15 years helping Israeli businesses

About Mailchimp

Mailchimp is the #1 email marketing and automations brand that recommends ways to get more opens, clicks, and sales.

Learn more about Mailchimp

Pros:

It is one of the most known and used so tons of community support. It has tons of great features almost as good as any of the others.

Cons:

They have a really strange billing system that is designed in such a way that it sucks money out of you.

Mailchimp ratings

4.2

8.4/10

Mailchimp has an overall rating of 4.5 out 5 stars based on 17,143 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Mailchimp before?

Filter reviews (17,143)

Vikas
Vikas
Product Marketing Manager in India
Marketing & Advertising, 51–200 Employees

A tool with seamless features

5.0 last month New

Comments: Overall, a definitely good-to-have tool if you do a lot of internal and external email campaigns. The learning curve is pretty narrow and can be operated by anyone.

Pros:

1. The new campaign builder is more robust and quicker. 2. Schedule features like time warp can help you get more opens and clicks 3. Audience and campaign feature is seamless and fast. 4. Drip and campaign setup feature can help you long campaigns on different conditions.

Cons:

1. HTML feature in content builder can be better, lack some basic HTML commands like center align, have to use padding for now. 2. Need a relatively better system, tends to hang on slow systems due to its browser consumption.

Akinyemi
Content Writer in Nigeria
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

MailChimp Review

5.0 last month New

Comments: I've been using MailChimp for my email marketing. It's so amazing. It's so amazing that I have adopted it as email marketing software of choice. I have kept recommending it to people.

Pros:

MailChimp is my one my best email marketing software. It's easy to use and beginner friendly. The overall interface is so great and easy to navigate. The labels and gatherings are exceptionally useful in keeping a data set for my customer base. I find the greeting pages ideal for running promotions on Facebook, Google, and so on. Having the option to make sections effectively is an incredible advantage.

Cons:

With my experiential knowledge of using MailChimp, it is almost impossible to equate other softwares with it when it comes to email marketing.

Ben Marcoux
Ben Marcoux
Manager in US
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Why I Don't Use Mailchimp

Comments: I have used MailChimp to set up a few campaigns for clients. I also started out on it because they used to offer 1,000 contacts for free. Integrating it with the different tools wasn't too tough. But it's not great at contact management and I don't recommend it if you're going to be doing any serious (or even quasi serious) email marketing.

Pros:

MailChimp is pretty easy to use and integrates with most page builders and websites. So you can quickly have an email form set up and start driving traffic to get people on your email list. They also have good support in regards to getting back to you quickly.

Cons:

MailChimp lacks features and power that make it competitive in the marketplace. I couldn't ever go back to it. The tool itself doesn't do everything I need it to. And as if that's not enough, I know of several people who have been shut down and had their accounts erroneously canceled by MailChimp for violating terms of service. So they were locked out of their account and had all of their email contacts erased without warning. And these were not "black hat" businesses. These were regular, small, mom and pop shops, including a florist.

Andy
Andy
Exeuctive Director in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2–10 Employees

One Stop Shop for Email Marketing

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: It has been great and a net positive for our orgniazation.

Pros:

Ease of using tools to create engaging and pretty emails. Audicene import is easy. Good data and tracking.

Cons:

Some advanced features could be a bit more intuitive. Some of the designs are a bit tired.

Deidre
Sr. Pastor in US
Religious Institutions, Self Employed

The Perfect Tool

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

The ability to create landing pages, professional emails and keep track of my contacts is so crucial to my business. They are fantastic in all they provide.

Cons:

That there is no customer service available and the help documents are not always easy to navigate.

Jake
CMO in US
Graphic Design Software, 2–10 Employees

This Tools Lasted Decades While Other's Haven't

Comments: Good mailer app, works really well for some clients but not others. Over all really like these guys as a company.

Pros:

It's good a really fun brand, and rich feature set built by developers that clearly had a vision for their products. For small businesses it does a lot of things so you don't have to worry about third party tools, but has a boat load of support for integration and tool support as your company scales/for larger orgs.

