:

Easy to plan shift, easy to see your shift and your team can clock in clock out in 1 go

Cons:

You can not change your shift on mobile, you can only see it

Dylan
Medical Services Operations Manager in Australia
Hospital & Health Care, 51–200 Employees

Medical Services - Reveiw

Comments: Excellent system and enjoy using findmyshift.

Pros:

more efficient the excel spreadsheets, plus has excel functionality. Shift reminders are very helpful and useful. Staff management and schedueling.

Cons:

unable to add phone numbers or other details when adding staff members. Limited number of staff that can be added. Printing sizes cannot be adjusted which can affect scale for print out versions.

Sarah
Operations Manager in UK
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51–200 Employees

Basic and serviceable rota system

Comments: Overall, I find the entire system to be challenging, both for the company and the employee.

Pros:

The customer service is super quick to respond via chat and is always a person, which is very helpful. Usually they can resolve the issue or I can figure out quickly that it's not possible to resolve the issue due to the limitations of the platform. It's also inexpensive compared to other rota systems we've looked at, so I suppose I would say it's value for money. However, I believe you are paying for what you get - a very basic and clunky rota system that is serviceable but not necessarily quality.

Cons:

The pros listed above are the only two things I like about FMS, so that basically means the cons are everything else. I don't find it to be user friendly for the employee - meaning it is difficult to see your shift pattern, apply for available shifts. The mobile app is unusable and we have to tell employees to use the desktop site at all times, which many find annoying. There's also no way to advertise available shifts in the facility view, only via staff view which I find very strange. We don't use it for timekeeping because there's no function for staff to 'check in' like on other rota systems. We also can't use it for payroll because we have staff working at more than one pay rate, and to adjust this and make exceptions has to be done staff member by staff member. Perhaps it's not only FMS's limitations but the way we build our rota system - I will be upfront that I did not built the rota system, rather inherited it from previous managers.

Gurpreet
Partner in Canada
Hospital & Health Care, 11–50 Employees

Good software overall but not getting regular updates

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Great product minimum issues, but UI is old and new features non existant.

Pros:

Familiarity, solves 80% of my issues. We use time clock, scheduling, time off management, and some basic reporting.

Cons:

No regular updates, we have been on this system for 4 years and now it has started to look old compared to more contemporary softwares.

Peter
Director of Clinical and Commercial Services. in UK
Hospital & Health Care, 51–200 Employees

Remote clinical team management

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Very positive as it enables rapid adjustment and excellent visibility to staff and management.

Pros:

Ease of use and ability to make and communicate real time adjustments.

Cons:

No issues to be honest - the real time access and ability to cut and paste meets our requirements.

Sam
Office Manager in UK
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11–50 Employees

Great, simple, intuitive product.

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Very user friendly for the staff who use the app. Transition from a paperbased system to an electronic system was very easy. The reports function is useful and being able to export everything to a CSV is very useful for management.

Pros:

Being able to import data such as staff details. Customisation of staff fields. Flexible and customisable security options.

Cons:

Holiday hours not included in weekly/daily totals. Overlap of time off with shifts can cause problems. Needs a custom rate for Holiday hours rather than picking up the rate from the Rate Exceptions list.

Chief Operating Officer in New Zealand

Easy to use, with information clearly displayed. Great access across all devices.

Comments: A much clearer and more accurate view of staff work times, leave. Easier to track absenteeism and manage via the reports available. Simple to use and a time saver when planning rosters and staff leave.

Pros:

Initial set-up was easy and the instructions to do so clear. The rosters can be set to cover a wide range of duty shifts, daily and weekly. The roster template set-up was simple and it is extremely easy to transfer to the Overview for use. Changes to the roster for holidays, rostered time off, sick leave etc. is very simple and can be added directly into the Overview. The reports available are clear and full and very good for Management purposes. The time clock log-in and log out is quick and simple.

Cons:

The inability to select several staff members when adding time off, especially Statutory Holidays when not all staff have the time off on that day. Even though this may be done directly in the Overview it would be quicker and easier to do as a once only action in the Add Time Off function.

6 years ago

Thanks for the review Ian!

Bernadette
Consumer Services, 2–10 Employees

Highly recommend - straightforward software, full schedules available at a glance

5.0 last month New

Comments: As a manager, Findmyshift has simplified rota compilatation, wages calculations and has provided staff with a very easy to use tool to view their schedules weeks in advance

Pros:

Easy to use for both staff and management. Everything in one place and all staff schedules instantly visible. Very useful for working out monthly wages.

