Filter Results (312)
Table of Contents
What is website builder software?
Website builder software enables businesses to construct websites without the need for in-depth coding expertise. This software offers various design tools, domain hosting options, and built-in templates to create a user-friendly website in minimal time. Website builder software can also include credit card processing, social media integration, and SEO tools that enable the website to perform better in search results.
The benefits of website builder software
- Eliminate the need for in-depth coding: Website builder software offers customizable templates that don't require the user to learn a coding or programming language. This software also provides a user-friendly interface and drag-and-drop technology that allows the developer to easily upload images, edit text, or change page elements.
- Reduce go-live time: By using website builder software, businesses don't have to hire a professional designer or outsource website design. The software provides ready-to-use applications and pre-populated web pages so users can add personalized content and quickly launch their website.
- Train new users quickly: With drop-down menu options, a drag-and-drop interface, and quick access to editor tools, website builder software is easy to learn and use.
Typical features of website builder software
- Real-time editing: Edit website content in a real-time visual and intuitive editor.
- Content import/export: Import or export content to and from a website, including images, graphics, sound, video, frames, tables, and animations.
- Templates: Use pre-built, industry-specific templates to create a site. Customize the templates by adding or changing images, text, and other page elements.
- Drag and drop: Drag and drop multiple web elements to a website.
- Form creation: Create custom forms and collect user data.
- SEO: Use SEO analytics tools to improve a site's organic search ranking.
Considerations when purchasing website builder software
- Mobile experience: According to Google , 50% of B2B search queries are made on smartphones, and they're expecting this number to grow. Your website needs to offer a good experience for mobile users. However, some website builder software offers limited mobile optimization capabilities - for example, they may offer a limited set of mobile templates that may not fit your content and design. Before making a purchase decision, ensure that your tool offers what you need to create mobile-friendly websites.
- Customer support: Website builder software is most likely to be used by people who aren't coding experts. Therefore, ask software vendors what kind of training is available to ensure your staff can get up to speed quickly. Be sure to also ask the vendor what kind of online, telephone, and live chat customer support is available - live customer support is helpful in resolving issues quickly so your website launch is not delayed due to technical glitches.
Relevant website builder software trends
- Artificial intelligence (AI) offers a personalized experience: AI-powered website builder software can automatically pick a website layout and design scheme based on the user's industry, customer segment, and other parameters. It can also optimize, arrange, and format the content on a website according to user theme, content form, and preferences.
- Chatbots assist users in website design: Some website builder systems are incorporating chatbots that ask web designers questions to understand their preferences and make suitable recommendations. Chatbots provide step-by-step advice on pages, images, content, and other multimedia elements that can help create a site with a professional look.