Cons:

Mailchimp has the same problem a lot of larger software services have run into. Their user base the server demand sometimes runs into performance swings. And their product stays mostly the same to keep old customers happy.

Katy
Industrial Engineering Intern in US
Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

Easy to use and efficient!

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: I love Mailchimp and recommend it to everyone!

Pros:

I love how user-friendly Mailchimp is and how I can easily track consumer data.

Cons:

It would sometimes be a bit tricky to format things just right in emails.

Retail, 2–10 Employees

Great features and price

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: Mailchimp is a familiar brand name that I trust. I’m happy with their product.

Pros:

I like that Mailchimp is easy to use and has a visually appealing dashboard. The cost is reasonable.

Cons:

More features would be great but I’m happy with what it provides for my size of business.

simon
Manager in UK
Retail, 2–10 Employees

Good Value Email Marketing

4.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: great software which were happy using for our campaigns, simple to read and use and delivers the results you want. Happy customer

Pros:

price point was fair compared to others, the simple to use system was the main thing we like meaning anyone in the company can setup campaigns with ease

Cons:

shopify intgration at the start was very intimitent however mailchimp soon got that working again

Artur
Artur
CEO in Brazil
Import & Export, 11–50 Employees

User-Friendly but expensive in somes cases

5.0 last month New

Pros:

Mailchimp is highly appreciated for its user-friendly interface, comprehensive features, robust automation, design tools, integrations, detailed analytics, scalability, extensive support resources, and a free plan for small businesses.

Cons:

The main drawbacks of Mailchimp include its high cost for larger lists, complexity of advanced features, limited customer support, restricted template customization, less detailed reporting, and costly list management due to duplicate subscribers.

Amy
Marketing Consultant in US
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Inuitive and Robust: Mailchimp makes it easy to create campaigns that deliver

Comments: I've used Mailchimp for about 12 years. I've also used Constant Contact and Emma. I liked that Emma gave me a live account rep. I liked that Constant Contact had a trustworthy legacy feel. But Mailchimp feels like home. It's a perfect combination of a boutique platform like Emma + a legacy system like Constant Contact. They have a stellar free-level package (up to 2,000 addresses) that makes them a no-brainer go-to for any small or start-up company.

Pros:

Mailchimp has easy and intuitive drag-and-drop campaign building blocks that make it easy to create professional emails and campaign landing pages. It's easy to connect Mailchimp to your online store to embed products, customize campaigns to folks who've opted in to lists or purchased particular products at your online store, and you can automate complete email/landing page chains. What you're able to accomplish with Mailchimp is only limited by your imagination, and the longer you work with it and explore it, the more value it yields. Somehow Mailchimp is able to deliver all this on a chassis that's simple and intuitive. For more sophisticated setups, they have a robust library you can access that's very useful. Perhaps the most important thing that I've appreciated about Mailchimp over the 10+ years I have used them is their unwavering dedication to ensuring the health of your list -- and therefore the health of the entire platform. They do a great job of educating marketers about how to ensure your campaigns are successful not just in the short run, but also overall, over many, many mailings and contacts. They keep marketers abiding by good email marketing principles, which means the platform is trusted by inboxes everywhere. Deliverability is very important to me and to my clients. I have more than once schooled my clients, armed with data and principles that Mailchimp taught me (both the easy way and the hard way).

Cons:

Any gripe I might have with Mailchimp is the same gripe I would have with any email platform. I would like their email and landing page-building software (or web-building software) to be as intuitive as Squarespace, which is honestly a whole other level of drag-and-drop, so perhaps a pipe dream. Over the years, I also haven't felt like I had a good support option. Their help page goes to the Mailchimp "knowledgebase" of articles, so everything I've ever learned about Mailchimp came from sussing it out myself through trial and error, through searching their Knowledgebase, or with a quick Google search. I do see they have a chat feature, which is great. But honestly in 10+ years I've pretty much had to wing it on this platform and it's still my fave, which says a lot. The only other thing I hope they improve is the automated email chain engine. Honestly, it feels a little glitchy.

