15 years helping Israeli businesses

About Apptivo

A powerful online CRM system to manage sales & marketing activities for your business. Integrated, highly configurable, easy to use.

Learn more about Apptivo

Pros:

A impressive level of integration into other platforms and customization.

Cons:

Some features are missing (Round Robin algorithm, duplication filter, etc).

Apptivo ratings

4.2
4.7
4.3
4.7

8.5/10

Apptivo has an overall rating of 4.4 out 5 stars based on 711 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Apptivo before?

Linda
Linda
Owner in Ireland
Professional Training & Coaching, Self Employed

Perfect for my needs as solopreneur

Pros:

I value tools that are not just efficient but also adaptable. Apptivo CRM has truly impressed me in this regard. As a solopreneur, I understand the need for a CRM that seamlessly integrates with various apps and platforms. Apptivo shines in this aspect. Its integration capabilities allow me to create a tailored tech ecosystem that perfectly suits my unique requirements. One of the key selling points is its ease of use. Just like I advocate for simplicity in coaching and leadership, Apptivo offers an intuitive interface that saves time and ensures a smooth user experience. It's a valuable asset for any solopreneur. What's more, Apptivo effortlessly syncs with the Google product suite, which is a tremendous advantage for someone like me with deep roots in the tech world. It's like a seamless extension of my experience at Google, making my CRM journey that much smoother.The integration with Stripe is a game-changer for managing payments and finances. It's the perfect addition for a solopreneur, allowing me to maintain financial control just as I help sales leaders implement impactful plans and strategies.The customer service is amazing. They respond to chat inquiries immediately.

Cons:

Without some understanding of how CRMs work - like objects and APIs - I would imagine that a newbie facing some challenges and needing assistance from customer support.

Design, Self Employed

Apptivo for 1-man business

Comments: Very helpful in staying on top of follow-up activities.

Pros:

Combination of affordability and functions

Cons:

There are some auto-fill features that would help avoid duplicate data entry: i.e. business address for multiple employees/contacts.

Sean
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

Decided to switch to something else

Comments: Their software is decent, but they really seem to loathe their Starter Plan customers. The way they hack out features that they don't want available is sloppy, and makes it necessary to come up with ways to work around their intentional stumbling blocks. Apptivo - If you don't want to offer a free product, don't. I got the hint, and I'm setting up PayPal Invoicing tonight.

Pros:

I've been using their "Starter Plan" since 2012. It is good enough to get by, and it is free. I mostly use the invoicing module.

Cons:

Certain settings in the starter plan don't make sense. For example, the e-mail template includes a link to paying online, but online payments aren't supported in the starter plan. Modifying the e-mail template to take that link out is also not supported in the starter plan. I could deal with all that, but now, after a year of using the recurring invoices feature, they suddenly stop working. The tech support person says I have to upgrade my plan to use that. But the settings pages all work, and my invoices are all just sitting there waiting.

5 years ago

Hello Sean, Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review! We're glad that you enjoyed using Apptivo as a customer for many years. The Starter Plan is generally very limited compared to the other plans. We also upgraded versions since you first created an account with us. This might have caused some unexpected changes. I apologize for the inconvenience caused and will take your feedback to the appropriate teams to help improve our user experience. Thank you again for your feedback! Team Apptivo

Masud
Human Resource Manager in US
Information Technology & Services, 51–200 Employees

An Amazing CRM Solution For Business

Pros:

I like the ticket management features and that the software comes with amazing online CRM capabilities It makes lead management easy and also comes with account management features too It is a great help desk solution and makes customer success easy

Cons:

With Apptivo, there has been a smooth transition and no problems.

Veronica
Consultant in Canada
Education Management, 11–50 Employees

Excellent first CRM for small companies

Pros:

Apptivo allows for a broad range of customization possibilities, making it an excellent out-of-the box option for companies transitioning to a first CRM system. While other competitors may have sleeker design, the consistency of page layouts and button placement was a huge plus for our inter-generational team and made it easier to manage the transition to an online software after years of working with excel and google docs. The settings interface within each app makes it very easy to learn how to customize basic field, views, and list options - meaning that smaller companies can look to train someone from within to work alongside Apptivo, instead of needing to hire an external administrator. The Apptivo team is always HIGHLY responsive. From the initial demonstration walk throughs to fine tuning system design and troubleshooting problems, I have found their customer service to be excellent. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] and to all the others working behind the scenes to help us at the different stages of our projects, THANK YOU! Most of all, I appreciate that Apptivo continues to improve on their product. Throughout the nearly 3 years I have worked with them, the system has developed to continously offer more features.