Cons:

I have found no cons when using Findmyshift, nor have my staff

kristina
Manager in UK
Hospital & Health Care, 11–50 Employees

Great for a medium sized restaurant with a lot of staff

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: I love it. it's easier than excel and bits of paper

Pros:

I like being able to see weeks at a time, add holidays and count sick, it's great staff have the app and know what they're doing

Cons:

Typing things in wrong - I've almost paid people for 1 hour between 9 and 10am rather than their 9am-10pm shift

Tony
Finance Manager in UK
Hospitality, 11–50 Employees

Our honest opinions

4.0 2 months ago New

Comments: overall very good but we didnt know about lots of things until we started looking around.
the company sells it but doesn't really support the sale until you have a problem

Pros:

Its easy to share and communicate outwards

Cons:

difficult to find things without going to support

Jennifer
Logistics Coordinator in US
Logistics & Supply Chain, 201–500 Employees

The easiest, most convenient real time scheduler

Comments: We were using Excel which was hard to set up in a visually pleasing and functional way. With FMS, all I have to do is fill in the schedule, publish and send it off through one easy platform

Pros:

Probably the way copy, cut and paste work just like Excel. Another favorite is how I can filter by departments and it groups employees together based on their job functions. That makes it so easy to use!

Cons:

I don't like hitting the back button when I'm looking at 10 weeks at a time because all I really wanted to see was last week and it throws you all the way back to the beginning of the last 20 weeks

Julie
Managing Director in UK
Facilities Services, 11–50 Employees

Easiest system to use and set up

Comments: Easy to use and set up.
Not tied into long contracts for a system that does not work for us (this is an issue we have had in the past).
Employees find it easy to use from their phones.

Pros:

Online tutorials are good but you need to set the time aside to work through as they can be long winded. Easy to set up locations, employees and the copy and paste facilities are excellent. What use to take at least two days to complete now takes half a day. Like the ability to see multiple weeks alongside each other. Client decides how long they want to use the system for rather than being tied into software agreements that do not work for the client.

Cons:

Find it over complicated to set the client charge out rate so cannot use the reports as we would like.

4 years ago

Thanks for the review, Julie!

brenda
Retail, 11–50 Employees

Best addition to any business !

Comments: We have used Fingerpick My Shift for several years, no hesitation to keep renewing.

Pros:

Love the ease of scheduling shifts and for staff to request leave. Permissions allow you to streamline your scheduling options to your company needs.

Cons:

No consolidation in reports in the hours section. When entering information into the notes section in employee details, when you update profile the information can sometimes disappear from the notes.

Jerome
Manager in Ireland

Hannah Marys Shop

Pros:

The fact that it is so user friendly and easy to access on the go and out of the office with the app!

Cons:

It would be great if there was a feature that you could block off days so that employees cant book them off!

Olugbenga
Staffing & Recruiting, 11–50 Employees

Over all view

Comments: The experience has been fantastic, it has help us utilise our time in other area.

Pros:

The fact that all staff and the management team are able to communicate through the platform hence saving us a lot of time.

Cons:

Clocking in and out still pose an issue for us, but with the help of your department, i think we can resolve it.

Cal
Deputy Manager in UK

Best value for money scheduling app out there! Simple but has all the features you need.

Comments: More efficient scheduling (than using Excel spreadsheets) - cost saving
Easy to manage staff requests, holiday and time off

Pros:

We have been using findmyshift for scheduling in our business (hostel, 30 employees) for a year now - having previously only used excel spreadsheets for our rota. This software has helped us schedule more accurately according to our business level which helped us save hours as well as relieving our team during the busier periods. It's use is very straightforward and does pretty much anything you need it to with a bit of fiddling. The customer support team are very quick to respond to your queries with a live chat as well. On top of that it is pretty much the cheapest in it's category (compared to Deputy or WhenIWork) although it might not look as snazzy or have all the functionalities these have. We will definitely be continuing to use this software for the next year. Can also connect to your google cal or ical which helped me personally organise my life better :)

Cons:

It is a bit fiddly at times, and does seem more catered towards office businesses (9 to 6, Monday to Friday) than a 24 hours, 7 day a week business like ours. The app (for phones, Android and Apple) is a great plus but could be improved upon - The way the shifts are displayed is not super clear, the filter is hit & miss, and how you navigate the app is not the best.

6 years ago

Thanks for the review Cal!

Christopher

A well laid-out rota

Pros:

The way the rota can be laid out by "facility" or, in our case, areas of our business makes it easy to see at a glance where people are, where there are short-falls and where people can be moved to help make the business run more smoothly.

Cons:

The main area which I would love to see improved is calculating holiday pay. In particular, adding a holiday for a part-time user should be set to deduct holiday by default only for those days they would usually work - for example, someone who usually works Monday, Friday and Saturday should be able to be set as such so that holiday is deducted accordingly without having to manually change it. Also, someone who works varied hours should able to default to their average weekly number of hours deducted. I also think that adding sick leave could be improved to not require removing from the rota first before adding the sick leave. Adding time off generally also defaults to "Everyone" - it would be much better if it defaulted to blank and forced a selection before being able to apply such that people didn't accidentally add "Everyone".

5 years ago

Thanks for the review Chris! Lot's of great ideas there regarding time off that I'll pass on to the team.

Julie
Managing Director in UK
Events Services, 11–50 Employees

Changing our Rota System

Comments: Findmyshift has completely changed the way we plan for staffing events. It has been simple enough for even our most IT-wary volunteers to take part in. The messaging feature allows me to tell all staff about sudden changes or announcements.

