15 years helping Israeli businesses

Malwarebytes for Business Reviews

4.7 (2,434) Write a Review!

About Malwarebytes for Business

Cloud-based suite of cybersecurity solutions that help businesses identify, analyze and remediate threats on a unified platform.

Learn more about Malwarebytes for Business

Pros:

The application integrates well with other programs.

Cons:

There is not yet full support for Android and iOS (mobile devices).

Malwarebytes for Business ratings

4.7
4.4
4.6
4.6

9.1/10

Malwarebytes for Business has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 2,434 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Malwarebytes for Business before?

Filter reviews (2,434)

Aaron
Aaron
Chief Operating Officer in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11–50 Employees

Your Quiet Partner in Cybersecurity

Comments: Scanning and cleaning for potential malware and other baddies is a breeze with Malwarebytes. When I first began using it years ago to clean viruses from PC's I was impressed by its ability to live up to its claims. Price has not increased measurably making it a great value for what the added peace of mind it offers. As an added perk, I enjoy the periodic e-newsletters the company puts out that provide additional insights on cybersecurity in general.

Pros:

Works efficiently behind the scenes. Scans do not seem to rob your PC of valuable system resources. Exceptional at spotlighting potential cybersecurity issues. Reliable. Automatically updates. The price is absolutely right - especially with a multi-year subscription.

Cons:

Occasionally mistakenly flags items from Gmail or Google - if quarantined or deleted while still in-use, your app will crash and you must reload.

E-Learning, 2–10 Employees

Cheap, Effective and Does The Job

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: If you are looking for a cheap, simple and good antivirus software for you business then this is it. I am very happy with how Malwarebytes have kept its antivirus simple.

Pros:

Very affordable and it has a robust suite of antivirus software.

Cons:

Some of the features can be buried in menus and it requires some patience to find the right settings.

Scott
Director of Technical Operations in US
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Great overall protection but too many sacrifices

Pros:

There's no doubt that MalwareBytes AntiMalware has been one of the best solutions for removing and preventing malware and spyware on computers. I've been using them for years as a PC Technician, and their utilities have always been a staple in my technician toolbox (flash drive) to repair systems and keep them healthy. The current version of the program, version 3, is much easier to use than ever before and has tons of great features and abilities - and of course, it removes and prevents all kinds of malware just as it always has.

Cons:

I was a HUGE fine of prior versions of this software, but the newer version 3 has seen my faith shaken. While the program is still great at removing malware, the realtime aspect of the program is plagued by performance issues. Even using the program in freeware mode without the realtime scanner active, it was still commonplace for me to see active memory usage exceed 500MB routinely. When using the realtime scanner aspect of the premium version, usage would hover around 200MB for a while but eventually, it would balloon out of control to the point where it would consistently use over 700MB at a time until you closed it or rebooted, which would restart the cycle. I found the only way to stop this was to basically shut it down entirely and disable the services, using it as an on-demand scanner only. Because of this, I have stopped recommending it. Simply put - the program is GREAT at detecting and removing threats, however, it has become a resource hog to the point where the system becomes crippled when running the premium version.

Daniel
Director in South Africa
Computer & Network Security, 2–10 Employees

Malwarebytes is an Excellent Tool for Business

Comments: Very good. I highly recommend Malwarebytes over most of the other programs and I use it daily for safety and security.

Pros:

The Application is easy to install and detect vulnerabilities that other software did not find. It does not have a huge overhead on the machine

Cons:

The yearly costs are a bit high. The product is expensive on a yealry basis

Fabruzio
Technician in Italy
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

A complete solution for you security

4.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: Years ago I used Malwarebytes for scanning my computer searching for threats my antivirus did not find and it was great. So i decided to switch to Malwarebytes for Business for more security

Pros:

In These days we often read about ransonmware attacks and it's really important to be of course aware of what could harm your systems but also have a security solution that acts as antivirus but also as antimalware. Malwarebytes for Business has both features, protecting my computers from any threat and attack (exploits, ransomwares...). I highly recommend Malwarebytes, it is easy to install and set, you will be fully protected.