Cons:

As with any option in this price category, there are occasional bugs. Reporting them to Apptivo generally results in a very quick fix. Slow load times - it has improved somewhat, but still pages sometimes lag.

CIO in US
Security & Investigations, 11–50 Employees

General

Comments: Slow. Very pleased with how things work, but it took a little while to get used to the interface. Now that we have been using it for 3 months or so, it has everything we need all in one place.

Pros:

The variety of features that cover Sales to Finance. The value of the apps that are offered fits perfectly into our organization.

Cons:

It's sometimes hard to find things. I think this will diminish as I use the product more. The biggest frustration is the integration with other products especially O365. I think I have the email down, but calendar is harder than it should be. Using OneDrive only connects to my personal account and I would like to be able to connect it to our O365 sharepoint folders instead.

5 years ago

Hello Michael, Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review! Our team is thrilled that you're happy with the value the apps bring to your company. We will collect this feedback on getting familiarized with Apptivo and notify our teams accordingly to improve the process. Thank you, again! Team Apptivo

Sal
CEO in US
Entertainment, 2–10 Employees

City Connection Entertainment

Comments: After seven years of using this program, I couldn't do what we do without it.

Pros:

This program with all its functionalities helps to manage my company.

Cons:

Have to be patient to set it up, but apptivo support is there to help.

Sunil
Sunil
Manager in US
Consumer Goods, Self Employed

Decent Suite of Productivity Apps

Comments: I would give this 4 out of 5. I love the fact that it is offered for FREE for up to 3 users so great for small start up companies. There are tons of apps you can add and customize per your needs.

Pros:

One stop shop for many productivity apps such as supply chain, CRM, HR, Accounting etc. Customer service are always available via chat and very helpful. They will even do screen share and troubleshoot the issues.

Cons:

Some of the templates such as purchase order, packing slip are hard to customize. Some of the fields do not display consistently.

Oran
CEO in US
Military, 2–10 Employees

Customer support

Comments: Good

Pros:

valuable services to include many things that I need to run my business

Cons:

Some good reps that speak good English, some reps need to better understand English

Walter
Director of Sales in US
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Very impressed with Apptivo CRM.

Pros:

I used quite a bit of CRM. But, with Apptivo based on your needs, you can customize it to tailor your company functionalities.

Cons:

So, far the only thing I would do is when you are in the "Leads" or "Contacts" list if there was a next button to move on the next lead or contact. But, other than that it is great!

Shannon
Office Manager in US
Maritime, 11–50 Employees

Learning and loving

Comments: The more I learn, the more I love it!

Pros:

I love the automation and how easy it is to communicate with our customers and internal team.

Cons:

I'm still learning, and although all companies vary in their work flows, I would love to see a more of a road map, as to how apps should relate to one another. Being able to convert an estimate into a quote from the click of a button is great, and the notifications of "who's up next" is great. I guess I just need more time to figure it all out on our end. I know the potential is there, it's a very intuitive product.

Marisa
Manager of Operations in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11–50 Employees

SDFRA Review of Apptivo

Comments: The overall experience has been great! By building this project with the Apptivo team, we were able to update our claims system and member database system, which was 12 years old. We can now run reports, track membership dues, grants provided to the members, communicate, document, run checks, etc. This system is very robust, and that is what we asked of the Apptivo team. We are still working on the project and just launched our "go-live" in-house and are very happy with it so far.

Pros:

The most impactful feature of the Apptivo app is the administration and membership portal access. We have approximately 1,300 that will be utilizing this application. The membership side product is very straightforward; thank you to the Apptivo team for allowing our team to provide our feedback and fix any issues quickly for us to test. The integration of the new system was very smooth and almost seamless during the transition.

Cons:

Our system was custom built to meet our needs. We would like to see specific items more automatic, and the Apptivo team is still working on making these features in for us.