Dayley
Dayley
Website & Marketing Manager in Thailand
Pharmaceuticals, 2–10 Employees

A safe option

Comments: I have never had any problems with MailChimp. Its been quite easy to setup with minimal steps required. I did have to contact the customer service team on one occasion and they replied promptly and direct to the point with a solution. So my experience with both the software and their team have been great.

Pros:

Widely used and can be integrated easily into other software such as QuickBooks, Xero, WooCommerce, Shopify, Inventory systems and many others. MailChimp gives the user the options of many different emails output depending on the circumstances. For example; newly registered user emails, newsletters, abandoned cart emails, if a customer hasn't made a purchase in a while or hasn't returned to your site in some time, which are all great for reminding the customer of your existence, and gaining that lost customer back! The form builder is pretty easy to use, and also gives you a copy & paste option of the code afterwards so it can be easily implemented into your website.

Cons:

You are limited with the styles of emails you can send to your customers. You can fully design your emails from scratch, but regarding the features you can place within the emails, it is kinda limited compared to other software. This would includes things like which items were abandoned when sending the customers an abandoned cart email. Or showing which items still remain in the customers 'Wishlist' if they haven't purchased the items yet and haven't been on the website for some time. I am not a big fan of the MailChimp logo at the bottom of every email sent to the customers.

Alekhya
Digital Marketer and Business Analyst in India
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

"Best way to outreach your business to numerous clients in a single click"

Comments: It's a time saving boon as per my view as I can easily send bulk mails in a single click with no more heavy work. Mailchimp made my weekly tasks easier by making my business contacts closer to me as I was able to quickly establish a business relation with my clients through scheduled and follow up emails regularly which I personally feel so beneficial to my business development.

Pros:

It's great that eye catchy banners and images can be designed as per our imagination for my email posts, social media boosting etc. I can use this tool to easily show my design creativity using the creative assistant of the content studio. It allows an admin to carry a scheduled management of bulk emailing to ample of customers which is also the best part of this tool usage where in businesses can be contated through a single click automated email marketing tool.

Cons:

The only feature that always worried me is the bulk email marketing function, where when i sent bulk emails at the same time sometimes the receivers mail box would consider my mail as spam or bot due to the same content inscribed in the mail. If this feature could be overcomed I can surely say that mailchimp is the best automated email marketing tool in the current era.

Jessie
Founder in Belgium
Computer Software, Self Employed

Versatile email marketing platform

Comments: Keeping my customers up-to-date with useful information.

Pros:

The most important features for my business were the drip email functionality and the RSS-to-Email integration. What I like most about the RSS-to-Email functionality is that the email template functionality enables you to group different articles in one email. When you have a high-volume blog with many different articles it's important to group topics and send those out as a summary in one email. I find this feature is missing in many other email platforms. All-in-all the UI of the platform is done very well with a touch of humor here and there which is nice. The open API enables developers to integrate where the existing integration options are lacking - but overall the platform is well supported in many third-party platforms.

Cons:

They've added features over the years to enable marketing automation (e.g. send an email to some who clicked/didn't click on an email or when someone visited your website) - at the time I was testing this functionality it didn't work very well. They've also added many other features which may drive value but I find they don't spend much effort in keeping existing customers up-to-date with the possibilities of these new features.

Henry
Henry
Digital Marketing Manager in US
Restaurants, 51–200 Employees

Great for freelancer and SMB email marketing, not a CRM replacement

Comments: MailChimp is the industry standard for a reason, and you get all the benefits you would expect from going with a big brand name. Solid customer support (for paid tiers), excellent uptime, and all the features you need and most of the features you want. I personally have never found the landing pages or social media ad features useful, and I do not think MailChimp can effectively do the job of a CRM, but as far as email marketing goes, this is my favorite.