Cons:

Sometimes the computer seems a bit slow, especially during scans but I think this behaviour is common among all security programs.

Brendan
Sales in US
Retail, 11–50 Employees

Simple Way to Stop Phishing and to Clean Files

5.0 last month New

Pros:

Malwarebytes has prevented some potentially bad things from happening. It is a simple software you can leave alone and it does most of the work for you. It is a first line of defense that makes you question "do I really need to visit this site?" It does the trick and prevents a lot of phishing from occurring.

Cons:

We download a lot of assets and data from several dozen vendors. There are some vendors that use trackers, and Malwarebytes dings webpages that we need to get to. It's just one extra step to get through, but it happens often enough to where it can be a nuisance.

Penny
Penny
Owner Housekeeper in US
Consumer Services, Self Employed

Malwarebytes for Business

4.0 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

Its very easy to set up and use. It works does what it is supposed to do plus it doesn't slow down your computer runs smoothly in the background. I've ran the original version it on my computers and especially my mobiles to get rid of Adware. I would recommend it to anyone wether you have a business or not, cause there is the regular version, it is a great app for safety and security alongside an antivirus app

Cons:

I guess the only thing would be that its price be just a little cheaper it actually is worth paying for the extra piece of mind of your business being cyber secured. The free version is great to for either version of Malwarebytes they also offer an array of other great apps to choose from

Nerissa
BDE in India
Accounting Software, 51–200 Employees

Convenient to Use

5.0 last week New

Pros:

Its very easy to use and 100% in full secured network

Cons:

NA

Madelaine
Academic Coach in Canada
Education Management, Self Employed

Great program

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Really easy to use, runs in the background and was recommended by several colleagues

Cons:

Can't really think of anything to be honest!

Protecting Small Businesses with Efficient and Easy-to-Use Security

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Pros:

Malwarebytes for Business has provided robust protection against malware and other cyber threats without slowing down my computer. The software is easy to install and manage, and the real-time scanning feature gives me peace of mind knowing that my business data is secure. With its cost-effective pricing and excellent customer support, I'd recommend Malwarebytes to any small business owner looking for reliable security solutions.

Cons:

Malwarebytes' customer support can be slow at times; rely on community forums for quicker assistance.

bradley
worship production specialist in US
Broadcast Media, 11–50 Employees

Malwarebytes is a must have program for any compute!

Comments: it has been absolutely amazing and I would not recommend any other product

Pros:

I just works, I have been using this product for many years and not one time have we had any issues with malware or ransomware. The proof is in the results. I have tried other anti-virus programs that offer malware protection but Malwarebytes just does it best.

Cons:

I wish it would run the scan automatically with having the free version, but I guess you pay for convenience.

Julianna
Mental Health Care, 2–10 Employees

Meets My Needs!

Comments: Overall my experience with Malwarebytes has been incredibly positive. I often find myself recommending this program to others who struggle with computer security or to those who have hidden malware issues. Malwarebytes helps to keep my personal and business information protected which is incredibly powerful in the world of modern technology.

Pros:

Malwarebytes is a fantastic program that has taught me a lot about the dangers of unprotected information online. This program is free but offers paid features. The program is fast, accurate, and does a deep search into files and registries. Items are found that imbed themselves deep into files that users don't know even exist. Malwarebytes has protected my information in more ways than I realized.

Cons:

Malwarebytes sometimes forgets to automatically display the results of the scan. Because of this I often forget to go back and check on the items that are quarantined.

Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Malware bytes from ITpoint of view

Comments: Malware bytes is a software I know I can count on. When I see results when the scan is finish I do not have to question weather this is legit or not. In my job I have to use only software I can depend on. Malware bytes is that software. Plus the price is great too.

Pros:

I love that is does not constantly have popups all the time. The pop ups it does have are when it needs your attention. Not just annoying pop ups.

Cons:

The latest update with the new gui interface and that on install now it requires you to go through a activation process. Before it would install fully and then you can choose to add the pay features and so on. It was easier that way and no I feel like why do I have to go through all these new steps on install.

