System Mechanic Ultimate Defense Reviews

About System Mechanic Ultimate Defense

PC antivirus software.

Learn more about System Mechanic Ultimate Defense

Pros:

It was very easy to use. It also would give me notifications.

Cons:

My system has been struggling to install software updates for the operating system.

System Mechanic Ultimate Defense ratings

4.7

9.1/10

System Mechanic Ultimate Defense has an overall rating of 4.8 out 5 stars based on 62 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used System Mechanic Ultimate Defense before?

Barrister in UK
Legal Services, 2-10 Employees

Indispensable software

5 9 months ago

Comments: I have been able to save time when my computer started running slow and was lagging. I am also confident that System Mechanic supplements my antivrus program through its malware add on and privacy guardian.

Pros:

I like the fact that this program helps to claw back memory and speed when your system is stretched. Fr many years I was able to keep the same computer when the OS and software kept changing and putting great demands on my hardware. System Mechanic would just get to work and sort out all these difficulties that I could not see and give new life to my old computer.

Cons:

The only thing I can thing of is a facility to encrypt the hard drive by either supporting bitlocker in the Pro version of WIndows 10 or allowing similar encryption with Windows 10 Home.

Gregory K.
President in US
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 2-10 Employees

A comprehensive software that keeps my computers running

5 9 months ago

Comments: See my comments in the box "Pros"

Pros:

Contains all basic security SW tools, and computer maintenance tools, which are very intuitive and easy to use. If I said that the SW keeps my computer in top shape all the time it wouldn't be true, but it maintains the health of my computer in a pretty good shape for a long time. After a while, I notice some issues, which I cannot solve by myself using System Mechanics. At this point, I am calling Iolo Premium Support, and after, on average 30 - 40 min session with US Tech Support, my computer starts working as a newborn. I can recommend this service to anybody. Money well spent. Although technicians usually are not from the United States almost all of them are speaking very good English. I have no problem to undrstand them. I love it.

Cons:

I wrote that I had no complaints, but you thought it was too short, so OK - I wish the software was capable to maintain the perfect health of my computer without the involvement of a technician, but even without such an advanced feature I think that what I have is a great service.

Brett A.
Restaurants, 2-10 Employees

Good Software

3 2 months ago New

Pros:

Reasonably priced, seemed to work ok for a while then didn't seem to do very well after that.

Cons:

Never really met my expectations on fixing anything.

Audie L.
Retail, 2-10 Employees

Useful Tools

5 8 months ago

Pros:

What I like about this software is the many useful tools available to clean up a drive of viruses, optimizing the hard drive, boosting speed, repair registry, password safety, and cleaning up system clutter to name a few. You can easily access the tools both automated and individual. iolo Labs keeps the definitions updated and relevant to the end users needs. I know I like it and have been a subscriber since 2009.

Cons:

The password management tool ByePass has always been a mystery for me. I have tried to use it but I don't have the experience to use it. If that makes sense. It baffles me. Therefore I don't even try to use it even though I'm sure it is good because it is part of System Mechanic. They always put out quality software.

Mark L.
Co-Founder in US
Public Safety, 10,000+ Employees

Outstanding Support

5 9 months ago

Comments: Very happy

Pros:

Once you reach the right technical support level, they will be able to resolve issues.

Cons:

Took a couple of calls to reach the right person.

Mike M.
President in US
Wholesale, 2-10 Employees

Iolo System Mechanic

5 9 months ago

Comments: have been a user for many years and am very satisfied

Pros:

Easy of use. Effective. Lots of features.

Cons:

I actually cannot think of anything negative about the software

Adil A.
MD in Saudi Arabia

Best system maintainer, best described as : System Mechanic

5 9 months ago

Comments: Am using System Mechanic since 1998, and it keeps on evolving, I've used a lot of other options, but I found that I can trust only system mechanic.

Pros:

- Easy to use - Goes through all MS Windows sophisticated Junks, broken links, registry issues, memory issues, network issues, and solves it with a single click. - Not heavy on the system - Obeying application and doesn't keep bothering you while working with pop ups and other stuff - As devices and systems differs, some PCs would face issues after using System Mechanic, however the program has a recovery option to return things as it was before using the system.

Cons:

- none. - none. - none. - none. - none. -none.

Ron W.
Music, 2-10 Employees

It works

5 8 months ago

Pros:

system mechanic helps to pinpoint system issues

Cons:

Pop up ads are annoying and appear too often

Bill U.
RIA in US
Financial Services Software, Self Employed

System Mechanic Ultimate Defender

5 8 months ago

Comments: Any time I've had an issue (only a couple of times) I call service and they take care of the issue. It's a great value and it can be applied to other household devices also.

Pros:

It works in the background anytime I turn on my computer

Cons:

I'm not extremely computer savvy and I wanted a simple effective method for protecting my computer and making it perform to its max capacity and SMUD does that

Rakesh G.
Admin in US
Medical Practice, 2-10 Employees

Review of System Mechanics

5 9 months ago

Comments: Keep computer safe, away from viruses, malware

Pros:

Easy to use, operate, download, relatively inexpensive, can download the software in multiple computers I saw the improvements in System Mechanics over the years, continue to improve

Cons:

Scan takes more time compared to other common antivirus program

Richard R.
Structural Engineer in United Arab Emirates
Civil Engineering, 2-10 Employees

Experiencing the advanced technology of System Mechanic

4 9 months ago

Comments: Utility tools is superb ,but i dont know what happen why i cant on the real time protection and demand boost

Pros:

Advanced Technology and Utility tools with protection

Cons:

I encounter problem with my Loptop when i installed the product , i cant enable the real time protection and on demand boost , please help me

Clive A.
Retired Accountant FD in UK
Computer Software, Self Employed

Home PC Security

5 9 months ago

Comments: Basically good over many years.