Gabriel
CFO in US
Consumer Services, 51–200 Employees

Google Contact Replacement

Comments: We had to keep customizing every time we added a new contact with our old system, here once we customized our fields they are set and there every time. We felt as if we had our own software program made just for us, we walked them through on what we needed and they gave us what we needed and more. They have saved us so much time going forward.

Pros:

We worked with Google Contacts but we ran out of contact space with them, we had to look for a system/software that we could customize contact fields to fit our needs. I searched different programs for several weeks narrowing it down to a handful and after trying out all of them we found that Apptivo was the most user friendly, and the one with all the options for us to customize ALL our contact fields. This is what set it apart from the others and the you can't beat the price!

Cons:

We are still new to the software, but we have integrated and there is nothing that we don't like about the software. The more we learn about it the more we love it.

Rebecca
Telecommunications, 2–10 Employees

Apptivo all the way!

Comments: We really needed something that would bring together all client information and communications to give our Sales, Support, and Accounting teams a clear picture of everything going on with our clients. And, we're even saving money with this single app instead of paying for several that either had to be "stitched" together with additional apps or APIs, or time-consuming copy/paste work.

Pros:

Apptivo is taking the place of our CRM, project management, sales tracking, and support ticket applications - all in one online package!

Cons:

Its not exactly a con. Apptivo is capable of so much, that it can seem a little overwhelming, but it also means that we can truly make it our own instead of us having to conform to apps created for other businesses or created too broadly, that they didn't fit our needs. It is taking some time to set things up the way we need, but Apptivo has great support, and even offers assistance in creating workflows.

Robert
Entertainment, Self Employed

Making a small business look large and professional

Comments: Very Happy with the product. It works well, year in and year out, and this year, I intend to learn how to use more aspects of it. It's a complete sales CRM and I don't really take advantage of that. I use it as an invoice generation tool. I am a loyal user and have no intention of looking elsewhere. BUT please think about that calendar feature. $60 and an invasive integration from Google, feels a bit much.

Pros:

It is easy and quick to punch out an invoice copying an old customer invoice and making a couple changes in the body the Output looks Professional when I bill my corporate clients. I like that if I get stuck, CHAT is always available and it's been quick to resolve my confusion or concerns.

Cons:

Inconsistent features access between my Ipad and my windows desktop. The IOS (Apple) apps have improved since I started using Apptivo. Although I had to have two separate Apps on my ipad initially and it was confusing, the main app has bulked up to where I rarely need to get on my windows machine. But I'm finding I do have to still, like setting up recurring invoices. Recording payments, seems to be less than intuitive, resulting in me over crediting an account and having to search until I gave up, trying to delete the twice or more extra payments due to some sort of lag from screen to screen. My man complaint is lack of a simple calendar capability and it appears if I want it I'll be having to add Google G Suites, which is overkill. Apparently to make up for lack of feature capability in Apptivo, if I want to set up recurring invoices that utilize date features like 2nd Tuesday of every month or 4th Monday of the month. That will cost me $6 month from Google and I don't want or need all of the G suite features.

5 years ago

Hi Robert! First of all, thank you so much for taking the time to post this review. Our team is so thrilled that you are so happy with our service and Apptivo Sure we are taking all your feedback on enhancing the Recurring Invoices and Calendar capability into consideration and will work on it. I am delighted to read that our support team provided excellent service. We would continue to give all of our customers with the same fantastic experience. You can always get us on online chat (24/7) or write a note to [email protected]. Thanks again!

Josh
Associate in US
Real Estate, 2–10 Employees

Highly Recommend!

Comments: So far I've been extremely pleased with everything!

Pros:

I enjoy that this CRM is modular so you can or subtract components that don't directly relate to your business (ie. Shipping, Locations, Invoicing, Properties, Contracts, etc). I also like that once you understand how Apptivo works in one app, you'll understand how the rest of them operate. Customer support was extremely helpful in growing my knowledge!

Cons:

It took some time to learn how to customize it to my liking, along with plenty of help from customer service. So the learning curve was a little steep but nothing unusual compared to similar CRMs. Also, I have not maxed out my cloud storage or even come close but I anticipate that I will need more cloud storage.