Pros:

Getting started with MailChimp is easy and affordable. It might be free depending on your audience size. I have used other email platforms like ConstantContact, iContact, Marketing Cloud, and HubSpot, and in terms of features MailChimp is at least on par with them. MailChimp is a full email marketing platform, including subscriber management and segmenting, email design, design asset library, email automation, user email preferences portal management, sign-up forms, and even landing pages. I have found all of their features user friendly. I have my frustrations with MailChimp, but it succeeds in striking a difficult balance: it is user-friendly enough to be implemented and used by someone with minimal tech background, but can be built out to greater complexity and robustness if the user is tech savvy. Another benefit that you find with popular tools like this is the deep learning resources. Tons of forums, questions, how-tos, etc. Whatever issue you run into, it has likely been asked and answered. MailChimp would be, and has been, my go-to for freelancer and small business needs. And I have also used it for marketing large, multi-location and multi-brand companies, with no issues. It's flexible and reliable, and when you're about to hit "send" to 100k people, that's critical.

Cons:

Pricing can get steep at certain stages of business growth. Switching to business and pro tiers incurs a sharp increase in monthly pricing, and in addition you get charged more as your list grows. Cost creep can be sudden and shocking for truly bootstrapped businesses. A big potential issue is that MailChimp has been touting itself as a CRM lately. I do not think it makes a good CRM replacement for any size business, except perhaps a freelancer with a small contact list. The data management and manipulation features are too basic. Data management tools are weak. Some tracking issues, but this is such a convoluted and changing area it's hard to know where the issue lies. Specifically, if I leave "click tracking" enabled on a campaign, MailChimp will override my source/medium tags in third party site tracking.

Brittany
SMB Owner, Exec. Dir. of a Non-Profit in US
Online Media, Self Employed

A Great EMS To Streamline A Complex Content Marketing Funnel/Lifecycle

Pros:

What I like most about Mailchimp is its ability to use in scale for businesses/missions of all sizes. I have worked on it for my own personal brand and upwards of deploying at 118 locations while also utilizing internally as a head of a marketing and creative design team. It integrates pretty easily with sooooo many other apps, which makes it a yes for me in a world where you need to build socials and your customer contact database simultaneously to getting the word out about whatever marketing need you send via email.

Cons:

Sometimes the automation features can flub... as in an older version of a saved draft may send (rare occasion, sometimes user error but sometimes not) or specifically timed out emails for a time zone may send earlier/later than desired.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11–50 Employees

A very strong email marketing tool that keeps you up to date with regulations

Comments: Overall, Mailchimp is a good tool for sending out email campaigns. It's simplicity has saved a lot of time and the way the contact lists are handled is superb. Some of the quirks I mentioned in the cons section are very frustrating but livable when weighed in with the pros. The recent GDPR regulations were a strain on our organization but getting our Mailchimp list compliant was the easiest part. If your organization generally sends out one type of message or you don't have to worry about different divisions of your organization needing to have different settings, Mailchimp should work very well for you with very little issue. Our organization is more complicated with the need to send very different messages from different divisions and sub divisions so it is trickier for us to use. It would make sense for organizations like ours to have multiple, separate Mailchimp accounts but that would defeat the most important feature, which is the integrated contact list.

Pros:

The best thing about Mailchimp is the ability to customize your target lists to ensure the right people are getting the right message. The days of going through spreadsheets to figure out who to send what are over and you never need to worry about sending the same person duplicate emails (unless they signed up to your list with different email accounts). The integration with social media is very convenient and really helps messages get an even further reach after they are sent. Also, having an archive of emails with many ways to view metrics on each of them as well as access to each recipient's behavior is very valuable.

Cons:

The basic editor is very buggy so you have to be sure things look and work right every time. Even when you do make sure things work right in the preview, they sometimes don't in the actual email that goes out. When you cut and paste copy, it is unpredictable what the outcome will be because styles embedded in Mailchimp or the original document get easily mixed up. Most of these issues can be fixed if you go into the html view but who wants to do that when the purpose of the software is to help make things easier? There are a lot of limits on what you can achieve with the look of the emails you create using the set blocks Mailchimp provides. A simple option like lining up images next to text either on top, middle or bottom should be present but is not. There are ways around this by editing your images to force the look you want but that should not have to be. If you have more than one type of business, it is impossible to have some different social media accounts linked or different business info settings created for selection.