Pros:

I wanted a system that was accessible to staff but which also let me budget for each event, as this was an area where we had historically overspent. It also helps me track holidays and time in lieu, which was almost impossible in our old system. It also lets me check staff availability way ahead without having to resort to complicated texts / whats app groups and emails. I have now introduced our volunteers to it and time sheets which will again save so much time and money.

Cons:

I have not yet learned how to clarify on booking a staff member on which pay rate they are on. Eg staff are standard rate or Duty manager rate for that shift. It is in the back under pay, but I don't know how to clarify what they are on for that particular shift which in turn makes it not work for payroll.

3 years ago

Thanks for the review, Julie! It sounds like you need to set up some "pay rate exceptions" for your staff members, either individually or globally, but get in touch with our support team and we can walk you through it over the phone or via live chat.

Leonora
Owner in UK
Hospitality, 2–10 Employees

Excellent Rota Management

Comments: Makes life much easier - really enjoy how simple it is to use and that it links with Slack which we use daily also

Pros:

This software is incredibly easy to use and my favourite function is the ability to delegate facility areas so we can clearly see which departments the staff are working in. With two sites and a variety of different but equally important job roles this makes life simple.

Cons:

I would like time off requests to be easier for staff to use.

3 years ago

Thanks for the review, Leonora! Time off requests are now possible through the app, so your staff should find the process easier than having to log in to the desktop site.

Richard
Media Production, 2–10 Employees

Just right for us

Comments: We schedule multiple jobs at multiple sites with multiple staff on a daily basis, that also changes on a daily basis. This software allows us to view multiple locations and 'who is where' each day, whilst instantly notifying each member of staff and syncing with their own calendar automatically. This dramatically reduces the amount of time scheduling jobs and we also put purchase order information onto each staff members daily booking, making cross referencing of invoices much quicker. We have been using this software for our business for several years now and it quite simply just does its job, and does it well!

Pros:

We love the fact that you can add as many staff as necessary without paying per person, particularly as we use a wide database of freelance contractors, so we have may only use some of them on rare occasions yet we don't have to continually pay just to have their name sitting in the app.

Cons:

The fact that you can't zoom in and out whilst viewing the calendar to be able to see several weeks at a time on screen.

6 years ago

Thanks for the review Richard! To zoom in and out, press CTRL - and CTRL +. I hope this helps!

Trilby
Manager in Hong Kong
Veterinary Software, 11–50 Employees

Invaluable tool for a small business

Comments: We have been using findmyshift for quite a few years now. We run a 24/7 operation with about 15 different shift times, so efficient management of staff timetables is absolutely essential.
As our business has grown from 15 employees to over 40 we have found this scheduling website to be invaluable. I can't imagine going back to our previous spreadsheet schedule which resulted in staff turning up late to shifts or not coming in at all as they weren't aware of late schedule changes. Automatic syncing with employee calendars and the time-clock function really help to set this software ahead of anything else I've tried. I'm sure we will be using findmyshift for years to come.

Pros:

It's easy to use and has a lot of functions

Cons:

I wasn't aware until trying other software products that findmyshift had a time-card function. So I would suggest somehow making users aware of these other functions. I'm not sure of the best way to do that - maybe a popup for managers every few logins so with different functions or tips?

7 years ago

Hi Trilby! Thanks for the suggestion. I have added that to our request list for consideration with a future update.

Helen
Trainee Dispensing Optician in UK
Hospital & Health Care, 2–10 Employees

Good overall use for staff

Pros:

mobile access for staff. recording of staff holidays.

Cons:

Would be helpful if there was a function that when making an amendment to someones shift it gives the option to map this change across the rota. Currently have to do it manually. also for staff to end holiday request it won't work form the app they have to use the desktop site

Brett
Manager in Australia
Retail, 11–50 Employees

Feedback after Using for 2 years.

Comments: I have been a consistent user for over 2 years now. I issue my roster weekly. None of my staff (who are mostly younger than me) have any issue with the roster.

Pros:

I was originally drawn to this software as my original digital roster program simply priced themselves out of the market and I needed to entertain alternatives. I liked that I was provided a template at no charge to trial. This enabled me to properly road test and gauge if it was software I could navigate.

Cons:

I had to ask numerous questions to seek advice about populating rosters. What is obvious now, was not when I originally started using this software. Again, this is most likely operator error. I could see hours and costs on my previous roster platform, and hide them from the printed version. I can't do that with findmyshift, at least not to my knowledge. I would like to if it is possible?

3 years ago

Thanks for the review, Brett!

Emily
CEO in UK
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 11–50 Employees

Great software, simple to use

Comments: We would recommend Find My Shift to any small business wanting a simple solution which doesn't cost the earth.

Pros:

We've found Find My Shift easy to pick up and share amongst our team. It's relatively inexpensive for a critical job!

Cons:

The user experience is sometimes a bit clunky and could be improved.

Director in Singapore
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

Just works!

Comments: Had tried quite a few prior to this and Findmyshift seems to be a well-balanced software that gets the job done for a business with freelance workers who take regular shifts.

Pros:

Can do monthly salary summation, unlike a lot of software which default to a weekly view for shift workers.

Cons:

Companion phone app not great. Web version works well though.

4 years ago

Thanks for the review, Ian!