Craig
Market Research Consultant in South Africa
Market Research Software, 2–10 Employees

All-in-one ERP - broad coverage at a reasonable price

Comments: All-in-one business software, good support and value for the money.

Pros:

An extremely broad range of applications. Apptivo beats most competitors in this respect; it really is an 'all-in-one' ERP in fact - not just a CRM. At the same time Apptivo is excellent value for the money. The 'in-app' live chat support is especially helpful, as you can deal with issues as they occur. The pricing is per user, broadening the base of potential organizations who will find Apptivo appealing from the outset, and scaling as the organization grows larger.

Cons:

Being a 'jack of all trades', Apptivo cannot be expected to excel in every area. Some features - such as the two Wordpress plugins - seem neglected and are seldom updated or promoted. Given the popularity of WP it seems to be a missed opportunity to expand into the help desk market. Another example would be the customer portal, it seems a bit awkward. The customer must sign-up through Xinnect and then Apptivo as well to access their portal, even though Apptivo might not be relevant to them. It is also difficult to control exactly what clients will see, and they are shown a lot of irrelevant fields, even though there is a rudimentary role assignment mechanism. Combining this with cases (tickets) and answers (knowledge-base) should in theory provide an alternative to a help desk, but it is a long way round.

5 years ago

Thank you very much for your kind words! We are working tirelessly to create the best experience for our users, and it's great to see that reflected in your review. I am sorry to hear about the problems you faced and we are looking into that now. We exist because of great customers like yourself! Please feel free to reach out to us ([email protected]) with any thoughts/criticisms/feedback, we would love to hear from you. Regards, Team Apptivo

Tanya
IT Director in US
Information Technology & Services, 51–200 Employees

Great CRM with Amazing Service!

Comments: The overall experience with Apptivo has been GREAT. Our onboarding process was seamless and smooth. The Apptivo Team is responsive and they are very professional. There is always a quick turn-around on most issues and their staff is polite and knowledgeable. Tech Support is GREAT and they respond to you within a quick timespan. Our company is fairly new to this platform and we are still making changes that will continue to enhance our experience.

Pros:

This software is rich in features. It has apps that will cater to every department within a company and if the standard ones do not suit your need one can easily be customized. Navigation and customization within apps are easy and the platform is very user friendly. Our previous system was a bit complicated for our users but this platform simplified a lot of processes and tasks that enhanced productivity. It's easy to look up information and export to Excel, create tables, link fields, and the list goes on. This is really a great CRM system if you are looking for something that is cost effective and that will give users a good experience.

Cons:

The reporting feature in this platform is lacking. Also, if tables are customized then it's hard to search and filter on the fields. Integration with Calendar has been problematic. The News Feed feature does not capture all changes or even detailed changes so it is hard to find historical data.

Adam
Director in New Zealand
Construction Software, 2–10 Employees

Great Product

Pros:

Apptivo has greatly improved our efficiency with the company and has helped streamline our production and customer contacts at an affordable price. The customer support for the software is fantastic.

Cons:

It does feel a little basic for the layout and (feels like 2000 era software database.

Gregory
President in US

I have utilized several CRM solutions and the Apptivo CRM solution is a great solution for it's cost

Pros:

Apptivo CRM is easy to use, and makes available lots of functionality to pick and choose from when building a customized solution. Apptivo's customer support is excellent, responsive, helpful and does a great job supporting me when I need help.

Cons:

For non-technical users, modifying the screens to build a customized app, can be a challenge. However, Apptivo customer service is ready to jump in and help when needed. Customer support is accomplished via chat window, which can be tedious. However, Apptivo makes available voice support when requested. And, they provide lots of You-Tube based videos to demonstrate how to modify functionality.

5 years ago

Thank you very much for your kind words! We are working tirelessly to create the best experience for our users, and it's great to see that reflected in your review. We exist because of great customers like yourself! I am sorry to hear about the problems you faced and we are looking into that now. Please feel free to reach out to us ([email protected]) with any thoughts/criticisms/feedback, we would love to hear from you. Regards, Team ApptivoThank you very much for your kind words! We are working tirelessly to create the best experience for our users, and it's great to see that reflected in your review. We exist because of great customers like yourself! I am sorry to hear about the problems you faced and we are looking into that now. Please feel free to reach out to us ([email protected]) with any thoughts/criticisms/feedback, we would love to hear from you. Regards, Team Apptivo

Anil
Sales Operations Manager in India
Automotive, 1,001–5,000 Employees

It literally saved my hours and hours of precious time!