Pros:

Easy to use. Good value for money. System GUI is good.

Cons:

Updating S/W has been ok till now when it refused to update v21.3 to 21.5. I had to call Iolo Support with the technician dialling it remotely to uninstall old and reinstall the new s/w. Now works ok,

Robert P.
owner in US
Real Estate, Self Employed

Really Feel like techs care

5 9 months ago

Comments: When I encountered the issues that I was unable to repair (not able to access the site I wanted and my computer freezing after a half-hour of use or so) I contacted the System Mechanic help service. I connected with a very delightful young woman who was very able and willing to help. While the freezing issue wasn't resolved on the 1st contact, I immediately called back and reported it and set up another appointment for the next day. All told, the tech spent over 3 hours working on solving the problem and was very patient with this old, not computer knowledgeable old man. Considering the very nominal cost for the System Mechanic product, this one repair has way more than paid for itself... would recommend it to anyone.

Pros:

It's a very simple process to keep your device running smoothly and fast. A simple download and then pretty much a series of clicks

Cons:

After I downloaded the software, I was not able to access a site that I use every day... kept getting an error message to try again later, that the site was unavailable. It was not an issue I could fix myself.

Lawrence e Q.
Lawrence E Queen, Esq. in US
Law Practice, Self Employed

Happy user since 1985!

5 9 months ago

Comments: Call in Speed & Security

Pros:

A great program to speed up & protect my computer. Great at fixing attempted FRAUDS against me!

Cons:

I preferred my original service in 1985. New owners are still great!

Jim F.
Associate in US
Graphic Design Software, Self Employed

For Home Office use

5 9 months ago

Pros:

It provides antivirus protection, along with tune-up tools & several other security tools

Cons:

It seems to have fewer of the tools that i used to use in earlier versions, although it is possible that i just have not found all of them, yet.

William K.
N/A in US
Writing & Editing, Self Employed

Review

4 9 months ago

Pros:

It seems to work. Analyzes system fairly quickly. Does regular updates.

Cons:

It keeps prompting me to extend subsciption even after it is newly installed. It is annoying that I had to complete this review just to uninstall the product.

Gary C.
none in US
Computer & Network Security, Self Employed

great product

5 8 months ago

Pros:

Only software I trust fixing the Registry. Been using it over 10 years!

Cons:

I would have like a few more features right on the start icon. Yes its simpler now, but you have to open up everything to get to choice tasks.

Mary beth M.
Photographer in US
Photography, Self Employed

Troubleshooting Blocked Website

5 9 months ago

Comments: I get a comfortable feeling that all pc functions and capabilities are considered and covered.

Pros:

It is full featured and includes a vast array of pc functions.

Cons:

The amount of features can be a bit overwhelming...

Bob M.
consultant in US
Chemicals, 2-10 Employees

The software helps protect my computers for total security and keeps my computers running at maximum

Comments: .

Pros:

System Mechanic is easy to download, offers excellent USA tech support, plus it is very easy to use daily.

Cons:

I had no issues using with existing apps or software programs.

Alberto T.
owner in US
Individual & Family Services, Self Employed

easy

5 8 months ago

Comments: was good until it wasent

Pros:

easy to use, untill it did not work by removing 3 trojan infections

Cons:

did not removed 3 trojans viruses "W64/Trojan2.QYBK" W32/Trojan.UPML"

Dennis C.
retired in US
Computer & Network Security, Self Employed

I've used System Mechanic for over 10 years

4 9 months ago

Pros:

The product manages my computer performance

Cons:

When my computer hangs I want to know what process or program is causing it to hang so that it can be addressed.

Les M.
Ret in US
Military, 10,000+ Employees

It' a pain to use it. Constant emails to by more products

5 9 months ago

Comments: It' a pain to use it.

Pros:

It seems to do its job. But it's still a pain and getting worse.

Cons:

Constant emails to by more products. Now it won't accept my answers.

Daniel D.
Member in US
Accounting Software, 2-10 Employees

Upgrading

4 8 months ago

Comments: Very good

Pros:

Easy to use. Seemed to make the computer function.

Cons:

None. I liked it just fine except for having to complete this stupid survey.

Bobby F.
Unit Manager in US
Government Relations, Self Employed

Bobby's Review

5 9 months ago

Pros:

The ease of use makes it a great product for anyone in the family

Cons:

Nothing There is no cons to report that I am aware of but thanks anyway for asking.

Dexter M.
YouTube Creator, and Publisher in US

In this Day & Age Having My Computer is a Must!

5 9 months ago

Comments: Simply one of the Best Computer Repairers online!

Pros:

My Computer staff and Customer Service is Outstanding. When you have computer problems My Computer is always there to ease the stress. They will diagnose your problem with their crack-pot tech staff.

Cons:

Non, that I have. Reliable and dependable Always!