Virginia
Virginia
Communications Manager in US
Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

So easy a Chimp could do it!

Comments: Mailchimp is a wonderful email campaign platform. We are currently utilizing the free version, going on 5 years now, for our bimonthly newsletters and have never run into a single issue. As a marketer, my favorite thing about Mailchimp is the ability to share our newsletters and subscribe links via social media. You can also create pop-ups or static forms to embed on your website so that when people subscribe they are automatically added to your subscriber list.

Pros:

Mailchimp’s free plan allows you to have up to 2,000 subscribers and includes 12,000 emails you can send out, per month. For those new to Mailchimp, there are numerous preset templates you can choose from which you can further customize to your liking or create your own from scratch. Campaign templates can incorporate images, polls, embedded videos, call to actions, plain text, and custom HTML. Once you have created a template – with the specific look you are looking for – you can duplicate it and create your next campaign so you do not have to start from scratch. It’s likely you will encounter someone on your subscriber list who either resides or works for a company in the EU. Mailchimp has all the needed GDPR tools and regulations in place to make your campaign process as easy and stress free as possible to manage. Uploading new contacts to your subscriber list can be done in minutes (CSV files). You can also create multiple lists which you can further segment into more specific groups (in the case you may not want to send the campaign to the entire list of your choosing). Before sending off your campaign you can preview what it will look like to your recipients on desktop and mobile devices and check your links to make sure they work appropriately. Mailchimp also provides A/B testing and basic analytics, pertaining to each campaign you send out, to give you more insight into the campaign’s open rates and clicks.

Cons:

I have very few complaints about Mailchimp, but I do wish they could incorporate spell check into their system somehow to help expedite the editing process. Also keep in mind, if you choose to upgrade from the free plan into a paid plan, you can only downgrade back down to the free plan once. If you choose to make any changes to a campaign that has already been sent off, it will not update those campaigns, it will only show those updated changes to those you send the campaign to after saving those changes. Meaning if you find a mistake in a campaign you have recently sent out, know that there is no “undo” or fix.

Laura
President in US
Education Management, 11–50 Employees

An easy, professional way to reach your constituents!

Comments: My overall experience has been very pleasant. Many elements of this tool are intuitive, and you can self-teach many features of this communications tool given the help guidance available. Bravo. The campaigns are easy to create and are polished and professional looking. This has allowed our organization to raise its profile and effectiveness of our main tenant ~ to bring information to, and collect information from our constituents, our school district families, and to bridge this parent base and our school district administration. Good communication and transparency between parents and administrators is of utmost importance. Mailchimp has allowed us to do this most effectively.

Pros:

I like the ease and the use of the drag & drop functionality of the elements you can add to any campaign. I also like the formatting options and features to customize each of your messages to your own look and style. Also, being able to embed links, photos, etc. directly into the campaign is of vital importance for our communications. Managing the audience lists is also very user friendly. Tagging different audience members in group is also critical to our use of this communications tool.

Cons:

I wish that the uploaded files were easier to manage in that I would like to delete older versions of uploaded files that I no longer need. However, they are "layered" in the Content Manager section and I am not able to un-layer them to delete versions I do not need. I would also like to see the functionality of embedding a simply polling tool, to send and collect feedback from your constituents to constantly better your business.

ESTER
Marketing Manager in US
Automotive, 11–50 Employees

Great tool for email blasts, you will need some training

Comments: MailChimp has been a perfect solution to manage all our email communications with our subscribers and customers. Our team handles 3 different brands with 20 000+ subscribers and the customizable email templates, user-friendly interface lets us be very efficient and creative, it's fun!