Pros:

It helps to manage customer relationship, campaigns, billing, and invoices. This is helpful to manage payment and tax department very smoothly which is important for any business. It further helps to organize the calendar for all business activities and keep a record of all the important contact details. Document management is another key feature. All the important documents related to the business can be kept safely in a virtual location. It caters to widespread businesses like the travel industry, retail, and wholesale industry etc.. All important activities of a business can be interlinked with the help of this application. We can enhance our productivity with this effective management application.

Cons:

When we started, our time zones were just IST and when employees from another part of the world started to sign up to the CRM, we faced a lot of problems to set autoresponders at the correct time. The time and date format don't change according to the location.

Herman
Business Analyst in South Africa
Management Consulting, 11–50 Employees

Apptivo, the best solution for any business

Comments: Step-by-step we are implementing Apptivo in our business processes where possible and sofar I haven't seen a thing that is not possible.

Pros:

The fact that I can add and delete fields and have full control over the attributes of any field. Conversions to the next step is amazing, however, this options needs a few more possibilities.The fact that it integrates with Xero is very good and your staff today gave me possible solutions to sync with more than 1 Xero, which is great.

Cons:

It is an online solution and we are dependent on the internet and overseas cables. This makes is sometimes a slow solution. The receiving email functionality is not great and we will continue using Outlook. The sending email functionality is great.

VP Business Development in US
Consumer Goods, 11–50 Employees

Custom Built For Our Specific Needs

Pros:

I love that we are able to add apps as they are needed and our company continues to grow. As someone who does not have a technical systems background, it's great that the Apptivo team was able to work with us and we were able to ultimately get what we wanted.

Cons:

Technical support during the build was frustrating at times due to the time difference and bad connections on calls made communicating difficult at times but overall the Apptivo team did a great job addressing our needs and were patient with us when our focus was diverted to other things.

Sean
owner in US
Construction Software, Self Employed

I like Apptivo, but have found it to have lots of glitches and is very slow at times

Comments: Apptivo helps to keep my partner and I organized. We particularly use the email and notes function. We are a builder, so everything is organized around projects. The scheduling program is terrible, by the way.

Pros:

The concept of the software is great... it is very integrated and it seems like the owners are always trying to improve the program.

Cons:

The problems are the number of glitches experienced; the difficulty in getting issues resolved; the fact that the program can be very slow to respond. Right now, for instance, when I click on an email sometimes it opens up and sometimes it doesn't. Not sure what is causing this, but it is extremely frustrating and inefficient. I tend to do things in Google. I am seriously considering abandoning Apptivo.

5 years ago

Thank you very much for your review! I am sorry to hear about the problems you faced and we are looking into that now. Please feel free to reach out to us ([email protected]) with any thoughts/criticisms/feedback, we would love to hear from you. Regards, Team Apptivo

Susan
Susan
CIO (Chief Idea/Implentation Officer) in US

We've been using Apptivo to manage our networking group for invoicing and also guest management

Comments: It has great time-saving features but has been "glitchy" after having worked successfully in the past.

Pros:

Comprehensive tool that allows us to create templates for just about everything we need from weekly updates, quarterly & annual invoicing, guest followup and reminders. Also, let's us automate generation of invoices. Great to have a history of current & past members & guests.

Cons:

Seemed to work find for the first few years but in the last 1-2 years there have been anomalies in invoicing: past due amounts were incorrect and have had to reach out to customer support several ties on this... We are not paying for the service (so I guess we don't have the right to complain) but it has been an issue to trouble-shooting the problems. Customer support has been responsive but resolution of the issues has sometimes been slower than I'd like. I've had to create work-arounds to resolve some of the issues.

6 years ago

Hi Susan, We've improved the technology quite a bit and have also added a lot of new features. Some training may help to get used to getting your work done in the current version as it stands. We have not discontinued any working features unless we are able to provide a much better flow and it was impossible to keep both the old and new features to coexist. Certainly feel free to reach out to us to schedule additional training.