Lindsay
Owner in Canada
Computer Software, Self Employed

Unintrusive powerful software to secure your computer

Comments: Always up to date to remove the latest intrusions. Honor their lifetime update policy. Easy to use and very reliable. No overheads with performance issues when installed. A must product in all computers.

Pros:

I bought the full version of Malwarebytes years ago and It has protected me in every way. As a computer consultant to many small companies and individuals, I install Malwarebytes in every computer I work on. The free version does everything except give you real time protection. When somone calls about ransomware or other threatening intrusions, I simply say start Malwarebytes, let it update and scan. That's it the problem is gone.

Cons:

I bought mine when one small payment gave me a lifetime update version. It is still recognized years later. The one apsect that disappointing is their change over to a yearly subscription but then business is business. For critical users, I get them to subscibe.

Greg
Greg
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

Best Cybersecurity Program for your Device

Comments: I've been using malwarebytes since the early days of it's release as a consumer then as I transitioned into a business owner I offer it to all my customers just because it's that good and I don't offer anything that I don't use and trust myself. My experience with MWB the software and the MWB support team has always been well above expectations. fyi i'm neither paid by or work for mwb

Pros:

it's easy on your device performance wise most security programs have a lot of useless processes or unneeded process that just slow a device down malwarebytes does just what it needs to do and does it efficiently.

Cons:

there is not much not to like about this software honestly I mean it's had some problems over time and it'll have some bad updates here and there but the team at MWB once notified of a problem gets right on it and fixes it as soon as possible so yea that's about it but that's a normal thing for any software to have glitches but it's how the company responds which is important.

ma
technical support engineer in India
Information Technology & Services, 51–200 Employees

am a techie and i used almost every tool in my regular job to my existing customers,

Comments: Am very much impressed with this software as myself being a techie I know we need software that can run up to our expectations I personally give 5 stars to this software.

Pros:

I found this malware byte most accurate and most important it removed the preinstalled software which actually stuck in your pc and sat for a very long time and slowing down your pc.This is one of the best software with high accuracy and with less space. I personally recommended this use for a slow pc and threat deduction.

Cons:

For business, it's very useful kinda easy to use and it takes less space and is easy to install, and will not give you much trouble it will run on its own.

New
New
Owner/Admin in US
Retail, 2–10 Employees

Malwarebytes: Easy fixes

Comments: My experience with Malwarebytes has been exceptional. It's my go-to program for keeping everything safe on computers. I have been a fan of it for years.

Pros:

I love how Malwarebytes works in the background unintrusively. It has so many features and offers so much security. In a time where new malware is showing up what feels like daily, It makes me feel like my work which can be sensitive is secure. I love the web protection feature, and also scheduling scans after we all finish for the day so no one will be in the way. It's also a great value for all that it does.

Cons:

I used the free version for a while. I later switched to the paid version which was a great value and had some features I really use.

Brian
Designer in Singapore
Graphic Design Software, Self Employed

Malwarebytes Premium is well worth the money invested!

Comments: Hmm...Malwarebytes Premium is a joy and pain to use sometimes, depending how you look at it. Well, there is fuller assurance in having my computers almost fully protected. However, it can also be tricky to handle, especially when it comes to having MB residing hand-in-hand together with the rest of the users' software in the same computer. One certainly must know how to use it to its fullest potential and advantage in order to really enjoy the usefulness of a malware and Trojan killer such as Malwarebytes. But it is money well spent, in my opinion.

Pros:

Very effective to use, simple interface and easy software to use! Install it and well-assured of protection against harmful viruses and persistent Trojans. It adds another extra layer of protection over the default Windows Defender virus software. Malwarebytes can quickly scan through my PC and laptop for virus treats and quarantine immediately without me having to worry about my files getting infected. The speed at which MB scans is quick enough without having to leave it run in the background. And that's to me is efficient and fast! In addition, it is able to block websites during my online surfing to warn me of potential sites that potentially contain malware or ransomware. You can buy a licence and add up to 10 devices, including Windows and Mac. One can also purchase separately MB licenses for Android and iOS via Google Play Store and Apple App Store respectively. Indeed, this software is a great time saver!

