Filter Results (133)
Table of Contents
What is catalog management software?
Catalog management software allows businesses to manage their product/service catalogs and related information, such as product/service names, descriptions, pricing, and supplier details. These systems automate the process of creating, updating, maintaining, and distributing product/service catalogs.
The benefits of catalog management software
- Centralized product database: Catalog management software serves as a centralized product database that provides single-window access and visibility to all stakeholders. A centralized repository allows users to quickly create customizable catalogs.
- Improved product search: Catalog management software classifies products under relevant categories using related tags and keywords. This in-depth categorization helps customers find required products easily, ultimately improving overall customer satisfaction.
- Multichannel product listing: Manually listing one product on multiple channels is a laborious task, and can lead to errors such as spelling mistakes and missing attributes. Catalog management software lets users manage listings from a single dashboard and ensures that product datasheets on different platforms are accurate, minimizing errors.
Typical features of catalog management software
- Catalog creation: Create product catalogs containing relevant information such as descriptions, images, and metadata.
- Categorization/grouping: Organize and group data or items based on attributes such as product type, price, and color.
- Content management: Create, update, and monitor accuracy and brand consistency of all written content in catalogs across platforms.
- Search/filter: Search and/or filter items using names, keywords, descriptions, tags, etc.
- Content library: Store and manage content (product descriptions, images, and metadata) in a central location.
- Custom catalog views: Create custom catalog content for different audiences.
Considerations when purchasing catalog management software
- Software should be scalable: While purchasing a catalog management solution, consider the volume of products your business may need to manage in the future. While more products will require creating and managing more catalogs, your existing catalog structure may also require updates. Make sure you invest in a solution that supports an expanding product line as your business grows.
- Integration capabilities: Since catalog management as a whole requires a lot of product-related data to manage a cross-channel strategy, be sure to evaluate the integration capabilities of software on your shortlist. Give preference to software that integrates with your existing systems such as eCommerce platforms and internal databases.
Relevant catalog management software trend
- Artificial intelligence (AI) is upping the product tagging game: Maintaining accurate and quality product data in catalogs is crucial to driving sales. Products like Catchoom use AI to automatically detect suitable tags for products, assign categories and attributes to product images, and check image quality, as per brand requirements.