Pros:

I have been using MailChimp 5+ years throughout multiple jobs. It is a great platform with a huge base of supporting articles and videos - which you will need once you have a few thousand subscribers. I am currently managing a 20 000+ subscriber base and at that level, MailChimp offers great categorization options. I can assign email addresses to different tags so it is very easy to create campaigns for targeted groups. Security is very important to us, MailChimp offers a two-step verification option when you log in to keep your account safe. The dashboard is very user friendly, you can see all your recent email campaigns, their status (draft, sent) the open and click-through rate right off the main dashboard. MailChimp offers great analytics too. If you have the tracking code set up and you are an e-commerce store, you can see how many orders you received from the email blast, the average order revenue, and total revenue. When you first sign up with MailChimp it will ask about your industry - make sure to fill it out with the right information because MailChimp offers campaign benchmarking too. You can see how your current campaign performed compared to your previous campaigns and your peers'. You can connect your social media channels to MailChimp and automatically post your email blast to your social channels, which can save a lot of time. Their search function is very smart, you can search for keywords throughout years and years of email blasts or subscribers.

Cons:

Although it is easy to import and export subscribers it would be nice to have a bulk edit option where you can assign email addresses to categories, tags etc. When I send a test email before the final release for my team to review, it often lands in the junk folder.

James
James
National Manager Information Systems in Australia
Nonprofit Organization Management, 201–500 Employees

Mailchimp has evolved with the changing demands of the sophisticated market but it is simple to use.

Comments: Mailchimp's flexibility and adaptability to many different user cases has allowed it to meet all of our core requirements.

Pros:

The best thing about Mailchimp is it is so easy to get started and communicating with your subscribers. There are simple and easy ways for subscribers to subscribe and unsubscribe. Mailchimp is so much more than just an outbound email tool. Email Templates allow quick professional communications to be created by your organisation on brand and at no additional cost. Powerful but easy to use functionality allows the end user to setup onboarding communication plans and execute automated communications to new subscribers. Multi email setup is easy to complete. Subscriber management also intelligiently scans your incoming subscribers to remove the ones that have trending behaviours with regards to unsubcribe and spam reporting. API integration is built in and connected to most common platforms. There there isn't a direct connection you can utilise online software integrations like Zapier to automate steps. This allows you to connect one system to another and transfer and share information and unsubscribes to your CRM for example.

Cons:

Mailchimp has increased its functionality and managed to keep these new features easy to use and adopt. I would say one con is that people don't use half of the available functionality to their advantage. They have tightened up their pricing and reduced the functionality for their lower/free tiers but I think this is more than fair. Make sure you choose the right payment plan, either monthly or pay as you go that matches your requirements.

Max
Managing Director in UK
Events Services, 2–10 Employees

Expensive But worth It

Comments: Mailchimp is amazing for people who want to tailer their mail-outs to the branding or image of their company, product, brand etc It's got some incredibly detailed functions that allow for a really cohesive end-product. As a mailer, its probably one of the best on the market in the UK, offers a free service up to 1000 subscribers (which is great for a brand new businesses & projects), and is really easy to use. However, for companies like the one I used to manage, we had a big budget but not big enough to justify the amount MailChimp were spending when compared to how much we were using it. The nature of our business is music events, and its one of those markets that people don't want to see your company in their emails every day. Which then of course leads to the issue of: Yes, we want a product like MailChimp that will allow us to make high-quality mailers, BUT,
No, we can't justify spending the amount they charge when we only use it once every 4 - 6 weeks.

Pros:

The softwares functionality - it's incredibly easy to use and the learning curve is very shallow. I can imagine people with no graphic design or artistic training (like myself) would be intimidated about creating a mailer that could be seen by thousands of people - but Mailchimp have created something that is really easy to use and really great.

Cons:

The software is very expensive for what it is. For a lot of people who hope to get their company, product, brand out to the masses - this software may quickly be out of their price range/budget. The price, in my opinion, is justified for how good the software is, but is definitely not accessible to those who only require or feel the need to send mailers once every so often to over 1000 subscribers.