Cons:

When such software has gotten much control over our computers, sometimes it can be very intrusive. At some point when I am surfing the web, almost all sites can potentially be blocked by Malwarebytes so much every time I clicked on a link. And that can be very annoying and destroy the joy of a user's experience of surfing the web. Even legal proper sites can be blocked! In that case, I have to manually set exclusions in the software settings to prevent MB from "accidentally" blocking certain sites. Even some software such as ServerPress can get "interfered" from working properly. I certainly did not suspect that until I start to troubleshoot further. Not to mention that MB can be costly to maintain on a yearly subscription basis after having enjoyed the initial discount on the 1st time purchase.

Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

Malwarebytes is a good security tool

Comments: Malwarebytes is a very good solution and something that I would recommend. It is easy to use and not expensive so if you don't end up liking it, it wasn't a major waste of money.

Pros:

Malwarebytes is very price competitive so it will fit in any budget. You won't have to worry breaking the bank when moving to their solution. I also really like Malwarebytes support team. Whenever you have an open ticket, you get to talk to an actual person and you will get the help you need. I also really like the customizable dashboards you can get created. This isn't a cookie cutter solution, you can pick and choose what you want to see and do.

Cons:

Malwarebytes is more tech oriented. If you are not familiar with a lot of IT lingo, you need to get used to it because Malwarebytes doesn't explain everything it does in plain simple English. It doesn't have the exact same features as some of its competitors. While it is cheaper, you do get what you pay for as there are security parameters and features that do not come in the basic and standard options.

mee
ceo in US
Apparel & Fashion, Self Employed

Excellent Protection and Peace of Mind for My Business

Comments: As a small business owner, I cannot stress enough how crucial it is to have reliable cybersecurity measures in place. After extensive research and recommendations from fellow entrepreneurs, I decided to invest in Malwarebytes for Business, and I couldn't be happier with my decision.First and foremost, the level of protection provided by Malwarebytes is exceptional. It effectively detects and eliminates malware, ransomware, and other malicious threats that could compromise the security of my business's sensitive data. With its proactive approach and real-time scanning, I feel confident that my systems are well-guarded against both known and emerging threats.The user interface of Malwarebytes for Business is intuitive and user-friendly. Setting up the software was a breeze, thanks to its straightforward installation process. The dashboard provides comprehensive insights and allows me to monitor the security status of all my devices from a centralized location. I particularly appreciate the customizable scanning options, which allow me to schedule regular scans at convenient times without interrupting my employees' workflow.One of the standout features of Malwarebytes for Business is its low resource consumption. Unlike some other security solutions I've tried in the past, this software runs seamlessly in the background without slowing down my computers or causing any performance issues. This is especially crucial for small businesses like mine, where every minute

Pros:

Malwarebytes for Business offers a range of impressive benefits for businesses seeking top-notch cybersecurity protection. Its key strengths include advanced malware detection and removal capabilities, real-time scanning to safeguard against emerging threats, and a user-friendly interface that simplifies setup and management. The software's low resource consumption ensures optimal system performance, while customizable scanning options allow for convenient scheduling. Additionally, Malwarebytes provides excellent customer support, ensuring prompt assistance whenever needed. Overall, the pros of Malwarebytes for Business lie in its robust protection, ease of use, efficiency, and reliable support, making it a valuable asset for businesses in safeguarding their sensitive data and systems.

Cons:

While Malwarebytes for Business has numerous strengths, it's important to consider a few potential cons as well. One notable drawback is that the software may occasionally generate false positives, flagging legitimate files or applications as malicious. This can lead to unnecessary disruptions and time spent investigating false alarms. Additionally, some users have reported that the software's updates can be resource-intensive, temporarily impacting system performance during the update process. Finally, while Malwarebytes for Business provides solid protection against malware, it may not offer the same level of comprehensive security features as some all-in-one cybersecurity solutions. Despite these limitations, the overall effectiveness and reliability of Malwarebytes make it a valuable choice for businesses seeking focused malware protection.

GERALD
Writer in Canada
Entertainment, Self Employed

Very expensive. Not sure how good it is at finding malware

Comments: Because it never seems to find and quarantine Malware I honestly don't know if it's doing its job or how effective it is.