Perfect For Beginners, Great E-Commerce Integration, Super Simple, Awesome Support

Pros:

If you ever thought about email marketing, there is hardly any chance you didn't hear about Mailchimp. It seems to be the go to solution for anybody just starting out with email marketing. What's great is that even in the completely free version you can send newsletters, send automated emails like order confirmations, abandoned cart reminders etc. with lots of integrations to existing e-commerce software. The interface is very simple to use and its built-in drag and drop editor is very flexible as well with lots of predefined elements to choose from. There is built in Google Analytics integration together with numerous other tools from Facebook to Pipedrive, so you can use your mailing list to create custom audiences on FB or sync them with your preferred CRM version to send mass mailings to your customers. What's also nice is the agency feature that allows you to manage multiple accounts under one roof. This is especially useful if you have customers with existing Mailchimp accounts that want to invite you to their existing account.

Cons:

MailChimp is fine and dandy if you're a beginner, but it's not the best choice for serious online marketers. There are lots of automation to choose from such as auto-responders, triggered e-mails if a specific action occurs, but the automation is completely independent of each other. Creating complex automation like "send this email to subscribers from this list, but only if they met criteria X and didn't receive email Y from 2 weeks ago already" is just impossible to implement. Apart from that, the automation that is possible to do can become quite confusing if you have lots of them. A visual representation in the form of a flowchart would be extremely helpful. Other email marketing software like Active Campaign does a much better job at this. Apart from that, the pricing is hard to grasp for a month? What if you're somewhere in between and need more features, but aren't able to make it.

Joseph Clogene
Joseph Clogene
CEO in Madagascar
Internet, 2–10 Employees

MailChimp: our favourite tool for creating professional emails".

Comments: Increase sales: Mailchimp allows you to send personalised emails to specific mailing lists, which can help increase conversion rates and sales.Improve customer retention: With email automation, you can send targeted messages at key moments in the customer experience, such as birthdays or subscription expiration dates, to improve customer retention.Save time: With pre-designed templates and automation features, Mailchimp can help save time in creating and sending emails, allowing you to focus on other aspects of the business.Increase brand awareness: By regularly sending quality emails to interested subscribers, you can increase your brand awareness and strengthen your positioning in the minds of your customers.Save money: Mailchimp offers pricing plans tailored to the needs of each business, saving money compared to more expensive email marketing solutions.

Pros:

Combining smooth design with powerful features, MailChimp allows users to create and send emails to their contact list with as few as a few clicks of the mouse. The advanced email marketing tool is easy for businesses to make the most of. It is easy to use, affordable and has an intuitive user interface. MailChimp also allows users to access advanced campaigns, including A/B testing, automations, detailed campaign performance reports, integrations with third-party tools and more.

Cons:

High cost: for large mailing lists, costs can be quite high, which can be a disadvantage for small businesses or non-profit organisations with limited budgets.

Peter John
Data entry in Philippines
Writing & Editing, Self Employed

My experience using Mailchimp

Comments: A few years ago, I began using Mailchimp for my wedding photography business. My colleague and I both found it to be user-friendly, allowing us to easily plan marketing campaigns, send client follow-up emails and newsletters. We appreciated that Mailchimp notified us if our emails were opened within a certain timeframe. Additionally, we were given the option to resend emails that were not opened. Now, I also use Mailchimp for my personal blog. It simplifies the process since I already have a list of subscribers and can easily add new ones as it grows.

Pros:

Wow, Mailchimp is seriously amazing! It's incredibly user-friendly and perfect for freelancers or those just starting out with their own business or community. I've experimented with other mailing software in the past, but Mailchimp definitely stands out with its abundance of options on the free and starter accounts. With Mailchimp, you can easily segment your audience, set up automation, and the templates for all kinds of mailing campaigns are an absolute game-changer! Sending newsletters has never been easier, and I love being able to track the reading and opening rates as well as growing my subscriber list. Mailchimp is definitely a must-have tool for anyone looking to take their email marketing to the next level!

Cons:

This platform is a breeze to navigate once you get the hang of it, even if it may take a bit of time to grasp the interface and functionality at first. While the mobile app may not have an abundance of features, it still serves as a superb mailing alternative.