Pros:

Product is fairly easy to use unless you have a problem. I generally let it run in background and do it's thing.

Cons:

I really doubt Malwarebytes' effectiveness in finding malware. In the past two years it has not found one piece of malware, though there definitely has been malware in my system. For instance my Google Search default search engine regularly gets hijacked by Yahoo Search. I have to manually go into Google settings, delete Yahoo, and put Google back as my default. And within a months or two the same thing happens and Yahoo again hijacks my system. Clearly there is malware in my system, the kind of thing that Malwarebytes advertises itself as catching. But it never does. I contacted customer support twice about this infuriating issue and never received a reply. I find Malwarebytes advertising confusing and possibly deceptive. The company states it finds viruses and other forms of malware, but many reputable tech sites say definitively that Malwarebytes is not a virus checker and one should use a separate virus checker. I use Windows Defender. However Malwarebytes makes you jump through a bit of a hoop to enable a separate virus checker. I find Premium quite expensive, about 70.00 Canadian per year. Fortunately I was grandfathered in on the original premium for life. Otherwise I would drop it. Many virus programs do this but Malwarebytes has conflicted with other programs. It can drive you a bit batty trying to find the conflict.

Eoin
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

Great tool in a multi-tiered approach to desktop security

Comments: Our small business and family has been using Malwarebytes premium since 2015. If you look at the cost vs the potential "work" hours lost or potential for "ransomeware" attack. We use Malwarebytes as part of a 4 tiered approach: 1. Data backup to multiple locations. 2. Strong AV software, 3 Strong Antimalware software, 4. Regular desktop/laptop Hard disc imaging.
I highly recommend some level of protection and Malwarebytes check all my boxes. As the "Help Desk" for my family, I have purchased licenses to protect them as well.

Pros:

Very easy to install and setup. System runs in the background, does backup scans and on-demand scans of downloads. Has strong anti-ransomeware capabilities. Created by a company with decades in the industry. Group licenses make the software more affordable.

Cons:

When there are sites we want to "white list", you can't do it from the warning popup, but instead go into the program and search for the whitelist settings. I'd love to see a "Whitelist for 10 minutes option". We tend to get "false positives" on sites with expired SSL certs.

Business Owner/Computer Technician in Brazil
Computer Software, Self Employed

My secret weapon....

Comments: My overall experience with Malwarebytes has been most excellent. I have constantly recommended it to family, friends and customers over the years.

Pros:

I had a small computer business for about 5 years. I had customers constantly bringing me laptops and desktops that were full of malware and viruses. Sometimes it was almost impossible to navigate because there was so much malware controlling the operating system and the browsers. I would always find a way to install Malwarebytes on my customer's computer and update the definitions (when possible). Then I would run this outstanding software and let it do what it does best.....quickly and easily find and remove even the toughest and nastiest malware, no matter how deeply it was embedded. When Malwarebytes was done scanning, it would show all the instances of malware and red. I would simply select all malware and press remove! Done!! I would reboot the system and I was then able to freely navigate and inspect the computer for any more potentially hazardous software or security breaches. Malwarebytes was my go-to software for removing malicious malware and viruses from my customers computers. They thought I was a genius!! By the time I was done, their computers were running pristine once again. I have not been in the computer business for several years now, but whenever a friend or family member has "issues" with your notebooks, you can guess what I install first thing. Malwarebytes rocks!! Also, the premium version is fairly priced for what this software does for you. -John Lawrence, Canada

Cons:

Sometimes it did take more than 30 minutes to fully scan the computer. However, this was usually because there was an enormous amount of files to be scanned or it was a slower PC.

Martin
Martin
IT Technician in Kenya
Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

Effective and highly recommended protection

Comments: its is effective in detecting malicious data and providing protection against malware attacks, data loss and network breach

Pros:

simple user interface, friendly customer support, easy to use and implement

Cons:

takes time to scan for any malicious threats inside a computer and network

Temple
Co-Owner in US
Automotive, 2–10 Employees

Industries Best

Comments: Its always been simple and easy to manage.

Pros:

Simple Interface with complicated protection

Cons:

There really are no downfalls to this program.